View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 9 2016

superman7515
October 30th, 2016, 12:29 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-4AzP9LjMsQG1eZ4aYUxI2wgaKy9I__PmUVJ6TNHl0/edit?usp=sharing

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 30th, 2016, 05:17 AM
Nice work sup!

xthumbsupx

kdinva
October 30th, 2016, 08:23 AM
thank you.....

smallcollegefbfan
October 30th, 2016, 08:53 AM
I'm sorry but I'll have 5 MVFC teams ahead of Lehigh and others in my poll. I need to see one of these conference champs outside of the top 4 leagues play some MVFC teams. My theory is the MVFC is the deepest league and has 7 teams deserving of the top 30 and 5-6 that belong in the top 25. Grambling is one team I'm going to give benefit to because while they have no big wins they are killing everyone they play and they played Arizona very close.

BEAR
October 30th, 2016, 08:58 AM
5 losses.

MR. CHICKEN
October 30th, 2016, 09:06 AM
.......NORFFERN IOWA...IS 3-5......WHIFF POSSIBLE LOSSES...TA W. ILLINOIS @ MACOMB......& JACKS.....IN DOME......O' COURSE.....DEY COOD WIN 'EM..........LET'S WAIT AN' SEE.......GREAT DEY SKED HARD....NOT GOOD...TA LOSE 'EM DOUGH....xsmhx....BRAWK!

smallcollegefbfan
October 30th, 2016, 09:09 AM
5 losses.

It is tough to vote for 4-4 or 3-5 teams. I'm likely going to leave teams with a losing record out but if they win the final 2-3 games then teams like that should be considered if they have 1-2 wins against RV or ranked teams and no bad losses.

I try to throw records out when I vote and look at the resume. Just because you beat bad teams and are 7-2 or 5-3 or 6-1 does not mean you are better than a team who has played a very tough schedule. Does anyone truly believe that the top team in the Pioneer League or Patriot League right now would beat a top 3 team in the SLC, top 5 in the MVFC, top 3-4 in Big Sky, top 4-5 in CAA, or top 3 in the SoCon even? We all know that is not the case.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2016, 09:12 AM
It is tough to vote for 4-4 or 3-5 teams. I'm likely going to leave teams with a losing record out but if they win the final 2-3 games then teams like that should be considered if they have 1-2 wins against RV or ranked teams and no bad losses.

I try to throw records out when I vote and look at the resume. Just because you beat bad teams and are 7-2 or 5-3 or 6-1 does not mean you are better than a team who has played a very tough schedule. Does anyone truly believe that the top team in the Pioneer League or Patriot League right now would beat a top 3 team in the SLC, top 5 in the MVFC, top 3-4 in Big Sky, top 4-5 in CAA, or top 3 in the SoCon even? We all know that is not the case.

Lehigh can flat out compete and beat everyone in the CAA except perhaps JMU right now. Lehigh is playing their best football since 2011. If they were skating bye teams I could see some of your rationale but they're basically taking knees in the 4th quarter of their games to show mercy on their opponents.

To compare the PL (Lehigh) to the PFL is flat out absurd.....xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
October 30th, 2016, 09:18 AM
SMALLCOLLEGEFAN.....xdeadhorsex........x406x...... .........xshakingmadx....xhomerx........:pumpuke:. ..................xbabycryx................BRAWK!

CID1990
October 30th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Lehigh can flat out compete and beat everyone in the CAA except perhaps JMU right now. Lehigh is playing their best football since 2011. If they were skating bye teams I could see some of your rationale but they're basically taking knees in the 4th quarter of their games to show mercy on their opponents.

LAWL now we know what chattownmocs does after UTC loses a game.

He logs on other accounts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 09:21 AM

Absolutely, pay attention to teams rather than your preconceived views and you may too.

knucklehead
October 30th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Thanks

kalm
October 30th, 2016, 09:25 AM

The Patriot seems to have improved with the schollies but this year is not a good example of that. Sure Lehigh is dominating right now, but that's been against 3 ivies and the rest of the Patriot which does not have a quality OOC win among them. What's the best OOC the Patriot has this year?

Agree that you're better than the Pioneer though.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2016, 09:30 AM
The Patriot seems to have improved with the schollies but this year is not a good example of that. Sure Lehigh is dominating right now, but that's been against 3 ivies and the rest of the Patriot which does not have a quality OOC win among them. What's the best OOC the Patriot has this year?

Agree that you're better than the Pioneer though.

Colgate wasn't as good last year and they beat two CAA teams on the road in the playoffs. Their best OOC win was?

The last two times Lehigh was in the playoffs they beat the MVFC and CAA champs.

Lehigh's schedule is what it is and will basically always will be. The PL doesn't redshirt so they're often behind the curve to start the year. That's why I'm not a fan of FBS games. But over the course of the season they seem to mesh.

kalm
October 30th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Colgate wasn't as good last year and they beat two CAA teams on the road in the playoffs. Their best OOC win was?

The last two times Lehigh was in the playoffs they beat the MVFC and CAA champs.

Lehigh's schedule is what it is and will basically always will be. The PL doesn't redshirt so they're often behind the curve to start the year. That's why I'm not a fan of FBS games. But over the course of the season they seem to mesh.

Good points and past success can be one indicator but similar to SHSU's seeding you still need to mostly base things on this year's resume rather than what a different team from the same conference did last year or what Lehigh did a few years ago.

Professor Chaos
October 30th, 2016, 10:22 AM
It's kinda pointless to argue about Lehigh's postseason chops right now. They either win out, which they should, and claim the Patriot autobid or they choke it away and are left out. They're playing well now though, I think they can be justified as high as the high teens. They were my most significant win for this week.

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 10:48 AM
It's kinda pointless to argue about Lehigh's postseason chops right now. They either win out, which they should, and claim the Patriot autobid or they choke it away and are left out. They're playing well now though, I think they can be justified as high as the high teens. They were my most significant win for this week.

Again, absolutely, the PL is still a one team league. We need to be more consistent in OOC games as a league and win more. Lehigh's loss to Monmouth looks terrible now. However, the team playing now is completely different on both sides of the ball and has been for several weeks now.

ngineer
October 30th, 2016, 12:40 PM

There is no basis for this other than pure bias. Lehigh's played Villanova to a virtual draw, losing by a missed FG earlier in the game. The team had a slow start, like many, and should be rewarded for the improved play. They have destroyed a number of teams that many on this board thought were 'decent' at the beginning of the year, and have done so with class by literally taking their foot off the gas in many of the fourth quarters. We have shown over the years that when our team is 'cooking', we can play with the best in the country. We took a Colgate team that won two games in the playoffs last year, and returned almost all the entire starting lineup this year, to the woodshed this year. We had Fordham down 51-9 in the third quarter (compare Navy versus Fordham this year) and most on this board recognized them as being playoff caliber team with one of the best running backs in the nation. When we have been on the top of our game, we have gone on the road in years past and beaten Western Illinois, UNI, Richmond and Towson. The fact we had some mediocre seasons between 2012-14, should not be part of the this year's formula. A lot of posters are enamored over their own conference's pedigrees over the past decade and, and I agree the MVFC has shown itself to have some superior talent, but even those schools stub their toes now and then, and some with some frequency, but that gets a pass. IMO, Lehigh is, right now, a top 15 school. The stats bear it out in numerous categories. The one thing that is great is the FCS playoff which makes this and all other polls are meaningless. Do it on the field.

superman7515
October 30th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Sagarin, Massey, and SOS are updated.

JSUSoutherner
October 30th, 2016, 01:20 PM
LAWL now we know what chattownmocs does after UTC loses a game.

He logs on other accounts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nah if it were Chattown he would have ended his post with a big, bold

STFU!

:D

kalm
October 30th, 2016, 01:36 PM

There is no basis for this other than pure bias. Lehigh's played Villanova to a virtual draw, losing by a missed FG earlier in the game. The team had a slow start, like many, and should be rewarded for the improved play. They have destroyed a number of teams that many on this board thought were 'decent' at the beginning of the year, and have done so with class by literally taking their foot off the gas in many of the fourth quarters. We have shown over the years that when our team is 'cooking', we can play with the best in the country. We took a Colgate team that won two games in the playoffs last year, and returned almost all the entire starting lineup this year, to the woodshed this year. We had Fordham down 51-9 in the third quarter (compare Navy versus Fordham this year) and most on this board recognized them as being playoff caliber team with one of the best running backs in the nation. When we have been on the top of our game, we have gone on the road in years past and beaten Western Illinois, UNI, Richmond and Towson. The fact we had some mediocre seasons between 2012-14, should not be part of the this year's formula. A lot of posters are enamored over their own conference's pedigrees over the past decade and, and I agree the MVFC has shown itself to have some superior talent, but even those schools stub their toes now and then, and some with some frequency, but that gets a pass. IMO, Lehigh is, right now, a top 15 school. The stats bear it out in numerous categories. The one thing that is great is the FCS playoff which makes this and all other polls are meaningless. Do it on the field.

What you did between 12-14 has little bearing. You're 0-1 against ranked opponents and have the 67th SoS.

Schism55
October 30th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Sagarin, Massey, and SOS are updated.
Where is this at? Thanks in advance!

van
October 30th, 2016, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=ngineer;2402648]

What you did between 12-14 has little bearing. You're 0-1 against ranked opponents and have the 67th SoS.

and JMU SoS is 63, Chat is 62, NCA&T at 93, UNH at 59, Lehigh laid a big egg in first 30 mins against Monmouth, other than that the performance is very good, punish them for those 30 mins if you like, but they are playing at a high level now and should be recognized for current ability

Catatonic
October 30th, 2016, 02:20 PM
]I'm sorry but I'll have 5 MVFC teams ahead of Lehigh and others in my poll. [/B]I need to see one of these conference champs outside of the top 4 leagues play some MVFC teams. My theory is the MVFC is the deepest league and has 7 teams deserving of the top 30 and 5-6 that belong in the top 25. Grambling is one team I'm going to give benefit to because while they have no big wins they are killing everyone they play and they played Arizona very close.

Your comment aroused my curiosity, so I checked my own poll. I have 4 MVFC teams ahead of Lehigh. I agree the MVFC is the deepest conference.

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=kalm;2402677]

and JMU SoS is 63, Chat is 62, NCA&T at 93, UNH at 59, Lehigh laid a big egg in first 30 mins against Monmouth, other than that the performance is very good, punish them for those 30 mins if you like, but they are playing at a high level now and should be recognized for current ability
So basically, everybody pretend that didn't happen please.

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=van;2402687]

Or pretend it is indicative of the teamxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

kalm
October 30th, 2016, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=kalm;2402677]

JMU has 2 less FCS losses.

UTC has one less and it's better than either of yours.

NCA&T shouldn't be ranked due to playoff relevancy.

UNH is your best argument.

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2402709]

So only hold losses against teams you don't root for? What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
October 30th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Holy **** fellas, it ain't hard to fix that quote. xlolx

If ya ain't gonna fix it just stop quoting the thing would be another option.

clenz
October 30th, 2016, 03:43 PM
.......NORFFERN IOWA...IS 3-5......WHIFF POSSIBLE LOSSES...TA W. ILLINOIS @ MACOMB......& JACKS.....IN DOME......O' COURSE.....DEY COOD WIN 'EM..........LET'S WAIT AN' SEE.......GREAT DEY SKED HARD....NOT GOOD...TA LOSE 'EM DOUGH....xsmhx....BRAWK!
I wondered how long it would take for a Delware schmuck to bring up UNI....

I was going to set the O/U at 8.5.

I'd have lost....

WAFJ

Schism55
October 30th, 2016, 03:45 PM

Lol...free comedy on this lazy sunday xdrunkyx

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 03:54 PM

The struggle is real today :D

milleniumkat
October 30th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Jeremiah Briscoe beat the old SHSU Passing TD record (5) with 7 vs SFA. The next week he did it again with 6. This week he tied the old record with 5...in the first half.

Kats roll the Tigers. Silly Tigers, everyone knows that real animals have no chance vs Mythical ones based on old slang. What were they thinking?

Kats 66
🐯 17

"I'll not be pawed at. I have not yet begun to defile myself"

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=Engineer86;2402711]

never said that, but if you truly believe that a bad first half in the first game provides your with an indication of a team as it stands in week 10, you truly are Special. I don't want to be mean to you. I am sure you have had many struggles in life.

BEAR
October 30th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Creepin' and sneakin'
Sneakin' and a creepin'
Bears and Kats keep winning
while the others keep sleepin'

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 04:12 PM
never said that, but if you truly believe that a bad first half in the first game provides your with an indication of a team as it stands in week 10, you truly are Special. I don't want to be mean to you. I am sure you have had many struggles in life.
Ok we'll pretend that magically events from last season matter a bunch cause of what Colgate did in the playoffs but we're gunna forget about a game this season though, because it was too long ago right? Loving your logic here. Really sound

Nickels
October 30th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Creepin' and sneakin'
Sneakin' and a creepin'
Bears and Kats keep winning
while the others keep sleepin'
If both teams take care of business the next 2 weeks, Nov. 19 will be the biggest game in SLC history.

BEAR
October 30th, 2016, 04:45 PM
If both teams take care of business the next 2 weeks, Nov. 19 will be the biggest game in SLC history.

I wouldn't go that far. SHSU has such a good offense and UCA has a good defense but the offense is struggling to get started. If Sammy gets ahead early it will be over quickly.

And that was a song reference by the way....xnodx

ngineer
October 30th, 2016, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=kalm;2402677]

Very good point. Very slight distinctions. The loss to Villanova was razor thin and early in the season. Most people who are voters in various sports polls say that the way the team is playing 2/3 through the season is so much more important than how they were playing on Labor Day. Teams do not remain the same. They suffer injuries, lose focus, were either preseason over rated or under rated. PL teams 'gel' later in the year because of no redshirting. Our freshmen are true freshmen, and the Sophs are true sophs. The experience level after 6-7 weeks has a significant impact on a team's progression.

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=van;2402687]

Very good point. Very slight distinctions. The loss to Villanova was razor thin and early in the season. Most people who are voters in various sports polls say that the way the team is playing 2/3 through the season is so much more important than how they were playing on Labor Day. Teams do not remain the same. They suffer injuries, lose focus, were either preseason over rated or under rated. PL teams 'gel' later in the year because of no redshirting. Our freshmen are true freshmen, and the Sophs are true sophs. The experience level after 6-7 weeks has a significant impact on a team's progression.
Well, ****. In that case, those games didn't count then. I think Lehigh should have a minimum top 2 seed in that case. Cause not only does SOS not matter for SHSU, but the beginning of the season doesn't matter for PL teams either. Unless you are talking about a PL team they beat. In which case, their playoff performance from the year before does matter. Lehigh vs SHSU championship this year boys. #bookit

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Ok we'll pretend that magically events from last season matter a bunch cause of what Colgate did in the playoffs but we're gunna forget about a game this season though, because it was too long ago right? Loving your logic here. Really sound

Again, I never said that either, couldn't care less about Colgate last year. You are a Special poster, I understand this is all tough for you to understand, but go ahead and believe that teams do not change from Sept 2 till Oct 29. I will talk to you tomorrow when you get done at Walmart. xconfusedx

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Again, I never said that either, couldn't care less about Colgate last year. You are a Special poster, I understand this is all tough for you to understand, but go ahead and believe that teams do not change from Sept 2 till Oct 29. I will talk to you tomorrow when you get done at Walmart. xconfusedx
I realize teams change, but you sure as hell can't totally discount a game that happened. Reality is you lost to the best team on the schedule so far, lost to a bad team, and have beaten mostly mediocre teams. Calling me special is not going to change that. It might make you feel better, but it doesn't further your argument.

MR. CHICKEN
October 30th, 2016, 05:38 PM
I wondered how long it would take for a Delware schmuck to bring up UNI....

I was going to set the O/U at 8.5.

I'd have lost....

WAFJ

..........DELAWARE SCHMUCK..........ACTUALLAH CLENZ......SMALLCOLLEGEFBFAN BROUGHT IT UP.....BUT HE WENT AN' EDITED HIS POST.....B/4 ANYONE COOD QUOTE IT........HE HAD SAID UNI WAS 4-4.......UCA BEAR CORRECTED HIM IN POST #5........IT'S WHAA AH ALSO CAME IN WHIFF DUH 3 & 5....ACTUAL RECORD.....REST UH POST DAT WAS REMOVED....WENT ON TA SAY......UNI....BETTERAH DEN PIONEER CHAMP....MEAC CHAMP....PATRIOT CHAMP.....OURAH RECORD IS BAD....OURAH SKED IS GREAT....SO RANK US...AN' LET US DANCE........BLAH BLAH BLAH.............WHO DUH SCHMUCK & FJ.....NOW?..xcoolx......AWK!

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 05:40 PM
I realize teams change, but you sure as hell can't totally discount a game that happened. Reality is you lost to the best team on the schedule so far, lost to a bad team, and have beaten mostly mediocre teams. Calling me special is not going to change that. It might make you feel better, but it doesn't further your argument.

Continue to ignore the point, I am sure you feel like a genius. Watch many games outside the Midwest much? Doubt it. It is hard to believe someone that might understands sports can't realize the changes that a team goes through during the season, but I guess that does not fit you preconceived views. Calling you Special doesn't change anything, just fits since you can't get a basic concept through your closed mind

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Continue to ignore the point, I am sure you feel like a genius. Watch many games outside the Midwest much? Doubt it. It is hard to believe someone that might understands sports can't realize the changes that a team goes through during the season, but I guess that does not fit you preconceived views. Calling you Special doesn't change anything, just fits since you can't get a basic concept through your closed mind
xlolx You have no idea how incredibly off base and stupid this comment is. Continue on however.

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Who cares, underestimate Lehigh. Hopefully their playoff opponents do to.

Don't appreciate getting lumped in with Pioneer teams though. We are a full scholarship conference, just have a few pesky restrictions that keep us from being top level. Definitely not Pioneer quality though.

BisonFan02
October 30th, 2016, 05:54 PM
xlolx You have no idea how incredibly off base and stupid this comment is. Continue on however.

We do nothing but watch FCS football and text each other dank memes..... xlolx

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2016, 05:55 PM
..........DELAWARE SCHMUCK..........ACTUALLAH CLENZ......SMALLCOLLEGEFBFAN BROUGHT IT UP.....BUT HE WENT AN' EDITED HIS POST.....B/4 ANYONE COOD QUOTE IT........HE HAD SAID UNI WAS 4-4.......UCA BEAR CORRECTED HIM IN POST #5........IT'S WHAA AH ALSO CAME IN WHIFF DUH 3 & 5....ACTUAL RECORD.....REST UH POST DAT WAS REMOVED....WENT ON TA SAY......UNI....BETTERAH DEN PIONEER CHAMP....MEAC CHAMP....PATRIOT CHAMP.....OURAH RECORD IS BAD....OURAH SKED IS GREAT....SO RANK US...AN' LET US DANCE........BLAH BLAH BLAH.............WHO DUH SCHMUCK & FJ.....NOW?..xcoolx......AWK!

Mr C.... 9 year chip on shoulder..... let it go Clenz..... N Iowa shoulda of won that day

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 05:55 PM

Thumper: "I bring nothing to the table" - You really do not understand sports but you are Special. Still have nothing to say that addresses the point, but again you don't understand it so I understand why you have nothing to say that addresses the point.

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 05:57 PM

And most of you know what you are talking about.

BisonFan02
October 30th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Thumper: "I bring nothing to the table" - You really do not understand sports but you are Special. Still have nothing to say that addresses the point, but again you don't understand it so I understand why you have nothing to say that addresses the point.

Oh get over yourself. Finally Lehigh produces a team that is slightly less than ****ty, will likely be a "one and done" autobid out of the PL, and that somehow gives you guys Carte Blanche to be FCS keyboard badassses. xlolx

BisonFan02
October 30th, 2016, 06:00 PM

Thumper has a good understanding of the game of football........but that's none of my business. xlolx

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 06:04 PM
I understand the point completely, but to tell people to disregard prior games is ridiculous and insulting to their intelligence. But, you know, Lehigh has improved so much because they are doing well against PL opponents. Maybe, just maybe, its a combination of improvement AND a slight step down in competition? Do you think maybe thats it? Oh, and maybe those other teams have improved as well? Do you think thats also possible? Improving throughout the season isn't a phenomenon unique to only the PL you know. It has less to do with lack of redshirts and more to do with new players gelling with the veterans. Thats why teams with a bunch of young players seem to progress more. Not because they are young, but because they are not used to being on the field at game speed. But you go ahead and claim its a PL only situation. Which most people would never claim, because they know football. But you're like, a ****ing savant, and you know football and stuff.

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Oh get over yourself. Finally Lehigh produces a team that is slightly less than ****ty, will likely be a "one and done" autobid out of the PL, and that somehow gives you guys Carte Blanche to be FCS keyboard badassses. xlolx
A football is that orange round thing you put through a hoop right?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Who cares, underestimate Lehigh. Hopefully their playoff opponents do to.

Don't appreciate getting lumped in with Pioneer teams though. We are a full scholarship conference, just have a few pesky restrictions that keep us from being top level. Definitely not Pioneer quality though.

Amen.

For whatever reason the PL, and especially Lehigh, are extremely polarizing topics on AGS. People just can't figure what goes on with the "quirky" league from afar. The Ivy League and CAA people get "it" but a large portion of those that live outside of the Northeast can't for the life of them determine what the conference is about.

The Pioneer reference was simply idiotic. That's like saying the AAC is on the Sun Belt's level because it's not as good as the SEC. GTFO.......

The PL's playoff record this decade, while not earth shattering, is still quite respectable all things considered. They league has won 3 playoff games against the CAA, 1 against the MVFC and 2 against the NEC. The PL has won at least one playoff game 5/6 years this decade. Didn't the OVC go a decade or something without a playoff win before Jimmy G. and EIU changed the leagues' fortunes? Odds are Lehigh will be a tough out for a likely CAA opponent.

It's so funny we're here having this debate with Lehigh and PL as the playoffs start. It's happened for the better part of the 13 years I've been AGS and it will likely never change even when we get a team back in the Natty. I knew as Lehigh kept winning the detractors and defenders would come out of the woodwork. It took until the end of October for it to happen. The problem with the PL the last decade or so is it has 1 team that is legitimately good on the national level another Top 40 or team and the rest of the league usually sucks. Colgate is a good team this year but their schedule killed them imo. Fordham is ok but they seem to be slipping back to reality. The rest of the league is trash....

Bottom line, Lehigh needs to take care of Bucknell and Lafayette while avoiding key injuries then get in the playoffs and do some damage if they can avoid one of the Top 4-6 teams early on...

BisonFan02
October 30th, 2016, 06:07 PM
A football is that orange round thing you put through a hoop right?

Really working hard on that MVC membership huh? xlolx

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Really working hard on that MVC membership huh? xlolx
Hell no. Summit League Footballs for teh WINZ!

BisonFan02
October 30th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Hell no. Summit League Footballs for teh WINZ!

**** YEAH! :D

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 06:15 PM

F'N Hawks
October 30th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Since we are disregarding prior games..... I think UND would do quite well if they get sent to Fargo in Round 2.

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 06:24 PM
I understand the point completely, but to tell people to disregard prior games is ridiculous and insulting to their intelligence. But, you know, Lehigh has improved so much because they are doing well against PL opponents. Maybe, just maybe, its a combination of improvement AND a slight step down in competition? Do you think maybe thats it? Oh, and maybe those other teams have improved as well? Do you think thats also possible? Improving throughout the season isn't a phenomenon unique to only the PL you know. It has less to do with lack of redshirts and more to do with new players gelling with the veterans. Thats why teams with a bunch of young players seem to progress more. Not because they are young, but because they are not used to being on the field at game speed. But you go ahead and claim its a PL only situation. Which most people would never claim, because they know football. But you're like, a ****ing savant, and you know football and stuff.

You keep attributing all kinds of arguments to me that I never made, but if that makes you feel more Special go ahead. It just adds to my preconceived perceptions. "I bring nothing to the table"

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 06:28 PM
You keep attributing all kinds of arguments to me that I never made, but if that makes you feel more Special go ahead. It just adds to my preconceived perceptions. "I bring nothing to the table"
Then why are you still talking

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Then why are you still talking

Because your so Special and know so many issues that I have never raised, it is great hearing you spew your Special understanding of Lehigh.

Thumper 76
October 30th, 2016, 06:48 PM

You know just cause you say you didn't argue something doesn't make it true. I don't need to bring anything to the table when its this easy to eat your lunch xcoffeex

Engineer86
October 30th, 2016, 07:01 PM
You know just cause you say you didn't argue something doesn't make it true. I don't need to bring anything to the table when its this easy to eat your lunch xcoffeex

You really are good at dragging up a bunch of nothing. Tough for you to eat anyone's lunch when you can't grasp simple concepts or understand what is being said or by whom. It's ok though, you keep thinking you are Special.

milleniumkat
October 30th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Just finished the NDSU and UNI replay....

all i can say is WOW

Once again, a team solves the NDSU riddle, but can't manage to deliver the killing blow by going away from what they can't defend. The formula is simple, spread them out, force the LBs to chase and cover faster slot WRS. SMFH.

Uni has the game within its reach, aaaaand then comes the tip off the wide open RB in the Red Zone...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161031/fe905e8219a247e03a1a4577cfddc6f8.png

kalm
October 30th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Amen.

For whatever reason the PL, and especially Lehigh, are extremely polarizing topics on AGS. People just can't figure what goes on with the "quirky" league from afar. The Ivy League and CAA people get "it" but a large portion of those that live outside of the Northeast can't for the life of them determine what the conference is about.

The Pioneer reference was simply idiotic. That's like saying the AAC is on the Sun Belt's level because it's not as good as the SEC. GTFO.......

The PL's playoff record this decade, while not earth shattering, is still quite respectable all things considered. They league has won 3 playoff games against the CAA, 1 against the MVFC and 2 against the NEC. The PL has won at least one playoff game 5/6 years this decade. Didn't the OVC go a decade or something without a playoff win before Jimmy G. and EIU changed the leagues' fortunes? Odds are Lehigh will be a tough out for a likely CAA opponent.

It's so funny we're here having this debate with Lehigh and PL as the playoffs start. It's happened for the better part of the 13 years I've been AGS and it will likely never change even when we get a team back in the Natty. I knew as Lehigh kept winning the detractors and defenders would come out of the woodwork. It took until the end of October for it to happen. The problem with the PL the last decade or so is it has 1 team that is legitimately good on the national level another Top 40 or team and the rest of the league usually sucks. Colgate is a good team this year but their schedule killed them imo. Fordham is ok but they seem to be slipping back to reality. The rest of the league is trash....

Bottom line, Lehigh needs to take care of Bucknell and Lafayette while avoiding key injuries then get in the playoffs and do some damage if they can avoid one of the Top 4-6 teams early on...

There's the part you guys need to focus on. Colgate did not schedule themselves out of anything. They scheduled a money game against Syracuse and challenged themselves against an elite CAA. They still had the opportunity to win the auto bid from a conference that, as you admit, is mostly trash.

St. Francis challenged themselves with Montana, Towson, and Albany (being competitive in each of those games btw) and look where they're at now. On the cusp of getting in the playoffs and battle tested. In fact...throw in the Sacred Heart win over Stony Brook, and the NEC is looking as strong as the PL.

If you want more respect, continue with challenging yourselves (see Fordham and EWU), and shy away from snide remarks about good scheduling (a la Colgate).

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2016, 09:53 PM
There's the part you guys need to focus on. Colgate did not schedule themselves out of anything. They scheduled a money game against Syracuse and challenged themselves against an elite CAA. They still had the opportunity to win the auto bid from a conference that, as you admit, is mostly trash.

St. Francis challenged themselves with Montana, Towson, and Albany (being competitive in each of those games btw) and look where they're at now. On the cusp of getting in the playoffs and battle tested. In fact...throw in the Sacred Heart win over Stony Brook, and the NEC is looking as strong as the PL.

If you want more respect, continue with challenging yourselves (see Fordham and EWU), and shy away from snide remarks about good scheduling (a la Colgate).

Colgate is playing a 10 (9 FCS opponents) game schedule, There's no excuse for a 10 game schedule when you drop a team, Bryant, and decide not replace them with anyone. Colgate is playing 6 out of their first 8 games on the road. They did not put together a good schedule this year. Hell, an 11th game against a FCS slug might have them in the at-large conversation. As it is, they're playing for nothing more than a winning record.

Lehigh's schedule is fine. Never D2 opponents and no need for FBS money games. They ended up 2 of the top 3 teams in the Ivy League which is good competition (just ask the CAA this year). Villanova is local opponent that's easily one of the most respected programs in FCS. That's a great game! The only downfall was the horrific first half against an average at best Monmouth to start the year.

The PL has 1 legit Top 20 team in Lehigh and two Top 40 teams in Colgate and Fordham imo. The rest are in the bottom half of FCS. Holy Cross tanking this year did the league no favors. They were up 21-0 on UNH iirc and since then their season has fallen apart.

wmmii
October 31st, 2016, 07:33 AM
UNI can have a great strength of schedule but winning games must start counting this late in the year. We are not playing horseshoes!

kalm
October 31st, 2016, 07:40 AM

Fair enough. Didn't realize Colgate only plays 10 games. Yikes.

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2016, 08:00 AM
I don't think you have to search TOO far to understand where most of the Lehigh hate comes from -- it's the year when they went 10-1 and we had endless discussions about whether or not a team that had zero quality wins of any merit deserved to make the playoffs. They ultimately did not, which made some of us feel great and others of us feel frustrated with the process.

That said, I do largely agree. The Patriot League has beaten some decent teams over the years. Colgate was flat BETTER than UNH in Durham last year -- that wasn't a fluke. They were just a better team, and they were team that lost to us earlier in the season pretty handily. Things happen over the course of the year. If UNH plays Lehigh this year I'd expect to be a dog in that game. I think Lehigh is as good a bet as ANYONE from the CAA, Richmond and JMU included, to hang with the best.

The problem with the PL is the bottom. After Fordham/Lehigh/Colgate it's a lot of meh. They need a few other schools (Holy Cross, Lafayette) to take a competitive step forward on a consistent basis. Lafayette seems great occasionally and terrible otherwise.

clenz
October 31st, 2016, 08:11 AM
UNI can have a great strength of schedule but winning games must start counting this late in the year. We are not playing horseshoes!
No one is advocating for UNI.

Holy ****, you CAA ****s are butt hurt

smilo
October 31st, 2016, 08:34 AM
No one is advocating for UNI.

Holy ****, you CAA ****s are butt hurt

Yes we are. UNI is a top 20 team.

clenz
October 31st, 2016, 08:35 AM
Yes we are. UNI is a top 20 team.
You're dumb if you think that.

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 08:37 AM

This is what the conference parrots fail to understand...a conference isn't indicative of a team. The Patriot also often wins those games on the road.

What is funny is that UND, the Big Fluffy leader, went to Stony Brook and got beaten...and Stony Brook is NOT a good team. They have a decent, but not great, D...but they have no offense that keeps any DCs up at night. So now UNH beats them and people say UNH must be really good. xlolx

Did anyone watch that NDSU-UNI game? Holy crap, what a **** fest. I pointed out that UNI had a big QB problem, among many other problems, and people said I was nuts. Happy to see they made a change at QB, but holy crap that guy was giving INTs away like it was Halloween candy. And no, those weren't forced INTs...the guy simply gave them away. Choke City. That wasn't two top 10 teams playing...that was a bad UNI team playing an NDSU team that isn't a top 5 team (and I am being generous). Stick looked like a deer in the headlights. You have to question where his head is right now. Did his girlfriend break up with him or something? He almost got away with that garbage against SDSU (hello...I mentioned SDSU didn't have a defense worth a damn...but again, the homers slammed me). NDSU still hasn't figured out a way to defend a good passing game...especially one with a mobile QB. And Montana...xlolx

Anyway, I have a few more games to watch, but if some folks are still stuck on voting conference affiliations, then stupidity remains on full display in here. xthumbsupx

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=ngineer;2402765]
Well, ****. In that case, those games didn't count then. I think Lehigh should have a minimum top 2 seed in that case. Cause not only does SOS not matter for SHSU, but the beginning of the season doesn't matter for PL teams either. Unless you are talking about a PL team they beat. In which case, their playoff performance from the year before does matter. Lehigh vs SHSU championship this year boys. #bookit

Awwww...SDSU goes back to its losing ways and they brush off loses and try to ride the coattails of the other kids on the block.

How cute. xlolx

Get a defense.

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 08:49 AM

xthumbsupx

Clenz needs a cleansing...maybe some prunes would help...or some Metamucil.

F'N Hawks
October 31st, 2016, 08:51 AM
This is what the conference parrots fail to understand...a conference isn't indicative of a team. The Patriot also often wins those games on the road.

What is funny is that UND, the Big Fluffy leader, went to Stony Brook and got beaten...and Stony Brook is NOT a good team. They have a decent, but not great, D...but they have no offense that keeps any DCs up at night. So now UNH beats them and people say UNH must be really good. xlolx

Anyway, I have a few more games to watch, but if some folks are still stuck on voting conference affiliations, then stupidity remains on full display in here. xthumbsupx

In that case, Richmond really sucks donkey nuts and is the most overrated team in FCS history.

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2016, 08:59 AM
Awwww...SDSU goes back to its losing ways and they brush off loses and try to ride the coattails of the other kids on the block.

How cute. xlolx

This is rich given your incessant slurping of Sam Houston.

clenz
October 31st, 2016, 09:04 AM
Did anyone watch that NDSU-UNI game? Holy crap, what a **** fest. I pointed out that UNI had a big QB problem, among many other problems, and people said I was nuts. Happy to see they made a change at QB, but holy crap that guy was giving INTs away like it was Halloween candy. And no, those weren't forced INTs...the guy simply gave them away.
Well it was just his second career start. In those two starts he's now 48-78 for 671 yards with 4 TD and 4 INT.

2 of the picks were bad, forced throws, No doubt. One wasn't a terrible throw but was a miscommunication between he and WR (it was a true freshman that was the target and a sophomore QB making his second career start...**** like that happens). The final one hit the WR in the hands and should have been caught. That was at the 23 yard line going in with a chance to win. If the RB holds on to that pass who knows what happens with one shot at the end zone.

UNI isn't a good team. It would be a significantly better team if Dunne had been starting all year, but he hasn't and he didn't. Now we are installing/using a completely different playbook at mid point of the season. Good teams don't do that.

There are signs there may be life, if Farley doesn't **** around with **** on offense, over the off season but that's the best thing we can say about the offense right now.

Literally not one person said, over the last month plus, that UNI didn't have a QB problem. Go find one person that has been happy with the QB play since week 1. I won't wait for you to find one, because you won't. I went and checked PantherNation - September 10th there was a thread started calling for Bailey to be benched. For the record that thread was started within 40 minutes of the end of the Montana game. That means the person either wasn't at the game or was posting from their car in the parking lot as it takes about an hour to get out of most lots after a UNI game.

You are cherry picking posts, twisting posts, or sometimes just straight making **** up to fuel whatever angst you feel against UNI at this point.

F'N Hawks
October 31st, 2016, 09:10 AM
Well it was just his second career start. In those two starts he's now 48-78 for 671 yards with 4 TD and 4 INT.

2 of the picks were bad, forced throws, No doubt. One wasn't a terrible throw but was a miscommunication between he and WR (it was a true freshman that was the target and a sophomore QB making his second career start...**** like that happens). The final one hit the WR in the hands and should have been caught. That was at the 23 yard line going in with a chance to win. If the RB holds on to that pass who knows what happens with one shot at the end zone.

UNI isn't a good team. It would be a significantly better team if Dunne had been starting all year, but he hasn't and he didn't. Now we are installing/using a completely different playbook at mid point of the season. Good teams don't do that.

There are signs there may be life, if Farley doesn't **** around with **** on offense, over the off season but that's the best thing we can say about the offense right now.

Literally not one person said, over the last month plus, that UNI didn't have a QB problem. Go find one person that has been happy with the QB play since week 1. I won't wait for you to find one, because you won't. I went and checked PantherNation - September 10th there was a thread started calling for Bailey to be benched.

You are cherry picking posts, twisting posts, or sometimes just straight making **** up to fuel whatever angst you feel against UNI at this point.

I posted during the game about the timeout he took to decide whether to go for 2 or kick the XP. They were trailing at the time, did he not think he was going to need that TO later? They would have got the ball back with a minute left instead of 18 seconds or whatever. What a dumb timeout to take.

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 09:27 AM

Thee you go again....conference indicates quality.

Do you have any idea about what you just posted? Let me save you the answer...no, you do not know about the things you just posted. Let me clue you in a bit:

No one, NO ONE, is challenged by playing Towson (even before their injuries). CAA pre-season #6, in a down CAA. CAA or not, Towson is a dumpster full of crap this year. And Albany? Too funny...preseason #11 (out of 12..only Rhode Island was below them). Yup, another crap team. Read those sentences again before you post another silly thought.

But...but...but...CAA. xlolx

And kalm, St. Francis performance against Montana is an indication of Montana's standing. Shall I remind you...Montana gained just over 200 yards against UNI...and UNI ain't good. But yeah, Montana is from the Big Sky, so they must be really, really good. Montana is a slightly above average team this year...nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, and there's that Stony Brook mention again. Preseason #8 (below Delaware). Do you guys watch the games or do you just look at the scores? Stony Brook isn't any good. Just because they are in the CAA doesn't mean that they are good. For God's sake people, wake up.

Temple beat Stony Brook 38-0...and they were kind.
Stony Brook beat Rhode Island 14-3. <----- That is not a misprint. Do you realize that JMU could have scored 100 on URI?
Stony Brook barely beat Towson 27-20 (1-7 Towson).
Stony Brook got beat by UNH 43-14.
Stony Brook lost to Sacred Heart 38-10.

Let me know if you see the obvious pattern. Stony Brook isn't built to score points and their QB is terrible. They have been on both ends of a couple strange games that sum up the story of their team.

Stop looking at the Richmond win as an indicator that Stony Brook is any good. The game was an aberration...Richmond has some real problems and that game got away from them because of some specific issues. Stony Brook gets some lift from their D against certain teams, but their O is their own worst enemy. Overall, not a good team.

You lose any credibility when you reference Towson, Albany, and Stony Brook as good teams.

Cripes, it is hard to take some people seriously when they make comments like that.

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 09:34 AM
In that case, Richmond really sucks donkey nuts and is the most overrated team in FCS history.

Richmond is vulnerable...they are not a chipper type of team. But, they can beat most teams.

Hey, you did a great job of taking one game and drawing a conclusion...congrats! Did you understand what happened in that game? Do you understand that some games just get out of hand...especially for a team built like Richmond? Richmond would in the rematch easily (NDSU/Montana come to mind?), but that's what you get when you use a scoreboard to indicate a team's quality.

clenz
October 31st, 2016, 09:36 AM
I posted during the game about the timeout he took to decide whether to go for 2 or kick the XP. They were trailing at the time, did he not think he was going to need that TO later? They would have got the ball back with a minute left instead of 18 seconds or whatever. What a dumb timeout to take.
Farley is a lot like Les Miles with clock management....he's bad at it. Always has been probably always will be.

I'm a big proponent of going for 2 and going for it on fourth down significantly more than "the book" would tell anyone too. There are more and more studies coming out showing that win % and win probability actually go up by not punting and settling for field goals and extra points.

I don't remember if the TO was one where he lined up to go for 2 called the TO and kicked it or that was a result of a false start (might have happened both times).

Either way I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why at 24-19 he'd kick the PAT. There is nothing gained there, at all. 24-19 is no different than 24-20 unless he was thinking "Well, if we hold them to a FG than we still have a shot with a TD an XP rather than TD and 2 point conversion."

That's the logical fallacy I hate. "Well if they score than we still have this". What if they don't score? Then you've ****ed yourself from being able to tie with a field goal. Trust you defense that had been making stops. Trust your offence that had been moving the ball.

He's indecisive in tough moments. That leads to usually burning at least one third quarter time out.
He gets super conservative late. He coaches not to lose. It's why UNI is now 25-38 in one score games going back to 08.

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 09:36 AM
This is rich given your incessant slurping of Sam Houston.

Funny, I didn't mention Sam Houston. You did. xlolx

How's that butt plug working for ya'? xthumbsupx

F'N Hawks
October 31st, 2016, 09:37 AM
Richmond is vulnerable...they are not a chipper type of team. But, they can beat most teams.

Hey, you did a great job of taking one game and drawing a conclusion...congrats! Did you understand what happened in that game? Do you understand that some games just get out of hand...especially for a team built like Richmond? Richmond would in the rematch easily (NDSU/Montana come to mind?), but that's what you get when you use a scoreboard to indicate a team's quality.

It was 42-14. Good lord, how bad is Richmond to give up 42 to a team that cannot score and isn't built to score? The UND defense gave up 7.

clenz
October 31st, 2016, 09:37 AM
Richmond would in the rematch easily (NDSU/Montana come to mind?), but that's what you get when you use a scoreboard to indicate a team's quality.
Oh irony

TheRevSFA
October 31st, 2016, 09:39 AM
Funny, I didn't mention Sam Houston.

For once.........

kalm
October 31st, 2016, 09:48 AM
Thee you go again....conference indicates quality.

Do you have any idea about what you just posted? Let me save you the answer...no, you do not know about the things you just posted. Let me clue you in a bit:

No one, NO ONE, is challenged by playing Towson (even before their injuries). CAA pre-season #6, in a down CAA. CAA or not, Towson is a dumpster full of crap this year. And Albany? Too funny...preseason #11 (out of 12..only Rhode Island was below them). Yup, another crap team. Read those sentences again before you post another silly thought.

But...but...but...CAA. xlolx

And kalm, St. Francis performance against Montana is an indication of Montana's standing. Shall I remind you...Montana gained just over 200 yards against UNI...and UNI ain't good. But yeah, Montana is from the Big Sky, so they must be really, really good. Montana is a slightly above average team this year...nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, and there's that Stony Brook mention again. Preseason #8 (below Delaware). Do you guys watch the games or do you just look at the scores? Stony Brook isn't any good. Just because they are in the CAA doesn't mean that they are good. For God's sake people, wake up.

Temple beat Stony Brook 38-0...and they were kind.
Stony Brook beat Rhode Island 14-3. <----- That is not a misprint. Do you realize that JMU could have scored 100 on URI?
Stony Brook barely beat Towson 27-20 (1-7 Towson).
Stony Brook got beat by UNH 43-14.
Stony Brook lost to Sacred Heart 38-10.

Let me know if you see the obvious pattern. Stony Brook isn't built to score points and their QB is terrible. They have been on both ends of a couple strange games that sum up the story of their team.

Stop looking at the Richmond win as an indicator that Stony Brook is any good. The game was an aberration...Richmond has some real problems and that game got away from them because of some specific issues. Stony Brook gets some lift from their D against certain teams, but their O is their own worst enemy. Overall, not a good team.

You lose any credibility when you reference Towson, Albany, and Stony Brook as good teams.

Cripes, it is hard to take some people seriously when they make comments like that.

Lol!

Context and relativity there, Clucky. SFPA's OOC is challenging compared to Lehigh's. If Lehigh wants greater relevance and respect from AGS members and voters, schedule and beat teams comsidered above you in the pecking order.

Your like a combination of JSO and Morrissey....long winded posts full of blackness and loathing.

Lmao....

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 09:51 AM

Literally not one person said, over the last month plus, that UNI didn't have a QB problem. Go find one person that has been happy with the QB play since week 1. I won't wait for you to find one, because you won't. I went and checked PantherNation - September 10th there was a thread started calling for Bailey to be benched. For the record that thread was started within 40 minutes of the end of the Montana game. That means the person either wasn't at the game or was posting from their car in the parking lot as it takes about an hour to get out of most lots after a UNI game.

Hey...football talk! xthumbsupx

Your QB problem was evident from the very start. The hilarious thing was that people on here, people who said they knew football, kept saying UNI was a great team. Cripes, as the evidence kept pouring in, all the clowns kept saying (and still say) was that UNI played in the MVFC and would beat 118 of the 123 FCS teams. xnutsx

And people still give credit to teams beating UNI, as if UNI were a good team. You aren't. And SDSU isn't a top 10 team...but they can't see their own weaknesses even when it gets shoved in their faces.

BTW, I have no problem with UNI...they've never bothered to beat UD (as with most MVFC teams), but UNI has become a symbol of the silliness of the insular MVFC thinking. Sorry you have to carry that burden, but the whole, "we're built to beat NDSU, so we must be among the best" is something that comes with repercussions.

Your young QB needs to get his head on straight....those were some horrific INTs. I haven't been impressed with your WRs all year either. NDSU is vulnerable this year, but you let them off the hook. Too bad...a victory would have put NDSU down a few notches where they actually deserve to be this year.

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2016, 09:54 AM
Funny, I didn't mention Sam Houston. You did. xlolx

How's that butt plug working for ya'? xthumbsupx
Yeah.... you did.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?187593-That-Other-poll-10-24-16&p=2400429#post2400429
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?187593-That-Other-poll-10-24-16&p=2399884#post2399884
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?187593-That-Other-poll-10-24-16&p=2399791#post2399791
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?187593-That-Other-poll-10-24-16&p=2399791#post2399791
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?186739-Northern-Iowa&p=2391365#post2391365

I know there's plenty more that's all of your drivel I really have the energy to go through and link. But by all means keeps looking at yourself as a beacon of objectivity. xthumbsupx

POD Knows
October 31st, 2016, 10:01 AM
Farley is a lot like Les Miles with clock management....he's bad at it. Always has been probably always will be.

I'm a big proponent of going for 2 and going for it on fourth down significantly more than "the book" would tell anyone too. There are more and more studies coming out showing that win % and win probability actually go up by not punting and settling for field goals and extra points.

I don't remember if the TO was one where he lined up to go for 2 called the TO and kicked it or that was a result of a false start (might have happened both times).

Either way I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why at 24-19 he'd kick the PAT. There is nothing gained there, at all. 24-19 is no different than 24-20 unless he was thinking "Well, if we hold them to a FG than we still have a shot with a TD an XP rather than TD and 2 point conversion."

That's the logical fallacy I hate. "Well if they score than we still have this". What if they don't score? Then you've ****ed yourself from being able to tie with a field goal. Trust you defense that had been making stops. Trust your offence that had been moving the ball.

He's indecisive in tough moments. That leads to usually burning at least one third quarter time out.
He gets super conservative late. He coaches not to lose. It's why UNI is now 25-38 in one score games going back to 08.

They should have went for 2 regardless of the penalty, one point was completely meaningless. It was brain lock BS, they were going to have to throw for it anyway.

Twentysix
October 31st, 2016, 10:06 AM
There was a point in that game I think it was the end of the 2nd qtr there was like 1 minute left and it was super logical for NDSU to kick an onsides kick because of extra penalty yardage that moved the kicking location (we were kicking from the 50 yd line). I don't know why we always boot it out the endzone when we have a tiny lead that we clearly can't hold onto this year. 14-3 is not a commanding lead and the chance of UNI recovering an onsides kick 60 yds from their endzone isn't much different than 75 yds from their endzone, when it could have yeilded NDSU control of the ball on the 40 yd line. Riverboat stig would have kicked onsides.

I am not usually an advocate of onsides kick, but that was a tear my hair out moment.

clenz
October 31st, 2016, 10:14 AM
They should have went for 2 regardless of the penalty, one point was completely meaningless. It was brain lock BS, they were going to have to throw for it anyway.
100% agree. It was Farley going conservative once again. The one time he's been overly agressive this year was at Iowa State. Line up for a FG to make the game 12-13 going into half. Iowa State called a time out before the snap of the field goal and Farley came out to get a touchdown. It worked and UNI went into half up 3 rather than down 1 (or 4). That was just 1 minute after a Karter Schult sack resulting in a safety. I wish Farley was more aggressive. It's cost him way too often.

There was a point in that game I think it was the end of the 2nd qtr there was like 1 minute left and it was super logical for NDSU to kick an onsides kick because of extra penalty yardage that moved the kicking location. I don't know why we always boot it out the endzone when we have a tiny lead that we clearly can't hold onto this year. 14-3 is not a commanding lead. Riverboat stig would have kicked onsides.
100% agree with this also. After a PF I think teams should onside it probably 60% of the time. You're kicking from the 50. A good onside kick will be recovered, by either team, at about the 35-37 yard line. Sure, that's 10 or so yards shorter than a normal kick off, but it's ONLY 10-15 yards with a 30-40% shot at recovering vs zero chance at getting the ball back.

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2016, 10:20 AM

How cute. xlolx

Get a defense.
Whose coattails exactly? The teams we beat? The only conference loss we have is against a **** team. Are you advocating for Richmond? Cause SDSU has more wins against the top of their conference than Richmond does. Oh, and I've said many times already since that game that SDSU should drop like a rock. Hey, you just keep on with your MVFC vendetta though buddy. Let that bitterness about UD being trash flow.

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 10:23 AM
It was 42-14. Good lord, how bad is Richmond to give up 42 to a team that cannot score and isn't built to score? The UND defense gave up 7.

Bottom line, Richmond didn't keep Stony in front of them and they paid for it. SB's first score was aided by a 38 yard run. Richmond then gave up a 49 yard TD run, and then a 47 yard TD pass. 21 points off 3 big mistakes, but Richmond was still in the game at 14-21.

To start the second half, Richmond gave up a TD off the KO, so it was 28-14. The UR QB then gave up two INTs on consecutive possessions after the KO return for the TD. Games sometimes get out of hand when you don't play a grind it out style that eats up clock.

Mind you, UR's D is their biggest weakness, but the Stony game was an anomaly in that Stony simply can't score that many points without some big plays or TOs. Watch that team...they simply can't sustain their offense against any decent D. If they fixed their O, they'd be pretty good...but their O stinks.

The JMU-UR game should be fun. UR D can't handle JMU's O, but JMU D doesn't handle anyone. Almost like a Big Fluffy game. :D

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 10:26 AM
Lol!

Context and relativity there, Clucky. SFPA's OOC is challenging compared to Lehigh's. If Lehigh wants greater relevance and respect from AGS members and voters, schedule and beat teams comsidered above you in the pecking order.

Your like a combination of JSO and Morrissey....long winded posts full of blackness and loathing.

Lmao....

Funny word...you considered Towson above anyone...and Albany.

That is the problem...you don't know what you are talking about...you simply think, "CAA team" and plug in some silly conclusion.

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 10:34 AM
Oh irony

What irony? I don't just look at the scores...I go back and look at the game.

Too many people rely on the scoreboard. Understandable, since there is only so much time, but let's not kid ourselves...too many voters are lazy.

There are lots of games where the better teams doesn't win...and there are a lot of games that are the results of certain match up problems. Just because Team A beats Team B, and Team B beats Team C, is doesn't mean that Team A will beat Team C. And just because a team plays another team close, it doesn't mean that the teams should be ranked closely (<----- that type of thinking is waaaaaaaay to prevalent around here).

Anyway, go ahead and point out the actual irony. I'm sure you'll find something...or will you deflect?

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 10:40 AM
Yeah.... you did.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?187593-That-Other-poll-10-24-16&p=2400429#post2400429
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?187593-That-Other-poll-10-24-16&p=2399884#post2399884
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?186739-Northern-Iowa&p=2391365#post2391365

I know there's plenty more that's all of your drivel I really have the energy to go through and link. But by all means keeps looking at yourself as a beacon of objectivity. xthumbsupx

ADHD much? xeyebrowx

You'd be more accurately named Professor Stuck On Stupid. xnodx

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 10:56 AM
Whose coattails exactly? The teams we beat? The only conference loss we have is against a **** team. Are you advocating for Richmond? Cause SDSU has more wins against the top of their conference than Richmond does. Oh, and I've said many times already since that game that SDSU should drop like a rock. Hey, you just keep on with your MVFC vendetta though buddy. Let that bitterness about UD being trash flow.

Advocating for Richmond? You should take a break...your mind is not capable of understanding the written word.

Here is what you don't get:

You thought SDSU was a top 5 team. You thought so because you only saw what you wanted to see. Your D is incapable of stopping anyone's offense and you get little pressure from your DL (your DL is a weakness) on opposing QBs. You will get, and have been, picked apart by a good offense.

The O is solid, with good skill people, but your OL isn't overwhelming anyone and gets beaten too often. The thing that saves you is your QB's mobility.

These things, and others, haven't changed, but you might be seeing the light.

Have fun...you guys are having a decent year. Enjoy that. But don't try to convince anyone that your team is top 5 or top 10 because you've played a hard schedule.

- - - Updated - - -

I just hope that rude JSUSouthern guy doesn't interrupt again...I'm on a roll.

YoUDeeMan
October 31st, 2016, 10:57 AM

^^^^^ That was supposed to be its own post.

Can't be interrupting my post count.

Mattymc727
October 31st, 2016, 11:03 AM
I guess UD is having such a bad year the only fun for UD fans is to come onto message boards and ruin the party for everyone else?

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2016, 11:06 AM
Advocating for Richmond? You should take a break...your mind is not capable of understanding the written word.

Here is what you don't get:

You thought SDSU was a top 5 team. You thought so because you only saw what you wanted to see. Your D is incapable of stopping anyone's offense and you get little pressure from your DL (your DL is a weakness) on opposing QBs. You will get, and have been, picked apart by a good offense.

The O is solid, with good skill people, but your OL isn't overwhelming anyone and gets beaten too often. The thing that saves you is your QB's mobility.

These things, and others, haven't changed, but you might be seeing the light.

Have fun...you guys are having a decent year. Enjoy that. But don't try to convince anyone that your team is top 5 or top 10 because you've played a hard schedule.

- - - Updated - - -

Where the hell did I advocate for top 5? Seriously get back on your meds. Do you ever post anything with a basis in fact or is it always just **** you make up.

mango433
October 31st, 2016, 11:12 AM
Where the hell did I advocate for top 5? Seriously get back on your meds. Do you ever post anything with a basis in fact or is it always just **** you make up.

You know the answer to this...

ngineer
October 31st, 2016, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2402775]

How cute. xlolx

Get a defense.

That post was never made by me. Someone did a cut 'n paste job on something and attributed to me.

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2016, 12:02 PM
That post was never made by me. Someone did a cut 'n paste job on something and attributed to me.
Both of you are just quoting without fixing it, so it looks like its quoting the person who was previously quoted. He was taking a shot at me, at least trying to.

kalm
October 31st, 2016, 12:12 PM
Funny word...you considered Towson above anyone...and Albany.

That is the problem...you don't know what you are talking about...you simply think, "CAA team" and plug in some silly conclusion.

Newsflash Clucky:

Certain conferences ARE better than others.

Certain teams are considered better based on who they return (see SHSU)

Are these absolutes? No. Some of this is perception and ends up not being the reality. Hence...Lehigh is perceived to have a weak schedule. SFPA is perceived to have played a more difficult schedule than Lehigh's. To PL and NEC schools, playing Towson, Montana, and Albany tough is a positive regardless of whether or not you think those teams suck in a decent year.

http://m.memegen.com/6hfrhn.jpg

clenz
October 31st, 2016, 12:39 PM
Hey...football talk! xthumbsupx

Your QB problem was evident from the very start. The hilarious thing was that people on here, people who said they knew football, kept saying UNI was a great team. Cripes, as the evidence kept pouring in, all the clowns kept saying (and still say) was that UNI played in the MVFC and would beat 118 of the 123 FCS teams. xnutsx

BTW, I have no problem with UNI...they've never bothered to beat UD (as with most MVFC teams), but UNI has become a symbol of the silliness of the insular MVFC thinking. Sorry you have to carry that burden, but the whole, "we're built to beat NDSU, so we must be among the best" is something that comes with repercussions.

Your young QB needs to get his head on straight....those were some horrific INTs. I haven't been impressed with your WRs all year either. NDSU is vulnerable this year, but you let them off the hook. Too bad...a victory would have put NDSU down a few notches where they actually deserve to be this year.
The problem/reason that most think/thought Bailey was going to get going is because he showed last year that he can create a **** ton of offense. He isn't a great thrower but when used for what he is he is good at it. Well, UNI wanted to create more balance on the passing game this year. Well, Bailey wasn't getting it done but the thought/hope was he either figures the passing game out or UNI just goes back to what it did last year.

I would argue that UNI would have a real good record playing the schedule that...say...SHSU, Jacksonville State, Wofford, Samford, etc... have played. I know computers are computers and have their limitations but last week, for ****s and grins, I ran simulations with UNI playing SHSU's schedule and SHSU playing UNI's. Turns out UNI, in theory, would be undefeated against SHSU's schedule. Averaging about the same PPG, giving up fewer PPG (AAMF having given up fewer points on the season (44) than SHSU gave up to UIW (48)).

Running SHSU through UNI's schedule they would also have been sitting 3-4 (in theory) against UNI's schedule going into this past weekend. UNI and SHSU would have shared common wins over SIU and Missouri State but UNI's win over Iowa State would have been a loss and UNI's loss to South Dakota would have been a win for SHSU. UNI had 4 losses by a combined 20 points going into last weekend, SHSU's four hypothetical losses were by a combined 29)

I don't think UNI is a top 25 team. However, to bring in your post about explain the irony about you saying "don't judge a team only by scores", we start to see a slight logical fallacy. SHSU must be really good because they are putting up a ton of points and winning. UNI must suck because they are losing. Well, SOS does play a factor into that and there is zero way to say SHSU has actually been challenged by their schedule. Part of it is they are a pretty good team, the other part is they have played a complete dog **** schedule.

I don't get into the MVFC puffing their chest out. That's not my thing. Just wait for my next FCS Wedge article...hopefully later this week...I hope...if things go well.

I'm not worried about our QB, neither should you be. Second career start. He's completing 62% of his passes. I already said two of his picks were bad, sure (but as you said sometimes games just go south...remember?). His last one was in the receivers hand and it wasn't caught and became a tip drill for the defender. I'm not worried.

You're not impressed with our WR corp? Oh well. It's played the last 6 years without a QB. That's a lie, because looking at our WR make up it's nearly all freshman. WR starting/seeing all of the PT/targets:
RB/WR Michael Malloy - senior
WR Daurice Fountain - junior
TE Elias Nissen - sophomore
WR Marcus Weymiller - sophomore
WR Christian Jegen - freshman
WR Jaylin James - freshman
WR Jalen Rima - freshman
WR/RB Trevor Allen - freshman
TE Briley Moore - freshman

Noticing a trend? Couple that with a sophomore QB with one career start going into last week and it turns out you have have some route communication issues with routes being cut off, run the inside instead of outside or visa versa, etc... I'm not too worried you aren't overly impressed with a WR corp that has two upperclassman and one of them being a third year junior and 5 freshman on the field.

At this point you're doing a piss poor job hiding your anti-MVFC vendetta.

Hammerhead
October 31st, 2016, 01:23 PM
I was hoping for a squib kick that might get handled around the 20 by an upback or put some air under the kick for extra hangtime like a punt. If you kick it to the 10 yard line, they have to return it (or signal fair catch) even if there is someone right in your face.

There was a point in that game I think it was the end of the 2nd qtr there was like 1 minute left and it was super logical for NDSU to kick an onsides kick because of extra penalty yardage that moved the kicking location (we were kicking from the 50 yd line). I don't know why we always boot it out the endzone when we have a tiny lead that we clearly can't hold onto this year. 14-3 is not a commanding lead and the chance of UNI recovering an onsides kick 60 yds from their endzone isn't much different than 75 yds from their endzone, when it could have yeilded NDSU control of the ball on the 40 yd line. Riverboat stig would have kicked onsides.

I am not usually an advocate of onsides kick, but that was a tear my hair out moment.

PantherRob82
October 31st, 2016, 01:29 PM
You really are good at dragging up a bunch of nothing. Tough for you to eat anyone's lunch when you can't grasp simple concepts or understand what is being said or by whom. It's ok though, you keep thinking you are Special.

SHSU 7
Lehigh 1
USD 1
CSU 1

WrenFGun
October 31st, 2016, 01:35 PM
I came here to post that UNI shouldn't get consideration at 6-5, only to look at their schedule and realize if they win out they'd have wins over Iowa State, South Dakota State and Western Illinois, plus close losses to Montana, Eastern Washington, SDSU and YSU.

...I love tough schedules, but is UNI doing too much here? Eastern Washington, Montana AND FBS in non-conference? Jesus, that's brutal.

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2016, 01:42 PM
I came here to post that UNI shouldn't get consideration at 6-5, only to look at their schedule and realize if they win out they'd have wins over Iowa State, South Dakota State and Western Illinois, plus close losses to Montana, Eastern Washington, SDSU and YSU.

...I love tough schedules, but is UNI doing too much here? Eastern Washington, Montana AND FBS in non-conference? Jesus, that's brutal.
NDSU's non-conference schedule was tougher. The difference is NDSU won 3 tight non-conference games and UNI lost 2 of 3 tight non-conference games. UNI had the chops to win both the games they lost but they didn't. That should and will hurt them in the rankings and in the selection committee room if they are able to get back above .500 this season.

clenz
October 31st, 2016, 01:52 PM

UNI shouldn't be a playoff team. Not worth discussing...seriously.

The OOC record over the last 20 years against the FCS is something like 35ish-4, including this year. It's not that the games were too tough, UNI could *coughshouldcough* have won both. This year was just another shining example of running a failed system until it's too late. If we'd have played the right QB and right system from the start UNI is probably 1 loss team (2 at worst). We didn't and we aren't. End of story.

Watch for a scheduling change for UNI in the coming years though. Our old AD loved to force schedules like this. Our new AD? I'm betting he doesn't as rumor has it Farley isn't a fan of the strain playing 5 ranked conference teams each year on top of an FBS and two top flight FCS games. Physically it's not worth it, as good as it looks.

I've said it elsewhere (somewhere you likely won't have read) that I want series, DGAF if it's H/Hs with Drake, SEMO, EIU, Valpo, etc...

I'll take all the **** in the world for cupcake OOC if it means getting out healthy and with at least 2 wins.

POD Knows
October 31st, 2016, 06:46 PM
UNI shouldn't be a playoff team. Not worth discussing...seriously.

The OOC record over the last 20 years against the FCS is something like 35ish-4, including this year. It's not that the games were too tough, UNI could *coughshouldcough* have won both. This year was just another shining example of running a failed system until it's too late. If we'd have played the right QB and right system from the start UNI is probably 1 loss team (2 at worst). We didn't and we aren't. End of story.

Watch for a scheduling change for UNI in the coming years though. Our old AD loved to force schedules like this. Our new AD? I'm betting he doesn't as rumor has it Farley isn't a fan of the strain playing 5 ranked conference teams each year on top of an FBS and two top flight FCS games. Physically it's not worth it, as good as it looks.

I've said it elsewhere (somewhere you likely won't have read) that I want series, DGAF if it's H/Hs with Drake, SEMO, EIU, Valpo, etc...

I'll take all the **** in the world for cupcake OOC if it means getting out healthy and with at least 2 wins.

I agree 100% with this, when you basically play three national championship level opponents before you even start conference plays is BS.

caribbeanhen
October 31st, 2016, 07:00 PM
holy geezus, The Clucker is going rolling thru the mid-west like a 49er with visions of gold