PDA

View Full Version : Eye on UT-Arlington Football

TexasTerror
January 12th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Quite a bit of news on the UT-Arlington front...a school where football is on the mind and they are really pushing towards trying to get FCS football back at their school...

UT-Arlington's club football team has applied for membership in the NAIA as a football entry. The team is trying to gain entry into the Central States League. If they do not get in, they still hope to play several games against teams from the NAIA conference.

The CSFL includes Bacone (Okla.), Northwestern Oklahoma, Peru State (Neb.), Southern Nazarene (Okla.) and Texas College.

--------------------
UT-Arlington club football team's spring schedule has been announced. They are playing in the semi-pro Texas United Football League.

Saturday, Feb 24
Lake Country Blaze @ Maverick Football Club 7:00pm Maverick Stadium

Saturday, Mar 3
Maverick Football Club @ Ft Worth Avengers TBA HEB-Pennington Field

Saturday, Mar 10
Maverick Football Club @ Arlington Pitbulls 7:00pm TBA

Saturday, Mar 17
Abilene Gladiators @ Maverick Football Club 7:00pm Maverick Stadium

Saturday, Mar 24
Maverick Football Club @ Lake Country Blaze 7:00pm TBA

Saturday, Mar 31
Ft Worth Avengers @ Maverick Football Club 7:00pm Maverick Stadium

Saturday, Apr 14
Maverick Football Club @ Wichita Falls Razorbacks 7:00pm TBA

Saturday, Apr 21
Greenville Oilers @ Maverick Football Club 7:00pm Maverick Stadium

Saturday, Apr 28
Maverick Football Club @ Abilene Gladiators 7:00pm TBA
Saturday, May 5

Wichita Falls Razorbacks @ Maverick Football Club 7:00pm Maverick Stadium

DFW HOYA
January 12th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Would an NAIA conference really accept a club team? I'm all for the return of the Movin' Mavs, but I wouldn't think they'll get in.

TexasTerror
January 12th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Would an NAIA conference really accept a club team? I'm all for the return of the Movin' Mavs, but I wouldn't think they'll get in.

There's apparently no precedent for it...but they have initiated the process with the NAIA...

The head of the Mavericks Football Club stated, "From what I understand from the NAIA representive I spoke to, schools can designate a sport to play NAIA. I have spoken to Pete Carlon, and he doesnt think it will fly. Nevertheless, if we dont get support from the University, we are planning on playing some games against members of the Central States Leauge."

MplsBison
January 13th, 2007, 01:17 PM
If they get in, that would just be more proof of how pathetic the NAIA is.

Are they dead yet?

AZGrizFan
January 13th, 2007, 01:26 PM
If they get in, that would just be more proof of how pathetic the NAIA is.

Are they dead yet?

NDSU should go NAIA. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

Model Citizen
January 13th, 2007, 01:29 PM

I agree. From NAIA info, it looks like they want the school to have the kind of institutional/budget control they could only have with a varsity program within the athletic department.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/naia/member-services/about/Membership_Application_Guidebook_2006-07.pdf

BigApp
January 13th, 2007, 03:35 PM
UT-Arlington's club football team has applied for membership in the NAIA as a football entry. The team is trying to gain entry into the Central States League. If they do not get in, they still hope to play several games against teams from the NAIA conference.

You can bet a lotta schools would take notice if this is allowed.

BigApp
January 13th, 2007, 03:36 PM

NAIA Division 2

dbackjon
January 13th, 2007, 05:45 PM

Aren't they already?

BigApp
January 13th, 2007, 06:11 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx