PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State at Northern Iowa

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2016, 11:41 AM
Rumor is Bailey will not start at QB for UNI. We'll see. Hopefully no rotating QB garbage.

BisonFan02
October 22nd, 2016, 12:15 PM
Rumor is Bailey will not start at QB for UNI. We'll see. Hopefully no rotating QB garbage.

I would say almost a 100% chance it happens.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 12:30 PM
I would say almost a 100% chance it happens.
Would absolutely be the most Farely thing to do.

clenz
October 22nd, 2016, 12:53 PM
And Bailey is taking all the pregame 1 snaps.

Farley feels he has free reign to run a QB circus again

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 01:10 PM
Fire Farley save UNI.

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 01:11 PM
Northern Iowa intercepts the opening play from scrimmage; runs the ball to the Missouri State 5 yard line.

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 01:12 PM
Also, Bailey not starting today...

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 01:14 PM
Northern Iowa makes an 18 yard field goal

UNI 3
MSU 0

Early first quarter

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 01:18 PM
Missouri State already at the 45 yard line.

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 01:20 PM
Missouri State QB slips, sack UNI. 2nd and 20 now

BisonTru
October 22nd, 2016, 01:27 PM
So who's playing QB for UNI?

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 01:29 PM
So who's playing QB for UNI?

Dunn. Farley is actually trying to win a game. Maybe his job is in jeopardy.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2016, 01:30 PM
45 yard bomb by Dunne.

- - - Updated - - -

Followed by a 2 yd TD!

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 01:32 PM
I am not saying Dunne is Wentz but boy that throw looked very Wentz like. This is the guy Bailey played ahead of? 10-0 UNI

BisonTru
October 22nd, 2016, 01:33 PM
So is Dunne more of a pocket passer or a dual threat or mix?

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 01:34 PM
I am not saying Dunn is Wentz but boy that throw looked very Wentz like. This is the guy Bailey played ahead of? 10-0 UNI
Hence Clenz's constant frustration...

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 01:36 PM
So is Dunne more of a pocket passer or a dual threat or mix?

Pocket passer, I haven't seen him run. Probably can scramble but he isn't going to run TD's.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2016, 01:38 PM
Another 40+ yard completion by Dunne

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 01:39 PM
Freaking UNI now going to play the spoiler in the MVFC with Dunne.

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 01:39 PM
Another 40+ yard completion by Dunne
ESPN 3 feed must be behind...

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 01:41 PM
Northern Iowa with a 1 yard TD run

UNI 17
MSU 0

3:03 left in the 1st quarter

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2016, 01:44 PM
UNI finally found a QB. I am just waiting for Farley to get in his own way and find a way to put Bailey back in.

If Dunne can show up and they sweep through, this could be a nightmare of a match-up for any team.

neverobeyed
October 22nd, 2016, 01:44 PM
Hence Clenz's constant frustration...

Yep. It felt as if Farley wanted to be fired.

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 01:46 PM
Yep. It felt as if Farley wanted to be fired.

If, big if, Dunn looks the same all year, UNI could easily run the table including NDSU.

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 01:47 PM
If, big if, Dunn looks the same all year, UNI could easily run the table including NDSU.
I'm certainly cheering for that scenario!

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 01:49 PM
Northern Iowa is a completely different team with Dunne at QB...they have a spark now!

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2016, 01:49 PM
Over 100 yards passing in one quarter. SMH.

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 01:50 PM
Bring back Bailey, in Farley I trust.

neverobeyed
October 22nd, 2016, 01:52 PM

Just one quarter so far, but it is opening up the offense like we haven't seen for years. Passes to the flat, two long throws, going through progession s, finding the check down reciever .... stuff he showed in the spring game in 2015 (yes, 18 months ago).

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2016, 01:54 PM
24-0. What was the NDSU-MSU score at this point?

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 01:55 PM
24-0 UNI. And this Missouri State team isn't as bad as usual.

ST_Lawson
October 22nd, 2016, 01:56 PM
Jesus....can I request that they play Bailey when UNI comes to Macomb....please?

MSUDuo
October 22nd, 2016, 01:56 PM
See guys, I told you all you needed was a game against MSU to get back on track! Now this is the Bears team that we are used to. Hopefully no more false hope this season... xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

ST_Lawson
October 22nd, 2016, 01:58 PM
24-0. What was the NDSU-MSU score at this point?

3-3 early in the 2nd for NDSU at MSU

Thumper 76
OH GOOD. I WAS HOPING UNI WOULD BE FIGHTING FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT AT HOME FOR THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON.

****ers.

grizband
Jesus....can I request that they play Bailey when UNI comes to Macomb....please?
Think how their fans must feel right now...all four of their losses have come by less than a touchdown.

ST_Lawson
October 22nd, 2016, 02:01 PM
Think how their fans must feel right now...all four of their losses have come by less than a touchdown.

well, they were feeling pretty apathetic: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/apathy-where-do-we-uni-fans-go-from-here/

but now that they have proof that they could have had a shot at winning a lot of those games, they're probably about ready to throw their TVs out the window...either that or burn down Farley's house.

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 02:01 PM
Terrible blocking by MSU.

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 02:03 PM
well, they were feeling pretty apathetic: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/apathy-where-do-we-uni-fans-go-from-here/

but now that they have proof that they could have had a shot at winning a lot of those games, they're probably about ready to throw their TVs out the window...either that or burn down Farley's house.
This is exactly where I was going with that statement. UNI has the makings of a good football team this year, it seems Farley just needs to get out of his own way.

IBleedYellow
October 22nd, 2016, 02:04 PM
This is exactly where I was going with that statement. UNI has the makings of a good football team this year, it seems Farley just needs to get out of his own way.
That's UNI football every year, though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 02:07 PM
UNI steal NDSU's playbook?

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 02:08 PM
31-0

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 02:09 PM
Now 31-0 Northern Iowa

7:57 left in the 2nd quarter

neverobeyed
October 22nd, 2016, 02:11 PM

Same as it ever was.

FargoBison
October 22nd, 2016, 02:13 PM
Of course UNI would find the next Kurt Warner the week before we play them.

clenz
October 22nd, 2016, 02:13 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161022/dabb8f5dfdefa94f11e21280da8593fe.png

Is this good?

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2016, 02:14 PM
So after this game, Farley calms the dissenters and starts Bailey against NDSU, honors his promise to Bailey, and then craps the bed? I like that idea.

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 02:15 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161022/dabb8f5dfdefa94f11e21280da8593fe.png

Is this good?
It's certainly not bad...! xthumbsupx

Glad you can enjoy watching a game, Clenz!

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 02:18 PM
Of course UNI would find the next Kurt Warner the week before we play them.

They've already had him, Farley just needed to stop over thinking it. Unless, I see 5 TD win vs WIU today, UNI is the favorite next week vs NDSU.

grizband
October 22nd, 2016, 02:21 PM
Missouri State finally gets on the board with a textbook hook and ladder play

UNI 31
MSU 7

2:47 left in the 2nd quarter

UNI Pike
October 22nd, 2016, 04:34 PM
So after this game, Farley calms the dissenters and starts Bailey against NDSU, honors his promise to Bailey, and then craps the bed? I like that idea.

If Bailey starts next week, expect a live TV re-enactment of JFK's drive through DFW. And Bailey would definitely not be the target.

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 05:04 PM
You might want to take that down Pike. All it takes is one person to see that as a threat.

UNI Pike
October 22nd, 2016, 05:10 PM
I think you are confusing me with Lakes

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2016, 05:13 PM
Sad that after a big win like that I am mostly frustrated/angry with the crap we had to endure to get to this point.

UNI Pike
October 22nd, 2016, 05:28 PM
I understand that MSU is not NDSU by any stretch. MSU has improved with the new HC, but still is a 3-4 win team at best this year.

The UNI offense looked like a completely different team. Like going from the Bears to the Patriots in one week. I'm still trying to square how Farely didn't make this move sooner.

Bison56
October 22nd, 2016, 05:45 PM
Sad that after a big win like that I am mostly frustrated/angry with the crap we had to endure to get to this point.

I would think you would be used to it, hasn't it been like this the last few years, by mid season UNIs offense gets it figured out?

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2016, 06:00 PM
Just got back from the Jacks game. What the heck happened to UNI, did they finally get pissed??

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2016, 06:04 PM
I would think you would be used to it, hasn't it been like this the last few years, by mid season UNIs offense gets it figured out?

This isn't a matter of figuring things out. This is putting in the much better quarterback who apparently runs an entirely different offense.

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 06:17 PM
This isn't a matter of figuring things out. This is putting in the much better quarterback who apparently runs an entirely different offense.

The fact that it looks like UNI can run 2 different offenses is crazy on it's own. Today looked like a lot of pro sets.

Bisonator
October 22nd, 2016, 07:30 PM
Looks like UNI is back just in time for the NDSU game. xrolleyesx

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 07:38 PM
Looks like UNI is back just in time for the NDSU game. xrolleyesx

The Farley special.

Schism55
October 22nd, 2016, 07:43 PM
Wow, just saw this score. Congrats on the blowout win UNI!
How did Farley now know they had this guy? That's an terrible indictment of his judgement.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2016, 07:59 PM
The fact that it looks like UNI can run 2 different offenses is crazy on it's own. Today looked like a lot of pro sets.

We we debating what was up because there was no way we put in so many new wrinkles in one week. Clenz thinks they have been practicing a different offense to prepare Dunne for the future and hope Bailey can run that offense. Hard to argue at this point.

clenz
October 22nd, 2016, 08:25 PM
We we debating what was up because there was no way we put in so many new wrinkles in one week. Clenz thinks they have been practicing a different offense to prepare Dunne for the future and hope Bailey can run that offense. Hard to argue at this point.

There's no other explanation.

You don't just randomly throw out an ENTIRE new look on one week practice.

This game was the first time all year a snap was taken from the information that wasn't a goal to go situation.

You don't randomly just add WR screens, drag routes, screens, flare routes, etc.... with brand new personnel packages while shifting formation at the LOS in one week

The only logical explanation is Dunne and Bailey had, rightfully so, different play books. Or Bailey wasn't given a book. He was given a pamphlet with 3 run plays and 3 pass plays. That's all that would be run. I actually don't doubt that.

Notice how the OL, which has been bad, looked pretty good today? Yeah. That's because they know the QB is going to be in a pocket they form. They were comfortable setting up for him.

If this was all on one week install, holy ****. Why did it not happen sooner and what the hell are Eli capable of?

A large portion of his yards were YAC. That didn't happen with Bailey because the passes weren't designed to be able to get YAC and because Bailey had no touch. The 61 yard touchdown to Allen was maybe 8 yards in air BUT it came after Dunne sat in the pocket and read 4 routes. Pressure came and he escaped to the right while keeping his shoulders square and eyes downfield. The back side drag route followed him and he touch passes it so that it could be in stride and allow Allen to do what he did. That play, without all of the other things, shows the difference.

Dunne hit the check down guy a lot today. That's amazing because it means he read 3 or 4 routes and made the right choice all in about 4 seconds. He got the ball in the hands of Malloy, Allen or Smith in open space.

I don't know how well it plays he rest of the year but this is what we were "promised" when we were told Salmon and Mahaffey were running the offense. This is what UNI looked like with Petrie, Sanders and Grace.

Need a better run game next week but damn this was actually fun to watch for the first time since about 08 or 09

neverobeyed
October 22nd, 2016, 08:46 PM

I had the same thought.

neverobeyed
October 22nd, 2016, 08:53 PM
There's no other explanation.

You don't just randomly throw out an ENTIRE new look on one week practice.

This game was the first time all year a snap was taken from the information that wasn't a goal to go situation.

You don't randomly just add WR screens, drag routes, screens, flare routes, etc.... with brand new personnel packages while shifting formation at the LOS in one week

The only logical explanation is Dunne and Bailey had, rightfully so, different play books. Or Bailey wasn't given a book. He was given a pamphlet with 3 run plays and 3 pass plays. That's all that would be run. I actually don't doubt that.

Notice how the OL, which has been bad, looked pretty good today? Yeah. That's because they know the QB is going to be in a pocket they form. They were comfortable setting up for him.

If this was all on one week install, holy ****. Why did it not happen sooner and what the hell are Eli capable of?

A large portion of his yards were YAC. That didn't happen with Bailey because the passes weren't designed to be able to get YAC and because Bailey had no touch. The 61 yard touchdown to Allen was maybe 8 yards in air BUT it came after Dunne sat in the pocket and read 4 routes. Pressure came and he escaped to the right while keeping his shoulders square and eyes downfield. The back side drag route followed him and he touch passes it so that it could be in stride and allow Allen to do what he did. That play, without all of the other things, shows the difference.

Dunne hit the check down guy a lot today. That's amazing because it means he read 3 or 4 routes and made the right choice all in about 4 seconds. He got the ball in the hands of Malloy, Allen or Smith in open space.

I don't know how well it plays he rest of the year but this is what we were "promised" when we were told Salmon and Mahaffey were running the offense. This is what UNI looked like with Petrie, Sanders and Grace.

Need a better run game next week but damn this was actually fun to watch for the first time since about 08 or 09

Was so giddy to hear the announcer use the phrase, "check down." And it was on UNI's second drive.

Teared up a bit, too.

clenz
October 22nd, 2016, 09:03 PM
Was so giddy to hear the announcer use the phrase, "check down." And it was on UNI's second drive.

Teared up a bit, too.

I came across an abundance of man honey in my joy

BisonFan02
October 22nd, 2016, 09:10 PM
I came across an abundance of man honey in my joy

Cheetos

clenz
October 22nd, 2016, 09:35 PM
Cheetos

Yes. Also also involved

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 09:41 PM
Yes. Also also involved
You and your man honey cheetos smh

Bisonwinagn
October 22nd, 2016, 09:47 PM

They've just been waiting all year to get ready for the NDSU game. There has been no doubt all year that UNI will play their best game of the season next week. I think it's all a set up.

Bisonator
October 22nd, 2016, 09:57 PM
They've just been waiting all year to get ready for the NDSU game. There has been no doubt all year that UNI will play their best game of the season next week. I think it's all a set up.
Hopefully they blew their wad against MSU like clenz.xlolx