PDA

View Full Version : Selection Committee's Top 10 for 11-10??? SPECULATION

Milktruck74
November 6th, 2016, 09:07 AM
I don't see too much movement from last week in the top 6.... maybe a one spot shuffle. JSu didn't have a great game, but it was a win, but was it enough to kick them off the top spot? How bad does the loss hurt Richmond? Did NDSU dominate YSU enough to gain a spot? A 9-0 Citadel beat a strong Samford team, do they get some cred for that?

This is not my pick, just what I see the committee doing...speculate....

1. JSU
2. SHS
3. EWU
4. NDSU
5. JMU
6. CIT
7. UTC
8. UCA
9. RICH???
10. ????

FargoBison
November 6th, 2016, 09:08 AM
If EWU is not in the top 2, the committee should be disbanded. They went on the road and crushed a good team, plus that WSU win is looking better and better.

#10 will be huge....SDSU and UND fans should be watching that spot intently.

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2016, 09:09 AM
I don't even want to venture a guess on what it'll be. It's like trying to guess the order of the first 10 swear words uttered by Rex Ryan in an episode of Hard Knocks.

TheEagleSHSU
November 6th, 2016, 09:16 AM
I don't even want to venture a guess on what it'll be. It's like trying to guess the order of the first 10 swear words uttered by Rex Ryan in an episode of Hard Knocks.

Some funny **** right there. I think EWU jumps to #1, NDSU #2, SHSU #3, JSU #4.

I think SDSU and UND look into the top 10. With UCA moving down a few spots.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 6th, 2016, 09:18 AM
I bet the top 4 will remain the same.

Longhorn
November 6th, 2016, 09:20 AM
I don't see too much movement from last week in the top 6.... maybe a one spot shuffle. JSu didn't have a great game, but it was a win, but was it enough to kick them off the top spot? How bad does the loss hurt Richmond? Did NDSU dominate YSU enough to gain a spot? A 9-0 Citadel beat a strong Samford team, do they get some cred for that?

1. JSU
2. SHS
3. EWU
4. NDSU
5. JMU
6. CIT
7. UTC
8. UCA
9. RICH???
10. ????
Should JMU beat Villanova (on the road, as it has already done against New Hampshire, Maine and Richmond), and finishes undefeated in the CAA to win the conference, I don't know how you keep JMU out of the top four. Perhaps out of the top two.

kdinva
November 6th, 2016, 09:21 AM
I think the committe's top 8 will be like yours (maybe not in that order)........9 on down will be tough...

1. JSU
2. SHS
3. EWU
4. NDSU
5. JMU
6. CIT
7. UTC
8. UCA
9. RICH???
10. ????

jmu007
November 6th, 2016, 09:22 AM
If JMU wins out, they will be a top 2 seed. They will have finished the year with 3 of 5 games vs top 25 / playoff bound teams. All 3 on the road. 2 in the top 10. Hopefully the streak continues and the argument can actually be made in a few week. ::fingers crossed::

kalm
November 6th, 2016, 09:23 AM

1. JSU
2. SHS
3. EWU
4. NDSU
5. JMU
6. CIT
7. UTC
8. UCA
9. RICH???
10. ????

EWU beat a higher ranked opponent on the road by 3 touchdowns. If NDSU gains a spot so should EWU.

But if the committee does their homework they'll start over from scratch and reshuffle regardless of where teams were last week. I'm guessing that's not likely to happen.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 6th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Should JMU beat Villanova (on the road, as it has already done against New Hampshire, Maine and Richmond), and finishes undefeated in the CAA to win the conference, I don't know how you keep JMU out of the top four. Perhaps out of the top two.

Agreed.

Does anyone know who is representing the CAA on this committee?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 6th, 2016, 09:26 AM
If JMU wins out, they will be a top 2 seed. They will have finished the year with 3 of 5 games vs top 25 / playoff bound teams. All 3 on the road. 2 in the top 10. Hopefully the streak continues and the argument can actually be made in a few week. ::fingers crossed::

Do they deserve to leapfrog NDSU? Serious.

NDSU has an FBS win and 6 other wins against ranked FCS opponents. 2 in the top 10 also. and Iowa was ranked #11 at the time.

jmu007
November 6th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Agreed.

Does anyone know who is representing the CAA on this committee?

I think someone on our boards mentioned UNH. Don't have confirmation though.

FargoBison
November 6th, 2016, 09:27 AM
If the committee is going to start making shifts in their rankings, the time to start will be now. Going to be interesting to see how it shakes out, the chairman took a lot of heat this week for not doing his homework.

kalm
November 6th, 2016, 09:27 AM

Comparable resume to EWU and NDSU except the overall SoS and especially the OOC is considerably lower and they lack the P5 win. NDSU was playing CSU and EWU and EWU was playing NDSU and UNI while JMU was playing CCSU and Morehead.

TheKingpin28
November 6th, 2016, 09:28 AM
There will have some serious slot voting going on by a group of ADs that have no reason to ever be allowed to vote again. Based off of what the committee head said on Bison 1660, there will be no movement as long as a team wins since SOS has no bearing.

1: SHSU
2: JSU
3: EWU
4: NDSU
5: JMU
6: The Citadel
7: Chatty
8: UCA
9: UR cause East Coast Bias :p
10: SDSU or UND

jmu007
November 6th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Do they deserve to leapfrog NDSU? Serious.

NDSU has an FBS win and 6 other wins against ranked FCS opponents. 2 in the top 10 also. and Iowa was ranked #11 at the time.

While NDSU has 1 FCS loss, I agree with most that their SoS overcomes it. I personally would have NDSU 1 and JMU 2.

FargoBison
November 6th, 2016, 09:29 AM
While NDSU has 1 FCS loss, I agree with most that their SoS overcomes it. I personally would have NDSU 1 and JMU 2.

What about EWU? The team is playing the best football in the country and beat a ranked FBS team. Their only loss is in OT at NDSU.

TheKingpin28
November 6th, 2016, 09:33 AM
What about EWU? They team is playing the best football in the country and beat a ranked FBS team. Their only loss is in OT at NDSU.

On the road too.

It should be:

1: NDSU/EWU
2: NDSU/EWU
3: JMU/The Citadel
4: JMU/The Citadel
5: JSU
6: SHSU
8: UCA/UND

That is if the season were to end today IMO.

jmu007
November 6th, 2016, 09:33 AM
What about EWU? They team is playing the best football in the country and beat a ranked FBS team. Their only loss is in OT at NDSU.

I guess we disagree on just how tough the Big Sky is.

FargoBison
November 6th, 2016, 09:37 AM

Well they played a ranked FBS team, NDSU and UNI in non conference. That is probably the toughest non-conference schedule in the nation.

I think JMU has legit case over SHSU and maybe JSU.

kalm
November 6th, 2016, 09:38 AM

edit; just double checked and yep.. Still looks like the #1 team in Big Sky lost to SBU (CAA).

So did the #2 team in the CAA that lost a close one on the road to JMU. xlolx

But you'd rather go off of how you feel rather than the actual resumes, SoS, quality wins, etc?

Long live the Big Fluffy! We've heard this before.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 6th, 2016, 09:40 AM
On the road too.

It should be:

1: NDSU/EWU
2: NDSU/EWU
3: JMU/The Citadel
4: JMU/The Citadel
5: JSU
6: SHSU
8: UCA/UND

That is if the season were to end today IMO.

Actually, that is probably the most deserving top 8 right now!

jmu007
November 6th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Haha, yeah I thought about that for a sec and edited it out. But then again... now it just sounds to me like UND would finish like 6th in CAA ;)

Sticking with my prediction if results pan out. If not, all for not anyways. We'll see in a few weeks.

caribbeanhen
November 6th, 2016, 09:41 AM

they would be my #1
#2 NDSU
#3 Jacksonville State
#4 Citadel
#5 JMU
# 6 Sammy

TheKingpin28
November 6th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Actually, that is probably the most deserving top 8 right now!

This is based off of right now

1 and 2 have the right to be flip flopped and I wont argue with it
3 and 4 the same thing can be said and I have no idea who deserves to get sent to the Thunderdome and who deserves to get sent to the field that makes your eyes bleed...aka...The Inferno
5 since lol SOS but WAY better than SHSU
6 undefeated and sos is as strong as wet tissue paper
7 a close loss to what will likely be SoCon champ
8 depends how you want to view it but I feel like UND has current nod but if UCA wins then SHSU drops out and UND solidifies the Seed and they will be seeded with NDSU to create bus trip

Now lets assume all win out, that are capable of, then there are multiple ways I see this going assuming and I will create scenarios for: SHSU, The Citadel, Chatty, JMU, UCA, UND, SDSU, UR

(Note this is what I see is a BEST CASE SCENARIO for each team to increase their seeding, not where I think they will be and I am using this current weeks top 8 to figure out and keep a base guideline) I did not do NDSU or EWU since if they win out, they will lock the 1, 2, or 3 seeds.

[B]Scenario 1: SHSU Wins Out

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU/JSU
5 JMU/JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU/Chatty
7 Chatty/UND
8 UND/SDSU/UR

Scenario 2a: The Citadel Wins Out and SHSU beats UCA

1 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
2 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
3 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
4 JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty
8 UND

2b: The Citadel wins out and SHSU loses to UCA

1 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
2 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
3 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
4 JMU
5 JSU
6 JSU/UCA
7 UCA/Chatty
8 Chatty/UND

Scenario 3a: Chatty Wins Out and SHSU beats UCA

1 Chatty (Cause Alabama)
2 NDSU/EWU
3 NDSU/EWU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 The Citadel/JMU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 JSU/SHSU
8 UND

3b: Chatty Wins Out and SHSU loses to UCA

1 Chatty (Cause Alabama)
2 NDSU/EWU
3 NDSU/EWU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 The Citadel/JMU
6 JSU/UCA
7 JSU/UCA
8 UND

Scenario 4a: JMU Wins Out and SHSU beats UCA

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU/JMU
3 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel/JMU
4 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty
8 UND

Scenario 4b: JMU Wins Out and SHSU loses to UCA

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty
8 UND

Scenario 5: UCA Wins Out

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty
8 UND

Scenario 6a: UND Wins Out and SHSU beats UCA

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU/UND
7 JSU/SHSU/Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND

Scenario 6b: UND Wins Out and SHSU loses to UCA

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA/UND
7 UCA/UND
8 Chatty

Scenario 7a: SDSU Wins Out and SHSU beats UCA

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/SDSU

Scenario 7b: SDSU Wins Out and SHSU loses to UCA
1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/SDSU

Scenario 8a UR Wins Out and SHSU beats UCA

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/UR

Scenario 8b UR Wins Out and SHSU loses to UCA

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/UR

Cocky
November 6th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Really down on JSU?

POD Knows
November 6th, 2016, 11:32 AM
BTW. I predicted that UND would go undefeated and be number one in the BSC and then like a
dumbass I forgot to add "book it" so I am partially responsible for them potentially
sharing the conference title.

TheKingpin28
November 6th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Really down on JSU?

The SOS and quality of OOC. While i give credit for LSU, CCU is a transitional team and are playing mediocre at best even if their W/L says otherwise. I feel like with the OVC being down with having 0 quality opponents that hurts a lot. Between JMU, NDSU, EWU, and The Citadel, do you honestly believe you would have the same record against their schedules? If so, then they move into that top 4 discussion, but with Jenkins having an off year, compared to last year, I just do not see them moving from 5. Again, this is all IMO and if I were to seed the field that is where I would put them. Over SHSU/UCA but outside top 4

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Personally I think Harvard has a shot

Bison56
November 6th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Personally I think Harvard has a shot

Cocky
November 6th, 2016, 11:57 AM
JSU would fare well with any of their schedules. And I believe the committee is ranking the teams not their SOS? Having the best defense is of value and while the offense isnt as good with Eli being limited by the staff its far from terrible. If you want to knock JSU you should be listing too many penalties as the main fault of this team. Our stats would be incredibly better if not for penalties.

Milktruck74
November 6th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Really down on JSU?

SEMO...

Milktruck74
November 6th, 2016, 12:56 PM

3 and 4 the same thing can be said and I have no idea who deserves to get sent to the Thunderdome and who deserves to get sent to the field that makes your eyes bleed...aka...The Inferno
8 depends how you want to view it but I feel like UND has current nod but if UCA wins then SHSU drops out and UND solidifies the Seed and they will be seeded with NDSU to create bus trip

Now lets assume all win out, that are capable of, then there are multiple ways I see this going assuming and I will create scenarios for: SHSU, The Citadel, Chatty, JMU, UCA, UND, SDSU, UR

(Note this is what I see is a BEST CASE SCENARIO for each team to increase their seeding, not where I think they will be and I am using this current weeks top 8 to figure out and keep a base guideline) I did not do NDSU or EWU since if they win out, they will lock the 1, 2, or 3 seeds.

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU/JSU
5 JMU/JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU/Chatty
7 Chatty/UND
8 UND/SDSU/UR

1 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
2 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
3 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
4 JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty
8 UND

1 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
2 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
3 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
4 JMU
5 JSU
6 JSU/UCA
7 UCA/Chatty
8 Chatty/UND

1 Chatty (Cause Alabama)
2 NDSU/EWU
3 NDSU/EWU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 The Citadel/JMU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 JSU/SHSU
8 UND

1 Chatty (Cause Alabama)
2 NDSU/EWU
3 NDSU/EWU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 The Citadel/JMU
6 JSU/UCA
7 JSU/UCA
8 UND

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty
8 UND

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty
8 UND

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty
8 UND

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU/UND
7 JSU/SHSU/Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA/UND
7 UCA/UND
8 Chatty

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/SDSU

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/SDSU

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/UR

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/UR

you wasted effort on #3a and #3b...if we beat Bama,the committee will just cancel the playoffs and give us the NC for the next 3 years!!!

F'N Hawks
November 6th, 2016, 01:02 PM
I don't see UND getting a seed. Would need others to lose.

CappinHard
November 6th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I don't see UND getting a seed. Would need others to lose.

I think Richmond gets a seed and the last one comes down to SDSU, UND, and Chatty. Tough to tell which way the committee would go. Either way, I can see a matchup between SDSU and UND as a very good possibility, whether that's in the 1st or 2nd round.

KPSUL
November 6th, 2016, 01:23 PM
So did the #2 team in the CAA that lost a close one on the road to JMU. xlolx

But you'd rather go off of how you feel rather than the actual resumes, SoS, quality wins, etc?

Long live the Big Fluffy! We've heard this before.

The game was @ Richmond and UR is currently in 4th Place in the CAA

kalm
November 6th, 2016, 01:37 PM
The game was @ Richmond and UR is currently in 4th Place in the CAA

Oops...my bad. Still, I don't see the UND loss to SB at the beginning of the season as a bad loss. And Richmond is still the 2nd best team from teh CAA in regards to playoff resume.

ElCid
November 6th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Any scenario which has The Citadel winning out is pretty much just a wasted exercise. How do teams beat top 25 P5 FBS? They do it a number of ways. First, the T25 FBS team isn't really that good and never belonged in the top 25 to begin with (see Iowa). Second, the FCS team is really good and the T25 FBS team underestimates them and the FCS team just sneaks on them (see JMU in 2010 or App St in 2007). Thirdly, the FCS team just gets a couple of good breaks in the game. Most likely, it is a combination of all these. I do like that UNC has NC State the following week, but not counting on them looking ahead.

UNC is good. They will most likely be ranked in the top 20 by the time we play them (they are #21 today). We are pretty good, but we will not be sneaking up on them after our win over USC last year, especially with us coming to play them most likely at 10-0. They also know how to defend the triple option with Ga Tech in their ACC Coastal Division, and they played yesterday so they will not be taken by surprise by most of what we do.

I still have hopes we can compete, but a win.......? Probably not. But 10-1 ain't too shabby.

Cocky
November 6th, 2016, 02:39 PM
SEMO...

Zero yards rushing? Should have been negative I do agree.

jmufan999
November 6th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Any scenario which has The Citadel winning out is pretty much just a wasted exercise. How do teams beat top 25 P5 FBS? They do it a number of ways. First, the T25 FBS team isn't really that good and never belonged in the top 25 to begin with (see Iowa). Second, the FCS team is really good and the T25 FBS team underestimates them and the FCS team just sneaks on them (see JMU in 2010 or App St in 2007). Thirdly, the FCS team just gets a couple of good breaks in the game. Most likely, it is a combination of all these. I do like that UNC has NC State the following week, but not counting on them looking ahead.

UNC is good. They will most likely be ranked in the top 20 by the time we play them (they are #21 today). We are pretty good, but we will not be sneaking up on them after our win over USC last year, especially with us coming to play them most likely at 10-0. They also know how to defend the triple option with Ga Tech in their ACC Coastal Division, and they played yesterday so they will not be taken by surprise by most of what we do.

I still have hopes we can compete, but a win.......? Probably not. But 10-1 ain't too shabby.

i don't think it's at all crazy to look for a Citadel win. UNC is god awful defending the run. the two turnovers against Ga Tech were the difference in the game. hopefully you have a really good defense, or if not, you just get lucky, because their offense is nasty. playmakers all over the field. if you can just grind out first downs over and over, keep it out of their hands and make them sweat, you can do it. you'll have to get pressure on Trubisky, though, which is really difficult. if you give him time, he can make any throw on the field.

Schism55
November 6th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Oops...my bad. Still, I don't see the UND loss to SB at the beginning of the season as a bad loss. And Richmond is still the 2nd best team from teh CAA in regards to playoff resume.
It's quickly becoming one.

milleniumkat
November 6th, 2016, 04:14 PM
So when you guys say "Team X deserves a certain seed or status because they defeated Team Y that was ranked (insert ranking), what polls are you referring to?

"You Can't run with #81!"

kalm
November 6th, 2016, 04:39 PM
So when you guys say "Team X deserves a certain seed or status because they defeated Team Y that was ranked (insert ranking), what polls are you referring to?

I tend to just list teams as resume building wins, leaving the rank out and comparing them to the quality wins of other candidates.

That's tough to do all the time though as certain schools lack quality wins.

CappinHard
November 6th, 2016, 04:42 PM

I suppose you need to figure this out for when SHSU finally plays a ranked team in their last game of the regular season.

Bisonator
November 6th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Why even bother? The committee will probably just go by the other polls again anyway. This is as good as any:

1. The Citadel
2. SHSU
3. JMU
4. EWU
5. NDSU
6. JSU
7. UCA
8. UTC
9. Lehigh
10. San Diego

dudeitsaid
November 6th, 2016, 05:50 PM
EWU beat a higher ranked opponent on the road by 3 touchdowns. If NDSU gains a spot so should EWU.

But if the committee does their homework they'll start over from scratch and reshuffle regardless of where teams were last week. I'm guessing that's not likely to happen.

They'll keep the similar head-scratching rankings all the way to selection Sunday, and then come out with the final, more thorough and appropriate seeding of the field. And we'll realize all of these pre-selection committee rankings were done to create controversy and discussion, because as is regularly seen in the media, controversy breeds interest.

dudeitsaid
November 6th, 2016, 06:03 PM

I guess it's a good thing you've got a couple of frames of reference then. At the very minimum, our win over WSU and OT loss to NDSU in their house, scoring more on their D then they've surrendered to any team in six years, including this season, should show we can at least be competitive with tough teams. I am certain JMU is a tremendous team, and there are top contenders from several conferences, including the CAA. I don't know if we would beat you guys or Richmond, or Villanova for that matter. But to discount EWU because of your perception of the BSC as being weak is homer ignorance at it's finest!

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2016, 06:05 PM
EWU's strength of schedule this year blows JMU's out of the water. Just sayin'...

milleniumkat
November 6th, 2016, 06:08 PM
I tend to just list teams as resume building wins, leaving the rank out and comparing them to the quality wins of other candidates.

That's tough to do all the time though as certain schools lack quality wins.

I can respect that

ElCid
November 6th, 2016, 06:39 PM
i don't think it's at all crazy to look for a Citadel win. UNC is god awful defending the run. the two turnovers against Ga Tech were the difference in the game. hopefully you have a really good defense, or if not, you just get lucky, because their offense is nasty. playmakers all over the field. if you can just grind out first downs over and over, keep it out of their hands and make them sweat, you can do it. you'll have to get pressure on Trubisky, though, which is really difficult. if you give him time, he can make any throw on the field.

Yeah, it is always possible. Our defense is pretty good. At least as good as Miss State's is. I still can't figure out how they let Samford gain over 600 yards of offense.

stevdock
November 6th, 2016, 07:30 PM
I guess it's a good thing you've got a couple of frames of reference then. At the very minimum, our win over WSU and OT loss to NDSU in their house, scoring more on their D then they've surrendered to any team in six years, including this season, should show we can at least be competitive with tough teams. I am certain JMU is a tremendous team, and there are top contenders from several conferences, including the CAA. I don't know if we would beat you guys or Richmond, or Villanova for that matter. But to discount EWU because of your perception of the BSC as being week is homer ignorance at it's finest!

To back up your point, EWU scored 44 points on us, and after the Iowa game NDSU gave up 45 points in the next 4 games combined (one of those was the SDSU game).

Prime Power
November 6th, 2016, 07:47 PM
No matter how the seedings ends up, this is gonna be a tremendous playoffs. One thing which I doubt will happen, but please...please stop with the regional matchups and make it 1vs 23/24 and so on!!

Cocky
November 6th, 2016, 08:36 PM
No matter how the seedings ends up, this is gonna be a tremendous playoffs. One thing which I doubt will happen, but please...please stop with the regional matchups and make it 1vs 23/24 and so on!!

I agree and I dont see a dominant team.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Why even bother? The committee will probably just go by the other polls again anyway. This is as good as any:

1. The Citadel
2. SHSU
3. JMU
4. EWU
5. NDSU
6. JSU
7. UCA
8. UTC
9. Lehigh
10. San Diego

I approve

elcid96
November 7th, 2016, 06:23 AM

Our Defense is very good. Samford just found out this past weekend. They were able to put more points against Mississippi State the weekend prior and we know how good Mississippi state is after they beat Texas A&M this past weekend.

elcid96
November 7th, 2016, 06:25 AM

1. The Citadel
2. SHSU
3. JMU
4. EWU
5. NDSU
6. JSU
7. UCA
8. UTC
9. Lehigh
10. San Diego

Definitely my favorite prediction so far.

WileECoyote06
November 7th, 2016, 06:43 AM
I agree and I dont see a dominate team.

There is always a dominant team. The one who has won five FCS championships in a row. Until proven otherwise.

Cocky
November 7th, 2016, 08:13 AM
There is always a dominant team. The one who has won five FCS championships in a row. Until proven otherwise.

Dont believe those teams are playing this year.

Catatonic
November 7th, 2016, 08:22 AM
I guess it's a good thing you've got a couple of frames of reference then. At the very minimum, our win over WSU and OT loss to NDSU in their house, scoring more on their D then they've surrendered to any team in six years, including this season, should show we can at least be competitive with tough teams. I am certain JMU is a tremendous team, and there are top contenders from several conferences, including the CAA. I don't know if we would beat you guys or Richmond, or Villanova for that matter. But to discount EWU because of your perception of the BSC as being weak is homer ignorance at it's finest!

So if Wazzu beats the Washington Huskies, it gives EWU bragging rights to being the best D1 team in Washington. That should help your seed.

JMUNJ08
November 7th, 2016, 08:31 AM

Well our middling 5-4 team that won't be going to the post season beat your co-champ... Just saying....

Though I agree, EWU/ NDSU at 1/2 and then (if they win out minus El Cid) JMU/ El Cid/ SHSU/ JSU in some order that we will all agree is incorrect....

Big_Fan
November 7th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Dont believe those teams are playing this year.

I'm with Wiley. Until they lose a playoff game or fail to make it, they can be considered dominant. The team I watched play JSU in Frisco wasn't the team I watched wallow around several times last season. They know how to flip the switch come playoff time.

are they beatable? Sure...but somebody has to actually do it.

grayghost06
November 7th, 2016, 08:53 AM
My top 4 prior to this past weekend's games would have been in inverse order of the selection committee. I think of those 4, most on this board are in agreement as to who are the "lower hanging fruit". Whether JMU can make a late push by winning out...who knows? But as a long time fan, the two teams that I would prefer to avoid till later in the playoffs would be NDSU and EWU.

dudeitsaid
November 7th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Well our middling 5-4 team that won't be going to the post season beat your co-champ... Just saying....

Though I agree, EWU/ NDSU at 1/2 and then (if they win out minus El Cid) JMU/ El Cid/ SHSU/ JSU in some order that we will all agree is incorrect....

And stomped a team you barely beat on Saturday. Meanwhile, this Saturday, EWU doubled up a Big Sky team that has some solid OOC performance. Check out Cal Poly's first three games.

I'm not saying there isn't some fluff in the Big Sky, but I believe in addition to our OOC, we have had the toughest conference slate of any BSC team this year. And if the BSC is weak all the way through, we've also won by a decent MOV, which is what you'd expect from a top tier team.

BisonTru
November 7th, 2016, 01:33 PM
This is my guess. This certainly isn't how I would rank them, but obviously the committee has a much differnent opinion then I do. With the results from this past week, I can't see many opinions changing.

1. Jacksonville St
2. Sam Houston St
3. Eastern Washington
4. North Dakota St
5. James Madison
6. The Citadel
7. Richmond
8. Chattanooga
9. Central Arkansas
10. South Dakota St

TOOF
November 7th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Some funny **** right there. I think EWU jumps to #1, NDSU #2, SHSU #3, JSU #4.

I think SDSU and UND look into the top 10. With UCA moving down a few spots.

Why would the committee move UCA down?

TOOF
November 7th, 2016, 07:20 PM

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU/JSU
5 JMU/JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU/Chatty
7 Chatty/UND
8 UND/SDSU/UR

1 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
2 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
3 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
4 JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty
8 UND

1 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
2 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
3 NDSU/EWU/The Citadel
4 JMU
5 JSU
6 JSU/UCA
7 UCA/Chatty
8 Chatty/UND

1 Chatty (Cause Alabama)
2 NDSU/EWU
3 NDSU/EWU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 The Citadel/JMU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 JSU/SHSU
8 UND

1 Chatty (Cause Alabama)
2 NDSU/EWU
3 NDSU/EWU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 The Citadel/JMU
6 JSU/UCA
7 JSU/UCA
8 UND

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty
8 UND

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty
8 UND

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty
8 UND

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU/UND
7 JSU/SHSU/Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA/UND
7 UCA/UND
8 Chatty

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/SDSU

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/SDSU

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/SHSU
6 JSU/SHSU
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/UR

1 NDSU/EWU
2 NDSU/EWU
3 The Citadel/JMU
4 The Citadel/JMU
5 JSU/UCA
6 JSU/UCA
7 Chatty/UND
8 Chatty/UND/UR

Mark it down...UCA will beat Sammy

Katfan
November 7th, 2016, 07:21 PM
What makes you so sure?

Bearkat90
November 7th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Marked
i guess after that 34-14 win in Naconowhere Saturday the Hillbillies are feeling their Oates

MacThor
November 8th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Not my choices, speculation as directed. Top 6 SALW, perhaps Jacksonville State drops a rung or two.
1. Jacksonville State
2. Sam Houston State
3. Eastern Washington
4. North Dakota State
5. James Madison
6. The Citadel
7. Chattanooga
8. Central Arkansas
9. Richmond
10. UND or Villanova

I think SDSU's 3 losses weigh them down with the committee.

Sammy94
November 8th, 2016, 08:42 AM

If they have the offense to play catch up maybe. I know UCA has a good defense but can they cover all the weapons Sammy has? This isn't a one dimensional team like Samford is. This Sammy team can run the ball if need be. If UCA does like most teams this year that have tried to stop the run well then I like our receivers chances one on one with anyone. One of the biggest differences between this team and last year's is that those guys seem to catch everything and they have a QB that can get it to them. Should be a fun one no matter what.

FargoBison
November 9th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Committee Chair with some interesting comments today....

"In my mind, it's simply a poll we did this week," Hutchinson said last Friday. "It isn't how we would seed it today or a week from now or two weeks from now. It's not lost on me that the final poll will be the seeding. Lots can happen in the last weeks. All of the measurables change. It takes time for that to normalize. Until there is a full slate, it's tough to pinpoint that. It's sure fun for everyone to spend time talking about it, but it doesn't matter until it's over.

Hutchinson said the rankings aren't a lock even if teams win out their remaining games.
"The season's not over," Hutchinson said. "We have three more weeks to improve those kinds of things. Our conversations don't dwell on that. We will continue to have in-depth conversations as the weeks unfold. Knowing that it's public now, we'll be spending more time this week to move in the direction we need to move. It's important for us to be able to justify every team we have slotted."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/4154837-fcs-playoff-committee-chair-defends-rankings

Katfan
November 9th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Committee Chair with some interesting comments today....

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/4154837-fcs-playoff-committee-chair-defends-rankings
He also said if you build a poll on SOS,you don't need a committee it's just one tool. I'm not reading too much into what he said. At the end of the season we'll have the seeded field until then it's a lot of conjecture. Play ball!

milleniumkat
November 9th, 2016, 07:06 PM

This

Bisonator
November 9th, 2016, 07:17 PM
He also said if you build a poll on SOS,you don't need a committee it's just one tool. I'm not reading too much into what he said. At the end of the season we'll have the seeded field until then it's a lot of conjecture. Play ball!
So he's trying to justify his job now since he hasn't been doing it? xlolx

Katfan
November 10th, 2016, 04:58 AM
Yep!

milleniumkat
November 10th, 2016, 07:21 AM

What does that job pay?

BEAR
November 10th, 2016, 09:55 AM
What time does the newest Top 10 come out?

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2016, 09:58 AM
What time does the newest Top 10 come out?
College Football Daily comes on at 3PM CT. If it's anything like last week they'll talk about FBS stuff for the first half of the show so expect the FCS rankings to come out between 3:30-3:45PM.

flyrod
November 10th, 2016, 10:08 AM
College Football Daily comes on at 3PM CT. If it's anything like last week they'll talk about FBS stuff for the first half of the show so expect the FCS rankings to come out between 3:30-3:45PM.

Yeah and it will be about a 15 second blurb if that....
No respect for FCS
thats for sure.

BEAR
November 10th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Thanks..xthumbsupx

Bisonator
November 10th, 2016, 12:13 PM
What does that job pay?

Nothing. If he thought he was going to be paid he is an even bigger idiot then we thought and that would make total sense of this "Top 10". He doesn't have to do it if he doesn't want to I'm sure they could find another schmuck that's just as capable.

milleniumkat
November 10th, 2016, 01:27 PM

When you guys quit sandbagging and move up to FBS, you'll get much more media coverage. lololol i kid. i kid.

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2016, 03:18 PM
SHSU down to 5.... oh boy
JMU at 4
NDSU at 3
EWU at 2
JSU at 1