PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - week 9

Fordham
October 24th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Week 9
Hope it's ok to get this going while carney is away with Trixie enjoying life.

BUCKNELL @ Chuck South
GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE
HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE
FORDHAM @ LEHIGH

Game of the Week: so obvious it does not need to be written.

My thoughts: after seeing our injury depleted D these past few weeks I'm afraid Lehigh may need another digit on the scoreboard. Very proud of how we've played with so many true freshmen and third stringers forced into action. Do we get Anderson back from suspension? I assume 'yes'. Can Chase do what Chase has always done to Lehigh? That's the key to us trying to keep pace with that prolific offense. When all is said and done I'm not sure we can score on every possession the way it feels like we'll need to in order to win ... but that's why they play the game.

Hope you're having a blast wherever you are, carney!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2016, 08:12 AM
A little surprised you went with Georgetown at Lafayette as the Game of the Week, but then again the team that loses that game probably will get the first round draft pick next year

RichH2
October 24th, 2016, 08:54 AM
O/U on Lehigh Fordham will be interesting :)

CFBfan
October 24th, 2016, 10:15 AM
O/U on Lehigh Fordham will be interesting :)

fordham had trouble putting up points vs hoyas D so......

PAllen
October 24th, 2016, 10:24 AM

If the weather's nice, and Fordam's QB is back, still gotta go with over 100.

CFBfan
October 24th, 2016, 10:26 AM
If the weather's nice, and Fordam's QB is back, still gotta go with over 100.

likely high scoring weather permitting but 100 seems a little too high

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2016, 10:29 AM
likely high scoring weather permitting but 100 seems a little too high

FWIW it's hit over 100 before: 59-42 in the Bronx last year

Fordham
October 24th, 2016, 10:48 AM
A little surprised you went with Georgetown at Lafayette as the Game of the Week, but then again the team that loses that game probably will get the first round draft pick next yearwell played.

Although they're out of game shape, the return of All-PL's DT Manny Adeyeye and LB Niko Thorpe this past week was huge for our D. It's not getting us everyone back who we lost and they're not at the top of their game but it sure is a boost for a D who was stitched together and lacking in any depth at LB and DL.

van
October 24th, 2016, 11:11 AM

don't be fooled, Hoyas D is not bad, but Rams shot themselves multiple times with penalties and turnovers

2ram
October 24th, 2016, 02:50 PM
yea, the weather sucked leading to something like 4 turnovers and 2 blocked punts.

and our starting QB was out... and then our backup, medlock, went down, so we were playing with a 3rd string QB.

excuses aside, our D has had trouble stopping anyone all year, so even with the return of two very key defenders in adeyeye and thorpe, it will be very difficult to keep pace with the engineers.

better lace 'em up for that g'town/lafayette gotw! katy bar the door!

CHIP72
October 24th, 2016, 05:16 PM

Lehigh's defense has shown significant improvement in recent weeks too.

TheValleyRaider
October 24th, 2016, 05:34 PM
Competing Pick 'em threads! If carney declares the other one to be closed, then I will follow.

Nice time on the bye, 3-0 last week, 30-12 for the season

Bucknell at Charleston Southern Charleston Southern Well how about this, the Bison playing an OOC game against someone they haven't seen for the last 3-4 years. In fact, it appears they have never seen the Buccaneers before. Since their thrilling opener against some other Bison team, the Bucs have quietly flown under the radar nationally with only one more loss to Florida State. Judge for yourself which is the worse defeat. Meanwhile, our Bison are coming off a thumping win over a conference foe. With the PL already 0-2 against the Big South (hello Monmouth), Bucknell looks to improve that record against the conference favorites. If this game were in Lewisburg, far from Charleston (or much else), I might consider taking the Bison. But it's not, and I won't. Bucs improve to 1-1 against buffalo mascots.

Georgetown at Lafayette Georgetown I really have no idea what to think about this game. Georgetown has won 4 of the last 6 against the Leopards, including a rout in DC last year. Lafayette has had some tight finishes this year, but appear to have lost the plot as of late. This one comes down to the Hoya offense, and if they can find enough points to stay in front. On the road is a tough one, but I'm guessing this more confident bunch gets off the slide and back to .500

Holy Cross at Colgate Colgate The Raiders are rested, and come in on a high after snapping their skid at Bucknell a few weeks ago. The same Bucknell that stunned HC. The Crusaders took one on the chin against Lehigh in what represented their last chance to climb into the PL race. With one eye on the out-of-town scores, Colgate will look to do the same. They have a big showdown coming next weekend in the Bronx, but it will mean little without a win in Hamilton this weekend. In a matchup between two rivals who have struggled to put it all together this season, I'll take the Raiders with something more to play for making it 5 in a row.

Fordham at Lehigh Lehigh Bit of a shame that the League title may be decided before November starts, but there you have it. Lehigh is riding a 6-game winning streak, and while the offense continues to chug along, their defense has improved a little over the last couple of weeks. Not sure, though, if they've faced an offense like the one coming from the Bronx. Was Fordham's poor performance against Georgetown bad luck, a missing QB, looking ahead to this game? They've got a great chance to put it all behind them come Saturday. With the Raiders visiting NYC the following weekend, can Fordham suddenly turn the tables and grab the driver's seat in the title race? Rooting for, but not expecting to get, chaos. Hoping that this potential title clash lives up to the billing, and leaning towards the hotter home team.

RichH2
October 24th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Gate in a tussle but decisive
Bucknell gettin a whuppin
Pards getting a W
Lehigh in a close battle.

bonarae
October 24th, 2016, 07:02 PM
BUCKNELL @ Chuck South
GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE
HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE
FORDHAM @ LEHIGH

All home teams.

van
October 24th, 2016, 08:31 PM
BUCKNELL @ Chuck South, buffs will be in over their head this week

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE, Pards keep finding new ways to lose but since Hoyas can't score they just might find a way to win

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE, Gate rested and at home should be enough of an edge

FORDHAM @ LEHIGH, a lot riding on this game, Rams have had our number recently, expect D will make Edmonds work for his yards and Shaf, Brags and WRs too much fire power for Rams D

Ivytalk
October 24th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Chawlstun Suthun
Jawjtown
Gate
Lehigh

UNHWildcat18
October 24th, 2016, 09:20 PM
If Lehigh beats Fordham and then Colgate beats Fordham the PL will be a 1 bid conference this year right?

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2016, 09:22 PM
Charleston Southern 40 Bucknell 7
Georgetown 21 Lafayette 20
Colgate 35 Holy Cross 31
Lehigh 45 Fordham 38

Last Week: 3-0 Season: 29-13

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2016, 09:57 PM
If Lehigh beats Fordham and then Colgate beats Fordham the PL will be a 1 bid conference this year right?

People are being remarkably cavalier about Lehigh beating Bucknell the following week if the Mountain Hawks manage to beat Fordham. But let's put it this way: A 6-4 Colgate won't get in and a 7-4, 6 D-I win Fordham team is probably too much to ask as well. Even at 8-3 with 7 D-I wins, Fordham would be a very bubble-y team, and could be co-champions with Lehigh too if Bucknell upsets them.

Bucknell can't be eliminated this weekend since they play OOC, so next weekend's game will be a big one no matter the outcome of this weekend's Lehigh/Fordham game. Not that this Fordham/Lehigh game isn't a HUGE game - it clearly is - but it's not a "Patriot League Championship Game" either.

Lehigh'98
October 24th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Under no scenario does the PL get an at large this season. No speculation needed.

ngineer
October 24th, 2016, 11:07 PM
Chuck South is for real and the Bison are their usual..what are they? They show signs of "coming out of it" but then falter. Bucs are a tough team and at home this could be ugly. CSU, 38-14

Leotards are chasing only their tails at this point. Tavani admits the program is "taking on water" in post game interview. Hoyas can still salvage a winning season. Georgetown 24-17.

Holy Cross, like Bucknell, cannot be figured out. 'gate must win to have their visit to the Bronx be meaningful in terms of championship hope. Raiders get it done as Gilmore twists in the wind, by a 38-17 score.

Lehigh's defense has made great strides the past three weeks. Yes, Edmonds is in a class by himself, and he will get his yards, but I don't see a Ram team as balanced as Lehigh. If Lehigh can get out to a quick lead, Fordham might have to pass more than they'd like. Weather looks like a perfect day for football, 60F and sunny. If the wind is calm, the scoreboard could go tilt. I see the O/U at around 90, with Lehigh winning 52-38.

Go...gate
October 25th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Charleston Southern 37, Bucknell 14

Georgetown 22, Lafayette 17

Colgate 30, Holy Cross 23

Fordham 44, Lehigh 38

Bonus Picks:

Cornell 26, Princeton 24

Hun 33, Peddie 19

RichH2
October 25th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Rumors aside does anyone know Anderson's status for Saturday?

carney2
October 25th, 2016, 09:27 AM
BUCKNELL @ Chuck South -Chuck has some D-1 talent. Bucky, not so much.

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE - Few people will see this game. Fewer still will care enough to remember anything. We may never know the results.

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE - The Gilmore wake continues.

FORDHAM @ LEHIGH - The Rams don't seem to be much beyond Edmonds this year. The Squawks are proving themselves to be the best of a bad lot.

Fordhamanhattan
October 25th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Kevin Anderson had a one game suspension. It may be a benefit as the nicks and bruises of the season to date may heal.

crusader11
October 25th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Kevin Anderson had a one game suspension. It may be a benefit as the nicks and bruises of the season to date may heal.

Why was he suspended?

Fordhamanhattan
October 25th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Violating team rules.

Lehigh'98
October 25th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Lehigh -9, 80.5. I'll take the over please.
Bucknell +26, 48. Gimme Chuck South
Lafayette +6, 42.5. Under please
Colgate -9.5, 62.5. Over if Geoff is playing. Gate and the points if not.

LeopardBall10
October 26th, 2016, 07:18 AM
GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE - Few people will see this game. Fewer still will care enough to remember anything. We may never know the results.

We can only hope.

ColgateTD
October 26th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Where's Carney when you need him?

Charles Southern - by 21
Georgetown - by 7
Colgate - by 16....last chance
Lehigh - by 3

30-12

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2016, 11:30 AM
We are not very good but I think Georgetown is more motivated and competent than we are. We have more talent so this will be another good benchmark of our problems

LeHawk
October 26th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Charleston Southern 44 , Bucknell 14

Georgetown 20 , Lafayette 21

Colgate 35 , Holy Cross , 24

Fordham 31 , Lehigh 45

jimbo65
October 27th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Charleston

Lafayette

Colgate

Fordham

carney2
October 27th, 2016, 09:18 AM
The Leopard faithful are looking for someone (or a lot of someones) to throw under the bus. They are, however, having even greater problems finding the "bus."

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2016, 09:41 AM
With apologies to KillABee, Lafayette will win this weekend by more than two touchdowns is my guess.

carney2
October 27th, 2016, 09:53 AM
With apologies to KillABee, Lafayette will win this weekend by more than two touchdowns is my guess.

I guess that would change the chant from

One and ten. We did it again.

to

Two and Nine. Things are just fine.

And they are because that would make the 2016 Leopards twice as good as their 2015 predecessors.

crusader11
October 27th, 2016, 10:26 AM

Is there any evidence to suggest that? Georgetown played Harvard relatively tough, and had a chance to beat Fordham. Yeah, Anderson wasn't playing, but even still.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hoyas win.

RichH2
October 28th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Just dont like seeing us on page 2 :).
The question for Lehigh is can they rise to the challenge of this game. LU has shown the ability to beat up lesser teams. Saturday they will face a much better team in a winner take all game.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Is there any evidence to suggest that? Georgetown played Harvard relatively tough, and had a chance to beat Fordham. Yeah, Anderson wasn't playing, but even still.

Just have a hunch that the losing stops now, at home, for the Leopards.

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2016, 09:34 AM

The problem is Georgetown's leading rusher is averaging 26 yards a game vs. teams not named Davidson or Marist.

crusader11
October 28th, 2016, 09:46 AM
The problem is Georgetown's leading rusher is averaging 26 yards a game vs. teams not named Davidson or Marist.

Lafayette averages 62 YPG on the ground. Georgetown averages 92. Even if you take out the PFL opponents, their average is six yards more than Lafayette.

Aside from family and friends, who would watch this game?

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Georgetown's best RB option is a defensive lineman.

http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/khristian_tate_1022396.html

Leopard Loyalist
October 28th, 2016, 11:24 AM
BUCKNELL @ Charleston Southern

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE

FORDHAM @ LEHIGH

Fordhamanhattan
October 28th, 2016, 11:31 AM
The Spotted Ones 28 Hoya Saxa less than 28 (I offer this Saint Jude on his feast day, after many years in the desert of despair, he came through for the Rams)
Charleston Southern (superfluous?) 35 the Bison 7
The Hamilton town boys 45 Cross 14 ( QB play woeful but I expect Pujols to emerge from the bowels of Yankee Stadium on November 12th)
The Rams of Fordham 45 the defenders of Bethlehem 42

crusader11
October 28th, 2016, 11:35 AM
QB play woeful but I expect Pujols to emerge from the bowels of Yankee Stadium on November 12th)

Pujals is done for the season, and will be redshirting.

Fordhamanhattan
October 28th, 2016, 11:50 AM
I am glad he will be back.

LUHawker
October 28th, 2016, 11:52 AM
I thought LU rose to the occasion against Colgate pretty well and nobody was calling them a lesser team. I'm optimistic that Lehigh will have the edge against Fordham. While FU has had a 4 year head-start with schollies and there is still some advantage there, I think that at this point the early jump is largely neutralized.

If Lehigh's D can hold the rushing game and not give up the big scores, I think Lehigh wins.

Fordhamanhattan
October 28th, 2016, 12:07 PM
I think Fordham had a real jump on scholarships not only because it had a three year lead (obviously) but Coach Moorhead was used to recruiting scholarship athletes from his days at UConn.

carney2
October 28th, 2016, 12:42 PM

Pujals went down in the 4th game of the season (Dartmouth). Can someone please supply yet another explanation of how the Patriot League (medical) redshirt rules work.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2016, 12:46 PM
I thought LU rose to the occasion against Colgate pretty well and nobody was calling them a lesser team. I'm optimistic that Lehigh will have the edge against Fordham. While FU has had a 4 year head-start with schollies and there is still some advantage there, I think that at this point the early jump is largely neutralized.

If Lehigh's D can hold the rushing game and not give up the big scores, I think Lehigh wins.

For whatever reason Lehigh had a depletion of talent during the transition to scholarship players. The 2014 team really stunk in all aspects. The skill guys were marginal at best. Lehigh had great talent on those '10, '11, and '12 teams. There was definitely a dip in 2013 but they were able

For the first time since 2012 I think Lehigh has reclaimed the depth advantage over Fordham. Fordham has had great skill guys for the last 15 years but would lack in numbers imo. You take out Anderson and Edmonds and Fordham is a completely different team. Take away Shafnisky and Bragalone and I don't think Lehigh misses a beat. As it is, Fordham has won the league once in the last 3 years with scholarships.

After three straight losses to the Rams it's time right the ship. Lehigh still owns a 23-5 series advantage....

RichH2
October 28th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Pujals went down in the 4th game of the season (Dartmouth). Can someone please supply yet another explanation of how the Patriot League (medical) redshirt rules work.

137 explained it before. Not a PL rule it is NCAA. The rule is 30 % or 3 games whichever is greater. If I am correct if Pete hurt in 1st half of 4th game he is eligible.

PAllen
October 28th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Chuck South in a walkover
Lafayette in a close one. 0-2 scoreline anyone?
Toothpaste U puts a nail in Gilmore's time at HC

And my only slightly superstitious pick this week: The Rams over the Engineers in a close one who's scoring should be the antithesis of the GU/LC game.

ngineer
October 28th, 2016, 04:33 PM

In what week did he go down? Medical redshirts are never confirmed until the Spring after petition.

ngineer
October 28th, 2016, 04:36 PM

If he went down in the fourth game, I am sure that is too late for a red shirt. We had kids go down in week 3 or 4 (i.e. Yale game of two years ago) and they were not allowed to petition. If it was week four, I think the line was crossed.

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2016, 04:37 PM
If he went down in the fourth game, I am sure that is too late for a red shirt. We had kids go down in week 3 or 4 (i.e. Yale game of two years ago) and they were not allowed to petition. If it was week four, I think the line was crossed.

He played in game 4 vs. Dartmouth.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/33100/statistics/football/2016/hcfb04.htm?_ga=1.191018474.1937949372.1476984366

ngineer
October 28th, 2016, 04:41 PM
137 explained it before. Not a PL rule it is NCAA. The rule is 30 % or 3 games whichever is greater. If I am correct if Pete hurt in 1st half of 4th game he is eligible.

In that case he is not. 3.5/11=32% or 3.25/11=30%? If three games completed, the line is crossed, non? Per the game summary he got hurt about halfway through the second quarter.

Pard4Life
October 28th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Charleston Southern 42, Bucknell 10

Lafayette 24, Georgetown 21 ... I have to believe

Colgate 35, Holy Cross 33 (funny things happen in this game)

Lehigh 49, Fordham 28

MR. CHICKEN
October 28th, 2016, 07:30 PM
CHARLESTON SOUTHERN
LAFAYETTE
COLGATE
LEHIGH

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Lafayette will beat G'Town by 2 TDs, guessing 28-13

Colgate over Holy Cross, 34-13. Hard to win without a QB.

Chuck South over Bucknell, 34-0. I don't think it will be pretty.

Lehigh over Fordham in the promised shootout, 45-31 (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/10/forrdham-at-lehigh-game-breakdown-and.html)

Bill
October 28th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Now up to 30-12 on the year...

BUCKNELL @ Chuck South - Chuckie...28-12
GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE...Hoyas? 5-4 in 12 innings
HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE - Colgate, 32-21.
FORDHAM @ LEHIGH - Lehigh, 51-49.

milleniumkat
October 28th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Lafayette will beat G'Town by 2 TDs, guessing 28-13

Colgate over Holy Cross, 34-13. Hard to win without a QB.

Chuck South over Bucknell, 34-0. I don't think it will be pretty.

Lehigh over Fordham in the promised shootout, 45-31 (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/10/forrdham-at-lehigh-game-breakdown-and.html)

Does Rudy still play for Holy Cross? If so, I'll pick Holy Cross 6-0. You ain't scoring on Rudy. No effing Way!

Also, I'm pretty sure Lehigh is the School from Teen Wolf. So if Michael J Fox wolfs out, Ill Go Lehigh 106-8.

"I'll not be pawed at. I have not yet begun to defile myself"

milleniumkat
October 28th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Lehigh fans be like:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/60b53139cd4d3b587070de4f6a07033b.jpg

Y'all ready for gameday?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/2185627c6393b1c1813eb66519aa6e9a.jpg

milleniumkat
October 28th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Patriot league has the smartest athletes in the nation.

60% of the time, they win every time.

Lehigh'98
October 29th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Does Rudy still play for Holy Cross? If so, I'll pick Holy Cross 6-0. You ain't scoring on Rudy. No effing Way!

Also, I'm pretty sure Lehigh is the School from Teen Wolf. So if Michael J Fox wolfs out, Ill Go Lehigh 106-8.

3/10, you can do better.

Lehigh
Georgetown
Colgate
Chuck South

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 09:21 AM
CSU 38 Bucknell 10
Lafayette 17 Georgetown 10
Lehigh 41 Fordham 38
Colgate 34 Holy Cross 20

milleniumkat
October 29th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Colgate QB getting in some early warm ups to prepare for Rudy Ruettiger.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/f9d3f0640115ece3f62a1d7157c63a27.jpg

carney2
October 29th, 2016, 10:32 AM
I did not do well in arithmetic in college, but 2nd quarter of the 4th game equates to 14 quarters/44 quarters = 31.8% which would disqualify a redshirt for Pujals under the 30% rule that RichH gave us. And yes, HC plays 11 games, not 12.

RichH2
October 29th, 2016, 10:35 AM
I did not do well in arithmetic in college, but 2nd quarter of the 4th game equates to 14 quarters/44 quarters = 31.8% which would disqualify a redshirt for Pujals under the 30% rule that RichH gave us. And yes, HC plays 11 games, not 12.

Well you did better than I did :)
Think we need 137 to clarify. He did say that Pujols qualified.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Lehigh makes it look easy...

7-0 10:18 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Lehigh 1 play 80+ yards to Knott. Faked the xp..terrible decision...

13-0 8:15 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Fordham responds but they miss the xp. Lehigh need making them working. They're trying to strip the ball too much though....

13-6 3:51 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Lehigh gets a fg

16-6 1:21 1Q

bison137
October 29th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Well you did better than I did :)
Think we need 137 to clarify. He did say that Pujols qualified.

yea, he qualifies. To begin, you don't use quarters of games but only full games. His team plays 11 games. 30% of 11 is 3.3 games - which is rounded up to 4 under NCAA rules. However it's really simpler than that, since the rule says you use either 30% OR 4 games, whichever is greater, to determine eligibility for a medical,hardship waiver. Doesn't even require any math. He qualifies no matter which criteria is used, assuming his injury is certified by the doctors as season-ending.

bison137
October 29th, 2016, 12:32 PM

See above. Halves have nothing to do with it. And it is 4 games, not 3.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Lehigh answers Fordham's fg with a TD

Lehigh 23-9 8:18 2Q

2ram
October 29th, 2016, 12:41 PM
wow. the refs have thrown a dozen flags at fordham, then miss lehigh's blatant hold on a 17 yard around the end to set up the TD.

GJ REFS!

TheValleyRaider
October 29th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Holy Cross 0
Colgate 7
End 1st

Both defenses playing pretty well so far. Colgate had one sustained drive, which ended in a fumble deep in HC territory. The next play was a strip-sack-TD for the defense, and the only score of the game. Colgate just received a punt, so the Raiders have the ball to start the 2nd

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Meanwhile in Easton, it's 3-3 with 0:37 to halftime. The teams have combined for 5 yards on the ground.

FordhamFan
October 29th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Shafnisky is awesome, Fordham can't stop a soul. UGH.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Edmonds fumbles Lehigh makes them pay...

Lehigh 30-9 5:45 2Q

2ram
October 29th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Shafnisky is awesome, Fordham can't stop a soul. UGH.

hasn't been a fordham drive yet that wasn't killed by a penalty, or a lehigh drive not kept alive by one.

FordhamFan
October 29th, 2016, 01:03 PM
The defense just can't tackle man. It's hopeless when you can't make stops.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Boom...Brags for 70 yard TD!

Lehigh 37 Fordham 9 0:54 2Q

TheValleyRaider
October 29th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Holy Cross 0
Colgate 10
Halftime

4 turnovers for Colgate, 3 deep inside the HC red zone. The last was a pick in our end, which led to a late FG attempt that we blocked. Pat Afriye's fumble recovery has been the only TD so far. Defense has played well, the Crusaders are 0-7 on the 3rd down.

We are playing well overall, and I think we've been the better team today, but I'm not comfortable with where this game is compared to where it ought to be. Holy Cross gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

CHIP72
October 29th, 2016, 01:42 PM
It looks like Fordham/Lehigh was the butt-kicking of the week rather than the game of the week. I like, though I'm missing it because I'm attending the Hawks/76ers game (itself a butt-kicking, though a less enjoyable one) and then the Cincinnati/Temple game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Fordham quit in defense....

51-9 8:23 3Q

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Fordham quit in defense....

51-9 8:23 3Q
Surprised by the low turnout for the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Surprised by the low turnout for the game.

A lot of people left at half. Figured drinking in the lot is more interestinh....

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 02:03 PM
A lot of people left at half. Figured drinking in the lot is more interestinh....
Hadn't thought of that...only tuned in in the second half right as Fordham scored.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Fordham adding some late scores. Lehigh had them 4th and 12 and they converted...

51-23 12:35 4Q

TheValleyRaider
October 29th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Holy Cross 0
Colgate 10
End 3rd

Another pick for Melville earlier in the quarter, but that's about the only thing going right for HC. Defensively, Colgate has smothered this game. The Crusaders have 81 yards on offense (8 rushing yards), and are 0-10 on 3rd down. It should be a greater margin, but our offense has sputtered too. That might chage as the Raiders are knocking on the door to start the 4th.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Lehigh 58 Fordham 23 7:23 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Game getting ragged...TD Fordham

58-30 7:03 4Q

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Lafayette ends a seven game losing streak, 17-3.

Georgetown well on course to an eight game losing streak. Its rushing offense put up 40 yards.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Fordham starters stat piling against the LU 3rd teamers. Game nowhere near as close as the final score.

Lehigh 58 Fordham 37

CHIP72
October 29th, 2016, 02:38 PM
The Fordham/Lehigh game ends with the same final score as probably my favorite Philadelphia Eagles game that I attended in person, an Eagles playoff win over the Detroit Lions in 1995. Like today's game, the final score was deceptively close; the Eagles led 51-7 midway through the 3rd quarter before calling off the dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crusader11
October 29th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Just end the season.

TheValleyRaider
October 29th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Holy Cross 8
Colgate 26
Final

All things considered, this is a fair score. Raiders turned the ball over 4 times, 3 times in the red zone. Another day struggling on 3rd down, going only 5-14. Some of that was some solid defense by the Crusaders, but it's hard not to feel like this should have been a bigger margin. Meanwhile, the defense played well. HC got 201 yards (56 on their two possessions), only 21 rushing yards, and went 1-15 on 3rd down (conversion came on their scoring drive). The Crusaders did get a score on with just 0:35 left to avoid the shutout.

Last road game, a trip to the Bronx to face Fordham, next

Go...gate
October 29th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Holy Cross 8
Colgate 26
Final

All things considered, this is a fair score. Raiders turned the ball over 4 times, 3 times in the red zone. Another day struggling on 3rd down, going only 5-14. Some of that was some solid defense by the Crusaders, but it's hard not to feel like this should have been a bigger margin. Meanwhile, the defense played well. HC got 201 yards (56 on their two possessions), only 21 rushing yards, and went 1-15 on 3rd down (conversion came on their scoring drive). The Crusaders did get a score on with just 0:35 left to avoid the shutout.

Last road game, a trip to the Bronx to face Fordham, next

I'll take it. A win is a win, and Holy Cross is always a tough one for Colgate.

The Boogie Down
October 29th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Just end the season.

Jets fan? :D

Bigs ups to Lehigh! Penalties, horrible tackling, a few drops and just a sloppy, completely undisciplined effort got us down 51-9 before all the late cosmetic points. But even a perfectly played game would not have changed the outcome. Fordham might have a couple of bigger weapons but Lehigh is just the better team. We'll see about post-season match ups later but from what I've seen, Lehigh can play with anyone from the CAA. Again, we'll see, but Villanova rematch would be pretty epic.

crusader11
October 29th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I agree, Lehigh is legitimately a good team. Can playing with just about anyone outside of the top five.

Doc QB
October 29th, 2016, 04:57 PM
yea, he qualifies. To begin, you don't use quarters of games but only full games. His team plays 11 games. 30% of 11 is 3.3 games - which is rounded up to 4 under NCAA rules. However it's really simpler than that, since the rule says you use either 30% OR 4 games, whichever is greater, to determine eligibility for a medical,hardship waiver. Doesn't even require any math. He qualifies no matter which criteria is used, assuming his injury is certified by the doctors as season-ending.

two things... One, HC would not hold him out if they didn't already know he had next year. Two, 137 is hardly an authority, as he claimed Nebrich from Fordham had another year in a long thread awhile back, which he did not.

crusader11
October 29th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Pujals is redshirting and returning next season, as has already been stated.

bison137
October 29th, 2016, 07:36 PM
two things... One, HC would not hold him out if they didn't already know he had next year. Two, 137 is hardly an authority, as he claimed Nebrich from Fordham had another year in a long thread awhile back, which he did not.

1. They obviously would hold him out if he is physically unable to play at this point.

2. I never posted ANY inaccurate info on Nebrich. You obviously didn't understand his situation.

3. I defy you to find any inaccurate,info I have ever posted relating to NCAA or PL regulations. If you check the rules relative to Pujals' situation, you will find what I said is completely accurate.

Doc QB
October 29th, 2016, 08:17 PM
1. They obviously would hold him out if he is physically unable to play at this point.

2. I never posted ANY inaccurate info on Nebrich. You obviously didn't understand his situation.

3. I defy you to find any inaccurate,info I have ever posted relating to NCAA or PL regulations. If you check the rules relative to Pujals' situation, you will find what I said is completely accurate.

4. Me thinks i may have been wrong on #2...touche, Bison137. Apology Beers at my tailgate in Bethlehem next week.