PDA

View Full Version : #7 Richmond @ Elon

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 17th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Spiders need to TCOB heading into the bye.

Where's the best place for a visitor to tailgate down there?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 19th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Are there any Elon fans alive out there?

flyrod
October 19th, 2016, 11:11 AM
try this board
http://elonphans.proboards.com/

Stonewall D
October 19th, 2016, 12:41 PM
try this board
http://elonphans.proboards.com/
I tried posting a few messages over there. In particular I noted how devastated our defensive backfield was (almost all of the starters are out). Coach Rocco stated on the sportsline yesterday that he was really unsure how to approach it, because UR is now very thin.
Their response was "I think his decision is to kick the crap out of his opponent..."

Read more: http://elonphans.proboards.com/thread/3583/richmond-elon#ixzz4NYPGEp00

Matt
October 19th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Have a feeling this is going to be a LOT closer than it should be. We haven't played well on the road since week 1, and we haven't really played that well IN GENERAL outside of week 1 and 7. That plus injuries plus Lauletta's inevitable two picks plus looking ahead to JMU, i have a feeling this could end up being a one score game. Hope I'm wrong.

KPSUL
October 19th, 2016, 03:22 PM

I believe the only option without a special pass is the McMichael Center Parking Lot. You can back up to grassy areas on the sides of the lot. Maybe old news, since my last visit was 2014, hopefully an Elon fan will post something too.

ElonFirefighter
October 19th, 2016, 03:36 PM
http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/elon.sidearmsports.com/documents/2016/8/30/homecoming_fw.pdf?id=3409

Tailgating is down this season, not sure what HC will bring. The lot across the street from the stadium, behind it, in front of it and the 4th inside the red box but closest to the stadium are all Phoenix Club lots and are closed. Every lot with a Stop sign I believe is first come first serve $10. The closest Stop in the center of the screen is probably the best Non Phoenix Club and visitor Tail Gate area. That is the McMichael Parking lot. Safe Travels.

Gangtackle11
October 19th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Just there a few weeks ago. McMichael lot is the best bet for visitors. Just ask staff & they will direct you there.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 19th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Have a feeling this is going to be a LOT closer than it should be. We haven't played well on the road since week 1, and we haven't really played that well IN GENERAL outside of week 1 and 7. That plus injuries plus Lauletta's inevitable two picks plus looking ahead to JMU, i have a feeling this could end up being a one score game. Hope I'm wrong.

Richmond fans are some of the sand baggiest sand baggers that ever existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any good strip clubs in town? Asking for a friend.

MacThor
October 19th, 2016, 06:46 PM

It all depends on the bathrooms.

Stonewall D
October 19th, 2016, 08:14 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Are there any good strip clubs in town? Asking for a friend.
It all depends on the location of the bathrooms.

jmufan999
October 19th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Have a feeling this is going to be a LOT closer than it should be.

come on, dude. if you struggle with Elon, you've got issues. you believe you're a contender, right? win by at least 14-17 on a bad day. you can't shut out Villanova then struggle with Elon.

Matt
October 20th, 2016, 12:45 PM
come on, dude. if you struggle with Elon, you've got issues. you believe you're a contender, right? win by at least 14-17 on a bad day. you can't shut out Villanova then struggle with Elon.

Contenders for what? National championship? No. Not without Jones. Yeah, we should kill em. I explained why I think we might not.

- - - Updated - - -

Richmond fans are some of the sand baggiest sand baggers that ever existed.

I own it.

Schism55
October 20th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Look up trap game in the dictionary, will show pic of this game.
Should be a blow out, but expect Elon to play well and keep it relatively tight.

Gangtackle11
October 20th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Should be a blow out, but expect Elon to play well and keep it relatively tight.
I understand trap game, but I saw Elon & Richmond in the last 3 weeks. Richmond's 2nd team beats Elon by 2-3 scores. It may take them awhile to get going, but this one will be over by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Of course, Rocco will likely punch in a meaningless TD instead of taking a knee to make it look really bad. xpeacex

CaryNCDuke
October 21st, 2016, 06:37 AM

Trap game... I think we all know the biggest trap is uri @jmu. Haven't played them in years and Richmond the following week off a bye. I'm worried that we'll be flat looking ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

32counter
October 21st, 2016, 07:02 AM
[QUOTE=CaryNCDuke;2396827]Trap game... I think we all know the biggest trap is uri @jmu. Haven't played them in years and Richmond the following week off a bye. I'm worried that we'll be flat looking ahead.

JMU gets 2 consecutive bye weeks to prepare for UR.

RootinFerDukes
October 21st, 2016, 07:41 AM
Trap game... I think we all know the biggest trap is uri @jmu. Haven't played them in years and Richmond the following week off a bye. I'm worried that we'll be flat looking ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JMU is at home against URI, is 28 pt favorites and just squeaked by UNH by a field goal after squandering a 30 point lead with 10 minutes remaining. What part of "we just got humbled defensively" screams "we won't be ready to hit someone"? We'll be ready. URI is barely better than Morehead State or CCSU.

Matt
October 21st, 2016, 01:58 PM
JMU is at home against URI, is 28 pt favorites and just squeaked by UNH by a field goal after squandering a 30 point lead with 10 minutes remaining. What part of "we just got humbled defensively" screams "we won't be ready to hit someone"? We'll be ready. URI is barely better than Morehead State or CCSU.

JMU 58-7

Stonewall D
October 22nd, 2016, 08:59 AM
JMU 58-7
URI 58 JMU 7

KPSUL
October 22nd, 2016, 09:18 AM
JMU is engineered to run up a big win against a team like URI.

jmufan999
October 22nd, 2016, 10:35 AM
why are people talking about JMU during its open week in a Richmond/Elon thread? seems odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt
October 22nd, 2016, 01:08 PM
why are people talking about JMU during its open week in a Richmond/Elon thread? seems odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just love you guys so much. Can't help it.

RootinFerDukes
October 22nd, 2016, 03:56 PM
Shocked to see UR only lead Elon 6-0 at the half.

Matt
October 22nd, 2016, 04:12 PM

This is what we do. I wasn't trying to pull a reverse jinx, I was honestly nervous. We should be fine bc Elon seems inept on offense but we fkn beg to lose these games.

bostonspider
October 22nd, 2016, 04:28 PM
It is now 21-0

RootinFerDukes
October 22nd, 2016, 04:32 PM
This is what we do. I wasn't trying to pull a reverse jinx, I was honestly nervous. We should be fine bc Elon seems inept on offense but we fkn beg to lose these games.

Yeah it was never in doubt simply because as bad as UR's first half was, Elon did nothing offensively. Did they even get more than a first down or two?

bostonspider
October 22nd, 2016, 04:36 PM
28-0

seattlespider
October 22nd, 2016, 05:02 PM
35-7 and Richmond has backups in now.

SpiderJPO
October 23rd, 2016, 08:31 AM
Hey Matt, you have itsy bitsy spider syndrome. This team is for real because it's a seasoned physical squad built to pound you or beat you with quick strikes. Most importantly the team finds a way to win. Don't speak for Spider fans that we expect JMU to be favored. We expect to win out get a top 4 seed and have David Jones back in January for a National Championship Game. If it doesn't happen, so be it but I will at least think it until proven wrong.

MR. CHICKEN
October 23rd, 2016, 08:44 AM

..IT'S WHAA...IT GOES FOR.....FOUR Q'S..................AWK!