PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 3.0

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 01:25 PM
This was very difficult, lots of tough decisions. Especially with seeding.

WIU at Cal Poly vs 1. EWU
San Diego at Montana vs 8. Chattanooga
Samford at Nova vs 5. The Citadel
EIU at UCA vs 4. SHSU

Wagner at Albany vs 6. James Madison
Charleston Southern at Wofford vs 3. JSU
Lehigh at YSU vs 7. Richmond
UND at SDSU vs 2. NDSU

Autobids: EWU, Charleston Southern, JMU, SDSU, Wagner, Jacksonville State, Lehigh, San Diego, The Citadel, SHSU
At Large:Chattanooga, Richmond, Montana, YSU, Albany, Cal Poly, NDSU, Villanova, WIU, Samford, UCA, UND, EIU, Wofford

LeeshaJo
October 16th, 2016, 01:32 PM
If SDSU wins the Valley, that pretty much means they had to win out, with the victory over NDSU... you really see them not getting a seed?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 16th, 2016, 01:34 PM
^^Agreed. Chatty is not one of the Top 8 teams. The Jacks deserve their seed, at minimum.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 01:36 PM
If SDSU wins the Valley, that pretty much means they had to win out, with the victory over NDSU... you really see them not getting a seed?

Don't pay a lot of attention to autobids, they are very loose projections at this point and based mostly on who is leading the conference at the moment.

The last seed was a complete mess to decide.

If SDSU beats YSU, they will definitely be seeded next week.

leatherneck177
October 16th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Western essentially playing as one of the lowest at large bids? A win and then facing #1 seed? Don't see that one....why not swap out with EIU?

Theee Catrabbit
October 16th, 2016, 02:00 PM
When the Jacks beat YSU next week no reason they aren't the 1 or 2 seed. Of course I live in a world where beating the #1 team in the country actually means something, carry on.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 02:08 PM
When the Jacks beat YSU next week no reason they aren't the 1 or 2 seed. Of course I live in a world where beating the #1 team in the country actually means something, carry on.

Losing to Cal Poly also means something. TCU loss also has some meaning the higher you move up the bracket, at least in relation to NDSU and EWU who beat similar FBS teams.

That said I think I should have put SDSU at #8 but it will all work itself out next week.

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 02:13 PM

We are not the number one or two team. We win convincingly next week and we can talk. That Poly loss at home matters. Though to win in the dome and get sent back there again would be a real kick in the balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Western essentially playing as one of the lowest at large bids? A win and then facing #1 seed? Don't see that one....why not swap out with EIU?

You should ask SDSU about this, they've been screwed like this a number of times.

The NCAA should seed at minimum 16 teams, that would mostly end this nightmare.

LeeshaJo
October 16th, 2016, 02:43 PM
You should ask SDSU about this, they've been screwed like this a number of times.

The NCAA should seed at minimum 16 teams, that would mostly end this nightmare.

How about set the teams, seed the freaking field, and play the games.

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 03:07 PM

You're seriously going to complain when the reality for SDSU is even with the win in Fargo if they don't win out they get sent back up there?

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 03:31 PM
You're seriously going to complain when the reality for SDSU is even with the win in Fargo if they don't win out they get sent back up there?

This is why regionalization sucks. /endthread

grizband
October 16th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Montana just needs to keep winning, and their stock will improve. 9-2 or 10-1 Montana would at least be in the discussion for a seed

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Montana just needs to keep winning, and their stock will improve. 9-2 or 10-1 Montana would at least be in the discussion for a seed

No way they don't get a seed at that record

mmiller_34
October 16th, 2016, 03:38 PM

Montana would get a top 4 seed with that record. Same deal for SDSU. I feel a 9-2 SDSU team should get a top 6 seed.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 03:39 PM
I wanted to do a bracket with SDSU seeded and I like it better honestly...

EIU at Montana vs 8. SDSU
Chalreston Southern at Wofford vs 5. The Citadel
Nova at UCA vs 4. SHSU

Samford at Chattanooga vs 3. JSU
USD at UND vs 2. NDSU

Autobids: EWU, Charleston Southern, JMU, SDSU, Wagner, Jacksonville State, Lehigh, San Diego, The Citadel, SHSU
At Large:Chattanooga, Richmond, Montana, YSU, Albany, Cal Poly, NDSU, Villanova, WIU, Samford, UCA, UND, EIU, Wofford

Redbird007
October 16th, 2016, 03:40 PM

When all is done I do not see Western making the playoffs. They have tough schedule in front of them. Believe they will go 1-4 or 2-3 the remainder of the season. If they go 2-3 will they make it in with a 7-4 slumping record?

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 03:44 PM

Nova at UCA vs 4. SHSU

USD at UND vs 2. NDSU

I could get behind this, especially the possibility of running the Hawks out of town in the Fargodome for the 2nd round would be music to my ears.

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2016, 03:45 PM

EIU at UCA vs 4. SHSU

UND at SDSU vs 2. NDSU

I still think Stony Brook should be in as it sits today. They're now 3-1 in the CAA (4-2 overall) with great wins vs UND and Richmond. That blows away what Wofford has done IMO.

Gangtackle11
October 16th, 2016, 03:49 PM
I still think Stony Brook should be in as it sits today. They're now 3-1 in the CAA (4-2 overall) with great wins vs UND and Richmond. That blows away what Wofford has done IMO.

Stony Brook has Albany last day of the regular season. They possibly can decide it then.

Bisonwinagn
October 16th, 2016, 04:17 PM

It's been mentioned but teams outside of the top 8 are placed by geography regardless of how good they are. SDSU was was ranked 6 a few years ago and got sent to NDSU. My concern is the same thing happens this year with SDSU and UND just missing out on seeds and being sent to NDSU (assuming they get a seed). So you could potentially have the 2 8, and 9 ranked teams playing the first game in a tourney of 24.

Bisonwinagn
October 16th, 2016, 04:20 PM

One more loss at 8-3 would be a question mark for a seed. They could still win the auto bid in the best conf in the country and not be seeded.

Gangtackle11
October 16th, 2016, 04:22 PM
It's been mentioned but teams outside of the top 8 are placed by geography regardless of how good they are. SDSU was was ranked 6 a few years ago and got sent to NDSU. My concern is the same thing happens this year with SDSU and UND just missing out on seeds and being sent to NDSU (assuming they get a seed). So you could potentially have the 2 8, and 9 ranked teams playing the first game in a tourney of 24.

Yes you could because it's all about saving the dough when it comes to the NCAA & FCS playoffs.

Milktruck74
October 16th, 2016, 04:40 PM
I still don't see the SoCon getting 4 teams in....3 but probably not 4.

CID1990
October 16th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Every year somebody (usually a SoCon homer and fan of a bubble team) speculates that the SoCon is going to get 3-4 in.

Did the SoCon get 4 in in the last 20 years even with ASU and GSU?

I think that if The Citadel and UTC both win out they will be the only SoCon teams in. Maybe Samford but I just dont think the perception of the SoCon has changed much since GSU and ASU left. Plus, the CAA will as usual get galf their dang conference in, which is always at the expense of the SoCon. I would love to be wrong but screwing SoCon #3 teams is like a damn mandate for the selection committee

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 04:47 PM

Nova at UCA vs 4. SHSU

USD at UND vs 2. NDSU

The thought of having Montana in Brookings for a playoff game makes me so excited I pee a little. But I do think they end up with a seed.

JSUSoutherner
October 16th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Every year somebody (usually a SoCon homer and fan of a bubble team) speculates that the SoCon is going to get 3-4 in.

I think that if The Citadel and UTC both win out they will be the only SoCon teams in. Maybe Samford but I just dont think the perception of the SoCon has changed much since GSU and ASU left. Plus, the CAA will as usual get galf their dang conference in, which is always at the expense of the SoCon. I would love to be wrong but screwing SoCon #3 teams is like a damn mandate for the selection committee

I think an 8-3 Samford would make the cut. Especially if UCA gets in.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 04:57 PM
You don't exactly need an amazing resume to be one of the last teams in, the playoff field is too big. Any 8-3 SoCon team is going to get in.

There is a real chance the MVFC could be a 3 bid league with all the teams beating each other up.

ElCid
October 16th, 2016, 05:08 PM

I think you are wrong on this a little, especially with no SWAC and MEAC.

The Citadel (Woff, ETSU, Samford, VMI, UNC) With UNC a presumptive loss, we can still lose 2 more, but most likely will lose at least one more to be at 9-2.

UTC (VMI, WCU, Woff, Alabama) With Alabama a presumptive loss, they can lose one more, but probably lose none to be 9-2.

Samford (WCU, Miss St, Cid, Mercer, ETSU) With Miss St a presumptive loss, they can lose one more and that is likely, but they might not to be 8-3 or 9-2. The Cent Ark win is their ace in the hole at 8-3.

None of these teams will be left out at 9-2 or probably not even at 8-3.

Wofford is another animal...(Cid, Mercer, Furman, UTC, VMI) at 4-2 now, they need to go 4-1 to have a shot, but against us and UTC, not to mention Mercer and a possibly revitalized Furman, and even VMI, not likely. They probably go 3-2 to be at 7-4 and left out.

Mercer is long shot at 3-3. They need to win out (Peay, Wofford, ETSU, Samford, Furman). Not likely at all. Probably 3-2 or 4-1 at best. Again, 7-4 at best and left out.

No, I think three is realistic. Four a long shot and not likely. But here is still a ways to go. Lots could change.

LeeshaJo
October 16th, 2016, 05:48 PM
The thought of having Montana in Brookings for a playoff game makes me so excited I pee a little. But I do think they end up with a seed.

This made me crack up😂

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
October 16th, 2016, 05:59 PM

3-0 so far in CAA, but after the Sacred Heart blowout I'm not counting any chickens, just playing it week to week. Next up Delaware.

geaux_sioux
October 16th, 2016, 06:02 PM
So if UND, which I doubt will happen, runs the table would they be worthy of a seed? I know the schedule is perceived as weak even though most of the teams we have played have vastly overplayed their preseason rankings but would that hold us back? I mean our schedule is rated 30 spots ahead of Montana yet they have the name brand thing going for them. I feel like we will lose one more this year but if we don't what do you think?

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 06:09 PM
So if UND, which I doubt will happen, runs the table would they be worthy of a seed? I know the schedule is perceived as weak even though most of the teams we have played have vastly overplayed their preseason rankings but would that hold us back? I mean our schedule is rated 30 spots ahead of Montana yet they have the name brand thing going for them. I feel like we will lose one more this year but if we don't what do you think?

UND would definitely be in the mix, heck they were almost in the mix this week.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2016, 07:13 PM

If UND runs the table they will likely be a top 5-10 team. A seed is certainly possible.

kalm
October 16th, 2016, 07:42 PM

This is a very interesting point. I think both teams finish 9-2 but Montana would trail in the quality win (Cal Poly) and SOS.

RootinFerDukes
October 16th, 2016, 07:44 PM

EIU at UCA vs 4. SHSU

UND at SDSU vs 2. NDSU

No way in hell is the committee going to let JMU get the easier opponent than Richmond. It's more like Wagner/Lehigh to UR and Albany/YSU to JMU. Let's be honest.

leatherneck177
October 16th, 2016, 07:56 PM

i understand regionalization and think it sucks. My point is Cal Poly and EWU doesn't feel like regionally based games. Southland, OVC and Southern Conferences are all better fits, even UND.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 07:58 PM
i understand regionalization and think it sucks. My point is Cal Poly and EWU doesn't feel like regionally based games. Southland, OVC and Southern Conferences are all better fits, even UND.

Once you get away from busing distance anything can happen and there is a shortage of teams west of the Mississippi.

Gangtackle11
October 16th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Week 7:

Villanova/Stony Brook vs. #1 NDSU

Montana/North Dakota vs. #8 South Dakota State

UCA/Chattanooga vs. #5 Sam Houston State

Cal Poly/San Diego vs. #4 Eastern Washington

Western Illinois/Eastern Illinois vs. #3 Jacksonville State

UNH/Duquesne vs. #6 Richmond

Youngstown State/Lehigh vs.#7 JMU

Charleston Southern/Samford vs. #2 The Citadel

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2016, 08:55 PM

EIU at UCA vs 4. SHSU

UND at SDSU vs 2. NDSU

why is Montana always eating at the Magnolia Bakery in round 1?

Gangtackle11
October 16th, 2016, 09:11 PM
http://nobowls.com/

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 09:16 PM

regionalization and Cal Poly cant play Montana in the 1st round due to conference match ups. Anyone in the West would love to have the easier side of the bracket that the East usually gets, but alas they do not and that is why the good teams are usually bounced way too early in tournament since the NCAA board members wont seed every team and let the best play the best towards the end of the tourney.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 09:17 PM

This has about as much worth as the Czar's insight, Chattowns rants, the National FCS "Top25" slot-vote poll, and/or the Coaches poll.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 09:18 PM

Well SD-CP would be a natural pairing but they played in non-conference and the committee has pledged to move away from non-conference rematches. Thus Montana is left as the lone western FCS team left that can host them.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 09:21 PM
This is about as useful as the Czar's insight, Chattowns rants, the National FCS "Top25" slot-vote poll, and/or the Coaches poll.

Wow nobowls is usually solid, that is hot garbage.

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 09:23 PM

Don't know about Chatty being a seed over SDSU. I'm biased but I think our resume is better.

BisonTru
October 16th, 2016, 09:23 PM
My try.

Autos
At large

N Dakota St
Lehigh

North Dakota

Jacksonville St
St. Francis

South Dakota St
1. North Dakota St

Eastern Wash
San Diego

The Citadel
Western Ill

San Diego
8. Montana

Sam Houston St
Youngstown

Cal Poly

Charleston S
S Dakota St

Richmond
James Madison

St. Francis

Montana
Villanova

Youngstown
4. The Citadel

Cal Poly

North Dakota

Albany
5. Sam Houston St

Chattanooga

Sacred Heart

Central Ark

Samford

Albany

Eastern Ill

Eastern Ill

Western Ill
3. Eastern Wash

Sacred Heart

Samford
6. Charleston S

James Madison

Villanova

Lehigh
7. Richmond

Central Ark
2. Jacksonville St

Chattanooga

Last 4 Out:

Stony Brook

Wofford

New Hampshire

Fordham

The last at large was between Stony Brook and Sacred Heart. With the head to head result I gave the nod to Sacred Heart for maybe the first not sure? at large bid ever.

I also could flip a coin for Montana or James Madison for the final seed.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 09:26 PM
My try.

Autos
At large

N Dakota St
Lehigh

North Dakota

Jacksonville St
St. Francis

South Dakota St
1. North Dakota St

Eastern Wash
San Diego

The Citadel
Western Ill

Eastern Ill
8. Montana

Sam Houston St
Youngstown

Western Ill

Charleston S
S Dakota St

Richmond
James Madison

St. Francis

Montana
Villanova

Youngstown
4. The Citadel

Cal Poly

North Dakota

Albany
5. Sam Houston St

Chattanooga

Sacred Heart

Central Ark

Samford

Albany

San Diego

Eastern Ill

Cal Poly
3. Eastern Wash

Sacred Heart

Samford
6. Charleston S

James Madison

Villanova

Lehigh
7. Richmond

Central Ark
2. Jacksonville St

Chattanooga

Last 4 Out:

Stony Brook

Wofford

New Hampshire

Fordham

3 things that stands out is 5 MVFC on 1 side again, WIU played EIU earlier this season, and EWU over JSU, but other than that, I think that this looks solid. The first 2 I think wont happen but the 3rd could.

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 09:32 PM
My try.

Autos
At large

N Dakota St
Lehigh

North Dakota

Jacksonville St
St. Francis

South Dakota St
1. North Dakota St

Eastern Wash
San Diego

The Citadel
Western Ill

Eastern Ill
8. Montana

Sam Houston St
Youngstown

Western Ill

Charleston S
S Dakota St

Richmond
James Madison

St. Francis

Montana
Villanova

Youngstown
4. The Citadel

Cal Poly

North Dakota

Albany
5. Sam Houston St

Chattanooga

Sacred Heart

Central Ark

Samford

Albany

San Diego

Eastern Ill

Cal Poly
3. Eastern Wash

Sacred Heart

Samford
6. Charleston S

James Madison

Villanova

Lehigh
7. Richmond

Central Ark
2. Jacksonville St

Chattanooga

Last 4 Out:

Stony Brook

Wofford

New Hampshire

Fordham

The last at large was between Stony Brook and Sacred Heart. With the head to head result I gave the nod to Sacred Heart for maybe the first not sure? at large bid ever.

Are you goin off of now? If you are then ndsu doesn't have the MVFC auto bid.

3 things that stands out is 5 MVFC on 1 side again, WIU played EIU earlier this season, and EWU over JSU, but other than that, I think that this looks solid. The first 2 I think wont happen but the 3rd could.

I don't count five MVFC teams in there maybe I'm crazy.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 09:34 PM
There are four MVFC teams on one side, the new rules state they won't put them all on one side.

BisonTru
October 16th, 2016, 09:34 PM

Good point on the 4 MVFC teams on one side. I'll have to move a matchup. WIU and EIU played earlier this year as did Cal Poly and San Diego, but splitting up those matchups would create an extra flight, so they would stay intact.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 09:35 PM

I don't count five MVFC teams in there maybe I'm crazy.

Wow I do not know how I counted 1 of the teams 2x. I do not know which one, but one of them must have been.

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Wow I do not know how I counted 1 of the teams 2x. I do not know which one, but one of them must have been.

Drunk people smh

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Good point on the 4 MVFC teams on one side. I'll have to move a matchup. WIU and EIU played earlier this year as did Cal Poly and San Diego, but splitting up those matchups would create an extra flight, so they would stay intact.

I thought they could not play each other and if they did they had to have a different opponent regardless if they were outside of bus range.

- - - Updated - - -

Drunk people smh

Nah I was never solid at teh maths.

BisonTru
October 16th, 2016, 09:39 PM

No, mine is predictive of how the season will play out, and honestly I don't spend a lot of thought on who is going to get the auto for conferences like the CAA, MVFC, and Big Sky. All three of those conferences there will be at large selections and at larges may be ranked higher than an auto in their own conference.

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 09:40 PM
No, mine is predictive of how the season will play out, and honestly I don't spend a lot of thought on who is going to get the auto for conferences like the CAA, MVFC, and Big Sky. All three of those conferences there will be at large selections and at larges may be ranked higher than an auto in their own conference.

I'm guessing you think SDSU loses to YSU and UNI then and then YSU loses to NDSU?

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Non-conference rematches are discouraged, they can still happen.

BisonTru
October 16th, 2016, 09:43 PM
I thought they could not play each other and if they did they had to have a different opponent regardless if they were outside of bus range.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah I was never solid at teh maths.

Nope it just discourages them if they can be split up without creating an additional plane trip.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Non-conference rematches are discouraged, they can still happen.

I feel like after last years debacle, the committee will do whatever they can to make sure they out NDSU or SDSU on opposite sides of each other and if WIU and YSU make it in that they will either go with NDSU or SDSU but that the committee will finally give justice to NDSU and SDSU and see if they can repeat in the finals, which based off of this game, would not be a bad option. But I am unbiased IMHO. xlolx

BisonTru
October 16th, 2016, 09:47 PM
I'm guessing you think SDSU loses to YSU and UNI then and then YSU loses to NDSU?

I'd have SDSU winning out till UNI and then dropping that one on the road. Which would in fact I believe give them the auto. I could see SDSU at 8-3, 7-1 winning the auto, but still going into the tournament as I set it. Which, BTW, IMO, is certainly not fair, but with how it's set up could easily work out.

I actually spent quite some time contemplating the NEC and Patroit autos, because depending on who wins the auto could be a bracket buster for someone else.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 09:50 PM
I feel like after last years debacle, the committee will do whatever they can to make sure they out NDSU or SDSU on opposite sides of each other and if WIU and YSU make it in that they will either go with NDSU or SDSU but that the committee will finally give justice to NDSU and SDSU and see if they can repeat in the finals, which based off of this game, would not be a bad option. But I am unbiased IMHO. xlolx

It is really hard to separate them, unless two of three are seeded(I'm also tossing UND into this mix).

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 09:57 PM
It is really hard to separate them, unless two of three are seeded(I'm also tossing UND into this mix).

Which is why I am rooting for UND to make the playoffs and nothing else and USD. I think USD has finally figured out what they need to do and YSU has another late collapse and they get replaced by USD. I think SDSU finally gets seeded or sent to the other side of the bracket with with the following game to be EIU VS WIU and the winner of USD vs UND going to Fargo.

CappinHard
October 17th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Which is why I am rooting for UND to make the playoffs and nothing else and USD. I think USD has finally figured out what they need to do and YSU has another late collapse and they get replaced by USD. I think SDSU finally gets seeded or sent to the other side of the bracket with with the following game to be EIU VS WIU and the winner of USD vs UND going to Fargo.

I'm a big fan of this. Is there a petition I can sign somewhere to make sure this happens? One would think that the committee would take note of how many times SDSU has been sent to Fargo, but that almighty dollar always gets in the way of good judgement.

ccd494
October 17th, 2016, 11:00 AM
So, rank these. All rankings by Sagarin:

TEAM A
L @#92
L @#46
L v.#105
W v. #215
W @ #172
W v. #156 **TEAM C**

TEAM B
L @#63
W v. #196
L @#167
W @#229
W v.#162
W v.#212
L @#105

TEAM C
W @#168
W @#229
W v.#196
W v.#182
L @#107
L @#173 **TEAM A**

TEAM D
W @#131
L @#60
W v.#107
L v.#190
W v.#170
W v.#229

coover
October 17th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Western essentially playing as one of the lowest at large bids? A win and then facing #1 seed? Don't see that one....why not swap out with EIU?You actually believe that WIU would beat the Mustangs in SLO? Incredible!

F'N Hawks
October 17th, 2016, 11:39 AM
So, rank these. All rankings by Sagarin:

TEAM A
L @#92
L @#46
L v.#105
W v. #215
W @ #172
W v. #156 **TEAM C**

TEAM B
L @#63
W v. #196
L @#167
W @#229
W v.#162
W v.#212
L @#105

TEAM C
W @#168
W @#229
W v.#196
W v.#182
L @#107
L @#173 **TEAM A**

TEAM D
W @#131
L @#60
W v.#107
L v.#190
W v.#170
W v.#229

What a mess, hard to decipher monster numbers like that and make any meaning from them.

My guess:

Team D
Team A
Team B
Team C

(p.s. - I am a quality win guy, not a quality loss guy when it comes to FCS games).

ccd494
October 17th, 2016, 12:21 PM
What a mess, hard to decipher monster numbers like that and make any meaning from them.

My guess:

Team D
Team A
Team B
Team C

(p.s. - I am a quality win guy, not a quality loss guy when it comes to FCS games).

A is Maine, B is UNH, C is Albany, D is Stony Brook.

Obviously, there's a lot of nuance in there (margin of victory, FBS wins, etc.). But it seems nuts to have Albany in the playoffs right now.

F'N Hawks
October 17th, 2016, 12:26 PM

Obviously, there's a lot of nuance in there (margin of victory, FBS wins, etc.). But it seems nuts to have Albany in the playoffs right now.

I defended Stony Brook and didn't even know it. xlolx

DallasSpider
October 17th, 2016, 02:00 PM

I think the nuances are more telling though. Albany came off a triple overtime loss in what was hyped as the biggest game in the history of their program to travel away to an always dangerous (when at home, still haven't forgotten 2014 xsmhx) Maine team. That is going to be a hard game to win no matter how strong or weak either team is. I think the group of Maine, Albany, UNH, SBU, and now Villanova will separate in some form the next few weeks.

seattlespider
October 17th, 2016, 02:45 PM
My try.

Autos
At large

N Dakota St
Lehigh

North Dakota

Jacksonville St
St. Francis

South Dakota St
1. North Dakota St

Eastern Wash
San Diego

The Citadel
Western Ill

San Diego
8. Montana

Sam Houston St
Youngstown

Cal Poly

Charleston S
S Dakota St

Richmond
James Madison

St. Francis

Montana
Villanova

Youngstown
4. The Citadel

Cal Poly

North Dakota

Albany
5. Sam Houston St

Chattanooga

Sacred Heart

Central Ark

Samford

Albany

Eastern Ill

Eastern Ill

Western Ill
3. Eastern Wash

Sacred Heart

Samford
6. Charleston S

James Madison

Villanova

Lehigh
7. Richmond

Central Ark
2. Jacksonville St

Chattanooga

Last 4 Out:

Stony Brook

Wofford

New Hampshire

Fordham

If Richmond is the Auto, that means they won the conference, which means they beat JMU and probably win out. In that scenario, they're a top three seed likely.

FUBeAR
October 17th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I still don't see the SoCon getting 4 teams in

http://www.essilor.com/en/EyeHealth/LensesForYourVision/TestyourEyes/Pages/EyetestforDistancevision.aspx

OR

Acts 9:18 (if you're feelin' Biblical about your Football)

FUBeAR
October 17th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Every year somebody...speculates that the SoCon is going to get 3-4 in.

Plus, the CAA will as usual get half their dang conference in, which is always at the expense of the SoCon. I would love to be wrong but screwing SoCon...teams is like a damn mandate for the selection committee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ

Daytripper
October 17th, 2016, 04:26 PM
My try.

Autos
At large

N Dakota St
Lehigh

North Dakota

Jacksonville St
St. Francis

South Dakota St
1. North Dakota St

Eastern Wash
San Diego

The Citadel
Western Ill

San Diego
8. Montana

Sam Houston St
Youngstown

Cal Poly

Charleston S
S Dakota St

Richmond
James Madison

St. Francis

Montana
Villanova

Youngstown
4. The Citadel

Cal Poly

North Dakota

Albany
5. Sam Houston St

Chattanooga

Sacred Heart

Central Ark

Samford

Albany

Eastern Ill

Eastern Ill

Western Ill
3. Eastern Wash

Sacred Heart

Samford
6. Charleston S

James Madison

Villanova

Lehigh
7. Richmond

Central Ark
2. Jacksonville St

Chattanooga

Last 4 Out:

Stony Brook

Wofford

New Hampshire

Fordham

If SHSU is the autobid, that means they defeated UCA and likely finished undefeated. That will get them a top 4 seed at minimum.

Grizzlies82
October 17th, 2016, 04:29 PM

Relax Thumper. Montana would win regardless of where that game was played. Though it might be nice to see your new stadium!

Grizalltheway
October 17th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Relax Thumper. Montana would win regardless of where that game was played. Though it might be nice to see your new stadium!

xlolx

Yep. Let's not forget how excited UNI was to finally get us in the dome. xreadx

ngineer
October 17th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Think the Committee would have Lehigh and 'nova face off in first round having played each other already this year?

FargoBison
October 17th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Think the Committee would have Lehigh and 'nova face off in first round having played each other already this year?

Not as long as you can bus somewhere else, like YSU.

Gangtackle11
October 17th, 2016, 04:46 PM

Not with the NEC champ in the region.

BisonTru
October 17th, 2016, 04:55 PM
If SHSU is the autobid, that means they defeated UCA and likely finished undefeated. That will get them a top 4 seed at minimum.

Depends on how the committee sees it. The Citadel and JSU will also be undefeated vs the FCS. NDSU and EWU both already have a loss but have played much tougher competition. Even Chuck S will probably only have the NDSU loss outside of Florida State. All or any of these teams dropping another game helps SHSUs seed stock.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 17th, 2016, 07:33 PM

I think Lehigh would have a great chance to host if Albany, Stony Brook, Maine or SHU make it. Perhaps Richmond if they Spiders lose one more. I think YSU will be a seed if they keep winning so that rules them out. I highly doubt they pair 'Nova and Lehigh up again.

A 9-2 Lehigh team with a solid schedule, well above average facilities and $$ would be an interesting team come selection Sunday. So much football to play. They need to bring their A game the next two weeks....

If it's a road game within 350 miles I'm there! I just want to see playoff football again. Five years is too long of a draught...

caribbeanhen
October 17th, 2016, 08:57 PM
regionalization and Cal Poly cant play Montana in the 1st round due to conference match ups. Anyone in the West would love to have the easier side of the bracket that the East usually gets, but alas they do not and that is why the good teams are usually bounced way too early in tournament since the NCAA board members wont seed every team and let the best play the best towards the end of the tourney.

so your saying Robert Wagner of Staten Island wont be making his way up to Montana anymore