PDA

View Full Version : JMU vs. UR

Pages : [1] 2

Stonewall D
October 22nd, 2016, 05:33 PM
This is the official looking ahead to the JMU game thread. JMU, do you hear our footsteps behind you? The Spiders are coming for you. You better be ready,

RootinFerDukes
October 22nd, 2016, 06:12 PM
Goodness gracious. We still have Rhode Island to take care of first. I hope we're pissed about letting UNH score 27 unanswered last week and take it out on URI. This is a game to run the score up if they let us. We need one of those games.

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 06:15 PM
On ESPN3?

RootinFerDukes
October 22nd, 2016, 06:16 PM
On ESPN3?

Probably on Comcast Sportsnet Midatlantic and other NBC regional channels. If you don't get them, it's probably UR's school feed otherwise.

The CAA has a deal with NBCSN (although no games on NBCSN this year...). They have put our FB and BB media days on ESPN3 though, so hopefully they're working on an ESPN3 deal moving forward.

seattlespider
October 22nd, 2016, 06:18 PM
Probably on Comcast Sportsnet Midatlantic and other NBC regional channels. If you don't get them, it's probably UR's school feed otherwise.

The CAA has a deal with NBCSN (although no games on NBCSN this year...). They have put our FB and BB media days on ESPN3 though, so hopefully they're working on an ESPN3 deal moving forward.

This unfortunately it looks like. Can't believe that NBCSN didn't nab this game.

Catsfan90
October 22nd, 2016, 06:23 PM

CSN is such a pain to get. Even when I had Comcast they charged an extra $10 a month for it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Stonewall D
October 22nd, 2016, 06:23 PM
Richmond will be prepared for JMU. Coach Rocco will have had 2 weeks to prepare for this game. He will have the team ready to play. The winner of this game will have the inside track to be the conference champions and to be a top 4 seed in the playoffs.

RootinFerDukes
October 22nd, 2016, 06:31 PM
CSN is such a pain to get. Even when I had Comcast they charged an extra $10 a month for it.

Well here in VA, CSN-MA and CSN-MA+ are part of the channel lineup with Comcast beginning with the mid-level cable package. The third one out of five. I would assume most cable subscribers start at that level at minimum. The two lower packages are economy and very dumbed down (no ESPN for example).

Catsfan90
October 22nd, 2016, 06:49 PM
Well here in VA, CSN-MA and CSN-MA+ are part of the channel lineup with Comcast beginning with the mid-level cable package. The third one out of five. I would assume most cable subscribers start at that level at minimum. The two lower packages are economy and very dumbed down (no ESPN for example).
I'm jealous then. IMO it should come standard. I always had to get the mid level package, then spend extra.

Apparently sling is adding it. I won't hold my breath though.

Matt
October 22nd, 2016, 08:35 PM
Richmond will be prepared for JMU. Coach Rocco will have had 2 weeks to prepare for this game. He will have the team ready to play. The winner of this game will have the inside track to be the conference champions and to be a top 4 seed in the playoffs.

We will definitely be prepared. I think both JMU and UR fans will admit that jmu is the favorite. Aside from UNC they have smoked everyone, and they are out for blood after last year. Additionally, we are super banged up and we win way more often in Harrisonburg. JMU 34-24.

That said, **** JMU. Go Spiders.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 22nd, 2016, 10:03 PM
Lots of time for X's and O's but I have no reason to believe we are an underdog in this game. Styles make games. We are going to beat the hell out of the JMU front 7 just like we did last year.

Stonewall D
October 22nd, 2016, 11:10 PM
UR will be ready for JMU.

Stonewall D
October 23rd, 2016, 06:33 AM
JMU, you better be ready, because the Spiders are coming after you. We are out for blood.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 23rd, 2016, 07:00 AM
Question for JMU fans. is Trott still employing a bend but don't break philosophy?

jmu007
October 23rd, 2016, 07:04 AM
Negative, he actually has been blitzing a good bit the past few weeks. I've been impressed with the improvement on defense this year so far.

KPSUL
October 23rd, 2016, 08:34 AM
We will definitely be prepared. I think both JMU and UR fans will admit that jmu is the favorite. Aside from UNC they have smoked everyone, and they are out for blood after last year. Additionally, we are super banged up and we win way more often in Harrisonburg. JMU 34-24.

That said, **** JMU. Go Spiders.

Total yards UNH 569 - JMU 437; First Downs UNH 34 - JMU 21, Time of Poss. UNH 35 mins - JMU 25 mins. I was at the game and I didn't feel "smoked" when it was over. JMU has an effective scoring offense, but they are far from unbeatable. If you're predicting a 10 point loss in your stadium, that stop pretending that you have a top 10, or even top 15 team.

MR. CHICKEN
October 23rd, 2016, 08:42 AM
Total yards UNH 569 - JMU 437; First Downs UNH 34 - JMU 21, Time of Poss. UNH 35 mins - JMU 25 mins. I was at the game and I didn't feel "smoked" when it was over. JMU has an effective scoring offense, but they are far from unbeatable. If you're predicting a 10 point loss in your stadium, that stop pretending that you have a top 10, or even top 15 team.

........SCORE LAD.....IS DUH ULTIMATE STAT........DUKIE LOGS.....TOOK DUH FOOT OFFAH YA'S THROAT.......GAME WAS NOT CLOSE.......AS HEADLINES APPEAR..........AWK!

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 23rd, 2016, 08:50 AM

Thank you and agreed. The pussy ass mentality of some of our supporters is dizzying.

RootinFerDukes
October 23rd, 2016, 10:01 AM
........SCORE LAD.....IS DUH ULTIMATE STAT........DUKIE LOGS.....TOOK DUH FOOT OFFAH YA'S THROAT.......GAME WAS NOT CLOSE.......AS HEADLINES APPEAR..........AWK!

Five offensive snaps for the dukes in the final ten minutes. A lot of onside kicks and generous officiating helped in that unh run. They'll never admit that though.
I know though, it was our fault for taking our foot off the gas. BRAWK!

KPSUL
October 23rd, 2016, 10:03 AM

You missed the point of my quote Mr Chicken. But JMU didn't take duh foot oofah UNH's throat, we yanked it off and nearly twisted it off. You need to get your head back in the game. I know it must be unsettling to see your hens suffer an even worse loss after your nemesis was finally fired.

KPSUL
October 23rd, 2016, 10:05 AM
Five offensive snaps for the dukes in the final ten minutes.

Exactly!

MR. CHICKEN
October 23rd, 2016, 10:30 AM
You missed the point of my quote Mr Chicken. But JMU didn't take duh foot oofah UNH's throat, we yanked it off and nearly twisted it off. You need to get your head back in the game. I know it must be unsettling to see your hens suffer an even worse loss after your nemesis was finally fired.

......xnodxxbawlingxxembarrassedxxbawlingx........ ............AWK!

KPSUL
October 23rd, 2016, 10:38 AM
......xnodxxbawlingxxembarrassedxxbawlingx........ ............AWK!

Ahh shucks! Now I feel really bad!

Matt
October 23rd, 2016, 11:11 AM
Thank you and agreed. The pussy ass mentality of some of our supporters is dizzying.

Most of that offense was in the last 10 minutes. Reminiscent of JMU-UR from 2012. We kicked ass all game but only won by 6 because of a bunch of late scores by the Dukes. The stats don't tell the story in either game. You can call me a pussy but I'm not wrong. Don't get your red sweater vest all ruffled.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 23rd, 2016, 11:17 AM
I have no idea what games you are talking about. We are higher than JMU in Massey and Sagarin. WE have a better quarterback than they do. We have a better defense than they do. They have Trott and we don't. Hike up your skirt, Matthew.

Stonewall D
October 23rd, 2016, 11:38 AM
This game will be a blood sport for UR. UR will show no mercy. We are going to take JMU apart.

jamesmadison
October 23rd, 2016, 12:58 PM
Lots of time for X's and O's but I have no reason to believe we are an underdog in this game. Styles make games. We are going to beat the hell out of the JMU front 7 just like we did last year.

You beat the hell out of our offensive line? I don't think so.

Matt
October 23rd, 2016, 01:10 PM
I have no idea what games you are talking about. We are higher than JMU in Massey and Sagarin. WE have a better quarterback than they do. We have a better defense than they do. They have Trott and we don't. Hike up your skirt, Matthew.

How many points do we get spotted for those rankings?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 23rd, 2016, 02:36 PM

Not sure what planet you're living on where a Front 7 is a reference to an offensive line, but bring a postcard to the game. Sounds pretty.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 23rd, 2016, 02:37 PM
How many points do we get spotted for those rankings?

How many points do they get spotted for games that happened several years ago?

UNHWildcat18
October 23rd, 2016, 04:36 PM
Do you think UR and JMU can match up vs SDSU NDSU SHSU JSU CSU though?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 23rd, 2016, 05:02 PM
^^Well, I still believe NDSU is probably on another level. I dont see any reason to not think JMU and UR are right there with the rest.

DirtyDukes
October 23rd, 2016, 05:09 PM
JMU by 40, this'll be a snoozer

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 23rd, 2016, 05:10 PM

Good to see Matt is already breaking out his ALT. Gonna be a long fortnight.

DirtyDukes
October 23rd, 2016, 05:40 PM

LOL I dunno who Matt is but I'm a real living breathing man who was there the last time you guys said all this - and we destroyed you. Also there will be even MORE JMU fans there this year than two years ago.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 23rd, 2016, 05:55 PM
Damn. That will be amazing, Matt.

spdram
October 23rd, 2016, 06:04 PM

I'll take that bet.

Stonewall D
October 23rd, 2016, 06:51 PM
All I can say is that UR will dismantle you, limb by limb. We are going to take you apart. It will be a blood letting.

Matt
October 23rd, 2016, 06:56 PM

Lol. Ouch

Stonewall D
October 23rd, 2016, 06:56 PM
Did JMU play a D2 school this year?

SpiderJPO
October 23rd, 2016, 08:31 PM
I see the first of many references to come about number of fans that will invade Robins Stadium has been made by a JMU supporte. First off you will have 1000 seats and your nice little contingent will be split up to wave across several section to each other. Will make it less fun for me then last year when your fans had a day long celebration to only get humbled when the game started. Enjoyed your shuttle bus ride after game across campus when it was so quiet I thought I was in a prayer meeting,

DallasSpider
October 23rd, 2016, 08:40 PM
Im starting to think Stonewall D is a vampire. Over/under on times he mentions blood by the final whistle next saturday is starting at 28

DallasSpider
October 23rd, 2016, 08:46 PM

Assuming you got his point right, you're still wrong. We beat the hell out of your offensive line last year. 68 total yards by your running backs and our front 7 has been playing even better this year.

KPSUL
October 23rd, 2016, 09:46 PM
LOL I dunno who Matt is but I'm a real living breathing man who was there the last time you guys said all this - and we destroyed you. Also there will be even MORE JMU fans there this year than two years ago.

Two years ago? You mean the year you beat Richmond and made the playoffs, and then outbid Liberty for the home field (probably took a King's ransom to top Liberty's) and then lost the game anyway? That year?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 24th, 2016, 01:35 AM
Two years ago? You mean the year you beat Richmond and made the playoffs, and then outbid Liberty for the home field (probably took a King's ransom to top Liberty's) and then lost the game anyway? That year?

Hah. Yes. 'Twas a milestone season, indeed.

Stonewall D
October 24th, 2016, 06:08 AM
Then there was the Brian Schor led team that lost to Colgate in the second round of the playoffs last year. And after a first round bye. That was a teachable moment.

Stonewall D
October 24th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Do you think JMU learned to not overlook an over matched opponent coming off a bye.

jmu007
October 24th, 2016, 07:12 AM
You people do realize that just about the entire coaching staff has turned over this year right?

Coach Houston has the right approach. All focus and comments have been entirely on Rhode Island since last Saturday. And on top of that, Dukes are 2-0 vs opponents coming off a bye week this season. Not too worried about overlooking anyone these days.

Hanca
October 24th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Believe this has potential to be a great game. UR gets well-needed weeks to heal. Coaching staff has done remarkable job of getting "next man or men up" for injuries which have been staggering for Spiders. Game will turn, I believe, on turnovers and/or special teams. Think it will be close but, if a blow-out, probably JMU. Think UR wins a close one if get healed but this series has history of visitor doing well.

DirtyDukes
October 24th, 2016, 08:52 AM

Hah. Yes. 'Twas a milestone season, indeed.

I didn't say it was a great year for JMU, just that we blew out the SPATTERS, in their house, and had more fans than them and those that were there were louder. Every "WE ARE UR" chant became "GO DUKES". It was pathetic. I work with a former player and he confirms that it was embarrassing for them. He says SPATTER FANS are the worst.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 24th, 2016, 09:12 AM
You people do realize that just about the entire coaching staff has turned over this year right?

Coach Houston has the right approach. All focus and comments have been entirely on Rhode Island since last Saturday. And on top of that, Dukes are 2-0 vs opponents coming off a bye week this season. Not too worried about overlooking anyone these days.

Noted. Houston is definitely a very good coach, as evidenced by what he *did* and *left* at The Citadel. Forgive us if we pepper you a bit about your new defensive coordinator.

In the game two years ago that DD brings up, easy to forget our horrendously employed defensive strategy of allowing Vad Lee to pass all over us. I know I don't need to remind you who drafted up that defensive strategy.

We are ready for a lot of soft cushion on the outside.

Matt
October 24th, 2016, 09:44 AM
I didn't say it was a great year for JMU, just that we blew out the SPATTERS, in their house, and had more fans than them and those that were there were louder. Every "WE ARE UR" chant became "GO DUKES". It was pathetic. I work with a former player and he confirms that it was embarrassing for them. He says SPATTER FANS are the worst.

Im friends with a guy that played for Richmond and he says the same. Our fans are absurd. I watched a fan yell at a kid for standing in front of him and blocking his view during the Villanova game. 65ish year old guy yelling at a 12 year old for standing during a football game. I was born and raised a Spider, but if I wasn't I'd hate our fans too.

Hanca
October 24th, 2016, 09:50 AM
UR fans are, at times, baffling.

Spider from the North
October 24th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Im friends with a guy that played for Richmond and he says the same. Our fans are absurd. I watched a fan yell at a kid for standing in front of him and blocking his view during the Villanova game. 65ish year old guy yelling at a 12 year old for standing during a football game. I was born and raised a Spider, but if I wasn't I'd hate our fans too.

Was the 12-year-old wearing a Villanova jersey?

Matt
October 24th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Was the 12-year-old wearing a Villanova jersey?

no

DirtyDukes
October 24th, 2016, 09:53 AM
I will say I love Sachmo more than anything and the day his JMU/UR preview comes out is almost like Christmas morning... HELLO SPATTER FANS

Spider from the North
October 24th, 2016, 09:55 AM
no

I was being sarcastic. In the future, I'll use the emojis if I respond to other of your posts.

ElCid
October 24th, 2016, 09:55 AM

I keep meaning to ask one of you JMU bubbas....how do you like Houston? He was pretty darn good for us. If there was one thing about him I don't like, it is that he left too soon. But we are still ok without him.:D

Matt
October 24th, 2016, 09:57 AM
I will say I love Sachmo more than anything and the day his JMU/UR preview comes out is almost like Christmas morning... HELLO SPATTER FANS

I sit in his row. He's great. Sadly, the guy I saw yelling at the kid was his friend and comes to every game with him. He's a jerk

DirtyDukes
October 24th, 2016, 10:00 AM
I keep meaning to ask one of you JMU bubbas....how do you like Houston? He was pretty darn good for us. If there was one thing about him I don't like, it is that he left too soon. But we are still ok without him.:D

Glad to see you guys are doing well - I grew up going to Citadel games with my Grandad who was an alum - spent all my halftimes in the Officer's Club with free soda and popcorn, can't beat it. Was so excited for you all beating the Cocks last year - unfortunately my Gdad didn't last long enough to see it, he passed 3 years ago, but my whole family texted and said how he was cheering from the grave.
Love Coach Houston and think he's the real deal. We need our D to step up a little more but good Lord our offense is nasty. Hope to see you guys in Harrisonburg in the playoffs, (or even a trip to Charleston wouldn't be too bad!).

I sit in his row. He's great. Sadly, the guy I saw yelling at the kid was his friend and comes to every game with him. He's a jerk

Yeah, I can see that. The rest of the SPATTER GANG seem like uptight dickholes.

ElCid
October 24th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Glad to see you guys are doing well - I grew up going to Citadel games with my Grandad who was an alum - spent all my halftimes in the Officer's Club with free soda and popcorn, can't beat it. Was so excited for you all beating the Cocks last year - unfortunately my Gdad didn't last long enough to see it, he passed 3 years ago, but my whole family texted and said how he was cheering from the grave.
Love Coach Houston and think he's the real deal. We need our D to step up a little more but good Lord our offense is nasty. Hope to see you guys in Harrisonburg in the playoffs, (or even a trip to Charleston wouldn't be too bad!).

If we happen to have to go up there to play, I will be there since my Dad lives near Waynesboro. I think your D will improve with Houston at the helm. But it takes time.

flyrod
October 24th, 2016, 10:20 AM

I can only speak for myself and think he's (Houston) a great add to our program and seems to have added a good staff around him. Albeit his first year I'm sure theres room to grow.
One of my coworkers neighbor is on the Team and she says that the players can really relate to him.
I can also speak for My Daughter who is a cheerleader for JMU and has interacted with him a number of times on and off the field. She thinks he's a great guy and has a great sense of family values. She said hes a directc 180 from the previous coach. She has worked with him a few times thru FCA (fellowship of christian athletes)

and you all are doing great this year without him, I'm sure he built a great staff around him (traits of a good leader) which from what I saw didn't change too much since your HC came from within.

jmu007
October 24th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Noted. Houston is definitely a very good coach, as evidenced by what he *did* and *left* at The Citadel. Forgive us if we pepper you a bit about your new defensive coordinator.

In the game two years ago that DD brings up, easy to forget our horrendously employed defensive strategy of allowing Vad Lee to pass all over us. I know I don't need to remind you who drafted up that defensive strategy.

We are ready for a lot of soft cushion on the outside.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the amount of defensive snaps where JMU is actually playing up on receivers this year. The 8 yard cushion was a staple of both Mickey and Everett too. Maybe this is direction coming from Houston, but Trott has definitely been a little more aggressive with the calls this year in my opinion. Not to say we don't play the off man from time to time, but it's definitely not every down like in years past here.

Matt
October 24th, 2016, 10:59 AM
I was being sarcastic. In the future, I'll use the emojis if I respond to other of your posts.

haha i know you were. i felt it needed to be clarified because that is something some of our fans would absolutely do.

RootinFerDukes
October 24th, 2016, 01:01 PM

No one has a single complaint so far. If I had to pick something, it's that when asked about our inability to finish most games strong defensively, he says something to the effect of "well at least we were up that much and had a cushion". No, you can't look at it that way. Keep your foot on the gas.

DallasSpider
October 24th, 2016, 02:53 PM
No one has a single complaint so far. If I had to pick something, it's that when asked about our inability to finish most games strong defensively, he says something to the effect of "well at least we were up that much and had a cushion". No, you can't look at it that way. Keep your foot on the gas.

Bob Trott staple, see our albany and ISUr games. No need for either team to come close in the second half, but both made our hearts palpitate a little too much by the end of the game.

DirtyDukes
October 24th, 2016, 03:17 PM
My only complaint with Coach Houston is he says Deyukes instead of Dooks

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 24th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Do the 2 running backs, Johnson and Abdullah, play on the field together? Or is it one or the other?

SkinsWizDukes
October 24th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Do the 2 running backs, Johnson and Abdullah, play on the field together? Or is it one or the other?

At times they're on the field together but it's usually just one of them

MacThor
October 24th, 2016, 08:38 PM

You ​watched?

TribeNomad1
October 24th, 2016, 08:46 PM
You ​watched?

We have fans who also yell when people stand. In the season opener abortion of a game a verbal shouting match erupted in my section. There was cursing and an extended middle finger. Quite the spectacle in staid Zable Stadium.

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Big JMU fan this week. Let's go Dukes!! xnodx

DirtyDukes
October 24th, 2016, 10:50 PM
https://storage.googleapis.com/imgfave/image_cache/1335849671580632_animate.gif

Matt
October 24th, 2016, 11:32 PM

will you be rooting for us next week?

32counter
October 25th, 2016, 12:10 AM
will you be rooting for us next week?

Work the logic,Matt.Nova roots for JMU against us.We go to 2 CAA losses.Nova then knocks off JMU.Nova then has tie breaker over JMU-each with 1 CAA loss.Stony has to lose to help Nova scenario,preferably twice.Stony has @UNH,WM,Maine,@Albany remaining.Then Nova gets CAA auto bid.Magic.Loyalty is fleeting when it involves FCS playoffs.Simple logic.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 25th, 2016, 05:11 AM
I'm really not sure how we will overcome a Nova fan on a message board rooting against us but we've been up against some pretty insurmountable odds in the past.

Gangtackle11
October 25th, 2016, 06:24 AM
Hmmmm....We are 4-1 in conference play with a loss to Richmond. JMU is 4-0 in conference play & Richmond is 4-1 with win over Nova. JMU plays Villanova in 3 weeks.

So.......I want JMU to win to make Richmond 4-2 and if Nova can beat JMU it will be JMU & Nova with 1 loss. I'm also rooting for UNH to give SB a loss this weekend. If it played out this way then it's possible that Nova, JMU, SB, & UNH could be tied for the conference title with a 7-1 record. Richmond would be 6-2 and our loss wouldn't factor in to a tiebreaker scenario. I don't know who wins a possible 4-way tie, but I know I need JMU & UNH to win this week.

Lots of football to be played, but to keep a possible CAA AQ playoff bye alive I root for JMU & UNH this week.

I can't believe some of you guys can't figure out why I would root for JMU here. Pay attention to the CAA and not just your team. At least 32counter gets it.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 25th, 2016, 06:54 AM
Gangtackle11 - go back and read a bit more closely. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment given that THIS week JMU plays Rhode Island (NEXT week is @UR). The Spider fans are just bored on their bye week.

As you said, "Pay attention to the CAA and not just your team." xthumbsupx

Gangtackle11
October 25th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Gangtackle11 - go back and read a bit more closely. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment given that THIS week JMU plays Rhode Island (NEXT week is @UR). The Spider fans are just bored on their bye week.

aah...I stand corrected....I'm one of the few on this site that can do that. I guess those UNI comments wore me down. xdrunkyx

Gangtackle11
October 25th, 2016, 07:55 AM

Actually I'm all over the Rhody boys this week! Let's go Rams!

DirtyDukes
October 25th, 2016, 08:25 AM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/112010/1290165886_rsd4rn.gif

Matt
October 25th, 2016, 08:49 AM

thank you

KPSUL
October 25th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Hmmmm....We are 4-1 in conference play with a loss to Richmond. JMU is 4-0 in conference play & Richmond is 4-1 with win over Nova. JMU plays Villanova in 3 weeks.

So.......I want JMU to win to make Richmond 4-2 and if Nova can beat JMU it will be JMU & Nova with 1 loss. I'm also rooting for UNH to give SB a loss this weekend. If it played out this way then it's possible that Nova, JMU, SB, & UNH could be tied for the conference title with a 7-1 record. Richmond would be 6-2 and our loss wouldn't factor in to a tiebreaker scenario. I don't know who wins a possible 4-way tie, but I know I need JMU & UNH to win this week.

Lots of football to be played, but to keep a possible CAA AQ playoff bye alive I root for JMU & UNH this week.

I can't believe some of you guys can't figure out why I would root for JMU here. Pay attention to the CAA and not just your team. At least 32counter gets it.

Too many conditions in that algorithm, and too many variables not included for me to bother figuring out what and why you're thinking. I just thought you hated Richmond. Things never playout the way you predict this far from the end of the regular season. The one thing true for all the teams you mention is that winning the rest of their games is the sure way to make the playoffs and for JMU, NOVA and Richmond, end up with a seed.

YoUDeeMan
October 26th, 2016, 10:11 AM

xeyebrowx

JMU has a front 7?

Sure doesn't seem like it.

YoUDeeMan
October 26th, 2016, 10:14 AM
You missed the point of my quote Mr Chicken. But JMU didn't take duh foot oofah UNH's throat, we yanked it off and nearly twisted it off.

You're delusional.

YoUDeeMan
October 26th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Did JMU play a D2 school this year?

Yes...Delaware.

Just a simple matter of getting the proper paperwork turned in. xthumbsupx

DirtyDukes
October 26th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Do you guys think Rocco will get fired after he loses at home again to JMU, this time by 70?

Matt
October 26th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Do you guys think Rocco will get fired after he loses at home again to JMU, this time by 70?

yes. "A coach should never lose by 70." I've always said that.

jmu007
October 26th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Yes...Delaware.

Just a simple matter of getting the proper paperwork turned in. xthumbsupx

lol

KPSUL
October 26th, 2016, 05:04 PM
lol

Don't humor him.

MR. CHICKEN
October 26th, 2016, 07:23 PM
....NO...IT WAS UH GOOD ONE.......AH'M SENDIN' CANDY...UH..ER...UMMM......REPPIES.......BRAWK!

DirtyDukes
October 27th, 2016, 09:16 AM
yes. "A coach should never lose by 70." I've always said that.

I like you, Matt. I'm proud that people that I'm your alt.

Matt
October 27th, 2016, 10:39 AM
I like you, Matt. I'm proud that people that I'm your alt.

haha. see, guy who is definitely not me, some of us Spiders are alright. I married a duke, so I can't be that bad, right?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 28th, 2016, 05:50 AM
So you married for looks, she married for money. Win-win. Well done! xpeacex

Matt
October 28th, 2016, 08:50 AM
🔥🔥🔥🔥

Stonewall D
October 29th, 2016, 11:28 PM
Now that JMU dispatched Rhode Island, a 77 point squeaker, JMU faces a much harder test next weekend at Richmond,

Madisonian
October 30th, 2016, 08:22 AM
That's exactly how you predicted that game would go down in the books.

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Wake me up when JMU is playing Sammy and make sure Cluck has a seat.....

ngineer
October 30th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Now that JMU dispatched Rhode Island, a 77 point squeaker, JMU faces a much harder test next weekend at Richmond,

I imagine this game will be on the 'web'?xsmiley_wix

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 30th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Did JMU get out of the Rhody whomping with a clean bill of health?

RootinFerDukes
October 30th, 2016, 03:07 PM
As far as I know of there's no substantial injuries. We kept Schor in the game until the beginning of URI's drive with 5:06 left in the 3rd quarter and the score being 70-7. It pissed me and others around me off last night to see them keep Schor in the game that long. Houston has shown he doesn't like to pull the starters.

Our supposed back-up QB Connor Mitch suffered a non-football related hand injury within the last two weeks. He supposedly broke one of his hands while trying to move a washer. He also saw very limited time this season and looked pretty unimpressive in that limited time. The back up we brought in yesterday was Hunter Etheridge.

Stonewall D
October 30th, 2016, 07:08 PM
JMU, those sounds you hear are our line backers coming for you.

UNHWildcat18
October 30th, 2016, 07:18 PM
I actually want JMU to win this, Simply because if they do it gives them a better shot at getting a top 4 seed, undefeated in FCS and 1 FBS loss to a P5 team

Schism55
October 30th, 2016, 07:28 PM
I actually want JMU to win this, Simply because if they do it gives them a better shot at getting a top 4 seed, undefeated in FCS and 1 FBS loss to a P5 team
Fair point, but they need a ton of help for that to happen.

KPSUL
October 30th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Fair point, but they need a ton of help for that to happen.

If NDSU and EWU were to win out, I don't think JMU would overtake either in the polls. However, JSU, has a cake walk ahead of them and the only team that SHSU plays this season that will end up in, or anywhere near, the top 25 is Central Arkansas. If JMU wins out, including games with Villanova and Richmond, they deserve to be ranked at least 3rd, ahead of JSU and SHSU.

DirtyDukes
October 31st, 2016, 10:11 AM
If JMU wins out, including games with Villanova and Richmond, they deserve to be ranked at least 3rd, ahead of JSU and SHSU.

I agree it should - do you think it'll actually happen though?

Matt
October 31st, 2016, 11:14 AM
If richmond wins (and wins out) are we not a top-3 seed? Couldn't be lower than 4, right?

Lehigh'98
October 31st, 2016, 11:29 AM
If richmond wins (and wins out) are we not a top-3 seed? Couldn't be lower than 4, right?

NDSU, EWU, SHSU, The Citadel, JSU could all end up seeded higher imo assuming they were to win out.

DirtyDukes
October 31st, 2016, 11:54 AM

The only reason I would say no is that one conference loss. I don't think we leapfrog anyone if we beat UR but lose to Nova or vice versa. Our only chance to leapfrog anyone is to go undefeated in the CAA.

Matt
October 31st, 2016, 11:55 AM
NDSU, EWU, SHSU, The Citadel, JSU could all end up seeded higher imo assuming they were to win out.

yeah you might be right. My thinking is: we are already ranked ahead of Citadel in the most recent FCS rankings (for whatever that's worth), a win over JMU would be the biggest victory out of what any of teams you listed have left, and the committee often slightly over-seeds CAA teams.

KPSUL
October 31st, 2016, 02:59 PM

I hate to say this, but I think the score differential will make a bigger difference if Richmond wins, but not so much for JMU. To get to the top 3 or 4, I think Richmond needs to make a statement that will totally counteract the 28 point loss to Stony Brook.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 31st, 2016, 03:05 PM
I'll be more than OK with beating JMU by 1. I'll worry about how the committee evaluates a game that happened a month and a half ago after the regular season is put to rest.

On the flipside, if JMU wins this game and wins the rest, there is no reason that they wouldn't be jockeying for the Top Overall Seed in the bracket. The only thing working against them is their preseason rating that made it harder to climb the polls.

KPSUL
October 31st, 2016, 03:08 PM
I'll be more than OK with beating JMU by 1. I'll worry about how the committee evaluates a game that happened a month and a half ago after the regular season is put to rest.

And that's the correct way to approach this game! Juss say'n in response to your fellow Spider AGS poster's question about 3 and 4 rankings.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 31st, 2016, 03:13 PM
And that's the correct way to approach this game! Juss say'n in response to your fellow Spider AGS poster's question about 3 and 4 rankings.

Noted.

RootinFerDukes
October 31st, 2016, 04:01 PM
I think a high scoring back and forth affair is more likely to favor UR. Last year is a perfect example.

I think a lower scoring, more defensive game is more likely to favor JMU. Our defensive stats have slightly improved compared to last season and I believe they are at least a bit better as a unit. I don't see UR blowing us out.

jmufan999
October 31st, 2016, 07:19 PM
I don't see UR blowing us out.

i was curious when the last blowout against JMU was. it was 2002, our last losing season. you also mentioned our defense improving. i read that our 3rd down defensive conversion percentage has jumped from 45% in 2015 (roughly last in FCS) to 35% this year (35th). that's a significant jump. we're not perfect, and we're going to give up some big plays (including some to Richmond), but we've unquestionably improved. baby steps. it's going to take a few years for Houston to get his own recruits. what he's done already has been impressive.

Spider from the North
October 31st, 2016, 08:16 PM
I don't know if it's skewed because of our respective schedules, but through October 29th, JMU ranks 12th in the CAA in pass defense and 7th in total defense.
Richmond is ranked 2nd in pass defense and 3rd in total defense. In rushing defense, JMU and UR are ranked 4 and 5 respectively.
CAA FOOTBALL STATISTICS (http://www.caasports.com/sports/2014/6/7/FB_0607140412.aspx?path=football)

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 31st, 2016, 08:44 PM
I don't know if it's skewed because of our respective schedules, but through October 29th, JMU ranks 12th in the CAA in pass defense and 7th in total defense.
Richmond is ranked 2nd in pass defense and 3rd in total defense. In rushing defense, JMU and UR are ranked 4 and 5 respectively.
CAA FOOTBALL STATISTICS (http://www.caasports.com/sports/2014/6/7/FB_0607140412.aspx?path=football)

It's tough to get major takeaways from the stats...

UR: Laid an egg at Stony Brook, struggled with Towson when Towson still showed promise, played extra period against Albany, destroyed Villanova with their incompetent backup QB, destroyed Elon with their incompetent starting QB.

JMU...

Beat a pretty strong Maine team, destroyed an incompetent Delaware, struggled with a slightly less incompetent Indian team, hammered UNH but gave up loads of points and yards late, eviscerated a Pee Wee team from Rhode Island.

Honestly, the most impressive result of the bunch might be the JMU win over Maine. What can be learned from that one?

SpiderJPO
October 31st, 2016, 08:47 PM
Everyone tends to forget Richmond beat up on UVA which should at least balance out the ugly loss to Stony Brook.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 31st, 2016, 08:51 PM
Everyone tends to forget Richmond beat up on UVA which should at least balance out the ugly loss to Stony Brook.

It's funny. Had we lost to UVA and defeated Stony Brook, we'd probably be 2-3 spots better in the rankings. All of a sudden our "UVA loss" would be against a "Decent" 3-4 UVA team with a a narrow loss to Louisville. Instead we we a win over a " horrible" UVA team and we have a "horrible" loss to a 4-1 Stony Brook club that also beat North Dakota.

Perception is a thing.

Stonewall D
November 1st, 2016, 01:06 AM
There is no doubt that this will be a great game. It will be an epic war.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 1st, 2016, 02:48 AM
Honestly, the most impressive result of the bunch might be the JMU win over Maine. What can be learned from that one?

Valid point and great question. I am sure MaineJeff has some thoughts on this, but the first caveat is that it was week 4, so sort of the last game of the early part of the season, which was totally brutal for Maine.

Maine came out ready to play and totally with the swagger that they could win. After slicing through UNC with our RB tandem like butter, Maine's defense put up a stout effort and really forced JMU's QB to make some tough plays. The first half was won by Maine. What I learned from this at the time was a.) Maine is a good, solid team despite an 0-3 record. b.) Maine's athleticism was just a hair below JMU's talent-wise. However, 1st half Maine was more disciplined on both sides of the ball playing textbook fundamental football.

So what happened? JMU's defense emerged in the 2nd half for the first time since before Everette Withers took over from Mickey Matthews as Head Coach, and JMU's fanbase got a snapshot of what a dynamic offense with a respectable defense might look like. The half started with a huge kickoff return by Maine, promptly followed by an INT by JMU, the first of three second half INTs. Lesson #1 or the Spiders: JMU may have the worst pass defense yards-wise, but these fellas know how to intercept the ball and got five vs URI as a tune-up to Saturday's contest.

Then RB Abdullah takes the next snap 85-yards to the house. After doing very little all day long against Maine, the damn finally broke, and Abdullah had another long TD run called back on a holding call, while Johnson rattled off a 52-yard run to put the nail on the coffin in Q4. That might be lesson #2 for the Spiders - even if you feel like you are winning on defense vs. the run, Abdullah and Johnson are capable of breaking it wide open at any point in the game. Though they may only get 2-3 yards, as long as the offensive coordinator continues to run the ball, the big ones usually eventually break open, especially late in games.

The wow moment on defense for JMU came late in the game. Down by 11 with 9:37 to play, Maine start a nice, long grinding drive. Mostly runs with a few passes as they drive from the Maine 14 to the JMU 41. However, Maine then gets aggressive with the clock winding down needing two scores. Three drop backs and three sacks by JMU. Lesson #3 would be don't get into a situation where you have to pass - the rush may not be consistent, but when called upon JMU can provide pressure, especially in obvious passing situations.

Lastly, JMU showed the poise of a stronger, more mature team in taking the final drive and running out the last 4:23 of the clock.

Side note: Aside from 3 INTs, the eye-test told me Dan Collins looked to be the better of the two QBs playing. However, Bryan Schor managed the game better that day and I think he grew up a bit, realizing he doesn't need to do it all to win like he tried to do last year filling in for Vad Lee. Since, we have seen days where Schor takes over a game, and other days when it's more the RBs that play the starring role.

Again, Maine was solid. No JMU fan came away thinking JMU was so great that day or Maine was a bad team with a 0-3 record. But JMU grew up a bit in Orono this year, especially on defense. Hopefully signs that parallel the growing up that the '04 team did in Orono en route to a NC. But let's not get ahead of ourselves either - JMU has yet to prove itself among the FCS elite.

spdram
November 1st, 2016, 05:41 AM
I am both excited and apprehensive about this game. I'm sure both teams will give it their best and the one that gets a few breaks will likely come out on top. Both teams have proven themselves to be good, one may come out with an elite label. People continue to discount UR because of our loss to SB. My take, we had a big win against UVA, we fought hard to avoid the slump the next week against Norfolk State, but we lost our main RB without much backup experience at the position. We struggled to run the ball after the injury against NS and truly suffered at SB. That allowed SB to focus on the pass causing us all types of issues. Not trying to take anything from SB, they are a solid team, but they caught us at a good time. The running game has gotten better each week, and i think the bye week will help even more.

Matt
November 1st, 2016, 08:56 AM
It's gonna be a shootout. Team with the ball last wins.

Matt
November 1st, 2016, 09:05 AM
Valid point and great question. I am sure MaineJeff has some thoughts on this, but the first caveat is that it was week 4, so sort of the last game of the early part of the season, which was totally brutal for Maine.

Maine came out ready to play and totally with the swagger that they could win. After slicing through UNC with our RB tandem like butter, Maine's defense put up a stout effort and really forced JMU's QB to make some tough plays. The first half was won by Maine. What I learned from this at the time was a.) Maine is a good, solid team despite an 0-3 record. b.) Maine's athleticism was just a hair below JMU's talent-wise. However, 1st half Maine was more disciplined on both sides of the ball playing textbook fundamental football.

So what happened? JMU's defense emerged in the 2nd half for the first time since before Everette Withers took over from Mickey Matthews as Head Coach, and JMU's fanbase got a snapshot of what a dynamic offense with a respectable defense might look like. The half started with a huge kickoff return by Maine, promptly followed by an INT by JMU, the first of three second half INTs. Lesson #1 or the Spiders: JMU may have the worst pass defense yards-wise, but these fellas know how to intercept the ball and got five vs URI as a tune-up to Saturday's contest.

Then RB Abdullah takes the next snap 85-yards to the house. After doing very little all day long against Maine, the damn finally broke, and Abdullah had another long TD run called back on a holding call, while Johnson rattled off a 52-yard run to put the nail on the coffin in Q4. That might be lesson #2 for the Spiders - even if you feel like you are winning on defense vs. the run, Abdullah and Johnson are capable of breaking it wide open at any point in the game. Though they may only get 2-3 yards, as long as the offensive coordinator continues to run the ball, the big ones usually eventually break open, especially late in games.

The wow moment on defense for JMU came late in the game. Down by 11 with 9:37 to play, Maine start a nice, long grinding drive. Mostly runs with a few passes as they drive from the Maine 14 to the JMU 41. However, Maine then gets aggressive with the clock winding down needing two scores. Three drop backs and three sacks by JMU. Lesson #3 would be don't get into a situation where you have to pass - the rush may not be consistent, but when called upon JMU can provide pressure, especially in obvious passing situations.

Lastly, JMU showed the poise of a stronger, more mature team in taking the final drive and running out the last 4:23 of the clock.

Side note: Aside from 3 INTs, the eye-test told me Dan Collins looked to be the better of the two QBs playing. However, Bryan Schor managed the game better that day and I think he grew up a bit, realizing he doesn't need to do it all to win like he tried to do last year filling in for Vad Lee. Since, we have seen days where Schor takes over a game, and other days when it's more the RBs that play the starring role.

Again, Maine was solid. No JMU fan came away thinking JMU was so great that day or Maine was a bad team with a 0-3 record. But JMU grew up a bit in Orono this year, especially on defense. Hopefully signs that parallel the growing up that the '04 team did in Orono en route to a NC. But let's not get ahead of ourselves either - JMU has yet to prove itself among the FCS elite.

Lauletta has had a tendency to hold onto the ball WAY too long, often because he is keyed in on Brown and waiting for him to get open. Its led to some sacks and some picks. He was better about it again Nova and Elon, but it's still a concern. Obviously we throw a ton--he'll HAVE to get rid of the ball quickly. If we do this and make good use of checkdowns and slants, we should be ok. Enough to keep the defense honest and allow Thompson some running room (and hopefully allow Brown to get downfield behind the defense--we killed ya'll with that last year).

Stonewall D
November 1st, 2016, 09:41 AM
JMU's stats are inflated by the margin of its victories over Morehead State 80-7, Central Connecticut State 56-21 and Rhode Island (in conference) 84-7. If JMU had played better teams OOC, it would be ranked higher.

DirtyDukes
November 1st, 2016, 09:46 AM
JMU's stats are inflated by the margin of its victories over Morehead State 80-7, Central Connecticut State 56-21 and Rhode Island (in conference) 84-7. If JMU had played better teams OOC, it would be ranked higher.

Also worth noting, if UR hadn't lost to Stony Brook they would be ranked higher.

RootinFerDukes
November 1st, 2016, 09:48 AM
It's tough to get major takeaways from the stats...

UR: Laid an egg at Stony Brook, struggled with Towson when Towson still showed promise, played extra period against Albany, destroyed Villanova with their incompetent backup QB, destroyed Elon with their incompetent starting QB.

JMU...

Beat a pretty strong Maine team, destroyed an incompetent Delaware, struggled with a slightly less incompetent Indian team, hammered UNH but gave up loads of points and yards late, eviscerated a Pee Wee team from Rhode Island.

We did? That's news to me. I was there and we handled them pretty well. If you're basing it off of a TD win, their last score was a trash time score when the D had already mentally checked out. A bad habit of ours but worth noting.

DirtyDukes
November 1st, 2016, 09:50 AM
Wedid?That'snewstome.Iwasthereandwehandledthempret tywell.

My AGS is messing up too - I can't type spaces if I try typing under a quoted post in the quick replay area. I have to type above and then copy and paste.

Matt
November 1st, 2016, 09:58 AM
My AGS is messing up too - I can't type spaces if I try typing under a quoted post in the quick replay area. I have to type above and then copy and paste.

same

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2016, 10:34 AM
We did? That's news to me. I was there and we handled them pretty well. If you're basing it off of a TD win, their last score was a trash time score when the D had already mentally checked out. A bad habit of ours but worth noting.

OK. If it makes you feel better, I can edit my original post by copy and pasting your paragraph description of that game. I'll get to that later.

DirtyDukes
November 1st, 2016, 10:37 AM
OK. If it makes you feel better, I can edit my original post by copy and pasting your paragraph description of that game. I'll get to that later.

I dunno, I was also there and I felt like we needed that Late INT in the endzone to hold them off from tying, right?

I will say it was a rivalry game and as such we got W&M's best shot, which I will also predict UR will get from them in the last game of the season.

RootinFerDukes
November 1st, 2016, 10:40 AM
I believe JMU led WM throughout. Not my definition of struggling but what the hell do I know?

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2016, 10:41 AM
Richmond opens as a 2.5 point favorite.

Matt
November 1st, 2016, 10:44 AM
I dunno, I was also there and I felt like we needed that Late INT in the endzone to hold them off from tying, right?

I will say it was a rivalry game and as such we got W&M's best shot, which I will also predict UR will get from them in the last game of the season.

im weirdly worried about that game. No one on that team has ever beaten us, so they're definitely going to come out with a lot intensity. Who knows if they can keep it up enough to bridge the talent gap for 4 quarters.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2016, 10:44 AM

Thanks. The purpose of my post was to illustrate that both teams have had plenty of results that weren't worth hanging a hat on. I actually blew a little wind up your skirts on your Maine game. At least that was the intention.

Rootin is focused on the minutae. I guess that's ok.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2016, 10:46 AM
im weirdly worried about that game. No one on that team has ever beaten us, so they're definitely going to come out with a lot intensity. Who knows if they can keep it up enough to bridge the talent gap for 4 quarters.

You're worried about the game because you worry about all the games. You need to grow some nuts.

Matt
November 1st, 2016, 10:51 AM
You're worried about the game because you worry about all the games. You need to grow some nuts.

Im trying to be brave, dad! Just want to make you proud.

Spider from the North
November 1st, 2016, 11:34 AM
My analysis:
It’s very hard to predict the outcome when there are not at least two or three common opponents to compare as predictors.
Last year coming into JMU’s game with UR, JMU was 7-0, having beaten SMU and a host of weak teams comparable to those they have beaten thus far this year.
UR was 5-1, having lost only to Maryland. In the Coaches Poll JMU was ranked #3 and UR was ranked #12.
JMU had beaten Elon 51-0 the weekend before. The weekend subsequent to losing to UR, JMU was beaten by W&M. They then lost to Colgate 44-38 at home in the first round of the playoffs. UR went on to beat W&M and Illinois State in the playoffs before their National Semi-final game where they lost to NDSU by a score of 33-7.
UR won by 10 points last year at JMU. It was a dogfight up to the very end.

From last year’s team, UR has lost a prominent receiver in Reggie Diggs and two outstanding Offensive Linemen in Caleb High and Nick Ritcher. UR still has many talented receivers including pre-season AA, Brian Brown. They replaced the two lost OL with two who have a fair amount of experience.
JMU has lost their starting QB from last year, Vad Lee (lost in the 3rd quarter of last year’s game), and an outstanding TE in Deane Cheatham. Both have been replaced by quality players.
As to FBS opponents this year, UR beat UVA 37-20. JMU lost to UNC 56-28. Stony Brook beat UR 42-14 and Albany took UR to overtime. Both games were on the road.
JMU has routed most teams, the exceptions being W&M, Maine and UNH beating them by the average score of a TD.
JMU is coming off a 84-7 home win over URI. UR is coming off a BYE week. Two weeks ago, UR beat Villanova at home 23-0.

Noteworthy Intangibles:
JMU has a new coach who is almost unanimously acknowledged to be at least a cut above their coach of last year, Everett Withers, now at Texas State.
UR has both a new Offensive Coordinator and a new Defensive Coordinator, both with many years of experience.
Despite the betting gurus typically assigning a 2 or 3 point favorite to the home team, the JMU/UR rivalry has historically run counter to the allowance of that component in the series history.
UR and JMU are practically ranked the same in four polls.

Other than indicated above, both teams have pretty much the same personnel as last year.
I think it all comes down to game preparation and team determination.
All things considered, including my bias, I am going to go with UR to win, the extra week of preparation being the deciding factor.

DirtyDukes
November 1st, 2016, 11:53 AM
I believe JMU led WM throughout. Not my definition of struggling but what the hell do I know?
Well I think saying we led throughout and saying we struggled are not mutually exclusive, but I do agree that we're probably using more hindsight than anything. Going into the game no one probably thought W&M was quite as bad as they turned out to be this year, right? Not trying to blow your post up as I love your work here on AGS (although it recently came to my attention that you are not the same poster as RFD on the Dukes Domain board and it kind of blew my mind), but just giving my recollection.

DirtyDukes
November 1st, 2016, 12:04 PM
My analysis:
It’s very hard to predict the outcome when there are not at least two or three common opponents to compare as predictors.
Last year coming into JMU’s game with UR, JMU was 7-0, having beaten SMU and a host of weak teams comparable to those they have beaten thus far this year.
UR was 5-1, having lost only to Maryland. In the Coaches Poll JMU was ranked #3 and UR was ranked #12.
JMU had beaten Elon 51-0 the weekend before. The weekend subsequent to losing to UR, JMU was beaten by W&M. They then lost to Colgate 44-38 at home in the first round of the playoffs. UR went on to beat W&M and Illinois State in the playoffs before their National Semi-final game where they lost to NDSU by a score of 33-7.

From last year’s team, UR has lost a prominent receiver in Reggie Diggs and two outstanding Offensive Linemen in Caleb High and Nick Ritcher. UR still has many talented receivers including pre-season AA, Brian Brown. They replaced the two lost OL with two who have a fair amount of experience.
JMU has lost their starting QB from last year, Vad Lee (lost in the 3rd quarter of last year’s game), and an outstanding TE in Deane Cheatham. Both have been replaced by quality players.
As to FBS opponents this year, UR beat UVA 37-20. JMU lost to UNC 56-28. Stony Brook beat UR 42-14 and Albany took UR to overtime. Both games were on the road.
JMU has routed most teams, the exceptions being W&M, Maine and UNH beating them by the average score of a TD.
JMU is coming off a 84-7 home win over URI. UR is coming off a BYE week. Two weeks ago, UR beat Villanova at home 23-0.

Noteworthy Intangibles:
JMU has a new coach who is almost unanimously acknowledged to be at least a cut above their coach of last year, Everett Withers, now at Texas State.
UR has both a new Offensive Coordinator and a new Defensive Coordinator, both with many years of experience.
Despite the betting gurus typically assigning a 2 or 3 point favorite to the home team, the JMU/UR rivalry has historically run counter to the allowance of that component in the series history.

Other than indicated above, both teams have pretty much the same personnel as last year.
All things considered, including my bias, I am going to go with UR to win, the extra week of preparation being the deciding factor.

This is some quality analysis. Thanks!

RootinFerDukes
November 1st, 2016, 12:08 PM
My analysis:

We are 2-0 this season against opponents coming off of a bye.

Matt
November 1st, 2016, 12:09 PM
My analysis:

Noteworthy Intangibles:

This is great. Thanks for writing it all out. Great point about how the 3-point home advantage should probably go to the away team. Since 04, the away team is 8-4 in this series.

Matt
November 1st, 2016, 12:11 PM

True, but we are a pretty major step up in competition. Im not sure this stat is worth too much (for either side, although we definitely needed the rest).

Cutting and pasting these messages is getting really ****in old.

jmu007
November 1st, 2016, 12:14 PM

For the sake of the data points; Those opponents were Maine and Delaware.

DirtyDukes
November 1st, 2016, 12:14 PM
True, but we are a pretty major step up in competition. Im not sure this stat is worth too much (for either side, although we definitely needed the rest).

Hey Matt if you paste something from before the quote below the message then you can spacebar like usual. All you need is one letter and you can save it post to post.

RootinFerDukes
November 1st, 2016, 12:28 PM

For the sake of the data points; Those opponents were Maine and Delaware.

Yes. I wasn't saying that it means we'll go 3-0 against the bye opponents (thanks CAA) but it was more to point out that the UR posters keep emphasizing the bye but it clearly hasn't phased us so far this season.

Matt
November 1st, 2016, 12:35 PM
Hey Matt if you paste something from before the quote below the message then you can spacebar like usual. All you need is one letter and you can save it post to post.

thanks!

KPSUL
November 1st, 2016, 02:42 PM
, hammered UNH but gave up loads of points and yards late,

Funny, no one leaving the stadium at the end of the game felt "hammered". The correct way to phrase this would be "JMU gave up lots of yards all game and a mind-blowing number of points in the last 7 minutes." UNH out-gained JMU by more than 100 yards and I wouldn't be surprised if the two teams were about even in yards before the UNH blitzkrieg began.

In trying to decide which team to pick to win the JMU @ UR matchup, the needle on my winner select-o-meter is now shifting towards JMU and likely by at least 2 scores. I've come to the conclusions that below all that southern charm and poise, Mike Houston is a take no prisoners, mean, bad-ass who has provided leadership, purpose and motivation to what was already the best group of athletes in the CAA. He may be the 2nd best coach in the conference, and number one is not named Danny, Andy or Jimmye.

RootinFerDukes
November 1st, 2016, 02:46 PM
Funny, no one leaving the stadium at the end of the game felt "hammered". The correct way to phrase this would be "JMU gave up lots of yards all game and a mind-blowing number of points in the last 7 minutes." UNH out-gained JMU by more than 100 yards and I wouldn't be surprised if the two teams were about even in yards before the UNH blitzkrieg began.

In trying to decide which team to pick to win, and pull for in this game I'm beginning to feel like the voters in the Presidential election - trying to decide which one they dislike least. The needle on my select-o-meter is now shifting towards JMU.

#VoteYourConscience

DirtyDukes
November 1st, 2016, 02:50 PM

In trying to decide which team to pick to win, and pull for in this game I'm beginning to feel like the voters in the Presidential election - trying to decide which one they dislike least. The needle on my select-o-meter is now shifting towards JMU.

https://jessicamariebaumgartner.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/vote-for-me-11.gif?w=490

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2016, 02:55 PM

Good gracious. I almost always feel hammered when i walk out of games.

I don't make posts because i care really care about how it might offend largely unrelated parties. Do other people post with that in mind?

As it relates to UNH - a program that we all respect alot - the point i was trying to make is that JMU's defensive numbers on the season are highly skewed because of the 4th Quarter of the game against UNH. Is that even arguable?

Gangtackle11
November 1st, 2016, 02:55 PM
I picked Richmond 31-28, but for Villanova it's better if Richmond gets tagged with CAA loss #2. Keeps the conference title for Villanova alive.

KPSUL
November 1st, 2016, 03:14 PM
Good gracious. I almost always feel hammered when i walk out of games.

I don't make posts because i care really care about how it might offend largely unrelated parties. Do other people post with that in mind?

As it relates to UNH - a program that we all respect alot - the point i was trying to make is that JMU's defensive numbers on the season are highly skewed because of the 4th Quarter of the game against UNH. Is that even arguable?

I edited my original post, but maybe I should have stuck with it. It garnered some good responses!

Matt
November 1st, 2016, 03:41 PM

In trying to decide which team to pick to win the JMU @ UR matchup, the needle on my winner select-o-meter is now shifting towards JMU and likely by at least 2 scores. I've come to the conclusions that below all that southern charm and poise, Mike Houston is a take no prisoners, mean, bad-ass who has provided leadership, purpose and motivation to what was already the best group of athletes in the CAA. He may be the 2nd best coach in the conference, and number one is not named Danny, Andy or Jimmye.

sir, how dare you

Matt
November 1st, 2016, 05:01 PM
I see something like 42-35 Richmond or maybe 35-24 JMU, which I think jives with what people generally have been predicting from this game. If it turns into a shutout we have the upper hand. Lauletta>Schor

I'd like to hear from the guys who haven't made predictions yet (unless you're superstitious about that stuff)

KPSUL
November 1st, 2016, 07:05 PM
I see something like 42-35 Richmond or maybe 35-24 JMU, which I think jives with what people generally have been predicting from this game. If it turns into a shutout we have the upper hand. Lauletta>Schor

I'd like to hear from the guys who haven't made predictions yet (unless you're superstitious about that stuff)

Because of this game and the Villanova @ Maine matchup, I'm not going to be ready to post on CAA Pick-em tomorrow.
Right now, I give JMU the edge and by more than a TD. No one is going to stop JMU from scoring on a high percentage of their drives. They have too many big-play weapons. The key is to limit their number of possessions and the most effective way to do that are in order 1. Keep their offense on the bench and 2. Defend against the big play. Accomplish #1 with a ball control offense, run a ton of plays, get a bunch of 1st downs, and punch it in the end zone when you're in the Red Zone. 15 play drives are way better than 5 play drives. For #2 make their offense work hard for their scores, and burn some clock when they have the ball. Unlike what one Dukes poster said here, a fast pace, high scoring game favors JMU in this game. Richmond is not likely to match them score for score in a wide open game - if you play that way, you'll lose by 2-3 TDs. Play an effective ball control game and I give Richmond a 50-50 shot.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2016, 07:10 PM
The analysis of the "experts" seems eerily similar to last year's analysis of this game.

KPSUL
November 1st, 2016, 07:28 PM
The analysis of the "experts" seems eerily similar to last year's analysis of this game.

The big difference is that JMU actually owns a blocking sled now.

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2016, 08:03 PM
I'll take JMU in a revenge spot after getting their party crashed last year (was that the game they lost their qb as well?)

Looking forward to this game 37-34 Dukes

spdram
November 1st, 2016, 08:22 PM
I'm actually glad so many people are picking the dukes to win. The more the merrier!

KPSUL
November 1st, 2016, 08:23 PM
I'll take JMU in a revenge spot after getting their party crashed last year (was that the game they lost their qb as well?)

Looking forward to this game 37-34 Dukes

Yes, Vad Lee sustained a season ending injury in the 4th quarter. Probably made little or no difference(in that game)since Bryan Schor moved the dukes effectively during the remaining JMU possessions.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually glad so many people are picking the dukes to win. The more the merrier!

Why do you care either way?

MacThor
November 1st, 2016, 09:13 PM

We are 2-0 this season against opponents from the Commonwealth of Virginia.

spdram
November 1st, 2016, 09:21 PM
Why do you care either way?[/QUOTE] They'll play with a chip on their shoulder if everybody doubts them.

jmufan999
November 1st, 2016, 09:28 PM
Why do you care either way? They'll play with a chip on their shoulder if everybody doubts them.[/QUOTE]

come on, man. you don't believe that BS, do you? it's an extraordinarily violent sport. you're suggesting UR will be more violent b/c of some silly cliché? when it fits the narrative, people jump on that crap. there are just as many times it doesn't fit.

by the way, we're talking about an internet message board. most people on here probably haven't even seen both teams play a full game. UR is favored in Vegas. let's cut the s**t, shall we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stonewall D
November 1st, 2016, 11:13 PM
IMHO, players and coaches look for any additional motivation.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 2nd, 2016, 01:12 AM

I think you are right in that the result of more people favoring the Dukes is eerily similar. However, the analysis is different. The high powered offense is not led as much by Walter Payton candidate at QB, but by a balanced offense that features a two-headed monster at RB. That factor is quite different. Secondly, and more importantly, overall the defense is much stronger. There is improvement across the board, the most notable is a non-statistical improvement in taking better angles and tackling better. Last year the Dukes over pursued and took bad angles. They are still improving, but light years ahead of this same time last year.

To me, Richmond is more the enigma between battling injuries, beating UVA but letting Stony Brook have their way with them, then blanking Villanova. The Spiders are dangerous because I simply don't know what team will show up Saturday. Given the rivalry, I know JMU and UR will give each other their best shot and would be shocked with anything less than a close game in the 4th quarter.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 2nd, 2016, 01:18 AM
Full disclosure: I have Richmond ranked one spot higher than JMU in my AGS poll ballot. Some JMU fans think I am sandbagging. I recognize the consistency of offensive and defensive balance that Richmond has year in and year out in the CAA, and the win over UVA > loss to Stony Brook. JMU's loss to UNC exposed the Dukes as still not able to figure out the high-powered passing offenses in college football. If JMU can continue to improve against the pass, it does have a slightly better collective group of athletes, even if UR has a couple better NFL prospects at WR and QB.

Stonewall D
November 2nd, 2016, 04:39 AM
Very nice analytical posts. Richmond has been devastated by injuries in both the offensive and defensive backfields. Our all-American free safety is out for the year and probably forever. We lost 2 RBs to injury. Our online is injured . We needed the bye week. Our QB has seemed out of sorts, because he is adjusting to his 3rd OC. I would be surprised if Richmond wins this one.

Stonewall D
November 2nd, 2016, 04:41 AM
Stony Brook is better than everyone gives them credit for. They are a playoff calibre team.

spdram
November 2nd, 2016, 05:36 AM
I agree, SB is a very good team this season. What I believe most people are not taking into account is that was our first full game without any experienced RB. As a result we ran for a total of 32 yards vs SB. SB killed us on TOP, our passing game was not enough to win. Our running game has improved with each game since then. It's not where it needs to be, but hopefully this bye week will give us the additional time we need to get the running game back to where it needs to be to be a real contender.

DirtyDukes
November 2nd, 2016, 08:18 AM
IMHO, players and coaches look for any additional motivation.
If your players and coaches need to look to AGS for motivation they need to check their pulses.

jmufan999
November 2nd, 2016, 08:31 AM
Stonewall D, your post was so incredibly stupid that I feel it necessary to point out that fact in two separate posts. Congrats.

Our QB has seemed out of sorts, because he is adjusting to his 3rd OC.

You mean your Preseason CAA POY who is currently leading the conference in passing yards and TD's? The guy who is top 20 in the nation in the same categories? yeah, he's been awful. what a disappointing year.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 2nd, 2016, 08:32 AM
I seriously thought he was just being sarcastic.

jmufan999
November 2nd, 2016, 08:32 AM
I would be surprised if Richmond wins this one.

what an amazing transformation we've seen with you over the last two weeks! any explanation as to why?

This game will be a blood sport for UR. UR will show no mercy. We are going to take JMU apart.

All I can say is that UR will dismantle you, limb by limb. We are going to take you apart. It will be a blood letting.

JMU, you better be ready, because the Spiders are coming after you. We are out for blood.

JMU, those sounds you hear are our line backers coming for you.

JMU, do you hear our footsteps behind you? The Spiders are coming for you. You better be ready,

Richmond will be prepared for JMU. Coach Rocco will have had 2 weeks to prepare for this game. He will have the team ready to play.

UR will be ready for JMU.

RootinFerDukes
November 2nd, 2016, 08:34 AM
what an amazing transformation we've seen with you over the last two weeks! any explanation as to why?

LOL just reality setting in for some of the SPATTERS. BigHouse'll tell you to grow some nuts shortly.

JMad03
November 2nd, 2016, 08:40 AM
Keep in mind he's the same poster that thought Rhode Island was actually going to win.

Stonewall D
November 2nd, 2016, 09:47 AM
Hyperbole aside. JMU has not been tested this year, at all. Teams that have a lax schedule before playing Richmond lose. Not only that, they lose the next game. Expect a hard hitting, tough game from Richmond this year. Expect our defense to dial up new pressure and expect our offense to take advantages of weaknesses in a Bob Trott directed defense. For the uninitiated, Bob Trott was UR's defensive coordinator last season. He repeatedly had his DBs play at least 10 years off of receivers at the line. That has not changed since he joined JMU's staff. We expect a high percentage of completed passes that are short. Once you play up on our receivers, expect a few long touchdown throws from our QB to our outstanding WR's. Our defense has really improved this year, witness our shutout of NOVA. Although our DBs have suffered serious injuries, our front 7 is the best it has been in years. The D is led by Senior Linebacker Omar Howard. You will have your hands full. This will be the first real test for JMU.

Terry2889
November 2nd, 2016, 10:06 AM
Stony Brook is better than everyone gives them credit for. They are a playoff calibre team.

No they're not.... And no they're not...

RootinFerDukes
November 2nd, 2016, 10:12 AM
JMU has a win over a currently ranked team in all national polls (Coaches, Stats, AGS) against UNH. We have a win against Maine who is ranked currently in the AGS poll.

Yeah... we haven't been tested.

flyrod
November 2nd, 2016, 10:20 AM
This is gonna be one hell of a game, And this goes for both teams.
Just think from the players standpoint, YOUR Most Hated Rival, Winner most likely will win the CAA.
Winner gets upper hand in Seeding for Playoffs
Both sides fans have been trash talking for weeks, Ticket prices are sky high. PRESSURE hell ya, both teams have huge pressure on them. COACHES Too.
This is one of those games that the player will remember the rest of their lives. whether they move on to pro sports (the few) or go into their new careers in the workforce (the majority).
Remember it really doesn't get much better than this (maybe a little) but for creating memories for the players a game like this is what College Football is really all about.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 10:34 AM
Stonewall D, your post was so incredibly stupid that I feel it necessary to point out that fact in two separate posts. Congrats.

You mean your Preseason CAA POY who is currently leading the conference in passing yards and TD's? The guy who is top 20 in the nation in the same categories? yeah, he's been awful. what a disappointing year.

LOL we are getting crushed by the duke fans this morning. Somebody spiked their coffee.

The stats definitely tell a lot of the story about Lauletta (who is great), but I'll vouch for stonewall here, at least somewhat. This isn't really mathematically provable except for his INTs in a couple games, but Lauletta has not passed the eyeball test (i know, i know) in a few games this year. As I mentioned yesterday, he's shown a tendency to hold onto the ball waiting for Brown to get open/try to force balls to Brown when he shouldnt. Again I can't point to a number, but he's just looked a little off. Hasn't had an INT in a couple games now, but his numbers were just ok, 220ish and a TD in each (2 against Elon). He'll need to be better than that against JMU, even with our running game looking great.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 10:40 AM
Hyperbole aside. JMU has not been tested this year, at all. Teams that have a lax schedule before playing Richmond lose. Not only that, they lose the next game. Expect a hard hitting, tough game from Richmond this year. Expect our defense to dial up new pressure and expect our offense to take advantages of weaknesses in a Bob Trott directed defense. For the uninitiated, Bob Trott was UR's defensive coordinator last season. He repeatedly had his DBs play at least 10 years off of receivers at the line. That has not changed since he joined JMU's staff. We expect a high percentage of completed passes that are short. Once you play up on our receivers, expect a few long touchdown throws from our QB to our outstanding WR's. Our defense has really improved this year, witness our shutout of NOVA. Although our DBs have suffered serious injuries, our front 7 is the best it has been in years. The D is led by Senior Linebacker Omar Howard. You will have your hands full. This will be the first real test for JMU.

CHRIST this used to drive me insane. The worst. If they employ this strategy, it does setup well for Lauletta. He's accurate short and throws the best deep ball (maybe) in the country. Brown will easily go over 100 in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Ultimately, this game is really gonna come down to who has the most points at the end.

SkinsWizDukes
November 2nd, 2016, 10:41 AM
JMU has a win over a currently ranked team in all national polls (Coaches, Stats, AGS) against UNH. We have a win against Maine who is ranked currently in the AGS poll.

Yeah... we haven't been tested.

We also played this team called UNC. I hear they are okay.

Stonewall D
November 2nd, 2016, 11:41 AM
You beat Morehead 80-0, CCSU 56-14, and Rhode island 84-7. The rest of your games were average performances against mediocre teams.

kdinva
November 2nd, 2016, 11:49 AM
This is gonna be one hell of a game, And this goes for both teams.
Just think from the players standpoint, YOUR Most Hated Rival, Winner most likely will win the CAA.
Winner gets upper hand in Seeding for Playoffs
Both sides fans have been trash talking for weeks, Ticket prices are sky high.

.....and if this game was in City Stadium, at least 19,000 would show up.....just sayin'....

flyrod
November 2nd, 2016, 12:22 PM
.....and if this game was in City Stadium, at least 19,000 would show up.....just sayin'....

and
14-16,000 of that 19,000 would be wearing Purple too!

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 12:24 PM
and
14-16,000 of that 19,000 would be wearing Purple too!

haha who didnt see this coming? Sounds like someone never went to a game at city stadium.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 2nd, 2016, 12:40 PM
LOL just reality setting in for some of the SPATTERS. BigHouse'll tell you to grow some nuts shortly.

I LOL'd.

DirtyDukes
November 2nd, 2016, 01:04 PM
You beat Morehead 80-0, CCSU 56-14, and Rhode island 84-7. The rest of your games were average performances against mediocre teams.
Really?

You lost to Stony brook by 28. (BTW, UNH beat SB by 29)
You beat Towson... TOWSON by 3. (Delaware beat them 14)
It took you 3 OTs to beat Albany. (Maine beat Albany)
Elon held you to 6 points in the first half.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 2nd, 2016, 01:21 PM
I like the direction this is headed xpopcornx

jmufan999
November 2nd, 2016, 01:23 PM
Houston raved about DT Craig. would love an assessment on him and the DL in general. who are the best pass rushers?

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 01:37 PM
Houston raved about DT Craig. would love an assessment on him and the DL in general. who are the best pass rushers?

Winston Craig is a monster. 6'4", 290. he pushed UVA's OL around like they were high school kids. He'll likely need a double-team much of the time and he'll still get into the backfield. He and Andrew Clyde will create the most pressure. Omar Howard (middle-linebacker and co-captain of the defense, 49 tackles, 7 TFL) will create the most havoc, so to speak. Fast for an LB, great tackler, and is fairly good dropping into coverage as well. You will see him all over the field. DB Brendan Coniker has really stepped up since our all-everything safety David Jones went down. Coniker (8 tackles) and Craig (1.5 sacks) led the way in the Nova game. There's no replacing Jones' athleticism, but Coniker and CB Tafon Mainsah have done an admirable job filling in the holes he left. We currently have the number-two ranked passing defense in the country. Our run stopping isn't always great, which definitely scares me in this game.

Sorry if this is all over the place. I was going back and forth making sure I had my numbers right.

Who do we look out for on the dukes' D?

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 2nd, 2016, 01:41 PM
Winston Craig is an animal. In my opinion, he and Brian Brown are the two best players on our team. The defensive line has been terrific all season. Brandon Waller has finally been healthy and made a huge impact. Andrew Clyde is a terrific player with a couple years left to play. Joe Nelson, the grad transfer from VMI, has been very solid. Excellent rotation with Chad Wiggins more of a speed rusher/converted linebacker, Muse a very strong backup in the middle and Will Ingle and others.

IMO, DL is the strongest position group on our team.

The game is going to hinge on the matchup between our DL and the JMU OL.

- - - Updated - - -

You were quicker than me, Matt. I think my post was better though. :)

Spider from the North
November 2nd, 2016, 01:47 PM
Really?

Senseless to posture. Arguments can be made supporting both sides. Most posters on this thread think that JMU will win.
I don't agree and have set forth my analysis. Come Saturday night we will have the answer.

DirtyDukes
November 2nd, 2016, 01:53 PM
Senseless to posture. Arguments can be made supporting both sides. Most posters on this thread think that JMU will win.
I don't agree and have set forth my analysis. Come Saturday night we will have the answer.

I was responding to a posture. If breaking UNH's 17 game home win streak and taking care of tradition rivals (for both our programs) UD & W&M aren't impressive wins, surely he doesn't think a 3 point win over Towson is.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 01:53 PM
Winston Craig is an animal. In my opinion, he and Brian Brown are the two best players on our team. The defensive line has been terrific all season. Brandon Waller has finally been healthy and made a huge impact. Andrew Clyde is a terrific player with a couple years left to play. Joe Nelson, the grad transfer from VMI, has been very solid. Excellent rotation with Chad Wiggins more of a speed rusher/converted linebacker, Muse a very strong backup in the middle and Will Ingle and others.

IMO, DL is the strongest position group on our team.

The game is going to hinge on the matchup between our DL and the JMU OL.

- - - Updated - - -

You were quicker than me, Matt. I think my post was better though. :)

Mine was much more comprehensive but I lose points for addressing the whole defense, which was not the question. I think I showed initiative, though.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 2nd, 2016, 02:40 PM
^^Yep. Your initiative and my nuts. We'll get places together, buddy.

flyrod
November 2nd, 2016, 02:40 PM
haha who didnt see this coming? Sounds like someone never went to a game at city stadium.

Nope never did. Dont claim to have been there. (city Stadium) either
I Wasnt part of the JMU fanbase back then.
But I have been to your Track for the last 3 JMU / UR meetings at UR
but I have seen all the Purple at the RU house those years.
Just adding some smack talk for ya.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 02:49 PM
Welcome to CAA football. Its awesome

Well, its UR, so that's your first lesson. I hope you don't call the dukes UMJ. That's a bad look.

As for Robins Stadium--this has been discussed at length--it sucks. We admit it. The facilities are an upgrade from City but that's about it. All of us miss the old days. We dont draw fans anymore except the old people who live around campus and diehards (yes we exist). We used to, though. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23799&stc=1 This is from the game against W&M in 09. City held about 22k. That grandstand held something like 12k of that. All red. Rest-assured the other side was just about all green, so youre not wrong about how JMU would travel (attendance was comparable to W&M games) but man we used to have a crowd. I hate Robins Stadium. Go Spiders...

Nope never did. Dont claim to have been there. (city Stadium) either
I Wasnt part of the JMU fanbase back then.
But I have been to your Track for the last 3 JMU / UR meetings at UR
but I have seen all the Purple at the RU house those years.
Just adding some smack talk for ya.

Sorry this formatted weird.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 02:58 PM
Also, to the point about attendance-- we restricted tickets for JMU this year. I believe we did for W&M last year too, but can't recall. We did this in basketball with VCU and it actually worked, so they applied the same logic here. I don't think they'll have the same success, though. Richmond is a basketball city, ultimately. And also visiting the Robins Center is actually a pleasant experience...

RootinFerDukes
November 2nd, 2016, 02:59 PM
Honest question, do you feel that moving the stadium on campus has actually made it less accessible to fans?

flyrod
November 2nd, 2016, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Matt;2404628]Welcome to CAA football. Its awesome

Well, its UR, so that's your first lesson. I hope you don't call the dukes UMJ. That's a bad look.

Thanks Matt
Sounds Appears like it was fun back then..
But what happened since then that caused the drop off in fans?
and Yes CAA football is awesome
and honestly it was a TYPO the RU/UR thing...was not intentional .....since i did type it correctly in the beginning. of the post.
(dislexia maybe the cause of the transposition? or maybe when i swirled blue and red together, on my acrylic art board, i got dizzy, when it turned purple) :P

And TBH....this is the best Rivalry game in CAA football that I have experienced in 6 years that I have been following JMU

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 03:06 PM
Honest question, do you feel that moving the stadium on campus has actually made it less accessible to fans?

Undoubtedly. Campus isn't the most accessible place to begin with. Then add in gameday traffic... At City, we were in the middle of a neighborhood (in the middle of the city) and directly off the interstate. There were more ways to get in and quicker ways to get out. Being in a neighborhood, of course there was still traffic, but less: 1) because there were more routes out, like I said, and 2) because you had a fair number of fans and families walking. The area around Carytown has a lot of twenty-somethings and young families who would go to games for a day out. These would mostly be causal fans who arent gonna be motivated to head out to campus on a Saturday afternoon. The sororities and fraternities also got bussed in which added to a party atmosphere.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 03:08 PM
haha i was just messin around. i just typed out a thing about the drop-off in numbers. Slow day at work. I gotta stop posting on here..

[QUOTE=Matt;2404628]Welcome to CAA football. Its awesome

Thanks Matt
Sounds Appears like it was fun back then..
But what happened since then that caused the drop off in fans?
and Yes CAA football is awesome
and honestly it was a TYPO the RU/UR thing...was not intentional .....since i did type it correctly in the beginning. of the post.
(dislexia maybe the cause of the transposition? or maybe when i swirled blue and red together, on my acrylic art board, i got dizzy, when it turned purple) :P

And TBH....this is the best Rivalry game in CAA football that I have experienced in 6 years that I have been following JMU

KPSUL
November 2nd, 2016, 03:09 PM
Also, to the point about attendance-- we restricted tickets for JMU this year. I believe we did for W&M last year too, but can't recall. We did this in basketball with VCU and it actually worked, so they applied the same logic here. I don't think they'll have the same success, though. Richmond is a basketball city, ultimately. And also visiting the Robins Center is actually a pleasant experience...

I think the strategy might have worked. I bought my ticket on August 19th, and there were very few seats available then.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 03:11 PM
Hope so. Villanova was a "sell out" too and there were maybe 6000 there at kickoff...

jmufan999
November 2nd, 2016, 03:54 PM
Who do we look out for on the dukes' D?

it's a true team effort, and that's no cliché. CB Taylor Reynolds gets the most accolades (i know you guys remember him from 2014 in Richmond), he's played well. NT Simeyon Robinson has dominated at times, especially the entire 2nd half of the Maine game. Ankrah has had way fewer sacks this year, not sure why. the run defense is the biggest improvement. against great OLs, we will give up big plays.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 04:03 PM
it's a true team effort, and that's no cliché. CB Taylor Reynolds gets the most accolades (i know you guys remember him from 2014 in Richmond), he's played well. NT Simeyon Robinson has dominated at times, especially the entire 2nd half of the Maine game. Ankrah has had way fewer sacks this year, not sure why. the run defense is the biggest improvement. against great OLs, we will give up big plays.

As far as I can recall there was no game in 2014. Doesn't ring a bell..

Stonewall D
November 2nd, 2016, 06:47 PM
^^Yep. Your initiative and my nuts. We'll get places together, buddy.
I think this is a bromance.

Stonewall D
November 2nd, 2016, 06:54 PM
It was designed to involve students in the game. Robins Stadium is a huge improvement, imho. Robins Stadium fits URs needs. City stadium was built in1929. The men's room did not even have urinals. It had a big metal trench along the wall, with water flowing through it.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 07:18 PM
It was designed to involve students in the game. Robins Stadium is a huge improvement, imho. Robins Stadium fits URs needs. City stadium was built in1929. The men's room did not even have urinals. It had a big metal trench along the wall, with water flowing through it.

I know what it as designed to do, but it hasn't worked out at all. City stadium was old but it had charm and it had atmosphere. Was talking to Mike Ireland today and he said the loudest football games he's ever experienced were there--not played in, experienced. Man, I miss city stadium. Is that coming across at all?

For anyone interested: Scotty McGee game and App St 09 were the games he was talking about.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 2nd, 2016, 07:28 PM
There's benefits and drawbacks of City Stadium versus Robins Stadium. I suspect we derive more revenue on less than half the capacity on campus.

Additionally, City Stadium "had charm" but was an aging dump. Hows the baseball stadium for the Squirrels coming along? City Stadium is far behind the baseball stadium in terms of RVA priorities.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 07:38 PM
There's benefits and drawbacks of City Stadium versus Robins Stadium. I suspect we derive more revenue on less than half the capacity on campus.

Additionally, City Stadium "had charm" but was an aging dump. Hows the baseball stadium for the Squirrels coming along? City Stadium is far behind the baseball stadium in terms of RVA priorities.

Yeah, we probably do make a good bit of money, but isn't our endowment 2.5 bil? We ain't hurtin.

You're right, like stonewall, about city being a dump and the city def has no incentive to fix it for the 1-2k people the kickers bring in. But would that be the case if we'd renewed our lease and continued to put 15-20k in the seats for elite football games?

Obviously this is all opinion and agree to disagree, but I enjoy the discussion/hearing other spiders thoughts on the "controversy"

For me, the local HOA's demands for the (small) size of the stadium would've been a deal breaker

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 2nd, 2016, 07:42 PM
Yeah, we probably do make a good bit of money, but isn't our endowment 2.5 bil? We ain't hurtin.

You're right, like stonewall, about city being a dump and the city def has no incentive to fix it for the 1-2k people the kickers bring in. But would that be the case if we'd renewed our lease and continued to put 15-20k in the seats for elite football games?

Obviously this is all opinion and agree to disagree, but I enjoy the discussion/hearing other spiders thoughts on the "controversy"

There is no controversy because we aren't going back.

And our endowment has less to the with our AD P&L than you'd think.

Outsource your gameday to a city hall that might be run by Joe Morrisey or control your gameday environment? Sort of a no brainer, bud.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 2nd, 2016, 07:46 PM
Additionally, the city has no money. So there's that too.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 07:49 PM
There is no controversy because we aren't going back.

And our endowment has less to the with our AD P&L than you'd think.

Outsource your gameday to a city hall that might be run by Joe Morrisey or control your gameday environment? Sort of a no brainer, bud.

I know enough about the finances at school to know we ain't hurtin for hot dog money.

And I wouldn't be too worried about Morrisey, honestly. The underage girls at the games are usually with their parents

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 2nd, 2016, 07:54 PM
I know enough about the finances at school to know we ain't hurtin for hot dog money.

And I wouldn't be too worried about Morrisey, honestly. The underage girls at the games are usually with their parents

What do you know about the Spider Club finances pre and post? I suspect very little.

Every car in X lot: $200 minimum.

Every car in B5: $1k minimum.

Every car in B3: $3500 minimum.

We had about 20 cones that represented a reserved parking space downtown.

It just isn't close.

DirtyDukes
November 2nd, 2016, 08:00 PM
Not trolling here, but since it was for students do you guys ever get upset that student support is so bad? I've been to every JMU/UR game at Robins and student support is described at best as tepid.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 08:00 PM
What do you know about the Spider Club finances pre and post? I suspect very little.

Every car in X lot: $200 minimum.

Every car in B5: $1k minimum.

Every car in B3: $3500 minimum.

We had about 20 cones that represented a reserved parking space downtown.

It just isn't close.

Lol I know it isn't close and I know we make money. I didn't say any of that. But the program was VERY fine financially. We aren't Maine. You're clearly the expert, but I have family on staff, and I work with Weinstein so I'm not clueless. And anyhow, I wasn't making a financial point, at least not initially. The game experience and fan experience was better at city. That's my opinion.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 2nd, 2016, 08:02 PM
Not trolling here, but since it was for students do you guys ever get upset that student support is so bad? I've been to every JMU/UR game at Robins and student support is described at best as tepid.

Yes but I've given up on being bothered by something I can't control.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 08:05 PM

Yeah it's awful. It's embarrassing. Students haven't ever gone to games in any great number at Robins. Ironically the support was phenomenal at city stadium. In general, students don't go to any sporting events now. Football and basketball games used to be a big deal--the Rowdies of the 90s were some of the best student fans in all of college basketball. Sad state of affairs.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 2nd, 2016, 08:05 PM
Lol I know it isn't close and I know we make money. I didn't say any of that. But the program was VERY fine financially. We aren't Maine. You're clearly the expert, but I have family on staff, and I work with Weinstein so I'm not clueless. And anyhow, I wasn't making a financial point, at least not initially. The game experience and fan experience was better at city. That's my opinion.

I don't entirely disagree. IT's just pointless debate.

How about we get strippers as cheerleaders? Or start accepting JuCo transfers? OR sell weed at concessions?

DirtyDukes
November 2nd, 2016, 08:06 PM
Yes but I've given up on being bothered by something I can't control.

Man, with how successful you guys have been it's wild to me students don't come out.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 08:07 PM
I don't entirely disagree. IT's just pointless debate.

How about we get strippers as cheerleaders? Or start accepting JuCo transfers? OR sell weed at concessions?

Do you think if we do all of that we can convince Jalen Hurd to come to Richmond instead?

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 08:10 PM
Man, with how successful you guys have been it's wild to me students don't come out.

Right now our students are a weird cross-section of brainiacs who never leave the library, international students, and jaded, rich Bret Easton Ellis characters. Not a lot of sports fans. We are trying to be UVA EAST

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 2nd, 2016, 08:11 PM

I walk around on campus and hear as many conversations in foreign languages as a english. We have 2800 students. If 400 are abroad and 400 are from china, we need 50% of the rest to fill the student section.

Just isn't critical mass.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 08:13 PM
I walk around on campus and hear as many conversations in foreign languages as a english. We have 2800 students. If 400 are abroad and 400 are from china, we need 50% of the rest to fill the student section.

Just isn't critical mass.

Hey, look! We are agreeing again. Maybe this really is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

MacThor
November 2nd, 2016, 08:22 PM
Sorry to sound cynical, but...

At City Stadium, students would get their drink on at tailgate and be stuck downtown (yes, there are bars walking distance) so more would go into the game.

Now that the stadium's on campus, the kids can tailgate and keep the party going in the dorms and apartments. No bevs in the stadium.
All of our home games have been on TV, too.

It's lame, yeah, but like BigHouse I've given up being bothered by it. Besides, I can usually score free tickets for my family, even in a sellout.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 08:33 PM
Sorry to sound cynical, but...

At City Stadium, students would get their drink on at tailgate and be stuck downtown (yes, there are bars walking distance) so more would go into the game.

Now that the stadium's on campus, the kids can tailgate and keep the party going in the dorms and apartments. No bevs in the stadium.
All of our home games have been on TV, too.

It's lame, yeah, but like BigHouse I've given up being bothered by it. Besides, I can usually score free tickets for my family, even in a sellout.

You're not wrong...kinda. Drinkin ain't allowed in basically any college stadium. People just sneak it in. Students have been doing this for generations. you're not gonna convince me students are staying away to drink and watch the game on tv--student sections are usually pretty full (and plenty drunk) on televised games.

MacThor
November 2nd, 2016, 08:45 PM
Really?

Yes, we lost to Stony Brook. We **** the bed. They didn't "have their way" with us as much as you'd think - Total Yards was UR 443 - SBU 376. That wasn't garbage 4th quarter yards, either. Richmond had more first downs. We turned the ball over 4 times (Lauletta threw picks on 3 consecutive drives) all in Stony Brook territory, and they ran back the 2nd half kickoff.

Towson had Darius Victor when we played them. They haven't had him since. He was their entire offense. If JMU has a back that runs like that, it will give us trouble.

Anyway, I shouldn't need to defend UR's resume. We have two higher quality wins than JMU, yet are ranked behind them. Fine. Two of the three best CAA teams will meet on Saturday. Should be a great game.

MacThor
November 2nd, 2016, 08:51 PM
You're not wrong...kinda. Drinkin ain't allowed in basically any college stadium. People just sneak it in. Students have been doing this for generations. you're not gonna convince me students are staying away to drink and watch the game on tv--student sections are usually pretty full (and plenty drunk) on televised games.

Fair enough. I married a Florida Gator so I know all about "real" student sections. She compliments our "nice little stadium" and then keeps the rest of her opinions to herself. :)

DirtyDukes
November 2nd, 2016, 09:34 PM
Yes, we lost to Stony Brook. We **** the bed. They didn't "have their way" with us as much as you'd think - Total Yards was UR 443 - SBU 376. That wasn't garbage 4th quarter yards, either. Richmond had more first downs. We turned the ball over 4 times (Lauletta threw picks on 3 consecutive drives) all in Stony Brook territory, and they ran back the 2nd half kickoff.

Towson had Darius Victor when we played them. They haven't had him since. He was their entire offense. If JMU has a back that runs like that, it will give us trouble.

Anyway, I shouldn't need to defend UR's resume. We have two higher quality wins than JMU, yet are ranked behind them. Fine. Two of the three best CAA teams will meet on Saturday. Should be a great game.

I'm not knocking your quality wins, and I agree you have more than us. I was just taking offense to him saying we had mediocre wins against mediocre teams. I would say your loss is way worse than ours, which sometimes matters more to pollsters.

Also, we have 2 backs better than Victor. Maybe 3.

UNHWildcat18
November 2nd, 2016, 09:57 PM
does anyone have the defensive stats for each team?

ur2k
November 2nd, 2016, 10:15 PM
The gameday experience on campus is leaps and bounds better than at City Stadium. Traffic is a non issue.

I wish we didn't have a track, but oh well. And you don't build a stadium with the comfort of opposing teams in mind. We've split the opposing fans into the opposite sections of the visitors' side from Day 1, nothing new here for this game.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 2nd, 2016, 10:29 PM
does anyone have the defensive stats for each team?

Yes. CAaFootball.com

Stats page.

Stonewall D
November 3rd, 2016, 12:17 AM
Right now our students are a weird cross-section of brainiacs who never leave the library, international students, and jaded, rich Bret Easton Ellis characters. Not a lot of sports fans. We are trying to be UVA EAST
The place has gone to seed. When I was there UR was picked by a national publication at the 18th best party school in America. Now I feel sorry for them. No longer does the student government president grow pot in his closet under infra red lamps. Ah the good old days.

DirtyDukes
November 3rd, 2016, 09:04 AM
The place has gone to seed. When I was there UR was picked by a national publication at the 18th best party school in America. Now I feel sorry for them. No longer does the student government president grow pot in his closet under infra red lamps. Ah the good old days.

https://media.tenor.co/images/02f469dafa50eb2e491fafd0c485c7f5/tenor.gif

DirtyDukes
November 3rd, 2016, 09:48 AM
Guys there isn't nearly enough chatter for this game. Some questions for you all:

Schor - how much is hinging on his performance?
Pressure - We know Richmond's D is good but will JMU be able to generate pressure on Lauletta?
Atmosphere - Even though there's no College Gameday this year it's a big game - how will that affect players? More Penalties?
Timing - Would you rather be coming off a bye or coming off a game where you fired on all cylinders?
Technique - At this point in the season both teams are pretty sound, but anything you can see either team needs to work on?
Energy - Who has more energy, Dukes off a big win or UR off a bye?
Resolve - Houston has been talking a lot about finishing games - has UR had any problem with that?
Special Teams - Which team has the edge? I'm not sure I've heard much about UR ST.
Scoring D - Who do you think will score more on Defense?
Underdogs - With both teams being 6/7 in different polls who do you think is the underdog?
Control - TOP will be critical. JMU Scores fast and often - how has UR been at pounding out long sustained drives?
Knowledge - Gotta think Trott's knowledge of UR and UR's knowledge of Trott will play a role in this game.

KPSUL
November 3rd, 2016, 10:00 AM
Guys there isn't nearly enough chatter for this game. Some questions for you all:

Pressure - We know Richmond's D is good but will JMU be able to generate pressure on Lauletta?
Atmosphere - Will the Dukes have a letdown game in a tiny HS stadium?
Timing - Would you rather be coming off a bye or coming off a game where you fired on all cylinders?
Technique - At this point in the season both teams are pretty sound, but anything you can see either team needs to work on?
Resolve - Houston has been talking a lot about finishing games - has UR had any problem with that?
Special Teams - Which team has the edge? I'm not sure I've heard much about UR ST.
Underdogs - With both teams being 6/7 in different polls who do you think is the underdog?
Control - TOP will be critical. JMU Scores fast and often - how has UR been at pounding out long sustained drives?
Knowledge - Gotta think Trott's knowledge of UR and UR's knowledge of Trott will play a role in this game.

Good effort to elevate the conversion on this thread; but you couldn't resist sneaking in one more dig at the red sweater-vest boys : "Atmosphere - Will the Dukes have a letdown game in a tiny HS stadium?"

DirtyDukes
November 3rd, 2016, 10:04 AM
Good effort to elevate the conversion on this thread; but you couldn't resist sneaking in one more dig at the red sweater-vest boys : "Atmosphere - "
http://cdn7.larepublica.pe/sites/default/files/styles/img_620/public/imagen/2015/07/01/Noticia-12043-inception-ratones.jpg

DirtyDukes
November 3rd, 2016, 10:06 AM
Good effort to elevate the conversion on this thread; but you couldn't resist sneaking in one more dig at the red sweater-vest boys : "Atmosphere - "

Actually, you're right. I'll edit it.

If you'll edit it out of your post KPSUL it won't be there.

Matt
November 3rd, 2016, 10:24 AM
Good effort to elevate the conversion on this thread; but you couldn't resist sneaking in one more dig at the red sweater-vest boys : "Atmosphere - Will the Dukes have a letdown game in a tiny HS stadium?"
hurtful but lol at the red sweater vest. Happy to report I don't own one and never will. Also im probably the youngest season ticket holder by like thirty years. sigh...

DirtyDukes
November 3rd, 2016, 10:27 AM
hurtful but lol at the red sweater vest. Happy to report I don't own one and never will. Also im probably the youngest season ticket holder by like thirty years. sigh...

Well now it will always be here. :p

SkinsWizDukes
November 3rd, 2016, 10:29 AM

Atmosphere - Even though there's no College Gameday this year it's a big game - how will that affect players? More Penalties?

http://i.imgur.com/0mKXcg1.gif

DirtyDukes
November 3rd, 2016, 10:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0mKXcg1.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3d/f7/9e/3df79e054a6312b04fbdd12d78b1cf60.gif

Matt
November 3rd, 2016, 10:43 AM

Here's my .02, in order:
-i think the obvious gameplan here will be to load the box, and count on our secondary (who have been excellent and allow the fewest yards in FCS) to not let Schor beat us. If ya'll move the ball in the air, we are in trouble. My impression is that Schor is not particularly mobile which bodes well. Running QBs have long been an achilles for us. So, a LOT of this hinges on schor. he might be your most important player in this game
-Ive said this a couple times already: if lauletta makes quick throws, i dont foresee a lot of pressure. Our OL is pretty big for FCS and very good
-you guys are jerks about our stadium. big jerks.
-i think both teams would prefer the situation they are in. we are banged up. Going straight to this game after nova and elon, we wouldve lost like 35-17, i bet. rest week is huge here.
-we need to work on kick coverage (as always), kickoff more than punt. teams have been starting a lot of drives at like the 30-35. And lauletta needs to not try and force things bc it will lead to TOs. Otherwise we have been very sound. We're good at creating turnovers--idk how often JMU coughs it up.
-weve finished games well except for albany. long TD inside two minutes put things into OT there, but alls well that ends well
-Special teams: see above. Our kicker and punter are both very sound. return guys are quick and sure-handed.
-Scoring D- dont know enough about JMU's D to say. Like i said, we create turnovers. I think we've gotten at least one in every game but am not going to look that up. I have a feeling Omar Howard is gonna have a big day.
-we are the underdog, but only slightly. if you look at our injuries, and take into account the history of the matchup plus what happened last year, most neutral observers would pick JMU (as we saw in CAA Pick'em). I look forward to BigHouse calling me a pussy.
-we have a very good ability to play dink and dunk and eat up clock, and we also are always a threat for a quick score. You remember Lauletta-Brown from last year. They havent let off the gas at all this year. We are on our third RB, which you would think might make it difficult to move the ball on the ground, but we havent slowed at all. Deontez Thompson has been FOTW twice in 3 starts, and has gone obver 100 in both. Thats a testament to him and to how good our line is.
-As someone else pointed out yesterday, Trott has his CBs play way off the receivers. Lauletta will take 6-8 yards every time and hes very accurate. Thompson also catches well (checkdowns and screens) and our WRs block well. So either youre going to be vulnerable short or Trott will adjust and you'll be vulnerable over the top (we have 2 maybe 3 serious deep threats).

Im probably not saying anything profound and maybe you knew all of this (and im sure ive left out obvious stuff), but these are my thoughts. Care to share yours?

Stonewall D
November 3rd, 2016, 10:48 AM
Just to add. UR special teams are a problem, especially on kick offs. Often the return team can get big returns on kick-offs. Sometimes our kicks are shallow, sometimes are players are out of position.

DirtyDukes
November 3rd, 2016, 10:58 AM
Here's my .02, in order:
-i think the obvious gameplan here will be to load the box, and count on our secondary (who have been excellent and allow the fewest yards in FCS) to not let Schor beat us. If ya'll move the ball in the air, we are in trouble. My impression is that Schor is not particularly mobile which bodes well. Running QBs have long been an achilles for us. So, a LOT of this hinges on schor. he might be your most important player in this game
-Ive said this a couple times already: if lauletta makes quick throws, i dont foresee a lot of pressure. Our OL is pretty big for FCS and very good
-you guys are jerks about our stadium. big jerks.
-i think both teams would prefer the situation they are in. we are banged up. Going straight to this game after nova and elon, we wouldve lost like 35-17, i bet. rest week is huge here.
-we need to work on kick coverage (as always), kickoff more than punt. teams have been starting a lot of drives at like the 30-35. And lauletta needs to not try and force things bc it will lead to TOs. Otherwise we have been very sound. We're good at creating turnovers--idk how often JMU coughs it up.
-weve finished games well except for albany. long TD inside two minutes put things into OT there, but alls well that ends well
-Special teams: see above. Our kicker and punter are both very sound. return guys are quick and sure-handed.
-Scoring D- dont know enough about JMU's D to say. Like i said, we create turnovers. I think we've gotten at least one in every game but am not going to look that up. I have a feeling Omar Howard is gonna have a big day.
-we are the underdog, but only slightly. if you look at our injuries, and take into account the history of the matchup plus what happened last year, most neutral observers would pick JMU (as we saw in CAA Pick'em). I look forward to BigHouse calling me a pussy.
-we have a very good ability to play dink and dunk and eat up clock, and we also are always a threat for a quick score. You remember Lauletta-Brown from last year. They havent let off the gas at all this year. We are on our third RB, which you would think might make it difficult to move the ball on the ground, but we havent slowed at all. Deontez Thompson has been FOTW twice in 3 starts, and has gone obver 100 in both. Thats a testament to him and to how good our line is.
-As someone else pointed out yesterday, Trott has his CBs play way off the receivers. Lauletta will take 6-8 yards every time and hes very accurate. Thompson also catches well (checkdowns and screens) and our WRs block well. So either youre going to be vulnerable short or Trott will adjust and you'll be vulnerable over the top (we have 2 maybe 3 serious deep threats).

Im probably not saying anything profound and maybe you knew all of this (and im sure ive left out obvious stuff), but these are my thoughts. Care to share yours?

I'd love to - hopefully it's okay if I respond to yours:

Got to think Schor will come to play. Also he's very mobile when he has the space.
OLs have given us trouble this year, but we blitz a lot to get around that.
Definitely we are jerks.
Under the circumstances, I agree with you - rest week was huge.
Kick returns are big for us, punts as well.
Except for UNH I feel like we did as well.
Special teams - I also feel good about our kicker and punter.

I'd respond to the rest but it'd mess up this whole thing.

Matt
November 3rd, 2016, 11:14 AM
i got got. **** i wish id noticed before responding, couldve been a good bit if id responded in kind.