PDA

View Full Version : NDSU VS YSU GDT

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 02:55 PM
That is what happens when you run the ball correctly and when you bring pressure to the QB and not sit back in coverage all game!

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 02:59 PM
FG is not what I wanted to see but 10-0 is better than where I thought they would be at this point in the game.

Bison56
November 5th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Don't know why he waited so long to throw that pass, that was an easy first down.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Either the defense for NDSU finally showed up for a game in all facets or the YSU offense is actually that bad.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Yeah the YSU offense is that bad. Nice pick for Grimsley. Would have been a pick 6 had he not fallen.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 03:08 PM
YSU sure has been exposed the past few weeks.

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 03:10 PM
NDSU Looks to be in playoff mode.

17-0. 147 to go quarter 1.

Dewey

Bison56
November 5th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Can we petition to get Timmerman fired?

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 03:12 PM
NDSU Looks to be in playoff mode.

17-0. 147 to go quarter 1.

Dewey

I want to see what happens in the 2nd half to see if this can be verified or if they just cruise as usual

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Wells is down on the ground and looks to be in pain. If he goes out, would they be down to their 5th string?

dewey
Nate Tanguay's knee did not look good. Hopefully just a twisted knee.

YSU QB writhing in pain after hit by Greg Menard.

Enter the redshirt QB.

Dewey

Thumper 76
That is what happens when you run the ball correctly and when you bring pressure to the QB and not sit back in coverage all game!

Pretty easy to being the heat when you know the other team is incapable of throwing.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 03:17 PM
What happened to the YSU fans that were crowing about how great their defense was?xlolx

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 03:18 PM
End of the 1ST quarter. 17-0 NDSU looking good really good.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Gees 'Guins...ugly....

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Now imagine if NDSU could keep this up in the 2nd half and not just coast and leave the defense to dry

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 03:20 PM
What happened to the YSU fans that were crowing about how great their defense was?xlolx

Their D gave up 1 71 yard run and the offense gave NDSU the ball inside their own 20 with what turnovers. Their D has not been helped by their own at all.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Pretty easy to being the heat when you know the other team is incapable of throwing.

It just feels nice to not be complacent and look like a solid team for the first time since the Iowa game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 03:24 PM
YSU OL looking good on this drive...

- - - Updated - - -

What a tremendous trivia question!

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 03:25 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to what Bison fans have had to deal with for awhile. Its pathetic.

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 03:25 PM

- - - Updated - - -

40%?

Dewey

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Welcome to what Bison fans have had to deal with for awhile. Its pathetic.

The other team is putting a good drive together after we are leading 17-0. I swear some fans wouldn't be happy if we won 90 to 0.

NDSU is 7-1 and top 3 team I wouldn't call that pathetic.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
Yuuuge fail by YSU to be that close and only come away with 3. Big stop by the Bizon.

Bison56

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah don't you love those? I'm waiting to find out how much cow **** do you need to cover an acre?

TheKingpin28
The other team is putting a good drive together after we are leading 17-0. I swear some fans wouldn't be happy if we won 90 to 0.

Dewey

I was referring to the trivia question, not the drive. But believe what you want.

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 03:29 PM
NDSU leads 17-3 early in the 2nd quarter.

Good drive by Youngstown State to stem the huge momentum that NDSU had and give their D a break.

Dewey

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 03:30 PM
I was referring to the trivia question, not the drive. But believe what you want.

My apologies. I thought you meant the game.

Too much time for me on Bisonville.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Boom!! 0%!!

...now back to the game...

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Nate Tanguay is on the side with an ice on his left knee. They didn't day what exactly it is but it doesn't sound good.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 03:35 PM
My apologies. I thought you meant the game.

Dewey

If you have seen any of my posts about this season, I am shocked they are 7-1 and just glad they are holding on to some of these games and need to shake up either their OC or DC. Also they need to pull their head out of their asses eventually, so I am way more than satisfied that they are looking solid in all facets of the game.

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 03:35 PM
What a terrible decision by Stick to throw that one. That could have been disastrous.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Umpire is out of the game with possible concussion. Line holdings might be easier to come by.

And how does Stick underthrow that? He had 6 points on lock had he thrown it to Shepherd.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Umpire is out of the game with possible concussion. Line holdings might be easier to come by.

And how does Stick underthrow that? He had 6 points on lock had he thrown it to Shepherd.

Scratch that. NDSU doctor and medical staff has cleared him of a possible concussion.

Bison56
November 5th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Stick needs to play with some confidence, seems scared to throw the ball.

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Stick needs to play with some confidence, seems scared to throw the ball.

Kind of reminds me of Jensen during the later part of the 2012 season.

Dewey

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Terrible throw by Stick, the game is 24-3 with any kind of throw at all. We will figure out a way to keep YSU in the game. We are a banged up football team with very little swagger at this point.

Schism55
November 5th, 2016, 04:18 PM
I really hope Tanguay injury isn't serious, but it sure looks like it is xbawlingx. He's completely dominated last 2 games.
Injuries, penalties and mental mistakes continue to haunt ye olde Bison.

Drblankstare
November 5th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Losing Tanguey is tough for this defense, just like losing Deluca was but they have been a resilient group. We'll see

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure what TOP is but YSU has the ball every time I put the stream on...

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure what TOP is but YSU has the ball every time I put the stream on...

NDSUs 2nd half offense reappeared today and it looks ugly

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 04:44 PM
We don't deserve a 4 spot in that poll, I am sorry but it is true. This is not a good football team. Can't ****ing tackle a QB that appears to run about 6.0 40 yard dash

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 04:47 PM
YSU knocking on the door again....but will likely settle for a FG...

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Well, it is better to be lucky than good I guess, nice kick. Need a bunch of first downs here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 04:49 PM
YSU has been inside the NDSU 10 at least 3x and has 3 points....

Bison56
November 5th, 2016, 04:50 PM
My guess in this drive
Pass
Timmerman says something stupid
Outside run
Pass
Punt

Should have added a couple dumb penalties also.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Once again, NDSU, plays to their competition and not their potential. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they are winning, but come on. The 1st Quarter was a beaut and now they are reverting to their 2016 ways.

POD Knows
Another ****ing penalty, useless, utterly ****ing useless.

ytownchief22
Starting FG kicker is hurt. That was a backup safety trying to kick a FG lol. Dear lord. Defense can't save this team forever. Offense is such a joke.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Starting FG kicker is hurt. That was a backup safety trying to kick a FG lol. Dear lord. Defense can't save this team forever. Offense is such a joke.
I can relate. xbawlingx

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 04:53 PM

YSU can't finish but they are pushing the Bison around.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 04:53 PM

The offense has moved the ball though. It's simply the red zone O. 17-9 is a one possession game...

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 04:54 PM
My guess in this drive
Pass
Outside run
Pass
Punt

You forgot to insert penalty, why does a person block somebody when you can see the back of his jersey, somebody explain this to me.

ytownchief22
November 5th, 2016, 04:54 PM
It's been like this all year. Offense can't sniff a TD. If the defense or special teams doesn't score its a loss.

Bison56
November 5th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Guess I was wrong

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Finally a few good plays in a row.

Dewey

Bison56
November 5th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Finally a few good plays in a row.

Dewey

Nice drive, not sure if YSU gas mailed it in, but it was fun to watch.

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Nice, tough run by Dunn,

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 04:59 PM
That should put YSU out their misery! TD Bison!

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Touchdown!

Good run by Dunn and great second effort.

Play under review.

If NDSU can just a few more of those drives we could be National Title good again.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 05:00 PM
So that is what a 2nd half TD on offense looks like. That felt weird to see our offense do well. Now lets sustain the momentum on both ends or the ball.

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 05:05 PM
God for ****ty tackling by NDSU

Bison56
November 5th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Nice tackling, need to wrap up.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 05:06 PM
'Guins back in NDSU territory....

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 05:06 PM
And there is that defense with no safety help over the top

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 05:07 PM
PLAY SOME ****ING DEFENSE, and don't tell me that they only have three points, that is a fluke, they have been ass ****ing our D all day.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 05:07 PM
YSU at the Bison 1...lol. This is crazy...

Schism55
November 5th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Can ndsu play any game where they don't give their fans 27 ulcers? I guess not xcoolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
PLAY SOME ****ING DEFENSE, and don't tell me that they only have three points, that is a fluke, they have been ass ****ing our D all day.

This game should be MUCH closer than it is. Credit NDSU's red zone D but YSU hasn't helped themselves....

TheKingpin28
And YSU just got lucky by not turning it over at the goalline.

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Another lucky break on the fumbled snap.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Wimbush just about redeemed himself but could not maintain possession throughout the catch

- - - Updated - - -

And they came up about 1 foot short from scoring. Lucky stand by the Bison. Pelini needs his cat badly.

ytownchief22
November 5th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Such an inept piss poor offense. Can we leave Montgomery in Fargo ? PISS POOR!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 05:13 PM
YSU out does themselves. 1st and goal at the 1 and no points again...lol

ytownchief22
November 5th, 2016, 05:14 PM
I hate this offense. Hate it.

dewey
Big stand by NDSU. The YSU receiver caught it at the 1 and got tackled just short of the goal line on 4th and goal.

NDSU 24
YSU 3

926 to go in the 4th

The play was reviewed and call stands.

Dewey

Schism55
Great stand by the Bison D, give credit where it is due.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Great stand by the Bison D, give credit where it is due.

Definitely credit but once they fumbled that snap you knew they were doomed....

Schism55
November 5th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Bo well behaved today. Xanax smoothie before kickoff? xdrunkyx

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 05:17 PM
I hate this offense. Hate it.

Boy if you guys had an average offense with that D you guys could be scary good. Losing quarterback after quarterback sucks.

Dewey

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Great run by Stick, nice ****ing penalty.

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Big reversal of the play action roll out by Stick.

1ST down NDSU.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Boy if you guys had an average offense with that D you guys could be scary good. Losing quarterback after quarterback sucks.

Dewey

It's not like YSU is going 3 and out and are a complete mess. They move the ball, they convert on 4th downs, they generate big plays but they can't score...

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 05:24 PM
It's not like YSU is going 3 and out and are a complete mess. They move the ball, they convert on 4th downs, they generate big plays but they can't score...

Agreed. If their O hadn't had 2 early turnovers and not made a complete mess of that last drive this game is certainly much closer.

Plus the 2 field goal misses.

Dewey

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Good drive by NDSU here grinding YSU down.

Dang nice play by the YSU linebacker taking on the block and making a stop for a loss.

Good 40 yard or so drive that took 4 plus minutes off the clock.

Dewey

ytownchief22
November 5th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Oh well. Best of luck moving forward Bison. Let's hope the Guins can win these next 2 games and sneak into the playoffs.

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Oh well. Best of luck moving forward Bison. Let's hope the Guins can win these next 2 games and sneak into the playoffs.

Best of luck to you guys as wrll. Hopefully you guys can find some offense the last 2 games and get into the playoffs.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Best of luck to you guys as wrll. Hopefully you guys can find some offense the last 2 games and get into the playoffs.

Dewey

SIU is taking care of 'Yotes right now. Next week will not be easy for YSU....

IBleedYellow
November 5th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Bison win 24-3. Shake some bad mojo off and we're sitting happy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Schism55
November 5th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Good luck Penguins!
Hope you guys can end the playoff drought this year. You guys play a TON of seniors.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 05:39 PM
That Penguin D was solid and if you could get an offense that converts as well as a Kicker that is not injured and can make chip shots, no reason not to believe you are a top 15 team.

The Yo Show
November 5th, 2016, 05:42 PM
It's really hard on a defense when an offense doesn't produce and leaves them out against a grinder team like that. Defense got tired from being out on the field all game. When your offense does so bad, it's a miracle the score wasn't worse. Still think we have a good defense

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2016, 05:52 PM
It's really hard on a defense when an offense doesn't produce and leaves them out against a grinder team like that. Defense got tired from being out on the field all game. When your offense does so bad, it's a miracle the score wasn't worse. Still think we have a good defense
Actually YSU did a great job controlling the football. They had 35 minutes TOP and they had 31 going into the 4th quarter.

This game was closer than the score indicated but its encouraging as a Bison fan to win this comfortably against a good opponent despite not tackling all that well defensively and doing next to nothing in the passing game. Averaging 7+ yards per rush is a spectacular effort against that YSU defense though.

Bisonator
November 5th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Actually YSU did a great job controlling the football. They had 35 minutes TOP and they had 31 going into the 4th quarter.

This game was closer than the score indicated but its encouraging as a Bison fan to win this comfortably against a good opponent despite not tackling all that well defensively and doing next to nothing in the passing game. Averaging 7+ yards per rush is a spectacular effort against that YSU defense though.
This. Aside from a couple big rushing plays by NDSU, YSU controlled the game just couldn't finish drives. If they score on some of those it's an entirely different game but credit the Bison D for keeping them out of the endzone. PC is correct our tackling was atrocious in the open field again, really need to work on it. I think if YSU had a decent QB they'd be a scary team.

Twentysix
November 5th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Good luck going forward ysu.

POD Knows
November 5th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Good luck to YSU going forward, you guys have a lot of tools on offense to be that inconsistent. Game seemed closer than the score.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Hmm, seems like you guys didn't accept that answer from UNI fans. xlolx

Schism55
November 5th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Hmm, seems like you guys didn't accept that answer from UNI fans. xlolx
LOL @ your avatar change. Well done sir.

Bisonwinagn
November 5th, 2016, 07:36 PM
Some of you Bison fans need to go kill yourself. You're a complete waste of space and all the negative bull**** needs to end. Grow up or shoot yourself. Both are justified.

BisonFan02
November 5th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Some of you Bison fans need to go kill yourself. You're a complete waste of space and all the negative bull**** needs to end. Grow up or shoot yourself. Both are justified.

Oh, calm down and take some ludes.

centennial
November 5th, 2016, 07:38 PM
The **** are you talking about?

BisonFan02
November 5th, 2016, 07:42 PM

Shooting yourself and said justification. xlolx

Bisonwinagn
November 5th, 2016, 07:45 PM

Talking directly to POD and others who can't go 2 ****ing minutes without bitching and complaining about every little thing. If NDSU doesn't win by 80 points they are the worst to ever play football and the team to just fold up and close down the program. How about relaxing and enjoying the game for once it's a lot more fun that way.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 07:46 PM

Uh what?

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Talking directly to POD and others who can't go 2 ****ing minutes without bitching and complaining about every little thing. If NDSU doesn't win by 80 points they are the worst to ever play football and the team to just fold up and close down the program. How about relaxing and enjoying the game for once it's a lot more fun that way.

You clearly do not watch the game then? Do you realize how lucky NDSU got? We should have lost. They had 4 times to get 28 points and they left with 3 points due to their own mess ups. NDSU should have lost and if you do not see that, then you need to take the green and gold glasses off. I am just glad they crapped the bed when they did since this was an ugly game outside the 1st Quarter and 1 offensive drive in the 2nd half for the offense and the defense was not bad and had glimpses of that playoff defense Bison fans are used to seeing, but going up against YSU offense is like having the 1977 Tampa Bay Offense go up against a top 15 Defense in the NFL

Bison56
November 5th, 2016, 07:51 PM

Gfy tough guy

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2016, 07:57 PM
You clearly do not watch the game then? Do you realize how lucky NDSU got? We should have lost. They had 4 times to get 28 points and they left with 3 points due to their own mess ups. NDSU should have lost and if you do not see that, then you need to take the green and gold glasses off. I am just glad they crapped the bed when they did since this was an ugly game outside the 1st Quarter and 1 offensive drive in the 2nd half for the offense and the defense was not bad and had glimpses of that playoff defense Bison fans are used to seeing, but going up against YSU offense is like having the 1977 Tampa Bay Offense go up against a top 15 Defense in the NFL
That's a pretty silly take man. Should have lost? No. Should've been closer? Yes.

Give credit to the Bison defense for bowing up in the red zone and give credit to the offense for making the most of their scoring chances. That's what good teams do.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 08:04 PM
That's a pretty silly take man. Should have lost? No. Should've been closer? Yes.

Give credit to the Bison defense for bowing up in the red zone and give credit to the offense for making the most of their scoring chances. That's what good teams do.

YSU shot themselves in the foot. I do not know how they won, but that defense is looking better, but the offense played to their competition.

dewey
November 5th, 2016, 08:07 PM

Agreed.

Dewey

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 08:09 PM
good win for the Bizon

Bisonwinagn
November 5th, 2016, 08:11 PM
YSU shot themselves in the foot. I do not know how they won, but that defense is looking better, but the offense played to their competition.

What does playing to the competition even mean? According to you NDSU is the 75 worst team in the league. So are you saying they are playing up to the competition each week? You can't have it both ways!!!!

penguinpower
November 5th, 2016, 08:15 PM
I knew YSU wouldn't win. They was only the second start for the QB who was with the scout team and preparing to transfer. It takes a lot of reps to get timing with receivers etc. Two games is not enough, especially factoring in all the noise in the dome. No excuses, but if we had a QB YSU would probably be hard to stop. Paired with a decent defense and we would be a top 10 team. I think as the few more weeks roll of he will get better. Hopefully. Bison can win the NC again. Great team as always.

penguinpower
November 5th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Also, I hear that the starting QB has a bad head injury. Not sure if he will be back. He played like he had one too (at least since the WVU game)

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 08:42 PM
What does playing to the competition even mean? According to you NDSU is the 75 worst team in the league. So are you saying they are playing up to the competition each week? You can't have it both ways!!!!

I never once said they are the 75 worst team in the league, but put words in my mouth. NDSU plays to their competitions abilities, not to their own. Look at EWU, Iowa, and UNI. Every game they have played the offense matches the other teams offense in terms of potency and the defense plays relaxed and lets the QB have all the time in the world. This was the first game since the I believe ISUr and Iowa that NDSU's defense applied pressure and forced them into situations they did not want to be which led to turnovers. I get it, that my opinion is not Bisonville approved, but sometimes the truth hurts, and the fans that are too blind to see it, will have their dreams and hopes dashed if and when NDSU finally loses again in the playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 08:48 PM

STFU dip****!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Back after the game:

- It must be Entz and Klieman's philosophy this year for the defense. Stay in base Tampa-2 for 90% of the game and keep everything in front of you. Bend but don't break. They brought pressure a few times and it worked every time for a loss of yardage, sack or no gain.

- ES looks like he has lost confidence. The passing game has been pretty sketchy the last 3 weeks. Balls sail, are low or under thrown. He needs to have some more designed runs. When they call them, he gets good yardage.

- Tanguay's knee looked bad on the replay. Hopefully he's not out long. The DL is deep and Morgan played really well along with Steidl.

- Chase looked good running away from the YSU defense....xthumbsupx

- Kicking and punting teams were really good today.

- Decent effort by the Bison. Would be nice to see the offense more consistent but they are 8-1....xthumbsupx

Drblankstare
November 5th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Gotta be honest guys, the gnashing of teeth and tearing of clothes that some Bison fans go through after a win really baffles me. This is a good team, not a great one, not a perfect one. All that said, 8-1 against the best this level can throw at them.

Enjoy the win boys

The Pud
November 5th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Gotta be honest guys, the gnashing of teeth and tearing of clothes that some Bison fans go through after a win really baffles me. This is a good team, not a great one, not a perfect one. All that said, 8-1 against the best this level can throw at them.

Enjoy the win boys
relax big guy, NDSU will make it to the natty and probably win it all again. No worries. Just sit back and enjoy the ride

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2016, 09:11 PM
You're not seeing the forest through the trees me-boy. The Bison put up 240 rush yards at 7.5 ypc on a defense giving up 103 yards per game at 3 ypc so far this year. This win was not an accident for NDSU.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 09:35 PM
You're not seeing the forest through the trees me-boy. The Bison put up 240 rush yards at 7.5 ypc on a defense giving up 103 yards per game at 3 ypc so far this year. This win was not an accident for NDSU.

One rush for 71 yards so take that away and that is 139 and take away Easton's 37 yard rush and they are 1 yard short of their average. Also, when your starting QB goes 6/12 for 89 yards and 1 TD and 1 INT, that is not good, especially when is confidence is clearly broken. Point being, NDSU did not play to their potential once again, and they got lucky by having YSUs defense have to try and carry the offense as well as carry their own load. YSU is beyond 1 dimensional, it is try and not go to a 6th string QB and pray the November collapse does not happen. Again, I know my opinion does not have the Bisonville stamp of approval or the green and gold glasses slant, but I call them as I see them, and unfortunately, it does not bode well for the Bison in the long run.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 09:38 PM
One rush for 71 yards so take that away and that is 139 and take away Easton's 37 yard rush and they are 1 yard short of their average. Also, when your starting QB goes 6/12 for 89 yards and 1 TD and 1 INT, that is not good, especially when is confidence is clearly broken. Point being, NDSU did not play to their potential once again, and they got lucky by having YSUs defense have to try and carry the offense as well as carry their own load. YSU is beyond 1 dimensional, it is try and not go to a 6th string QB and pray the November collapse does not happen. Again, I know my opinion does not have the Bisonville stamp of approval or the green and gold glasses slant, but I call them as I see them, and unfortunately, it does not bode well for the Bison in the long run.

yes, there are issues but the Bison are still 8-1 with 2 very winnable games. They control their own destiny.....well, we'll see what the committee does if they win out.

Point is that good teams find ways to win.....and you have to admit the Bison are doing that.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 09:47 PM
yes, there are issues but the Bison are still 8-1 with 2 very winnable games. They control their own destiny.....well, we'll see what the committee does if they win out.

Point is that good teams find ways to win.....and you have to admit the Bison are doing that.

I wont argue that point, but to say they are good, is very subjective. I know what I have seen, and it reminds me too much of the 2012 team. They get the job done, but after that, are they really as good as us Bison fans want to believe, or are they dropping the ball and other teams are dropping the ball harder? As I have said before and will continue to reiterate, anyone who thinks we are as good as any of the other teams, outside 12, and wants to spin it to fit the narrative will be in for a world of hurt if an when the Bison lose in the playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 09:51 PM
I wont argue that point, but to say they are good, is very subjective. I know what I have seen, and it reminds me too much of the 2012 team. They get the job done, but after that, are they really as good as us Bison fans want to believe, or are they dropping the ball and other teams are dropping the ball harder? As I have said before and will continue to reiterate, anyone who thinks we are as good as any of the other teams, outside 12, and wants to spin it to fit the narrative will be in for a world of hurt if an when the Bison lose in the playoffs.

We don't know how good they could be....still 2 games left and playoffs games.

The offense is definitely frustrating to watch at times but special teams and the defense have been really good lately.

The offense will get it together.....think glass 1/2 full.....xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
November 5th, 2016, 09:54 PM

That is absolutely a worthless point. So if they would have taken 6 plays to gain that 71 it would have been better? xflaggedx

BisonFan02
November 5th, 2016, 09:55 PM
The Tanguay injury has me nervous.....the Bison have largely been able to weather the injury bug during this run (outside of some of the obvious ones like Wentz, Olson, Beck, Perry, etc), but they are starting to pile up now....depth concerns.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 09:57 PM
The Tanguay injury has me nervous.....the Bison have largely been able to weather the injury bug during this run (outside of some of the obvious ones like Wentz, Olson, Beck, Perry, etc), but they are starting to pile up now....depth concerns.

Ya, a lot of them.

I think King and Bruce will be back next week. Morgan filled in pretty well when Nate went out. The DL is insanely deep this year. Hopefully it is only a twisted knee...it looked ugly on the replay.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 09:59 PM
We don't know how good they could be....still 2 games left and playoffs games.

The offense is definitely frustrating to watch at times but special teams and the defense have been really good lately.

The offense will get it together.....think glass 1/2 full.....xthumbsupx

I desperately want to so bad, but it is just so hard when every game besides ISUr and to a lesser extent, this past game, have gone down to the wire and not been traditionally what we as Bison fans are used to seeing. If they show consistency, in all 3 aspects of the game and limit the penalties, I will be so much more relieved but alas, I am still not sold on this being a Fargo South team yet. They show me that the offense can play to its potential against middle of the road valley teams and that Tanguay wont miss playoff football, then I will be sold on this being a Fargo South team.

BisonFan02
November 5th, 2016, 09:59 PM
Ya, a lot of them.

I think King and Bruce will be back next week. Morgan filled in pretty well when Nate went out. The DL is insanely deep this year. Hopefully it is only a twisted knee...it looked ugly on the replay.

It didn't look any better in person....he was in some serious pain before being tended to.

FargoBison
November 5th, 2016, 10:01 PM
We'll see a slightly different offense in the playoffs, the coaches will be more willing to run Stick and that will help him.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 10:03 PM
It didn't look any better in person....he was in some serious pain before being tended to.

I didn't see it in the stands but on the video board replay, it hurt my knee watching it....xsmhx

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 10:04 PM
That is absolutely a worthless point. So if they would have taken 6 plays to gain that 71 it would have been better? xflaggedx

Consistency. All I want to see is consistency and not just get that one big play per game but have that consistency like the NDSU vs SHSU game where Polasek said "Run the damn ball" and they were able to run power A gap football every play for about 8 in a row and just punish the other teams defense. But yes, 6 to gain 71 is better than 1 to get 71.

Think of the Columbus Blue Jackets VS Montreal Canadiens. Is giving up 10 goals on 40 shots indicative of a goalie who averaged a 955 save percentage and a 1.3 GAA for the 1st 4 games of the season? Its the same concept as the YSU defense. They give up 2 bad plays, and it throws their averages completely off in a way that makes them look pathetic at best. And yes, on offense they are pathetic but the box score is not a fair assessment of the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 10:04 PM
We'll see a slightly different offense in the playoffs, the coaches will be more willing to run Stick and that will help him.

That works almost every time they use it. It really keeps defenses guessing.

Drblankstare
November 5th, 2016, 10:08 PM

They say in baseball, you need to be strong up the middle. Catcher, SS and CF. I believe the analogy works the same for football. Dline, Mlb and Safety. Losing Tanguay and Deluca in the same season is troubling

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Yeah, but you can't take those away because they happened. Take away the sacks that Stick took or the runs for loss and the average goes up. That's one of my pet peeves for excuses when people act like big plays shouldn't count when calculating averages. YSU's average rush yards allowed per game and per carry showed this year that they just don't give up those big plays... but the Bison did it today.

Stick did not play well again today. That is concerning. What isn't concerning and is, in fact, encouraging is despite that the team still won comfortably. YSU left points on the field because the Bison defense outplayed them near the end zone. That's a very good trait for a defense to have and they've had a knack for doing that all year. There comes a point where you can't just call it "luck" anymore.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Yeah, but you can't take those away because they happened. Take away the sacks that Stick took or the runs for loss and the average goes up. That's one of my pet peeves for excuses when people act like big plays shouldn't count when calculating averages. YSU's average rush yards allowed per game and per carry showed this year that they just don't give up those big plays... but the Bison did it today.

Stick did not play well again today. That is concerning. What isn't concerning and is, in fact, encouraging is despite that the team still won comfortably. YSU left points on the field because the Bison defense outplayed them near the end zone. That's a very good trait for a defense to have and they've had a knack for doing that all year. There comes a point where you can't just call it "luck" anymore.

But there is a point when the green and gold glasses need to come off and we need to realize this team is not as good as we are making them to be. Do I believe they showed promise and that is excellent to see, yes, but again, I want to see consistency and once I do, I will have no problem being wrong and I hope I am wrong, but I currently do not see it. YSU left points on the field by their own miscues, lack of a QB, their PK missed a kick and then got injured so their "back-up" shanked another one, and they fumbled a perfect chance at the goal line which led to an eventual turnover later in the drive. So there has to be some give and take when analyzing this game, but when Entz brought pressure: IT WORKED! What a surprise that attacking the QB with more than 4 could create turnovers? Who knew? Again, this defense looks like they might have turned a corner (sans the big play which they just seem to give up 1-2x a game) and if the offense can be consistent on putting points up and/or sustaining drives, then there is some promise. But with Tanguay out, that could be a blow that the Bison might not be able to overcome.

I really am trying to see the glass half full but when objectively analyzing the game, there are some big miscues and some issues that pop up and those cannot be ignored

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2016, 10:53 PM
But there is a point when the green and gold glasses need to come off and we need to realize this team is not as good as we are making them to be. Do I believe they showed promise and that is excellent to see, yes, but again, I want to see consistency and once I do, I will have no problem being wrong and I hope I am wrong, but I currently do not see it. YSU left points on the field by their own miscues, lack of a QB, their PK missed a kick and then got injured so their "back-up" shanked another one, and they fumbled a perfect chance at the goal line which led to an eventual turnover later in the drive. So there has to be some give and take when analyzing this game, but when Entz brought pressure: IT WORKED! What a surprise that attacking the QB with more than 4 could create turnovers? Who knew? Again, this defense looks like they might have turned a corner (sans the big play which they just seem to give up 1-2x a game) and if the offense can be consistent on putting points up and/or sustaining drives, then there is some promise. But with Tanguay out, that could be a blow that the Bison might not be able to overcome.

I really am trying to see the glass half full but when objectively analyzing the game, there are some big miscues and some issues that pop up and those cannot be ignored
How good are we making them out to be? Given the schedule and the results I think this Bison team is one of the two best FCS teams in the country this year. If that makes me a homer with green and gold glasses so be it.

I don't hold any delusions of grandeur that this team is going to waltz to title #6 just because of the letters on the front of their jersey. The point I'm making is there shouldn't be such a rush to sound the alarm when the Bison go out a beat a good senior-laden team by 21 points. NDSU made the most of their opportunity to score and YSU made the least of it. This isn't an anomaly. This Bison team has done it all year. However, it's an imperfect team with deficiencies just like every championship Bison team have had since 2011. The ability to overcome those deficiencies but still win is a trait this Bison team shares with those teams. I'm sorry I'm so optimistic. Feel free to proceed with pointing out the doom and gloom, I'll leave you to it.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 11:00 PM
How good are we making them out to be? Given the schedule and the results I think this Bison team is one of the two best FCS teams in the country this year. If that makes me a homer with green and gold glasses so be it.

I don't hold any illusions of grandeur that this team is going to waltz to title #6 just because of the letters on the front of their jersey. The point I'm making is there shouldn't be such a rush to sound the alarm when the Bison go out a beat a good senior-laden team by 21 points. NDSU made the most of their opportunity to score and YSU made the least of it. This isn't an anomaly. This Bison team has done it all year. However, it's an imperfect team with deficiencies just like every championship Bison team have had since 2011. The ability to overcome those deficiencies but still win is a trait this Bison team shares with those teams. I'm sorry I'm so optimistic. Feel free to proceed with pointing out the doom and gloom, I'll leave you to it.

I completely agree with that part and I have posted multiple times this team belongs in either the #1 or #2 seed, hell I even have them at #2 in my poll for the last 3 weeks I believe? The overall point I am trying to make is that this team gets lucky and eventually it is going to run out and that some Bison fans will not accept it. Until they can shore up their main issues, I just see stuff to point out but if they get consistent on both sides of the ball (STs are perfectly fine), Stick gets his confidence back, and Tanguay's injury is not serious, I will believe that no one will be able to stop them and that includes the overlords at SHSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 11:02 PM
28: Get some sleep, you get another hour tonight...xnodx

This team is getting better. Offense needs to improve but hey, they are 8-1!!

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 11:22 PM
28: Get some sleep, you get another hour tonight...xnodx

This team is getting better. Offense needs to improve but hey, they are 8-1!!

Capstone work and CFB is a horrible mix for me especially when there is Jack Daniels involved.

penguinpower
November 6th, 2016, 05:55 AM
http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/nov/06/offensive-woes-continue-as-penguins-fall/?newswatch&mobile

Southern Bison
November 6th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Capstone work and CFB is a horrible mix for me especially when there is Jack Daniels involved.
So you're a Construction Management major? Say Hi to Ingrid for me! She's the best person in the dept.!!

Kingpin, you are still in your early 20s and have really enjoyed the past 5 years of Bison football. I'm a little jealous of you young guys still on campus. There are many of us on here that lived through the Babich era when the team couldn't win the Nickel or important games and consistently missed the D2 playoffs.

Bisonwinagn may have phrased it poorly but he has a good point. The 2016 team is not any of the previous 5 ring-winning teams. They have a different style on both offense & defense. Some of the Bison fans, however, have become spoiled by the past 5 seasons and are "picking the fly specks out of the pepper" on a 2016 team that still has as many wins this season as 3 other years (& more than 2015) in this run.

For a few seasons now, I've read (& typed myself) that the rest of the MVFC/FCS" to quit complaining and get better to challenge us"...perhaps they are.

I, as one Bison fan, see some differences & have some concerns in this team from seasons past...but in the end, they are winning games & will be in the playoffs again with 2 or 3 home games in Fargo.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
November 6th, 2016, 10:21 AM
So you're a Construction Management major? Say Hi to Ingrid for me! She's the best person in the dept.!!

Kingpin, you are still in your early 20s and have really enjoyed the past 5 years of Bison football. I'm a little jealous of you young guys still on campus. There are many of us on here that lived through the Babich era when the team couldn't win the Nickel or important games and consistently missed the D2 playoffs.

Bisonwinagn may have phrased it poorly but he has a good point. The 2016 team is not any of the previous 5 ring-winning teams. They have a different style on both offense & defense. Some of the Bison fans, however, have become spoiled by the past 5 seasons and are "picking the fly specks out of the pepper" on a 2016 team that still has as many wins this season as 3 other years (& more than 2015) in this run.

For a few seasons now, I've read (& typed myself) that the rest of the MVFC/FCS" to quit complaining and get better to challenge us"...perhaps they are.

I, as one Bison fan, see some differences & have some concerns in this team from seasons past...but in the end, they are winning games & will be in the playoffs again with 2 or 3 home games in Fargo.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I toured NDSU during the 09 season and started in the fall of 2010 so this is my 7th year. I took 2 years or so off to work on cutting debt and now I have it at about 7,000. I am not in CME. I am finishing my history degree with a minor in religious studies and business. I plan on going into international trade and that is why I took the classes that I did. I was also a DECA student and won my State Championship with an offer to go to Nationals, but I turned it down due to what I thought were more important reasons back in my senior year of high school. But I have made decisions that have become beneficial to me, and it sounds like my capstone paper has a good chance of being read at a grand public reading since I bring forth information that will revolutionize the way people view artillery warfare in the Dakota War of 1863-1865. I have enough connections at Bobcat to do sales there for a starter job (my old roommate from my 3rd year, his grandfather founded the company and he said there is a spot there is if I am interested in ever working there).

My mother grew up in Fergus Falls so she remembers the "good" MSUM 80s teams and the heartbreak of the Bison teams under Babich. I grew up hearing about what happened for Bison and Dragon games and how after both games she would join her brother (long snapper for MSUM) and her soon to be brother in law (Place Kicker for MSUM, who was engaged to her sister), at the OB and drink the pain away and celebrate MSUM for not being a dumpster fire.

I traveled to the Cheney game my freshman year and stayed with my aunt and uncle (long snapper) in Spokane and sat in their season seats and had my heart broken on a field that no one should have to bear witness to. Then the following year, I traveled to Frisco for the 1st title and got to stand right next to Bohl as he was being interview by the babe from ESPN. (Got some nice shots too of her, the team, the field, and the championship celebration). I have seen the highs of 2013 and the lows of Jose Mohler in 09 and part of 10 and then going to Brock Jensen and thinking "Can life get any better than this?"

ysubigred
November 7th, 2016, 08:50 AM
NDSU is head and shoulders above the rest of the MVFC!! Great game and your kids play the game of football right!! Your coach's are class acts and I wish you all the best for #6

YBR

Bisonator
November 7th, 2016, 09:47 AM
NDSU is head and shoulders above the rest of the MVFC!! Great game and your kids play the game of football right!! Your coach's are class acts and I wish you all the best for #6

YBR
I was shocked to see a softer, gentler side of Bo this week end. What the hell happened? Is he auditioning??

Thumper 76
November 7th, 2016, 10:02 AM
NDSU is head and shoulders above the rest of the MVFC!!

YBR

xlolx really? You do realize that SDSU held your offense much more in check and coasted most of the game, with your only td being in garbage time right? And that SDSU beat NDSU in Fargo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator
November 7th, 2016, 10:06 AM
xlolx really? You do realize that SDSU held your offense much more in check and coasted most of the game, with your only td being in garbage time right? And that SDSU beat NDSU in Fargo?

SDSU also stepped on their dicks as usual. NDSU always loses a close game at home. It was your year, congrats! Now go away until round 2 of the PO's. :D

November 7th, 2016, 10:19 AM
I was shocked to see a softer, gentler side of Bo this week end. What the hell happened? Is he auditioning??

A Major prescription for tranquilizers could explain it.

ysubigred
November 7th, 2016, 10:25 AM

Sorry T76 but I just call em' as I see em'. I believe a SDSU NDSU rematch would not look as good for the bunnies xpeacex

ysubigred
November 7th, 2016, 10:26 AM

No he got a case of Tresselitus xrolleyesx

Thumper 76
November 7th, 2016, 10:47 AM
SDSU also stepped on their dicks as usual. NDSU always loses a close game at home. It was your year, congrats! Now go away until round 2 of the PO's. :D
Yep, we did. Still hold the tiebreaker though ;)

Sorry T76 but I just call em' as I see em'. I believe a SDSU NDSU rematch would not look as good for the bunnies xpeacex

Yeah I love it when facts show something different so people have to fall on the "eye test" and such xlolx

Also, not sure why people feel that a second matchup would be massively different. If anything it would look like the score would be worse than better for NDSU having an injured Tanguay. Offensively the Bison might do much better, but I have a hard time seeing a team that was inside the 5 yard line four times being held to a small amount of offensive production, that and I doubt SDSU goes from 520+ yards to being held to nothing. It would likely be a close game again but I highly doubt that it would magically turn into a blow out for NDSU out of the blue.

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Yep, we did. Still hold the tiebreaker though ;)

Yeah I love it when facts show something different so people have to fall on the "eye test" and such xlolx

Also, not sure why people feel that a second matchup would be massively different. If anything it would look like the score would be worse than better for NDSU having an injured Tanguay. Offensively the Bison might do much better, but I have a hard time seeing a team that was inside the 5 yard line four times being held to a small amount of offensive production, that and I doubt SDSU goes from 520+ yards to being held to nothing. It would likely be a close game again but I highly doubt that it would magically turn into a blow out for NDSU out of the blue.

It's hard to beat the Bison twice in the same year.

Ask Montana.

Thumper 76
November 7th, 2016, 11:18 AM
It's hard to beat the Bison twice in the same year.

Ask Montana.

Not the same situation and you know it xrotatex

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Not the same situation and you know it xrotatex

Or basically exactly the same...?

Thumper 76
November 7th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Or basically exactly the same...?

Or not, but bison fans will convince themselves it is.

1) Montana games were a full season apart and the Bison D was a completely different animal from game one. SDSU game one this year was midsession against a Bison defense that was healthier than it looks like they will be in a second game

2) Montana had a new coaching staff the NDSU had no film on, and couldn't game plan as well as they usually do because of that. NDSU had half a seasons worth of film on SDSU coming into this game, plus the ridiculous amount these two have played each other over the last five years.

3) The first Montana game was in Missoula, and the second game was their first trip to Fargo, which is usually a disaster for teams in the playoffs. SDSU game was in Fargo.

4) Montana game was the first game of the season, so the Bison didn't know how their team would defend the type of offense Montana threw at them. The SDSU game at mid season was after NDSU played EWU earlier who has a similar philosophy offensively to SDSU this year. They knew what was coming and what their defense was and was not capable of.

5) NDSU was missing CJ Smith for the first Montana game. That was a big deal against a passing team like UM. If anything it appears that in a second Jacks matchup this year the Bison D will be missing another stud in Tanguay if the news is bad on his knee.

Look, Bison fans all point at games like this one with YSU and go "SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE BRING PRESSURE!" The reality is you guys have a great defensive coaching staff. They didn't just get dumb all of a sudden after five years of incredible defenses. There is a reason they don't bring pressure against top end passing teams like they used to. Likely the fact that you don't have NFL caliber cbs on the outside to be able to put on an island against stud receivers. The philosophy has obviously changed to a bend but don't break thought process. That's just making a game plan that best fits your team. If your corners are your weak spot the last thing you want is them on an island against a good passing team, especially one known for their deep passing attack. That's begging to get gashed for long td after long td, especially against a mobile qb who likely would be able to buy time when faced with pressure. I doubt Klieman is completely ignorant of the defensive game plan and has zero input on the process, and he's regularly credited by Bison fans as the architect of the Bisons defensive dominance. So to go and say well we will just bring pressure the next game cause we will have learned our lesson isn't really that accurate. Is it possible, sure. You would think that a really good defensive staff would know what their best defensive game plan should be for their defense the second time facing a high octane passing offense.

So no, Montana isn't the same thing at all.

POD Knows
November 7th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Or not, but bison fans will convince themselves it is.

1) Montana games were a full season apart and the Bison D was a completely different animal from game one. SDSU game one this year was midsession against a Bison defense that was healthier than it looks like they will be in a second game

2) Montana had a new coaching staff the NDSU had no film on, and couldn't game plan as well as they usually do because of that. NDSU had half a seasons worth of film on SDSU coming into this game, plus the ridiculous amount these two have played each other over the last five years.

3) The first Montana game was in Missoula, and the second game was their first trip to Fargo, which is usually a disaster for teams in the playoffs. SDSU game was in Fargo.

4) Montana game was the first game of the season, so the Bison didn't know how their team would defend the type of offense Montana threw at them. The SDSU game at mid season was after NDSU played EWU earlier who has a similar philosophy offensively to SDSU this year. They knew what was coming and what their defense was and was not capable of.

5) NDSU was missing CJ Smith for the first Montana game. That was a big deal against a passing team like UM. If anything it appears that in a second Jacks matchup this year the Bison D will be missing another stud in Tanguay if the news is bad on his knee.

Look, Bison fans all point at games like this one with YSU and go "SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE BRING PRESSURE!" The reality is you guys have a great defensive coaching staff. They didn't just get dumb all of a sudden after five years of incredible defenses. There is a reason they don't bring pressure against top end passing teams like they used to. Likely the fact that you don't have NFL caliber cbs on the outside to be able to put on an island against stud receivers. The philosophy has obviously changed to a bend but don't break thought process. That's just making a game plan that best fits your team. If your corners are your weak spot the last thing you want is them on an island against a good passing team, especially one known for their deep passing attack. That's begging to get gashed for long td after long td, especially against a mobile qb who likely would be able to buy time when faced with pressure. I doubt Klieman is completely ignorant of the defensive game plan and has zero input on the process, and he's regularly credited by Bison fans as the architect of the Bisons defensive dominance. So to go and say well we will just bring pressure the next game cause we will have learned our lesson isn't really that accurate. Is it possible, sure. You would think that a really good defensive staff would know what their best defensive game plan should be for their defense the second time facing a high octane passing offense.

So no, Montana isn't the same thing at all.

NDSU has the most overrated defense in the FCS. We match up terribly against SDSU and SHSU for that matter. We lost two very key individuals in the middle of our defense and both will be gone for the balance of the year.

That being said, we will beat both SDSU and SHSU if we play them in the playoffs, it is what it is.