PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Week 8 Predictions

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Ok, so there were zero perfect picks, but several people with four. Dewey climbed to within one pick of first place. It's getting intense.

1) Thumper 76: 39
2) dewey: 38
3) The Yo Show: 36
4) BisonFanInNWMN: 36
5) m_miller: 34
6) BisonTru: 34
7) Gil Dolbie: 34
8) ST_Lawson: 33
9) Twenty Six: 33
10) REALBird: 33
11) MR CHICKEN: 33
12) Paladin1aa: 33
13) POD Knows: 32
14) Trumpster: 32
15) Mayville Bison: 32
16) Yotes 21: 31
17) Professor Chaos: 30
18) EIU1999: 29
19) X-Factor: 28
20) clenz: 27
21) bonarae: 26
22) TheKingpin28: 25
23) Bison56: 24
24) DCWIU11: 19
25) ysubigred: 16
26) underdawg: 12

So it sits. The standard is raised. If you don't pick this week and are under 30 you are eliminated. This weeks games to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 07:54 PM
1pm Missouri State @Northern Iowa-PSN/ESPN3

2pm Indiana State @Southern Illinois-ESPN3

2pm Illinois State @South Dakota-MVC/ESPN3

2pm Youngstown State @South Dakota State-MidcoSN/ESPN3

6pm North Dakota State @Western Illinois-NBC ND/ESPN3

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 08:00 PM
MSU Changed from UNI after I realized I did not have MSU.
SIU
USD
SDSU
NDSU

Gil Dobie
October 16th, 2016, 08:13 PM

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Not sure this week is that much easier.

bonarae
October 16th, 2016, 09:45 PM

Twentysix
October 16th, 2016, 09:51 PM

2pm Indiana State @ Southern Illinois-ESPN3

2pm Illinois State @ South Dakota-MVC/ESPN3

2pm Youngstown State @ South Dakota State-MidcoSN/ESPN3

dewey
October 16th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Ok, so there were zero perfect picks, but several people with four. Dewey climbed to within one pick of first place. It's getting intense.

1) Thumper 76: 39
2) dewey: 38
3) The Yo Show: 36
4) BisonFanInNWMN: 36
5) m_miller: 34
6) BisonTru: 34
7) Gil Dolbie: 34
8) ST_Lawson: 33
9) Twenty Six: 33
10) REALBird: 33
11) MR CHICKEN: 33
12) Paladin1aa: 33
13) POD Knows: 32
14) Trumpster: 32
15) Mayville Bison: 32
16) Yotes 21: 31
17) Professor Chaos: 30
18) EIU1999: 29
19) X-Factor: 28
20) clenz: 27
21) bonarae: 26
22) TheKingpin28: 25
23) Bison56: 24
24) DCWIU11: 19
25) ysubigred: 16
26) underdawg: 12

So it sits. The standard is raised. If you don't pick this week and are under 30 you are eliminated. This weeks games to follow.

I am coming for you my rabbit friendxnodx

Dewey

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 10:32 PM
I am coming for you my rabbit friendxnodx

Dewey

https://media3.giphy.com/media/13gkqBgnTK8aKQ/giphy.gif

REALBird
October 17th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Northern Iowa
Indiana State
Illinois State
South Dakota State
North Dakota State

eiu1999
October 17th, 2016, 10:15 AM

Bison56
October 17th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Missouri State @ Northern Iowa

Indiana State @ Southern Illinois

Illinois State @ South Dakota

Youngstown State @ South Dakota State

North Dakota State @ Western Illinois

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Northern Iowa
Indiana State
South Dakota
South Dakota State
North Dakota State (but I'd love to be proven wrong on this pick)

mmiller_34
October 17th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Missouri State @Northern Iowa
Indiana State @Southern Illinois
Illinois State @South Dakota
Youngstown State @South Dakota State
North Dakota State @Western Illinois

mmiller_34
October 17th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Missouri State @ Northern Iowa

Indiana State @ Southern Illinois

Illinois State @ South Dakota

Youngstown State @ South Dakota State

North Dakota State @ Western Illinois

Smart man right here. xdrunkyx

Trumpster
October 17th, 2016, 10:56 AM

Spider from the North
October 17th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Northern Iowa
Indiana State
South Dakota
South Dakota State
North Dakota State

POD Knows
October 17th, 2016, 11:50 AM

Daytripper
October 17th, 2016, 12:34 PM

Reverse psychology??

Professor Chaos
October 17th, 2016, 12:59 PM
I'm just gonna get this out of the way on Monday since I'm so bad at it anyway...

Missouri St @ Northern Iowa - *sigh* Sooner or later the Panthers have to win... don't they???

Indiana St @ Southern Illinois - I don't know... was going to pick the Salukis so going against my instinct has to work better than what I've been doing.

Illinois St @ South Dakota - I think the Yotes are for real.

Youngstown St @ South Dakota St - Hopefully my toxic picking abilities come through in this game. I'd love to see the door open back up for my Bison in the MVFC race.

North Dakota St @ Western Illinois - The Bison should be very motivated because of what happened last week. The Necks should be very motivated because of what happened last year. The homer in me only sees one side of that though.

POD Knows
October 17th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Reverse psychology??

If the same team that played last Saturday against SDSU shows up in WIU, WIU will win, plus we are banged up. Also, I need to gain some ground in the contest. NDSU also struggles at WIU, even when we have really good teams.

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2016, 03:24 PM
If the same team that played last Saturday against SDSU shows up in WIU, WIU will win, plus we are banged up. Also, I need to gain some ground in the contest. NDSU also struggles at WIU, even when we have really good teams.

If the same team that played last Saturday against MSU shows up, we'll be up by two scores at halftime and NDSU will roar back in the second half.
The last four games, we've outscored our opponents 38-14 in the first quarter, but then in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, it's 27-42, 35-52, and 16-37. We are definitely a first-quarter team but we've been able to hold teams off just enough in the second half to win all except for the SDSU game.

Although, you're right...last time NDSU came to Macomb, a worse Leathernecks team than this year's was up by a TD until the 4th quarter, when a Carson Wentz-led Bison team was able to connect on two TDs and win by 7. Then again, both of our wins against NDSU were in the Fargodome (2010 was the last one).

Mayville Bison
October 17th, 2016, 03:52 PM

Could easily see me going 0-5 as easily as 5-0.

POD Knows
October 17th, 2016, 03:58 PM
If the same team that played last Saturday against MSU shows up, we'll be up by two scores at halftime and NDSU will roar back in the second half.
The last four games, we've outscored our opponents 38-14 in the first quarter, but then in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, it's 27-42, 35-52, and 16-37. We are definitely a first-quarter team but we've been able to hold teams off just enough in the second half to win all except for the SDSU game.

Although, you're right...last time NDSU came to Macomb, a worse Leathernecks team than this year's was up by a TD until the 4th quarter, when a Carson Wentz-led Bison team was able to connect on two TDs and win by 7. Then again, both of our wins against NDSU were in the Fargodome (2010 was the last one).

Our average margin of victory in WIU is 10 in the last three games there and one of those games was 37-21. I think it is going to be close

DCWIU11
October 17th, 2016, 04:04 PM
MSU
Indiana State
South Dakota
YSU
WIU

I went with the upsets, because anything is possible in the MVFC. Plus, if WIU can figure out how to play four quarters like they play the first quarter we will hang with almost anyone. But, the key is figuring out how to play four quarters and not giving myself a heart attack. (Plus, nothing against NDSU but when is the last time they lost two straight?)

Yotes21
October 17th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Missouri State @Northern Iowa
Indiana State @Southern Illinois
Illinois State @South Dakota
Youngstown State @South Dakota State
North Dakota State @Western Illinois

BisonTru
October 17th, 2016, 06:25 PM

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2016, 01:22 PM
UNI
SIU
USD
SDSU
NDSU

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2016, 01:55 PM

I picked against my sycamores because for the last 3 weeks, I have picked them and something(s) ridiculous has happened to cost us those games. I assume SIU will somehow pull off a triple lindy at the end of the game.....BUT....will get tackled on the 1 yd line......BUT a facemask will extend the game 1 play where a no-call 2 holds and an offensive pass interference will win them the game.

since im not in the pool it doesnt matter anyway

The Yo Show
October 18th, 2016, 10:05 PM

I'm probably throwing a pick here, but I can't not be a homer and vote my heart.

Bisonwinagn
October 18th, 2016, 10:39 PM
UNI by 3
SIU by 3
ISUr by 3
SDSU by 3 Which team will have the bigger let down after last week?
NDSU by 3 Expecting another close game against a team with a good offense.

CappinHard
October 19th, 2016, 08:10 AM
I picked against my sycamores because for the last 3 weeks, I have picked them and something(s) ridiculous has happened to cost us those games. I assume SIU will somehow pull off a triple lindy at the end of the game.....BUT....will get tackled on the 1 yd line......BUT a facemask will extend the game 1 play where a no-call 2 holds and an offensive pass interference will win them the game.

since im not in the pool it doesnt matter anyway

I'm just going to say this isn't possible. I spent too much time on this last time. Not taking the bait.

dewey
October 19th, 2016, 09:33 AM

2pm Indiana State @ Southern Illinois-ESPN3

2pm Illinois State @ South Dakota-MVC/ESPN3

2pm Youngstown State @ South Dakota State-MidcoSN/ESPN3

6pm North Dakota State @ Western Illinois-NBC ND/ESPN3

I will take the following teams;
UNI
SIU
USD
SDSU
NDSU

Dewey

BisonTru
October 19th, 2016, 10:31 AM
I will take the following teams;
SIU
USD
SDSU
NDSU

Dewey

Cmon Dewey pick all the games. You're our only hope here. I don't want to go through an off season where the Jacks won the marker and the pick ems. xthumbsupx

CappinHard
October 19th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Cmon Dewey pick all the games. You're our only hope here. I don't want to go through an off season where the Jacks won the marker and the pick ups. xthumbsupx

He just knows that no matter who wins the UNI vs. MSU game, they're both still losers this year in the valley, so he didn't want to pick either. xlolx

underdawg
October 19th, 2016, 12:22 PM

Could easily see me going 0-5 as easily as 5-0.

UNI---UNI will wake up and realize how good their defense is

SIU----the only reason is cause I'm a homer--After losing NINE friggin games by one score over the past two seasons, I have no empirical evidence to back my pick.

USD--this game will be close, but the Coyotes are feeling it

SDSU--good D for YSU but will get burned alive by Bunnies Passing attack

NDSU--could be close too

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2016, 01:02 PM
UNI
SIU
USD
SDS
NDS

dewey
October 19th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Cmon Dewey pick all the games. You're our only hope here. I don't want to go through an off season where the Jacks won the marker and the pick ems. xthumbsupx

Thanks for the catch. Not sure what I was thinking.

He just knows that no matter who wins the UNI vs. MSU game, they're both still losers this year in the valley, so he didn't want to pick either. xlolx

LOL! Good one.

Dewey

Twentysix
October 19th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the catch. Not sure what I was thinking.

LOL! Good one.

Dewey

Dewey,I'm rooting for you, well at least until you are in the lead, then i'm probably going to root against you. I can be a fickle bitch like that.

dewey
October 19th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Dewey,I'm rooting for you, well at least until you are in the lead, then i'm probably going to root against you. I can be a fickle bitch like that.

I totally understand as I would do the samething:D

Dewey

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2016, 01:22 AM

UNI

UNI just seems to be in disarray, and Misery St seems to be out to prove something this year. But this is a bad matchup for the Bears. Their qb will need to play well above what he did against ndsu to pull this out.

Indy St

Just think they finally close out a close game.

USD

Since it's in Vermillion, I guess I'll go with them. I could see ISUr coming out with a fire to save their season, but USeD should pull it out.

SDSU

YSU has a good defense and a great D line, but even with that the only team that's held SDSU under 30 points was ndsu, and they had to have three stands inside their own 5 in Fargo to do it. YSU also hasn't seen a passing attack like this yet. Coupled with the Penguins run oriented offense, I don't see them keeping up.

NDSU

They tend to struggle in Macomb, but I still don't think it's enough to overcome and angry Bison team. I wouldn't be shocked if the Leathernecks did pull it out if they manage to put together a full four quarters.

ysubigred
October 20th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Missouri State @Northern Iowa- 19-16

Indiana State @Southern Illinois-77-72

Illinois State @South Dakota-31-24

Youngstown State @ South Dakota State-27-24

North Dakota State @Western Illinois-38-17

MR. CHICKEN
October 21st, 2016, 10:28 AM
NORTHERN IOWA
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
ILLINOIS STATE
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
NORTH DAKOTA STATE

ValleyTalk
October 21st, 2016, 11:14 AM
SDSU

YSU has a good defense and a great D line, but even with that the only team that's held SDSU under 30 points was ndsu, and they had to have three stands inside their own 5 in Fargo to do it. YSU also hasn't seen a passing attack like this yet. Coupled with the Penguins run oriented offense, I don't see them keeping up.

#12 West Virginia had a pretty damn good passing attack. I was on the field to see it first hand and they didn't really beat us with the short passing game, they destroyed us with the deep bombs, about five of them ��

Thumper 76
October 21st, 2016, 11:53 AM
#12 West Virginia had a pretty damn good passing attack. I was on the field to see it first hand and they didn't really beat us with the short passing game, they destroyed us with the deep bombs, about five of them ��
Thats not a good sign for YSU because SDSU is pretty good at the long passing game.

Daved
October 21st, 2016, 12:48 PM
#12 West Virginia had a pretty damn good passing attack. I was on the field to see it first hand and they didn't really beat us with the short passing game, they destroyed us with the deep bombs, about five of them ��They sure did--I think we would've still given them a game if it weren't for that bogus pass interference call late in the game--no team in the FCS has a passing attack like WVU has.

mgbison
October 21st, 2016, 03:30 PM
Problem is sdsu has 2 targets. Ndsu gave a blueprint. Let sdsu go up and down the field,but don't give up the long one and they can be held in check. They can't run the ball in a traditional manner. Also taryn is a heck of an athlete, but seemed very soft. So, if a team can blitz a little and hit him, I could see him getting rattled.

Sdsu was held on a lot of 4th downs, but 4th and short inside the redzone will be a challenge for them, since they don't really have a running game.

Sdsu offense is good, but would be much more stressed having to face ewu's attack.

Thumper 76
October 21st, 2016, 03:38 PM
Problem is sdsu has 2 targets. Ndsu gave a blueprint. Let sdsu go up and down the field,but don't give up the long one and they can be held in check. They can't run the ball in a traditional manner. Also taryn is a heck of an athlete, but seemed very soft. So, if a team can blitz a little and hit him, I could see him getting rattled.

Sdsu was held on a lot of 4th downs, but 4th and short inside the redzone will be a challenge for them, since they don't really have a running game.

Sdsu offense is good, but would be much more stressed having to face ewu's attack.
How did Taryn seem soft? Because hes had a bad ankle all year and went out a couple plays after getting run into the wall? Or because he is smart enough to slide?

And 250 yards rushing is pretty good for having no run game......xcoffeex

mango433
October 21st, 2016, 04:43 PM

Say what now? Taryn seems extremely soft? You aren't stressed about having to face the SDSU offense again?

SDSU moved the ball at will against NDSU, didn't punt once and left tons of points on the board. That game wasn't as close as the final.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2016, 08:08 PM
Say what now? Taryn seems extremely soft? You aren't stressed about having to face the SDSU offense again?

SDSU moved the ball at will against NDSU, didn't punt once and left tons of points on the board. That game wasn't as close as the final.

We'll see if SDSU can keep the intensity up for this coming game. Stig went all in to beat the Bison and it worked.

I hope NDSU gets a 2nd crack at SDSU this year. I bet the Bison coaches will try to bring some pressure on TC the next time....this year or next.

mgbison
October 21st, 2016, 08:18 PM
Yes, I think Taryn is extremely soft.

Yes, SDSU moved the ball at will but only scored 19 points. If the two teams play again, I'd imagine SDSU probably won;t score more than 30. Take away the long explosive play, and let them kick field goals or go for it on 4th down (which I feel confident about stopping). Leaving points on the board is gonna happen when going for it on every 4th down, so you might wanna get used to it.

NDSU offense was the problem, and I thought Stig and company outcoached the Bison staff.

Thumper 76
October 21st, 2016, 08:21 PM
We'll see if SDSU can keep the intensity up for this coming game. Stig went all in to beat the Bison and it worked.

I hope NDSU gets a 2nd crack at SDSU this year. I bet the Bison coaches will try to bring some pressure on TC the next time....this year or next.
The Bison don't have dumb coaches. They may have made a mistake not bringing pressure on TC, but I would bet there is a reason they didn't agaisnt him or EWU. You're more suseptable to getting gashed by him when you bring pressure, through the air or his feet. Especially if you feel your secondary is shaky. I look forward to a second meeting as well, would be a fascinating coaching matchup.

mango433
October 21st, 2016, 08:55 PM

Yes, SDSU moved the ball at will but only scored 19 points. If the two teams play again, I'd imagine SDSU probably won;t score more than 30. Take away the long explosive play, and let them kick field goals or go for it on 4th down (which I feel confident about stopping). Leaving points on the board is gonna happen when going for it on every 4th down, so you might wanna get used to it.

NDSU offense was the problem, and I thought Stig and company outcoached the Bison staff.

Explain why you think Taryn is soft.

mango433
October 21st, 2016, 08:56 PM

Can we stop the narrative about Stig going all in? Besides going for it on fourth down, nothing was really that different. Not his fault that Bison coaches knew Taryn could run and somehow didn't have a game plan for it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2016, 09:19 PM
Can we stop the narrative about Stig going all in? Besides going for it on fourth down, nothing was really that different. Not his fault that Bison coaches knew Taryn could run and somehow didn't have a game plan for it.

call it what you want, I don't know many coaches, if any, would go for it that much. It doesn't matter now, the game is over.

mango433
October 21st, 2016, 09:30 PM
call it what you want, I don't know many coaches, if any, would go for it that much. It doesn't matter now, the game is over.

All, except the fourth and 13, were 2 yards or less and not that difficult. Sure, they didn't all work but not that crazy to have faith in your team to get a yard or two.

Bisonwinagn
October 21st, 2016, 11:00 PM

Stig absolutely made the right decisions to go for it on 4th down. They have a great offense and he had to be thinking it was going to be a high scoring game. Ton's of credit to him for doing it right.

CappinHard
October 21st, 2016, 11:38 PM

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/12215635.jpg

You must be talking about how he cowered when it was 3rd or 4th down, and he needed a couple more yards and decided to slide and avoid contact... Oh wait, that's right, when he knew he needed more yards he lowered his pads and took on contact, and when he didn't need extra yards he slid like a smart QB. You were saying about him being soft?

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2016, 08:44 AM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/12215635.jpg

You must be talking about how he cowered when it was 3rd or 4th down, and he needed a couple more yards and decided to slide and avoid contact... Oh wait, that's right, when he knew he needed more yards he lowered his pads and took on contact, and when he didn't need extra yards he slid like a smart QB. You were saying about him being soft?

For the record, I am not going to call a QB that lit us up the way he did soft. Some people up here think that if a QB slides or runs out of bounds they are soft. This goes back a long way at NDSU with the offenses we used to run I think that TC is a very good and a very smart running QB. Now if we play SDSU again and he slides or runs OB and ends up short of a first down at a critical point of the game then I wills call him soft

mango433
October 22nd, 2016, 10:44 AM
For the record, I am not going to call a QB that lit us up the way he did soft. Some people up here think that if a QB slides or runs out of bounds they are soft. This goes back a long way at NDSU with the offenses we used to run I think that TC is a very good and a very smart running QB. Now if we play SDSU again and he slides or runs OB and ends up short of a first down at a critical point of the game then I wills call him soft

That's the thing, he never slid or ran out of bounds when he knew he needed one or two more yards for a first down. When he did slide or go out of bounds, it was almost always after the first down. I think he ran out of bounds short of a first down but it was behind the line of scrimmage and he had no where to scramble.

X-Factor
October 22nd, 2016, 01:44 PM

2pmIllinois State @South Dakota-MVC/ESPN3

Well, UNI/mo state already kicked off so looks like I'm out this week. Rats! Spent too much time in the garage and caught me off guard. Here are my picks anyway.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 01:55 PM

2pmIllinois State @South Dakota-MVC/ESPN3

Well, UNI/mo state already kicked off so looks like I'm out this week. Rats! Spent too much time in the garage and caught me off guard. Here are my picks anyway.
xlolx talk about squeaking in under the wire xlolx

ST_Lawson
October 22nd, 2016, 02:25 PM
xlolx talk about squeaking in under the wire xlolx

I'd call posting it 45 minutes after the first game kicked off isn't really "squeaking in under the wire", it's barreling right through the damn wire yelling "LEEEEEEROOYYYYYY JEEEEENKIIIIIINS".

Sycamore62
October 22nd, 2016, 03:13 PM
Isub at siu quite possibly the ugliest game i have ever seen

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 03:24 PM
I'd call posting it 45 minutes after the first game kicked off isn't really "squeaking in under the wire", it's barreling right through the damn wire yelling "LEEEEEEROOYYYYYY JEEEEENKIIIIIINS".
According to the time stamp hes 16 minutes before teh first game starts.

ST_Lawson
October 22nd, 2016, 03:30 PM
According to the time stamp hes 16 minutes before teh first game starts.

oh, ok. Is the timestamp given in a non-local time zone then?
Mine says he posted at 1:44 PM, but doesn't say which time zone. Since the MSU @ UNI game kicked off at 1, and since he actually said that it'd already kicked off, I assumed that he was technically 45 minutes late.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 03:31 PM
oh, ok. Is the timestamp given in a non-local time zone then?
Mine says he posted at 1:44 PM, but doesn't say which time zone. Since the MSU @ UNI game kicked off at 1, and since he actually said that it'd already kicked off, I assumed that he was technically 45 minutes late.

Oh **** you're right. That game does not count for him then.