PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook at New Hampshire

KPSUL
October 23rd, 2016, 04:16 PM
Stony Brook 5-2 (4-0 CAA) @ New Hampshire 5-3 (4-1 CAA)
12:00 Noon, Sat Oct 29th

Pivotal match-up for both teams. Which Stony Brook Team will show up in Durham, the 42-14 winners vs Richmond, or the 10-38 losers vs Sacred Heart? For UNH will the team that played the 4th Quarter vs Dartmouth, or the one that played the JMU 4th Quarter be there?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 23rd, 2016, 05:06 PM
Go Cats.

Gangtackle11
October 23rd, 2016, 05:20 PM
Go Cats.

Thanks.

UNHWildcat18
October 23rd, 2016, 06:12 PM
At home, both have a good defense, both have a good running game, UNH has a better passing game, I'll take the UNH in a close one

Spider from the North
October 24th, 2016, 09:37 AM
At home, both have a good defense, both have a good running game, UNH has a better passing game, I'll take the UNH in a close one

This.

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Should be a slug it out low scoring game.

Mattymc727
October 24th, 2016, 10:17 AM
UNH shouldnt be a playoff team this year, but its games like these they win every year and find themselves at 8-3 or 7-4. My head says UNH will win this, but my gut says SBU.

KPSUL
October 24th, 2016, 10:28 AM
UNH shouldnt be a playoff team this year,.

Why? Did the New Hampshire State Legislature refuse to pay UNH's NCAA dues until they take down the video board?

Mattymc727
October 24th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Why? Did the New Hampshire State Legislature refuse to pay UNH's NCAA dues until they take down the video board?

Knowing this state, you may be right...

MJust my gut reaction to watching them play football this year. Perhaps this is conversation for the "watered down" thread. It just isnt a team that looks capable of playing in the playoffs compared to other years. We were blown out by the two teams that were better than us (When JMU didnt fall asleep at the end), and we lost @ Dartmouth... Sure, if UNH finishes 8-3 I guess they belong in, but "woof" at that playoff field...

KPSUL
October 24th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Certainly no where near the 2014 level; however, to this point, I think the team looks more playoff worthy than 2015. But let's see how they close this season out. Essentially I agree, if they pulled off 8-3, I want them in the playoffs, but 7-4, not so much. Looking at each of the last 3 games as all toss-ups, it appears unlikely we can pull off an 8-3 season. Although, that was certainly the case last season three games out with 4 losses and one remaining opponent being Richmond.

Mattymc727
October 24th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Certainly no where near the 2014 level; however, to this point, I think the team looks more playoff worthy than 2015. But let's see how they close this season out. Essentially I agree, if they pulled off 8-3, I want them in the playoffs, but 7-4, not so much. Looking at each of the last 3 games as all toss-ups, it appears unlikely we can pull off an 8-3 season. Although, that was certainly the case last season three games out with 4 losses and one remaining opponent being Richmond.

I think UNH has been improving as the season goes on, Dartmouth being the low point. The offense seems to be moving the ball much better, despite struggling to find the end zone as much. UNH is a young team, but the talent seems to be there. Earlier it seemed like a bridge year, and still may be, so going 8-3 in a bridge year will be good news for the next couple of years.

How many senior starters are there? 3 on defense and 3 on offense? Seems like only a handfull of upperclassmen that are playing right now...Those 2012 and 2013 classes were ugly...

KPSUL
October 24th, 2016, 02:10 PM
I think UNH has been improving as the season goes on, Dartmouth being the low point. The offense seems to be moving the ball much better, despite struggling to find the end zone as much. UNH is a young team, but the talent seems to be there. Earlier it seemed like a bridge year, and still may be, so going 8-3 in a bridge year will be good news for the next couple of years.

How many senior starters are there? 3 on defense and 3 on offense? Seems like only a handfull of upperclassmen that are playing right now...Those 2012 and 2013 classes were ugly...

I count 4 on D, DeAndrade (CB) Chollette (LB), Farrell (LB) and Shorey (DE). AND 5 on Offense: Crossan RB), Powell (TE), McNeely (C), Lauderdale (OL) and Nealer(OL). Some star quality in this group. Not many JRs however.

F'N Hawks
October 24th, 2016, 02:18 PM
They set the game total at 29.5 LMFAO. xlolx

KPSUL
October 24th, 2016, 03:13 PM

Stony Brook has allowed an average of 18 pts per game, UNH 21 pts. And those averages include giving up 30 points to an FBS opponent for both teams. I know it may be a strange concept for a Big Sky fan, but there is this thing called defense that some teams weave into their game plan. However, I think there will be more like 40, not 29 points scored in the game.

F'N Hawks
October 24th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Stony Brook has allowed an average of 18 pts per game, UNH 21 pts. And those averages include giving up 30 points to an FBS opponent for both teams. I know it may be a strange concept for a Big Sky fan, but there is this thing called defense that some teams weave into their game plan. However, I think there will be more like 40, not 29 points scored in the game.

Dude, whoa. I only brought it up because it's the lowest total I have ever seen for a college football game.

UNDBIZ
October 24th, 2016, 04:57 PM

There were only two offensive scorings in the 13-9 ND vs SB game. SB scored TDs on a fumble recovery (their own player fumbled forward into endzone) and a blocked punt (failed 2pt conversion). UND had 1 rushing TD and a safety. We know a little about defense.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
October 24th, 2016, 05:35 PM
It would be nice if New Hampshire would fumble 7 times like Delaware did this past week. When that happens we don't really even need our offense.

KPSUL
October 24th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Dude, whoa. I only brought it up because it's the lowest total I have ever seen for a college football game.

Whoa dude, express yourself more clearly and don't end your post with derogatory kiddie text speak and the adults will understand next time.

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Dunno if you've noticed from the poll thread but the CAA guys are kinda touchy right now xlolx

KPSUL
October 24th, 2016, 08:32 PM
There were only two offensive scorings in the 13-9 ND vs SB game. SB scored TDs on a fumble recovery (their own player fumbled forward into endzone) and a blocked punt (failed 2pt conversion). UND had 1 rushing TD and a safety. We know a little about defense.

Granted, North Dakota does. But 80+ point conference games and 40+ point one-sided wins seem fairly common in the Big Sky.

F'N Hawks
October 24th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Whoa dude, express yourself more clearly and don't end your post with derogatory kiddie text speak and the adults will understand next time.

Welp, that will end my time in the CAA world.

UNHWildcat18
October 24th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Dunno if you've noticed from the poll thread but the CAA guys are kinda touchy right now xlolx

Not that I would scroll through the pages but 5 in the top 25 sounds good to me, I'd imagine it's JMU and UR fans wanting to be higher. Glad you guys beat NDSU though!

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Not that I would scroll through the pages but 5 in the top 25 sounds good to me, I'd imagine it's JMU and UR fans wanting to be higher. Glad you guys beat NDSU though!

It's me. God forbid you don't bless the ground that 3-4 Northern Iowa walks on. I even got a dopey UR fan after me. It's a bye week so I have to keep the fire burning! xcoffeex

UNHWildcat18
October 25th, 2016, 12:50 AM
It's me. God forbid you don't bless the ground that 3-4 Northern Iowa walks on. I even got a dopey UR fan after me. It's a bye week so I have to keep the fire burning! xcoffeex

UNI could go 6-5 and people will still be arguing them over any 8-3/7-4 at large potential. Regardless of how good or bad those at large potentials are.

grizband
October 25th, 2016, 01:02 AM
I didn't noticed anyone arguing that UNI should be ranked in the top 25 right now, though...

MR. CHICKEN
October 25th, 2016, 07:32 AM
.....MVFC LADS.....NEED UH JUICE CLEANSE........CAA WILL SHOW 'EM...........WE ALWAYS DO...................BRAWK!

..........NORFF DAKOTAH STATE BIZONSSSS........PLEASE DISREGUARD......YER GOLDEN......DON'T NEED 636.....FARGO FREAKS.....UP MAH EGG-WHOLE.......AWK!

Terry2889
October 25th, 2016, 01:57 PM
As I said on another post, the winner of this game keeps their playoff hopes intact. Neither will represent well in the playoffs in my opinion. UNH and Stony Brook still struggle to score consistently on offense. I believe UMaine would be a very good representative for the CAA in the playoffs if they continue to play the way they have been since the JMU game.

KPSUL
October 25th, 2016, 09:34 PM
As I said on another post, the winner of this game keeps their playoff hopes intact. Neither will represent well in the playoffs in my opinion. UNH and Stony Brook still struggle to score consistently on offense. I believe UMaine would be a very good representative for the CAA in the playoffs if they continue to play the way they have been since the JMU game.

In a few weeks we'll have a good idea which of these 3 teams is playoff material. Each team is going to play the other two.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 25th, 2016, 09:56 PM
I'm just wondering if UNH will have anything left in the tank for Stony Brook, because they still yet have to play Lafayette on the same weekend.

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 26th, 2016, 06:58 AM

I am checking my heart to make sure I am not having the big onexpeacex Certainly appreciate a positive post from a UNH fan. This team has the potential to beat the upper teams and will have to wait till Nova, SB and of course finishing with u guys at home. First need to take care of business at W & M. Believe the coaching changes have made a difference and will allow us to not be outcoached by you guys this year. xdrunkyx, especially offensively.
Good luck to u guys this w/e.

KPSUL
October 28th, 2016, 03:10 PM
I think your only option to watch this game is the UNH YouTube stream. You can access it through either the UNH or Stony Brook football websites. You'll probably be stuck with the UNH "homer" announcers who are not known for their objectivity, but it is free so no complaining.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
October 29th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Wildcats 15 - Seawolves 7 at the half. Honestly, for the Seawolves, what's the purpose of even having wide receivers in this offense? I guess they make good decoys ...

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2016, 12:33 PM
I think your only option to watch this game is the UNH YouTube stream. You can access it through either the UNH or Stony Brook football websites. You'll probably be stuck with the UNH "homer" announcers who are not known for their objectivity, but it is free so no complaining.
Can you get to it on YouTube as well?

Nevermind, just went to the UNH website. No audio for some reason though.....

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 12:39 PM
New Hampshire picks off Stony Brook for the third time today...ball tipped by Stony Brook into the hands of UNH defender.

UNH takes over at the SB 18 yard line.

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Hey I have audio now. Stoney Brook is in trouble now.

- - - Updated - - -

TD UNH

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Ensuing play is an 18 yard TD pass.

New Hampshire extending their lead...now 22-7 with 13:35 left in the 3rd

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 12:42 PM
These two offenses should just start taking knees..... My god we're both terrible!

Vermont
October 29th, 2016, 12:45 PM
UNH Defense is quietly becoming pretty good.

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Turnovers are certainly the story in this game!

New Hampshire winning 22-7, with less than 100 yards of offense!!

- - - Updated - - -

Does New Hampshire actually call their stadium the dungeon?

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Stony Brook throws their 4th interception...second in the first 6 minutes of the third quarter

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2016, 12:51 PM
UNH might have more yards off of INTs than they have on offense. And Stoney Brook is worse at passing than Youngstown State. Which you almost have to try to be that bad at it.

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 12:53 PM
New Hampshire with a big completion!

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 12:54 PM
UNH might have more yards off of INTs than they have on offense. And Stoney Brook is worse at passing than Youngstown State. Which you almost have to try to be that bad at it.
New Hampshire Offense: 124 yards
New Hampshire Interceptions: 77 yards

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2016, 12:55 PM
You know how to tell a team is poor at passing? They call that last catch "amazing". It was a good catch, but good grief you would have thought it was a SportsCenter top ten catch xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

New Hampshire Offense: 124 yards
New Hampshire Interceptions: 77 yards
xlolx Thats impressive.

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 12:56 PM
You know how to tell a team is poor at passing? They call that last catch "amazing". It was a good catch, but good grief you would have thought it was a SportsCenter top ten catch xlolx
That long pass was a pretty good catch, dragging the foot to stay in bounds...but yeah,I agree with you!

- - - Updated - - -

New Hampshire scores on a 1 yard TD run

UNH 29
Stony Brook 7

6:26 left in the 3rd quarter

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2016, 12:57 PM
This one is over.

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Well gentlemen.... UNH is pretty much what we anticipated they would be this year. Young, talented, undisciplined, foolish, dynamic at times. Stony Brook is flat out terrible. I had suspicions watching them against Delaware last week. This game confirms my thoughts. How bad is North Dakota that they lost to these guys?

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Well gentlemen.... UNH is pretty much what we anticipated they would be this year. Young, talented, undisciplined, foolish, dynamic at times. Stony Brook is flat out terrible. I had suspicions watching them against Delaware last week. This game confirms my thoughts. How bad is North Dakota that they lost to these guys?
First time I've watched Stony Brook all season...but I think North Dakota is a much better team than they were in the first week. Do you believe Stony Brook has regressed?

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 01:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

xlolx Thats impressive.

That has to be some kind of record right? haha!

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Stony Brook finally shows some life on offense, with a 38 yard TD pass.

UNH 29
SB 14

3:21 left in the 3rd quarter

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 01:03 PM
I've seen them three times this year. I haven't been impressed any of those times. I think Maine is going to blast these two teams.

PantherRob82
October 29th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Really makes it hard when SBU beats UND, pounds Richmond, gets blown out by Sacred Heart and then doesn't do much since.

New Hampshire seems to be heading in a good direction. Should be in the playoffs. Would look like a done deal of they hadn't collapsed against Dartmouth.

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Stony Brook's kick coverage is awful

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Really makes it hard when SBU beats UND, pounds Richmond, gets blown out by Sacred Heart and then doesn't do much since.

New Hampshire seems to be heading in a good direction. Should be in the playoffs. Would look like a done deal of they hadn't collapsed against Dartmouth.

PantherRob!! We'll lose one of our last two I think. I just don't see this young team staying focused long enough to string together four in a row. Either way, even if we do win out we really don't have a quality win. Stony Brook isn't good, Albany isn't good, and Maine really hasn't beat anyone either.

Vermont
October 29th, 2016, 01:07 PM
36-14 NH after a 94 yard KO return leads to 6 yard TD pass

Vermont
October 29th, 2016, 01:09 PM
If NH QB figures it out, next year should be fun. Heck, this year is fun. Cats are one 1 pt collapse against Dartmouth and a 3pt loss to JMU from being 8-1.

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Updated Stats for UNH:

First Downs: 9
Total Offense: 131 yards
Total D/ST Yards: 238

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Updated Stats for UNH:

First Downs: 9
Total Offense: 131 yards
Total D/ST Yards: 238

HAH! Knew it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vermont
October 29th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Yeah. How about that 36 points on 131 total yards.

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Also, is it just me, or is the New Hampshire stadium empty today? Thought this game would be well attended, between two teams with a combined 1 conference loss to this point.

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2016, 01:13 PM
This game feels like the WIU/SDSU game where it got away from SBU early and they started to panic with play calling and it just got away from them.

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Also, is it just me, or is the New Hampshire stadium empty today? Thought this game would be well attended, between two teams with a combined 1 conference loss to this point.

Noon start is tough for the millenial student... Gotta sleep off that hangover xdrunkyx

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Noon start is tough for the millenial student... Gotta sleep off that hangover xdrunkyx
I didn't have to sleep off a hangover till I was 25. Kids these days smh

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Ok...that was a pretty nice throw!

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 01:27 PM

Seriously, when I played in the marching band, I showed up to 9:30 am warm ups hungover...

dewey
October 29th, 2016, 01:28 PM

No kidding. Get up and start drinking all over again.xdrunkyx

Dewey

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 01:30 PM
No kidding. Get up and start drinking all over again.xdrunkyx

Dewey

Kegs and Eggs! Back to this turd of a game, Trevor Knight has a lot to learn....

dwtime
October 29th, 2016, 01:32 PM
5 turnovers won't get you a win Stony Brook.

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Left the room for a second...how did UNH get the ball back after the fumble?

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 01:33 PM
5 turnovers won't get you a win Stony Brook.

It got them a win last week against Delaware... Except it was Delaware handing them the ball.

grizband
October 29th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Wow...this game

UNH scores again, now leading by 29 points

dwtime
October 29th, 2016, 01:36 PM
UNH taking Stony Brook out to the woodshed today, feels good as they did the same to us last year.

- - - Updated - - -

It got them a win last week against Delaware... Except it was Delaware handing them the ball.

Did Stony Brook have 5 turnovers last week? Jeez! xeyebrowx

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 01:46 PM
UNH taking Stony Brook out to the woodshed today, feels good as they did the same to us last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Did Stony Brook have 5 turnovers last week? Jeez! xeyebrowx
They forced 5. The only reason they scored 4 times. Delaware was just as good as them.... Which isn't good. It's bad.

semobison
October 29th, 2016, 01:46 PM

Richmond must be awful as well! Thoughts still confirmed?

dwtime
October 29th, 2016, 01:51 PM
It's a final 43-14 UNH

- - - Updated - - -

CAA isn't strong this season imo James Madison included.

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 01:53 PM

Every dog has its day (Or in this case Wolf : P). I distinctly remember a terrible WIU team almost knocking you guys off a couple of years back. In all seriousness I watched the Albany vs. Richmond game a couple of weeks ago and came away unimpressed. The CAA just isn't what it was five years ago. You can't tell me that the level of play on that field today represents the upper echelon of one of the best FCS conferences in the country.

dwtime
October 29th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Every dog has its day (Or in this case Wolf : P). I distinctly remember a terrible WIU team almost knocking you guys off a couple of years back. In all seriousness I watched the Albany vs. Richmond game a couple of weeks ago and came away unimpressed. The CAA just isn't what it was five years ago. You can't tell me that the level of play on that field today represents the upper echelon of one of the best FCS conferences in the country.

I agree but both teams are young lets see if they develop in the next two years.

DallasSpider
October 29th, 2016, 02:03 PM

To me, this really emphasizes the point that every team is different each year and takes a while to figure itself out. No team is the same in August as they are come November, it just becomes which direction are you trying to go. I think a teams last four games are much more representative then their first four and that goes for everyone.

semobison
October 29th, 2016, 02:05 PM

That's where you are confused. Everyone knows there are no terrible teams in the MVFC!...Seriously though, UND, even though I dont care for those sons a bitches, are doing something unusual in the BSC. Playing physical defense and running the football.

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 02:11 PM
That's where you are confused. Everyone knows there are no terrible teams in the MVFC!...Seriously though, UND, even though I dont care for those sons a bitches, are doing something unusual in the BSC. Playing physical defense and running the football.

Haha! Thank you for slapping me back to the reality of the greatness of the Leathernecks! BTW WIU and SFU have the best mascots in all of college football. Leathernecks and Lumberjacks! How often do you guys play UND? And when you do is it a major rivalry? Also, if UND were in the MVFC or the CAA would they have the same record? No shot on the Big Sky just curious. Haven't seen a lot of the Big Sky this year.

Terry2889
October 29th, 2016, 02:28 PM
I agree but both teams are young lets see if they develop in the next two years.

Totally agree. JMU, like us, is a flawed football team. I guess the last few weeks of the season will tell the tale. Here's the insanity that i see unfolding. We beat Albany after a bye week and then lose to Maine. UNH= 7-4 and 2 league losses. Stony Brook beat W& M, loses to Maine, beats Albany Stony Brook = 7-4 and finished with 2 losses in conference. On to Richmond. Richmond beat JMU, beats Delaware, and loses to a resurgent W & M. Richmond 9-2 with 2 losses in conference. JMU..... JMU beats URI, loses to Richmond, loses to Villanova, and beats Elon. JMU= 8-3 and 2 conference losses. 'Nova loses at Maine, beats JMU, beats UDel. 'Nova= 8-3 and 2 losses in conference. Maine.... Maine beats W&M, beats 'Nova, beats Stony Brook, and Beats UNH. Maine= 8-3 with 1 conference loss. This is a completely realistic scenario that would have 5 teams tied for 2nd the conference with absurd tie breakers coming in to play and Maine coming out of the CAA as the dark horse champion!!!!

DallasSpider
October 29th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Totally agree. JMU, like us, is a flawed football team. I guess the last few weeks of the season will tell the tale. Here's the insanity that i see unfolding. We beat Albany after a bye week and then lose to Maine. UNH= 7-4 and 2 league losses. Stony Brook beat W& M, Loses to Maine, beats Albany Stony Brook =7-4 and finished with 2 losses in conference. On to Richmond. Richmond beat JMU, beats Delaware, and loses to a resurgent W & M. Richmond 9-2 with 2 losses in conference. JMU..... JMU beats URI, loses to Richmond, loses to Villanova, and beats Elon. JMU= 8-3 and 2 conference losses. 'Nova loses at Maine, beats JMU, beats UDel. 'Nova= 8-3 and 2 losses in conference. Maine.... Maine beats W&M, beats 'Nova, loses to Stony Brook, and Beats UNH. Maine= 7-4 with 2 conference losses. This is a completely realistic scenario that would have 6 teams tied for the conference with absurd tie breakers coming in to play!!!!!

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!

Seawolf97
October 29th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Congratulations to UNH for a well played game . You took us to the woodshed for sure.

KPSUL
October 29th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Totally agree. JMU, like us, is a flawed football team. I guess the last few weeks of the season will tell the tale. Here's the insanity that i see unfolding. We beat Albany after a bye week and then lose to Maine. UNH= 7-4 and 2 league losses. Stony Brook beat W& M, loses to Maine, beats Albany Stony Brook = 7-4 and finished with 2 losses in conference. On to Richmond. Richmond beat JMU, beats Delaware, and loses to a resurgent W & M. Richmond 9-2 with 2 losses in conference. JMU..... JMU beats URI, loses to Richmond, loses to Villanova, and beats Elon. JMU= 8-3 and 2 conference losses. 'Nova loses at Maine, beats JMU, beats UDel. 'Nova= 8-3 and 2 losses in conference. Maine.... Maine beats W&M, beats 'Nova, beats Stony Brook, and Beats UNH. Maine= 8-3 with 1 conference loss. This is a completely realistic scenario that would have 5 teams tied for 2nd the conference with absurd tie breakers coming in to play and Maine coming out of the CAA as the dark horse champion!!!!

An interesting, but contrived, scenario. Don't hold your breath waiting for many of these highly unlikely events to occur.

KPSUL
October 29th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Congratulations to UNH for a well played game . You took us to the woodshed for sure. Look at it as an opportunity to blindside an upcoming opponent. It would have been a close low scoring game if not for the 4 interceptions.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
October 29th, 2016, 10:44 PM
That was a tough one to watch. Might have to win 3 straight to make it in now ... and get some defensive scores!

UNH72Plus
October 30th, 2016, 08:57 AM
If NH QB figures it out, next year should be fun. Heck, this year is fun. Cats are one 1 pt collapse against Dartmouth and a 3pt loss to JMU from being 8-1.

Thanks for noting that, since most of the UNH "fans" on here prefer to demean their own team than note the positives. Here's a few other positives, UNH's defense held the #1 FBS running back Donnel Pumphrey (averaging 223 yards per game) to 105 yards and the #6 FCS rusher Abdullah to 57 yards. Even the SBU fans on here were more complementary than our own fans. With respect to the lack of UNH offensive stats in the SBU game, when your D hands you the ball with great field position there's not a lot of yardage left to pick up. It's not like the O failed to take advantage of the D's great play. In addition, it was a lousy day - cold & raw (typical New England) with occasional showers. And lastly, the SBU D-backs played a great game. They closed quickly on the receivers and had a number of nice pass break-ups on Wildcat WRs.