PDA

View Full Version : SHSU #1 in STATS POLL

Daytripper
October 17th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Well...

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20161017125220067179504&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

CockyGeek
October 17th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Overwhelmingly. Congratulations

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Daytripper
October 17th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Overwhelmingly. Congratulations

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

LOL

Redbird007
October 17th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Dan Rather is all fired up.

centennial
October 17th, 2016, 06:14 PM
This is a travesty... But it is the stats poll.

Sammy94
October 17th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Eat'em Up Kats!!! Like it or not the STATS Poll is the national poll. Kats finish undefeated and #1 in this poll, the playoff road will all be in Texas!!! Keep on rolling Kats!!!

BisonTru
October 17th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Eat'em Up Kats!!! Like it or not the STATS Poll is the national poll. Kats finish undefeated and #1 in this poll, the playoff road will all be in Texas!!! Keep on rolling Kats!!!

The STATS poll has as much pull as the AGS poll, which is nil to the committee.

dewey
October 17th, 2016, 09:43 PM

Keep telling yourself that an undefeated Sam Houston State is a #1 or #2 for the playoffs. Them over 10-1 NDSU...NO. Over 10-1 EWU...NO. Over 10-1 to 11-0 The Citadel...NO. Over 10-1 JSU...maybe.

Look at McNeese State from last year if you think an undefeated Southland team is the #1 or #2 team.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2016, 10:13 PM

The STATS poll is one of the national polls but please explain how it relates to you having some leg up because you are #1 in it? The committee keeps their own poll, they don't use any of these.

If you need to go look at the last 10 years of final polls and it becomes pretty clear they don't utilize these.

If that is what you are trying to say..you are confused on the matter I think.

Sammy94
October 17th, 2016, 11:20 PM
Look at McNeese State from last year if you think an undefeated Southland team is the #1 or #2 team.
I don't think McNeese was ever #1 in any poll last season at the end of the year but could be wrong. I do remember the last time before that though a Southland team was undefeated and ranked #1 in the country they got a number 1 seed.

BisonTru
October 17th, 2016, 11:38 PM
I don't think McNeese was ever #1 in any poll last season at the end of the year but could be wrong. I do remember the last time before that though a Southland team was undefeated and ranked #1 in the country they got a number 1 seed.

McNeese was ranked 3rd and Sammy was ranked 6th by Stats heading into playoff selection. McNeese got the 4 seed, and Sammy went unseeded. Go ahead and think you guys have this locked up because of the Stats poll, but it doesn't matter. There is only one poll that matters on playoff selection and we won't know what they think until the bracket is released.

The AGS poll is the best predictor of how the committee will go, but it still may be way off. BTW, you guys if you go undefeated, your best win is Central Arkansas. After that you really have nothing else overly impressive.

Sammy94
October 17th, 2016, 11:38 PM
That was the same year a 1 loss NDSU team was also #2. Must have been a conspiracy that season? That was less than 10 years ago but perhaps I am confused.

Sammy94
October 17th, 2016, 11:49 PM
I agree nothing overly impressive, Sam goes thru this every year. We kickoff against Richmond next season so perhaps that may change but I doubt it. I guess when Sam ends up in the top 4 again it will because we didn't play anyone. Then again that poll is just slot voting and I have no idea why Sam was ranked that high in the first place?

Cocky
October 18th, 2016, 06:56 AM
Keep telling yourself that an undefeated Sam Houston State is a #1 or #2 for the playoffs. Them over 10-1 NDSU...NO. Over 10-1 EWU...NO. Over 10-1 to 11-0 The Citadel...NO. Over 10-1 JSU...maybe.

Dewey

Why would a Citadel team reach a no but JSU wouldn't? JSUs schedule is more difficult than Citadels.

Sammy94
October 18th, 2016, 08:10 AM
So I researched and didn't find any where in the last 10 years that a team ranked 1st in the final regular season STAT poll (Sports Network) wasn't a #1 seed or #2 seed. Actually I didn't find a year where they were not a #1. Lots of football to be played so like my first post stated. , let's keep rolling Kats!!!

BEAR
October 18th, 2016, 08:48 AM
EDITED:
https://i.imgflip.com/1cjp53.jpg

Is this better?

Daytripper
October 18th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Really? Please don't invade my politics free safe space.

Catatonic
October 18th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Maybe someone with way to much time on their hands could look at pre-playoff polls from Coaches, STATS, Sagarin, and Massey to determine which is the best predictor of post-season success. Who correctly picked the eventual champion? How far off were polls in predicting the final 8? Did anyone have NDSU at number one last year?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2016, 11:26 AM
So I researched and didn't find any where in the last 10 years that a team ranked 1st in the final regular season STAT poll (Sports Network) wasn't a #1 seed or #2 seed. Actually I didn't find a year where they were not a #1. Lots of football to be played so like my first post stated. , let's keep rolling Kats!!!

The issue was pretty clear in that you pointed out the STATS as the benchmark for determination when it is not. Yest they do get the top correct when they agree with the AGS Poll as well etc.

There is not a single poll out there that determines where the playoff field ends up BETTER than than the AGS Poll over the last decade. Tlhat was the point that your comment about it being the national poll is baseless because it is not used by the committee and the fact that it does not predict or line up with what they do as well as AGS does means you might be putting your eggs in the incorrect basket was sort of the point.

But it has your team #1 so why would you think differently I guess.

BTW, your team very well may be #1, not saying they are not very, very good cuz they are.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2016, 11:41 AM
The STATS poll is one of the national polls but please explain how it relates to you having some leg up because you are #1 in it? The committee keeps their own poll, they don't use any of these.

If you need to go look at the last 10 years of final polls and it becomes pretty clear they don't utilize these.

If that is what you are trying to say..you are confused on the matter I think.

Aren't they releasing the committees poll this year later in the year? I thought I read that somewhere this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katfan
October 18th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Aren't they releasing the committees poll this year later in the year? I thought I read that somewhere this summer.

Do they release a poll during the season like the FBI committee does?

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Do they release a poll during the season like the FBI committee does?

They haven't, but I thought I had read a tweet from Dom Izzo saying they were going to start this year. I'll have to check.

Katfan
October 18th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Great, something else we can all disagree on.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2016, 12:10 PM

I don't know, that would be odd since they like to keep it to themselves so much but if it is coming then great.

Sammy94
October 18th, 2016, 02:02 PM
My point was that if Sam stays undefeated, which is a very possible, and stays #1 in the STAT poll the playoff road will go thru Huntsville and then Frisco. If Sam ends up #1 in this poll and doesn't have one of the two top two seeds, it would be the first time in recent history that I know of. My national comment was because that poll is used by national media outlets but after researching I found the NCAA uses the coaches poll so I may be incorrect on which poll is used.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2016, 02:17 PM
My point was that if Sam stays undefeated, which is a very possible, and stays #1 in the STAT poll the playoff road will go thru Huntsville and then Frisco. If Sam ends up #1 in this poll and doesn't have one of the two top two seeds, it would be the first time in recent history that I know of. My national comment was because that poll is used by national media outlets but after researching I found the NCAA uses the coaches poll so I may be incorrect on which poll is used.

Again, neither one of them is used by the committee. They have their own, they do not rely on either of those polls is the entire point so claiming it as such is not correct.

Daytripper
October 18th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Again, neither one of them is used by the committee. They have their own, they do not rely on either of those polls is the entire point so claiming it as such is not correct.

Although it is likely that the committee uses the STATS and Coaches Poll as a frame of reference when making their own poll...

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Although it is likely that the committee uses the STATS and Coaches Poll as a frame of reference when making their own poll...

Maybe, but if so why is AGS' poll always closer to what the committee does? I am certain that members look at things on their own, don't get me wrong but they have their own, they don't use these. I'll have to go back and listen to the interview from last year but both committee heads we have interviewed have stated that those are not factors in their own (committee's) poll.

Sammy94
October 18th, 2016, 02:38 PM
I never said how or what the committee uses to come to their decision. The fact simply is during the final regular season poll, the #1 team in the poll has been #1 seed. Maybe its just coincidence but its always been that way as far back as I researched.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2016, 02:49 PM
I never said how or what the committee uses to come to their decision. The fact simply is during the final regular season poll, the #1 team in the poll has been #1 seed. Maybe its just coincidence but its always been that way as far back as I researched.
Ok, the way you worded it was different than this so it led to a grey area as to whether you understood it or not.

It hasn't really been a coincidence I don't think as most of the #1's and #2's have been fairly solid across the board...polls probably agreed NDSU was #1 the last five for instance. The previous 5 still sort of solid I imagine. But right now...I would not count on that too much. Look at how many teams are getting #1 votes right now. It will work out by then for sure but I suppose SHSU can't move down if they win out...in the STATS poll that is.

I do know that SOS means a good deal to the committee and so does how a team is performing etc. so it is gonna be interesting to see how those two things clash if SHSU does win out.

BEAR
October 18th, 2016, 03:07 PM
There can only be ONE number ONE.

katstrapper
October 18th, 2016, 11:13 PM
It doesnt matter where SHSU is ranked because many dont think they should be in the playoffs each year anyway.xnodx Kats have won at home and on the road , but just havent been able to get over that last hurdle. Other than losing to SE La and Jax State one time, there has been only one team that the Kats havent been able to knock off in the playoffs the last 5 years and its NDSU.

Kat playoff record vs opponents since 2011...

NDSU ...... 0-3
Jax St....... 1-1
Villanova .. 1-0
Stony Brook . 1-0
Cal Poly ....... 1-0
Colgate ....... 1-0
BIG SKY CONF.. 5-0 (Montana, Montana St, EWU, Southern Utah)
Southland ..... 1-1 ( SE La , McNeese)

This year is starting to remind me of 2011. Everybody complained about the schedule that year with New Mexico being our only big win of year and that FBS win wasnt considered a big win by many. Kats obtained #1 seed that year and ended up losing to eventual champ NDSU in FCS Championship game.

if Kats win out, they will get a top 2 seed, i dont care how much yall complain about schedule.

BamKat
October 19th, 2016, 07:46 AM
It doesnt matter where SHSU is ranked because many dont think they should be in the playoffs each year anyway.xnodx Kats have won at home and on the road , but just havent been able to get over that last hurdle. Other than losing to SE La and Jax State one time, there has been only one team that the Kats havent been able to knock off in the playoffs the last 5 years and its NDSU.

NDSU ...... 0-3
Jax St....... 1-1
Villanova .. 1-0
Stony Brook . 1-0
Cal Poly ....... 1-0
Colgate ....... 1-0

This year is starting to remind me of 2011. Everybody complained about the schedule that year with New Mexico being our only big win of year and that FBS win wasnt considered a big win by many. Kats obtained #1 seed that year and ended up losing to eventual champ NDSU in FCS Championship game.

if Kats win out, they will get a top 2 seed, i dont care how much yall complain about schedule.

2-1 in southland. 1 loss to SELA (13) by 1 point & wins against SELA (14) & McNeese (15).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kalm
October 19th, 2016, 08:33 AM

NDSU ...... 0-3
Jax St....... 1-1
Villanova .. 1-0
Stony Brook . 1-0
Cal Poly ....... 1-0
Colgate ....... 1-0

Recent historical success especially under the same coaching staff and with some of the same players should be considered.

But it's not everything and going back to 2011 is meaningless.

An undefeated Sam should be seeded behind a 1 loss Citadel, EWU, Montana, NDSU, UTC, Richmond, JMU, WIU, YSU, and JSU.

Because your schedule and the past don't tell us enough about this year to justify placing the Kats ahead of any of those.

FargoBison
October 19th, 2016, 08:40 AM
If SHSU was seeded in front of a 1 loss EWU and NDSU then the entire seeding process is a complete sham.

Both of those teams still have a ways to go to get there but if they do they should be seeded ahead of SHSU without question.

Daytripper
October 19th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Recent historical success especially under the same coaching staff and with some of the same players should be considered.

An undefeated Sam should be seeded behind a 1 loss Citadel, EWU, Montana, NDSU, UTC, Richmond, JMU, WIU, YSU, and JSU.

Because your schedule and the past don't tell us enough about this year to justify placing the Kats ahead of any of those.

xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxviolinxxviolinxxviolinxxv iolinx

kalm
October 19th, 2016, 09:08 AM
xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxviolinxxviolinxxviolinxxv iolinx

Yes...I should of went with that reply instead.

Sammy94
October 19th, 2016, 09:29 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23730&stc=1Sham??

Wouldn't be the first time people thought that about Sam. 2013 an 8-4 team made the playoffs. Such an uproar.

Sammy94
October 19th, 2016, 09:41 AM
I do agree playoff selection is a total sham, sure SOS and other factors are considered but the mighty dollar is the biggest deciding factor and that makes it a sham.

dewey
October 19th, 2016, 09:42 AM

I would agree that a undefeated SHSU team (who has played no one...no FBS...Oklahoma Panhandle State (D2...bad D2)...there only good win would be over a ranked UCA team...no other ranked teams) should be behind the following teams.
Assuming all these happen;
-A 1 loss NDSU (loss to SDSU)...IF NDSU goes 10-1 that means they beat YSU and WIU which would drop those teams below SHSU IMHO.
-A 1 loss EWU (1 loss @ NDSU)...IF EWU goes 10-1 that means they beat MT which would drop MT to at best 9-2
-A 1 loss The Citadel team (only loss could be North Carolina...good win over Chattanooga)
-A 1 loss Jacksonville State (only loss should be at LSU in Death Valley)

The fact is SHSU would have 1...let that sink in 1 good win if they go undefeated.

Dewey

TheRevSFA
October 19th, 2016, 09:57 AM
The funny thing is that some Sam fans didn't want to give NDSU credit to stay in the top 3 based upon their history, yet Sam's history is the only way they are even considered as a number one team.

If they had started this year in the bottom half of the top 25, they wouldn't even be considered top 10.

I still think EWU and NDSU would get seeded above Sam...

BisonTru
October 19th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Samantha fans sure do like to hang on to history. Of course selective history, we aren't going to talk about that game in Jacksonville.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--HvtF3XFz--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/18j4mw9dth7l2jpg.jpg

Sammy94
October 19th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Which game in Jacksonville? We don't mind talking about the first one. :D

Sammy94
October 19th, 2016, 10:19 AM
There does come a time when we finally play someone.xeyebrowx We can't help we play in the Southland and are usually paired with the Big Sky in the beginning of the playoffs but we do eventually play someone after that.

stevdock
October 19th, 2016, 12:23 PM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20161018101544530297204&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

This link was right next to the poll on the first page. Yes #1 means something but according to this, apparently it didn't mean much ;)

YoUDeeMan
October 19th, 2016, 01:40 PM
The funny thing is that some Sam fans didn't want to give NDSU credit to stay in the top 3 based upon their history, yet Sam's history is the only way they are even considered as a number one team.

If they had started this year in the bottom half of the top 25, they wouldn't even be considered top 10.

I still think EWU and NDSU would get seeded above Sam...

Now you are simply being silly. No one should start exactly where they left off last year because last year is last year. However, if a team demonstrated that they were good last year, and return most of the starters, then there is a damn good reason to rank them high the following year. That doesn't mean they get ranked exactly as they finished (a team can add players, lose a superstar or two, lose a ton of seniors on the OL/DL, have a coaching change, or the players can all come down with the clap) but it is as good a starting point as any.

Once the games start, ranking teams should relate to how they are performing this year. Struggling? Whomping people? Injuries? Individual players changing? Team philosophy/play calling changes? Speed, strength, smarts (do the players take bad angles, make poor decisions) etc.

Everyone said UNI was a monster. I watched them several games and they are no monster...too many flaws. But, the MVFC clown posse kept telling everyone it was because they played against all of the gods of Olympus. It takes 12 or 13 losses for some of those MVFC folks to put UNI out of the top 25.

If you watch the games, watch the personnel...EWU has an edge in the passing game...SHSU has the better running game. SHSU has the better defense. We've seen these teams tangle before, and SHSU is much, much (light years) better than the SHSU that lost to EWU. I am not sure EWU is any better than that previous team...maybe slightly better on D (and that isn't saying much).

From how they've played so far, NDSU belongs on the road in the playoffs. We'll see if the committee has the balls to turn down that money.

BisonTru
October 19th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Now you are simply being silly. No one should start exactly where they left off last year because last year is last year. However, if a team demonstrated that they were good last year, and return most of the starters, then there is a damn good reason to rank them high the following year. That doesn't mean they get ranked exactly as they finished (a team can add players, lose a superstar or two, lose a ton of seniors on the OL/DL, have a coaching change, or the players can all come down with the clap) but it is as good a starting point as any.

Once the games start, ranking teams should relate to how they are performing this year. Struggling? Whomping people? Injuries? Individual players changing? Team philosophy/play calling changes? Speed, strength, smarts (do the players take bad angles, make poor decisions) etc.

Everyone said UNI was a monster. I watched them several games and they are no monster...too many flaws. But, the MVFC clown posse kept telling everyone it was because they played against all of the gods of Olympus. It takes 12 or 13 losses for some of those MVFC folks to put UNI out of the top 25.

If you watch the games, watch the personnel...EWU has an edge in the passing game...SHSU has the better running game. SHSU has the better defense. We've seen these teams tangle before, and SHSU is much, much (light years) better than the SHSU that lost to EWU. I am not sure EWU is any better than that previous team...maybe slightly better on D (and that isn't saying much).

From how they've played so far, NDSU belongs on the road in the playoffs. We'll see if the committee has the balls to turn down that money.

What's the impressive performances that has you sold on SHSU?

YoUDeeMan
October 19th, 2016, 01:58 PM
BTW, you know what I love (and thank you, everyone, for asking)?

I love the thinkers on this site. Hey, JSU got, "blown out" by an MVFC team because the MVFC is soooooooooooooo tough. SHSU got blown out when they faced a tough team (ignoring all the other teams they beat - can someone from EWU or Big Bad Big Fluffy champ SUU say 5-0 against the Big Fluffy in tourney time?).

One game, folks.

Going by that thinking, 2105 playoff Montana didn't belong on the field with NDSU...37-6. Montana would get crushed by the tough MVFC.

Wait, what's that? Montana beat NDSU two months earlier? Aberration.

Wait, what's that? Montana beat SDSU the week before...AT SDSU? How is that possible?

Wait...JSU got drubbed by NDSU...so the OVC team doesn't deserve to be ranked highly in the playoffs...they got lucky on a weak sided bracket.

Wait...playoff participant Western Illinois got drubbed 59-7 by NDSU...but hey, they get drubbed by more in a tough conference (in a game where conference rivals know each other and should have closer games) so let's let them in based upon losing to other supposedly tough teams. Don't actually win games...just play, and lose to, other teams that, by some circle jerk computer rankings, have a, "tough" SOS rating.
Oh, EWU won't score 40 on an MVFC team...and no way on NDSU. MVFC teams know how to play real football...that air it out **** doesn't work on our teams.

How'd that work out again?

I could go back into other years and demonstrate the same fallacies in that silly train of thought thinking, but I'd at least hope that some of you would come to your senses. But, like some voters in the national political elections, most of you will continue to shut your minds to any new thoughts or ideas.

At least it lends itself to some good laughs.

TheRevSFA
October 19th, 2016, 02:07 PM

I love the thinkers on this site. Hey, JSU got, "blown out" by an MVFC team because the MVFC is soooooooooooooo tough. SHSU got blown out when they faced a tough team (ignoring all the other teams they beat - can someone from EWU or Big Bad Big Fluffy champ SUU say 5-0 against the Big Fluffy in tourney time?).

One game, folks.

Going by that thinking, 2105 playoff Montana didn't belong on the field with NDSU...37-6. Montana would get crushed by the tough MVFC.

Wait, what's that? Montana beat SDSU the week before...AT SDSU? How is that possible?

Wait...JSU got drubbed by NDSU...so the OVC team doesn't deserve to be ranked highly in the playoffs...they got lucky on a weak sided bracket.

Wait...playoff participant Western Illinois got drubbed 59-7 by NDSU...but hey, they get drubbed by more in a tough conference (in a game where conference rivals know each other and should have closer games) so let's let them in based upon losing to other supposedly tough teams. Don't actually win games...just play, and lose to, other teams that, by some circle jerk computer rankings, have a, "tough" SOS rating.
Oh, EWU won't score 40 on an MVFC team...and no way on NDSU. MVFC teams know how to play real football...that air it out **** doesn't work on our teams.

I could go back into other years and demonstrate the same fallacies in that silly train of thought thinking, but I'd at least hope that some of you would come to your senses. But, like some voters in the national political elections, most of you will continue to shut your minds to any new thoughts or ideas.

So in 2105, Montana is going to get blown out? better tell my grandkids to sports bet on that game.

So what has you all over Sam besides the fact that you pretty much are giving KC a good, old fashioned, western grip handjob?

Hammerhead
October 19th, 2016, 02:10 PM
UNI still the 5th best team according to the Sagarin ratings. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
October 19th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Ah, I love this place. I feel badly for anyone wanting to argue FCS in bars or social settings because they just don't know the workouts some of go through on a daily basis just for fun.

That doesn't only happen in Missoula and Fargo does it? xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 19th, 2016, 02:30 PM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20161018101544530297204&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

This link was right next to the poll on the first page. Yes #1 means something but according to this, apparently it didn't mean much ;)

Well, there ya go. That is almost exactly what I was trying to point out earlier. Where was SHSU in the AGS Poll again?

Sammy94
October 19th, 2016, 02:32 PM
So what has you all over Sam besides the fact that you pretty much are giving KC a good, old fashioned, western grip handjob?....

Was the complete beat down of the guys in purple you saw personally earlier this month not enough Rev?

Sammy94
October 19th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Well, there ya go. That is almost exactly what I was trying to point out earlier. Where was SHSU in the AGS Poll again?

if it all plays out like that and Sam is ranked 1st and not a top seed, it'll be the first time in a very long time if ever.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 19th, 2016, 02:41 PM

if it all plays out like that and Sam is ranked 1st and not a top seed, it'll be the first time in a very long time if ever.

Well, do you think their projections are incorrect then? Those things are related when there is a fairly clear #1 in everyone's mind. If SHSU stays there in that poll which is iffy then I am fairly sure you will see why those things can be similar but are not attached as you might be thinking. You reasononing is a bit specious is what I'm trying to get at.

The very place that puts out the poll says it is likely if it ended today, you would be a 4 seed, which is directly where you are at in the AGS Poll. Just saying you might want to not put too much emotional stock n it. If you do get it, good for you guys, you've been very good and that is not in question at all from me.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 19th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Are you having trouble quoting Sammy?

Thumper 76
October 19th, 2016, 02:44 PM

One game, folks.

Well SDSU was AT Montana. And the SUU team you're trumpeting for a big win for SHSU was absolutely boat raced at SDSU 55-10. Now I'm sure it won't count for you cause it was early in the season, because you have more anti MVFC bias than anybody I know has pro MVFC bias on here. But you keep beating that drum since your own team blows.

Mayville Bison
October 19th, 2016, 02:45 PM

One game, folks.
SHSU's 2015 postseason was definitely a who's who of murderers row.
- SUU who half the Big Sky was upset with because they played a soft schedule didn't even get a seed despite conference mate PSU getting a #6 seed.
- McNeese who as an undefeated couldn't convince anyone to give them anything higher than a 4 seed.
- Colgate who made me falsely believe they were good this year because of their playoff run last year against (yeah I should've seen this coming) a UNH team that sneaked into the playoffs and a JMU team without their star QB.
- JSU - the first solid team they played destroyed them. Nothing more to say about the game then that, but by all means "One Game".

Yes, Montana beat NDSU in week 0 in Montana last year. How dare we think teams will be different 10+ weeks later.

If Montana ever gets outbid in a round 1 playoff game, their AD should be fired on the spot. That game was in Montana, but by all means keep spouting off "facts" and calling the rest of us "thinkers".

No one is saying JSU doesn't deserve a high seed because NDSU "drubbed" them. They hadn't been challenged since week 2, so no one really knew who/what they were last year. As for their side being weak, when your toughest game is your first, you can't really argue about it being weak.

I'll concede WIU shouldn't have been in the playoffs with a 6-5 record, but they did win a game in the playoffs...I mean that is the argument you have for Sammy right?

Anyone paying attention to NDSU without the homer glasses on knew NDSU's incredibly young secondary was going to get scored on all game. Oh that's what was said last year after Montana won on a last minute play? Wierd how that works.

Please do bring up some of these same fallacies. It's rather fun picking apart especially when you make incorrect statements...How is that possible?

The only way this should lead to some good laughs on your end is if you are trolling the hell out of the site. If so, bravo, well done sir. If not, well there's always another bottle you can open

Still waiting on a response from your other post in the Number One discussion.....

Let's now take a look at this last post...see bold above

Bison56
October 19th, 2016, 02:49 PM

One game, folks.

Just let go of all your hate.

BisonTru
October 19th, 2016, 02:54 PM

This is all I need to know. You don't actually watch the games.

BTW, let me know if you want to throw some money down on your Bearkitties. Although I'm sure you'll just keep clucking until the paper tigers lose, and then you'll run away to CS and do what you guys do best, not talk football.

Thumper 76
October 19th, 2016, 03:11 PM
This is all I need to know. You don't actually watch the games.

BTW, let me know if you want to throw some money down on your Bearkitties. Although I'm sure you'll just keep clucking until the paper tigers lose, and then you'll run away to CS and do what you guys do best, not talk football.

http://i.imgur.com/SnCcn5m.gif?noredirect

TheRevSFA
October 19th, 2016, 03:23 PM
So what has you all over Sam besides the fact that you pretty much are giving KC a good, old fashioned, western grip handjob?....

Was the complete beat down of the guys in purple you saw personally earlier this month not enough Rev?

Quote issues?

And congrats on beating us. We aren't a good team and have showed it, so if you think your performance against bad teams is what makes you deserving of number one, then by God you're gonna get a rude awakening in the playoffs..or when you play Central Arkansas

Daytripper
October 19th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Seems like people are spending a lot of their precious time tearing down the Bearkats. So be it. All we can do is play whoever is in front of us. When the playoffs arrive, somebody can puff out their chest and say they were right. Of course, if the football gods smile upon Sammy and we win the championship, the naysayers will find other reasons to de-legitimize the accomplishment. Weak playoff competition. Somebody's important player got hurt. The MVFC teams were beat up from playing each other. The MVFC teams were on the same side of the bracket. Keeler's sunglasses were too dark. I'm through arguing about it. Let's just play the games.

centennial
October 19th, 2016, 04:27 PM

Huh? I am a big critic of how up and down NDSU is this year. However, we did beat EWU, CSU, Iowa(5-2 in FBS), Missouri State, and Illinois State. That group of teams would/ did get NDSU into consideration for the AP top 25. There is no team in FCS close. SHSU is 234 in D1 for SOS. NDSU is 107. The average team NDSU has played/ will play is almost exactly as strong as Sam Houston as per Sagarin. 59.56( NDSU average opponent) vs SHSU 59.78.

Thumper 76
October 19th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Looks like its the annual flock of SHSU fans popping in around mid season

centennial
October 19th, 2016, 04:39 PM

Don't worry they will get a nice cushy path to the NC. Hopefully the bunnies don't blow it, and can show them MVFC stronk

Sammy94
October 19th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Is anybody not in the MVFC any good at football?

yes phone is acting up and I am having quote problems. I also don't see any new bearkat posters besides the hen ones.:D

centennial
October 19th, 2016, 04:53 PM

yes phone is acting up and I am having quote problems. I also don't see any new bearkat posters besides the hen ones.:D
Why do hen posters care so much? They should go chat about who their new coach will be.

BisonTru
October 19th, 2016, 05:38 PM

The only one making this about the MVFC is your Clucky friend here. For the life of me I don't know how Jacksonville St and The Citadel who are also undefeated outside a FBS loss, with both of them with a solid win on their resume are behind the Bearkats.

Katfan
October 19th, 2016, 05:58 PM
The only one making this about the MVFC is your Clucky friend here. For the life of me I don't know how Jacksonville St and The Citadel who are also undefeated outside a FBS loss, with both of them with a solid win on their resume are behind the Bearkats.
I don't know either based on results so far to be honest it's very hard for me to figure out how good we are based on our games. I watch a lot of the other games by the other teams in contention for seeding and it hard to compare. I do think we are one of the top 8 teams and should be seeded and have a legitimate chance to make a deep run from there. But even to get there we still have plenty of football to play and several teams will take their shot not the least of which is UCA. We'll see soon enough.

Sammy94
October 19th, 2016, 06:07 PM
All the #1 ranking does honestly at this point is make the target on our backs even bigger. I will admit we do have the best offense I have ever seen at Sam, now if we could just get that 2011 defense back.

Kemo
October 19th, 2016, 06:11 PM
I don't know either based on results so far to be honest it's very hard for me to figure out how good we are based on our games. I watch a lot of the other games by the other teams in contention for seeding and it hard to compare. I do think we are one of the top 8 teams and should be seeded and have a legitimate chance to make a deep run from there. But even to get there we still have plenty of football to play and several teams will take their shot not the least of which is UCA. We'll see soon enough.

Agreed. I'm not a Bearkat hater by any means, but I do have trouble ranking them with the elites because I just don't know with that schedule. I think they are a good team, but there is really no evidence to point to how good of a team they are at the current time.

caribbeanhen
October 19th, 2016, 09:41 PM

One game, folks.

all you had to say Cluck was the MVFC is good but not CAA good when the CAA was good...

dewey
October 19th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Agreed. I'm not a Bearkat hater by any means, but I do have trouble ranking them with the elites because I just don't know with that schedule. I think they are a good team, but there is really no evidence to point to how good of a team they are at the current time.

^^^^^^This right here!

Dewey

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2016, 01:13 AM
all you had to say Cluck was the MVFC is good but not CAA good when the CAA was good...

Yeah, then he wouldn't have shown all of his mountains of inaccuracies and wild bias.

Daytripper
October 20th, 2016, 05:21 AM

I've been here all year, brother...xcoffeex

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2016, 08:34 AM
I've been here all year, brother...xcoffeex

Didn't mean you, I know you have been. There's a couple that I haven't seen around on here though.

BamKat
October 20th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Didn't mean you, I know you have been. There's a couple that I haven't seen around on here though.

Hi

BEAR
October 20th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Serious question. I heard on here that NDSU should remain #1 as long as they keep winning no matter the margin because a win is a win. Does the same apply to Sammy now? It's not like Sammy hasn't been in the top 5 for years and even made it to the big game a few times. But only speaking of this year, do they stay in the #1 spot as long as they keep winning? Or is the standard different than the one for NDSU? And why?

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Serious question. I heard on here that NDSU should remain #1 as long as they keep winning no matter the margin because a win is a win. Does the same apply to Sammy now? It's not like Sammy hasn't been in the top 5 for years and even made it to the big game a few times. But only speaking of this year, do they stay in the #1 spot as long as they keep winning? Or is the standard different than the one for NDSU? And why?
I'd almost guarantee that if SHSU keeps winning they'll stay #1 in this poll because that's what STATS voters do.

But to answer your question about why the standard is different for NDSU is it's simply SOS and quality wins. NDSU has 2 top 10 FCS wins and an FBS win already. SHSU hasn't beaten a team that's even sniffing the top 25 yet. If NDSU wins out they'll likely have 4 or 5 wins over FCS top 25 teams plus the FBS win. SHSU would have 2 at most.

Katfan
October 20th, 2016, 11:03 AM
I'd almost guarantee that if SHSU keeps winning they'll stay #1 in this poll because that's what STATS voters do.

But to answer your question about why the standard is different for NDSU is it's simply SOS and quality wins. NDSU has 2 top 10 FCS wins and an FBS win already. SHSU hasn't beaten a team that's even sniffing the top 25 yet. If NDSU wins out they'll likely have 4 or 5 wins over FCS top 25 teams plus the FBS win. SHSU would have 2 at most.
Lamar is 28th in Massey rankings but you would only use that to point out that we're 13th in same rankings. But seriously I agree our SOS is very bad! Going forward our OOC games look more appealing. (As in next year and there after not this year)

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Hi

Taa daaaaaaaa

Well some of it probably has to do with the fact that NDSU has played against entirely top 25 teams, or FBS, outside of two games, and the only team they played with a losing record still has a B1G win. While SHSU has played against mostly the sisters of the poor. So thats more likely why. But all you SHSU proponents can keep screaming that there is MASSIVE MVFC bias on here. xrolleyesx

Katfan
October 20th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Taa daaaaaaaa

Well some of it probably has to do with the fact that NDSU has played against entirely top 25 teams, or FBS, outside of two games, and the only team they played with a losing record still has a B1G win. While SHSU has played against mostly the sisters of the poor. So thats more likely why. But all you SHSU proponents can keep screaming that there is MASSIVE MVFC bias on here. xrolleyesx
Well there is, but that doesn't mean what you say isn't true!

BamKat
October 20th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Taa daaaaaaaa

I have been reading for years. . .I never post. 3 years ago I had no idea what a "forum" was. Lol. I'm just glad the industry that I am in is not talked about on an open internet discussion.

Carry on. I'm enjoying this!

caribbeanhen
October 20th, 2016, 05:44 PM
I have been reading for years. . .I never post. 3 years ago I had no idea what a "forum" was. Lol. I'm just glad the industry that I am in is not talked about on an open internet discussion.

Carry on. I'm enjoying this!

welcome to the board Johnny "wad" Holmes