PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown State @ NDSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 30th, 2016, 05:59 AM
Both offenses are struggling right now. For NDSU, it looks like ES has lost some confidence. Can he rebound from a couple of poor throwing games?

Both defenses are good but IMO, YSU's is playing better right now. YSU is #7 in total defense, #4 in scoring defense, #1 in sacks, #13 in rush defense and #17 in pass defense.

Will it be a defensive battle? Entz, more than likely, will play a lot of base Tampa-2 and keep everything in front of them. The few times he brought pressure against UNI, it worked. Will he bring pressure more versus YSU?

Honestly, I do not know what to expect from the NDSU offense. Looks like the YSU defense is good enough to really give them some fits on Saturday. Hopefully they can move the ball consistently and limit the 3 and outs. Field position will probably be huge in this game.

NDSU's special teams need to be sharp. YSU returned a punt for a TD against Indiana State and it looks like they have some speed. Against UNI, NDSU gave up some yards in the return game.

Will Coach Pellini control his temper in this game? One major meltdown or more? My seats are right behind the visitors bench....looking forward to the show from him...xnodxxlolx

This is shaping up to be a defensive battle but who knows.

Thoughts

penguinpower
October 30th, 2016, 06:22 AM
If NDSU brings pressure, YSU is screwed. They can't pass the ball anymore.

Professor Chaos
October 30th, 2016, 07:47 AM
First team to 10 points wins. xrotatehx

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Under 35? They can't set the total low enough here

ytownchief22
October 30th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Defensive struggle for sure. YSU has a crap OC so they will piss the bed again on offense and lose this game. Just can't move the ball well enough to win in the dome.

ValleyTalk
October 30th, 2016, 10:07 AM
We have some definite problems on offense, but to me the biggest problem is converting once we get inside the opponents 25. We were able to move the ball at times the last few weeks from our own goal line to near the opponents 25, but we completely fall apart offensively trying to get TD's. I'm not a big Wells guy, but in his defense he hasn't practiced in a couple weeks and appeared destined to be transferring just last week. I think he handled himself better in that second half. I just wish we focused much more on running the ball with a short passing game. We do not have the receivers for longer passes.

For us us to win Saturday, we will need a defensive score IMHO, or one off a turnover. Stick has thrown 6 picks so hopefully with some pressure, we can force him to make a mistake. I watched much of the second half yesterday and UNI was putting some pressure on him so hopefully Davis and/or Moss can have another big game.

Just wanted to throw this stat out there... In MVFC play, opponents have scored 7 touchdowns on YSU. Of those 7 scores, 1 was a pick-six (UNI), 4 were directly after a YSU interception or fumble (1 vs USD, 2 vs SDSU, 1 vs INSU), and the other 2 were on drives by the opponent (1 vs USD and 1 vs SDSU) after a YSU kickoff or punt.

Bisonator
October 30th, 2016, 10:13 AM
I'm thinking this will be a 6-3 type game....hopefully Cam is good for 2 FG's. xlolx

ytownchief22
October 30th, 2016, 11:58 AM
I like the 6-3 prediction lol.

Schism55
October 30th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Rock fight Inc!
Bisons 13 Flightless birds 6

TheKingpin28
October 30th, 2016, 12:17 PM
20-9 NDSU. I am swinging for the fences on this one. NDSU gets 1 long run for a TD and an INT inside the YSU side of the field to set up another TD.

Penguin Nation
October 30th, 2016, 12:23 PM
If I were the HC, I'd tell the offense that the game was cancelled, and then dress a local HS's offense in YSU uni's. Otherwise YSU will fold like a cheap suit. Mayge give NDSU extra downs so they stay on the field longer? idk.

ytownchief22
October 30th, 2016, 12:44 PM
4 QB's on YSU's roster and neither of them are the answer. Falls on the OC who some penguin fans think is the equivalent of God and a "QB Guru".... LOL. It's defense or bust for this team.

penguinpower
October 30th, 2016, 12:55 PM
4 QB's on YSU's roster and neither of them are the answer. Falls on the OC who some penguin fans think is the equivalent of God and a "QB Guru".... LOL. It's defense or bust for this team.

I think there is only one fan that thinks the OC is worth something. He must be a hoarder, since he finds value in garbage, which is exactly what describes our play calling and coaching on offense

ngineer
October 30th, 2016, 12:58 PM
This game should show us just how good YSU is. I thought they'd be doing better this year. A win in this one should right the igloo for the balance of the season.

POD Knows
October 30th, 2016, 02:21 PM
NDSU 5
YSU 2

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 30th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Pellini brothers meltdowns: 4

penguinpower
October 30th, 2016, 04:02 PM
I say 7 to 3. NDSU gets a pick 6 and we can only muster a field goal.

#ProudUncleOfaYSUPenguin
October 30th, 2016, 06:35 PM
I totally agree with the original post, neither offense has been great lately but NDSU has definitely been better than YSU on offense as of late! But I do think YSU has the best defense in the conference bar none... Rivers and Miss are unreal! But all the complaining about the play calling is absurd to me when you consider this same offense put up 450 yards against WVU who was jus ranked #10 before they lost on the road so to me its more on our qb's than the OC... The qb play has been abysmal to say the least and our wide outs need to step up, run good routes and catch the ball!!! I think this will b a great game if we can at least just move the ball and not tire out our defense... Can't wait to watch this one!!!

Sundog
October 30th, 2016, 06:46 PM
An innocent set of ears reacting to a Bo tirade...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23785&stc=1

clenz
October 30th, 2016, 06:55 PM
An innocent set of ears reacting to a Bo tirade...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23785&stc=1

Nothing about her is innocent.

BisonFan02
October 30th, 2016, 07:11 PM

Mmmmmmmmm........watergirls.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 30th, 2016, 09:08 PM

This should be it's own thread.

Who hates their OC more! Fire everyone, save no one!

penguinpower
October 30th, 2016, 09:24 PM
This should be it's own thread.

Who hates their OC more! Fire everyone, save no one!

You a least have a history of winning with yours. Ours hasn't won jack squat.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2016, 06:20 AM
YSU fans: I thought Wells was going to be the guy? Has he regressed or been injured?

ytownchief22
October 31st, 2016, 06:33 AM
YSU fans: I thought Wells was going to be the guy? Has he regressed or been injured?

He got buried on the depth chart because Bo wanted to go with a running QB. So he was running scout team and going to redshirt. Then they made up an injury and said he had a shoulder issue. But now that Davis and Hosick are hurt and Mays is a RS Freshman and not ready to run the offense, Wells is magically healed and ready to go now.... Sigh.

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2016, 06:41 AM
Just for ****s n' giggles here's Bo's post game press conference after last year's NDSU game... 165 seconds of magnificence! xlolx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TxKd8-drr0

It's up to 120k views now too. Bo knows how to go viral!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2016, 06:50 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bo is Gold!!

xnodx

- - - Updated - - -

He got buried on the depth chart because Bo wanted to go with a running QB. So he was running scout team and going to redshirt. Then they made up an injury and said he had a shoulder issue. But now that Davis and Hosick are hurt and Mays is a RS Freshman and not ready to run the offense, Wells is magically healed and ready to go now.... Sigh.

Boy, I thought Wells was pretty good as a freshman.....more than capable.

ysubigred
October 31st, 2016, 07:18 AM

I'd hit it xthumbsupx

ysubigred
October 31st, 2016, 07:22 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bo is Gold!!

xnodx

- - - Updated - - -

Boy, I thought Wells was pretty good as a freshman.....more than capable.

This is crazy how Wells was a freshmen and lit it up. Then regressed to what we are seeing now. I had him penciled in as the second coming of Jaworski xeyebrowx

IBleedYellow
October 31st, 2016, 08:57 AM
NDSU 24.

YSU - 9.

ysubigred
October 31st, 2016, 09:17 AM
NDSU 24.

YSU - 9.

3-2 5 OT's LOL!!!!

Twentysix
October 31st, 2016, 09:20 AM
3-2 5 OT's LOL!!!!

Maybe you didn't get the memo, but we score on 1 play 25 YD runs in OT. ;)

Twentysix
October 31st, 2016, 09:22 AM
OVERTIME CHSO NDSUhttp://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2449.png&h=100&w=100TD

King Frazier 25 Yd Run (Cam Pedersen Kick)
1 play, 25 yards

OVERTIME
EWU
NDSU

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2449.png&h=100&w=100
TD

Lance Dunn 25 Yd Run
1 play, 25 yards

ysubigred
October 31st, 2016, 09:26 AM
Maybe you didn't get the memo, but we score on 1 play 25 YD runs in OT. ;)

EW's D has 5 blind starters and 3 kids in wheel chairs :D I hope you could score on them xthumbsupx

Sadly YSU would be lucky to get 10 points xbangx

Twentysix
October 31st, 2016, 09:33 AM
EW's D has 5 blind starters and 3 kids in wheel chairs :D I hope you could score on them xthumbsupx

Sadly YSU would be lucky to get 10 points xbangx

We've had OT twice this year and each time we won the game on a 1 play 25 yd run. Different RBs though.

ysubigred
October 31st, 2016, 09:44 AM
We've had OT twice this year and each time we won the game on a 1 play 25 yd run. Different RBs though.

Yikes!! I missed that. Hopefully YSU can win it 3-2 with out OT xsmiley_wix

Twentysix
October 31st, 2016, 10:01 AM
Yikes!! I missed that. Hopefully YSU can win it 3-2 with out OT xsmiley_wix

I think it was even the same running play. Heh, it probably wasn't.

X-Factor
October 31st, 2016, 10:11 AM
4-3, no OT

ytownchief22
October 31st, 2016, 11:33 AM
Whoever scores a TD wins lol.

X-Factor
October 31st, 2016, 12:59 PM
3-2 5 OT's LOL!!!!

I know you are exaggerating but explain the situation where this is possible. It is really difficult to get a safety in OT when you start on the opponents 25, and even more difficult to get a safety when your team is on offense in OT (which must be true in this scenario since a safety to start OT would immediately win the game at 2-0).

BisonTru
October 31st, 2016, 01:10 PM
I know you are exaggerating but explain the situation where this is possible. It is really difficult to get a safety in OT when you start on the opponents 25, and even more difficult to get a safety when your team is on offense in OT (which must be true in this scenario since a safety to start OT would immediately win the game at 2-0).

We actually had a lengthy conversation about this a few weeks ago. 0-0 after 4 OTs. Team A kicks a FG in the fifth OT. Team B throws an interception where the DB comes out of the endzone fumbles it back into the endzone and Team A recovers it for a 2 point safety for Team B. Final 3-2.

ysubigred
October 31st, 2016, 01:47 PM
We actually had a lengthy conversation about this a few weeks ago. 0-0 after 4 OTs. Team A kicks a FG in the fifth OT. Team B throws an interception where the DB comes out of the endzone fumbles it back into the endzone and Team A recovers it for a 2 point safety for Team B. Final 3-2.

Plus 1^^^^^

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2016, 05:41 PM
Bison 24-9

Finally at home will really get the team going.

Bo might have a meltdown about the noise.

If YSU cannot pass the ball, they are in for a long day. NDSU is good against the run and IMO, the front 7 should be able to slow down the run game.

Twentysix
October 31st, 2016, 08:47 PM

It's like a damn math problem.

Bison56
November 1st, 2016, 10:57 AM

I don't get it, is this a magic trick?

Thumper 76
November 1st, 2016, 11:01 AM
I don't get it, is this a magic trick?
Basically the only way it happens is if the first team scores a fg and then manages to have their defense give up a safety on themselves off of a turnover. Like if they picked off the second team in the end zone, and the stupid DB runs out of the endzone, tries to flip the field running back into the endzone, and is tackled for a safety. Then the game would be over at 3-2, with the team who got the interception winning.

Unless you were being funny and it went right over my head and now I look dumb xlolx

Carolina010
November 1st, 2016, 11:38 AM
There was a high school playoff game in SD that ended 6 -2 last night. One team got a safety early in the game and then the home team scored a touchdown with less the a min to play in the game to win.

This game sounds like it could be a defensive struggle as well. It was the first time I have seen a 6 -2 final in football but why not see another one.

6 - 2 YSU

Paladin1aa
November 1st, 2016, 12:41 PM
I expect NDS to win this match up. More like 24-10.

I told all the Penguins fans on the other board 2 years ago that the QBs here were no good. Now its all exposed and out in the open for all to see. Let me tell you about the Wells "saga"........ he started as a Frosh as we had no other Qbs who were ready..... given limited plays and limited reads..... threw some INTs but got ink for being a Frosh............ the reality is everyone over here OVERLOOKED his luck......... forced into bad throws........... not all that accurate ........ and had the good fortune to throw at least a dozen INTs, easy ones, to the other team and they were amazingly DROPPED. No one saw his limited abilities because they were masked by the drops, limited play calling to hide his flaws and a run game that didn't depend on him making plays................ BTW, now that Bo has blown his "red-shirt" year and played him, what does he do now that Bo still isn't happy with him.... transfer as he planned to do before they broke his red shirt ? Or stay and get replaced by another incoming JUCO or transfer from a FBS program ?

The chickens have come home to roost.

ysubigred
November 1st, 2016, 03:07 PM

I told all the Penguins fans on the other board 2 years ago that the QBs here were no good. Now its all exposed and out in the open for all to see. Let me tell you about the Wells "saga"........ he started as a Frosh as we had no other Qbs who were ready..... given limited plays and limited reads..... threw some INTs but got ink for being a Frosh............ the reality is everyone over here OVERLOOKED his luck......... forced into bad throws........... not all that accurate ........ and had the good fortune to throw at least a dozen INTs, easy ones, to the other team and they were amazingly DROPPED. No one saw his limited abilities because they were masked by the drops, limited play calling to hide his flaws and a run game that didn't depend on him making plays................ BTW, now that Bo has blown his "red-shirt" year and played him, what does he do now that Bo still isn't happy with him.... transfer as he planned to do before they broke his red shirt ? Or stay and get replaced by another incoming JUCO or transfer from a FBS program ?

Pally you're picking low hanging fruit there. The QB's are not as bad as the OC makes them. We have 5 TE on the team all between 6-3 and 6-6 2 40-260ish and hardly ever see the ball xeyebrowx OC wants to run this crazy spread "O" with a mammoth "O" line xeyebrowx. Easy to say the QB's are bad but Monty needs to find a new home.

Bison56
November 1st, 2016, 03:23 PM
Basically the only way it happens is if the first team scores a fg and then manages to have their defense give up a safety on themselves off of a turnover. Like if they picked off the second team in the end zone, and the stupid DB runs out of the endzone, tries to flip the field running back into the endzone, and is tackled for a safety. Then the game would be over at 3-2, with the team who got the interception winning.

Unless you were being funny and it went right over my head and now I look dumb xlolx

I guess I'm not funny.xdontknowx

ysubigred
November 1st, 2016, 03:28 PM
I guess I'm not funny.xdontknowx

:D

http://www.searchquotes.com/sof/images/picture_quotes/63_20120425_132819_love(4).jpg

Penguin Nation
November 1st, 2016, 03:51 PM

The only reason that would make sense for Wells to sacrifice a year of eligibility is the realization that no legit program, even D2, was going to play him. Nothing else adds up. Like w/ ISUb, he'll limit his passes to safe short yardage plays and o/w hand off at Fargo, and that'll mostly mask his deficiencies. He'll look adequate versus SIU and MSU, and then be re-exposed in the playoffs. Bo said starters don't lose their job because of injury, but it looks like that's what he's doing to Davis, who played better injured and concussed than Wells does healthy. Ironically, Wells got his start when Nania injured his ankle. If Davis doesn't start the rest of the year, I'd be so PO'ed I'd probably transfer out.

ngineer
November 1st, 2016, 04:04 PM

As Desi would say, "Lucy, you have some 'splainin' to do"... That DB would a then be taken out and throttled. Why would he run it out when the game is over by just falling down? I remember a few years ago, Lehigh and Lafayette were in OT and Lehigh scored on their possession, but missed the XP. Lafayette on their possession tried to throw a wheel route to their RB going down the far sideline, but the QB underthrew and our LB intercepted. He had 80 yards of open grass and I remember over half the stadium yelling "Get Down! Get Down!" (Apologies to KC and the Sunshine Band).

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2016, 01:57 PM
Not sure what it opened at but currently the line on this game at 5dimes is NDSU -13.5 with an O/U of 36.5.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 2nd, 2016, 03:21 PM
Not sure what it opened at but currently the line on this game at 5dimes is NDSU -13.5 with an O/U of 36.5.

If the Bison offense gets rolling, they'll cover that spread.

Now, can the do it?

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2016, 03:33 PM
If the Bison offense gets rolling, they'll cover that spread.

Now, can the do it?
Tall task against the YSU defense. I'd be pretty happy with 24 points out of the Bison. That should get them a 14 point win unless the offense gives up points.

penguinpower
November 2nd, 2016, 08:57 PM
Tall task against the YSU defense. I'd be pretty happy with 24 points out of the Bison. That should get them a 14 point win unless the offense gives up points.

Interesting comment because Pelini said that he prefers to give up zero points against the best teams but expects that good teams could score 23 or 24 points a game on us at the FCS level. I expect our offense, which is struggling, to have an even tougher time with a QB that hasn't played meaningful time with all of that noise and be expected to use a silent count. Recipe for disaster

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2016, 06:17 AM

Yes, a very tall task for sure. Conner and Lechler are going to be tested big time against their DEs, hope they are up to the task.

If the coaches utilize ES running ability, I think that added dimension can give YSU fits. Hopefully the passing game isn't stagnant.

semobison
November 3rd, 2016, 09:18 AM

How many games have we covered the spread this season? Just curious.

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2016, 09:24 AM
Not sure but if I had to guess I'd say Iowa for sure and probably Illinois St. Missouri St maybe... the others I doubt they covered any of them. So I'd guess 2-6 against the spread or 3-5 at best.

X-Factor
November 3rd, 2016, 10:13 AM
Not sure but if I had to guess I'd say Iowa for sure and probably Illinois St. Missouri St maybe... the others I doubt they covered any of them. So I'd guess 2-6 against the spread or 3-5 at best.

I'm pretty sure we didn't cover Missouri State. I think the spread was well into the 30's. IMO the under is as close to a sure thing as it gets. All bets are off if game is tied at the end of 4, however.

F'N Hawks
November 3rd, 2016, 10:14 AM

Believe you only covered vs. Iowa and Illinois State.

centennial
November 3rd, 2016, 10:30 AM
I think we cover this game. We are going to have to open up the offense like we did with Illinois State. NDSU offense at full throttle without the idiot run up the middle when the opponent has 9 in the box can score. Question is if we allow it to open up.

Twentysix
November 3rd, 2016, 11:29 AM
I think we cover this game. We are going to have to open up the offense like we did with Illinois State. NDSU offense at full throttle without the idiot run up the middle when the opponent has 9 in the box can score. Question is if we allow it to open up.

When Stick is clicking he is pretty good through the air.

centennial
November 3rd, 2016, 12:25 PM
When Stick is clicking he is pretty good through the air.

Let Stick play, or at least throw some short passes to keep the defenses honest. Play calling both on defense and offense has been disappointing for me. We've regressed from last year. See Richmond game as a lesson to burn teams that want to stack the box. No, we have to impose our will against the odds. Someone tell the coaches we aren't the Broncos.

X-Factor
November 3rd, 2016, 02:52 PM
Let Stick play, or at least throw some short passes to keep the defenses honest. Play calling both on defense and offense has been disappointing for me. We've regressed from last year. See Richmond game as a lesson to burn teams that want to stack the box. No, we have to impose our will against the odds. Someone tell the coaches we aren't the Broncos.

See the first half of ISUred this year for how to burn teams that stack the box. That was probably one of the best examples I've ever seen.

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2016, 02:57 PM
See the first half of ISUred this year for how to burn teams that stack the box. That was probably one of the best examples I've ever seen.
You can look at the 2nd quarter against WIU and UNI as well. The 2nd quarter has been the money quarter lately for the Bison, especially on offense. It's too bad they haven't been able to channel some of that in the 4th quarter over the last 3 games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2016, 04:16 PM

Sounds like the coaches are going to open it up some. Let ES play.

Players are ready to kick butt at home....daughter has some players in class.

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2016, 04:25 PM
Sounds like the coaches are going to open it up some. Let ES play.

Players are ready to kick butt at home....daughter has some players in class.

Yeah I got a class with Wimbush, Wentz, and Tuszka, sit right in front of Wimbush and I can tell there is some tenacity in their blood and they are ready to get that team rolling in time for the playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2016, 04:30 PM
Yeah I got a class with Wimbush, Wentz, and Tuszka, sit right in front of Wimbush and I can tell there is some tenacity in their blood and they are ready to get that team rolling in time for the playoffs.

I think the Bison really play well in this game. Bison defense is starting to really get joining and stopping teams. If Polasek keeps the foot on the pedal and mixes it up, the offense will be fine.

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2016, 11:07 PM
I think the Bison really play well in this game. Bison defense is starting to really get joining and stopping teams. If Polasek keeps the foot on the pedal and mixes it up, the offense will be fine.

This is the biggest key in all of this.

dewey
November 3rd, 2016, 11:12 PM

Like others have said I think the team is getting into playoff shape. We all know how they shift gears in the playoffs.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Like others have said I think the team is getting into playoff shape. We all know how they shift gears in the playoffs.

Dewey

The defense is definitely coming around for sure.

This Youngstown game is now huge after what the committee has done with the rankings. This is NDSU's last ranked opponent for them to try and move up in the rankings. If all the teams win out, NDSU might be SOL when it comes to a 1st or 2nd seed, making these last 3 games huge.....esp this game tomorrow.

I'll be giving Bo an ear full right behind him tomorrow...:D

Bisonwinagn
November 4th, 2016, 05:46 PM
The defense is definitely coming around for sure.

This Youngstown game is now huge after what the committee has done with the rankings. This is NDSU's last ranked opponent for them to try and move up in the rankings. If all the teams win out, NDSU might be SOL when it comes to a 1st or 2nd seed, making these last 3 games huge.....esp this game tomorrow.

I'll be giving Bo an ear full right behind him tomorrow...:D

Lol this is laughable. They haven't cared about SOS yet so why would they start now. NDSU would be better off playing lower teams and trying to run up the score since that's all that matters.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Lol this is laughable. They haven't cared about SOS yet so why would they start now. NDSU would be better off playing lower teams and trying to run up the score since that's all that matters.

Because the head of the committee said they weigh it heavily. Now this first ranking doesn't show that but he said it will......we will see.

The last part of your post is probably right. He said point differential is important....which is a joke but maybe that is what NDSU needs to do, schedule 3 cupcakes in the OOC.

Bisonator
November 4th, 2016, 07:48 PM
I'm feeling confident. It's now November and we are playing YSU. :D

ytownchief22
November 4th, 2016, 08:07 PM
I'm feeling confident. It's now November and we are playing YSU. :D

HEY! Oh wait... We do fold like a banquet chair in November lol.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 08:14 PM
HEY! Oh wait... We do fold like a banquet chair in November lol.

Under Wolford it was an annual event...xthumbsupx

ValleyTalk
November 4th, 2016, 10:20 PM
YSU in the fourth quarter this season is outscoring the opposition 83-21... Other than the defense and special teams being strong, this is a huge reason why they are having success this season. Win the fourth quarter and good things happen.

Will be a tough one tomorrow. NDSU by a TD seems reasonable, but with YSU's defense being strong, I think they definitely have a chance to win. However, they can't keep turning it over as badly as they have this entire conference tilt.

Daved
November 4th, 2016, 11:29 PM
I'm feeling confident. It's now November and we are playing YSU. :DThey played YSU last November and won---not by the blowout most expected--game went to the wire and if YSU plays like last year it should be a good game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 06:32 AM
Sounds like YSU strictly uses man to man coverage in the secondary. Time for Easton to air it out to RJ and Darrius. Make them use the S to help in coverage to help open up the running game.

ytownchief22
November 5th, 2016, 08:32 AM
NDSU 24

YSU 13

Guins can't score enough to keep up. Offense continues to put defense in bad positions.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 6th, 2016, 06:19 AM
Bison 24-9

Finally at home will really get the team going.

Bo might have a meltdown about the noise.

If YSU cannot pass the ball, they are in for a long day. NDSU is good against the run and IMO, the front 7 should be able to slow down the run game.

Almost pegged the score.....2 missed FGs by YSU!

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2016, 07:08 AM
Almost pegged the score.....2 missed FGs by YSU!
What's interesting to me is your comment about YSU being in trouble if they can't pass the ball. I'd think the same would've been the case for NDSU coming into this game. As has been beaten to death in the other already in this thread the Bison had some issues but I can't stress enough how impressive that run game was against a YSU defense that has been nothing short of stellar against the run this year.

caribbeanhen
November 6th, 2016, 07:10 AM
only 9 pages for a NDSU game on AGS... You guys are slippin... or moving on

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2016, 07:13 AM
only 9 pages for a NDSU game on AGS... You guys are slippin... or moving on
Well there is a GDT thread also with about 140 posts as of now. Never really understood the need to have a pregame thread and a Gameday thread for a regular season game on a national board but whatever.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 6th, 2016, 07:40 AM
What's interesting to me is your comment about YSU being in trouble if they can't pass the ball. I'd think the same would've been the case for NDSU coming into this game. As has been beaten to death in the other already in this thread the Bison had some issues but I can't stress enough how impressive that run game was against a YSU defense that has been nothing short of stellar against the run this year.

True.

YSU's defense was pretty darn good. Hats off to the running game. YSU did pass some on the Bison but the red zone defense stepped up again.

On to Indiana State which has a struggling defense.

caribbeanhen
November 6th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Well there is a GDT thread also with about 140 posts as of now. Never really understood the need to have a pregame thread and a Gameday thread for a regular season game on a national board but whatever.

no worries Professor

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2016, 10:23 AM
NDSU 24.

YSU - 9.

Well then.

I guess I was generous for YSU's sake.

ysubigred
November 7th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Well then.

I guess I was generous for YSU's sake.

My 3-2 prediction was close I left the 4 off after the 2 :D