PDA

View Full Version : CCU's Bennett interviews with PC

bodoyle
January 11th, 2007, 11:19 AM
http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2629

Coach Bennett is interviewing with PC

Here is the article: http://www.myrtlebeachherald.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=5134&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1072&hn=myrtlebeachherald&he=.com

The Gadfly
January 11th, 2007, 01:13 PM
I think that since the SoCon is not interested in a proven all- around athletic program, that CDB might try to find a good move that will give him the opportunity to have an autobid every season. This will help his jump into the I-A ranks more than staying here. Hopefully SC State will jump to the BSouth soon.

bodoyle
January 11th, 2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/16437466.htm

CDB staying put. :thumbsup: :bow: :hurray:

SoCon48
January 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I think that since the SoCon is not interested in a proven all- around athletic program, that CDB might try to find a good move that will give him the opportunity to have an autobid every season. This will help his jump into the I-A ranks more than staying here. Hopefully SC State will jump to the BSouth soon.
Proven. Proven at the Big South level.

SoCon48
January 11th, 2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2629

Coach Bennett is interviewing with PC

Here is the article: http://www.myrtlebeachherald.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=5134&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1072&hn=myrtlebeachherald&he=.com

I was up in your neck of the woods during Christmas. Homewood-Fosmore, Napierville, etc.
O'Hara lost my luggage for 4 days. Got it back in time to open it up and check to see if everything was still in it, zip it up, and check it in the next morning.
Cold and windy. Thank goodness for global warming.

bodoyle
January 11th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I was up in your neck of the woods during Christmas. Homewood-Fosmore, Napierville, etc.
O'Hara lost my luggage for 4 days. Got it back in time to open it up and check to see if everything was still in it, zip it up, and check it in the next morning.
Cold and windy. Thank goodness for global warming.

O'Hare International Airport is an absolutely phenominal airport. The employees are curteous and kind. xidiotx :bang: xidiotx :bang:

They broke my bag and said tough luck. Most of the workers are Ex-CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) (bus drivers etc) employees who are not thrilled with their lot in life.

Losing your bag in one of the world's busiest airports.....glad that's never happened to me the hundreds of times I've flown in and out of there.

Christmas wasn't that cold. Monday the low is -5 and Tuesday it is -2. Then add in the wind which is supposed to be around 20-30mph and we are supposed to get a nice snowstorm Sun/Mon. :thumbsup:

HF is an ok area. Nice ice skating arena there.

Naperville is alright - I'll be moving from there come July 1, and am tempted to move back down near CCU.

PCbluehose
January 11th, 2007, 04:54 PM
According to the AD at PC, There will be a counter offer placed on the table for Bennett, it looks as if the highest offer will win.

Just remember what happand between Bama and Miami (NFL), no one knows what is going to happen until the name is signed on the dotted line of one of the schools.

youwouldno
January 11th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I'm a little surprised Bennett is so ready to get a new gig. It seems to me like his best strategy is to keep winning at CCU until he can get a better FCS job, and then set himself up for the possibility of moving up further. SFA would have been OK I guess, though the Southland is pretty weak these days. But Presby? Weird that he is considering it, alumnus or no.

rokamortis
January 11th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I'm a little surprised Bennett is so ready to get a new gig. It seems to me like his best strategy is to keep winning at CCU until he can get a better FCS job, and then set himself up for the possibility of moving up further. SFA would have been OK I guess, though the Southland is pretty weak these days. But Presby? Weird that he is considering it, alumnus or no.

I think it is all about bargaining position. I think he wants to make what the SoCon coaches are and this is his way of doing it, I guess. I figured CCU would be a little more proactive but we'll see.

He pulled out of the SFA position rather quickly.

Why would he want to go to a school (PC) that isn't even eligible for the post-season for the next 5 years?

SoCon48
January 12th, 2007, 02:45 PM
O'Hare International Airport is an absolutely phenominal airport. The employees are curteous and kind. xidiotx :bang: xidiotx :bang:

They broke my bag and said tough luck. Most of the workers are Ex-CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) (bus drivers etc) employees who are not thrilled with their lot in life.

Losing your bag in one of the world's busiest airports.....glad that's never happened to me the hundreds of times I've flown in and out of there.

Christmas wasn't that cold. Monday the low is -5 and Tuesday it is -2. Then add in the wind which is supposed to be around 20-30mph and we are supposed to get a nice snowstorm Sun/Mon. :thumbsup:

HF is an ok area. Nice ice skating arena there.

Naperville is alright - I'll be moving from there come July 1, and am tempted to move back down near CCU.

Losing your bag in one of the world's busiest airports.....glad that's never happened to me the hundreds of times I've flown in and out of there

I've flown all over the world, switching planes, etc, and never had a bag lost before. The girl at the claims desk filled out the form completely wrong (and shooed me off before I could say anything) , further delaying the location of the bag. I said black, she put green. She said no tag on it when I told her it had my name and address. She put the name of my fiance on the form instead of mine (tickets in her name).
To top it off, the United flight up, a lady in front of me was having a bad seizure. Several of us rang the emergency chime for the steward. Never came. I finally went up and got him. He was reading a magazine.:rolleyes:
Flight back to Charlotte was far better. Great, professional steward and stewardess. No problems.
Yeah, I know it wasn't that cold, that's why i said thank goodness for global warming. The winds a couple days before Christmas weren't fun, though. But compared to Boone, tolerable for sure.
I wore a colored tee shirts/jeans most of the time I was there, while I was futilely waiting for my luggage.

CSU BUCS
January 12th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I don’t think PC can compete in a bidding war considering Spangler was making somewhere in the 80’s and CCU is currently paying Bennett 120k.

Why would he want to go to PC anyway? It’s a lot easier to recruit to Conway than Clinton + PC will not reach the full 63 scholarships for a few years.

Sir William
January 12th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Bennett is not going to PC. This thread can end.