PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 Attendance

Ivytalk
October 29th, 2016, 07:33 PM
7012 in Hanover for Harvard's narrow win over Dartmouth.

Hammerhead
October 29th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Lots of empty seats at Northern Iowa. I wonder if the World Series kept some people at home.

UAalum72
October 29th, 2016, 07:43 PM
An announced 3916 on a cool, breezy and damp afternoon to see Albany beat Elon.

ElCid
October 29th, 2016, 07:47 PM
12978 saw my Bulldogs win over ETSU today in Charleston.

Samford game next week is almost sold out.

ngineer
October 29th, 2016, 07:53 PM
I'd estimate about 7,000 at Goodman to see Lehigh and Fordham. Disappointing turnout imo.

MR. CHICKEN
October 29th, 2016, 07:57 PM
17,488........HOME-COMERS....SLEPT THRU.....HENS 20 -6......HO-HUM TOWSON AFFAIR..........JOE FLACCO....PRESENT.....AS HE WAS....INDUCTED INTA UD HALL O' FAME....AWK!

JSUSoutherner
October 29th, 2016, 08:13 PM
21,655 people saw JSU steamroll EIU in Jacksonville today.

Daytripper
October 29th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Don't know the number, but a great crowd in Huntsville for Parent's/Family weekend. Probably 80% full...which I will take.

tomq04
October 29th, 2016, 10:31 PM
10,953 in Cheney, 5th highest attendance... All of which are Montana or Montana St games I believe.

ASU33
October 29th, 2016, 10:39 PM
70,813 in Birmingham to watch the 75th Annual Magic City Classic. Unfortunately we lost in OT to the Mutts 42-41.

Daytripper
October 29th, 2016, 10:41 PM
70,813 in Birmingham to watch the 75th Annual Magic City Classic. Unfortunately we lost in OT to the Mutts 42-41.

Congrats on the great crowd!

ASU33
October 29th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Congrats on the great crowd!

Thanks man. It would've been nice to get the win though instead of us getting our hearts ripped out.

Red & Black
October 29th, 2016, 11:40 PM
10,931 in Cheney today to watch the Eags stomp the Griz.

TheEagleSHSU
October 30th, 2016, 12:51 AM
Don't know the number, but a great crowd in Huntsville for Parent's/Family weekend. Probably 80% full...which I will take.

8,611 in Huntsville to watch the Kats

th0m
October 30th, 2016, 05:02 AM
23841 at Bridgeforth for Homecoming weekend against our D2 opponent URI. Stands didn't really look that full the second half (can't really blame them!)

ngineer
October 30th, 2016, 12:56 PM

Wow. That is cool. Great to see such support.

hawkineer
October 30th, 2016, 01:22 PM
I'd estimate about 7,000 at Goodman to see Lehigh and Fordham. Disappointing turnout imo.

One of the problems is that the visitors to Goodman don't seem to travel very well. The last two home games, Colgate and Fordham, were championship games. Neither school brought more than 100 or so fans. Lehigh takes that on the road with 2 Southside Booster buses.

Also carrying all of the home games on local cable doesn't help. The school must get more from the cable contract than ticket sales to continue the relationship with Service Electric.

The student turn out yesterday seemed low. Not sure whether or not they were on break.

PAllen
October 30th, 2016, 01:48 PM
One of the problems is that the visitors to Goodman don't seem to travel very well. The last two home games, Colgate and Fordham, were championship games. Neither school brought more than 100 or so fans. Lehigh takes that on the road with 2 Southside Booster buses.

Also carrying all of the home games on local cable doesn't help. The school must get more from the cable contract than ticket sales to continue the relationship with Service Electric.

The student turn out yesterday seemed low. Not sure whether or not they were on break.

I dusagree on the cable contract. Folks like me who are too far away with too many family commitments to realistically make it to Bethlehem for more than one game every couple of years would never see a game if it weren't streamed on the internet. If the purpose of the program is exposure for the university, you want as many games as possible to be broadcast in as high a quality as possible to as big an audience as possible. I do miss the days of a full Goodman, and perhaps there is something to the plan to move the cameras to the visitor's side as the home side is usually fairly full. But cutting the cable contract in any way in order to get even a few thousand more in the stands would be a big mistake. Getting students over the hill is what should be a big priority.

SFA 93
October 30th, 2016, 02:08 PM
2,811 at Benson Stadium in San Antonio, Texas for SFA's 42-19 victory over UIW.

CHIP72
October 30th, 2016, 02:22 PM

According to the game summary on ESPN.com, the official attendance was 6,009.

hawkineer
October 30th, 2016, 02:24 PM
I dusagree on the cable contract. Folks like me who are too far away with too many family commitments to realistically make it to Bethlehem for more than one game every couple of years would never see a game if it weren't streamed on the internet. If the purpose of the program is exposure for the university, you want as many games as possible to be broadcast in as high a quality as possible to as big an audience as possible. I do miss the days of a full Goodman, and perhaps there is something to the plan to move the cameras to the visitor's side as the home side is usually fairly full. But cutting the cable contract in any way in order to get even a few thousand more in the stands would be a big mistake. Getting students over the hill is what should be a big priority.
Not sure how the local cable contract goes hand in hand with internet broadcasts. The university can have one without the other. Lafayette and Bucknell both do this. Not sure how local cable broadcasts get the university the any additional exposure in the Lehigh Valley.

Again the cable contract must generate revenue to the school than ticket sales. This is a business decision.

Agree about the students. However, local support was at its height at both Taylor and the first 15 years of Goodman.

PAllen
October 30th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Not sure how the local cable contract goes hand in hand with internet broadcasts. The university can have one without the other. Lafayette and Bucknell both do this. Not sure how local cable broadcasts get the university the any additional exposure in the Lehigh Valley.

Again the cable contract must generate revenue to the school than ticket sales. This is a business decision.

Agree about the students. However, local support was at its height at both Taylor and the first 15 years of Goodman.

If it were just a business decision, they would cut FB all together. The point about the local cable broadcast is that they do the production. And just like the Lafayette Football Network, the production is fairly high quality which reflects favorably on the school. The only reason the production quality is so high is because those producing it can market it to the local area.