PDA

View Full Version : STATS FOY Nominees

RedFlash
October 25th, 2016, 04:04 PM
STATS is out with their Freshman of the Year nominees for 2016.

http://www.fcsinsider.com/news/articles/2016/527/stats-announces-freshman-of-the-year-nominees/

I've gotten to see four of these guys play in person this year - Jerry Louie McGee, AJ Hines, Gee Stanley and Shane Simpson and while I don't think any of them will win the award, you could easily see why they were nominated. My money is on Christian Rozeboom - he's got some impressive numbers this season.

ST_Lawson
October 25th, 2016, 04:18 PM
I'd agree with you on Rozeboom....he's a beast. I don't know enough about most of the rest of them to offer a valid opinion as to if they're better or worse than him though. I just know he's really good, and I'm not relishing the fact that we have to face him for 3 more years.

mvemjsunpx
October 25th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Louie-McGee's gotta get healthy fast of he's gonna miss his chance.

JSUSoutherner
October 25th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Marlon Bridges is a stud.

KPSUL
October 25th, 2016, 09:45 PM
STATS is out with their Freshman of the Year nominees for 2016.

http://www.fcsinsider.com/news/articles/2016/527/stats-announces-freshman-of-the-year-nominees/

I've gotten to see four of these guys play in person this year - Jerry Louie McGee, AJ Hines, Gee Stanley and Shane Simpson and while I don't think any of them will win the award, you could easily see why they were nominated. My money is on Christian Rozeboom - he's got some impressive numbers this season.

I'll see your 4 and raise you 1. I've seen 5. (I assume you mean playing live) Marion Bridges (JSU), "Buckshot" Calvert (LU), Pop Lacey (UNH), Corey Parker (W&M) and Shane Simpson (Towson)

Matt
October 26th, 2016, 09:24 AM
He won't be in contention because he's only been the starter for like 3.5 games, but our Deontez Thompson has racked up 7 TDs on ~400yds rushing and 130 yds receiving. Been CAA Freshman of the Week twice in 3 weeks, with the brutal Villanova rush defense sandwiched between those two performances. He's a lot of fun to watch.