View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 10

carney2
October 29th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Week 10

And the trophy goes to …

BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH
COLGATE @ FORDHAM
HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN

Bye: LAFAYETTE – Any cheap shots at Lafayette vs. Bye need to be REALLY good or you will be assessed a penalty and possibly thrown off the thread. The real joke here is the oxymoron that is Lafayette football.

Game of the Week – Not much to choose from with nothing on the line, but Colgate @ Fordham could be an OK battle of the also rans.

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Georgetown is now 120th of 122 teams in total offense.

bonarae
October 29th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Lehigh
Colgate
Holy Cross

ngineer
October 29th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Holy Cross at Georgetown...what is the over/under on attendance? Can't imagine many from Wuhsta making the trip. Pick the Crusaders only because of having some offense versus none. Hoya defense is decent but worn out. HC 27-13.

Having seen Raiders and Rams, I have to pick 'gate based upon more balance. Edmonds is tremendous, but Rams did not seem to have much cohesion. Made a lot of mental mistakes today against Lehigh in a big game. Their psyche has to be damaged. Should be a close game and a key turnover will be the difference. Raiders 35-31.

Lehigh is showing focus and improvement each game, which is a great sign. Players sensing something special occurring,so I do not expect any let down. Bison, typically have decent D and I would expect a "kitchen sink" approach from their DC, but that should open up opportunities. There is no place to 'double up' without getting burned somewhere else. Unless Mother Nature throws a wrinkle, this O cannot be stopped. Lehigh 45-17.

Leotards get a 'run' in their stockings with one game winning streak and get deserved week off to celebrate.

TheValleyRaider
October 31st, 2016, 05:15 PM
This thread feels unusually quiet, even for this early in the week. 3-1 last week, 33-13 for the season. So far so good, gotta finish strong.

Bucknell at Lehigh Lehigh With the Hawks having all but wrapped up the title, maybe there's some room for a letdown? Of course, I say that, but there's Bucknell, with only 1 loss on the ledger, and lurking around for their shot at the title. Wouldn't that throw a wrench into things? Bucknell actually has more wins on the road this season, and a defense that's usually a tough nut to crack. Of course, they also just gave up 49 to Charleston Southern, and facing what looks like the best offense in the League is probably going to tax them at least as much. The Hawks have done well to stay focused during their 6-game winning streak, and even if there is a little letdown after the "yuge" win against the Bronx boys, I doubt it's enough.

Colgate at Fordham Colgate Last week's result leaves me a little wary about making this pick. On the one hand, you have to think Fordham will be out for some revenge after last year's nail-biter. On the other, will they be finished picking up the pieces from what remains of their season after what just happened on Saturday. Fewer things are harder to predict than the mind of the 18-22 year old male, and there's reason to believe the Rams might still squeeze into the playoff picture by winning out. The easy prediction would be a shootout, but I'm not quite sure, certainly not with the way our offense has been inconsistent most of the year.

Holy Cross at Georgetown Holy Cross It would be a little unfair to expect a great performance from the Crusader offense without Pujals, but they looked completely out of sorts up in Hamilton. Their defense wasn't terrible, though, and bailed them out of a much worse defeat with some timely turnovers. A low-scoring game, like I would expect here, does benefit the less-talented Hoyas, but can they move the ball enough (or at all)? Hoyas have won 4 of the last 6 meetings, but I think the Crusaders pull this one out.

RichH2
October 31st, 2016, 05:59 PM
This thread feels unusually quiet, even for this early in the week. 3-1 last week, 33-13 for the season. So far so good, gotta finish strong.

Bucknell at Lehigh Lehigh With the Hawks having all but wrapped up the title, maybe there's some room for a letdown? Of course, I say that, but there's Bucknell, with only 1 loss on the ledger, and lurking around for their shot at the title. Wouldn't that throw a wrench into things? Bucknell actually has more wins on the road this season, and a defense that's usually a tough nut to crack. Of course, they also just gave up 49 to Charleston Southern, and facing what looks like the best offense in the League is probably going to tax them at least as much. The Hawks have done well to stay focused during their 6-game winning streak, and even if there is a little letdown after the "yuge" win against the Bronx boys, I doubt it's enough.

Colgate at Fordham Colgate Last week's result leaves me a little wary about making this pick. On the one hand, you have to think Fordham will be out for some revenge after last year's nail-biter. On the other, will they be finished picking up the pieces from what remains of their season after what just happened on Saturday. Fewer things are harder to predict than the mind of the 18-22 year old male, and there's reason to believe the Rams might still squeeze into the playoff picture by winning out. The easy prediction would be a shootout, but I'm not quite sure, certainly not with the way our offense has been inconsistent most of the year.

Holy Cross at Georgetown Holy Cross It would be a little unfair to expect a great performance from the Crusader offense without Pujals, but they looked completely out of sorts up in Hamilton. Their defense wasn't terrible, though, and bailed them out of a much worse defeat with some timely turnovers. A low-scoring game, like I would expect here, does benefit the less-talented Hoyas, but can they move the ball enough (or at all)? Hoyas have won 4 of the last 6 meetings, but I think the Crusaders pull this one out.

Gate -Rams tough to call. IF Rams dort out there O and cut down on dumb penalties they should get a W. Too many ifs to pick yet.
Lehigh Bison.
Not likely a trap with PL title at stake. Bison dealing with numerous injuries still have a very solid D. Wont be a blowout but See a solid W for LU at home.
Cross and Hoyas . Neither has an O and both have Ds. Flip a coin on Friday :)

Gangtackle11
October 31st, 2016, 07:22 PM
Lehigh 49 Bucknell 35
Colgate 34 Fordham 31
Holy Cross 28 Georgetown 21

Home teams in bold.

Last Week: 3-1 Season: 32-14

ColgateTD
October 31st, 2016, 07:48 PM
Lehigh - by 28
Colgate - by 5
Holy Cross - by 21

33-13

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2016, 11:58 PM
Lafayette will find a way to beat Bye late in the second half 17-3 is my prediction

DFW HOYA
November 1st, 2016, 07:46 AM
Holy Cross 28 Georgetown 21

21 points would be an accomplishment given Georgetown has scored 20 points in the last three weeks combined, and has not scored more than 20 points in any game vs teams not named Davidson.

Hoyas rank 120th of 122 in total offense. How much of that is talent, coaching, or execution?

Ivytalk
November 1st, 2016, 08:11 AM
Engihawks
Rums
Caped Crusadahs

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2016, 09:53 AM
Rums

Sipping or mixers?

Bacardi 151 is my go-to

carney2
November 1st, 2016, 09:56 AM
Lafayette will find a way to beat Bye late in the second half 17-3 is my prediction

Re-read the first post of this thread. No soup for you.

CFBfan
November 1st, 2016, 10:17 AM
Re-read the first post of this thread. No soup for you.

the only bye carney wants to see is bye to frank

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2016, 12:07 PM
Frank's job is safe, they have twice as many wins as last season.

Carney's statement last week about not being able to find the bus to throw someone under summed up the Lafayette situation perfectly.

carney2
November 1st, 2016, 01:23 PM
the only bye carney wants to see is bye to frank

True, but that would only put a Band-Aid on a gaping, gushing, suppurating wound

ngineer
November 1st, 2016, 03:42 PM
21 points would be an accomplishment given Georgetown has scored 20 points in the last three weeks combined, and has not scored more than 20 points in any game vs teams not named Davidson.

Hoyas rank 120th of 122 in total offense. How much of that is talent, coaching, or execution?

From my perspective, I think the major problem on offense is talent. Your defense seems to have some players, but the offense seems to be lacking in various facets.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2016, 04:31 PM
From my perspective, I think the major problem on offense is talent. Your defense seems to have some players, but the offense seems to be lacking in various facets.

I totally agree. Georgetown might have the best front 7 in the league. They have size and good depth along the DL. Unfortunately, their offensive talent is subpar. For whatever reason the Hoyas have not had a solid QB it seems since they joined the league. They've had some good WR's in the past but no one who can get them the ball consistently....

Lehigh'98
November 2nd, 2016, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure if its the lack of Lafayette and HC posters, but the PL pick'em threads have been very slow this year. Unfortunate.

Lehigh
Colgate
HC

jimbo65
November 2nd, 2016, 12:20 PM
Lehigh

Fordham

Holy Cross, Crusaders win one before being crushed the following week at Yankee Stadium.xeyebrowx

RichH2
November 2nd, 2016, 01:28 PM
Redshirt thread siphoning off interest in the rest of the season :)

LUHawker
November 2nd, 2016, 01:35 PM
Lehigh
Colgate
Georgetown

van
November 2nd, 2016, 04:43 PM
BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH, too many weapons, too much to play for, senior day, should not be close

COLGATE @ FORDHAM, these 2 should be pretty even but going with home cooking for the Rams

HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN, would not at all be surprised to see Hoyas take this, but Cross should win out based on depth and talent

34-12 on the year

Pard4Life
November 2nd, 2016, 05:18 PM
Anyone know where I can get two Lafayette-Lehigh tickets? Ironically... it's for Lehigh friends... (yes I have Lehigh friends... call me a hypocrite already)

MR. CHICKEN
November 3rd, 2016, 09:00 AM
LEHIGH
COLGATE
HOLY CROSS

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2016, 09:52 AM
Anyone know where I can get two Lafayette-Lehigh tickets? Ironically... it's for Lehigh friends... (yes I have Lehigh friends... call me a hypocrite already)

Sorry, I just can't get over the fact you have Lehigh friends.

LUHawker
November 3rd, 2016, 01:04 PM

My suggestion is show up, stand in front of the entrance and ask who has extra tickets - seriously. Despite us collectively touting that these games are always sell-outs, which they are, attendance is often impacted by tailgating. They'll have no problem finding tickets.

PAllen
November 3rd, 2016, 01:08 PM
Bucknell/Lehigh shouldn't be close, but it will be closer than it should. Superstition says Bucknell.

Colgate/Fordham will be close, and I'll take the Central NY Indian Toothpastes over the on dimensional Rams stuck in Granite

The score from Holy Cross/Georgetown may not be known until some player's mother updates her facebook page with a post game pick. I'll go with HC.

Lafayette extends their undefeated streak to 2.

carney2
November 3rd, 2016, 01:14 PM

If you login to goleopards.com you will find that tickets are still available from the College. That is an all time first to the best of my recollection. Shows just how far support for Lafayette football - and athletics - has eroded.

carney2
November 3rd, 2016, 02:04 PM
BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH

COLGATE @ FORDHAM

HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN

Only the Colgate @ Fordham game is in doubt.

ngineer
November 3rd, 2016, 09:51 PM

There are usually several available at our tailgate every year due to family members, etc, bailing at the last moment. We'll be located in Dr. Tenzer's parking lot, across from College Hill Tavern. It is possible I could have one or two available, but I won't know that until a day or two before the game based upon my daughter's schedule.

RichH2
November 4th, 2016, 09:06 AM
LEHIGH
FORDHAM
CROSS

Sandlapper Spike
November 4th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Lehigh -- not close
Fordham -- close
Holy Cross -- close

Leopard Loyalist
November 4th, 2016, 04:00 PM
BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH
COLGATE @ FORDHAM
HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN

ngineer
November 4th, 2016, 04:09 PM
With a beautiful weather forecast, I'm calling Lehigh the PL Champions by beating Bucknell 48-24. Colgate over Fordham by 3 and Crusaders "rock" 34-17.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2016, 04:12 PM
4-0 last week, 35-11 on the year

Holy Cross 24 Georgetown 13 - If Wade starts the Crusaders should win by double digits. If not this game feature some of the worst QB play in the country...

Colgate 38 Fordham 27 - The Raiders can run and stop the run (4th in the country against the run). That will be the difference in the Bronx. Edmonds has a good but not spectacular day. The key for Fordham is getting out to an early lead. Melville is an average at best passer.....

Lehigh 37 Bucknell 20 - The Bison D will give the Lehigh O some trouble. I wouldn't surprised if this was a 13-10 type game at half. When it's all said and done Lehigh will win rather comfortably to wrap up their first playoff appearance since 2011. It's been a long time coming given how 2012 played out and the way 2013 ended against Lafayette.

Go...gate
November 4th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Lehigh 35, Bucknell 14

Fordham 43, Colgate 31

Georgetown 24, Holy Cross 20

Bonus picks:

Princeton 30, Penn 27

Hun 27, Mercersburg 18

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:22 PM
With a beautiful weather forecast, I'm calling Lehigh the PL Champions by beating Bucknell 48-24. Colgate over Fordham by 3 and Crusaders "rock" 34-17.

I would love to see Sammy play Lehigh. Would be a great matchup

NY Crusader 2010
November 5th, 2016, 07:42 AM
If Bucknell beats Lehigh today, they will control their own destiny. A pretty big IF though...

RichH2
November 5th, 2016, 08:15 AM
4-0 last week, 35-11 on the year

Holy Cross 24 Georgetown 13 - If Wade starts the Crusaders should win by double digits. If not this game feature some of the worst QB play in the country...

Colgate 38 Fordham 27 - The Raiders can run and stop the run (4th in the country against the run). That will be the difference in the Bronx. Edmonds has a good but not spectacular day. The key for Fordham is getting out to an early lead. Melville is an average at best passer.....

Lehigh 37 Bucknell 20 - The Bison D will give the Lehigh O some trouble. I wouldn't surprised if this was a 13-10 type game at half. When it's all said and done Lehigh will win rather comfortably to wrap up their first playoff appearance since 2011. It's been a long time coming given how 2012 played out and the way 2013 ended against Lafayette.

Nice shut out last night for your Owls. Congrats. Agree on BU. They getvyds on O just vant score often. Hard to run vs their Dline. 2ndary not that tough.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 5th, 2016, 10:01 AM
If Bucknell beats Lehigh today, they will control their own destiny. A pretty big IF though...

Bucknell already has a loss, and if Lehigh wins, they'd need both Colgate and Fordham to lose one more game apiece, so they are not in control of their own destiny. Colgate and Fordham play each other so one will have one loss, otherwise it would be a potential 3-way tie.

They would be in control of their destiny if they win and Fordham wins this weekend.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 5th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Lehigh will win, but it won't be easy, 31-17 (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/11/bucknell-at-lehigh-game-breakdown-and.html)

Colgate is built for slowing down Fordham, they will prevail 28-25

Holy Cross will be fired up before the Ram-Crusader Cup and it will be enough, 21-16

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Lehigh "O" held on 4th down on their first possession. Bucknell driving...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 11:52 AM
TD Bison! Made it look easy and still used 5 minutes of clock time.

7-0 6:28 1Q

Lehigh'98
November 5th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Bucknell abusing us early

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Bucknell abusing us early

They're definitely controlling the LOS....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Lehigh responds...

7-7 1:56 1Q

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Holy Cross scores on its first drive, 7-0.

Hoyas answer with 100 yd kickoff return, 7-7.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Shafnisky looks way off today...he's about 5-20 passing

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Lehigh just getting lit up on the LOS. The Bison came to play for the PL title today. This looks ugly for Lehigh so far....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 12:27 PM
TD Bison! Missed XP. Little resistance by the Lehigh D. This game easily could be 21-7. Starting to like 2013.....

13-7 Bucknell 8:30 2Q

CHIP72
November 5th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Someone needs to send Lehigh a memo that we don't switch the clocks until tomorrow because they are sleepwalking against Bucknell.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Shocking start.

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Shocking start.

No--Mississippi State 28, Texas A&M 7 is a shocking start.

Bucknell is always a tough out and the Engineers should recover.

CHIP72
November 5th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Pelletier needs to field that punt. Lehigh can't do much right today, though the defense did a good job on the last Bucknell possession.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Lehigh OL is getting destroyed. Shaf looks hurt. This looks like the Monmouth game. Mountain Hawks are in trouble imo..

CHIP72
November 5th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Is anyone else having problems with a choppy stream for the Bucknell/Lehigh game?

CHIP72
November 5th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Lehigh's offense needs to set a positive tone on this first possession of the 2nd half, especially considering they have good field position.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Lehigh can't block #40 Anderson for Bucknell. Mish comes through with a FG. Bragalone out...

13-10 Bucknell 9:03 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 01:41 PM
TD Lehigh! 95 yard drive! They're down to their 3rd string RB....

17-13 Lehigh 1:46 3Q

TheValleyRaider
November 5th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Melville just went 60+ yards for a TD early half to extend the lead

Colgate 20
Fordham 10
13:42 3rd

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Lehigh intercepts Nitti gets to the Bucknell 3 is held to a FG

20-13 Mountain Hawks 0:20 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Bucknell has the ball converts a big 4th down....

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Holy Cross 21
Georgetown 20
7:21 3rd

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 01:59 PM
The Lehigh game feels like its going to go down to the wire. Bucknell is grinding out another drive...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Lehigh picks off Nitti on 4th down from the 4 yard line! The Bison were on a 9 minute drive...

Need a TD to end this! 5:51 4Q

CHIP72
November 5th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Big time stand by the Lehigh defense after a long Bucknell drive. Having the INT occur in the end zone was big too; Lehigh will start at the 20 yard line rather than the 3 yard line.

Hopefully the Mountain Hawks can go on their own long drive and salt this game away.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Lehigh hits a huge play to the Bucknell 35 then a fumble. Bucknell ball..this is brutal....

- - - Updated - - -

If Bucknell scors theyl go for 2...

PAllen
November 5th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Did I just see Frank Tavani in the stands politely clapping after the long TP catch?

PAllen
November 5th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Agree with going for two.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Bucknell first down at Lehigh 45

- - - Updated - - -

Lehigh sacks Nitti he fumbles but Bucknell recovers. Lehigh just can't end it...Painful

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Bucknell 4th and 13 from Lehigh 45 1:12 left....ohh man

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Rippanti destroys Davenport off the edge for the sack!1

The defense was huge today!! Lehigh might still have to punt...

- - - Updated - - -

1:00 left...Bucknell down to 1 TO...

CHIP72
November 5th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Lehigh with the sack on 4th down, and then a 1st down on the first offensive play after the change of possession. This game is over.

Speaking of over, right as I was typing the end of the above sentence, Mississippi State picked off Texas A&M. The Bulldogs will upset A&M.

Lehigh'98
November 5th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Congratulations Lehigh 2016 Patriot League Champions!!

CHIP72
November 5th, 2016, 02:29 PM

I second that!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 02:31 PM

Technically but lose to Lafayette and it won't feel like it. Need to finish that job in two weeks....

CHIP72
November 5th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Technically but lose to Lafayette and it won't feel like it. Need to finish that job in two weeks....

The more important consideration is it a lot less likely Lehigh gets a first round home game in the playoffs if they lose to the Leopards.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 02:38 PM
The announcers were really overhyping the rebuild job. They made it sound like a rags to riches story by Lehigh. They sucked for one year this decade. Otherwise 10, 11,10,8,6 and so far 8 wins each season.

Lehigh'98
November 5th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Not happening

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Colgate and Fordham going down the wire...

Rams just scored on a ridiculous Cantelli catch! 24-20 Rams 4:55 4Q

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Hoyas QB throws 2 INT's in final 2:14, lose 21-20.
This is the arguably the worst (or second worst) Georgetown offense since it joined the PL.

Its next win looks to be the Davidson game...in 2017.

van
November 5th, 2016, 02:45 PM
The announcers were really overhyping the rebuild job. They made it sound like a rags to riches story by Lehigh. They sucked for one year this decade. Otherwise 10, 11,10,8,6 and so far 8 wins each season.

why is campus insiders using Bucknell fans to broadcast, or were they just anti-Lehigh, such bias

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 02:49 PM
4th and 9 coming up for 'Gate

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 02:51 PM
Fordham holds! Rams will win! Still an outside shot at the playoffs...the D2/FBS combo is killing them....

Lehigh'98
November 5th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Fordham holds! Rams will win! Still an outside shot at the playoffs...the D2/FBS combo is killing them....

Unfortunately for the Rams, the PL OOC record will prevent them from an at large

RichH2
November 5th, 2016, 03:04 PM
3 nailbiters today. Fun day for PL football.

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Georgetown's offense entering the HC game:

Passing Yardage: 107th of 122 schools

Passing Efficiency: 115th of 122

Rushing Yardage: 115th of 122

Total Offense: 120th of 122

First Downs: 120th of 122

Yards Per Completion: 122nd of 122

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Unfortunately for the Rams, the PL OOC record will prevent them from an at large

It hasn't in previous years and I don't think it would have this season. They could have survived the Lehigh and the Monmouth loss with a better OOC.

The biggest issue might have been past performances....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2016, 11:56 PM
I got a kick out of this.

From the Holy Cross-Georgetown box score....

Temperature: 58 Wind: 9 MPH NW Weather: Crisp and delicious

Spider from the North
November 7th, 2016, 08:05 AM
LEHIGH
COLGATE
HOLY CROSS

Lehigh'98
November 7th, 2016, 08:27 AM
LEHIGH
COLGATE
HOLY CROSS

WTF?? You picked the games two days after they happened and still got one wrong!! Wow

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2016, 09:20 AM
I got a kick out of this.

From the Holy Cross-Georgetown box score....

Temperature: 58 Wind: 9 MPH NW Weather: Crisp and delicious

http://www.apples.me/assets/images/honeycrisp.jpg