PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/Butler at Target Field in 2019

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 11:59 AM
This is what you get when FBS teams won't schedule you.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvjDfkvUEAAEmvd.jpg

Professor Chaos
October 24th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Oh man... I don't even want to look at what Bisonville reaction to this is... guessing it's similar to when Gameday announced they'd set up downtown Fargo instead of on campus.

That said I'll be there and I bet they sell 30k tickets.

EDIT: I'd also be very interested to see what the financial agreements are in this deal. The suspicion is that Target Field/the Twins came to NDSU with this idea, not the other way around. I'd have to assume they made this worth NDSU's while financially. Butler was scheduled to be a home game.... that's a big chunk of change they need to make up for.

Laker
October 24th, 2016, 12:04 PM
You beat me to it- I just saw it on Twitter. I was hoping for some FCS power to be the opponent. I'll have to pay attention to how the St. John's- St. Thomas game goes when they have their game there to see how they liked it.

Bisonator
October 24th, 2016, 12:05 PM
So ****ing lame....

IBleedYellow
October 24th, 2016, 12:05 PM
I mean.

I'll be there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

clenz
October 24th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Rofl

JMUNJ08
October 24th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Who spilt the milk?

Might have to sue you guys for stealing our playbook with a PFL team to start the year....

Bisonator
October 24th, 2016, 12:14 PM
woohoo at least we'll be able to buy $10 watered down beer at the game....xrolleyesx

F'N Hawks
October 24th, 2016, 12:15 PM
zzzzzzzz. Like the idea, hate the opponent.

Professor Chaos
October 24th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Well, apparently they're still planning to get 6 home games on top of this in 2019.... I can't really complain too much about it then. And if anyone does... don't go. I'm pretty sure these tickets won't be included in season ticket packages if there will be 6 home games already.

frozennorth
October 24th, 2016, 12:24 PM
this is like a bad practical joke.

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Well, apparently they're still planning to get 6 home games on top of this in 2019.... I can't really complain too much about it then. And if anyone does... don't go. I'm pretty sure these tickets won't be included in season ticket packages if there will be 6 home games already.

Yeah....it is a neutral/"road" game. I'm sure there will be some sort of priority system for tickets......They could command an insane price. I have no idea....time will tell. Chalk it up as a party/close game over and above the regular 6 home games.

70MilesFromCanada
October 24th, 2016, 12:27 PM
This would be a better basketball game.

Professor Chaos
October 24th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Yeah....it is a neutral/"road" game. I'm sure there will be some sort of priority system for tickets......They could command an insane price. I have no idea....time will tell. Chalk it up as a party/close game over and above the regular 6 home games.
Yep, most likely. However, I can't imagine tickets will be too expensive considering the fact that they'll have nearly 40,000 they could sell.

You can also look at it as if this game was in Fargo it would be an OOC snoozer that the majority of fans would leave at halftime when the Bison are up 42-0. You're right that this will essentially be a party with a football game going on in the background... kinda like a SWAC game. :D

Daytripper
October 24th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Gimmick.

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 12:37 PM
xlolx at the Bison radio show trying to pump this up as program changing xlolx

Professor Chaos
October 24th, 2016, 12:41 PM
You'll have a hard time finding a person more detached from reality when it comes to pimping the Bison than Jeremy Jorgenson.... of course that is what he's paid to do as NDSU's Director of Broadcasting.

leatherneck177
October 24th, 2016, 12:43 PM
I'll preface this by saying I could only dream of Western having the fan support to put something like this on. However, the opponent makes it somewhat of a letdown. It's a downer to have Butler even play at Hanson Field, let alone Target Field.

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Gimmick.

No ****. But it is also a very likely OOC win....revenue generator and doesn't disrupt our 6 home game policy. I'm not gonna bitch.

Professor Chaos
October 24th, 2016, 12:46 PM
I'll preface this by saying I could only dream of Western having the fan support to put something like this on. However, the opponent makes it somewhat of a letdown. It's a downer to have Butler even play at Hanson Field, let alone Target Field.
That's kind of why I've talked myself into liking the idea given the opponent. They're not doing this for the football game... they're doing it for the event. Why give up one of the best homefield advantages in the FCS when you're playing a premier team? Everyone (even Butler if they're honest) knows this will be a beatdown. It would be an absolute snoozer of a game if played in Fargo. I'd look forward to the tailgate more than the game easily. This way you treat a game against Butler like what it really is, an exhibition. It's a great excuse and an excellent venue for us fans to party.

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 12:48 PM

You're just mad that it isn't SDSU and Drake. #manhoney

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 12:48 PM
No ****. But it is also a very likely OOC win....revenue generator and doesn't disrupt our 6 home game policy. I'm not gonna bitch.
Pretty impressive to have six home games with this as well. It is a 12 game season, but still....

crusader11
October 24th, 2016, 12:49 PM
This is dumb.

Professor Chaos
October 24th, 2016, 12:49 PM
This is dumb.
Don't go then. xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 12:50 PM
You're just mad that it isn't SDSU and Drake. #manhoney
Nah, we play the Gooophers two days before hand. So I get to watch a game in an actual football stadium and cheaper tickets ;)

Bisonator
October 24th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Nah, we play the Gooophers two days before hand. So I get to watch a game in an actual football stadium and cheaper tickets ;)
You think that game is still going to happen.xlolx

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2016, 01:02 PM
I wonder how much support there will be for this game.

Gil Dobie
October 24th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Klieman mentioned exposure/recruiting in the Twin Cities and the players getting to play in a big stadium in front a bunch of Bison fans that live in the Twin Cities. Many of the Twin Cities fans don't get a chance to get to Fargo for a game. It also cuts 3.5 hours off my commute.

dewey
October 24th, 2016, 01:08 PM
That's kind of why I've talked myself into liking the idea given the opponent. They're not doing this for the football game... they're doing it for the event. Why give up one of the best homefield advantages in the FCS when you're playing a premier team? Everyone (even Butler if they're honest) knows this will be a beatdown. It would be an absolute snoozer of a game if played in Fargo. I'd look forward to the tailgate more than the game easily. This way you treat a game against Butler like what it really is, an exhibition. It's a great excuse and an excellent venue for us fans to party.

This right here. My family of 5 will be there. The MSP area is home to a large number of NDSU alum so there will be large crown there. I would guess at 25K.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 24th, 2016, 01:08 PM
I am going. Go down a day or two before. Go to mannys and eat a big steak. Watch a ****ty football game and go home

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 01:13 PM
You think that game is still going to happen.xlolx

Touché

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregatim
October 24th, 2016, 01:37 PM

I like that you listen to our weekly press conference :D

I am going. Go down a day or two before. Go to mannys and eat a big steak. Party our asses off, watch a ****ty football game, party our asses off some more, and go home with a Texas sized head ache

I took the liberty of adjusting the itinerary just a bit.

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 01:41 PM

I live in Fargo and listen to sports talk radio almost exclusively, so don't get too excited ;)

Gil Dobie
October 24th, 2016, 01:49 PM
I wonder how much support there will be for this game.

Coming up for the game?

POD Knows
October 24th, 2016, 02:16 PM

I can live with that, lots to do downtown.

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Coming up for the game?

Not for Butler. xlolx

TheKingpin28
October 24th, 2016, 04:03 PM
I g

TheKingpin28
October 24th, 2016, 04:04 PM
I grew up about 15 minutes from there so I will end up going and then throw down hard in uptown with my friends (assuming they still live in the TV) and drink the night away. It will be my first time going to Target Field to see anyone but the Red Sox play. Yes I know it's a Twins stadium but I love me some Red Sox baseball.

BisonTru
October 24th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Now that this is settled in for a couple hours. Butler. Really? I wanted to go down to the cities and watch a football game at Target field. This doesn't foot the bill. I realize how tough it is for NDSU to get games, so I'm not in the camp that this is a total failure or anything. However, I'm just not that excited to get down to the cities to watch this game. I'm going to try and get out to Delaware that year for our game. The cities game I could take it or leave it.

I can get down to the cities and party it up all while taking in a non competitive ball game at Target field half of the days in the summer. xsighx

Bisonoline
October 24th, 2016, 04:58 PM
This game is about exciting as a used rubber. Butler????? In a baseball stadium????? Nope wont be making the trip.

Schism55
October 24th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Holy **** you people are hard to please.
This is a one off. Does not cost a home game. Will be great for NDSU brand. Bison will most certainly grind Butler to dust. It will be a unique and cool experience and huge Bison party.
I will be there.
Your loss if you are not.

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 05:17 PM
This is a one off. Does not cost a home game. Will be great for NDSU brand. Bison will most certainly grind Butler to dust. It will be a unique and cool experience and huge Bison party.
I will be there.
Yeah, I've often stayed up late at night thinking to myself, Boy would it be cool to watch SDSU play in a baseball stadium, as football was intended to be xlolx

Schism55
October 24th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I've often stayed up late at night thinking to myself, Boy would it be cool to watch SDSU play in a baseball stadium, as football was intended to be xlolx
Let us know when a major league team comes knocking on SDSUs door for an opportunity like this. I'll not hold my breath.

Pard4Life
October 24th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Butler? If you want a cupcake opponent, just call Lafayette again.

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Let us know when a major league team comes knocking on SDSUs door for an opportunity like this. I'll not hold my breath.
Look, its kinda neat, kinda. But I wouldn't be over the moon about it, or even that excited. But go ahead and get bitchy. You could just recognize its not the most amazing thing ever. In fact, its not even on par with the ECU game that played in the NASCAR stadium. That wasn't real super awesome to me either, but it had more wow factor than traveling 3.5 hours to play in a baseball stadium.

Professor Chaos
October 24th, 2016, 05:28 PM
I can think of about an infinite number of baseball stadiums that I would've rather watched NDSU play SDSU at than where they played at in Brookings up until last year.

FargoBison
October 24th, 2016, 05:40 PM
This game is about playing in the backyard of NDSU's main recruiting area and also major alumni area. The fact that the game will net for NDSU an FBS size payout makes it an easy decision for the school.

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 05:42 PM

I'm sure NDSU has called.....

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 05:44 PM
I will be there.

http://i.imgur.com/4Rrz7yv.gif

kdinva
October 24th, 2016, 07:23 PM
In fact, its not even on par with the ECU game that played in the NASCAR stadium.

ummm, that was Tennessee and VPI.......

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 07:25 PM
ummm, that was Tennessee and VPI.......

Ummmmm There definitely was a FCS game there the week later with two SoCon teams.

kdinva
October 24th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Ummmmm There definitely was a FCS game there the week later with two SoCon teams.

I stand corrected........it was WCU, not ECU, played ETSU

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 08:45 PM
I stand corrected........it was WCU, not ECU, played ETSU
My bad for saying the wrong Carolina :D

UNHWildcat18
October 24th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Cool venue but holy **** that's an un appealing game. A pioneer team has to be the ****ing lamest opponent.

POD Knows
October 24th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Cool venue but holy **** that's an un appealing game. A pioneer team has to be the ****ing lamest opponent.

****, will Butler even have football in 2019?

UNHWildcat18
October 24th, 2016, 09:38 PM
****, will Butler even have football in 2019?

I think they are more likely than other pioneer teams!

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2016, 10:18 PM

I'd take a game at Wrigley against pretty much anyone...don't care who or what division...even with the end zone craziness.

IBleedYellow
October 24th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Twins organization is paying Butler the 125k that NDSU was going to pay them....and up to 600k going to NDSU based on ticket sales.

Huh

Bisonwinagn
October 24th, 2016, 10:36 PM
1. How many of you people bitching would want to move a home game against say Delaware to MPLS instead of playing Butler?
2. This is an exhibition game that doesn't impact the 6 home games.
3. Nobody gives a **** about you asshats living in Fargo and are too cheap to drive 3 fricking hours to a game.
4. This game is meant for the Alumni living in MPLS and yes I would expect 20-25k.

Bisonwinagn
October 24th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Twins organization is paying Butler the 125k that NDSU was going to pay them....and up to 600k going to NDSU based on ticket sales.

Huh

Said in the press conf NDSU is paying Butler the guarantee and Twins are paying NDSU a guarantee like an FBS team would. 600K would be shocking.

TheKingpin28
October 24th, 2016, 10:38 PM

Huh

Do the Twins even make that much money in 1 month during baseball season on just ticket sales, not including suites. I am being serious. This seems too good to be true for NDSU for not losing a home game, getting 600K (which is bigger than most FBS payouts), and not having to pay Butler to come to the Twin Cities. The sight lines will probably suck, but if this is the case, this is a huge win for them.

Hammersmith
October 24th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Said in the press conf NDSU is paying Butler the guarantee and Twins are paying NDSU a guarantee like an FBS team would. 600K would be shocking.

His info comes from the Fargo Forum article. It's possible Kolpack got the info wrong, but that's what's been reported.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4143508-ndsu-football-returning-minneapolis-face-butler-target-field

The Twins are taking over NDSU’s guarantee of $185,000 to Butler plus paying NDSU up to $600,000 based on attendance, Larsen said. The exact capacity of Target Field for football hasn’t been determined yet, St. Peter said, but it will be somewhere close to 40,000.

Ticket prices will be set at a later date. They will not be part of the NDSU season ticket package but season ticket holders will have an opportunity to purchase tickets in advance of the public.

Helping matters is a 12-game schedule FCS teams will be allowed to play in 2019 because of the way the calendar falls. The Bison will still have six home games, including hosting the University of North Dakota on Sept. 7 and traveling to Delaware on Sept. 14.

BisonTru
October 24th, 2016, 10:49 PM
The Twins are taking over NDSU’s guarantee of $185,000 to Butler plus paying NDSU up to $600,000 based on attendance, Larsen said. The exact capacity of Target Field for football hasn’t been determined yet, St. Peter said, but it will be somewhere close to 40,000.

Edit: I see HS beat me to it. Anyway, if correct, financially this is great. For the alumni and fans that want to see an exhibition game this is great as well. However, Butler is still a **** opponent and this game just isn't that exciting to me.

Professor Chaos
October 24th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Do the Twins even make that much money in 1 month during baseball season on just ticket sales, not including suites. I am being serious. This seems too good to be true for NDSU for not losing a home game, getting 600K (which is bigger than most FBS payouts), and not having to pay Butler to come to the Twin Cities. The sight lines will probably suck, but if this is the case, this is a huge win for them.
$600k is the max. So I'm assuming that's if they can manage to sell 40k tickets. 40k tickets at $40 average a ticket is $1.6M is ticket sales alone. $30 a ticket would still be $1.2M. It would basically mean the Twins are giving NDSU $15 for every ticket sold. And of course the Twins are making money on food and beer as well. That's the benefit of being able to sell over twice as many tickets as you could sell at the Fargodome.

TheKingpin28
October 24th, 2016, 11:05 PM
$600k is the max. So I'm assuming that's if they can manage to sell 40k tickets. 40k tickets at $40 average a ticket is $1.6M is ticket sales alone. $30 a ticket would still be $1.2M. It would basically mean the Twins are giving NDSU $15 for every ticket sold. And of course the Twins are making money on food and beer as well. That's the benefit of being able to sell over twice as many tickets as you could sell at the Fargodome.

Even if its 400K, that is still a nice pay day for not giving up a 6th home game.

Bisonoline
October 25th, 2016, 12:28 AM
I will be there.

How is it our loss? I dont care to watch a ****ty team play is a baseball stadium. There is nothing unique and cool about it. Its a gimmick. Unique and cool was watching the Bison beat MN in a football stadium i n a game that meant something to the program and school. But Butler: A non-scholarship program?

You act as though youve never been to the cities before. LOL

Schism55
October 25th, 2016, 12:40 AM
How is it our loss? I dont care to watch a ****ty team play is a baseball stadium. There is nothing unique and cool about it. Its a gimmick. Unique and cool was watching the Bison beat MN in a football stadium i n a game that meant something to the program and school. But Butler: A non-scholarship program?

You act as though youve never been to the cities before. LOL
I lived in the cities for 12 years and visit 3-4 times a year, care to venture any other guesses?
I was in TCF stadium that glorious september day in 2011 when the Bison shocked the Gophers.
Will be great exposure for NDSU, a fun game to watch in a cool stadium and a hell of a Bison party. TONS of Bison alumni in mpls/st paul.

dewey
October 25th, 2016, 07:21 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23747&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23748&stc=1

This will be a very good event/party and the football game should be a whoooping.

Beer will be sold at the game.

Dewey

AmsterBison
October 25th, 2016, 07:40 AM

Not falling for that! I know how well Lafayette plays in baseball stadiums.

Anyway, this is a tremendous opportunity to showcase NDSU in Minneapolis-St. Paul while reconnecting with far-flung alumni.

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 25th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Stay home and give me your season tickets. True fans support the Bison all the time, not just when they feel like it. I bet your one of those people that sits all game and tells people to sit down in front of them.

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 25th, 2016, 07:54 AM
I will go from Fargo. I will probably be the first time I get to see a game since 2010.

clenz
October 25th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Stay home and give me your season tickets. True fans support the Bison all the time, not just when they feel like it. I bet your one of those people that sits all game and tells people to sit down in front of them.
This is ignorant and a something a douche fan would, and does, do.

Professor Chaos
October 25th, 2016, 08:32 AM
It is kind of comical watching people scream via their keyboards both here and on Bisonville saying "I'M EXCITED FOR THIS GAME AND YOU NEED TO BE TOO!" and then the rebuttals saying "I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THIS GAME AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!". Can't we all just accept the fact that some Bison fans are excited to go to this event and some don't care to go? There's not a whole lot of changing minds that's going to happen at this point.

BisonBacker
October 25th, 2016, 08:49 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvjDfkvUEAAEmvd.jpg

This excites me about as much as getting my hair cut. Woo hoo big woop. What a freaking joke.

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 25th, 2016, 09:02 AM
This is ignorant and a something a douche fan would, and does, do.

I'm more of a fan than most of the fans attending games.

YoUDeeMan
October 25th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Excellent. We'll start NDSU out of the top 25 because if they beat Butler, they won't have proven anything.

BisonTru
October 25th, 2016, 10:33 AM

I will go from Fargo. I will probably be the first time I get to see a game since 2010.

Right xrolleyesx superfan.

You haven't been to a game since 2010? You didn't go to any of the championships? Couldn't be bothered to run down to Iowa? Tickets were easy to come by. Hell, for UNI you can buy tickets right now for face value from the UNI website. You going to run down to that game?

Schism55
October 25th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Could be better opponent for sure.
Will enjoy what is sure to be a huge Bison party! xdrunkyx

Bisonoline
October 25th, 2016, 01:45 PM

Pathetic.

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 02:01 PM
xlolx I'm an SDSU fan and been to more NDSU games cause of the Marker matchup than you have. You're very impressive xlolx

AmsterBison
October 25th, 2016, 02:23 PM
It is kind of comical watching people scream via their keyboards both here and on Bisonville saying "I'M EXCITED FOR THIS GAME AND YOU NEED TO BE TOO!" and then the rebuttals saying "I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THIS GAME AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!". Can't we all just accept the fact that some Bison fans are excited to go to this event and some don't care to go? There's not a whole lot of changing minds that's going to happen at this point.

Heh, maybe, maybe not. I bet a lot of people change their mind by game day (or soon after) just like the did for the other things that enraged a subset of Bison fandom.

You might remember this fan subset from such hysterical overreactions as:

"Gateway and Summit League? This is like putting lipstick on a pig and then marrying it without a prenup!"
"$10 per spot for tailgating? I'm an so enraged right now that I have fallen to the ground and am writhing around in my own filth!"
"ESPN GameDay is going downtown? I would rather drink my own urine while being kicked in the nuts by Ben LeCompte than live in a world where this kind of abortion is allowed to take place!"

Disclaimer: I remember those statements because I was stupid enough to think some of them had some merit. :)

ASU33
October 25th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Not sold on the match up at all. To maximize on an out of market game you usually need a marquee matchup.

BamKat
October 25th, 2016, 07:22 PM

At least it's not Oklahoma panhandle state. . .When FBS drops you and you have to scramble to fill schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 25th, 2016, 08:22 PM
This is great for NDSU...I'll be there.

Twin Cities fans have an opportunity to see a game.

No cons IMO.

Great job by our AD!

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2016, 09:05 PM

Which is weird considering those of us with season tickets had to get them LONG before the bandwagon starting getting full.

BisonTru
October 25th, 2016, 09:27 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/11/f2/27/11f2277db13f0b0a14474efb6a876322.jpg

This is our opponent and my excitement level. xcoolx

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 09:28 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/11/f2/27/11f2277db13f0b0a14474efb6a876322.jpg

You look adorable though

Bisonoline
October 25th, 2016, 09:33 PM

SOooooooo what the school chant???? GOoooooButts?

ST_Lawson
October 25th, 2016, 09:34 PM
At least it's not Oklahoma panhandle state. . .When FBS drops you and you have to scramble to fill schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For reference, see our next season opponent....NAIA Saint Xavier University (Chicago)

Bisonoline
October 25th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Which is weird considering those of us with season tickets had to get them LONG before the bandwagon starting getting full.

Yeah wonder why Mr Super fan didnt get his tickets when they were 3-8? Shouldnt have been a problem. As a matter of fact you still could have gotten them after the first Natty.

centennial
October 25th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Excellent. We'll start NDSU out of the top 25 because if they beat Butler, they won't have proven anything.

Weak sauce.

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2016, 09:50 PM
Yeah wonder why Mr Super fan didnt get his tickets when they were 3-8? Shouldnt have been a problem. As a matter of fact you still could have gotten them after the first Natty.

Correction....you could STILL get season tickets after the second natty too. I know...added to my family. Haha

Bisonoline
October 25th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Correction....you could STILL get season tickets after the second natty too. I know...added to my family. Haha

I guess super fan was too busy waving his pom-pons and telling everyone what a fan he is that he forgot all about the ticket thing.

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2016, 09:54 PM
I guess super fan was too busy waving his pom-pons and telling everyone what a fan he is that he forgot all about the ticket thing.

Yeah.....it's a sore subject for me and one reason I'm not on Bisonville much. All of these victim Teammakers with no season tickets that want to push out the "freeloaders". xlolx

Bisonwinagn
October 25th, 2016, 09:55 PM
The reality is some Bison fans want Alabama in the new stadium in Dallas and will stand for nothing less. Playing in a major league baseball stadium is beneath them and they find it embarrassing. Those are the people who are bashing what is essentially and extra game that is being used to promote NDSU in a major recruiting area. And NDSU is getting paid very well to play in this game.

Bisonoline
October 25th, 2016, 10:09 PM
The reality is some Bison fans want Alabama in the new stadium in Dallas and will stand for nothing less. Playing in a major league baseball stadium is beneath them and they find it embarrassing. Those are the people who are bashing what is essentially and extra game that is being used to promote NDSU in a major recruiting area. And NDSU is getting paid very well to play in this game.

Youve really got your head up your azz. Nobody Ive talked to thinks its embarrassing to play in a baseball stadium . They dont like it because the sight lines SUCK. For most seats you are a very long ways away from the field. Nobody is bashing the extra game. There was a concern that this game game would replace a home game. Those concerns are no longer.

Is your reading comprehension that bad or do you just make this stuff up to be a prick?

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 25th, 2016, 10:55 PM
As someone living in the cities, I'm pumped. There really are a lot of alumni here, it makes sense financially if people go which i believe they will, and it should be big for recruiting. That way you can look at the recruits and be like, "See you may play as a sophomore cause we're awesome."xthumbsupx

Twentysix
October 26th, 2016, 01:53 AM

Edit: I see HS beat me to it. Anyway, if correct, financially this is great. For the alumni and fans that want to see an exhibition game this is great as well. However, Butler is still a **** opponent and this game just isn't that exciting to me.

That is fantastic. Literally zero reason to poo poo this game now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 26th, 2016, 05:59 AM

Blah, blah, blah.....hey junior, STFU!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 26th, 2016, 06:01 AM

Oh, good one.....

Delaware most likely will be this kind of game = cupcake.

Southern Bison
October 26th, 2016, 09:26 AM
There seem to be some Bison fans who are getting rather spoiled that they would turn their noses up at a unique neutral site in a strong alumni area that is a win for the Bison all the way around.

The season ticket holders still get the 6 home games they demand & this will also be a "home game" considering close proximity to Fargo & expected Bison fans in attendance.

For someone who lives 1500 miles from Fargo, I have only seen my Bison in person 6 times (GaSo 2006 & 2011, @YSU 2013 & 2015, @ISUb 2015, & Richmond playoff 2015). I wouldn't care if they were playing The College of Faith at Bristol Motor Speedway...if there's a Bison game within a few hours of my son & I, we'll be there to support and cheer on the team...period.

This "bisonville-ish" attitude of arrogance on this tread is rather unbecoming.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BisonTru
October 26th, 2016, 12:54 PM
There seem to be some Bison fans who are getting rather spoiled that they would turn their noses up at a unique neutral site in a strong alumni area that is a win for the Bison all the way around.

The season ticket holders still get the 6 home games they demand & this will also be a "home game" considering close proximity to Fargo & expected Bison fans in attendance.

For someone who lives 1500 miles from Fargo, I have only seen my Bison in person 6 times (GaSo 2006 & 2011, @YSU 2013 & 2015, @ISUb 2015, & Richmond playoff 2015). I wouldn't care if they were playing The College of Faith at Bristol Motor Speedway...if there's a Bison game within a few hours of my son & I, we'll be there to support and cheer on the team...period.

This "bisonville-ish" attitude of arrogance on this tread is rather unbecoming.

You couldn't be bothered to come support Your bison any one of the 5 times they played on a neutral field in Frisco?

Southern Bison
October 26th, 2016, 02:47 PM
You couldn't be bothered to come support Your bison any one of the 5 times they played on a neutral field in Frisco?
See? There's that arrogance again. Since 2011, I have been the leader of the NDSU Alumni group in the Carolinas working to grow the group & brand here in the Southeast. You can read about us in articles from the Forum, Bison Illustrated, & The Sporting News all from the last 12 months.

In '11 & '12, couldn't afford to go. 13' was stuck in MN for 3 extra days due to -60° weather. '14 I had a work conflict, & '15 I watched the game in Old San Juan before boarding a cruise my girlfriend had booked for us before the season started. I am always back in MN for the week before or after Christmas for my son & I to see the family because I'm one of those schmucks that think that's a priority over a football game.

So...you want to keep being a petulant online dick and whining about the minutia?

BisonTru
October 26th, 2016, 03:32 PM
See? There's that arrogance again. Since 2011, I have been the leader of the NDSU Alumni group in the Carolinas working to grow the group & brand here in the Southeast. You can read about us in articles from the Forum, Bison Illustrated, & The Sporting News all from the last 12 months.

In '11 & '12, couldn't afford to go. 13' was stuck in MN for 3 extra days due to -60° weather. '14 I had a work conflict, & '15 I watched the game in Old San Juan before boarding a cruise my girlfriend had booked for us before the season started. I am always back in MN for the week before or after Christmas for my son & I to see the family because I'm one of those schmucks that think that's a priority over a football game.

So...you want to keep being a petulant online dick and whining about the minutia?

You questioned my fandom because I'm not head over heels over a game against Butler. Spare me that I dare question yours.

We all have family, work, money that comes into what we can and can't do as far as support of NDSU. I've put a lot of priority on getting down to games in Frisco, or in the year in question I'm going to try and make it out to Delaware for our game. It will certainly come at the expense of this game if need be. If that makes me an arrogant Bison fan so be it.

And yes, Butler is a crap opponent. It is what it is. I haven't nor have I seen anyone on here or big bad bisonville, get upset that some people are excited. That's awesome, IMO, I hope we pack Target field. I just don't share the same excitement as the majority, which again, I think is awesome.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 26th, 2016, 03:35 PM

So what if he wasn't at the title games. Doesn't make a person not a "fan".

Southern Bison
October 26th, 2016, 03:51 PM
You questioned my fandom because I'm not head over heels over a game against Butler. Spare me that I dare question yours.

We all have family, work, money that comes into what we can and can't do as far as support of NDSU. I've put a lot of priority on getting down to games in Frisco, or in the year in question I'm going to try and make it out to Delaware for our game. It will certainly come at the expense of this game if need be. If that makes me an arrogant Bison fan so be it.

And yes, Butler is a crap opponent. It is what it is. I haven't nor have I seen anyone on here or big bad bisonville, get upset that some people are excited. That's awesome, IMO, I hope we pack Target field. I just don't share the same excitement as the majority, which again, I think is awesome.
I never questioned your fandom...just your whining about who the opponent was. Why care who they're playing? Y'all within a couple hrs of campus are basically getting 7 hone games! Did you whine about Delaware State or UIW in '13 & '14 for College Gameday?

As far as the 2019 at Delaware game:
We, as the NDSU Alumni & Fans of the Carolinas, have already notified the crew at the Alumni Association that our group will be hosting the tailgate event at the Delaware game just as we did in Youngstown ('13) & Terre Haute ('15). President Bresciani, ADs Taylor & Larson, Pat Simmers coaches' wives, & Alumni Assoc. reps have all joined us & spoke. We even had the Gold Star Marching Band give our fans a concert before the ISUb game! I recall meeting a few of you, Gumby013, Mr. C, LakesBison (unfortunately), RoadWarrior, just to name a few.

BisonTru
October 26th, 2016, 04:19 PM
I never questioned your fandom...just your whining about who the opponent was. Why care who they're playing? Y'all within a couple hrs of campus are basically getting 7 hone games! Did you whine about Delaware State or UIW in '13 & '14 for College Gameday?

I realize we are sometimes stuck with the opponents we get, but I'd rather have better competition. It may have been wishful thinking, but if we could have gotten a premiere FCS matchup or a G5 matchup this game would have been a lot more exciting, to me. I'm not really whining. I don't want to see this cancelled. I just would prefer a better opponent. Like I said it is what it is, and I'm really glad the majority is pumped up for this game.

As far as the 2019 at Delaware game:
We, as the NDSU Alumni & Fans of the Carolinas, have already notified the crew at the Alumni Association that our group will be hosting the tailgate event at the Delaware game just as we did in Youngstown ('13) & Terre Haute ('15). President Bresciani, ADs Taylor & Larson, Pat Simmers coaches' wives, & Alumni Assoc. reps have all joined us & spoke. We even had the Gold Star Marching Band give our fans a concert before the ISUb game! I recall meeting a few of you, Gumby013, Mr. C, LakesBison (unfortunately), RoadWarrior, just to name a few.

I'm all for that. We will hopefully be flying out there so a tailgate setup to hang at would be nice. Keep me in the loop when it gets closer. I'd gladly pitch in for stuff needed.

IBleedYellow
October 26th, 2016, 04:23 PM
No guys. I'M CLEARLY THE BEST BISON FAN!

NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE AN OPINION NOW.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2016, 04:24 PM
No guys. I'M CLEARLY THE BEST BISON FAN!

NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE AN OPINION NOW.

Good.

Southern Bison
October 26th, 2016, 04:37 PM
I'm all for that. We will hopefully be flying out there so a tailgate setup to hang at would be nice. Keep me in the loop when it gets closer. I'd gladly pitch in for stuff needed.

We'll do it as before... $25 (est.) gets you Carolina Pulled Pork, Burgers, Brats, sides, dessert, pop, water, beer (IBY's too young), and Bison camaraderie with us Eastcoasters.

IBleedYellow
October 26th, 2016, 04:41 PM
I'm too young for beer?

Sir. We must talk.

Southern Bison
October 26th, 2016, 04:55 PM
I'm too young for beer?

Sir. We must talk.

LOL!

Hammerhead
October 26th, 2016, 07:18 PM
I wonder if the Gophers will have a home game that same day?

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2016, 07:50 PM
I expect this game to set off a chain reaction. Within the next few weeks it will be announced that Northern Iowa will take on Coe College at the Cedar Rapids Kernels stadium in order to grab the attention of our alumni in Cedar Rapids. The following year they will host DMACC at the Iowa Cubs stadium in Des Moines. It will really energize our fan base.

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2016, 07:55 PM
I expect this game to set off a chain reaction. Within the next few weeks it will be announced that Northern Iowa will take on Coe College at the Cedar Rapids Kernels stadium in order to grab the attention of our alumni in Cedar Rapids. The following year they will host DMACC at the Iowa Cubs stadium in Des Moines. It will really energize our fan base.

If you build it........they will come.....

clenz
October 26th, 2016, 08:39 PM

Nah. We want home games 4 hours from campus too.

UNI vs Monmouth (D3 in Illinois) at US Cellular Field
UNI vs UW-Stout at Miller Park
UNI vs Missouri S&T at Busch Stadium
UNI vs Missouri Western at Rosenbladt Stadium

dgtw
October 26th, 2016, 08:42 PM
I thought I was being bitchy for complaining about going to Montgomery.

clenz
October 26th, 2016, 08:44 PM
If the Dakotas aren't careful we will host Dordt in The Bird Cage

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2016, 08:48 PM
If the Dakotas aren't careful we will host #TheU in The Bird Cage

I'm in!

Bisonator
October 26th, 2016, 09:05 PM

And probably go 1-3 and start playing decent again right before the NDSU game.xcoffeex

ST_Lawson
October 26th, 2016, 10:07 PM

Damn, I was going to call Monmouth College...they're closer to us anyway.

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Damn, I was going to call Monmouth College...they're closer to us anyway.

UW-Parkside @ Miller park....or set up a field at the Harley Museum. xthumbsupx

ST_Lawson
October 26th, 2016, 10:13 PM
UW-Parkside @ Miller park....or set up a field at the Harley Museum. xthumbsupx

Idk about Miller Park...we're not the Bison, not sure we can fill a MLB stadium. Probably Fifth Third Bank Ballpark in Geneva, IL (home of the Kane County Cougars minor league team): https://goo.gl/maps/yqbkNAxhMcz
Might be able to swing that one ;)

Twentysix
October 26th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Idk about Miller Park...we're not the Bison, not sure we can fill a MLB stadium. Probably Fifth Third Bank Ballpark in Geneva, IL (home of the Kane County Cougars minor league team): https://goo.gl/maps/yqbkNAxhMcz
Might be able to swing that one ;)

You could play MSUM at Newman Field in Fargo.

Capture that lone WIU alum in Fargo. Gotta get that donor $$$$.

milleniumkat
October 30th, 2016, 08:48 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161031/cb1e0994e90ca31495824d2540f45c49.jpg

"I'll not be pawed at. I have not yet begun to defile myself"

milleniumkat
October 30th, 2016, 08:49 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161031/6e5b82f5b904f7fb94b1360aa1c690d7.jpg

Twentysix
October 30th, 2016, 09:05 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161031/6e5b82f5b904f7fb94b1360aa1c690d7.jpg

Actually 3 years ago we beat Kansas State ;).

Schism55
October 30th, 2016, 09:33 PM
I know Iowa isn't Oklahoma Panhandle St. but we try our best.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2016, 06:08 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161031/cb1e0994e90ca31495824d2540f45c49.jpg

Good call......OK Panhandle and Texas Southern are quality OOC games, what are the Bison thinking scheduling Chuck South, EWU and Iowa this year....xeyebrowx

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2016, 06:12 AM
You also don't need to worry about scheduling as tough out of conference to maintain your SOS when your conference schedule doesn't resemble this:

http://foodnetwork.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/food/fullset/2010/5/26/2/cw_set-art-multi-cupcakes_s4x3.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2016, 06:17 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Here's a murderer's row in the Southland this year:

xlolxxlolx

Nothwestern State: 1-7
Abilene Christian: 1-8
UIW: 1-7
HBU: 3-5
Lamar: 3-5

2 teams are decent in the SLC this year: SHSU and CA

Twentysix
October 31st, 2016, 09:35 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Here's a murderer's row in the Southland this year:

xlolxxlolx

Nothwestern State: 1-7
Abilene Christian: 1-8
UIW: 1-7
HBU: 3-5
Lamar: 3-5

2 teams are decent in the SLC this year: SHSU and CA

I'm not convinced that any of those teams are even universities.

milleniumkat
October 31st, 2016, 11:44 AM
Hook..
Line....
Sinker....

This is too easy.

milleniumkat
October 31st, 2016, 11:46 AM
Actually 3 years ago we beat Kansas State ;).

The post was regarding NDSU crying in 2019 after playing Butler.

I'll try to dumb it down a smidge to make sure you can keep up. I forgot you guys only get toilet humor.

Bisonator
October 31st, 2016, 11:52 AM
You also don't need to worry about scheduling as tough out of conference to maintain your SOS when your conference schedule doesn't resemble this:

Why are there sprinkles? Sprinkles are for winners!:D

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2016, 02:09 PM
Hook..
Line....
Sinker....

This is too easy.

Congratulations on being so clever. Spoil yourself and have an extra cupcake this Saturday.

milleniumkat
October 31st, 2016, 02:47 PM
Congratulations on being so clever. Spoil yourself and have an extra cupcake this Saturday.

LOL. Will do! Did you make that up or did you read that on one of the other 200+ posts the last two weeks?

Handle change recommendation: Captain Obvious!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161031/1220a07a4982bf58784cb4dace6fbfb2.png

Redbird007
October 31st, 2016, 02:50 PM
The location is a great concept for NDSU for many reasons. Too bad they could not have delivered a noteworthy opponent.

IBleedYellow
November 9th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Don't look now but this is 10 months away from being played and it looks like there are less than 2,000 tickets left available.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/MLBEventInfo?agency=TWIN_FOOTBALL&pid=8628068&tfl=Minnesota_Twins-tickets-Minnesota_Twins:_Tickets:_NDSU_vs._Butler_Football-na-x0-Desktop-Landscape

Used the Flash version and you can see individual seats in each section.

maine612
November 9th, 2018, 01:26 PM
I got my tickets to this game and am looking forward to it. I went to the St Johns/St Thomas game last year (division 3) at Target Field and it was one of the football experiences I have had. Roughly 40,000 people for a D3 game. Amazing. Hopefully the experience for NDSU game is similar however I don't expect a close game which will hurt it.

SUPharmacist
November 9th, 2018, 02:03 PM
Got my tickets. I understand the complaints from some, but I think it is a real positive for NDSU to have a novelty game in the Twin Cities despite the opponent. I have a lot of alumni friends in the Twin Cities who do not follow NDSU closely, but are going to show up for the party. Hopefully some will convert to real fans, and it will be good to show potential recruits the support NDSU can generate even away from campus.

FUGameBreaker
November 9th, 2018, 03:11 PM
I just don't understand why NDSU could not bring in a decent FCS opponent for this game xconfusedx

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2018, 03:21 PM
I just don't understand why NDSU could not bring in a decent FCS opponent for this game xconfusedx
Because we want all the tickets for ourselves. :D

On a more serious note I'm pretty sure the Twins approached NDSU about doing this. Butler was originally scheduled to be a home game so basically the Twins agreed to pay the guarantee to Butler and then NDSU gets a cut of the ticket sales. I've heard that NDSU could net as much as $1M from this game if it completely sells out.

However, the fact that they appear to have already sold well over 20,000 tickets to this bugger when it's nearly 300 days away still gives me more reason to think the "FCS Champion's Classic - personal brainchild of Professor Chaos" could be a success where two FCS heavyweights could meet at a neutral field similar to this where one year it's in a major metro close to one team and the other year it's in a major metro close to the other.

NDB
November 9th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Bad idea. Jmu in DC might draw anyone else?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Got my tickets. I understand the complaints from some, but I think it is a real positive for NDSU to have a novelty game in the Twin Cities despite the opponent. I have a lot of alumni friends in the Twin Cities who do not follow NDSU closely, but are going to show up for the party. Hopefully some will convert to real fans, and it will be good to show potential recruits the support NDSU can generate even away from campus.

This here. Many TCs fans cannot make it to games in Fargo, this is a great opportunity to branch out to the alum in the Metro.

See if Bison-nation can beat the 37K that St Thomas/St Johns had.

This will be awesome. Getting a suite with some friends.

cx500d
November 9th, 2018, 06:08 PM
I was going to go, but I saw this warning and I'm not sure I can take the risk.
Ticket holder assumes all risk of injury from balls and bats entering the stands. For more information on which seating sections have netting or screening in front of them, please visit twinsbaseball.com/netting (http://www.twinsbaseball.com/netting).

Actually, I missed early in the presale, and I missed early in the regular sale, so now there's just garbage seats left.

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Jacksonville St in Atlanta and Montana in Seattle were my other two best examples.

Bisonoline
November 9th, 2018, 06:52 PM
This here. Many TCs fans cannot make it to games in Fargo, this is a great opportunity to branch out to the alum in the Metro.

See if Bison-nation can beat the 37K that St Thomas/St Johns had.

This will be awesome. Getting a suite with some friends.

Whats a suite cost?

Bisonoline
November 9th, 2018, 06:54 PM

JMU isnt interested in playing us in an OOC game.

taper
November 9th, 2018, 07:13 PM
If the MVFC schedule ever gets upset from realignment and we end up with an out of series game, I'm hoping NDSU and UNI could play at the Viking's stadium. Assuming both are coming off a good year we'd have a good chance at filling it, being roughly halfway between both teams. Might even be worth doing a "home" and "home" during 12 game seasons.

Bisonoline
November 9th, 2018, 07:18 PM

Seriously????

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2018, 07:27 PM
Whats a suite cost?

I can find out PL. A few thousand but with the # of people in there, I think it breaks down to $85-$90 / person.

Bisonoline
November 9th, 2018, 07:35 PM
I can find out PL. A few thousand but with the # of people in there, I think it breaks down to $85-$90 / person.

Heck that isnt bad.

TheKingpin28
November 9th, 2018, 07:49 PM

The facilities at Target Field are fantastic.

FUGameBreaker
November 9th, 2018, 07:54 PM
Seriously????

Yes seriously, your gameday games and now this, against some of the weakest in FCS, for a team that belongs in the FBS is kinda funny

Bisonoline
November 9th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Yes seriously, your gameday games and now this, against some of the weakest in FCS lol, for a team that belongs in the FBS is kinda ridiculous

As far as gameday the network pickes the game.Its not like you can change your schedule at the last minute for gameday.

You being a furman fan you probably dont have an issue with teams not wanting to get their ass kicked. We have had problems trying to get quality FCS teams to come to Fargo for one game. Most FBS wont even talk to us.

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Whats a suite cost?
We got a 20 person suite for $2160. But you can add 4 "suite standing room" tickets for $58 each and there's plenty of room between inside the suite and the seats outside for that money. With 24 people that averages out to about $100 per ticket. That's cheaper than even the cheapest Twins games I think (they probably undersold them xlolx).

We booked ours the week before Halloween and I've heard the suites are sold out for now but that there may be some coming available (maybe from Twins season ticket holders for those suites claiming or releasing them) so you can get on a waiting list if you want.

Bisonoline
November 9th, 2018, 08:32 PM
We got a 20 person suite for $2160. But you can add 4 "suite standing room" tickets for $58 each and there's plenty of room between inside the suite and the seats outside for that money. With 24 people that averages out to about $100 per ticket. That's cheaper than even the cheapest Twins games I think (they probably undersold them xlolx).

We booked ours the week before Halloween and I've heard the suites are sold out for now but that there may be some coming available (maybe from Twins season ticket holders for those suites claiming or releasing them) so you can get on a waiting list if you want.

Thanks for the info!

FUGameBreaker
November 9th, 2018, 09:24 PM
As far as gameday the network pickes the game.Its not like you can change your schedule at the last minute for gameday.

You being a furman fan you probably dont have an issue with teams not wanting to get their ass kicked. We have had problems trying to get quality FCS teams to come to Fargo for one game. Most FBS wont even talk to us.

You miss my point completely, I am not talking trash man I don't know why your getting defensive, nevermind........

da_Bison
November 10th, 2018, 12:34 AM
You miss my point completely, I am not talking trash man I don't know why your getting defensive, nevermind........

I totally agree with you, some clowns wanna see this **** show that will be over 5 minutes in. I wouldn’t pay 5.00 a ticket.

NDSUKurt
November 10th, 2018, 05:56 AM
I totally agree with you, some clowns wanna see this **** show that will be over 5 minutes in. I wouldn’t pay 5.00 a ticket.

When will people like you realize this is an experience and not about the opponent? It is just like going to the movie Titanic; people knew that the ship was going to sink, but they still forked out the money because they wanted to be part of the experience.

I am going because it is closer for my family than Fargo. I was able to actually get tickets, my friends are planning on a gathering after the game, and we will already be in town for the Minnesota State Fair that weekend.

With the tickets already almost sold out, I am predicting that NDSU will be scheduling another game like this in the twin cities, but it will be at US Bank Stadium against a better and more recognizable FCS team. I think that 2021 or 2023 will be the year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2018, 06:03 AM

Well, there will be 40K clowns there watching the game.

Why not go? The opponent is not relevant IMO, it is the experience.

This is a great idea for NDSU. Many NDSU alum cannot go to games and there are a ton of them down in the Metro. This gives them an opportunity to see a game.

Instead of complaining or belittling Bison fans that are going why not go and check it out?

This will sell out by the looks of it so far.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2018, 06:05 AM
When will people like you realize this is an experience and not about the opponent? It is just like going to the movie Titanic; people knew that the ship was going to sink, but they still forked out the money because they wanted to be part of the experience.

I am going because it is closer for my family than Fargo. I was able to actually get tickets, my friends are planning on a gathering after the game, and we will already be in town for the Minnesota State Fair that weekend.

With the tickets already almost sold out, I am predicting that NDSU will be scheduling another game like this in the twin cities, but it will be at US Bank Stadium against a better and more recognizable FCS team. I think that 2021 or 2023 will be the year.

I wonder what a NDSU/UND game would get for attendance at US Bank......?

xchinscratchx

Laker
November 10th, 2018, 07:33 AM
Well, there will be 40K clowns there watching the game.

Why not go? The opponent is not relevant IMO, it is the experience.

This is a great idea for NDSU. Many NDSU alum cannot go to games and there are a ton of them down in the Metro. This gives them an opportunity to see a game.

Instead of complaining or belittling Bison fans that are going why not go and check it out?

This will sell out by the looks of it so far.

St John's and St Thomas filled Target Field up. They loved it. Great publicity for those schools. They had NO problem selling tickets. As you said, they could probably fill the Bank with a UND-NDSU game. You would get a lot of Twin Cities people to watch that one.

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2018, 07:33 AM
To each his own. I'm paying $100 for a ticket and I promise you I'm going to have a great time regardless of how bad the beatdown is.

JacksFan40
November 10th, 2018, 09:00 AM

It seems like an awesome experience. Hell I’d of gone to Target Field if SDSU was playing anyone, even Pine Bluff. It’d just be a cool atmosphere too watch a game in

ST_Lawson
November 10th, 2018, 09:15 AM
It seems like an awesome experience. Hell I’d of gone to Target Field if SDSU was playing anyone, even Pine Bluff. It’d just be a cool atmosphere too watch a game in

Same here. I've gone to games where we've been blown out by 60 points and still had a good time and I've been at games where we blew out the team we were playing by nearly 90 and still enjoyed myself. If WIU was playing anyone at a big stadium like that that was within 4-5 hours of me, I'd be there.

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2018, 10:06 AM

xchinscratchx

They would have to set up security at US Bank like they do for FA derbies (also known as the most fiercest rivalries) over in England/Wales.

Hammerhead
November 10th, 2018, 10:19 AM
Which is no different than most of NDSU’s non conference schedules.

AmsterBison
November 10th, 2018, 10:43 AM
To each his own. I'm paying $100 for a ticket and I promise you I'm going to have a great time regardless of how bad the beatdown is.

Exactly - games like the Target Field one are where you meet up with friends and family who normally don't go to Bison games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Which is no different than most of NDSU’s non conference schedules.

16 non conference slate was the best ever IMO.

I like cupcakes in the OOC games. FBS, when we can schedule them, and 2 home games is perfect for me. A game in the Cities is basically a home game no matter who the opponent is. UND would be the only team that would bring a decent showing....UNI wouldn't bring squat IMO.

Bisonator
November 10th, 2018, 01:35 PM

xchinscratchx
Let's move the conference game between those 2 in 2021 to the Bank.:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2018, 01:43 PM

I'm all in on this one!!

xthumbsupx

I can almost bet UND will do the same crap that the SD schools do by holding tickets or not selling them right away with their other games to try and keep Bison fans away from their dump dome....xnodx

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2018, 01:52 PM

I could get behind this. All GFCC "home" games at US Bank and all away games at The Fargodome.

AmsterBison
November 10th, 2018, 03:19 PM
Yeah, 2016.... the year we didn't win the national championship. Did we have a banner raising for our great ooc schedule on our first home game in 2017?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2018, 06:05 PM
NDSU's AD said during halftime today that 24K tickets have been sold already for this game!

xhurrayx

POD Knows
November 11th, 2018, 12:03 PM
NDSU's AD said during halftime today that 24K tickets have been sold already for this game!

xhurrayxGot my two today, crummy seats but the game should be a 60 to 0 blow out so I am just there for the "event" and might hit Manny's on Friday night.

JSUSoutherner
November 11th, 2018, 12:06 PM
23-21 Butler

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Got my two today, crummy seats but the game should be a 60 to 0 blow out so I am just there for the "event" and might hit Manny's on Friday night.

This game should easily sell out with 9-10 months left to sell tickets.

Need to organize an AGS get together on Friday night!

- - - Updated - - -

23-21 Butler

Not even close: 50-0 Butler

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2018, 03:14 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Not even close: 50-0 ButlerIf I am still in the Twin Cities I am down. If I go downtown ever, I usually hit up Cowboy Jack's as its kitty corner to Target Field and has a huge rooftop outdoor bar.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Schism55
November 11th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Got my two today, crummy seats but the game should be a 60 to 0 blow out so I am just there for the "event" and might hit Manny's on Friday night.
Hell yeah brother! One of my all time fave places xthumbsupx

dewey
November 11th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Hell yeah brother! One of my all time fave places xthumbsupx

The bludgeon of beef!

Dewey

cx500d
November 11th, 2018, 04:31 PM

Hmm Manny’s you say? I always mix that place up with Murray’s

cx500d
November 11th, 2018, 04:32 PM

I’m in

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2018, 04:42 PM
I’m in

You coming up?

Let me know if you can make a playoff game this year...xnodx

cx500d
November 11th, 2018, 04:45 PM
You coming up?

Let me know if you can make a playoff game this year...xnodx

I’m planning to come up since my folks still live in the twin cities. It’s a good excuse to visit

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2018, 04:45 PM
I’m planning to come up since my folks still live in the twin cities. It’s a good excuse to visit

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMichgolden Lights? xlolx

Gil Dobie
November 11th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Hmm Manny’s you say? I always mix that place up with Murray’s

Murray's has the grissle, Manny's the Tomahawk.

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Love me some Manny's.

Gil Dobie
November 12th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Love me some Manny's.

https://b.zmtcdn.com/data/pictures/5/17085865/b259646b2cd4f40910a00b6235fd9aa7_featured_v2.jpg

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2018, 10:29 AM
https://b.zmtcdn.com/data/pictures/5/17085865/b259646b2cd4f40910a00b6235fd9aa7_featured_v2.jpgYo u can't be posting food porn when I haven't even eaten breakfast and my lunch break is still about 1 hour away. At least I am on a quick break where I just woofed down an orange.

cx500d
November 12th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Michgolden Lights? xlolx

Mmmmmmm. You hit the spot with that sixer at the Delaware tailgate.

cx500d
November 12th, 2018, 11:38 AM
You can't be posting food porn when I haven't even eaten breakfast and my lunch break is still about 1 hour away. At least I am on a quick break where I just woofed down an orange.

It’s nice to have the day off....I’m relaxing at the nespresso bar in Northpark mall checking out all the highland park hotties...which I could never afford

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Mmmmmmm. You hit the spot with that sixer at the Delaware tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI do what I can. Crisp bottles of Light that are at about 43F are the perfect beer for a game in that temperature.

cx500d
November 12th, 2018, 02:16 PM
I do what I can. Crisp bottles of Light that are at about 32F are the perfect beer for a game in that temperature.

Fyp

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Fyp

They turn to ice and iced beer where it tastes like piss water that has lost it's flavor is a hard pass from me.

POD Knows
November 12th, 2018, 03:12 PM
They turn to ice and iced beer where it tastes like piss water that has lost it's flavor is a hard pass from me.Mich Golden has no flavor, it is tailgate beer for when you want to pound a 12 pack in an hour.

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Mich Golden has no flavor, it is tailgate beer for when you want to pound a 12 pack in an hour.

Nah, that's Coors Light.

Winterborn
November 12th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Mich Golden has no flavor, it is tailgate beer for when you want to pound a 12 pack in an hour.

Nah, that's Coors Light.

Neither has a flavor. xcoffeex

dewey
November 12th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Neither has a flavor. xcoffeexYep.

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181113/b50588c36296c0d60d204111a097618b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2018, 05:40 AM
Neither has a flavor. xcoffeexDon't hate.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2018, 07:34 AM
Neither has a flavor. xcoffeexThis, neither as flavor and whatever mild flavor they may possess is not good.

Winterborn
November 13th, 2018, 08:02 AM
Don't hate.

Everybody has different tastes and somebody has to drink the stuff they wash out of the bottom of the tank. :D

Thumper 76
November 13th, 2018, 08:17 AM

I get the FBS thing for ndsu, and I don’t fault the logic of a weak OOC slate after what happened the year JMU beat them. Don’t try to play the “nobody in FCS will play is” card though with how you guys set up your schedule. Any good program isn’t going to sign up for a one off away game outside of odd circumstances. With the stated strategy of ndsu scheduling right now of only taking home and homes if the return trip is in a 12 game year you can’t try to put that back on the FCS as not wanting to play you. There’s nothing wrong with that strategy when you sell out every game, or even if you don’t, but don’t try to blame the rest of FCS for your lack of great OOC opportunities. Top teams aren’t signing one and domes for away games. That’s the way it is. I know you aren’t really complaining about it and understand it, but I’ve seen some bison fans trying to frame it as the rest of the FCS is scared and that’s just dumb.

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2018, 08:27 AM
Everybody has different tastes and somebody has to drink the stuff they wash out of the bottom of the tank. :DNah those are Busch Lattes

Bison56
November 13th, 2018, 01:14 PM
https://www.thebrewmonks.com/wp-content/uploads/beersnobs.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjao5n-idLeAhWq1IMKHfIIDqMQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thebrewmonks.com%2Fbeer-snobbery%2F&psig=AOvVaw3JmQsUnuX6ZilE0A1dN6df&ust=1542222832915751)

cx500d
November 13th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Everybody has different tastes and somebody has to drink the stuff they wash out of the bottom of the tank. :D
Based on all the sediment and floaters I saw in that beer you were drinking, it was either poured off the bottom of the red river, or sumped out of the west Fargo sewer ponds

cx500d
November 13th, 2018, 08:48 PM
I get the FBS thing for ndsu, and I don’t fault the logic of a weak OOC slate after what happened the year JMU beat them. Don’t try to play the “nobody in FCS will play is” card though with how you guys set up your schedule. Any good program isn’t going to sign up for a one off away game outside of odd circumstances. With the stated strategy of ndsu scheduling right now of only taking home and homes if the return trip is in a 12 game year you can’t try to put that back on the FCS as not wanting to play you. There’s nothing wrong with that strategy when you sell out every game, or even if you don’t, but don’t try to blame the rest of FCS for your lack of great OOC opportunities. Top teams aren’t signing one and domes for away games. That’s the way it is. I know you aren’t really complaining about it and understand it, but I’ve seen some bison fans trying to frame it as the rest of the FCS is scared and that’s just dumb.

maybe we can play SDSU but not count it as a conference game

Bisonoline
November 13th, 2018, 09:04 PM

Fact is a lot of teams wont schedule NDSU for a home and home. No matter what money was offered.
JMU was approached by a sports writer about a game with NDSU at a neutral site for a couple years running. He was told by the AD they werent interested.
But you can believe what you wish

SUPharmacist
November 14th, 2018, 12:20 AM
https://www.thebrewmonks.com/wp-content/uploads/beersnobs.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjao5n-idLeAhWq1IMKHfIIDqMQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thebrewmonks.com%2Fbeer-snobbery%2F&psig=AOvVaw3JmQsUnuX6ZilE0A1dN6df&ust=1542222832915751)

Lots, I myself fit that group. I normally have the sense to keep my mouth shut about others choices, but if we are going to talk about the proper temperature to drink a mich golden it is its own form of beer snobbery and just inviting the real beer snobs into the discussion. For me I like to try the local beers wherever I go.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2018, 05:55 AM
Fact is a lot of teams wont schedule NDSU for a home and home. No matter what money was offered.
JMU was approached by a sports writer about a game with NDSU at a neutral site for a couple years running. He was told by the AD they werent interested.
But you can believe what you wish

Rival fans don't have a clue and never will.

What you just wrote is exactly what I've been told by the AD. The difference is our fan base expect 6 home games, I do, every year and scheduling away games to so we can have home/home with upper echelon FCS teams is nonsense. Maybe these wannabe FCS programs are content with 5 home games, good for them and their maligned fan bases....xlolx

Next year's OOC slate looks pretty decent.

Let all of these wannabes whine....xlolx

** Not directed to you thumper directly. Just a broad brush stroke on accumulation of comments about NDSU scheduling.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2018, 09:05 AM
It's also worth noting that NDSU isn't paying much below FBS levels for guarantee games now. Several recent guarantee games agreed to have been $250k for a team to come to Fargo for a one-and-done deal (that's what the Cal Poly game was this year). G5 schools don't pay a whole lot more. There was a list of all of them that I saw but can't find right now but I know that, for instance, UMass paid Duquesne $275k for their game in week 0 this year.

NDSU also doesn't restrict themselves to playing road FCS OOC games only in 12 game seasons. They'll do it in 11 game regular seasons when they can't get an FBS game (which looks like it'll happen more often than not in the near future). They went to Montana in 2015 and EWU in 2017 and both were 11 game regular seasons.

Winterborn
November 14th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Based on all the sediment and floaters I saw in that beer you were drinking, it was either poured off the bottom of the red river, or sumped out of the west Fargo sewer ponds

There were no sediment or floaters in my beer that night. It is called "head" and when it lasts to the bottom of the glass you know you have a good beer. Even the domestics try to imitate that portion of a craft beer.xcoffeex :D

Winterborn
November 14th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Lots, I myself fit that group. I normally have the sense to keep my mouth shut about others choices, but if we are going to talk about the proper temperature to drink a mich golden it is its own form of beer snobbery and just inviting the real beer snobs into the discussion. For me I like to try the local beers wherever I go.

If I can't take it, I shouldn't dish it. xnodx That said, I have never said no to a free beer and at that point I will drink all the cheap stuff that I am offered. I just happen to prefer something with a bit more depth when I have the choice but there is nothing wrong with liking the other stuff. They make a fine base for a bloody mary. :D

POD Knows
November 14th, 2018, 10:17 AM
If I can't take it, I shouldn't dish it. xnodx That said, I have never said no to a free beer and at that point I will drink all the cheap stuff that I am offered. I just happen to prefer something with a bit more depth when I have the choice but there is nothing wrong with liking the other stuff. They make a fine base for a bloody mary. :D
xlolx You actually choked down a couple of Coors Light I gave you at the last couple of games. For the record, Coors Lite sucks at all temps and the only reason I bought it was because of the twist tops on the 16 oz cans.