PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston trying to choke the game away

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 09:09 PM
49-43 with 6:51 left. xlolx

discuss.

tomq04
November 5th, 2016, 09:10 PM
This is like watching 2 EWU teams from 2014 play.

56-43 (pending kick) 5:42 left.

milleniumkat
November 5th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Yeah our second half D has sucked all year. nothing new. But it will cost us in the playoffs at some point.

"I may already be inside you"

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Yeah our second half D has sucked all year. nothing new. But it will cost us in the playoffs at some point.

I thought you guys were running away with the title?

knucklehead
November 5th, 2016, 09:14 PM
I enjoy Chaos.. Go MC Neese

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Sammy scores again. LOL!

I love track meets! FCS Football rules!

CappinHard
November 5th, 2016, 09:15 PM
The most McNeese has scored all year has been 48 and 42 against Northwestern St. and Incarnate Word. Sammy has given up 43 and counting. Wow.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Dang it. INT. That should about wrap it up for my Cowboys.

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 09:20 PM
looks like Sammy wins another track meet. Sammy should be ranked No. 1 after JSU poor performance against a very weak SEMO.

CappinHard
November 5th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Your crowd is cute. Looks like a local high school football game.

Did anyone get a screenshot when they showed Sammy's schedule? One of the teams just said "Opponent 6 (00-00)". Pretty indicative of who Sammy has played this year. Lol

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 09:24 PM
looks like Sammy wins another track meet. Sammy should be ranked No. 1 after JSU poor performance against a very weak SEMO.

And a lack of defense from Sammy earns them #1 how?

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 09:25 PM

Did anyone get a screenshot when they showed Sammy's schedule? One of the teams just said "Opponent 6 (00-00)". Pretty indicative of who Sammy has played this year. Lol
too bad South Dakota State won't be around come 2nd and 3rd round of playoffs.

:D

TheRevSFA

McNeese showed what a decent team can do to the Sam defense. UCA is going to give them a game

pokefan02
McNeese always doubles attendance for opponents when we go on the road.

The Pud

voters love offense sir. haven't you figured that out yet??

JSUSoutherner
November 5th, 2016, 09:26 PM

Because offense wins championships. Duh. xdrunkyx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 09:27 PM

With that defense...neither will SHSU....xnodx

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Because offense wins championships. Duh. xdrunkyx

xnodx

Bison56
November 5th, 2016, 09:34 PM

That would be a small high school crowd in Texas.

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 09:35 PM
I would have to agree with this statement.

It would be a huge high school crowd in New York though.

mmiller_34
November 5th, 2016, 09:37 PM
SHSU doesn't have a stadium.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 09:41 PM
voters love offense sir. haven't you figured that out yet??

That is why NDSU has been traditionally #1 week in and week out for the last 5.5 years for having a great DEFENSE not a great offense.

CappinHard
November 5th, 2016, 09:41 PM
I was talking about local high schools in South Dakota. You would think with an undefeated team they could get people to come to games. Maybe people are smart enough to realize that the team isn't actually that good. Or they are sick of watching them play teams that should be D2.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 09:45 PM
That is why NDSU has been traditionally #1 week in and week out for the last 5.5 years for having a great DEFENSE not a great offense.

The SHSU trolls will never figure it out. They'll be gone soon enough....xnodx

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 09:46 PM

in your dreams, so you can continue to cry now baby.

mmiller_34
November 5th, 2016, 09:49 PM
After they get pounded by Central Arkansas they'll be gone.

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 09:51 PM
probably so, but they will be back when they are in the natty and your team is at home.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 09:52 PM

I no longer hate chatty. Chattown does a great job making them insufferable, but with him gone, I now officially hate SHSU. Nickels and Daytripper get a pass since they have been here long enough and I got no qualms with them, (besides Nickels lack of taste in women and Daytripper's political views xdrunkyx) but the rest of them have officially made me think of them as the new Chatty team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 09:53 PM
in your dreams, so you can continue to cry now baby.

History will repeat itself with you guys fading away soon.

xnodx

mmiller_34
November 5th, 2016, 09:58 PM
I no longer hate chatty. Chattown does a great job making them insufferable, but with him gone, I now officially hate SHSU. Nickels and Daytripper get a pass since they have been here long enough and I got no qualms with them, (besides Nickels lack of taste in women and Daytripper's political views xdrunkyx) but the rest of them have officially made me think of them as the new Chatty team.
No question. It's unbelievable. I honestly wish chattown were here to interact with these idiots. That would be amazing.

CockyGeek
November 5th, 2016, 09:59 PM
Come back to JSU. Let's go 2 out of 3 and settle this thing once and for all.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

mmiller_34
November 5th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Why did SHSU change their colors from orange to burnt red-orange?

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 10:17 PM
No question. It's unbelievable. I honestly wish chattown were here to interact with these idiots. That would be amazing.

I would make some popcorn, pour myself a glass of The Mccallan 12 or 18, put it up on the 65 inch tv and watch it play out.

Sammy94
November 5th, 2016, 10:21 PM
The hate is strong for the Bearkats. Whose up next?

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 10:23 PM
This thread, you are spot on, couple mountains of hate. Y'all brought it on yourselves. And its who's, not whose. Drivin me nuts.

CappinHard
November 5th, 2016, 10:24 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4114/4741022264_7205c5221a_z.jpg

BEAR
November 5th, 2016, 10:26 PM

Sammy gets 0-7, 1-8 Northwestern State.

Oh you meant what poster is next...xlolx

Sammy94
November 5th, 2016, 10:30 PM
This thread, you are spot on, couple mountains of hate. Y'all brought it on yourselves. And its who's, not whose. Drivin me nuts.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23812&stc=1

Sammy94
November 5th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Sammy gets 0-7, 1-8 Northwestern State.

Oh you meant what poster is next...xlolx

Thanks Bear. I forgot I can just look at demon rob's avatar. Wonder how many points we will give those guys? I am so glad wins still count:D

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 10:35 PM
So which one of us is the stupid one? The guy who can't comprehend the difference between who's and whose or the one who does? Please enlighten me brain trust.

CappinHard
November 5th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Ok, tell me that "your" is spelled wrong in that meme to make a point... I wouldn't put it past you to have created that yourself and made the error.

Thumper, take it easy on him, he's doing the best he can with his SHSU education.

Sammy94
November 5th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Ok, tell me that "your" is spelled wrong in that meme to make a point... I wouldn't put it past you to have created that yourself and made the error.

Thumper, take it easy on him, he's doing the best he can with his SHSU education.

So true us can't even spell Bearkat right. Thumper was suppose to catch that one with his genius.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 10:54 PM
So true us can't even spell Bearkat right. Thumper was suppose to catch that one with his genius.

That meme would be great if you guys actually added to a conversation instead of bogging down the board.

Serpentor
November 5th, 2016, 11:03 PM
Atrocious defense tonight, thank God Briscoe was money on offense.

BisonFan02
November 5th, 2016, 11:04 PM
I've seen this SHSU team before........

YoUDeeMan
November 5th, 2016, 11:10 PM

^^^ You wouldn't make the grammar playoff field after writing that, Mr. MEAC. ^^^

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 11:17 PM
^^^ You wouldn't make the grammar playoff field after writing that, Mr. MEAC. ^^^
You know the funniest part? I actually take the side of SHSU proponents and they still act ****y. Insufferable twats.

7yearkat
November 5th, 2016, 11:28 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161106/0fc2dbd6979e71155b50a2d94f85533c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 11:29 PM

they will if they end up in your bracket

Daytripper
November 5th, 2016, 11:45 PM
I'll take the win. One at a time. I won't argue that we are the best team in the nation. I will note that we are undefeated. Our defense is suspect, but our offense is the s#!t. It is what it is. Keep playing until you lose

Bearkat 41
November 6th, 2016, 12:04 AM
I made the argument that our defensive numbers weren't as bad as they looked due to second half numbers being a majority of the damage all year and the Kats average lead is roughly 35-7 at the half this year. Tonight was more of the same as we led 28-9 at the break, but I can't excuse the wet panty defensive display anymore. There are players on the defensive side of the ball that are good and I think scheme and a lack of adjusting after halftime is the biggest problem. The defensive coaching staff needs to be better at counter attacking what the other teams are doing, not just sitting back and assuming the offense will carry them. Play two halves of defense against nwla and UCA. Show that you can adjust to opponents adjustments.

The Kats have an offense that can score and I believe they can score even on a good defense. Probably not score their avaerage, but enough to go head up with anybody in the country on any given Saturday. Maybe I will find that I am wrong if UCA comes in and slows us down.

Thumper 76
November 6th, 2016, 01:22 AM
I made the argument that our defensive numbers weren't as bad as they looked due to second half numbers being a majority of the damage all year and the Kats average lead is roughly 35-7 at the half this year. Tonight was more of the same as we led 28-9 at the break, but I can't excuse the wet panty defensive display anymore. There are players on the defensive side of the ball that are good and I think scheme and a lack of adjusting after halftime is the biggest problem. The defensive coaching staff needs to be better at counter attacking what the other teams are doing, not just sitting back and assuming the offense will carry them. Play two halves of defense against nwla and UCA. Show that you can adjust to opponents adjustments.

The Kats have an offense that can score and I believe they can score even on a good defense. Probably not score their avaerage, but enough to go head up with anybody in the country on any given Saturday. Maybe I will find that I am wrong if UCA comes in and slows us down.

There's a handful of teams that would be really fun to watch against each other because of their ridiculous offenses in the playoffs. Any combination of JMU, SHSU, EWU, and SDSU would be really entertaining games I think.

milleniumkat
November 6th, 2016, 03:31 AM
I thought you guys were running away with the title?

Never once have i ever suggested that we would win the title. Not that i recall anyway. I never stated we were unbeatable. I've only suggested that we are a threat that deserves to be respected.

And i suggested that on 10/25, and this board has imploded ever since.

milleniumkat
November 6th, 2016, 03:38 AM

You are spot on. This game followed the exact same formula as every other game. Nothing new.

BUT...

This was the first game were the defense didn't just come out flat in the second, they got manhandled.

Now, i know keeler stated in the presser that that only had two active DB's the entire game due to injury and illness. Zero rest for a position built in rotation will have negative affects against a talented WR like Shelby and Batiste...

BUT

The middle of the defense did the worst job of tackling i've LITERALLY ever seen. I can handle the "pump the brakes" defense in the second half. But if they play like that again, it's going to be a quick playoffs

At the same time, this was our one legit bad game of the season, yet we never trailed, set school records and won by double digits vs a team that was ranked for 1/2 the year. We should get that corrected but who knows. maybe not.

At this point, we are a shootout or bust team imho.

At the same time, i'm really really glad that we got into a fight like that tonight with a game to go before UCA and playoffs. We needed a challenge and the Pokes finally gave us one. It makes me crazy, but that was a fun damn game.

Twentysix
November 6th, 2016, 05:12 AM
Didn't UCA beat McNeese 35-0?

How does that make you feel?

milleniumkat
November 6th, 2016, 05:36 AM
Didn't UCA beat McNeese 35-0?

How does that make you feel?

Feels just fine. 9-0! UCA was not ranked #1 and hence doesn't have the same target or get the best effort out of every team. Bison know what that is like.

UCA also isn't the team that crushed the 10-0 Cowboys dreams at home last year in the playoffs so there's a little more motivation.

Guidry also lost his brother before that game and i had many McNeese folks tell me that their own team did not come to play that night ...Their OWN fans said that.

And besides, we never said we were a defensive team. This same team gave up 48 to UIW, yet only 43 to MCneese. So i guess that means the UIW is better on offense than McNeese? Nah. Things just work out that way sometimes. If you've watched football for more than 5-6 years you'd know that.

In two weeks we will put the best offense in the nation against the best defense in the Conference. At home in front of a good crowd (Me hopes).

We let the play on the field decide.

And why did they only score 35? The cowboy secondary may have been the easiest we have faced. Surely they could have put up 40? If we have to score 90 to win, we will. lol

milleniumkat
November 6th, 2016, 05:40 AM
Bison tried to choke the UNI game away but they relied on their strength, their D, to pull it out.

We are an offensive team. So we rely on our strength to win. And we have 9 TIMES! wahahahhaahah!

So sorry you mid westerners prefer Knute Rockne style offense and flows of games. We like excitement here in Texas.

CID1990
November 6th, 2016, 06:37 AM

Given your SOS, I'll take "Cupcake" for 1000, Alex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 6th, 2016, 06:57 AM
Sammy is a threat to win it all, but might have to dial up 70 points in the semi final game, they will need it.... the real problem with your team is just one mistake on Offense might do you in as your D wont hold a good team down

McNeese75
November 6th, 2016, 07:27 AM
I keep hearing about this shsu team that CRUSHED a 10-0 McNeese team last year. There must have been some other game played than the 5 point loss I recall.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

BamKat
November 6th, 2016, 07:50 AM
I keep hearing about this shsu team that CRUSHED the hearts of a 10-0 McNeese team last year in the hole during the playoffs.

FIFY

Sammy94
November 6th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Given your SOS, I'll take "Cupcake" for 1000, Alex.

Problem is the cupcake trail usually runs until the semis

Katfan
November 6th, 2016, 08:40 AM
There's a handful of teams that would be really fun to watch against each other because of their ridiculous offenses in the playoffs. Any combination of JMU, SHSU, EWU, and SDSU would be really entertaining games I think.
Those games will take 5 hours to play but would be entertaining, unless you are a defensive minded football fan that is.

CappinHard
November 6th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Problem is the cupcake trail usually runs until the semis
Or until you run into a top MVFC team. Which for us is usually the 1st or 2nd round. Not only do you get the benefit of a cupcake regular season due to your conference and weak OOC games, you get the clear benefit of regionalization in the playoffs.

Sammy94
November 6th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Or until you run into a top MVFC team. Which for us is usually the 1st or 2nd round. Not only do you get the benefit of a cupcake regular season due to your conference and weak OOC games, you get the clear benefit of regionalization in the playoffs.
Yes we all know how great the MVFC is but how did your team do vs Cal Poly?

CappinHard
November 6th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Yes we all know how great the MVFC is but how did your team do vs Cal Poly?
Stumbled, that will happen when you play tough OOC games. You wouldn't know about that.

Sammy94
November 6th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Stumbled, that will happen when you play tough OOC games. You wouldn't know about that.

But come playoff time those teams are considered cupcakes because Sam beats them.

milleniumkat
November 6th, 2016, 04:16 PM
I've seen this SHSU team before........

No you haven't.

"You Can't run with #81!"

milleniumkat
November 6th, 2016, 04:16 PM
I keep hearing about this shsu team that CRUSHED a 10-0 McNeese team last year. There must have been some other game played than the 5 point loss I recall.

Crushed playoff dreams. Not crushed team. And that's not a knock, that's just a term.

milleniumkat
November 6th, 2016, 04:20 PM
I think it's funny when a few posters blast at ME for talking smack and request that "WE" chill out and talk normal football convo. Yet i've yet to post a single thing on one of their team specific threads and they have created an entire thread just for the purpose of starting ****e and slamming shsu.

Never seen so much work put in over an insignificant program before.

milleniumkat
November 6th, 2016, 04:23 PM
But come playoff time those teams are considered cupcakes because Sam beats them.

exactly. Like Colgate last year. Who upset JMU last year on the road that everyone is all hard donged about now. Yet they weren't even in our same level of atmosphere.

And somehow despite all statistical and comparative information that suggest an improved shsu in 2016, they claim we have regressed in the face of universal improvement. lolololol.

katstrapper
November 7th, 2016, 07:36 AM
I think it's funny when a few posters blast at ME for talking smack and request that "WE" chill out and talk normal football convo. Yet i've yet to post a single thing on one of their team specific threads and they have created an entire thread just for the purpose of starting ****e and slamming shsu.

Never seen so much work put in over an insignificant program before.

Its also amazing how all this talk about "slot voting" in the polls didn't start until the Kats achieved the #1 ranking.

Plus they talk about cupcake schedules? Havent seen anyone else slamming Jax St on their 101st ranking on their SOS. xlolx

Thumper 76
November 7th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Its also amazing how all this talk about "slot voting" in the polls didn't start until the Kats achieved the #1 ranking.

Plus they talk about cupcake schedules? Havent seen anyone else slamming Jax St on their 101st ranking on their SOS. xlolx

xlolx why don't you search up slot voting and get back to me about slot voting magically popping up when you tenderfoot SHSU guys popped on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNIFanSince1983
November 7th, 2016, 08:16 AM

Weird because I see Massey has JSU as the 16th rated schedule in FCS and SHSU with the 82nd rated schedule in FCS. That seems like quite a dramatic difference to me.