PDA

View Full Version : Field Markings

Milktruck74
October 22nd, 2016, 02:40 PM
Watching the Citadel at Wofford and notice the tight NFL hash marks. Since The Panthers do their camps there. Wondering how many other FCS fields have NFL markings on their fields?

Libertine
October 23rd, 2016, 02:14 PM
Watching the Citadel at Wofford and notice the tight NFL hash marks. Since The Panthers do their camps there. Wondering how many other FCS fields have NFL markings on their fields?

How many would you like? I have a can of white spray paint and I'm quick on my feet.

Milktruck74
October 23rd, 2016, 02:27 PM
Just get started, I'll tell you when to stop. Apparently I'm the only one that ponders these type of things....

JayJ79
October 23rd, 2016, 02:34 PM
how does it compare to FCS fields with soccer/lacrosse/field-hockey markings or a running track around the outside?

Hammersmith
October 23rd, 2016, 02:37 PM
how does it compare to FCS fields with soccer/lacrosse/field-hockey markings or a running track around the outside?

Or FCS fields that are also used for HS games and have the wider hash marks as well?

JayJ79
October 23rd, 2016, 06:55 PM
Or FCS fields that are also used for HS games and have the wider hash marks as well?
High school games (regular season for CFHS, and the semifinals and finals of the state playoffs) are played in the UNI Dome, yet they only have one set of hash marks.

I haven't been to a high school game there for almost 20 years, so I wonder if they just use the college marks or if they do something different.

Milktruck74
October 24th, 2016, 06:32 AM
High school games (regular season for CFHS, and the semifinals and finals of the state playoffs) are played in the UNI Dome, yet they only have one set of hash marks.

I haven't been to a high school game there for almost 20 years, so I wonder if they just use the college marks or if they do something different.

I think the biggest difference for HS playing on a college field would be the Goal post being thinner. The Hash marks don't really make much of a difference, but the 6' closer uprights might. I wonder if they are adjustable?

UNIFanSince1983
October 24th, 2016, 06:48 AM
I think the biggest difference for HS playing on a college field would be the Goal post being thinner. The Hash marks don't really make much of a difference, but the 6' closer uprights might. I wonder if they are adjustable?

Yes they use the college width hash marks, and the goal posts are adjustable width.

walliver
October 24th, 2016, 08:18 AM
The extra hash marks are high school hash marks. Usually the high school markings are removed prior to Wofford games, but this game was an early start and that wasn't done. The goalposts are not adjustable.

Fortunately, Spartanburg High School is building a new campus with a stadium, and only has one more year tearing up our field. Unfortunately, women's lacrosse starts next year and there may be more stray marks on the field.

OSBF
October 24th, 2016, 12:34 PM
When we spent all that coin on the major stadium renovations I was amazed we didn't spend what I'm assuming would amount to just a little more to include the Line of scrimmage and yard to gain indicators like you see on TV:D

Milktruck74
October 24th, 2016, 02:38 PM
The extra hash marks are high school hash marks. Usually the high school markings are removed prior to Wofford games, but this game was an early start and that wasn't done. The goalposts are not adjustable.

Fortunately, Spartanburg High School is building a new campus with a stadium, and only has one more year tearing up our field. Unfortunately, women's lacrosse starts next year and there may be more stray marks on the field.

Interesting. I thought they were NFL marks inside the College marks...Guess I should stop drinking so much!!! Naaaaahhhhh.

walliver
October 24th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Interesting. I thought they were NFL marks inside the College marks...Guess I should stop drinking so much!!! Naaaaahhhhh.

We play on grass so any markings for the Panthers would have worn off months ago. Although the way the Panthers are playing now, they might need to think about playing in a smaller stadium.

kdinva
October 24th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Canton's H O F stadium has all three levels of hash marks....