PDA

View Full Version : Best Week All Season

Milktruck74
November 2nd, 2016, 08:57 AM
There are always good games on, but this week is exceptionally good. Other than my Mocs taking a well earned rest (9 straight is tough), there are some awesome games this week. I could see as many as 4 losses in the top 10. Lots of movement this week and lots of chances for teams to improve their playoff chances and playoff seedings. GET HERE SATURDAY!!!!!!!

I usually pick 3-4 games I want to see, this week that list is much longer....

Nova@Maine
Wofford@Furman - laugh, but it will be a fun one to watch
ISUr@W Ill.
Sammy@Citadel
UND@UNC
YSU@NDSU
JMU@RICHMOND
MyKnees@SHSU
EWU@CP.

How do I watch all this football...router is going to be on overload!!!

FUBeAR
November 2nd, 2016, 11:23 AM

Why "laugh" ???

Though I haven't firmly decided yet, I'm leaning (with my brain leading; not my heart) toward picking FU in this game and the outcome could certainly have playoff implications. Reasons for my 'lean:'

* Game is @ Furman
* Woffy has played 2 VERY physical games in the past 2 weeks against El Cid & Mercer. They will be banged up. Don't believe me...check out what their hometown paper says: http://www.goupstate.com/sports/20161101/with-running-game-stuffed-terriers-found-way-to-win (http://www.goupstate.com/sports/20161101/with-running-game-stuffed-terriers-found-way-to-win)
* FU is coming off a bye week and 2 relatively easy wins over ETSU and VMI - they are rested and healthy - probably more healthy than at any time this season
* Mercer, last week, held Woffy to their lowest (or 2nd lowest - something like that) yards/carry in 12 years. FU now has fresh 'text book video' on how to stop Woffy's running game
* Wofford was able to throw the ball for MAXIMUM effect against Mercer (5 1st downs on 6 completions - keeping drives alive and setting up their TD's), but 3 of those were, what I would call, 'trick' pass plays. Another was an amazing catch, and another was an excellent throw and great catch; after a scramble away from a sure sack leaving Mercer's DE's #41 jersey in the hands of Woffy's RG. I'm not sure the Terriers are going to be able to pull all those rabbits out of their hats 2 weeks in a row. I think they completed 1 'normal' pass the entire game. FU's LB's and DB's will be ready for that 'funny stuff' this week.
* FU's QB Hannon is BAAACCCKKK and playing exceptionally well - not just passing, but running the ball. He was their leading rusher in the VMI game.
* Hard for Woffy's Players to look @ FU's record and, in their deepest thoughts, not see this as a 'breather' game between their critical games with El Cid, Mercer, and Chatt.

I may change my mind before Saturday, but right now, I see the 'Dins pulling off the upset

PantherRob82
November 2nd, 2016, 11:24 AM
There are always good games on, but this week is exceptionally good. Other than my Mocs taking a well earned rest (9 straight is tough), there are some awesome games this week. I could see as many as 4 losses in the top 10. Lots of movement this week and lots of chances for teams to improve their playoff chances and playoff seedings. GET HERE SATURDAY!!!!!!!

Nova@Maine
ISUr@W Ill.
Sammy@Citadel
UND@UNC
YSU@NDSU
JMU@RICHMOND
MyKnees@SHSU
EWU@CP.

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/must-watch-week-10/

BEAR
November 2nd, 2016, 11:34 AM

Nova@Maine
ISUr@W Ill.
Sammy@Citadel
UND@UNC
YSU@NDSU
JMU@RICHMOND
MyKnees@SHSU
EWU@CP.

Or you could go with UCA at SFA. Why you ask? UCA beat McNeese 35-0. SHSU beat SFA 63-28. Plus it's on ASN. Save the router. xlolx

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2016, 12:45 PM
There will definitely be a shake up in the national polls this week even if the favorites win their games. I suspect there will be a lot of perplexed AGS poll voters trying to put their rankings together Saturday night through Monday morning.

Milktruck74
November 2nd, 2016, 02:24 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/must-watch-week-10/

The Wedge is spot on this week!!! I agree with about everything in that write up. It will be a fun week to be a fan of the game....

ST_Lawson
November 2nd, 2016, 03:09 PM
And not quite as big as most listed, but with ISUr knocking off SDSU, it'll be interesting to see if they continue to play that well against my Leathernecks or if it was a fluke...and if Western can keep the string of narrow hard-fought victories going. This could be a huge game towards determining if Western is more of a "borderline top-10" team or "playoff bubble" team.

Plus, it's the 99th meeting of the two teams that started back in 1904. Not as old as some schools rivalries, of course, but it was only the second year we had a football team. It was the first year that most would consider a "full" season...had 10 games that year and ISU was the season finale. Back then it would have been Illinois State Normal University vs Western Illinois State Normal School. It's our longest rivalry, and I think ISU's second longest behind Eastern.

Milktruck74
November 2nd, 2016, 03:25 PM
And not quite as big as most listed, but with ISUr knocking off SDSU, it'll be interesting to see if they continue to play that well against my Leathernecks or if it was a fluke...and if Western can keep the string of narrow hard-fought victories going. This could be a huge game towards determining if Western is more of a "borderline top-10" team or "playoff bubble" team.

Plus, it's the 99th meeting of the two teams that started back in 1904. Not as old as some schools rivalries, of course, but it was only the second year we had a football team. It was the first year that most would consider a "full" season...had 10 games that year and ISU was the season finale. Back then it would have been Illinois State Normal University vs Western Illinois State Normal School. It's our longest rivalry, and I think ISU's second longest behind Eastern.

it is going to be one of the more intriguing games...it made the list not only b/c the implications for WIU, but ISUr is still a solid team and it should be a fun one to watch.

Sammy94
November 2nd, 2016, 04:33 PM
Or you could go with UCA at SFA. Why you ask? UCA beat McNeese 35-0. SHSU beat SFA 63-28. Plus it's on ASN. Save the router. xlolx

That's all 35-0? We were beating SFA 35-0 early in the 2nd quarter... So you're saying it won't be much of a game in Huntsville?

Milktruck74
November 5th, 2016, 06:43 AM
I'm up early prepping....let's get this started!!!! On Saturday mornings I'm a little (not too much, but a little) envious of my left coast brethren. They can wake up, pour a cup of coffee, drop a deuce and start watching football at 9am!!!! Us Right coast folks have to figure out what to do until noon.

ElCid
November 5th, 2016, 08:14 AM
I'm up early prepping....let's get this started!!!! On Saturday mornings I'm a little (not too much, but a little) envious of my left coast brethren. They can wake up, pour a cup of coffee, drop a deuce and start watching football at 9am!!!! Us Right coast folks have to figure out what to do until noon.

That is funny. I recall when I was stationed in Guam (it is already tomorrow there), I would get up at 0800 on Sunday and go to my bud's house and have breakfast and he had three TVs set up and a radio link for an internet game (before streaming video) and we would watch college football all Sunday morning. A weird life we led.

Milktruck74
November 5th, 2016, 10:20 AM
That is funny. I recall when I was stationed in Guam (it is already tomorrow there), I would get up at 0800 on Sunday and go to my bud's house and have breakfast and he had three TVs set up and a radio link for an internet game (before streaming video) and we would watch college football all Sunday morning. A weird life we led.
So if it is already tomorrow, are you living in the future or the past....hell, I drink too much to figure that one out.

ST_Lawson
November 5th, 2016, 10:40 AM
So if it is already tomorrow, are you living in the future or the past....hell, I drink too much to figure that one out.

Dude....if he's in tomorrow already, he needs to tell us who wins todays games so we can all put some money down on the upset wins. 10% of everyone's earnings goes back to AGS, agreed?

Milktruck74
November 5th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Fair enough....but I still can't decide if he is in the past....not watching games until Sunday?

ElCid
November 5th, 2016, 10:57 AM

It was like living in another world. My wife had to have a separate clock on her computer to tell what time it was so she wouldn't wake me up. NFL football on Monday too, while at work.

CID1990
November 5th, 2016, 05:42 PM
When I lived in Vietnam I used to get up at 2 am to listen to games.

That year we came back and beat Chatty by 1 point it was 9 am Sunday morning and I was running around hollering and the neighbors thought I'd snapped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk