View Full Version : #11 Youngstown State @ #7 South Dakota State

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Huge game for the conference race, playoff seeds, and everything else. Should be a crazy atmosphere with it being Hobo Day in Brookings. Both teams coming off of emotional last minute theatrics and are banged up in different ways.

SDSUs defense has shown flashes of being good and then many times of being bad. Meanwhile the YSU offense hasn't shown to be able to do much other than run the ball. YSU has a great defense against the run, and a talented defensive line that will give the Jacks offensive line a challenge for the second week in a row. Will Bo be able to come up with an answer for the Jacks three headed monster on offense? Will SDSU finally win a Hobo Day game for the first time after losing four in a row? SDSU also has a history of laying eggs when they get ranked in the top ten. Should be a fun one with 19,000 in attendance or I will be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRevSFA
October 17th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Why is Hobo day such a big deal?

Edit - Oh wait, it's homecoming. quick research could have answered that.

I look forward to this game.

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Why is Hobo day such a big deal?

Edit - Oh wait, it's homecoming. quick research could have answered that.

I look forward to this game.

Biggest one day event in South Dakota. Lot of cool history behind it.

TheRevSFA
October 17th, 2016, 02:11 PM

I read the Wikipedia page on it. Sounds like a trip worth taking.

POD Knows
October 17th, 2016, 02:50 PM

Which is a testament to how lame South Dakota is. :D

Bison56
October 17th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Wonder if SDSU will have a let down?

ytownchief22
October 17th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Looking forward to the matchup !

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Which is a testament to how lame South Dakota is. :D
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/780a07ff9e19682a242c9c9288e71243.jpg

Wonder if SDSU will have a let down?
That's my fear. YSU is just as susceptible to that happening after their UNI game as well though.

I read the Wikipedia page on it. Sounds like a trip worth taking.

It is. After being in Fargo for their homecoming week, Hobo Day and Hobo Week are really on another level of schenanigans. xlolx

F'N Hawks
October 17th, 2016, 03:28 PM
SDSU is tougher than hell on Hobo Days, no matter how they are playing. I remember they slaughtered UND in late 90s/early 2000s on Hobo Days (I think) when UND was undefeated and ranked high.

POD Knows
October 17th, 2016, 03:29 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/780a07ff9e19682a242c9c9288e71243.jpg

That's my fear. YSU is just as susceptible to that happening after their UNI game as well though.

It is. After being in Fargo for their homecoming week, Hobo Day and Hobo Week are really on another level of schenanigans. xlolx

Homecoming at NDSU is lame. Always the deadest crowd of the year as well.

mango433
October 17th, 2016, 03:32 PM
SDSU is tougher than hell on Hobo Days, no matter how they are playing. I remember they slaughtered UND in late 90s/early 2000s on Hobo Days (I think) when UND was undefeated and ranked high.

Except, SDSU has lost 4 in a row on Hobo Day

F'N Hawks
October 17th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Except, SDSU has lost 4 in a row on Hobo Day

have they?? haha. Just remember them being tough years ago. Obviously haven't paid attention for awhile.

Terry2889
October 17th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Game of the Week anyone?

Daved
October 17th, 2016, 05:02 PM
In past years YSU has always gotten beat badly by those bunnies in what were supposed to be close games---YSU's defense will definitely be tested--this will be their toughest test since losing to #12 WVU.

POD Knows
October 17th, 2016, 05:14 PM
This is going to be a blow out, SDSU by 14+

mmiller_34
October 17th, 2016, 06:17 PM
This is going to be a blow out, SDSU by 14+

No, it will be the opposite. I was surprised by my Jacks last week. But in the recent years we have laid an egg on Hobo Day. Also, I feel like SDSU doesn't know how to play as a highly ranked squad yet when it matters most. Seems like whenever we break the top ten we slip up. I hope I'm wrong, but just going with what I know in the past and how I feel.

As as of right now there are 16,500ish tickets sold in the bowl. I think there are just over 1500 left to be sold. We won't get over 19,000 -- I don't think they sold out on Club/Loge seats and you can't buy single game tickets there. So I'd say the max attendance we could have is 18,500ish.

That being said, I've been really impressed with the gains in attendance this year. I know the guys up North dog on us, but that's to be expected. Currently we are averaging 15,500ish per game.-- that is about 5,000 more per game than we have averaged in the past. I think last year our Military Appreciation game was pitiful--like 9,800-- or something like that. This year it was over 14,000 and that has been our least attended game this year.

POD Knows
October 17th, 2016, 06:24 PM
No, it will be the opposite. I was surprised by my Jacks last week. But in the recent years we have laid an egg on Hobo Day. Also, I feel like SDSU doesn't know how to play as a highly ranked squad yet when it matters most. Seems like whenever we break the top ten we slip up. I hope I'm wrong, but just going with what I know in the past and how I feel.

As as of right now there are 16,500ish tickets sold in the bowl. I think there are just over 1500 left to be sold. We won't get over 19,000 -- I don't think they sold out on Club/Loge seats and you can't buy single game tickets there. So I'd say the max attendance we could have is 18,500ish.

Isn't YSU down to a third string QB? What does your ticket sales or lack thereof have to do with my post? SDSU's skill players on offense are light years ahead of the rest of the conference, NDSU included. Get a grip.

Now, that being said, I hope SDSU lays a big stinky deuce on Saturday.

Kemo
October 17th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Isn't YSU down to a third string QB? What does your ticket sales or lack thereof have to do with my post? SDSU's skill players on offense are light years ahead of the rest of the conference, NDSU included. Get a grip.

I agree that the Jacks have the best skill players in the Valley (maybe not by light years), but the best way to slow them down is to beat SDSU at the line of scrimmage. The biggest worry I have for this game is that YSU might have the best DL (at least the best DE combo) in the Valley, and if they can get to Christion regularly, they may limit the effectiveness of Wieneke and Goedert. SDSU's O-line has risen up to the challenge when squaring off against the talented D-lines of NDSU and TCU, so that does ease my concern some, but it's still there none-the-less.

I will add that if YSU rolls out with that 3rd string QB this weekend, I'll be significantly less worried about the game unless we can't stop the run at all ala Cal Poly.

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2016, 07:04 PM
YSU with their first string QB...I think you guys would have yourselves a game, but down to #3?...I don't think so. I haven't dug into the stats and stuff too deeply yet (going to do that tomorrow for my thefcswedge.com MVFC preview article) but just going off of what I've seen so far from the two teams, I think that the YSU D-line will be able to limit SDSU's offense somewhat, but they'll still be able to put up some points. The pass defense isn't as good as the run defense, and that's obviously SDSU's strength...you get Jake and the Tank out into space beyond the line some and they'll get yardage.

On the other side of the ball, YSU's offense was what I would call "mediocre"...not bad, good enough to get the job done, especially if the defense keeps the points down, but not great...and that was with the Davis (#1 QB) who could pass some and was also a strong running threat. With #3 there, passing ability drops some, running ability drops quite a bit at the QB position, so as long as you can bottle up the RB Ruiz (a bit bigger, but a similar back to our RB Steve McShane...who you bottled up pretty well) you should be ok.

I don't think YSU has anywhere near the offensive weapons that Western does, and you did pretty well against us defensively.

Personally, I think something in the range of a low-30s to low-20s score is likely...as in...SDSU winning 32-21...something in that range would be my guess.

mmiller_34
October 17th, 2016, 07:10 PM

The ticket sales was referencing some posts at the beginning of the thread. I was lazy and didn't quote those posters. My bad.

DoubleE
October 17th, 2016, 07:10 PM
YSU starting their 4th string (and only QB left on roster) vs SDSU is scary

#1 Wells is out for year with shoulder problem
#2 Davis out a few weeks with undisclosed injury
#3 Hosick out for career with broken clavicale
#4 Mays
#5 ??????????

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2016, 07:30 PM

#4 Mays
#5 ??????????

oh crap, I forgot that Wells was out too...you guys are on your #4 QB. Damn.

CappinHard
October 17th, 2016, 10:10 PM
...you get Jake and the Tank out into space beyond the line some and they'll get yardage.

I understand your M3A3 reference in your article now. At the time I didn't think about it and thought it was a formatting error or something. He is definitely a tank... An amazing combination of size, speed, and hands.

As far as the score of the game, I think SDSU wins by 2 scores. I just checked and SDSU has been pegged as 3 point favorites for this one. (Checks bank account, contemplates how much I can afford to throw down on a bet that the jacks will cover, remembers how the jacks haven't won a hobo day game in 5 years, decides to not even think about betting)

POD Knows
October 17th, 2016, 10:21 PM
I understand your M3A3 reference in your article now. At the time I didn't think about it and thought it was a formatting error or something. He is definitely a tank... An amazing combination of size, speed, and hands.

As far as the score of the game, I think SDSU wins by 2 scores. I just checked and SDSU has been pegged as 3 point favorites for this one. (Checks bank account, contemplates how much I can afford to throw down on a bet that the jacks will cover, remembers how the jacks haven't won a hobo day game in 5 years, decides to not even think about betting)

Wow, YSU only a 3 point dog, interesting

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2016, 10:34 PM

Yea, I considered going with "air to surface assault vehicle", but that was a bit too wordy and odd-sounding (plus, I don't really know if that's even a thing...it'd be like a troop transport helicopter or something I think...maybe?), so I went with something shorter that some people might understand, some won't, but for those that didn't, it didn't really get in the way too much.

I knew from our game against you guys that he could catch the ball, but didn't fully realize until watching last Saturday's game just how much of a size advantage he has over so many of the guys trying to defend him. I just ran through NDSU's roster, and he's bigger than any of the LBs or DBs they have listed (and half of the guys on the D-line). You don't often see a guy that size who can catch, find separation, and is that fast. He doesn't have "lightning speed", but he can get trucking along pretty well. I remember one specific play, I think it was the 9-yard catch that he had to get you guys down to the 2 on the last TD drive...a defender would come up to try to tackle him, and he'd just grab them and shove them down to the ground...did that a couple of times before 2-3 Bison defenders finally got on his back and got him down. He's like our RB Nikko Watson from last year, but with 4 extra inches of height, and a much better ability to catch the ball. The dude looks like a Big 10 tight end that everyone expects to be playing in the NFL in a couple of years. No offense to the other very talented guys on that side of the ball, but I think out of all of SDSU's offensive weapons this year, he's the one most likely to make it at the next level.

And yes, I don't see how YSU stays within 3 points of SDSU when they're running a #3 or #4 backup QB. He didn't really show signs that he's secretly the next Carson Wentz or anything in the last part of their game last week. I guess if the YSU defense really steps up....I mean REALLY steps up, they could hold SDSU to something close to the points that their own offense can put up, but I don't see that happening.

The Yo Show
October 17th, 2016, 11:12 PM

#4 Mays
#5 ??????????

Yeah I think I posted somewhere else on AGS that we were down to 3rd string qb, but in all honesty, DoubleE is right. I forgot pecking order when I posted my other comment somewhere. Mays is the 4th string. Although, if I was to guess, Alvin Bailey is probably the backup. He played QB in high school, and would probably come in for a wildcat package.

The Yo Show
October 17th, 2016, 11:14 PM
I'm excited for this game, because I believe in my team and the defense. I'm hoping the offense surprises me, but I am thinking this will be an overwhelming amount of adversity to face. Not saying they can't do it, and am hoping they do, but time will tell.

ST_Lawson
October 18th, 2016, 12:02 AM
Yeah I think I posted somewhere else on AGS that we were down to 3rd string qb, but in all honesty, DoubleE is right. I forgot pecking order when I posted my other comment somewhere. Mays is the 4th string. Although, if I was to guess, Alvin Bailey is probably the backup. He played QB in high school, and would probably come in for a wildcat package.

How long until that's 90% of the playbook...direct snaps to Ruiz every play.

penguinpower
October 18th, 2016, 04:33 AM
Because the defense is outstanding if YSU can run the ball they've got a chance regardless of who is the QB. If they can't run, they are screwed. Based on what I've seen this year, it seems YSU can run against anyone. They ran right at the stacked boxes UNI, ISU, and WVU used to try and stop them and they still had success. It will be interesting for sure

Penguin Nation
October 18th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Bo said on the radio that Davis's MRI of his knee was fine, and implied he would start at Brookings, but Charles suggests otherwise: http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/oct/18/ysu-shakes-off-fb-woes/

IDK where the rumor that Wells is above Mays on the depth chart came from. Charles says he's fourth but Bo won't specifically list them. Wells had a preseason shoulder injury, and then Bo said it was fine, and now it's back despite not playing. No mention of physical therapy or anything. I think when faced with not starting, Wells opted out rather than try to continue to compete, will redshirt this year, and transfer to a place he'll have less competition for the starting job, probably D2.

Daved
October 18th, 2016, 08:22 AM

#4 Mays
#5 ??????????Scarier when you think that SDSU's qb put up over 300yds passing and rushed for 144yds against a defense that held Iowa to negative yardage in the 2nd half.

Daved
October 18th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Bo said on the radio that Davis's MRI of his knee was fine, and implied he would start at Brookings, but Charles suggests otherwise: http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/oct/18/ysu-shakes-off-fb-woes/

IDK where the rumor that Wells is above Mays on the depth chart came from. Charles says he's fourth but Bo won't specifically list them. Wells had a preseason shoulder injury, and then Bo said it was fine, and now it's back despite not playing. No mention of physical therapy or anything. I think when faced with not starting, Wells opted out rather than try to continue to compete, will redshirt this year, and transfer to a place he'll have less competition for the starting job, probably D2.Wells was a starter since freshman year---definitely more experienced than Mays so even if he was listed as #4 I still consider Mays #4 but since Wells is probably planning on leaving they made him #4 so as to not take away a year of playing time for him.

POD Knows
October 18th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Scarier when you think that SDSU's qb put up over 300yds passing and rushed for 144yds against a defense that held Iowa to negative yardage in the 2nd half.

There is no comparison between Iowa's offense and SDSU's offense. None.

Penguin Nation
October 18th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Wells was a starter since freshman year---definitely more experienced than Mays so even if he was listed as #4 I still consider Mays #4 but since Wells is probably planning on leaving they made him #4 so as to not take away a year of playing time for him.

In 2014, Dante Nania was the starting QB until he injured his ankle, and Wells replaced him and then kept the starting job. Well was the starter in 2015 (when we went 5-6) but shared snaps with Davis since Wells was too one dimensional.

I wouldn't list someone who doesn't even dress for games as any string, but if for whatever reason you want to list him, it should be below someone who is dressed and serviceable, since that is the order they'll be called to the field.

Paladin1aa
October 18th, 2016, 12:32 PM
To bring the YSU guys up to date -- I predicted over on the YSU site two years ago that Wells would never start for 4 years at YSU as he wasn't a QB for this level. He'll transfer soon and not play this year. Second, I also predicted Mays would never play at YSU as he wasn't very good either and would only play if YSU had poor QBs left and now, as the 4th string and scout QB, here he is playing after Wells is out, Hosick is injured for the year and Davis got hurt. I still expect Davis to play, if healthy. However, prepare for the roof to fall in if Mays plays a lot of QB . You will get to see with your own eyes why I rated him badly two years ago. Monty isn't that big of a magician. Also, while I projected YSU to finish 6-5 this season, they have been decent on D, winning the UNI game based on that. Moving forward, I look for SDS & NDS to beat them. YSU is now totally dependent on its D carrying them and thats a tall order. Monty will probably put in a Wildcat package, but I suspect the O is in the crapper the rest of the year. Look for the annual YSU collapse starting this week. And I'll be on later to remind folks about my previous recruiting predictions which are also starting to bear fruit. Next year looks ugly.

ytownchief22
October 18th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Bo says Davis will start the game. Mays to back him up.

dewey
October 18th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Scarier when you think that SDSU's qb put up over 300yds passing and rushed for 144yds against a defense that held Iowa to negative yardage in the 2nd half.

Iowa's offense was a better 'fit' for NDSU's D than SDSU's. This is not meant to be an excuse but NDSU did have All American MLB Nick Deluca for that game. Plus the offense didn't lay a stinky egg in the second half and actually helped out the D.

I am really hoping YSU wins this game as it could benefit NDSU but I think SDSU wins.

Dewey

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Apparently SDSU will have some sort of different jersey for the game the players approve of:

https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status/788153878558625793

ValleyTalk
October 18th, 2016, 05:18 PM
@DanaBalash: .@21WFMJSports Bo Pelini says he "anticipates" Ricky Davis to play vs South Dakota State...

I listened to the coaches show last night and Pelini did not seem all that worried about Davis and his status for Saturday. I fully expect him to start Saturday.

ValleyTalk
October 18th, 2016, 05:52 PM
This should end all doubt:
@CGroveVindy: Bo Pelini says Ricky Davis will start against South Dakota State. He suffered a knee bruise. Hunter Wells not available. #YSU @vindicator

i_got_a_fever
October 20th, 2016, 01:17 PM
https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status/789161662725001216

#BlackJacks

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161020/7365671f30950f4992e4c8b8c21dee6a.jpg

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2016, 01:25 PM
https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status/789161662725001216

#BlackJacks

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161020/7365671f30950f4992e4c8b8c21dee6a.jpg
Love it! Really like the drone video of the Dana too!

ST_Lawson
October 20th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Love it! Really like the drone video of the Dana too!

Damn, that's a really nicely done video.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2016, 01:46 PM
#BlackJackAttack

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2016, 02:25 PM
#BlackJackAttack
#HowWeDoDiversity

ytownchief22
October 20th, 2016, 02:29 PM
I like the jerseys a lot. Should be a good atmosphere!

CappinHard
October 20th, 2016, 02:49 PM
#HowWeDoDiversity

I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the civil war era.

i_got_a_fever
October 20th, 2016, 02:58 PM
#HowWeDoDiversity

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161020/3f2f5c891c4696b458afb48bf85be6df.png

What are you talking about? We're so diverse, a melting pot...of mozzarella. Haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
October 20th, 2016, 03:33 PM
What are you talking about? We're so diverse, a melting pot...of mozzarella. Haha.

You guys got white, off-white, eggshell, snow, ivory, linen...

LeeshaJo
October 20th, 2016, 04:04 PM
You guys got white, off-white, eggshell, snow, ivory, linen...

Don't forget ruddy from the wind/sun. For those of you who are in non-farm areas of the country, that is the permanent sun/wind burn on the cheeks and nose area of the face, highlighted by a bright white forehead (shielded from the sun by the hat of the farmer's choosing) and if winter a nice beard. In summer it is further contrasted by neon white legs and half brown arms from the sun (this last phenomenon is only seen glowing at night when they are climbing into bed or when they brave the beach for bonfire night.)

ValleyTalk
October 21st, 2016, 09:44 AM
Weather looks great. Go YSU!

BigGoosie13
October 21st, 2016, 05:26 PM
Welp, a few students already had their Hobo Day ruined, must've been one hell of a crowded party...
https://twitter.com/hobodais2016/status/789336143900741632

Thumper 76
October 21st, 2016, 05:31 PM
Welp, a few students already had their Hobo Day ruined, must've been one hell of a crowded party...

I would bet a pretty good chunk of $ that this puts a damper on their Hobo Day but they still will go out and get smashed.

CappinHard
October 21st, 2016, 05:37 PM

What the hell? Did they forget how to run? Must have been a whole lot of scared freshman for that many minors to get handed out.

Thumper 76
October 21st, 2016, 05:40 PM
What the hell? Did they forget how to run? Must have been a whole lot of scared freshman for that many minors to get handed out.
Prolly got caught inside the house with the cops sitting at all the doors.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2016, 06:24 PM
Prolly got caught inside the house with the cops sitting at all the doors.

But that many? I have never been to a large party where the cops hand out minors, unless its moorhead, then they want everyone to live in misery. Lucky for me, I never got a minor in Fargo, but still, the cops really must be down on their quota to give out 163 minors!

Thumper 76
October 21st, 2016, 06:28 PM
But that many? I have never been to a large party where the cops hand out minors, unless its moorhead, then they want everyone to live in misery. Lucky for me, I never got a minor in Fargo, but still, the cops really must be down on their quota to give out 163 minors!
UPD most likely. Used to hear stories of them sitting on a couch and writing minors all night just filing kids out the door.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2016, 06:30 PM
UPD most likely. Used to hear stories of them sitting on a couch and writing minors all night just filing kids out the door.

Damn! Even NDSU police are not that up about it. They are usually really chill, unless they are rookies or on a power trip, and just let people go and make you dump your beer out, which was alcohol abuse and broke me on the inside one too many times.

The Yo Show
October 21st, 2016, 06:58 PM
Wish I could make a trip up to SDSU's new stadium. Unfortunately I can't... but I will be watching on ESPN3 xthumbsupx. I freaking love the fact that all the MVFC games are on ESPN3. Makes the far away games easier to watch, and its in HD!

BigGoosie13
October 21st, 2016, 06:58 PM
I can't remember if it was my JR or SR year, but a house around the corner from mine got busted by BPD and UPD and a kid tried jumping from a second story window to get away, he broke one of his legs.

Thumper 76
October 21st, 2016, 07:27 PM
I can't remember if it was my JR or SR year, but a house around the corner from mine got busted by BPD and UPD and a kid tried jumping from a second story window to get away, he broke one of his legs.
What year was that? I remember taking the forced alcohol classes they made everyone take with someone with a very similar story.

mango433
October 21st, 2016, 09:06 PM

6th and 6th? Are there even houses there? If there are, that's a really stupid place to party as that's the main drag through town

Evolution Prime
October 21st, 2016, 09:10 PM
6th and 6th? Are there even houses there? If there are, that's a really stupid place to party as that's the main drag through town

According to Google Maps, yes there is. You are right, dumb place to have a party.

The Yo Show
October 21st, 2016, 09:31 PM
In Youngstown, at least a bit away from campus, house parties are broken up unless they are really egregious. Out of fear of getting shot lol.

SoDakSA
October 21st, 2016, 09:33 PM

That was the last party of the Hobo House. It must have been my sophomore or junior year. So 97 or 98? It is not the innovation building on the corner.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2016, 10:05 PM
In Youngstown, at least a bit away from campus, house parties are broken up unless they are really egregious. Out of fear of getting shot lol.

https://media.tenor.co/images/fe797806786b124373f247c03d7ee9c6/raw

I-AA Fan
October 22nd, 2016, 01:01 AM
To bring the YSU guys up to date -- I predicted over on the YSU site two years ago that Wells would never start for 4 years at YSU as he wasn't a QB for this level. He'll transfer soon and not play this year. Second, I also predicted Mays would never play at YSU as he wasn't very good either and would only play if YSU had poor QBs left and now, as the 4th string and scout QB, here he is playing after Wells is out, Hosick is injured for the year and Davis got hurt. I still expect Davis to play, if healthy. However, prepare for the roof to fall in if Mays plays a lot of QB . You will get to see with your own eyes why I rated him badly two years ago. Monty isn't that big of a magician. Also, while I projected YSU to finish 6-5 this season, they have been decent on D, winning the UNI game based on that. Moving forward, I look for SDS & NDS to beat them. YSU is now totally dependent on its D carrying them and thats a tall order. Monty will probably put in a Wildcat package, but I suspect the O is in the crapper the rest of the year. Look for the annual YSU collapse starting this week. And I'll be on later to remind folks about my previous recruiting predictions which are also starting to bear fruit. Next year looks ugly.

You are the worst fan ever, so who is going to take seriously anything you say? Any time that you wish I will be happy to copy what you have said in the past. You said Mays would never see the field for YSU and then you said he would never take a snap for YSU ...no qualifiers Nostradamus. Wrong as usual. I might also point out that Mays came in and took a team behind by 10 ...and won the game. Was he the second-coming of Montana or Unitas? No, but he did his job. Furthermore you should credit coach Montgomery for his 3rd-string QB being able to step in a run the offense. Every year is "going to be ugly" ....what is on the B-side of your single?

Also Nation ...Wells was too one-dimensional? He is drop-back passer and BY FAR the best passer on the team. Was their ever a more one-dimensional QB than Davis last year? This year he has an offense designed around him & it works. Wells is smart. He will graduate early, gain a year, then use his red-shirt this year. He will have two years to play. In fact if he graduates, I think he does not need to step down to D-II. Any experts out there on what happens if a player graduates early and also still has a year of eligibility left?

ytownchief22
October 22nd, 2016, 09:19 AM
Gameday!!!!! GO GUINS!

Penguin Nation
October 22nd, 2016, 09:28 AM
You are the worst fan ever, so who is going to take seriously anything you say? Any time that you wish I will be happy to copy what you have said in the past. You said Mays would never see the field for YSU and then you said he would never take a snap for YSU ...no qualifiers Nostradamus. Wrong as usual. I might also point out that Mays came in and took a team behind by 10 ...and won the game. Was he the second-coming of Montana or Unitas? No, but he did his job. Furthermore you should credit coach Montgomery for his 3rd-string QB being able to step in a run the offense. Every year is "going to be ugly" ....what is on the B-side of your single?

Also Nation ...Wells was too one-dimensional? He is drop-back passer and BY FAR the best passer on the team. Was their ever a more one-dimensional QB than Davis last year? This year he has an offense designed around him & it works. Wells is smart. He will graduate early, gain a year, then use his red-shirt this year. He will have two years to play. In fact if he graduates, I think he does not need to step down to D-II. Any experts out there on what happens if a player graduates early and also still has a year of eligibility left?

Davis wasn't allowed to pass, and he confirmed that on his Rookery Radio show in the Spring. Calling Wells one dimensional may be giving him too much credit, as Davis had a higher passing efficiency. I don't doubt that Wells has book smarts.

Since you brought it up, does anyone else find that Wells "shoulder injury" doesn't add up. When Hosick was injured, we learned of the radiographic results, and the need for surgery. When Davis was injured, we heard about his normal MRI, and his diagnosis of a simple bruise of the knee. Wells competes in Spring camp, drops on the depth chart, develops a "shoulder injury" which Bo later said was fine. Now, months later, despite no playing time, it's back and prevents him from dressing for games or traveling with the team., and yet, no mention of MRI findings or therapy. My suspicion is that he decided to redshirt and decided he couldn't compete with the other QBs, and would transfer to a program with less QB competition (prolly D2). But..he's healthy enough for reps with the scout team (mostly hand-offs I understand) . He opts out, doesn't really contribute, and yet still is on full scholarship. Very sketchy.

penguinpower
October 22nd, 2016, 10:21 AM
I think what has happened is that Pelini wanted to make a change at QB because he wanted a mobile QB. Wells has no mobility. Secondly, Wells is smart and he will graduate a year early. If he does he can transfer to any level without having to sit out a year. The shoulder injury has to be a facade.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 10:54 AM
Whooooo HOBO DAY BABY! https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/789813679319416832

penguinpower
October 22nd, 2016, 11:53 AM
Whooooo HOBO DAY BABY! https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/789813679319416832

Admire your enthusiasm. I used to enjoy Gameday like you when I wasn't such a skeptic of my football team.. Today will make or break the skepticism

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 12:50 PM
Big news for SDSU is Dallas Brown is back listed as a starter.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 02:08 PM
So I warned YSU fans on their site. Goedert down to inside the 20 on the first play of the game....you can't cover him with a LB.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 02:10 PM
Welp, guess that no rushing TD's allowed thing is gone. 6-0 SDSU short run for Brady Mengharelli

Kemo
October 22nd, 2016, 02:12 PM
So I warned YSU fans on their site. Goedert down to inside the 20 on the first play of the game....you can't cover him.
FIFY

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 02:12 PM
EP good 7-0 SDSU

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 02:17 PM
Pick SDSU, returned down to inside the 5. This might get ugly if YSU doesnt make a stop and hold them to 3....nevermind, TD Connor Landberg. 13-0 SDSU EP pending

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 02:20 PM
I guess Bo isn't going to Purdue?

ST_Lawson
October 22nd, 2016, 02:22 PM
Me: "well, this UNI/MSU game is getting out of hand and YSU and SDSU is starting up, I'll just turn over to that and see how well YSU's defense is at stopping SDSU"

Me 15 seconds later: "not.....not at all"

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 02:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q8hAb230OE

Prolly too early, but I started drinking too early as well....

Rabbit3467
October 22nd, 2016, 02:29 PM
Bull**** call, complete bull****

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Rabbit3467
October 22nd, 2016, 02:30 PM
What was the ref even looking at on that play?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Kemo
October 22nd, 2016, 02:32 PM
I think the other officials convinced the ref that threw the flag to call targeting so they could reverse the horrible call.

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2016, 02:33 PM
The facemask was a good call but the targeting was a joke. If that helmet turns, they will call it everytime.

Kemo
October 22nd, 2016, 02:33 PM
Call reversed. Not even close. Bo still argues it... because he's Bo.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 02:34 PM
The facemask was a good call but the targeting was a joke. If that helmet turns, they will call it everytime.
The only reason they called it was cause the head turned, NOT because it was a facemask. Bad Call. Thats just like calling a targeting because the guys head made a reaction even if he was hit in the chest.

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2016, 02:35 PM
I can see why they called the facemask and that is why it was a good call, but I laughed at that joke of a call for targeting. You'd think he just got promoted from the MEAC.

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2016, 02:36 PM
The only reason they called it was cause the head turned, NOT because it was a facemask. Bad Call. Thats just like calling a targeting because the guys head made a reaction even if he was hit in the chest.

Just get over here and we can continue this discussion with a beer or 2. You and I both know they will call it everytime if the players gets the grill and the head turns.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 02:39 PM
Just get over here and we can continue this discussion with a beer or 2. You and I both know they will call it everytime if the players gets the grill and the head turns.

Still doesn't make it a good call...

Kemo
October 22nd, 2016, 04:03 PM
YSU fumbles on their first drive of the 2nd half, Jacks recover, have a couple nice runs by Christion and finish with a Jake Wieneke TD.

24-3 Jacks.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 04:03 PM
SDSU up 21-7 off of two YSU turnovers.

Kemo
October 22nd, 2016, 04:05 PM
SDSU up 21-7 off of two YSU turnovers.

What game you watching xrotatehx

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 04:06 PM

24-3

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2016, 04:07 PM

He is using ESPN 3. He did not even bring over the breakfast pizza.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 04:07 PM
SO IM DRUNK ON HOBO DAY............xlolx good call xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

dewey
October 22nd, 2016, 04:29 PM
1448 to go in the 4th quarter SDSU 24 YSU 3.

Fumble by SDSU and YSU recovers at their own 45.

Dewey

ytownchief22
October 22nd, 2016, 04:34 PM
Congrats to the Jacks. Our OC is one of the worst in college football but continues to be employed by us. Our offense stinks and put the defense in bad positions. You guys need a new assistant coach ? We can leave him in SD.

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 05:00 PM
Is there any way that Steig might get a FBS callup? He has figured out an offense with a good defense. There are going to a bunch of G5 openings coming up.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 05:03 PM
Is there any way that Steig might get a FBS callup? He has figured out an offense with a good defense. There are going to a bunch of G5 openings coming up.
Not likely. Matt Zimmer the SDSU beat writer has said he only expects Stig to go for the next three years at best and retire.

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 05:09 PM
Not likely. Matt Zimmer the SDSU beat writer has said he only expects Stig to go for the next three years at best and retire.

Trent Miles did parlay a NDSU win into a Georgia State coaching job. Even if he doesn't want to leave, schools might ask. TCU + NDSU game will put him on some lists.

BigGoosie13
October 22nd, 2016, 05:10 PM
Not in Brookings but still got drunk, the Hobo spirit is in us all. Overall, the game was pretty boring, but a win. YSU D is legit though, particularly their DL.

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 05:13 PM
This was a boring game to watch. YSU offense is anemic. That can work against defensive teams but not against SDSU.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 05:23 PM
Trent Miles did parlay a NDSU win into a Georgia State coaching job. Even if he doesn't want to leave, schools might ask. TCU + NDSU game will put him on some lists.

Doubtful, kudos to him if he does, but there's a pretty big age gap between Miles and Stig.....just sayin.

dewey
October 22nd, 2016, 05:30 PM
Doubtful, kudos to him if he does, but there's a pretty big age gap between Miles and Stig.....just sayin.

I hope Stig stays at SDSU and doesn't take some crap job for the money (Georgia State, Wyoming or others).

Dewey

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 05:32 PM
I hope Stig stays at SDSU and doesn't take some crap job for the money (Georgia State, Wyoming or others).

Dewey
I really doubt that he does. If he does I hope SDSU takes a good long look at Caldwell at CSU. Don't get me wrong, Stig has done enought to earn a FBS job IMHO, but hes too old to try to build another game.

Yotes21
October 22nd, 2016, 05:33 PM
Nice win for the Jacks.

centennial
October 22nd, 2016, 05:40 PM

Dewey

If Bohl can get another 3-4 wins, Wyoming might be looking again. Steig is probably safe because of his age.

mango433
October 22nd, 2016, 06:06 PM
Guys, Stig is like 58, he's from South Dakota and an SDSU grad. He's not going anywhere.

Carolina010
October 22nd, 2016, 06:07 PM

Supposedly the cops stopped there earlier in the day after a noise complaint and gave everyone warnings.

Bisonator
October 22nd, 2016, 07:31 PM
Nice win Jacks. Looks like you have a good shot at the conference title now.

BigGoosie13
October 22nd, 2016, 08:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nONXlRoVoM

Laker
October 22nd, 2016, 08:38 PM
Thanks to Rabid I had a great seat for the game today. Spent a lot of time walking around campus and enjoying the sights. The stadium is SO much nicer than even a couple years ago. Just a great atmosphere- the crowd, the band, the weather- and a win!

RabidRabbit
October 22nd, 2016, 08:50 PM
Thanks to Rabid I had a great seat for the game today. Spent a lot of time walking around campus and enjoying the sights. The stadium is SO much nicer than even a couple years ago. Just a great atmosphere- the crowd, the band, the weather- and a win!
Hope you enjoyed parade, tailgating, and the game. I enjoyed yelling at the tv as Jacks dominated Guins.

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2016, 10:35 PM
This game gave me goosebumps. I never imagined SDSU's atmosphere would be where it is now 5 years ago.

Laker
October 23rd, 2016, 09:17 AM
This game gave me goosebumps. I never imagined SDSU's atmosphere would be where it is now 5 years ago.

I used to come to Brookings when they were in the NCC and played MSU-Mankato. Also saw a season opening 4th down TD pass as time ran down for a Jacks win over Northwest MO State. Maybe 7 to 8 thousand at those contests. Remember the evergreen trees next to the north end zone? And those little buildings where the teams would meet at half time by the south end zone?

I doubt if there are many Jacks fans who wish that they were back in D2.

RabidRabbit
October 23rd, 2016, 09:32 AM
Jacks have been much more successful at D-I FCS, than they were in D-2. Still have to deal with the comparisons to our friendemy up north, but Jackrabbit football is getting tremendous reception and embrace by South Dakota, and the upper midwest.

Laker
October 23rd, 2016, 09:38 AM
Jacks have been much more successful at D-I FCS, than they were in D-2. Still have to deal with the comparisons to our friendemy up north, but Jackrabbit football is getting tremendous reception and embrace by South Dakota, and the upper midwest.

My best friend called on Thursday and had two tickets (from his rich brother) for the Gopher homecoming game. Told him I couldn't go, that I was going to the Jacks game. Gophers won on a late field goal. As I sat at the game in Brookings I decided that I'd still rather see a game at SDSU........... I'll be back.

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2016, 10:09 AM
SDSU coasted in this game, they were clearly the better team. It will be interesting to see if their offense will be as sharp if they get deep into a playoff run and get some bad weather at home, could be interesting.

penguinpower
October 23rd, 2016, 11:55 AM
Youngstown's OC is a complete moron. We were able to run the ball between the tackles and we came out passing with a person that is not qualified to pass....ever

penguinpower
October 23rd, 2016, 12:04 PM
I also think the defense took some time to settle in because they were caught off guard with the speed of the offensive skill positions. Once they settled in Youngstown's inept offensive coordinator called a garbage game and the QB is the worst in Division 1 football......that hurt us too. If we were competent in offense it would have been a better game.

Also they were not expecting all of the disguised blitzes and the OC has an IQ of 35, QB must have an IQ of 15 because he throe the ball directly to the Jacks players with the nearest penguin 10 yards away. He also is not smart enough to remember all of the routes so he never threw to the 2nd and 3rd check downs that were running wide open in the secondary. Then when he did see it (1% of the time) he overthrows them by 15 yards. That was a complete abortion. YSU is luck the defense kept it that close. The OC needs to be fired.

Carolina010
October 23rd, 2016, 12:58 PM
Thats 2 weeks in a row a row where the other team is complaining about their "terrible" OC. Will be interesting to see if that continues. Maybe it has something to do with the defense they are playing. Im not saying our defense is greatest defense out there but all of these OC can't just forget how to make a game plan when they play the jacks.

clenz
October 23rd, 2016, 01:05 PM
I also think the defense took some time to settle in because they were caught off guard with the speed of the offensive skill positions. Once they settled in Youngstown's inept offensive coordinator called a garbage game and the QB is the worst in Division 1 football......that hurt us too. If we were competent in offense it would have been a better game.

Also they were not expecting all of the disguised blitzes and the OC has an IQ of 35, QB must have an IQ of 15 because he throe the ball directly to the Jacks players with the nearest penguin 10 yards away. He also is not smart enough to remember all of the routes so he never threw to the 2nd and 3rd check downs that were running wide open in the secondary. Then when he did see it (1% of the time) he overthrows them by 15 yards. That was a complete abortion. YSU is luck the defense kept it that close. The OC needs to be fired.

If your coaches were caught off guard by what SDSU has in offense they shouldn't be coaching in college at any level.

Your offense was **** against UNI too. You ran 46 plays in one half and scored 14 points.

I know YSU beat UNI and whatever but YSU isn't special on either side of the ball. YSU was bailed out by the spectacularly dumb UNI has been with the quarterback situation. UNIs offense scored three point against YSU and had possession at the end of the game with a shot at winning. UNI ran an offense that was nothing but zone read and YSU was pretty damn lucky to win and was ****ing losing until the final 40 seconds. Let that truly sink in for a bit and go a bit deeper than your homerism.

UNIFanSince1983
October 23rd, 2016, 01:08 PM
2 weeks in a row and SDSU has been held in check points wise. Is this a new trend? Was all the scoring early due to poor defenses?

clenz
October 23rd, 2016, 01:10 PM
2 weeks in a row and SDSU has been held in check points wise. Is this a new trend? Was all the scoring early due to poor defenses?

They were up 24-3 midway through the third. I'm guessing, given ysus offense being bad, the effort was more clock control than point scoring.

Edit. Did some looking

SDSU went TD, fumbled (after a 60 yard 6 minute drive), pick (on play 6 of a drive) and TOD trying to run the clock out in the second half after 6 plays and 50 yards.

Thumper 76
October 23rd, 2016, 01:16 PM
Eh, it was also against two very good defenses. And the game against NDSU they just didn't convert inside the redzone, which is very unlike the Jacks. This was the only game where SDSU was really held in check somewhat. I would bet you see more points the rest of the season. Also interesting to note how their defense is starting to find itself.

Carolina010
I guess it could be but it could also be that they just played and beat two of the toughest defenses they will see this year and still put up pretty good numbers in both of those games.

penguinpower
If your coaches were caught off guard by what SDSU has in offense they shouldn't be coaching in college at any level.

Your offense was **** against UNI too. You ran 46 plays in one half and scored 14 points.

I know YSU beat UNI and whatever but YSU isn't special on either side of the ball. YSU was bailed out by the spectacularly dumb UNI has been with the quarterback situation. UNIs offense scored three point against YSU and had possession at the end of the game with a shot at winning. UNI ran an offense that was nothing but zone read and YSU was pretty damn lucky to win and was ****ing losing until the final 40 seconds. Let that truly sink in for a bit and go a bit deeper than your homerism.

No homerism here. YSU doesn't have a division 1 QB a d they threw essentially another pick six on the 3 play from scrimmage. The defense was out in bad position after bad position by an inept offense. The OC has failed the team every year with his inability to make in game adjustments, piss poor game planing, and the lack of output in the second half of games. We were lick to beat UNI, but both coaching staffs are basically hell bent on running the ball because both teams don't have a QB. Who's better Bailey or Davis. I would take Bailey.

CappinHard
October 23rd, 2016, 01:25 PM

You're so right. It didn't have anything to do with the Jacks defense. xcoffeex

penguinpower
October 23rd, 2016, 04:54 PM
You're so right. It didn't have anything to do with the Jacks defense. xcoffeex

The Jacks defense was good, not taking anything away, but they were also given a gift with the errant throw allowing the to get up by 14 three minutes into the game

mmiller_34
October 23rd, 2016, 05:07 PM

We also passed half as much against YSU than we had done the previous 4 games.

In fact, we ran the ball more than we passed yesterday. I felt like we got real conservative almost immediately after being up 14-0 so quick.

h5322rsh
October 23rd, 2016, 06:32 PM

My oh my, how your tone has stepped down from that expressed on Bisonville.

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2016, 06:35 PM

Youngstown was outmanned, if you played them 10 times you would probably lose 10 times,

penguinpower
October 23rd, 2016, 06:53 PM
Youngstown was outmanned, if you played them 10 times you would probably lose 10 times,

I disagree. We were outmanned at QB and the offensive coordinator positions.

penguinpower
October 23rd, 2016, 06:56 PM

I stated the the offense was a ?. The defense is still very good. I think they were caught off a little on the first drive but held up exceptionally well because they were on the field for a long time and put in bad position after bad position by our offense.

penguinpower
October 23rd, 2016, 06:57 PM
My oh my, how your tone has stepped down from that expressed on Bisonville.

I stated the the offense was a ?. The defense is still very good. I think they were caught off a little on the first drive but held up exceptionally well because they were on the field for a long time and put in bad position after bad position by our offense.

Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thumper 76
October 23rd, 2016, 06:57 PM
Your "NFL lock" DE's didn't even record one sack the whole game, and SDSU throttled way down after going up 14. This was the first game we've rushed more than we threw the ball. But you keep telling yourself that.

Speaking of which, for all the trash I heard from certain Bison fans about our o-line, they have been making a pretty good argument the past two weeks to be called the best in the MVFC.

penguinpower
October 23rd, 2016, 07:09 PM
Your "NFL lock" DE's didn't even record one sack the whole game, and SDSU throttled way down after going up 14. This was the first game we've rushed more than we threw the ball. But you keep telling yourself that.

Speaking of which, for all the trash I heard from certain Bison fans about our o-line, they have been making a pretty good argument the past two weeks to be called the best in the MVFC.

I would like to se a rematch. Hopefully we have one.

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2016, 07:12 PM

And the wide receiver positions and tight end but yea, the major difference was at QB. SDSU's D appears to be a little better than advertised.

penguinpower
October 23rd, 2016, 07:18 PM
And by the way I am not some 20 or 30 year old that acts like some kind of unreasonable idiot. I stated what I know. Youngstown has the best defense since 1994 or maybe 1997. Is it good enough? Looks like it isn't, but it could have been a different game without the gifts. Also, thee were so many stupid penalties. I get that there are 18-22 year old kids playing. I don't have a clue what is going through their heads, but I thought that SDSU coaches did a fine job preventing a let down game with releasing black uniforms etc. That is smart strategic psychology. I sort of felt Youngstown didn't come to play

And the offensive coordinator needs to has his ass kicked in the parking lot. He is the only coach I've ever seen that has QB's regress as the gain experience

penguinpower
October 23rd, 2016, 07:22 PM
And the wide receiver positions and tight end but yea, the major difference was at QB. SDSU's D appears to be a little better than advertised.

Well of course WR and TE if you can't pass the ball to them. Not sure if you picked up the fact that Youngstown's QB ran when he saw the first read wasn't there. SDSU coaches saw that a d blitzed him. Pelini was out coached and didn't see it. Btw, players said they were running defensive pressures they didn't see on film and said they didn't know how to handle it. Wow.

Thumper 76
October 23rd, 2016, 07:23 PM
I would like to se a rematch. Hopefully we have one.
I don't think it will happen, not with how the playoffs set up and where YSU is located. But realistically That game exposed that YSU doesn't have the offense to stick with SDSU and that the SDSU offensive line can more than handle the YSU d line.

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2016, 07:25 PM
Well of course WR and TE if you can't pass the ball to them. Not sure if you picked up the fact that Youngstown's QB ran when he saw the first read wasn't there. SDSU coaches saw that a d blitzed him. Pelini was out coached and didn't see it. Btw, players said they were running defensive pressures they didn't see on film and said they didn't know how to handle it. Wow.

Well yea, but Bo Pelini is an ex P5 coach and it sounds like he might move up again. There is no way he or any of his coordinators could have missed any of that, he is the most sought after coach in FCS football.

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2016, 01:18 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/ags-gotw-week-8-youngstown-state-at-south-dakota-state/

Recap and highlights

i_got_a_fever
October 25th, 2016, 08:50 AM
The football team's video staff is just outstanding.

https://vimeo.com/188741604

ytownchief22
October 25th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Wasn't impressed with SDSU defense. YSU's offense is just that piss poor. Kept putting the defense in terrible positions. It's a shame the OC for YSU continues to blow games for this team and they let it happen. He needs to go.

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Is it the OC or is it just the Offensive Unit? Are the play calls bad or are the players bad?

CappinHard
October 25th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Wasn't impressed with SDSU defense.

http://i.giphy.com/aHnOjSIRfAz9m.gif

Why are you guys so reluctant to give the SDSU defense credit? We gave up 311 yards, 66 of those against a prevent defense late in the game, essentially only gave up 3 points. 6 sacks, forced fumble, interception, 7 tackles for loss. Your OC has sure done a pretty decent job so far this year considering you were 5-1 and averaging 28 points a game. You scored 14 against a UNI defense that is probably better than SDSU's. Yet when you only score 10 (pretty much 3), against SDSU's defense, you're not impressed with their defense and it's all the OC fault.

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 11:15 AM

Why are you guys so reluctant to give the SDSU defense credit? We gave up 311 yards, 66 of those against a prevent defense late in the game, essentially only gave up 3 points. 6 sacks, forced fumble, interception, 7 tackles for loss. Your OC has sure done a pretty decent job so far this year considering you were 5-1 and averaging 28 points a game. You scored 14 against a UNI defense that is probably better than SDSU's. Yet when you only score 10 (pretty much 3), against SDSU's defense, you're not impressed with their defense and it's all the OC fault.
Its something I've noticed recently, when Valley teams play us their OC has a bad game. It surely has nothing to do with our DT's playing like they are capable and the emergence of our fr MLB coming into his own. xcoffeex

jacksfan29
October 25th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Don't bother, YSU fans are always like this until they begin their annual skid. That's when they turn on their team and coaching staff. YSU have a solid D but they don't have the talent on offense to be a contender for the conference title. It has nothing to do with their offensive coordinator.

I like our team this year. Staying under the radar, not getting a lot of credit from those we beat (3 of the last 4 top 15 teams) and two of three weren't close. This is the first time in a long time I can recall thinking we have a very good chance of running the table. Having Christon as the leader along with some coaching changes seems to have changed the teams personality. YSU are behind us. Time to move on to ISUr. My guess is we open up the passing game next weekend. Stig shut it down against YSU. There really wasn't a reason to risk it.

smoothjack
October 25th, 2016, 12:20 PM
https://youtu.be/_nONXlRoVoM

Was watching the highlights of the game and is it just me or could a block in the back been called at the end of Goederts long reception to start the game? 45sec mark

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Wasn't impressed with SDSU defense. YSU's offense is just that piss poor. Kept putting the defense in terrible positions. It's a shame the OC for YSU continues to blow games for this team and they let it happen. He needs to go.

Sounds like sour grapes....xrolleyesx

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 12:38 PM

Was watching the highlights of the game and is it just me or could a block in the back been called at the end of Goederts long reception to start the game? 45sec mark
Maybe. Seems to be one of those calls that gets called if it gives the offense the advantage and in that case it actually makes the tackle for them. Would be a weak call IMO.

h5322rsh
October 25th, 2016, 02:24 PM

Yes its there and it should have been called. No 8 was shoved and might have been in position for clean tackle had not lost his balance on the shove. I don't think there are many games where all the calls are made. Bo should have asked for a review if that was possible but without a call, I dont suppose any kind of a review is valid. This business of reviews is getting very complicated for the average fan.

ST_Lawson
October 25th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Its something I've noticed recently, when Valley teams play us their OC has a bad game. It surely has nothing to do with our DT's playing like they are capable and the emergence of our fr MLB coming into his own. xcoffeex

Not over here...we're a good team, but you guys just flat-out "curb stomped" us. Did our offense make a few VERY costly mistakes that helped make the score a bit more one-sided than it would have been?....sure, but Rozeboom is a beast, and I think that just about any offense is going to have a very bad day if he's at all on his game.

ValleyTalk
October 25th, 2016, 05:47 PM
I was fortunate enough to be in Brookings on Saturday. The new facilities are TOP NOTCH and you folks have an excellent fan base. Everyone was super nice to talk with in the tailgate lots. Still a lot of Pelini fans in the Great Plains I discovered!

Theee Catrabbit
October 25th, 2016, 05:57 PM

Who gives a ****? Let it be said we suck. The D has been feeding on it and ****ting out the opposition. I give a ****. They are right their O sucks, their coordinator sucks, good thing the D was able to put their cleats on right this week.....

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 06:06 PM
I was fortunate enough to be in Brookings on Saturday. The new facilities are TOP NOTCH and you folks have an excellent fan base. Everyone was super nice to talk with in the tailgate lots. Still a lot of Pelini fans in the Great Plains I discovered!
Glad you made it out! Double glad you enjoyed it!

CappinHard
October 25th, 2016, 10:05 PM
Who gives a ****?...............I give a ****.

So do you give a **** or not? I'm confused. xlolx

Theee Catrabbit
October 25th, 2016, 10:11 PM
So do you give a **** or not? I'm confused. xlolx

it's all in the context and emph-ass-es xthumbsupx