PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Christian dismisses FB Coach & Staff

Catatonic
November 13th, 2016, 04:03 PM
per multiple sources ACU Head football Coach Ken Collums and the entire staff have been dismissed. News Conference expected later today or in the morning. I am hearing this from reliable sources. This follows 2-9 and 3-8 seasons. ACU moves into a new 50 million dollar on campus stadium next fall.

BEAR
November 13th, 2016, 04:11 PM
No surprise.

He's a good coach that was over his head. ACU will rebound quickly. I just hope for the guy that led UCA to an NAIA National Championship in 1991 that he lands in a great job!

- - - Updated - - -

I see Clamp Crank on the same chopping block.

Catatonic
November 13th, 2016, 04:15 PM
A friend messaged me to say he was sure this was hard on our AD but it needed to be done. My reply was it is hard on me and I am not the one who had to do it. Ken is a genuinely nice guy and was a great QB Coach and OC.But he didn't transition well into the role of HC.

BEAR
November 13th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Any idea on a replacement? Or do you think the SLC coaching carousel will move again? xlolx

He really is a great guy. I bet he's heartbroken as any coach would be that put that much effort into a team and it didnt succeed. He will land somewhere good.

Catatonic
November 13th, 2016, 04:37 PM
I don't have a clue. Our AD is relatively new and from outside ACU circles. He has made two significant hires--a strength and conditioning coach and a new track/cross country coach. The S&C guy came from his network connections and the track coach came via ACU's circle. I imagine the AD has someone in mind, or at least a short list. My contacts know some names being tossed around but have no idea what the AD will do.

Stonewall D
November 13th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Don't you still have games left?

Catatonic
November 13th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Don't you still have games left?

No. Wrapped up a disappointing season last night. We finished 2-9 after going 3-8 last year.

Daytripper
November 13th, 2016, 05:10 PM
John Wristen from CSU-Pueblo. Get that guy.

Catatonic
November 13th, 2016, 05:30 PM
John Wristen from CSU-Pueblo. Get that guy.

I know he is good but he's a d2 coach. We are probably looking for someone capable of beating top tier FCS teams like Sam Houston. Oh, wait....

ST_Lawson
November 13th, 2016, 05:46 PM
What about the ballgirl?

Catatonic
November 13th, 2016, 06:02 PM
What about the ballgirl?

LOL. Nicely done.

Daytripper
November 13th, 2016, 08:22 PM
I know he is good but he's a d2 coach. We are probably looking for someone capable of beating top tier FCS teams like Sam Houston. Oh, wait....

Exactly. That guy can coach his ass off. He would probably stay for a while. If you get a young hot shot, they will be gone at the first FBS chance.

katstrapper
November 15th, 2016, 07:16 PM
ACU had to make that move with the new stadium set to open and looking to fill the stands... Not surprised by this move.

Serpentor
November 15th, 2016, 07:42 PM

That's a warning for below the belt...