PDA

View Full Version : NDSU @ UNI

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Houndawg
October 30th, 2016, 06:01 AM
So we now have a "The POD" and we also have a "POD Knows"?

Good lord.

Dewey

The PUD and PUD Nose

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2016, 06:05 AM
where the heck was UNI's QB.....Bailey? if he graduated already my apologies .....

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 30th, 2016, 06:46 AM
The PUD and PUD Nose

SIU giving up 31 points/game and 36 in the Valley. 2-6 overall and 0-5 in the Valley. Thoughts?

Will Coach Hill get the defense in order? Is he on the way so far? I haven't watched SIU much and the Bison do not play SIU for 2 years now. What do you see so far from Hill's team compared to Lennon's teams?

Hammerhead
October 30th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Maybe the worst team in 6 years. The other 5 teams were national champions and that 2010 team wasn't too bad either. This year's team is way ahead of the 2008 and 2009 Bison.

Yes the 2 interceptions were bad so what? UNI still has one of the best if not the best defense in the country. They need to keep improving but acting like this is the worst NDSU team in 10 years is laughable.

Professor Chaos
October 30th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Maybe the worst team in 6 years. The other 5 teams were national champions and that 2010 team wasn't too bad either. This year's team is way ahead of the 2008 and 2009 Bison.
Go look at the 2012 schedule and results... it appears that a lot of you have forgotten that the Bison championship teams of the past years didn't blow teams off the field either for the most part.

There's a lot of encouraging things coming from this UNI game as well. Other than the lapse in tackling at a few key moments I thought the defense, and D-line in particular, had a pretty darn good game yesterday. The defense is improving and the offense has the talent it needs to be championship caliber IMO. Like I said yesterday, this team is 7-1 against a murderer's row of a schedule and haven't even come close to firing on all cylinders yet. If they can figure it out over the next month or two (when it really matters)... watch out FCS...

POD Knows
October 30th, 2016, 09:46 AM
This right here. This team has some problems but like the good professor said NDSU is still 7-1 and in complete control of their own destiny.

Dewey

Yea, the win looks better today then it did through the irrational, blinding emotion of the game.

Schism55
October 30th, 2016, 11:57 AM
where the heck was UNI's QB.....Bailey? if he graduated already my apologies .....
He's a RB obviously lol. Got benched last week because he cannot hit the broad side of a barn with a pass.

milleniumkat
October 30th, 2016, 08:23 PM
UNI discovered the Bison kryptonite but kept going away from it by forcing the deep ball too many times.

Then despite that, still had the ball with a chance to win deep in Bison territory and once again (becoming a pattern)...the opposing team delivers the win to the Bison

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161031/132db81720b29cd0f35fc50df87aacaf.png

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

"I'll not be pawed at. I have not yet begun to defile myself"

dewey
October 30th, 2016, 11:50 PM
Here is the post game show from the Bison Media Blog.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bison-video-blog-uni-postgame-show/

Dewey

Bisonoline
October 30th, 2016, 11:59 PM
Yes the 2 interceptions were bad so what? UNI still has one of the best if not the best defense in the country. They need to keep improving but acting like this is the worst NDSU team in 10 years is laughable.

You just make this crap up while youve got your rag on? UNI # 1? Their # 15. NDSU is # 24.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/22

This team has some serious issues. If you cant see it it may be best that you just back away and not show your ignorance any further.

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2016, 06:06 AM
You just make this crap up while youve got your rag on? UNI # 1? Their # 15. NDSU is # 24.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/22

This team has some serious issues. If you cant see it it may be best that you just back away and not show your ignorance any further.
Define serious.

To me, this team's biggest issue offensively is a lack of consistency on 3rd down. 6 for 23 over the last two games is just not good enough. Stick also needs to be more consistently accurate. Beyond that the offense has what it takes to make a deep playoff run. The numbers back that up with a 5+ ypc average on the season and being 22nd in the nation in team pass efficiency. It's just not translating to the scoreboard because of the issues during the money down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2016, 06:12 AM
Define serious.

To me, this team's biggest issue offensively is a lack of consistency on 3rd down. 6 for 23 over the last two games is just not good enough. Stick also needs to be more consistently accurate. Beyond that the offense has what it takes to make a deep playoff run. The numbers back that up with a 5+ ypc average on the season and being 22nd in the nation in team pass efficiency. It's just not translating to the scoreboard because of the issues during the money down.

Those issues you are raised are true. ES needs to play better. His last 2 games have been not his best and he has said so.

This Youngstown game is going to be interesting. Their defense is really good and will definitely be out to stop the run. ES needs to play a lot better compared to the last 2 games in order for the Bison to win. YSU will load the box to make ES beat them.....I would. Until he proves he can move the chains, consistently with arm, teams should load up to stuff the run.

Houndawg
November 12th, 2016, 02:10 PM
SIU giving up 31 points/game and 36 in the Valley. 2-6 overall and 0-5 in the Valley. Thoughts?

Will Coach Hill get the defense in order? Is he on the way so far? I haven't watched SIU much and the Bison do not play SIU for 2 years now. What do you see so far from Hill's team compared to Lennon's teams?

The defense is much better although you can't tell by the stats; we've had as many as six freshmen on the field at once due to some injuries. Comparing Hill and Lennon's recruits, I would say that in general Hills recruits seem more athletic, more like the guys Kill recruited. Lennon's recruits always struck me as slow-footed compared to them. Of course Hill was in charge of recruiting at the end of the Lennon era. sorry I missed this earlier, I wasn't ducking you.