PDA

View Full Version : James Madison @ Villanova

Gangtackle11
November 6th, 2016, 07:57 AM
When: Saturday, November 12th @ 1pm
Where: Villanova Stadium (capacity 12500 built in 1927)
Weather Forecast: Sunny 46/29 degrees

#6 James Madison (8-1;6-0)
Head Coach: Mike Houston 1st season @ JMU. Career Record: 51-20

#15 Villanova (7-2; 5-1)
Head Coach: Andy Talley 32nd season @ Villanova 228-135-1 Career record: 256-153-2

JMU Offense:
#3 Scoring Offense Nationally 49.1 ppg (#1 in CAA)
#3 Total Offense Nationally 529.6 ypg (#1)
#4 Rushing Yards Nationally 308.1 ypg (#1)
#52 Passing Yards Nationally 220.7 ypg (#3)

JMU Defense:
#52 Scoring Defense Nationally 26.3 ppg (#9th in CAA)
#50 Total Defense Nationally 378.9 ypg (#8)
#34 Rushing Yards Allowed 131.9 ypg (#4)
#94 Passing Yards Allowed 247.0 ypg (#12)

Common Opponents:
Rhode Island: JMU won 84-7; Villanova won 35-0
Richmond: JMU won 47-43; Villanova lost 23-0

Villanova Offense:
#66 Scoring Offense Nationally 25.7 ppg (#4 in CAA)
#63 Total Offense Nationally 377.4 ypg (#3)
#21 Rushing Yards Nationally 210.6 ypg (#3)
#95 Passing Yards Nationally 166.9 ypg (#7)

Villanova Defense:
#3 Scoring Defense Nationally 14.9 ppg (#1 in CAA)
#3 Total Defense Nationally 268.0 ypg (#1)
#11 Rushing Yards Allowed 96.3 ypg (#1)
#14 Passing Yards Allowed 171.2 ypg (#5)

Turnover Margin:
JMU #6 Nationally (2nd CAA) +12
Villanova #21 Nationally (4th CAA) +7

RootinFerDukes
November 6th, 2016, 08:08 AM
It looks like another game where our opponent will stack the box and force Schor to try to beat them with his arm. Unh and UR both did that and we beat them both.
That would normally make me nervous most seasons but Schor is far exceeding my expectations at this point.

Gangtackle11
November 6th, 2016, 08:17 AM
It looks like another game where our opponent will stack the box and force Schor to try to beat them with his arm. Unh and UR both did that and we beat them both.
That would normally make me nervous most seasons but Schor is far exceeding my expectations at this point.

Maybe, but the Nova defense is fast & talented so we aren't a stack the box or gimmicks needed defense.

Nova09
November 6th, 2016, 08:19 AM
well villanova plays a 3-3-5 so stacking the box isn't exactly a part of the playbook

CHIP72
November 6th, 2016, 08:45 AM
It is really a shame there is no TV for this game. Meanwhile, the William & Mary/Towson game will be televised.

jmu007
November 6th, 2016, 09:06 AM
I'm holding out hope that the CAA is able to get either ASN or CSN to flex this game into the coverage schedule. It should have never been excluded to begin with. Real head scratcher from the league office on this one not being scheduled for TV back in August.

ngineer
November 6th, 2016, 09:15 AM
With a Lehigh bye, I am tempted to see this game, however, I promised my grandkids a day a Hawk Mountain as the golden eagles are migrating, and they will have some rescued ones to see up close. This should be a great game to see. I hope CSN telecasts so I can DVR and scout, perhaps, a future playoff opponent.

MR. CHICKEN
November 6th, 2016, 09:15 AM
It is really a shame there is no TV for this game. Meanwhile, the William & Mary/Towson game will be televised.

.......AN'......DELAWARE/RICHMOND.........OURAH D-BACKS...COODN'T COVER DEL. STATE/MAINE........LAULETTA...WILL CATCH BRISCOE...IN DIS...LAFFER...........RAWAK!

RootinFerDukes
November 6th, 2016, 09:26 AM
well villanova plays a 3-3-5 so stacking the box isn't exactly a part of the playbook
With more men in the backfield, do they surrender a lot of short yardage runs or passes in the 5-10 yard range? We've been pretty effective with short range passes all season.

RootinFerDukes
November 6th, 2016, 09:29 AM
The CAA really needs to have at least one Game of the Week for TV that isn't decided until one or two weeks before a game. This is what P5 leagues do to avoid airing stinker games that looked great leading into the season but one or more teams ended up being duds and the game holds less weight. JMU/VU would be the game picked up in that scenario.

RootinFerDukes
November 6th, 2016, 09:31 AM
With a Lehigh bye, I am tempted to see this game, however, I promised my grandkids a day a Hawk Mountain as the golden eagles are migrating, and they will have some rescued ones to see up close. This should be a great game to see. I hope CSN telecasts so I can DVR and scout, perhaps, a future playoff opponent.
Definitely spend time with your grandchildren. They're more meaningful then a college football game. You'll be able to catch youtube highlights from both JMU and VU afterwards.

Nova09
November 6th, 2016, 09:43 AM
With more men in the backfield, do they surrender a lot of short yardage runs or passes in the 5-10 yard range? We've been pretty effective with short range passes all season.
Generally play 2 SS (in addition to 2 CB 1 FS) and they both have gap responsibility as well as coverage area. So really key that those two read the play quickly. LBs are very quick sideline to sideline to disrupt short passing attack.

jmu007
November 6th, 2016, 09:49 AM
What would Villanova fans consider a good game to check out a replay of? I like watching at least 1 game each week to get a feel for what everyone is running.

RootinFerDukes
November 6th, 2016, 10:20 AM
What happened against UR that let them shut out VU? I was partially paying attention to my recording and it looked like UR was playing well defensively, but both Bednarzcyk and his backup were both playing their worst games of the season. It was a little bit of both.

Gangtackle11
November 6th, 2016, 10:31 AM
What happened against UR that let them shut out VU? I was partially paying attention to my recording and it looked like UR was playing well defensively, but both Bednarzcyk and his backup were both playing their worst games of the season. It was a little bit of both.

ZB was determined to be concussed at the 16th play of the game. Our backup was not prepared to play in that game. That was the obvious. Hamstrung by no threat of s passing game the Spiders had little trouble shutting down the offense. The defense except for a big play hung tough to keep it close & a 2 score game until the final seconds.

Elcid1995
November 6th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Dukes by 3 TDs at least. Coach Houston puts another win on his resume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
November 6th, 2016, 01:26 PM
What would Villanova fans consider a good game to check out a replay of? I like watching at least 1 game each week to get a feel for what everyone is running.

Maine or Albany are the most recent & indicative of how our offense is operating. Defensively, it doesn't matter as most games show a quick defense that may bend,but rarely breaks.

Richmond beat us. I'd like to have our QB the whole before I say that score was a good gauge of difference in talent.

HailSzczur
November 6th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Saw a woman in a JMU sweatshirt in the Wayne Acme today. You guys are rolling into town real early.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Saw a woman in a JMU sweatshirt in the Wayne Acme today. You guys are rolling into town real early.

Did he have streamers stuck to the bottom of his shoes?

RootinFerDukes
November 6th, 2016, 02:08 PM
ZB was determined to be concussed at the 16th play of the game. Our backup was not prepared to play in that game. That was the obvious. Hamstrung by no threat of s passing game the Spiders had little trouble shutting down the offense. The defense except for a big play hung tough to keep it close & a 2 score game until the final seconds.

Even before ZB left the game, he looked "off" in those first 16 plays. Both QBs underwhelmed. I was worried about UR's defense but we executed well against them. They weren't as threatening as their game against VU led me to believe.

RootinFerDukes
November 6th, 2016, 02:10 PM

We have many alums not just in VA but throughout the northern mid-atlantic, tri-state area and even into new england more than any other region of the country. Our top out of state student comes from NJ even more than MD. PA is up there too in number of alumni, probably 4th most populated state for JMU alums.

It's probably an alum proudly displaying their JMU love after a spider smashing.

jmufan999
November 6th, 2016, 02:36 PM
question for Nova fans: what is your best and worst position group? UR claimed their DL was their best group (which i would agree with, if you can't include QB because Lauletta is fantastic). ours is probably OL, but WR is a very close 2nd. but i'll go with OL because they make the whole thing go.

our worst position group is probably DB. Reynolds is very talented, but there are some major issues at the other DB spots. there is a lot of athletic talent at CB, but also youth and/or a lack of discipline. the safety spots are a mess, in my opinion. in fairness, if we had a consistent pass rush, it would help the entire secondary. the pass rush is sometimes good (2nd half of UR game), sometimes nonexistent (1st half of UR game).

thoughts, Nova fans? would love a little honesty instead of the typical "we're great at everything" that a lot of fans provide. that's super boring and no one is going to believe it, anyway.

Gangtackle11
November 6th, 2016, 03:55 PM
question for Nova fans: what is your best and worst position group? UR claimed their DL was their best group (which i would agree with, if you can't include QB because Lauletta is fantastic). ours is probably OL, but WR is a very close 2nd. but i'll go with OL because they make the whole thing go.

our worst position group is probably DB. Reynolds is very talented, but there are some major issues at the other DB spots. there is a lot of athletic talent at CB, but also youth and/or a lack of discipline. the safety spots are a mess, in my opinion. in fairness, if we had a consistent pass rush, it would help the entire secondary. the pass rush is sometimes good (2nd half of UR game), sometimes nonexistent (1st half of UR game).

thoughts, Nova fans? would love a little honesty instead of the typical "we're great at everything" that a lot of fans provide. that's super boring and no one is going to believe it, anyway.

Best is probably LB where we have 3 very good LBs in Ed Shockley, Austin Calitro, & Jeff Steeb. Backed up by a 5th year starter who has been hurt in Corey Majors & Drew Wiley, a RS freshman who flashed potential against Pitt in .

Hardly, skipped a beat losing 2-time All American & current Philadelphia Eagle Don Cherry.

The d-line is 2nd only because NFL draftee to be 6'7" 290 lbs. Tanoh Kpassagnon. He demands a double team each Saturday. Mock drafts have him 2/3 rounder.

The worst unit is getting better and that's our sometimes maligned WR corps. We lack separation speed on the outside & our offense is dink & dunk most Saturdays. It looked the best this past Saturday in Maine as Zach Bednarczyk threw for 326 yards & looked as crisp as I've seen him to date.

We run the ball 50+ times most games, but when ZB is on Nova is a highly productive offensive unit.

This team is playing their best ball right now. The team knows that JMU knocked them out of playoffs last season & it's not lost on any of them.

JMU maybe feeling their oats, but they better bring plenty of punch to knock out the boys from just outside Rocky's hometown!!

Gangtackle11
November 6th, 2016, 03:57 PM

ZB got dinged play 16 after that it was all down hill as Nova was a 1 dimensional team.

HailSzczur
November 6th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Best is probably LB where we have 3 very good LBs in Ed Shockley, Austin Calitro, & Jeff Steeb. Backed up by a 5th year starter who has been hurt in Corey Majors & Drew Wiley, a RS freshman who flashed potential against Pitt in .

Hardly, skipped a beat losing 2-time All American & current Philadelphia Eagle Don Cherry.

The d-line is 2nd only because NFL draftee to be 6'7" 290 lbs. Tanoh Kpassagnon. He demands a double team each Saturday. Mock drafts have him 2/3 rounder.

The worst unit is getting better and that's our sometimes maligned WR corps. We lack separation speed on the outside & our offense is dink & dunk most Saturdays. It looked the best this past Saturday in Maine as Zach Bednarczyk threw for 326 yards & looked as crisp as I've seen him to date.

We run the ball 50+ times most games, but when ZB is on Nova is a highly productive offensive unit.

This team is playing their best ball right now. The team knows that JMU knocked them out of playoffs last season & it's not lost on any of them.

JMU maybe feeling their oats, but they better bring plenty of punch to knock out the boys from just outside Rocky's hometown!!

The WR/TE core is getting there, and certainly isn't but i feel like it's a revolving door. There are 5 players with double digit receptions, but only 1 over 20. I found myself saying "who?" many times when they announced who made the catch yesterday afternoon. In tough situation when you really need to pick up a key 8 yards, there's no Szczur, Harvey, Outlaw, Livers, etc that you can say rely on looking for. Taurus Phillips is the closest to that, but he only has 31 receptions on the year.

The RB core has really been the work horses, especially Forbes. With Forbes, White, Gudzak all healthy and Zach B getting smarter running the ball, they're the force to be reckoned with. Maine did a great job containing the run in the first half, and that's the only reason they were able to keep it close despite their red zone struggles. 100% the way to beat Villanova is by stopping the run, it's as simple as that.

I agree with your assessment of the linebacking corps, they've been amazing. Steeb had one of the best TD saving tackles I've ever seen yesterday pretty much taking the Maine RB down by his shoe at the 2 yard line.

I would argue that the secondary is more key for Villanova than the DL. Beyond Tanoh, the line hasn't overly impressed me. Rob Rolle is quietly (or not so quietly) putting together a case for defensive MVP. And Reaves and Ceneus have been really instrumental as well. Over the last 10 years or so, I feel like our secondary has been burnt game after game, year after year. But this group has done well limiting the big plays and coming up with turnovers with 12 INTs and I believe 2 FF out of the secondary.

Gangtackle11
November 6th, 2016, 06:39 PM
The WR/TE core is getting there, and certainly isn't but i feel like it's a revolving door. There are 5 players with double digit receptions, but only 1 over 20. I found myself saying "who?" many times when they announced who made the catch yesterday afternoon. In tough situation when you really need to pick up a key 8 yards, there's no Szczur, Harvey, Outlaw, Livers, etc that you can say rely on looking for. Taurus Phillips is the closest to that, but he only has 31 receptions on the year.

The RB core has really been the work horses, especially Forbes. With Forbes, White, Gudzak all healthy and Zach B getting smarter running the ball, they're the force to be reckoned with. Maine did a great job containing the run in the first half, and that's the only reason they were able to keep it close despite their red zone struggles. 100% the way to beat Villanova is by stopping the run, it's as simple as that.

I agree with your assessment of the linebacking corps, they've been amazing. Steeb had one of the best TD saving tackles I've ever seen yesterday pretty much taking the Maine RB down by his shoe at the 2 yard line.

I would argue that the secondary is more key for Villanova than the DL. Beyond Tanoh, the line hasn't overly impressed me. Rob Rolle is quietly (or not so quietly) putting together a case for defensive MVP. And Reaves and Ceneus have been really instrumental as well. Over the last 10 years or so, I feel like our secondary has been burnt game after game, year after year. But this group has done well limiting the big plays and coming up with turnovers with 12 INTs and I believe 2 FF out of the secondary.

Yeah. I agree. I was just giving Tanoh a deserved plug. Rolle is playing out of his mind.

jmufan999
November 6th, 2016, 08:57 PM
any injuries? our NT came up a little gimpy during the UR game but i believe he went back in. that would be an enormous loss if he didn't play. our backup QB Connor Mitch also hurt his hand during our bye week and will be out a few weeks. i believe that's all, we've been very lucky in the injury department.

Gangtackle11
November 6th, 2016, 09:44 PM
any injuries? our NT came up a little gimpy during the UR game but i believe he went back in. that would be an enormous loss if he didn't play. our backup QB Connor Mitch also hurt his hand during our bye week and will be out a few weeks. i believe that's all, we've been very lucky in the injury department.

The Cats are pretty healthy. Starting WR Alex Padovani has been out, but expected back for JMU game.

RootinFerDukes
November 7th, 2016, 06:40 AM
I love that VU fans are actually trying to have a football discussion and being honest about strengths and weaknesses. Other fan bases who shall not be named liked to say, "we're better just because we say so. you won't win."

RootinFerDukes
November 7th, 2016, 06:42 AM

Considering Mitch has hardly contributed this season, I don't know if that's even a key injury. As with pretty much any team in the country, if your QB #1 goes down for the season, you're SOL anyways.

RootinFerDukes
November 7th, 2016, 06:48 AM
JMU's strength is our RB group but UNH and UR were able to mainly shut them down from their usual large yardage and big plays. They committed to stopping the run, daring us to beat them with the pass and Schor proved that he could do just that. He especially likes to take the 7-10 yard short range passes in the middle of the field for quick first downs if you let him.

You all say you run a 3-3-5 but do they ever flex players closer to the line to stop the run? If you give us the space, our RBs will take it and our OL has been pretty good overall this season. They have not allowed a sack for five consecutive games. Without question the main part of our success. Schor is a modest running threat himself too and has been surprisingly evasive when faced with pressure. He frustrated many a UR defender this past saturday.

Schor has been a pleasant surprise to everyone in the JMU camp. That's an understatement. He leads the CAA in pass efficiency this season.

Our weakness is definitely our pass defense, but if you all are #7 in the CAA for passing offense (I think), then that doesn't intimidate me as much. Our rushing defense has been solid and is at the top of the CAA I believe. I think this game will hinge on how well VU's defense is able to get to Schor and shut down our run. If they can't do either, JMU has the edge here.

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 06:57 AM
JMU's strength is our RB group but UNH and UR were able to mainly shut them down from their usual large yardage and big plays. They committed to stopping the run, daring us to beat them with the pass and Schor proved that he could do just that. He especially likes to take the 7-10 yard short range passes in the middle of the field for quick first downs if you let him.

You all say you run a 3-3-5 but do they ever flex players closer to the line to stop the run? If you give us the space, our RBs will take it and our OL has been pretty good overall this season. They have not allowed a sack for five consecutive games. Without question the main part of our success. Schor is a modest running threat himself too and has been surprisingly evasive when faced with pressure. He frustrated many a UR defender this past saturday.

Schor has been a pleasant surprise to everyone in the JMU camp. That's an understatement. He leads the CAA in pass efficiency this season.

Our weakness is definitely our pass defense, but if you all are #7 in the CAA for passing offense (I think), then that doesn't intimidate me as much. Our rushing defense has been solid and is at the top of the CAA I believe. I think this game will hinge on how well VU's defense is able to get to Schor and shut down our run. If they can't do either, JMU has the edge here.

Nova is #1 against the run in the CAA allowing 3.1 yards per carry & 96.3 yards per game. I understand JMU will be the best rushing team they have seen to date, but Pitt with a huge OL & James Conner only rushed for 82 yards against them.

It's a very active 3-3-5 that to date hasn't had any team run successfully against them. The defensive secondary is opportunistic with Ceneus & Reeves past All-CAA performers & Rob Rolle most certainly this season.

Special teams have been a problem. JMU will have the edge there sight unseen.

jmu007
November 7th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Kick off and punt coverage / returns have been outstanding this year. Richmond attempted a directional punt in the 3rd quarter and ended up with a 2 yard net. Will be interesting to see what Nova decides to do in this department. Of course, hopefully JMU's defense forces more than 1 attempt at it too haha.

Terry2889
November 7th, 2016, 07:20 AM
Just my observations from seeing quite a bit of these two teams. I honestly don't see JMU putting up 35 on Villanova. Their defense is very, very good. But I do think that JMU is good enough to score in the 24-28 range which might be enough. JMU's defense is not very good as has been mentioned earlier, but I don't believe that 'Nova's offense is anything to write home about either. With that said, the battle between 'Nova's offense and JMU's defense will be the key to this game. Someone on here already mentioned that 'Nova struggles in the kicking game. If that's the case, JMU will have short fields to work with which is ultimately why they won the game against Richmond. This is going to be a great game! I wonder if JMU has enough juice left after the game last Saturday. If they manage to win they should get a top four seed in the playoffs in my opinion.

jmu007
November 7th, 2016, 07:27 AM
How does this year's Villanova defense stack up vs last year's team? I couldn't even begin to recall injury situations, but JMU was able to put up 38 last year in this matchup. Stats from last year definitely back up yardage being down this week, but will be interesting to see how things play out.

Terry2889
November 7th, 2016, 07:35 AM
How does this year's Villanova defense stack up vs last year's team? I couldn't even begin to recall injury situations, but JMU was able to put up 38 last year in this matchup. Stats from last year definitely back up yardage being down this week, but will be interesting to see how things play out.

Do things in the CAA ever play out the way we think? Haha!

jmu007
November 7th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Do things in the CAA ever play out the way we think? Haha!

Ha, true story.

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 07:45 AM

I would say that last year's defense and this year's are close. Amazingly, this season's defense is as good after losing Don Cherry & a solid safety Cam McCurry. Statistically this defense is the best Nova has had in a long time.

Regarding the 38 points last season it came with a kick return TD to start the game, a pick 6, & a long fumble return for a TD. That's 21 of 38 that weren't on the Nova defense.

We see the scores. We all know JMU has a powerful offense every week. It may be pumped up a bit with 80 & 84 point games, but it is the best offense in the CAA.

It's the classic battle of offense vs. defense.

Nova will rely on running the ball with a conservative passing game along with hanging their hat on a defense that is incredibly opportunistic & comes up big when it counts.

My concerns are the special teams that just hasn't performed well. JMU may be able to get a score or block that may put them over the top.

JMU fans dress warm. Forecasts has the game at 45/27 degree temps! Those old metal seats will get you over 3 hours!!

RootinFerDukes
November 7th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Nova is #1 against the run in the CAA allowing 3.1 yards per carry & 96.3 yards per game. I understand JMU will be the best rushing team they have seen to date, but Pitt with a huge OL & James Conner only rushed for 82 yards against them.

It's a very active 3-3-5 that to date hasn't had any team run successfully against them. The defensive secondary is opportunistic with Ceneus & Reeves past All-CAA performers & Rob Rolle most certainly this season.

Special teams have been a problem. JMU will have the edge there sight unseen.

UR allowed us to return two different drives to midfield. We definitely exploited them there and it was one of many big differences in the game. Their fans started cheering because they managed to stop us at the 25 or 30 yard line.

jmufan999
November 7th, 2016, 08:22 AM
My concerns are the special teams that just hasn't performed well. JMU may be able to get a score or block that may put them over the top.

I don't recall us blocking any kicks this year. Jimmy Moreland blocked 5 kicks in his freshman year, but it doesn't seem like that's even his role with this staff. I could be wrong about that. Just doesn't seem like we're going after them. Maybe we're just preparing for fakes? Not sure. But I wouldn't worry about blocks. Now punt returns are a different story. Rashard Davis is really dangerous. You absolutely must stay in your lanes or he's gone. Kickoff returns were good last week, but I think it was more Richmond being terrible at that phase rather than us being amazing. But if we can somehow force punts, look out for Davis.

Also looks like both teams have excellent punters. Our kicker has been a little shaky at times.

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Also looks like both teams have excellent punters. Our kicker has been a little shaky at times.

Our punter from down under Aussie John Hinchen is solid for sure. Protection broke down for 2 punts this week & they were deflected. Need to clean that up.

Our kicking game has been a problem for a few seasons, but the past month or so Gerard Smith has been solid. Made 2 40+ yard FGs against Maine & is 4/5 on the season. Again, an xp was blocked. Looked like he didn't get it high enough more than a blocking issue. He's 25/28 on xp tries.

Less of a box of chocolates like it has been.

Matt
November 7th, 2016, 08:50 AM
JMU by 20

jmufan999
November 7th, 2016, 08:58 AM
JMU by 20

come on, man. we know you don't actually believe this. no one believes this. it's ok to just say, "I hope JMU loses" and leave it at that.

Matt
November 7th, 2016, 09:08 AM
come on, man. we know you don't actually believe this. no one believes this. it's ok to just say, "I hope JMU loses" and leave it at that.

Thinking you'll win and hoping you'll lose aren't mutually exclusive (although for ranking/seeding purposes I do hope JMU wins)

We beat up on Villanova and y'all beat us. How is my prediction that outlandish?

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Thinking you'll win and hoping you'll lose aren't mutually exclusive (although for ranking/seeding purposes I do hope JMU wins)

We beat up on Villanova and y'all beat us. How is my prediction that outlandish?

About as outlandish as someone thinking they could beat Richmond after seeing you in the Stony Brook game.

Nova lost no doubt. Beat up is in the eye of the beholder. 10-0 after 3. 16-0 with 10 seconds to go. A meaningless TD instead of a knee at the end. All with a backup QB not ready for URI much less Richmond that day. Good for the Spiders.

grayghost06
November 7th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Considering Mitch has hardly contributed this season, I don't know if that's even a key injury. As with pretty much any team in the country, if your QB #1 goes down for the season, you're SOL anyways.

With FCS teams that is usually the case. Except when ODU's starter went down in 2011 and Taylor Heinicke appeared. Wish their starter had never gotten hurt.

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 09:30 AM
With FCS teams that is usually the case. Except when ODU's starter went down in 2011 and Taylor Heinicke appeared. Wish their starter had never gotten hurt.

Same in 2012 when Chris Polony was replaced by a guy named John Robertson. Few and far between.

jmufan999
November 7th, 2016, 09:51 AM

My point is simply that I don't believe you believe what you're saying. If you do, great. I just don't think you actually believe that. What do you think the final score will be?

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 09:57 AM
My point is simply that I don't believe you believe what you're saying. If you do, great. I just don't think you actually believe that. What do you think the final score will be?

He's between a rock and a hard place. Hates you guys winning, but if Nova wins they and JMU stay ahead of them in CAA with 1 loss.

Matt
November 7th, 2016, 09:59 AM
About as outlandish as someone thinking they could beat Richmond after seeing you in the Stony Brook game.

Nova lost no doubt. Beat up is in the eye of the beholder. 10-0 after 3. 16-0 with 10 seconds to go. A meaningless TD instead of a knee at the end. All with a backup QB not ready for URI much less Richmond that day. Good for the Spiders.

It wasn't a blowout and nova is very good. But it wasn't close either. I was at the game. We dominated. Your Qb getting hurt was probably a factor. I'm not talking trash or being a jerk. I just don't think nova has the talent to play with JMU.

Matt
November 7th, 2016, 10:01 AM

I sincerely do believe it. Something like 34-14 (I'm assuming you'll miss an xp. That kicker is going to be jmu's downfall)

I think villanova's defense will keep them in it and JMU will blow it open late.

Hanca
November 7th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Saw both teams play UR. Nova hard to assess due to lack of Starting QB. JMU is really good but Nova defense much better than UR. Dukes have better talent overall but expect Nova to give them a battle. Absent unusual amount of TO's, JMU wins by 10.

YoUDeeMan
November 7th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Same in 2012 when Chris Polony was replaced by a guy named John Robertson. Few and far between.

And then there is some guy named Santos...

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 10:30 AM
I sincerely do believe it. Something like 34-14 (I'm assuming you'll miss an xp. That kicker is going to be jmu's downfall)

I think villanova's defense will keep them in it and JMU will blow it open late.

I don't expect any Richmond fans to think that Villanova has a chance. Just like I'm sure some Stony Brook fans can't understand how they have fallen & Richmond has risen since the day they blew out the Spiders. The CAA is a crazy league to figure out by looking at scores of previous games.

Game is decided on the field not by the opinion of Spider fans. That's the bottom line.

smilo
November 7th, 2016, 10:50 AM
31-10 Dukes.

Our special teams are atrocious - at least one score on that and another one set up big league.

DirtyDukes
November 7th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Nova fans, what would you point to as your best win this season? I hear you say you're leading the CAA in defense statistically but your schedule to my eyes looks pretty week. Your one good opponent beat you 16-0 (I'll take away the garbage time Td). Not trolling just asking how you guys feel your SOS is.

Matt
November 7th, 2016, 11:02 AM
I don't expect any Richmond fans to think that Villanova has a chance. Just like I'm sure some Stony Brook fans can't understand how they have fallen & Richmond has risen since the day they blew out the Spiders. The CAA is a crazy league to figure out by looking at scores of previous games.

Game is decided on the field not by the opinion of Spider fans. That's the bottom line.

lol obviously. but if thats a point worth making, why are any of us on this site?

jmu007
November 7th, 2016, 11:06 AM
(I'll take away the garbage time Td)

You know you may as well have just said Beetlejuice three times right?

HailSzczur
November 7th, 2016, 11:07 AM
As ridiculous as Matt sounds, I don't necessarily rule out what he's saying....

On paper, this should be a great, close game. Potentially a whoever has the ball last kind of game, similar to our two matchups back in '08.

But when I look at what JMU's offense has been able to do, I have an uneasy feeling. I don't think it will happen, but there is a possibility this game just completely gets away from us, our defense gets overwhelmed vs an offense better than we've played all year. I don't think it happens, but I can see a situation where it might happen.

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 11:17 AM
As ridiculous as Matt sounds, I don't necessarily rule out what he's saying....

On paper, this should be a great, close game. Potentially a whoever has the ball last kind of game, similar to our two matchups back in '08.

But when I look at what JMU's offense has been able to do, I have an uneasy feeling. I don't think it will happen, but there is a possibility this game just completely gets away from us, our defense gets overwhelmed vs an offense better than we've played all year. I don't think it happens, but I can see a situation where it might happen.

I guess, but I don't see it just yet. Last week I saw on this site most if not all tell us how Maine is hot & that they will play us close if not outright beat us. Made for a nice winning bet for those who laid the 6 1/2 points on the Cats.

I'll reserve my decision after watching the Dukes play. Plan to watch Maine & Richmond games to get a comparison.

All you guys better refinance your house the way you are leaning because the Vegas line is going to be very small compared to your JMU blow out expectations.

I expect a heck of an effort from the Cats this week. Will it be good enough?

RootinFerDukes
November 7th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Massey says JMU are 2 point favorites.

RootinFerDukes
November 7th, 2016, 11:39 AM
It looks like Villanova's best win so far this season is their home opener. A 5 point win over Patriot League Champions, Lehigh (8-2). Their best CAA win is this past week on the road against a 5-4 Maine team.

Nova09
November 7th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Everyone is overlooking that Nova handled Albany with much more ease than Richmond did, so by Matt logic Nova must be better than Richmond, so by extending Matt logic Nova is definitely going to do better against JMU than Richmond did.

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 11:49 AM
It looks like Villanova's best win so far this season is their home opener. A 5 point win over Patriot League Champions, Lehigh (8-2). Their best CAA win is this past week on the road against a 5-4 Maine team.

Yes. If i asked you the same question before Richmond what would you say? Probably UNH maybe Maine. You have Richmond on us. I get it. UNH a very good win, but not sure since they seem a bit down despite the record. It appears JMU struggled more than Nova did in Orono. None are a reason to think that Nova is going to get run out of the stadium. Lopsided scores against inferior teams give some on this site the same effect of "beer" muscles. That works until you run into the strong sober bouncer.

I know very well that on paper, in the court of public opinion, and in the world of wow they scored how many points? It's JMU that will get the overwhelming pick here. Heck ,you guys have Villanova fans running scared and I bet they couldn't name a player on JMU w/o looking at this website or roster. I like being out here by myself. It pays off most Saturdays. Hopefully, this one.

Mucho respect for JMU. Not sure its reciprocal for most south of Baltimore. Been that way since the Civil War. I don't expect it to change.

caribbeanhen
November 7th, 2016, 11:53 AM
my initial thoughts are JMU is the better team, but not by much .... lots of backstory going on here, JMU will have a long bus ride, still high off the Richmond win, and run out on the field for a big game but with a high school crowd..... Talley ho's last game at home, I like Defense and the Nova QB seems like he's finding his zone

Nova in a mild upset

RootinFerDukes
November 7th, 2016, 11:56 AM
It's irrelevant to say, "what if i asked you what your best win was last week?". We're talking today, not last week. VU has a good defense. How they perform will be the difference in this football game. It's a classic good offense vs good defense. I think i've seen the O get the edge in those kind of games more often then not.

Don't perceive my critique as a lack of respect. VU is definitely the most tame of our four main rivalries and a large part of that is due to respect.

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 12:05 PM
It's irrelevant to say, "what if i asked you what your best win was last week?". We're talking today, not last week. VU has a good defense. How they perform will be the difference in this football game. It's a classic good offense vs good defense. I think i've seen the O get the edge in those kind of games more often then not.

Don't perceive my critique as a lack of respect. VU is definitely the most tame of our four main rivalries and a large part of that is due to respect.

Hear ya. See you Saturday.

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 12:07 PM
my initial thoughts are JMU is the better team, but not by much .... lots of backstory going on here, JMU will have a long bus ride, still high off the Richmond win, and run out on the field for a big game but with a high school crowd..... Talley ho's last game at home, I like Defense and the Nova QB seems like he's finding his zone

Nova in a mild upset

The same HS crowd that has watched the Wildcats win 9 of the last 10 against the Dirty Birds of Delaware.

Matt
November 7th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Everyone is overlooking that Nova handled Albany with much more ease than Richmond did, so by Matt logic Nova must be better than Richmond, so by extending Matt logic Nova is definitely going to do better against JMU than Richmond did.

brilliant

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Can't it be Saturday now?

I'm not sure I can take a Spider here all week. Haha.

Beat us, whooped us, etc. All that gets them is a back end of the Wildcat's buttocks in the standings at the moment.

Which as it's been pointed out is all that counts.

caribbeanhen
November 7th, 2016, 12:29 PM
The same HS crowd that has watched the Wildcats win 9 of the last 10 against the Dirty Birds of Delaware.

easy now, I picked Nova to win...

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 12:33 PM
easy now, I picked Nova to win...

LOL. Ok. You're cool. 😎

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 04:25 PM
The opening lines posted:

https://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx#al_2

JMU - 3.5 Villanova
Over/Under: 60.5

Terry2889
November 7th, 2016, 04:34 PM

JMU - 3.5 Villanova

Take the under

- - - Updated - - -

And then there is some guy named Santos...

hehehe!

CHIP72
November 7th, 2016, 04:56 PM

Nova in a mild upset

I think the fact JMU is on the road for a second straight week against a quality opponent (and with that first game occurring against one of their biggest rivals) makes the Villanova game harder for the Dukes than it would be otherwise.

jmufan999
November 7th, 2016, 05:15 PM
I think the fact JMU is on the road for a second straight week against a quality opponent (and with that first game occurring against one of their biggest rivals) makes the Villanova game harder for the Dukes than it would be otherwise.

and playing the final regular season home game of Talley's career. will be two straight emotional weeks, we've been aware of that for a while now.

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2016, 05:33 PM
and playing the final regular season home game of Talley's career. will be two straight emotional weeks, we've been aware of that for a while now.

No worries you'll be sharing that emotional last game with about 3000 or so Villanova fans.

ur2k
November 7th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Based on my uneducated eye test of watching both of these teams play UR, I think JMU is better. Schor has been really impressive all year, he was pretty much perfect against us.. I don't think Nova has the horses to keep up with a big number that JMU will likely put in the scoreboard

HailSzczur
November 7th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Based on my uneducated eye test of watching both of these teams play UR, I think JMU is better. Schor has been really impressive all year, he was pretty much perfect against us.. I don't think Nova has the horses to keep up with a big number that JMU will likely put in the scoreboard

We're not going to win a track meet. Realistically, I would think we have to keep JMU under 28.

CHIP72
November 8th, 2016, 05:02 AM
No worries you'll be sharing that emotional last game with about 3000 or so Villanova fans.

Yeah, with the weather projected to be cold and windy on Saturday, the crowd size will likely be kept down even by Villanova standards.

Gangtackle11
November 8th, 2016, 07:52 AM
I watched the JMU - W&M game as I can't find the JMU-Richmond game.

I was impressed with the size of the JMU offensive line & the talent at the skill positions. That said the Villanova defense is a few cuts above the W&M defense I watched.

Defensively, JMU will see a similar offense to W&M. I would say the Tribe offense is on par with the Nova offense.

The game was close @ JMU. The 4th quarter saw both teams put up 14 points as the lead went back & forth from 7 to 14 points. The Tribe managed to close it back to 7 with a score on the last play of the game to make it a 31-24 final after JMU put it out of reach with 55 seconds to play @ 31-17.

I have much respect for JMU football, but anyone who is totally objective & watches both teams knows that it is extremely probable that this game will be decided late in 4th quarter.

Next up JMU-Maine to watch.

MR. CHICKEN
November 8th, 2016, 07:55 AM

.....EASY NOW...GANGSTER........HENS WERE IN...LOTTAH 'UM.......IT'LL TAKE ALL YA GOT....TA BAG JMU......WILL BE UH DAWG/'CATS...ALL-OUT........OWN-LAH....SAVIN' GRACE....IN DUH PAST TEN YEARS......WILL BE SENDIN' ANDY.......TA DUH LAND UH APPLESAUCE & BINGO.....WHIFF UH DOWNER.....(HE WHOM LAUGHS LAST!)....YOU'LL BE SPENT......TUBBY FIELD...WILL BE ALIVE........AN' IF BAD WEATHER........UH DOSE UH STUDENT BODAH....R-M-L.......GEEZ.....YER GONNAH GET DAT.....IN AUTUMN SPLENDOR........OH YEAH.......PLEASE BRING DUH KICKER...........BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
November 8th, 2016, 08:04 AM
.....EASY NOW...GANGSTER........HENS WERE IN...LOTTAH 'UM.......IT'LL TAKE ALL YA GOT....TA BAG JMU......WILL BE UH DAWG/'CATS...ALL-OUT........OWN-LAH....SAVIN' GRACE....IN DUH PAST TEN YEARS......WILL BE SENDIN' ANDY.......TA DUH LAND UH APPLESAUCE & BINGO.....WHIFF UH DOWNER.....(HE WHOM LAUGHS LAST!)....YOU'LL BE SPENT......TUBBY FIELD...WILL BE ALIVE........AN' IF BAD WEATHER........UH DOSE UH STUDENT BODAH....R-M-L.......GEEZ.....YER GONNAH GET DAT.....IN AUTUMN SPLENDOR........OH YEAH.......PLEASE BRING DUH KICKER...........BRAWK!

Haha. Delaware will either be sky high for Nova or the coaching staff's bags will be already packed & they mail it in. We never underestimate a dirty bird here on the Main Line even when they may be looking forward more to a nice vacation @ carribeanhen's private island than playing the Cats.

The kicker hit 2 40+ yard FGs @ Maine so he's out of the federal witness protection program for now. ✌️️

jmu8
November 8th, 2016, 08:21 AM
This is an interesting game. UNH and RU both forced Schor to beat them by keying in on the runningbacks. Villanova doesn't really do that. They give the runningbacks a little bit, but in return really pressure the QB, sack him, or contain him. They don't give up big plays and want you to have 20 play drives. Turnovers, a sack, or a single penalty will kill drives against how this defense plays. Once you get in the redzone, they get a shorter field and can play the run tighter to force field goals.

The question will be if Villanova can play that defense against our runningbacks. So far this season, when defenses don't commit extra help to stopping our backs, they get past the linebackers and do some damage. I'm not sure what will happen in this game. Are we playing into Villanova's gameplan or is Villanova playing into ours?

Gangtackle11
November 8th, 2016, 11:38 AM
The question will be if Villanova can play that defense against our runningbacks. So far this season, when defenses don't commit extra help to stopping our backs, they get past the linebackers and do some damage. I'm not sure what will happen in this game. Are we playing into Villanova's gameplan or is Villanova playing into ours?

I think you are on to something here bub!

JMU_71
November 8th, 2016, 11:45 AM
I watched the JMU - W&M game as I can't find the JMU-Richmond game.

I was impressed with the size of the JMU offensive line & the talent at the skill positions. That said the Villanova defense is a few cuts above the W&M defense I watched...

I have much respect for JMU football, but anyone who is totally objective & watches both teams knows that it is extremely probable that this game will be decided late in 4th quarter.

I think that is definitely fair. I have a question for you. Has Villanova done a lot of zone blitzing this year or more traditional blitz schemes?

Gangtackle11
November 8th, 2016, 11:51 AM
I think that is definitely fair. I have a question for you. Has Villanova done a lot of zone blitzing this year or more traditional blitz schemes?

Mostly traditional blitz schemes from LBs. Rarely see a corner or safety blitz from Nova. Never see a linemen drop back into coverage for a LB/Safety blitz.

HailSzczur
November 8th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Early weather reports calling for a high of 48 and sunny. Any JMU fans here heading up?

JMU_71
November 8th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Wish I could. I love going to Villanova so I can stop by Gino's to get a cheese steak, but the wife is forcing me to celebrate our anniversary this weekend.

NDSUtk
November 8th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Wish I could. I love going to Villanova so I can stop by Gino's to get a cheese steak, but the wife is forcing me to celebrate our anniversary this weekend.
That can be fixed...but it's a fairly permanent fix...

JMU_71
November 8th, 2016, 12:40 PM
No, not doing that!

JMUNJ08
November 8th, 2016, 12:56 PM

Couldn't spring for a nice night away with a FB game to boot? Sounds like an awesome anniversary day/ present to me (don't ask my wife though)...

mcveyrl
November 8th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Couldn't spring for a nice night away with a FB game to boot? Sounds like an awesome anniversary day/ present to me (don't ask my wife though)...

I think you're on to something. 1:00 game, dinner in the city afterwards, nice hotel, head back on Sunday...I feel like 71's missing out now.

JMU_71
November 8th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Trust me, I tried. She wasn't having any of it.

HailSzczur
November 8th, 2016, 03:12 PM
I think you're on to something. 1:00 game, dinner in the city afterwards, nice hotel, head back on Sunday...I feel like 71's missing out now.

The Sunday champange brunch at the Radnor Hotel is quite nice. But you're not missing a ton with Geno's....

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 8th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Mostly traditional blitz schemes from LBs. Rarely see a corner or safety blitz from Nova. Never see a linemen drop back into coverage for a LB/Safety blitz.

You used to do that often!

Gangtackle11
November 8th, 2016, 03:27 PM
You used to do that often!

We haven't played UNH in years.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 8th, 2016, 04:43 PM
We haven't played UNH in years.

2013, 2011, 2010, 2009 (twice), 2008. And you've been on TV a couple of times during the past decade. ;)

Gangtackle11
November 8th, 2016, 04:53 PM
2013, 2011, 2010, 2009 (twice), 2008. And you've been on TV a couple of times during the past decade. ;)

I was kind of being facetious 😉

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 8th, 2016, 05:22 PM
I was kind of being facetious 

Not apparent without emoticons/emojis. xdontknowxxbeerchugx

jmufan999
November 9th, 2016, 08:50 AM
sooooo anything new going on? let's get the chatter going again.

Terrence Alls has been a really bright spot (and after Schor, arguably the biggest surprise on offense). He's a fantastic athlete and possibly our best WR. Seems to make a spectacular catch in about every game. He's a Duke transfer and I was expecting very little. I'm not sure why, I just was. I read that he is getting space because teams are paying so much attention to Domo Taylor.

jmufan999
November 9th, 2016, 08:53 AM
oh, and I just read that Schor is from Milford, PA. you'd think he'd be extra pumped up to be playing in his home state, although I'm not suggesting that is necessarily a good thing. just saying he'll be pumped up. hopefully he's not overly excited.

Gangtackle11
November 9th, 2016, 10:41 AM
http://www.vuhoops.com/villanova-football/2016/11/9/13574528/villanova-football-vs-jmu-preview-q-a-with-jmusportsblog-com

Nova09
November 9th, 2016, 12:43 PM
welcome to our red state, all y'all southerners!

(nothing makes any sense anymore)

jmufan999
November 9th, 2016, 01:07 PM
welcome to our red state, all y'all southerners!

(nothing makes any sense anymore)

haha!!

jmufan999
November 9th, 2016, 01:08 PM
http://www.vuhoops.com/villanova-football/2016/11/9/13574528/villanova-football-vs-jmu-preview-q-a-with-jmusportsblog-com

i mostly agree with everything the JMU guy said.

Gangtackle11
November 10th, 2016, 03:58 AM
http://www.vuhoops.com/villanova-football/2016/11/10/13540892/villanova-football-vs-jmu-preview-cats-battle-dukes-for-top-of-the-caa

Gangtackle11
November 10th, 2016, 04:03 AM
http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110916aaa.html

HailSzczur
November 10th, 2016, 07:10 AM
Word on the street is Nova legend and the owner of the luckiest bat and underwear in MLB, Matt Szczur will be on hand Saturday.

jmufan999
November 10th, 2016, 07:29 AM
http://www.vuhoops.com/villanova-football/2016/11/10/13540892/villanova-football-vs-jmu-preview-cats-battle-dukes-for-top-of-the-caa

the point about time of possession is a good one. we're not super up tempo this year. I would say it's an "average" tempo, and occasionally we'll play a little faster. Schor brought up a good point about why this was changed. when we were going super fast, the defense was so unprepared that they would sometimes accidentally be in the correct gap without even getting set. I found that pretty interesting as I had never considered that could happen.

Gangtackle11
November 10th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Word on the street is Nova legend and the owner of the luckiest bat and underwear in MLB, Matt Szczur will be on hand Saturday.

Yes he is per his interview on Coach's radio show. Rumor has it Brian Finneran may also up from Atlanta.

HailSzczur
November 10th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Yes he is per his interview on Coach's radio show. Rumor has it Brian Finneran may also up from Atlanta.

Should I start pestering B-West and Robertson on twitter? Get all the Robinson and NCAA Championship MVPs together at once?

I saw Chris Whitney at the football club tailgate a few weeks back (Parent's weekend I believe?). Would be great to have all the Andy Talley era greats back.

jmufan999
November 10th, 2016, 09:57 AM
How is Bednarczyk used in the running game? I know he absolutely ran wild at JMU last year, but I don't remember if they were designed runs, scrambles, or both. We've had issues with mobile QBs for years.

kdinva
November 10th, 2016, 11:32 AM

what is the over/under for attendance: perhaps 10,500? ....justaskin'

HailSzczur
November 10th, 2016, 11:55 AM
what is the over/under for attendance: perhaps 10,500? ....justaskin'

I'm gonna put it at +/- 6000...depending on how well JMU travels

DirtyDukes
November 10th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Oh man, as a Falcons guy I love me some BriFi

Gangtackle11
November 10th, 2016, 04:30 PM
How is Bednarczyk used in the running game? I know he absolutely ran wild at JMU last year, but I don't remember if they were designed runs, scrambles, or both. We've had issues with mobile QBs for years.

Runs mostly out of the read option on designed plays. Will scramble and sometimes trusts his legs more than I like. He's a solid runner for sure. He's been erratic in the passing game although @ Maine last week he was the best I've ever seen him.

PurpleStreamers
November 11th, 2016, 10:49 AM

And here is the other side of this exchange: Congrats to Coach Talley http://jmusportsblog.com/?p=9049#more-9049

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2016, 05:47 PM

JMU - 3.5 Villanova

Interesting that this game is now pick'em with O/U now 59 1/2.

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Runs mostly out of the read option on designed plays. Will scramble and sometimes trusts his legs more than I like. He's a solid runner for sure. He's been erratic in the passing game although @ Maine last week he was the best I've ever seen him.

which is the Maine reason I'm picking Nova to win this one, Nova football deserves more fans....

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2016, 05:32 AM
Oh man, as a Falcons guy I love me some BriFi

https://twitter.com/novafbclub/status/797378092880826368

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Matt Szczur from the World champion Chicago Cubs & former Villanova football great will also be in the house!!

Terry2889
November 12th, 2016, 08:43 AM
https://twitter.com/novafbclub/status/797378092880826368

Is Finneran playing in a pig pen there? Haha!

RootinFerDukes
November 12th, 2016, 12:18 PM
7-0 JMU 8:20 in the 1st

RootinFerDukes
November 12th, 2016, 12:48 PM
7-7 11:52 in the 2nd and Bryan Schor is out of the game with a shoulder injury apparently. Great....

RootinFerDukes
November 12th, 2016, 01:26 PM
The game is tied at 7 at the half. Shockingly. Schor is out of the game and our back up, Johnson, has already thrown 2 INTs. Our defense is the only reason why VU isn't blowing us out right now.

jmufan999
November 12th, 2016, 01:29 PM
shocker that our QB is seriously injured in a huge game late in the season. that NEVER happens.

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Hope he isn't injured too bad. Felt your pain at Richmond when we lost our QB.

JMU is talented. Hurting themselves with penalties,but Villanova belongs on the same field for those who told me they didn't.

RootinFerDukes
November 12th, 2016, 02:08 PM
10-7 JMU with 3:28 in the 3rd. VU throws an INT and then denies us from the end zone with the one dimensional offense. FG kicker finally converts and is 1-3 on the day.

4th and What?
November 12th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Any details on Schor? Been on and off the audio feed and haven't heard anything.

RootinFerDukes
November 12th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Any details on Schor? Been on and off the audio feed and haven't heard anything.

He's out of the game. The entire game.

RootinFerDukes
November 12th, 2016, 02:37 PM
13-7 JMU 4:43 remaining. I'm shocked at the score.

RootinFerDukes
November 12th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I'm am in utter disbelief that we won that football game. 20-7 Dukes.

A team not known for its defense just stood VU up! We didn't have our starting QB in the game for the final three quarters (Schor out one play into the 2nd). Who say defense doesn't win you football games?

JMU are outright CAA champions and can clinch a top 4 seed and perfect CAA record with a win over Elon next week.

citdog
November 12th, 2016, 04:06 PM
I'm am in utter disbelief that we won that football game. 20-7 Dukes.

A team not known for its defense just stood VU up! We didn't have our starting QB in the game for the final three quarters (Schor out one play into the 2nd). Who say defense doesn't win you football games?

JMU are outright CAA champions and can clinch a top 4 seed and perfect CAA record with a win over Elon next week.

Top 4 seed? Not sure about that buddy. 9-0 in the SoCon is better than 9-0 in the caa

JMU2004
November 12th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Top 4 seed? Not sure about that buddy. 9-0 in the SoCon is better than 9-0 in the caa

bwahahahahahahaha......

citdog
November 12th, 2016, 04:11 PM
bwahahahahahahaha......

laugh all you like....ask Messrs Massey or Sagrin...

JMU2004
November 12th, 2016, 04:14 PM
laugh all you like....ask Messrs Massey or Sagrin...

JMU is twenty spots higher in Sagarin than Citadel before today's result.

That gap will grow big time due to SoS off today's opponents.

citdog
November 12th, 2016, 04:17 PM
JMU is twenty spots higher in Sagarin than Citadel before today's result.

That gap will grow big time due to SoS off today's opponents.

Look at the conference rankings....SoCon is better than CAA

JMUisat14
November 12th, 2016, 04:27 PM

Good one... JMU just best two top ten teams on the road in back to back weeks. EL Cid just let a 3-6 VMI team hang around into the 4th quarter.

citdog
November 12th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Good one... JMU just best two top ten teams on the road in back to back weeks. EL Cid just let a 3-6 VMI team hang around into the 4th quarter.

When your school is actually old enough to have a rival you will understand...

StrikeJMU
November 12th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Enjoy your older buildings, I'll take JMUs 60% girls to The Citadels 8%, any day.

citdog
November 12th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Enjoy your older buildings, I'll take JMUs 60% girls to The Citadels 8%, any day.

That's what the college of Charleston is for.....jmu 60% chicks 40% skinny jean wearing beta males

kdinva
November 12th, 2016, 04:41 PM
That's what the college of Charleston is for.....jmu 60% chicks 40% skinny jean wearing beta males.

ouch.... xsmashx

JMUisat14
November 12th, 2016, 04:42 PM
That's what the college of Charleston is for.....jmu 60% chicks 40% skinny jean wearing beta males

It's going to be okay bud. You can tell is why you're upset.

StrikeJMU
November 12th, 2016, 04:43 PM
2016 CAA Champion beta males.

citdog
November 12th, 2016, 04:46 PM
2016 CAA Champion beta males.

Back to Back Southern Conference Champion Alpha Males.

StrikeJMU
November 12th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Back to Back Southern Conference Champion Alpha Males.
"That's like being the smartest kid with Downs Syndrome" - Waiting...

but in fairness, maybe we will see you down the road, hopefully with a healthy Schor.

Dignan
November 12th, 2016, 04:49 PM

So what was the Citadel's excuse all the other games when Barely beating their opponents? I know almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades but man, I've watched several of your games this season and you guys have gotten several wins by the skin of your teeth.

citdog
November 12th, 2016, 04:50 PM
So what was the Citadel's excuse all the other games when Barely beating their opponents? I know almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades but man, I've watched several of your games this season and you guys have gotten several wins by the skin of your teeth.

We actually play in a good conference. Y'all don't.

JMU2004
November 12th, 2016, 05:01 PM

bwahahahahaha

Dignan
November 12th, 2016, 05:17 PM

Ah, I see. So when you are nominally in a good conference and barely beat teams such as Gardner-Webb, Mercer, Furman, and VMI it's cool. We in the CAA have been living with the shame of having no reputation whatsoever of playing in a good conference for years, so forgive me if I'm unsure how it works.

In all seriousness though, my issue is that you've teetered on the edge of losing to teams that look pretty beatable to me and you seem to have a running game but pretty mediocre passing from what I can see.

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Congrats to JMU.

Very athletic team that overcame the adversity of losing their starting QB. Nova offense once again put the defense in some tough spots with 4 interceptions and 2 in the red zone.

Nova is a marginal playoff team at best. May win a game in playoffs may not.

jmu007
November 12th, 2016, 05:52 PM
lol are you serious right now?

Stonewall D
November 12th, 2016, 06:15 PM
I was going to say JMU generally has pretty hot chicks. But they do not feel threatened by the beta males.

DirtyDukes
November 12th, 2016, 08:21 PM

LULBRUH

BRUH,LUL

grayghost06
November 12th, 2016, 08:57 PM
We may or may not get a top 4 seed, but it won't be because we lost out to The Citadel. I do like the smack by the bellhops though. Been a member of this board long enough to have seen CitDog put in timeout a few times. Always amusing when he gets riled up. I wouldn't mind a matchup with them either. Wish we'd do a home & home with them. Great town and a nice stadium as well.

ngineer
November 12th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Think this may result in Wildcats coming to Goodman for a rematch?

CHIP72
November 13th, 2016, 06:44 AM
Think this may result in Wildcats coming to Goodman for a rematch?

I think Villanova will bid high enough (and will be ranked high enough) to get a first round home playoff game if the Wildcats beat Delaware in the Battle of the Blue next Saturday.

Speaking of next Saturday, it is shaping up as a pretty big day for the FCS/DI-AA schools that play in the Philadelphia TV market (excluding Delaware State, who plays at Howard):

*Penn at Cornell, 12 PM (Fox College Sports Atlantic) - Quakers playing for a share of the Ivy League title (currently tied with Harvard & Princeton)
*Lehigh at Lafayette, 12:30 PM (ESPN3, various regional sports channels) - Mountain Hawks playing for possible first round home playoff game in L-L 152
*Dartmouth at Princeton, 1:30 PM (ONE World Sports) - Tigers playing for a share of the Ivy League title (currently tied with Harvard & Penn)
*Villanova at Delaware, 3:30 PM (CSN Regional) - Wildcats playing for a playoff berth in the Battle of the Blue

For overall Division I purposes, when you add that to the Temple/Tulane game (3:30 PM ASN, WPHL Channel 17 in the Philadelphia area), where the Owls are playing to remain in first place in the AAC East Division, it makes for a very big day of football in the Delaware Valley and nearby environs.

citdog
November 14th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Here is what the Conf ratings say....

CAA below the Big Fluffy in both and below the Little South in another.

RANK
CONFERENCE
SAGARIN RATING

MISSOURI VALLEY

SOUTHERN

BIG SKY

COLONIAL

BIG SOUTH

OHIO VALLEY

PATRIOT

IVY LEAGUE

SOUTHLAND