PDA

View Full Version : Southern Pigskin FCS Playoff Projections 4.0

Southern Pigskin
November 8th, 2016, 11:04 AM
http://www.southernpigskin.com/socon/fcs-playoff-projections-4.0/

F'N Hawks
November 8th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Not quite sold on that Eastern Washington team up there......

WrenFGun
November 8th, 2016, 11:19 AM
IMO, the Big South is a one bid league this year. If Chuck South loses to Liberty, they'll have 5 DI wins if they beat Kennesaw State. Simply not a playoff team. If Liberty loses to Chuck South, they'd have a small chance of getting in with a win over Coastal, but I can't imagine that would be better than a potential 7-4 Stony Brook team that would have wins over North Dakota and Richmond (granted, a 7-4 SBU team should also be in over a 7-4 Wofford).

Right now, as things stand, I'd replace Chuck South with Illinois State and Wofford with Stony Brook, but I think it's close to accurate. Wouldn't sleep on Northern Arizona sneaking in given how hot they've been, and I also think Southern Utah is a bit of a sleeper.

Milktruck74
November 8th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Please Dear Jesus, Can we have this be the actual bracket?

ElCid
November 8th, 2016, 12:13 PM

Want to switch?

Sandlapper Spike
November 8th, 2016, 12:30 PM
There are three potential second-round rematches in that bracket. The sad thing is that's probably fewer than might be expected.

BisonTru
November 8th, 2016, 12:57 PM
There are three potential second-round rematches in that bracket. The sad thing is that's probably fewer than might be expected.

It's almost guaranteed it will be higher. He doesn't put much thought into regionalization. Whether that's because he disagrees with it or not, IDK. However, it's part of the process.

I don't agree with how he has the order of seeds, but I can't disagree with who he has seeded and who is in. The pairings will look much different though. By far the best bracket he has released so far tho.

Gangtackle11
November 8th, 2016, 01:01 PM
A few of those 1st round games wouldn't happen due to regionalization. Too many plane flights.

St. Francis, Pa., Liberty, & Cal Poly would be rearranged for sure.

Thumper 76
November 8th, 2016, 01:08 PM
A few of those 1st round games wouldn't happen due to regionalization. Too many plane flights.

That and there is almost zero chance UND and SDSU don't get paired and fed to Fargo if they end up unseeded. If both win out I wouldn't be surprised to have one of them with a seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonTru
November 8th, 2016, 01:10 PM

Agreed this is how his bracket should look like, IMO.

San Diego/Cal Poly @ 1. Sam Houston St

New Hampshire/Lehigh @ 8. Chattanooga

Western Ill/Montana @ 5. Eastern Washington

Youngstown St/Liberty @ 4. James Madison

North Dakota/South Dakota St @ 3. North Dakota St

Central Arkansas/Samford @ 6. Jacksonville St

St. Francis/Villanova @ 7. Richmond

Charleston Southern/Wofford @ 2. The Citadel

BTW, I don't agree with regionalization, but it is what it is. My fix to his bracket would create 4 possible second round rematchups and 2 first round rematches. All of those are within the rules.

TheKingpin28
November 8th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Agreed this is how his bracket should look like, IMO.

Youngstown St/Liberty @ 4. James Madison

Central Arkansas/Samford @ 6. Jacksonville St

St. Francis/Villanova @ 7. Richmond

Charleston Southern/Wofford @ 2. The Citadel

BTW, I don't agree with regionalization, but it is what it is. My fix to his bracket would create 4 possible second round rematchups and 2 first round rematches. All of those are within the rules.

Youngstown St/ Villanova @ 4. James Madison

Central Arkansas/ Wofford @ 6. Jacksonville St

St. Francis/ Liberty @ 7. Richmond

Charleston Southern/ Samford @ 2. The Citadel

I switched the Greens to give 2 bus trips instead of 1. Liberty and Youngstown is 11 miles too far for a bus trip according to the NCAA.

I switched the Reds to avoid a rematch of the 1st round since they played as an OOC game, but that does not mean it will stop the committee from doing it again.

Gangtackle11
November 8th, 2016, 02:40 PM

I switched the Greens to give 2 bus trips instead of 1. Liberty and Youngstown is 11 miles too far for a bus trip according to the NCAA.

I switched the Reds to avoid a rematch of the 1st round since they played as an OOC game, but that does not mean it will stop the committee from doing it again.

I think you are very close. I would hope they would send the YSU/Villanova winner to the lower seeded Richmond & the Liberty/St.Francis winner to the higher seeded JMU. That makes more sense to me.

Actually hope it's St.Francis/YSU & Liberty/Villanova, but I'm splitting hairs & it will change in the coming weeks anyway.

I also think the Liberty/CSU loser stays home.

BisonTru
November 8th, 2016, 02:54 PM

Good catch on the Green switch. The red one though, Samford is within 400 miles of Central Arkansas, so swapping them would cause an extra flight.

TheKingpin28
November 8th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Good catch on the Green switch. The red one though, Samford is within 400 miles of Central Arkansas, so swapping them would cause an extra flight.

right but samford played UCA already and I wanted to try and avoid it, even if it was an OOC game

CID1990
November 8th, 2016, 07:44 PM

Jeez no kidding. Our only consolation would be that if this bracket holds true we'd have home field the whole way.

Regionalization is crap, BTW and this bracket assumes it will be on in full force. I hope not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
November 8th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Jeez no kidding. Our only consolation would be that if this bracket holds true we'd have home field the whole way.

Regionalization is crap, BTW and this bracket assumes it will be on in full force. I hope not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe it assumes it in the south, but it completely ignores that an unseeded SDSU and UND are a virtual lock to be matched up and fed to Fargo. There is a wickedly small chance you see SDSU being sent South in the playoffs ever until they seed the entire field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk