PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Conference Scenarios when/if UND Leaves

Utgrizfan
November 7th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Hello everyone, long time poster on Egriz looking forward to talking some more FCS football. As everyone knows by now in North Dakota is currently in talks to move out of the Big Sky and back to the Summit and MVFC due to financial reasons. Personally I see this happening and I'm curious to see what y'all think the Big Sky might do when this happens has at that point we will be left with 11 full-time conference members and 2 football only ones. it does give us an opportunity to potentially add another school such as NMSU or maybe San Diego to the conference as a full time member. To assist with the finances in regards to travel we could break up football into 2 Divisions, for example:

Big Sky North:
-Montana
-MSU
-EWU
-Idaho
-ISU
-PSU
-WSU or Sac State

Big Sky South:
-Sac State or WSU
-Cal Poly
-SUU
-UC-Davis
-NAU
-UNC
-San Diego/NMSU

There would be no Conference Championship however you would play the teams in your division every single year and only 3 teams from the opposite division. There would be an option to schedule a single team from the opposite division every single year as a "Rival" (SUU vs WSU for example) if they wanted to and most importantly cut down on expenses for travel.

nevadagriz
November 7th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Wow the north would be a bitch to get through. It would be MVFC 2.0

MontanaVandal
November 7th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Very nice setup. The North would be hellish to get through, but you couldn't deny the winner of the North a playoff spot.

BadlandsGrizFan
November 7th, 2016, 01:34 PM
It doesnt matter...our joke of a conference will mess up the schedule no matter what is presented to them......the BSC has gotten so out of touch with reality and scheduling its a joke....

If I were UND I would want to be in the MVC too.