PDA

View Full Version : Any Harvard Supporters?

GUYMAN
July 12th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Not easy following the Crimson down here in NJ, trying to touch base with some other fans.

Ivytalk
July 12th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I am -- and wear -- a Crimson athletic supporter! :D

nlwwln
July 12th, 2005, 04:35 PM
so really, how good are the crimson i mean they went undefeated last year and surly you cant argue with that but if they were to put themselves out there with the big boys im talkin montana, delaware , georgia southern how would they really fare?

nlwwln
July 12th, 2005, 04:36 PM
i know they have one of the best runningbacks in all of 1aa, what makes him so good?

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 12th, 2005, 04:46 PM
so really, how good are the crimson i mean they went undefeated last year and surly you cant argue with that but if they were to put themselves out there with the big boys im talkin montana, delaware , georgia southern how would they really fare?

They play Lehigh this year which is probably the best team they will have faced in a couple years. I think it'll be Dawson's toughest test yet in his college career. Lehigh historically has one of the best run D's in the country and this year they might be even better with a healthy potential All-American Royce Morgan returning. Hopefully i'll be up in Cambridge for the game. Harvard also plays Lafayette this year. They handled them pretty easy last year before LC got it together the last 4-5 weeks of the season. LC should again be pretty good this year but they have a few more holes to fill then Lehigh.

Ivytalk
July 12th, 2005, 05:08 PM

Harvard isn't in the same league as the "big boys" you mention, but over the past 10 years they've been one of the two strongest Ivy League teams. If O'Hagan fills Fitzpatrick's shoes at QB, we'll be tough again.

Ivytalk
July 12th, 2005, 05:14 PM
They play Lehigh this year which is probably the best team they will have faced in a couple years. I think it'll be Dawson's toughest test yet in his college career. Lehigh historically has one of the best run D's in the country and this year they might be even better with a healthy potential All-American Royce Morgan returning.

That's probably an accurate assessment. The last time Harvard played LU, the Crimson lost at Goodman in a shootout, something like 35-30. If the Crimson beat Brown the week before the Lehigh game, they'll be pumped for Lehigh, and the Mountain Hawks will have their hands full.

Ivytalk
July 12th, 2005, 05:17 PM
i know they have one of the best runningbacks in all of 1aa, what makes him so good?

Dawson is a transfer student from Northwestern of the Big 10. He's not that big, but "quick to the hole" and very strong.

Husky Alum
July 13th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Having seen Harvard play a fair amount the past 3-4 seasons, I'd say that they could have competed with the top 3-4 teams in the A-10. Fitzpatrick was a VERY good QB, and when they had Carl Morris as a WR - he was as good as any 1-AA receiver.

Dawson is very quick and once he breaks through a hole - he's gone, and their defense was surprisingly aggressive. They were very disciplined and rarely beat themselves.

ngineer
July 13th, 2005, 09:31 PM
That's probably an accurate assessment. The last time Harvard played LU, the Crimson lost at Goodman in a shootout, something like 35-30. If the Crimson beat Brown the week before the Lehigh game, they'll be pumped for Lehigh, and the Mountain Hawks will have their hands full.

Actually, the last meeting between Lehigh and Harvard was at Goodman with Lehigh winning 36-35 in 2002. The last time Lehigh played at Harvard, the Mountain Hawks won big 45-13 in 2000. I fully expect a wild game at Cambridge this year and would pick us to win, but I wouldn't give away more than 3 points.