PDA

View Full Version : 9-0 THE Citadel

citdog
November 5th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Why aren't the Cadets #1??? Who has Sam Houston beat? TWO wins over Top 20 teams for the 'Dogs.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Why aren't the Cadets #1??? Who has Sam Houston beat? TWO wins over Top 20 teams for the 'Dogs.

1) SOS is too good in comparison
2) Lack of Novembrists
3) You beat a D2 with a winning record
4) Your fans argue with logic
5) You did not create runner up shirts

Need more?

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 05:32 PM
NDSU has played 7 ranked FCS teams this year but I am going to put The Citadel ahead of SHSU.

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 05:35 PM
NDSU has played 7 ranked FCS teams this year but I am going to put The Citadel ahead of SHSU.

Agreed. The Citadel should be ahead of SHSU at least IMHO. The game against North Carolina at the end could secure the #1 or #2 seed.

Dewey

centennial
November 5th, 2016, 05:40 PM

Because the committee members have some SHSU cheerleaders on retainer.

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Why the SHSU hate? Has SHSU not preformed in the playoffs against every team not named NDSU? I agree the schedule could be better but that proves out in the playoffs. So why not relax and enjoy your team's season?

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Agreed. The Citadel should be ahead of SHSU at least IMHO. The game against North Carolina at the end could secure the #1 or #2 seed.

Dewey

Even if NDSU and EWU win out? I am not saying they would not have earned it, but NDSU would have beaten 7 ranked FCS and #13 Iowa? I feel like they would have a better resume and possibly even EWU with their wins as well. Though if El Cid wins out, they deserve a top 3/4 with the other one going to CAA champ or JSU.

- - - Updated - - -

Why the SHSU hate? Has SHSU not preformed in the playoffs against every team not named NDSU? I agree the schedule could be better but that proves out in the playoffs. So why not relax and enjoy your team's season?

#11 Novembrist for the Kats?

CID1990
November 5th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Even if NDSU and EWU win out? I am not saying they would not have earned it, but NDSU would have beaten 7 ranked FCS and #13 Iowa? I feel like they would have a better resume and possibly even EWU with their wins as well. Though if El Cid wins out, they deserve a top 3/4 with the other one going to CAA champ or JSU.

- - - Updated - - -

If we win out (that means beating UNC) then anything other than the #1 seed would be BS. We'd have the best claim hands down.

But we won't beat UNC so this is an academic exercise

Unless it really IS an ACADEMIC exercise in which case we would handily beat UNC. They don't use actual students

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 05:48 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Oh, this again. We're not as special because we don't meet an imagined posting quota. Congrats on being here all year.

citdog
November 5th, 2016, 05:49 PM

Both undefeated and The Citadel has beaten two Top 20 teams. Who have y'all beat?

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Both undefeated and The Citadel has beaten two Top 20 teams. Who have y'all beat?

No one great, that's for sure.

Honest question: What's the recent playoff experience/record of The Citadel? Not asking to be a jerk, genuine question.

For my two cents NDSU is still the best team. They've beaten better opponents and are in the toughest conference. Really simple.

My guess is folks base the first poll based on info from the last week of last season. SHSU was in the top 4...again. And they have yet to lose. Again, simple.

Lastly, none of it matters, we have playoffs. And then it'll settle who is the best.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Oh, this again. We're not as special because we don't meet an imagined posting quota. Congrats on being here all year.

I am here since I will be here after the wins and losses and have been since I have joined even if I lurked before that.

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 05:59 PM
I am here since I will be here after the wins and losses and have been since I have joined even if I lurked before that.

Me too! Great to meet you.

TheKingpin28
If we win out (that means beating UNC) then anything other than the #1 seed would be BS. We'd have the best claim hands down.

Unless it really IS an ACADEMIC exercise in which case we would handily beat UNC. They don't use actual students

Again, 7 wins for the top 25, a FBS win over #13 Iowa, and losing to a SDSU team that is top 15 material, if NDSU did not get 1 or 2 that would be the biggest hackjob around. And if EWU wins out, they will get that the #1 or #2 as well. That would leave El Cid for #3 which is more than fair and should be their spot if all 3 teams win out.

citdog

Honest question: What's the recent playoff experience/record of The Citadel? Not asking to be a jerk, genuine question.

For my two cents NDSU is still the best team. They've beaten better opponents and are in the toughest conference. Really simple.

My guess is folks base the first poll based on info from the last week of last season. SHSU was in the top 4...again. And they have yet to lose. Again, simple.

Lastly, none of it matters, we have playoffs. And then it'll settle who is the best.

Google is your friend.

Bisonator
November 5th, 2016, 06:00 PM
No idea really. No one. Congrats to the Bulldogs! See ya'll in the PO's!xthumbsupx

CID1990
November 5th, 2016, 06:01 PM

And as Bison fans will remind you ad nauseum (especially when someone suggests a visiting team has a chance to win in the Fargodome)

home field matters in the playoffs

If these rankings stand, SHSU will have it until they lose - thats the reason for the heartburn

I don't think El Cid should necessarily be #1- I think NDSU and JMU are the two strongest teams right now

But I think there is merit to the argument that The Citadel should be ahead of SHSU

citdog
November 5th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Again, 7 wins for the top 25, a FBS win over #13 Iowa, and losing to a SDSU team that is top 15 material, if NDSU did not get 1 or 2 that would be the biggest hackjob around. And if EWU wins out, they will get that the #1 or #2 as well. That would leave El Cid for #3 which is more than fair and should be their spot if all 3 teams win out.

11-0 with wins over Chatt, Samford, and the University of North Carolina and NOT #1?

Twentysix
November 5th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Cit should be ahead of shsu but neither team should be the top two seeds at this point.

Twentysix
November 5th, 2016, 06:04 PM
11-0 with wins over Chatt, Samford, and the University of North Carolina and NOT #1?

11-0 and 3 good wins vs 10-1 and 8 good wins. :/

centennial
November 5th, 2016, 06:05 PM

Only if you are named SHSU or JSU. You should listen to the committee chair backpedaling on The Citadel.

Twentysix
November 5th, 2016, 06:05 PM
11-0 and 3 good wins vs 10-1 and 8 good wins. :/

Undefeated cit has a case to be made. Shsu doesn't.

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Google is your friend.
Ok, hoping you'd want to stand for your team.

So you guys:

Lost to the 8 seed in 2015
Didn't make the playoffs in 2014
Didn't make the playoffs in 2013

So, and just guessing here, perhaps the fact SHSU won more playoff games in 2015 than The Citadel has won in 3 years may be a reason.

CitadelGrad
NDSU and EWU are probably better than The Citadel and deserve #1 and #2 seeds. JMU looks strong and a case can be made for them at #3. #4 is very important for home field advantage and it is an advantage that SHSU clearly has not earned over The Citadel at this point.

TheKingpin28

#7 CSU, #8 EWU, #13 FBS Iowa, #12 WIU, #15YSU, as well as UNI?

NDSU has only played 2 games with teams not ranked and MSU had just fallen out of the rankings and UNI was a fringe Top 25 so I do not know how their schedule and wins do not supersede? Again, I would put The Citadel at 3/4 if all teams end up winning out including JMU.

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 06:10 PM

No you wouldn't, NDSU would still have the vastly tougher SOS, same goes for EWU. If those two teams win out, they should be #1 and #2.

CitadelGrad
November 5th, 2016, 06:10 PM

So you guys:

So, and just guessing here, perhaps the fact SHSU won more playoff games in 2015 than The Citadel has won in 3 years may be a reason.

Last year doesn't mean a damn thing.

CappinHard
November 5th, 2016, 06:12 PM
You're confusing logic with hate. It's completely illogical that SHSU would be ranked ahead of NDSU, EWU, JMU, and Citadel. We're not saying SHSU sucks, we're saying they don't deserve a higher seed, that's all.

Also, you mention in another post that none of this matters and it will get settled in the playoffs. So you're saying that home field advantage doesn't matter at all. Alrighty then.

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 06:12 PM
#7 CSU, #8 EWU, #13 FBS Iowa, #12 WIU, #15YSU, as well as UNI?

NDSU has only played 2 games with teams not ranked and MSU had just fallen out of the rankings and UNI was a fringe Top 25 so I do not know how their schedule and wins do not supersede? Again, I would put The Citadel at 3/4 if all teams end up winning out including JMU.

Was ISUR rated when we beat them.

Twentysix
November 5th, 2016, 06:14 PM

doesn't really matter.

How they finished is how they will be judged.

Bucs2016
November 5th, 2016, 06:15 PM

Citdog I'm a CSU homer. But I gotta tip my hat. Yall are for real and should be considered for #1. I'm hoping we meet in the ppayoffs (if we make it). Total respect for the Dogs. But we want our shot at 5 straight.

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 06:15 PM
You're confusing logic with hate. It's completely illogical that SHSU would be ranked ahead of NDSU, EWU, JMU, and Citadel. We're not saying SHSU sucks, we're saying they don't deserve a higher seed, that's all.

Also, you mention in another post that none of this matters and it will get settled in the playoffs. So you're saying that home field advantage doesn't matter at all. Alrighty then.
Good points. Though perhaps you're not familiar with SHSU's playoff road record.

I agree NDSU and EWU have an argument but not so much for the rest.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 06:16 PM

According to http://www.gobison.com/schedule.aspx?path=football they were 18/20 depending on which "national" poll they use. I use that since SHSU seems to think those are the only 2 polls that can be used and are gods given gift to all of mankind with all of those runner ups and semi-finals they have mde.

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 06:20 PM
doesn't really matter.

How they finished is how they will be judged.

Yep, I understand, I was just responding to the post about Bison wins against "ranked" teams, the reference was made to wins against the teams that were ranked at the time of the game.

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 06:22 PM
According to http://www.gobison.com/schedule.aspx?path=football they were 18/20 depending on which "national" poll they use. I use that since SHSU seems to think those are the only 2 polls that can be used and are gods given gift to all of mankind with all of those runner ups and semi-finals they have mde.
Citadel has defeated some really good teams. It's just odd how the rankings are false when SHSU is #1 but the rankings are the absolute truth when it comes to the ranked teams Citadel has defeated.

PS- Not sure how me stating that NDSU and EWU are stronger=me saying SHSU is "gods gift."

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Citadel has defeated some really good teams. It's just odd how the rankings are false when SHSU is #1 but the rankings are the absolute truth when it comes to the ranked teams Citadel has defeated.

I was using the same logic SHSU fans use to promote an agenda like SHSU does. You cant have your cake and eat it too. The point is that SHSU wants it one way but when another uses their logic, it is not allowed.

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 06:27 PM
I was using the same logic SHSU fans use to promote an agenda like SHSU does. You cant have your cake and eat it too. The point is that SHSU wants it one way but when another uses their logic, it is not allowed.

OK? What cake am trying to have/eat? Either the rankings are true, or they're not. Simple. If they're false (SHSU being #1) then what else is false? SoCon rankings?

CID1990
November 5th, 2016, 06:30 PM

So you guys:

Dude

First CSU guys and now you

check your calendar it's 2016

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Dude

First CSU guys and now you

check your calendar it's 2016

Indeed it is, and in 2016 SHSU is ranked #1.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 06:33 PM
OK? What cake am trying to have/eat? Either the rankings are true, or they're not. Simple. If they're false (SHSU being #1) then what else is false? SoCon rankings?

I personally believe the FCS/Coaches poll are not true and I put more value in Sagarin, Massey, and AGS, but i am trying to make a point that if we want to go off of rankings, there is not a snowballs chance in hell that NDSU is not #1.

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 06:34 PM
I personally believe the FCS/Coaches poll are not true and I put more value in Sagarin, Massey, and AGS, but i am trying to make a point that if we want to go off of rankings, there is not a snowballs chance in hell that NDSU is not #1.

We could argue that FCS coaches know more than folks like us posting on a board. But I totally agree NDSU should be #1.

BisonTru
November 5th, 2016, 06:36 PM
#ButtNicholls

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2016, 06:39 PM
The SoCon is the #2 conference according to Sagarin and the Chucktown Dawgs have all but run the table for the conference. I think you can definitely make the case for NDSU being ranked higher than the Citadel but it's kind of hard to justify putting SHSU higher IMO.

Twentysix
November 5th, 2016, 06:43 PM
The SoCon is the #2 conference according to Sagarin and the Chucktown Dawgs have all but run the table for the conference. I think you can definitely make the case for NDSU being ranked higher than the Citadel but it's kind of hard to justify putting SHSU higher IMO.

Superhard to justify SHSU higher.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 06:46 PM
We could argue that FCS coaches know more than folks like us posting on a board. But I totally agree NDSU should be #1.

Have you seen their poll?

NC A&T at 10
Samford at 18 and below UCA who they beat
EIU at 24 (5-5)
Kennesaw (Playing non full D1 schedule), MONTANA STATE (2-7 Who lost to Sacramento State!) SELA (5-4), UT Martin (6-4), Sacred Heart (6-3 and lost to 2-7 CCSU and 4-5 Wagner), and Southern (LOL SWAC team) receiving votes?

You really believe it has any value whatsoever? There is no argument, just facts

CappinHard
November 5th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Good points. Though perhaps you're not familiar with SHSU's playoff road record.

I agree NDSU and EWU have an argument but not so much for the rest.

Oh I'm well aware. Do you really think that should have any bearing on the way teams are seeded this year?

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Have you seen their poll?

NC A&T at 10
Samford at 18 and below UCA who they beat
EIU at 24 (5-5)
Kennesaw (Playing non full D1 schedule), MONTANA STATE (2-7 Who lost to Sacramento State!) SELA (5-4), UT Martin (6-4), Sacred Heart (6-3 and lost to 2-7 CCSU and 4-5 Wagner), and Southern (LOL SWAC team) receiving votes?

You really believe it has any value whatsoever? There is no argument, just facts

I simply believe coaches know more than I do, it appears you feel different.

So, you're saying the ranked teams Citadel defeated shouldn't count since those rankings have no value?

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Oh I'm well aware. Do you really think that should have any bearing on the way teams are seeded this year?

With an undefeated team I do. SHSU and others were ranked highly at the beginning of the season strongly based on prior season's performance. I'm sure if SHSU lost it would be different but SHSU was a top 4 team based on playoffs in 2015 and they haven't lost and thus given no reason to believe they are any worse.

What reason has SHSU given that they are worse than last year?

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 07:06 PM
I simply believe coaches know more than I do, it appears you feel different.

So, you're saying the ranked teams Citadel defeated shouldn't count since those rankings have no value?

I used the FCS Stats poll and even that one I disagree with, just a little less than the Coaches since I gave valid reasons as to why it is pure trash. And no, I expect to use a standard medium across the field and would have used the AGS, but sammy fans would be crying if I did not use one of the few polls that have them as #1 and called it invalid since ESPN and the national media do not necessarily recognize it as the gold standard

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 07:09 PM
I used the FCS Stats poll and even that one I disagree with, just a little less than the Coaches since I gave valid reasons as to why it is pure trash
OK, I hear your point but can't agree. If two polls say the same thing, then perhaps there's something to it. And it's illogical to say "we're better because we've beat ranked teams but the rankings are wrong."

JSUSoutherner
November 5th, 2016, 07:09 PM
#ButtNicholls

Since they like shirts so much....

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161106/ac91f2038abd6c67f0e4562acf5f7858.png

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I haven't mentioned Nicholls once.

CappinHard
November 5th, 2016, 07:13 PM
With an undefeated team I do. SHSU and others were ranked highly at the beginning of the season strongly based on prior season's performance. I'm sure if SHSU lost it would be different but SHSU was a top 4 team based on playoffs in 2015 and they haven't lost and thus given no reason to believe they are any worse.

What reason has SHSU given that they are worse than last year?
So you're basing your logic on a preseason ranking? Based on that, had SHSU been ranked #10 at the start of the season, they shouldn't be any higher than that, because you and I know that they don't have any wins to show they deserve a higher ranking? #slotvotingftw

Southern Bison
November 5th, 2016, 07:14 PM
If y'all pull off the upset against UNC (beating both Carolina flagship schools in 2 years), then yes, The Citadelshould be a top-2 seed.

I, for one AGS voter and year-round poster will be in Charleston for a playoff game (while following my Bison on the smartphone).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 07:16 PM
So you're basing your logic on a preseason ranking? Based on that, had SHSU been ranked #10 at the start of the season, they shouldn't be any higher than that, because you and I know that they don't have any wins to show they deserve a higher ranking? #slotvotingftw

I appreciate the false hypothetical. SHSU didn't start at #10, but if they did and Citadel was ranked #9 I'd have no issue with SHSU being ranked behind Citadel assuming their records are the same as they are as well as other teams.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 07:17 PM
OK, I hear your point but can't agree. If two polls say the same thing, then perhaps there's something to it. And it's illogical to say "we're better because we've beat ranked teams but the rankings are wrong."

LAZ KPK ASH RUD SEL DII DOL MAS FMG HNL Rank, Team, Conf, Record KEE PGH ABC STH RTH DWI FAS DUN WIL CTW BCM DP ENG SAG RWP Rank, Team SP DCI BRN WOL DOK PTS EZ AGS BSS BAS CSL NOL RTP SNW FCP Mean Median St.Dev (http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/aboutcomp.htm#key)

1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 N Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5545&s=286577) MVFC 7-1 2 1 1 2 2 1 1 1 2 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 N Dak St 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 1 4 2 2 1 4 4 1.55 1.0 0.88

2 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 2 E Washington (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2383&s=286577) BSC 7-1 1 2 2 1 1 2 2 2 3 7 1 2 2 2 3 2 E Wash 2 2 2 2 3 1 3 1 2 5 8 4 3 3 3 2.37 2.0 1.46
3 3 5 3 4 5 4 3 4 3 3 Jacksonville St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3606&s=286577) OVC 7-1 3 4 6 4 3 3 9 3 5 3 3 5 16 4 5 3 Jack St 4 3 5 4 7 8 6 2 8 3 9 11 5 2 2 4.80 4.0 2.77
5 4 3 4 3 3 3 5 3 5 4 Citadel (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1545&s=286577) SC 8-0 4 3 3 6 4 4 3 12 1 4 13 12 3 13 4 4 Citadel 13 17 21 3 10 15 1 5 4 22 1 3 4 5 7 6.45 4.0 5.37
6 9 4 5 5 4 8 9 10 10 5 Chattanooga (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7809&s=286577) SC 8-1 11 9 5 10 5 11 7 10 4 5 8 6 5 8 2 5 UT Chat 8 20 18 10 9 9 4 8 15 15 3 6 8 9 8 8.15 8.0 3.85
7 12 14 7 17 8 11 8 13 6 6 Sam Houston St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6981&s=286577) SLC 8-0 18 16 16 8 7 9 10 4 15 2 6 14 7 10 8 6 Sam Hou 11 12 10 8 25 3 5 4 13 9 5 1 2 1 1 9.07 8.0 5.29

Hopefully that helps in understanding why people believe that NDSU is #1/2 as well as EWU. The lowest for NDSU is the STATS and Coaches poll at #4 otherwise it is #1 and the occasional #2. SHSU is anywhere from 3 1s to 25. There are only 3 polls which have you at #1 compared to 25 1s for NDSU. So that is why I rarely ever use them and think that poll is utter trash. Hell even El Cid is #4

BearKatProud
November 5th, 2016, 07:21 PM
LAZ KPK ASH RUD SEL DII DOL MAS FMG HNL Rank, Team, Conf, Record KEE PGH ABC STH RTH DWI FAS DUN WIL CTW BCM DP ENG SAG RWP Rank, Team SP DCI BRN WOL DOK PTS EZ AGS BSS BAS CSL NOL RTP SNW FCP Mean Median St.Dev (http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/aboutcomp.htm#key)

1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 N Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5545&s=286577) MVFC 7-1 2 1 1 2 2 1 1 1 2 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 N Dak St 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 1 4 2 2 1 4 4 1.55 1.0 0.88

2 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 2 E Washington (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2383&s=286577) BSC 7-1 1 2 2 1 1 2 2 2 3 7 1 2 2 2 3 2 E Wash 2 2 2 2 3 1 3 1 2 5 8 4 3 3 3 2.37 2.0 1.46
3 3 5 3 4 5 4 3 4 3 3 Jacksonville St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3606&s=286577) OVC 7-1 3 4 6 4 3 3 9 3 5 3 3 5 16 4 5 3 Jack St 4 3 5 4 7 8 6 2 8 3 9 11 5 2 2 4.80 4.0 2.77
5 4 3 4 3 3 3 5 3 5 4 Citadel (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1545&s=286577) SC 8-0 4 3 3 6 4 4 3 12 1 4 13 12 3 13 4 4 Citadel 13 17 21 3 10 15 1 5 4 22 1 3 4 5 7 6.45 4.0 5.37
6 9 4 5 5 4 8 9 10 10 5 Chattanooga (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7809&s=286577) SC 8-1 11 9 5 10 5 11 7 10 4 5 8 6 5 8 2 5 UT Chat 8 20 18 10 9 9 4 8 15 15 3 6 8 9 8 8.15 8.0 3.85
7 12 14 7 17 8 11 8 13 6 6 Sam Houston St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6981&s=286577) SLC 8-0 18 16 16 8 7 9 10 4 15 2 6 14 7 10 8 6 Sam Hou 11 12 10 8 25 3 5 4 13 9 5 1 2 1 1 9.07 8.0 5.29

Hopefully that helps in understanding why people believe that NDSU is #1/2 as well as EWU. The lowest for NDSU is the STATS and Coaches poll at #4 otherwise it is #1 and the occasional #2. SHSU is anywhere from 3 1s to 25. There are only 3 polls which have you at #1 compared to 25 1s for NDSU. So that is why I rarely ever use them and think that poll is utter trash. Hell even El Cid is #4
First off, I agree on NDSU and EWU, I've said that several times. Secondly, I appreciate this info, it's really good stuff and a solid measure.

grizband
November 5th, 2016, 07:23 PM

This is exactly why polls shouldn't exist until week 4 or five...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tribefan40
November 5th, 2016, 07:36 PM
JMU is the 2 seed if they win out. Regional balance will favor the dookies, right or wrong.

blackfordpu
November 5th, 2016, 07:38 PM
This is exactly why polls shouldn't exist until week 4 or five...

No argument there.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
November 5th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I haven't mentioned Nicholls once.
You're only at post #117...with really no rep.

Once you graduate from AGS diapers to pull-ups, as well as stick around past December, you have a chance to be taken seriously.

grizband
November 5th, 2016, 07:40 PM
No argument there.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
I'm willing to bet coaches don't follow the national landscape as much as we do

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 07:41 PM
First off, I agree on NDSU and EWU, I've said that several times. Secondly, I appreciate this info, it's really good stuff and a solid measure.

That is why I get irked when fans of other teams gloat about how ndsu should not be at least a #2 at the end of the season assuming they win out.

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Last year doesn't mean a damn thing.

THIS RIGHT HERE!

Playoffs success or lack there of should have no bearing on the playoff seeding process.

Dewey

superman7515
November 5th, 2016, 07:45 PM
After today's victory, I'm dropping The Citadel lower in my poll. They needed overtime to defeat a team ranked 12 places behind them at home. So in a neutral site, Samford would be favored by 3, and at home, Samford would be favored by 6. The Citadel should be ranked one spot above Samford, who needs to win both their remaining games just to make the playoffs.

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 08:15 PM

So you guys:

Jesus, yet another fan ranking based off the History channel. Lord help me. This is why Novemberists get mocked, because they tend to use logic like this and it's embarrassing to your team and the regulars on here from your team.

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 08:18 PM

Oh god another one. So where are these coaches finding time in their week of game prep, practices, media appearances, recruiting, etc, to put effort in to a nation wide in depth ranking? Do you honestly think they do anything more than read the scores and vote? If you think the way you just stated you might as well wave a flag that says I have zero knowledge about the big picture.

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Oh god another one. So where are these coaches finding time in their week of game prep, practices, media appearances, recruiting, etc, to put effort in to a nation wide in depth ranking? Do you honestly think they do anything more than read the scores and vote? If you think the way you just stated you might as well wave a flag that says I have zero knowledge about the big picture.

They include their analysis as part of their overall weekly preparation sir. It is good to know many of the FCS coaches believe Sammy is the best team in the land, which makes many of you cry.

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 08:21 PM
They include their analysis as part of their overall weekly preparation sir. It is good to know many of the FCS coaches believe Sammy is the best team in the land, which makes many of you cry.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161106/34b3656499220283aab165a3cceea63f.jpg

Go...gate
November 5th, 2016, 08:22 PM

I'm with citdog!

ngineer
November 5th, 2016, 08:26 PM
I've had the Citadel ahead of SHSU all year. Certainly in the discussion. I have them at #3 going into this week. An impressive year so far.

CID1990
November 5th, 2016, 08:27 PM
If y'all pull off the upset against UNC (beating both Carolina flagship schools in 2 years), then yes, The Citadelshould be a top-2 seed.

I, for one AGS voter and year-round poster will be in Charleston for a playoff game (while following my Bison on the smartphone).

Dude are you the guy I used to see out on the McConnell parkway in West Ashley in the jeep with the NDSU sticker a few years back?

CID1990
November 5th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Anyone who thinks it is the coaches voting in the coaches poll and not their grad assistants (as an afterthought) is a retard

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 08:28 PM
I still have Sammy ahead of Citadel. My revised ranking is as follows:

1. Sammy
2. EWU
3. The Citadel
4. NDSU
5. UCA
6. JSU

superman7515
November 5th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Anyone who thinks it is the coaches voting in the coaches poll and not their grad assistants (as an afterthought) is a retard

Generally speaking, it's neither. It's usually the Sports Information Director.

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 08:36 PM

But but but but it says Coaches Poll. Which obviously means it's more accurate cause they know football and would never be too busy and pass the vote off on somebody else.

CID1990
November 5th, 2016, 08:36 PM

Even better

CID1990
November 5th, 2016, 08:38 PM

1. Sammy
2. EWU
3. The Citadel
4. NDSU
5. UCA
6. JSU

If they had Wofford's defense youd be right

defense wins championships. Sammy has work to do in that area and that isnt a knock on Sammy - theyd say the same thing

CappinHard
November 5th, 2016, 08:44 PM

1. Sammy
2. EWU
3. The Citadel
4. NDSU
5. UCA
6. JSU

We've discussed how stupid Sammy at #1 is, but gtfo with UCA at #5. Seriously. Just stop posting.

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 08:45 PM
If they had Wofford's defense youd be right

defense wins championships. Sammy has work to do in that area and that isnt a knock on Sammy - theyd say the same thing

+8

I have to agree with you on this sir. Well said

CID1990
November 5th, 2016, 08:59 PM
+8

I have to agree with you on this sir. Well said

i was being polite because i thought you were somehow talking about samford and didnt want to say something like, wtf is wrong with you

does what i said work for shsu?

Bucs2016
November 5th, 2016, 09:32 PM
i was being polite because i thought you were somehow talking about samford and didnt want to say something like, wtf is wrong with you

does what i said work for shsu?

As a CSU fan it hurts to say it. But Citadel should be considered possibly as #1 right now. Maybe if we take care of business at Liberty and get the Big South auto hid we will see yall at JHS.

walliver
November 5th, 2016, 10:45 PM
IF the Citadel beats UNC, they should be either #1 or #2 (functionally there is no difference). Unfortunately, UNC handily disposed of Georgia Tech, so a Citadel win is not likely. Even with a UNC loss, I would still put the Citadel in the top 4.

Personally, I think the lack of an effective passing game will hurt the dogs in the playoffs. I predict they make the round of 8, but the semis may be a stretch.

CID1990
November 6th, 2016, 06:43 AM
IF the Citadel beats UNC, they should be either #1 or #2 (functionally there is no difference). Unfortunately, UNC handily disposed of Georgia Tech, so a Citadel win is not likely. Even with a UNC loss, I would still put the Citadel in the top 4.

Personally, I think the lack of an effective passing game will hurt the dogs in the playoffs. I predict they make the round of 8, but the semis may be a stretch.

If we were playing someone like Wake Forest or UVA I'd give us a shot, but you're right about UNC- they know how to defend TO teams that can throw, so a FCS TO that can't throw shouldn't be too tough for them.

Our pass defense is more of a concern than our lack of passing ability (and we do have a little). We've already shown that we can throttle very good teams like UTC without much passing to speak of. It will probably hurt us before all is said and done, but our game plan of ball hogging and fresh legs on defense just doesn't allow for it even if we did it well. It would be less of a concern to me if we could shut down prolific passers in a balanced attack like we will certainly see in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
November 6th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Dude are you the guy I used to see out on the McConnell parkway in West Ashley in the jeep with the NDSU sticker a few years back?

No. There is a fellow alum that lives there and works for the US GAO office there. He joins us in Charlotte for watch parties occasionally and I've seen him drive a jeep.

My son & I showed up for the Mercer game last year. I drive a F-350 with my Bison flags up during the tailgate.