PDA

View Full Version : Big South Pick'em and Power Rankings - Week 10

BigSouthFan
October 31st, 2016, 01:38 PM
Another pretty straightforward weekend in the Big South, big games are to come..

My Picks:
Gardner-Webb @ Charleston Southern - Bucs roll to their 5th straight, close one early. Bucs by 21
Clark Atlanta @ Kennesaw State - Budding cross town rivalry? Don't think so. Owls by 35+
Liberty @ Presbyterian - PC stuns Liberty scoring on opening drive.. Then Liberty steamrolls. Flames by 24
Monmouth @ Coastal Carolina - Its 82 degrees, humid, and sunny in November on the teal turf, and the Northerners just want to go home. Chants by 21

My Power Rankings (plus playoff insight):
1. Charleston Southern (5-2) - The Bucs are finally rolling after a weird start, a win this weekend would make 5 straight and clear control of their destiny. At-large seems unlikely for any Big South team, but I believe they have the best shot if they were to lose a conference game. I can envision them seeded somewhere in between 6 and 8 if they win convincingly over GWU, Liberty, and Kennesaw.

2. Liberty (5-3) - Liberty has a chance for their first true significant win coming up NEXT week, when the Bucs travel up to Lynchburg, VA to face them in what will seemingly be a Big South Championship game and a "win and you're in" type deal. Liberty also has a possibility for an at-large if they lose this game, but they will have to beat Coastal Carolina in the final week and win over the committee.

3. Kennesaw State (6-2) - With a conference loss to Liberty already, the road isn't as clean for KSU. They must win out, including a win vs Charleston Southern on the road which hasn't been an easy task during the Jamie Chadwell era. But the door isn't completely shut for them. They need CSU to beat Liberty and then they need to beat CSU to force a 3-way tie for the Championship.

4. Gardner-Webb (3-6) - Not far behind Kennesaw in my opinion. Good football team, a lot of close losses to solid squads. Just have to find a way to finish games. No chance at playoffs of Big South title.

5. Monmouth (4-5) - Coming off 3 straight losses, 0-4 in the conference, nothing looking up for Monmouth this year, hoping to win out to be 6-5 with hopes for the future, but most likely will finish off 4-7 with losses to Coastal Carolina and GWU.

6. Presbyterian (2-6) - My 2-9 prediction is getting more and more real by the week, and they are headed this way. Is this Harold Nichols final year?

bonarae
October 31st, 2016, 05:17 PM
Charleston Southern
Kennesaw State
Presbyterian
Coastal Carolina

knucklehead
November 1st, 2016, 06:11 AM
Gardner-Webb @ Charleston Southern
Clark Atlanta @ Kennesaw State
Liberty @ Presbyterian
Monmouth @ Coastal Carolina

ex189
November 1st, 2016, 08:10 AM
Gardner-Webb @ Charleston Southern - Coach Chadwell is back from Trick or Treating and will have his players focused on the task at hand. CSU in a closer than expected game.

Clark Altanta @ Kennesaw State - The Owls roll

Liberty @ Presbyterian - Liberty wins convincingly with a huge showdown with the BUCS next week in Lynchburg

Monmount @ Coastal Carolina - Henderson is back for the Chanticleers which is not good news for the Hawks. CCU wins going away.

Bucs2016
November 1st, 2016, 08:34 AM
GWU is a team who can always play a good game. CSU wins...but close.
Liberty handles PC with ease.
KSU rolls.
CCU wins solidly.

CSU @ Liberty next week for all the marbles. Whew. Lynchburg gonna be rockin.

Bucs2016
November 1st, 2016, 08:34 AM
GWU is a team who can always play a good game. CSU wins...but close.
Liberty handles PC with ease.
KSU rolls.
CCU wins solidly.

CSU @ Liberty next week for all the marbles. Whew. Lynchburg gonna be rockin.

kdinva
November 1st, 2016, 10:41 AM
Gardner-Webb 21 @ Charleston Southern 38
Clark Atlanta 13 @ Kennesaw State 44
Liberty 34 @ Presbyterian 24
Monmouth 17 @ Coastal Carolina 37

MR. CHICKEN
November 3rd, 2016, 09:20 AM
CHARLESTON SOUTHERN
KENNESAW STATE
LIBERTY
COASTAL CAROLINA