PDA

View Full Version : Number one.

Milktruck74
October 15th, 2016, 06:19 PM
I'm going to have to take a hot scrub shower tomorrow when I vote for Jax State as number one. Arrrrgh.

dewey
October 15th, 2016, 06:30 PM
I'm going to have to take a hot scrub shower tomorrow when I vote for Jax State as number one. Arrrrgh.

I would make a strong g case for Eastern Washington as #1.

Dewey

JaxSinfonian
October 15th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks for your vote. If you give me your address I'll mail you a bar of soap.

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2016, 06:35 PM
I really think there are few teams that could argue, but it will be interesting to see. I do not think EWU will be due to that head to head loss, but we will see.

Matt
October 15th, 2016, 06:36 PM

Dewey

Seconded

mmiller_34
October 15th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Seconded

Thirded

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Yes ewu is my new #1 at this point

dewey
October 15th, 2016, 06:42 PM
EWU has a win over a power 5 Washington State, UNI and an overtime loss at NDSU.

Jacksonville State's only loss is at LSU but there best win is Coastal Carolina 27-26 but they haven't lost to an FCS team yet.

Dewey

Wutsurname
October 15th, 2016, 06:50 PM
I'm voting Eastern Washington as number 1. Dropping NDSU to 3 or 4, likely 4. Where does SDSU end up is what I'm curious about.

dewey
October 15th, 2016, 06:53 PM
I'm voting Eastern Washington as number 1. Dropping NDSU to 3 or 4, likely 4. Where does SDSU end up is what I'm curious about.

As big as the win was by SDSU they still have an FBS loss and a FCS loss. No doubt SDSU is a top ten team but are they above SHSU, JSU, The Citadel, Youngstown State (assuming they win)? I don't think so. Even Chattanooga may have a case to be ranked higher.

Dewey

dgtw
October 15th, 2016, 07:18 PM

Dewey

The way we played against Austin Peay is a good argument as to why you shouldn't rank us #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadlandsGrizFan
October 15th, 2016, 07:20 PM
If NDSU losses to say UNI does a Montana or EWU that wins out the rest of the season jump NDSU and get home field??? I would argue at least EWU should. Possibly montana

Red & Black
October 15th, 2016, 07:22 PM
Hell, NDSU still has a very strong case for #1.

They are still #1 in my list, anyway...if nothing else, due to the Iowa win.

EWU's win over WSU is also starting to look like a very good win.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 07:28 PM
As big as the win was by SDSU they still have an FBS loss and a FCS loss. No doubt SDSU is a top ten team but are they above SHSU, JSU, The Citadel, Youngstown State (assuming they win)? I don't think so. Even Chattanooga may have a case to be ranked higher.

Dewey
No way Chatty can be voted above SDSU at this point. SDSU has a loss to TCU and a Cal Poly. Chattanooga has beaten nobody and lost. The Mocs can prove themselves later, in the meantime, SDSU went into Fargo and won. That's better than anything on UTC's resume.

KPSUL
October 15th, 2016, 07:30 PM
I may think some more about it, but right now I don't see EWU #1, ahead of NDSU. They both have 1 loss, but head to head, NDSU won.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Hell, NDSU still has a very strong case for #1.

They are still #1 in my list, anyway...if nothing else, due to the Iowa win.

EWU's win over WSU is also starting to look like a very good win.

I don't get this rationale. NDSU is obviously not the best team in the country today. They weren't even the best team in Fargo. Their resume is great. Top 3-5 for sure, but EWU's only loss is in OT on the road at Fargo. They haven't lost since. EWU or Jax St should take #1 for at least a few weeks. If the Bison win out, maybe they get it back.

Bison56
October 15th, 2016, 07:32 PM
No way Chatty can be voted above SDSU at this point. SDSU has a loss to TCU and a Cal Poly. Chattanooga has beaten nobody and lost. The Mocs can prove themselves later, in the meantime, SDSU went into Fargo and won. That's better than anything on UTC's resume.
^this, chatty played no one and the first quality team they play they get beat. The score was closer than the game imo

PantherRob82
I may think some more about it, but right now I don't see EWU #1, ahead of NDSU. They both have 1 loss, but head to head, NDSU won.

But EWU was on the road and NDSU lost today. Timing counts.

JSUSoutherner
The way we played against Austin Peay is a good argument as to why you shouldn't rank us #1.

Agreed. Not sure who I will put at number one, but it won't be us.

Milktruck74
October 15th, 2016, 07:33 PM

Something with pumous.....I gotta scrub it off.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 15th, 2016, 07:35 PM
I think JMU deserves to be in the conversation for number one.

Bisonwinagn
October 15th, 2016, 07:39 PM
I will wait to vote based on the Sagarin rankings.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 07:44 PM

I think they need to be mentioned, but what is their evidence so far? Undefeated in FCS play, but some close games I didn't expect to be close. I feel like I may not know how good they are until the Richmond game.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 07:45 PM
I will wait to vote based on the Sagarin rankings.

Computers are a good data point, but I use them to check my work, and not as a starting point.

KPSUL

Very good team, no question, but it would take a win over Richmond on Nov 5th before I'd give it serious consideration.

Cocky
Continue to drink and a number 1 will come to you by morning.

Southern Bison
October 15th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Based on your political board posts, you opinions suck hind tit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BlueHenSinfonian
October 15th, 2016, 07:55 PM
I think they need to be mentioned, but what is their evidence so far? Undefeated in FCS play, but some close games I didn't expect to be close. I feel like I may not know how good they are until the Richmond game.

The Maine, UNH, and W&M wins are all solid FCS wins, and I'd say stronger than any of JSU's wins. EWU does have Washington State, which is impressive, as well as UNI, but they have the head to head loss vs NDSU.

I think it's a tossup between JMU and EWU right now, but having watched JMU, I'd give them the edge. The team is ridiculously fast, they dismantled us easily, made us look like a D2 team out there. Some of their CAA wins have been close, but the CAA is doing its normal beat-each-other-up thing this year.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 07:58 PM
The Maine, UNH, and W&M wins are all solid FCS wins, and I'd say stronger than any of JSU's wins. EWU does have Washington State, which is impressive, as well as UNI, but they have the head to head loss vs NDSU.

I think it's a tossup between JMU and EWU right now, but having watched JMU, I'd give them the edge. The team is ridiculously fast, they dismantled us easily, made us look like a D2 team out there. Some of their CAA wins have been close, but the CAA is doing its normal beat-each-other-up thing this year.

I'm not sure Maine or W&M are solid wins.

EWU lost head to head in OT in Fargo. I don't see why that should eliminate them from being #1 give weeks later.

Wutsurname
October 15th, 2016, 08:02 PM

Dewey

I think if YSU wins I'll put them in my top ten over SDSU. That's what will make my decision. I'm dropping UTC completely out of my top ten, if YSU wins I've got UTC at 12 behind SDSU.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 15th, 2016, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure Maine or W&M are solid wins.

EWU lost head to head in OT in Fargo. I don't see why that should eliminate them from being #1 give weeks later.

W&M is debatable, but Maine is solid. They have three losses - two to decent FBS teams (UConn and Toledo) and one to JMU.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:03 PM
W&M is debatable, but Maine is solid. They have three losses - two to decent FBS teams (UConn and Toledo) and one to JMU.

And wins?

Matt
October 15th, 2016, 08:05 PM
I hate myself and want to bathe in lava, but I agree JMU should be in the discussion. If everything were RE-ranked tomorrow morning, I'd say it's EWU-JMU 1-2. I'd put us at 4. Maybe... NDSU at 3

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:07 PM
I hate myself and want to bathe in lava, but I agree JMU should be in the discussion. If everything were RE-ranked tomorrow morning, I'd say it's EWU-JMU 1-2. I'd put us at 4. Maybe... NDSU at 3

Richmond is a tough team to place. It seems like they have their stuff back together, but that Stony Brook game was so lopsided.

ElCid
Guys, before you receive the wrath of Ursus, remember to not give your specific team rankings in your polls. Kind of hard not to, when talking about number one, but some of the other comments are giving specific spots.

BlueHenSinfonian
And wins?

Albany is their statement win, and they beat us, which may or may not be a quality win (I'd like to think it is, but the way this season is going...)

Catatonic
October 15th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Sam gets my vote for no. 1. 6-0 and a team that historically gets stronger after a slow start.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Albany is their statement win, and they beat us, which may or may not be a quality win (I'd like to think it is, but the way this season is going...)

I hadn't seen that score.

I think the biggest issue JMU faces: inconsitency in the CAA.

- if Richmond didn't have the Stony Brook loss they would be #1 on Monday.
-Albany started strong with no big wins, but now has lost two straight. Hard to place them.
-Stony Brook waxed Richmond but has been lackluster since.
-New Hampshire for off to a slow start, went undefeated in the CAA in an unimpressive manner until today.

Just tough to measure.

- - - Updated - - -

Sam gets my vote for no. 1. 6-0 and a team that historically gets stronger after a slow start.

xanim_chaix

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 08:15 PM

Beware the homer clause. No one may share your sentiment.

Grizalltheway
October 15th, 2016, 08:15 PM
Montana. 128 unanswered points, people.xrulesx

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 08:16 PM

I'm not even sure you guys should get credit for playing those games. They were basically bye weeks.

slostang
October 15th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Where do you put Cal Poly? Road win against South Dakota State and home win against Montana. Loss it OT to Nevada and by 7 on the road at North Dakota. Cal Poly put 55 points and 657 yards up today on the road at Portland State.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 15th, 2016, 08:23 PM

Sam has a nice record, but they've played a D2, the trio of Southland newcomers, and a down SFA team thus far. The Southland as a whole seems to be down this year apart form Sam, but they still have the toughest games of their schedule ahead.

Still, 6-0 at this point is impressive, and as long as we're talking about that, The Citadel is also 6-0, but with a win against Chatty that's more impressive than anything SHSU has thus far.

I hadn't seen that score.

I think the biggest issue JMU faces: inconsitency in the CAA.

- if Richmond didn't have the Stony Brook loss they would be #1 on Monday.
-Albany started strong with no big wins, but now has lost two straight. Hard to place them.
-Stony Brook waxed Richmond but has been lackluster since.
-New Hampshire for off to a slow start, went undefeated in the CAA in an unimpressive manner until today.

Just tough to measure.

- - - Updated - - -

xanim_chaix

You're not wrong. Albany has two losses, but one was a 3OT loss to Richmond, and the other to Maine, which, depending on how you look at it is an example of Maine being very good, or Albany starting to falter.

Inconsistency in the CAA is unfortunately just part of CAA football every year, there's always some games that just don't make sense from the outside.

I'll give you that on paper EWU probably has the edge. I'm just having a hard time getting over watching JMU play, and how impressive they were.

centennial
October 15th, 2016, 08:24 PM
I am dropping NDSU to under 4, possibly 6-7. What a **** show that game was. EWU 1, JSU 2.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:26 PM

He's not a SHSU fan. :p

Grizalltheway
October 15th, 2016, 08:28 PM
I'm not even sure you guys should get credit for playing those games. They were basically bye weeks.

True, only Sam gets credit for beating garbage teams.

Matt
October 15th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Wait am not supposed to give hypothetical and gut-based rankings behind #1?? Seriously asking?

Bearkats94
October 15th, 2016, 09:11 PM

So I guess you are calling your team. Everyone was saying the same thing in 2011 & 12 year.

FCSwatcher
October 15th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Where do you put Cal Poly? Road win against South Dakota State and home win against Montana. Loss it OT to Nevada and by 7 on the road at North Dakota. Cal Poly put 55 points and 657 yards up today on the road at Portland State.

Well in the BSC.....EWU, UND, cp, um

ND has continually improved and their offense is balanced

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LuckyKat
October 15th, 2016, 09:32 PM

Haha,
well see if this guy remembers his words IF mu makes it to Huntsville,,

Roamingriz
October 15th, 2016, 09:34 PM
i bet someone could email you one at least. :-)

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 09:40 PM

Shhh don't tell people about our 27 points allowed in the final ten minutes near collapse today. We have a really bad problem with our defense doing well until we lead comfortably, then they mentally check out and can't come back in for the rest of the game.

Roamingriz
October 15th, 2016, 09:47 PM
I would agree today. The day was set up to watch some great matches ooc back to back and this is one i was able to catch. Chattanooga's offense looked like it sounded except in the red zone, but they got gashed time and again on defense in my opinion. South Dakota State shot themselves in the foot often enough today that i feel it wasn't on the players so much as the coaching. Kick that 3 points in the first quarter. What? a pick in the end zone on first down in the second quarter from like what the 10-12-and-goal? sdsu looked good when the players and coaches were on the same page.
But, since they lost to cal poly, they should have to play the triple option citadel if they both make the playoffs :-)

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 09:55 PM

Against a 0 win swac team and sac state.....impressive stuff there

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 10:02 PM
Against a 0 win swac team and sac state.....impressive stuff there

It rivals the wins of la ciudadela ;)

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 10:04 PM
It rivals the wins of la ciudadela ;)

at least we don't lose to bunnyrabbits...

ngineer
October 15th, 2016, 10:14 PM
This is turning into a great year of...I hate to say it, but "parity". There are a lot of very good teams out there and cases can be made for a handful of #1's at this point. I always view the issue s to who is best "now." Not on September 3 or October 3. Strength of opponents and site have to be in the equation. No one is on their "A" game every week, but winning even when not playing well is something to look at too. Good teams win by overcoming their mistakes. Mistakes can impact the point spreads, as does coaches who take their foot off the gas when up by four TDs in the fourth quarter. Teams should not be penalized for not running it up.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 10:15 PM
at least we don't lose to bunnyrabbits...

Hey man, they are pretty good, ok.

:(

RabidRabbit
October 15th, 2016, 10:16 PM
at least we don't lose to bunnyrabbits... Kind of difficult to lose to rabbits if you don't play rabbits.

Daytripper
October 15th, 2016, 10:51 PM

SHSU should be in the conversation. I don't necessarily think they are a slam dunk. I probably won't rank them #1 in my own poll. But it would be foolish to dismiss them. They have a weak schedule, sure. But they can only play who is in front of them. You have to extrapolate what they might do against a good team...which might not happen until the season finale against Central Arkansas (who may make the biggest jump in my poll this week).

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 10:54 PM
Hey man, they are pretty good, ok.

:(

Yes they are. YSU defense has their hands full.

dudeitsaid
October 16th, 2016, 12:03 AM

Dewey

If I did a poll, I would still vote for NDSU as number 1, even with their loss. I still think they are the team to beat, and though there may be differences in this years team to those of the past, the Bison have shown a cultural knack for learning from and growing from a loss...and still winning the NC. SDSU is a good team, and I've always felt in rivalry games, little matters, as the game seems to take on a life of it's own. I'm not surprised to see SDSU win, and no offense to the Jack's at all, because they truly are a contender, but if the game were played again next week, I would bet on the Bison. Additionally, I think NDSU would play EWU differently defensively, and EWU would not be able to make the kind of mistakes we did to beat the Bison if we played them. Show me the wheels are truly falling of the Bison train, and I would put someone else there (Jax St would be my choice, EWU needs to thoroughly dominate a team, and play D for a full game against a good team before I chose my team for #1.)

coover
October 16th, 2016, 12:49 AM
Where do you put Cal Poly? Road win against South Dakota State and home win against Montana. Loss it OT to Nevada and by 7 on the road at North Dakota. Cal Poly put 55 points and 657 yards up today on the road at Portland State.+1 John!

Redbird007
October 16th, 2016, 12:54 AM
Given mass FCS confusion must agree NDSU needs to lose another before I place money on any other team to be #1 vs NDSU.

Rabbit3467
October 16th, 2016, 01:06 AM
Given mass FCS confusion must agree NDSU needs to lose another before I place money on any other team to be #1 vs NDSU.
You're correct. NDSU should not ever leave the number 1 spot unless the have a minimum 3 losses. SDSU should probably move down because, NDSU.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Twentysix
October 16th, 2016, 01:09 AM
You're correct. NDSU should not ever leave the number 1 spot unless the have a minimum 3 losses. SDSU should probably move down because, NDSU.

I hope the committee thinks like you.:D

Matt
October 16th, 2016, 01:10 AM

We (and yes I know NDSU is better than us) dropped like 7 spots after losing on the road (yes, to an inferior squad). Ndsu has been amazing for nearly a decade, but they lost at home to an inferior squad. And they've had a lot of close calls before today. I believe they deserve to be top 5, but, people ranking them #1 still: are you ranking them that way just Bc it's NDSU?

Ps you're right, I wouldn't bet against them either. But they've looked a little beatable and the rankings should reflect that

Twentysix
October 16th, 2016, 01:12 AM
We (and yes I know NDSU is better than us) dropped like 7 spots after losing on the road (yes, to an inferior squad). Ndsu has been amazing for nearly a decade, but they lost at home to an inferior squad. And they've had a lot of close calls before today. I believe they deserve to be top 5, but, people ranking them #1 still: are you ranking them that way just Bc it's NDSU?

Ps you're right, I wouldn't bet against them either. But they've looked a little beatable and the rankings should reflect that

SDSU is not SBU. Don't get confused. :\

Sagarin
49 North Dakota State
94 South Dakota State (before playing NDSU is counted)
122 Richmond
170 Stony Brook

Rabbit3467
October 16th, 2016, 01:15 AM

Woah Matt, inferior squad? U do realize SDSU was averaging 45? points a game. They gave TCU a game. Lost to cal poly who also beat the griz. Just realize your inferiority complex doesn't rub off on SDSU.

PaladinFan
October 16th, 2016, 04:49 AM
Just pulled this up, but the Citadel has lost twice in the last calendar year (#8 UTC in Chattanooga last year, #9 Charleston Southern in playoffs). Includes a win over South Carolina.

6-0 this year. Just beat a really good Chattanooga team. Have maybe two teams left on the slate that realistically could beat them (Wofford/Samford).

Catatonic
October 16th, 2016, 05:35 AM

Sam has a history of getting better as the season wears on and going deep in the playoffs. They returned a ton of talent from last year's team. Still a couple of question marks/kinks to work on, but they have a knack for working out issues mid season.

Please, with the "homer clause." There are two types of homer votes on here. Homers that admit to a certain amount of regional/conference bias, and self deluded homers who believe themselves to be unbiased.

Regional bias is natural enough when, unlike P5 teams that are on TV weekly, we have limited exposure to teams from other regions. I'd say Sam is one of a handful of teams in the national championship conversation, as they have been most every year for the past decade. A case could be made for several other teams, but Sam was ranked 2 last week in several non AGS polls and in my mind it's hardly a far fetched fantasy that they should move up.

But whatever.

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2016, 08:16 AM
An Undefeated Citadel, an Pac-12 winner, but OT loser to NDSU, EWU, Richmond (what happened vs Stony Brook?), JMU, NDSU, WIU, YSU, SDSU, Montana, Cal Poly, SHSU all have reasonable claims to #1. Making a selection will depend on how voter values FBS wins/losses, FCS games (especially losses), or for the undefeated teams, the lack of quality wins, or D-II opponents. Ah, decisions, decisions.

Having watched the SDSU/NDSU game, that's the first time in a long time that I've seen Bison beat at their own game. SDSU absolutely dominated in the trenches, and in TOP. SDSU won the game.

Redbird007
October 16th, 2016, 08:52 AM

Made the statement based on the overall work NDSU has accomplished this year. They have several quality wins. Good to see they are beatable. Looks like we could have a new MVFC champ this year.

TheRevSFA
October 16th, 2016, 09:03 AM
SHSU should be in the conversation. I don't necessarily think they are a slam dunk. I probably won't rank them #1 in my own poll. But it would be foolish to dismiss them. They have a weak schedule, sure. But they can only play who is in front of them. You have to extrapolate what they might do against a good team...which might not happen until the season finale against Central Arkansas (who may make the biggest jump in my poll this week).

I personally don't think Sam is number one; I think EWU is number one.

The problem is that Sam hasn't played anyone. Their OOC scheduling is weak and they can't help that they are playing the weaker part of the southland. I think they go undefeated rest of the way and will get a two seed in the playoffs but I don't think they are best in the nation

TheRevSFA
October 16th, 2016, 09:04 AM
It's almost like 2011 all over again.

MR. CHICKEN
October 16th, 2016, 09:11 AM

The problem is that Sam hasn't played anyone. Their OOC scheduling is weak and they can't help that they are playing the weaker part of the southland. I think they go undefeated rest of the way and will get a two seed in the playoffs but I don't think they are best in the nation

....BETTERAH.....FACTOR IN.......DUH KEELER PLAY-OFF RECORD.........DUDE CAN DANCE.....xcoolx.........FIRE BRAWK!

Theee Catrabbit
October 16th, 2016, 09:37 AM

EWU got beat by the Bison.....I'm just giving you the information.....do with it what you will

JSUSoutherner
October 16th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Just pulled this up, but the Citadel has lost twice in the last calendar year (#8 UTC in Chattanooga last year, #9 Charleston Southern in playoffs). Includes a win over South Carolina.

6-0 this year. Just beat a really good Chattanooga team. Have maybe two teams left on the slate that realistically could beat them (Wofford/Samford).

A stat I saw from their game yesterday intrigued me. I'm not sure whether to be impressed or concerned but The Citadel beat up on Chatty and only had 7 passing yards in the game. They ran like mad men.

Is it because they're one demensional or because their run game is that potent that they don't need to pass?

Grizalltheway
October 16th, 2016, 09:48 AM
A stat I saw from their game yesterday intrigued me. I'm not sure whether to be impressed or concerned but The Citadel beat up on Chatty and only had 7 passing yards in the game. They ran like mad men.

Is it because they're one demensional or because their run game is that potent that they don't need to pass?

You know they're a triple option team, right?

TheRevSFA
October 16th, 2016, 09:53 AM
EWU got beat by the Bison.....I'm just giving you the information.....do with it what you will

They did, and they also have a FBS win over Wazzou, and have played an overall tougher schedule than someone like Sam. If Sam had played EWU's schedule, would they have a similar record?

Theee Catrabbit
October 16th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Well screw it since it appears everyone is talking out their ass here, I too shall....because you know its the interwebs: SDSU is #1 with an asterisk. We treated NDSU like a baby bitch. Literally that game should've been 38-17. 500 yards of offense, not really a mistake or fluke,it's kind of what we do. EWU lost to NDSU, accept it. If you think there are any teams better than NDSU or EWU that have proven it this year, please fill in the ___________________. Nobody is stopping Goedert, nobody is stopping Weineke and currently nobody has stopped Christion. If you play a traditional style of Offense our Defense will own you. The rest of the FCS has never proven it's as good as Big Fluffy or the MVFC. Please stop comparing your ****ty conference to these two as if they belong in the conversation. Ours is a meatgrinder, next week Youngstown, thankfully in Brookings probably determines who wins the Valley one way or another. The asterisk is that SDSU slides down in rankings against any team playing the Triple Option, for some reason it usually flusters and gets us.xlolx That being said have a good rest of the year people, playoffs will determine all of this anyways.

TheRevSFA
October 16th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Well screw it since it appears everyone is talking out their ass here, I too shall....because you know its the interwebs: SDSU is #1 with an asterisk. We treated NDSU like a baby bitch. Literally that game should've been 38-17. 500 yards of offense, not really a mistake or fluke,it's kind of what we do. EWU lost to NDSU, accept it. If you think there are any teams better than NDSU or EWU that have proven it this year, please fill in the ___________________. Nobody is stopping Goedert, nobody is stopping Weineke and currently nobody has stopped Christion. If you play a traditional style of Offense our Defense will own you. The rest of the FCS has never proven it's as good as Big Fluffy or the MVFC. Please stop comparing your ****ty conference to these two as if they belong in the conversation. Ours is a meatgrinder, next week Youngstown, thankfully in Brookings probably determines who wins the Valley one way or another. The asterisk is that SDSU slides down in rankings against any team playing the Triple Option, for some reason it usually flusters and gets us.xlolx That being said have a good rest of the year people, playoffs will determine all of this anyways.

Are you mad that no one is considering SDSU for the top spot? It's not slot voting here; you don't automatically get a number one spot for beating the top ranked team

this isn't the STATS poll site

Theee Catrabbit
October 16th, 2016, 09:59 AM
They did, and they also have a FBS win over Wazzou, and have played an overall tougher schedule than someone like Sam. If Sam had played EWU's schedule, would they have a similar record?

Oh.....well, I don't even consider SHSU in any conversation. And NDSU has a win over Iowa. My point again SDSU is the best team in FCS. I'm sticking by it.

Gil Dobie
October 16th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Going with EWU this week. NDSU drops big as they didn't look good, and part of that is SDSU, but SDSU moves up big, but not to #1.

JSUSoutherner
October 16th, 2016, 10:02 AM
You know they're a triple option team, right?
Yes, but GT, Georgia Southern, and Navy are as well and are putting up more than 7 yards in their games.

The reason I was asking is because as NDSU showed back in 2011 when they played GSU, running the ball will only get you so far.

It's mostly curiosity of what happens when someone eventually contains their run game.

Theee Catrabbit
October 16th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Are you mad that no one is considering SDSU for the top spot? It's not slot voting here; you don't automatically get a number one spot for beating the top ranked team

this is the STATS poll site

I'm not mad, I'm just looking at the facts presented with the schedules and the wins. The only reason SDSU legitimately isn't #1 is the Cal Poly anomaly, and I accept that.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Sam has a history of getting better as the season wears on and going deep in the playoffs. They returned a ton of talent from last year's team. Still a couple of question marks/kinks to work on, but they have a knack for working out issues mid season.

Please, with the "homer clause." There are two types of homer votes on here. Homers that admit to a certain amount of regional/conference bias, and self deluded homers who believe themselves to be unbiased.

Regional bias is natural enough when, unlike P5 teams that are on TV weekly, we have limited exposure to teams from other regions. I'd say Sam is one of a handful of teams in the national championship conversation, as they have been most every year for the past decade. A case could be made for several other teams, but Sam was ranked 2 last week in several non AGS polls and in my mind it's hardly a far fetched fantasy that they should move up.

But whatever.

The Homer Claus is that you cannot be the only number one vote for your team. Since you are not a fan of Sam Houston State it wouldn't apply to you anyway.

ElCid
October 16th, 2016, 10:10 AM

When we were getting yards on the ground, why pass? I think we were 8 of 9 on third down conversions in the first half. They could slow us down a little, but not stop us. UTC had been giving up 72 yards a game on the ground prior to this game. We rushed for 342. We punted 3 times in the game and had only one three and out all day. Pass? Why?

We have passed a little this year and have the third highest yards per completion in FCS, but it only falls into the overall game plan strategy and is not really desired too often or needed.

clawman
October 16th, 2016, 10:15 AM
#1 EWU
#2 NDSU
#3 SHSU

ElCid
October 16th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Yes, but GT, Georgia Southern, and Navy are as well and are putting up more than 7 yards in their games.

The reason I was asking is because as NDSU showed back in 2011 when they played GSU, running the ball will only get you so far.

It's mostly curiosity of what happens when someone eventually contains their run game.

Good point, but the only teams to hold us under 300 yards a game this year were Mercer and Furman. We didn't have our starting QB in the Mercer game and he was rusty and did not start in the Furman game, but did play. Our Defense was critical in those games.

The only teams to hold us under 300 yards a game last year were CSU, UTC, and Wofford, but our D was not up to the task in the CSU and UTC games. This year, they are.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Keep in mind, as stated earlier in the thread, no one should be posting rankings involving numbers.

That aside, I'm really curious for the thought process on people who want to rent Sam Houston ahead of the Citadel. I'm just not seeing that right now. Prior to yesterday, no argument. Today I just don't see it.

Matt
October 16th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Woah Matt, inferior squad? U do realize SDSU was averaging 45? points a game. They gave TCU a game. Lost to cal poly who also beat the griz. Just realize your inferiority complex doesn't rub off on SDSU.

I wasn't being a dick. You were ranked below them. By definition that's "inferior." Also, I think most jacks fans would admit that NDSU wins that game 8 out of 10 times. I know our SBU loss is worse. My point was really just asking: what are people ranking with NDSU? The record or the name? SDSU is damn good and that was a season defining win.

Matt
October 16th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Keep in mind, as stated earlier in the thread, no one should be posting rankings involving numbers.

That aside, I'm really curious for the thought process on people who want to rent Sam Houston ahead of the Citadel. I'm just not seeing that right now. Prior to yesterday, no argument. Today I just don't see it.

Asking again: why shouldn't people be posting their rankings?

Catsfan90
October 16th, 2016, 10:39 AM

It skews the vote. If I was considering voting for someone else, but see that everyone's voting for EWU. I am more inclined to follow the crowd and not be an outsider.

Theee Catrabbit
October 16th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Also, I think most jacks fans would admit that NDSU wins that game 8 out of 10 times.. Uhhhhh....no we don't, this is this year, not last year, not the year before. We clearly out matched and wore out NDSU in the Dome. NDSU's secondary is sub par, they'll tell you(read Bisonville if you dare), our "slow-footed" offensive lineman are good, and you aren't covering Goedert or Weineke. I'm not sure what else to tell you. 500 yards not a fluke, pretty much what we do. . I like how when NDSU wins, they are clearly the better team. When SDSU wins(and really it wasn't as close as it had to be) you know...."rivalry" and won't happen again, its our Super Bowl. No. Our Super Bowl is the same as everybody else's. We just have to make it through the Valley and the playoffs. Which is distinctly harder. i'll give you that NDSU would win next time hands down....if Goedert, Weineke and Christian all come down with the flu at the same time.

Grizalltheway
October 16th, 2016, 11:08 AM
An Undefeated Citadel, an Pac-12 winner, but OT loser to NDSU, EWU, Richmond (what happened vs Stony Brook?), JMU, NDSU, WIU, YSU, SDSU, Montana, Cal Poly, SHSU all have reasonable claims to #1. Making a selection will depend on how voter values FBS wins/losses, FCS games (especially losses), or for the undefeated teams, the lack of quality wins, or D-II opponents. Ah, decisions, decisions.

Having watched the SDSU/NDSU game, that's the first time in a long time that I've seen Bison beat at their own game. SDSU absolutely dominated in the trenches, and in TOP. SDSU won the game.

I'd say we're a couple points away from having a very good case for #1, but a loss is still a loss.

veinup
October 16th, 2016, 11:08 AM
how long since NDSU wasn't #1 in the AGS pole?

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2016, 11:12 AM

Because this site runs a poll. Specific poll spots are not supposed to be mentioned until Mon when the poll posts.

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2016, 11:18 AM
I just hope that Jacks can get put in opposite bracket from ndsu. These two teams are too good to see each before at least til semi finals. I also hope that if Jacks/Bison do play again this season, that it is Brookings.

Christiank22
October 16th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Uhhhhh....no we don't, this is this year, not last year, not the year before. We clearly out matched and wore out NDSU in the Dome. NDSU's secondary is sub par, they'll tell you(read Bisonville if you dare), our "slow-footed" offensive lineman are good, and you aren't covering Goedert or Weineke. I'm not sure what else to tell you. 500 yards not a fluke, pretty much what we do. . I like how when NDSU wins, they are clearly the better team. When SDSU wins(and really it wasn't as close as it had to be) you know...."rivalry" and won't happen again, its our Super Bowl. No. Our Super Bowl is the same as everybody else's. We just have to make it through the Valley and the playoffs. Which is distinctly harder. i'll give you that NDSU would win next time hands down....if Goedert, Weineke and Christian all come down with the flu at the same time.
I am a die hard NDSU fan and student, and while you made some solid points please see week 1 Montana vs playoff Montana of last year. Yes I know different year different team, but dont be so confident that you would consistently put up yards like that every time you play us.

But with that, good game. You guys are a real beast this year offensively. I had my doubts about ndsu winning going into this game and I was right.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 11:33 AM

USD Game of last year?

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2016, 11:34 AM

Maybe last year after the USD loss. Can't remember what this poll said they were at the end of the season, but they were seeded #3 going into the playoffs behind JSU and Illinois State.

Bison losing a game in a season isn't unheard of...happens most years as of late...but what else has happened most of those years is that they come back from the loss and never lose a game again the rest of the season.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 16th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I wasn't being a dick. You were ranked below them. By definition that's "inferior." Also, I think most jacks fans would admit that NDSU wins that game 8 out of 10 times. I know our SBU loss is worse. My point was really just asking: what are people ranking with NDSU? The record or the name? SDSU is damn good and that was a season defining win.

I agree that this was an "upset" and that we are certainly an "inferior" program than NDSU at this point in time. Hell, with 5 straight Rings, everyone's the FCS is technically inferior... But, with that said, you're wrong on one thing. You evidently didn't watch any of the game, which is fine, but SDSU doesn't lose that game 8 out of 10 times. We left anywhere from 9-21 points on the field in drives that stalled inside their 5 yard line, plus had a TD missed by the refs and camera review.

With all of those mishaps, NDSU still maybe wins that game 5 out of 10 times. The score was deceivingly close but if you look at all statistical categories, (time of possession, first downs,total yards, ZERO PUNTS for us, etc), it's a different story. But that was just one day and we were the better team on that given Saturday. Great win for us, but winning in Fargo again this year would be another tall task.

They dont win that particular game (the way it played out) 8 out of 10 times. If anything, we do.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 11:38 AM
I can't justify seeing EWU with the Head to Head loss against NDSU. If we use the idea that teams develop over time, then it must be established that NDSU will do the same. I can see why people would say EWU should be the top spot, I just do not see it. I am having a difficult time so I am starting around the middle of my poll and going in both directions from there since I was able to get around 12-19 with a solid amount of certainty, but going on the other side of that, in both directions, is becoming a headache.

cpalum
October 16th, 2016, 11:49 AM
I'm not mad, I'm just looking at the facts presented with the schedules and the wins. The only reason SDSU legitimately isn't #1 is the Cal Poly anomaly, and I accept that.

Not sure you can call the Cal Poly loss an anomaly. You could simply say that Cal Poly is the better team. Its not like Cal Poly sucks..they have quality wins and they beat SDSU on the road. One could argue that placing SDSU or Montana above Cal Poly is debatable at best.

kalm
October 16th, 2016, 11:54 AM
My thoughts...

NDSU has better wins than EWU with a slightly higher quality loss.

Both resumes are a little ahead of the rest.

An overtime H2H win at home is almost a push.

kalm
October 16th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Not sure you can call the Cal Poly loss an anomaly. You could simply say that Cal Poly is the better team. Its not like Cal Poly sucks..they have quality wins and they beat SDSU on the road. One could argue that placing SDSU or Montana above Cal Poly is debatable at best.

Also this. Especially when considering Montana's schedule.

UNI is starting to hurt both EWU and Montana.

SMH...

McCowboys
October 16th, 2016, 12:30 PM
I just hope that Jacks can get put in opposite bracket from ndsu. These two teams are too good to see each before at least til semi finals. I also hope that if Jacks/Bison do play again this season, that it is Brookings.

Or Frisco?

Kemo
October 16th, 2016, 12:40 PM

I'm surprised people are still undervaluing Cal Poly. They have some really good wins and their 1 FCS loss isn't even close to a bad one.

My biggest concern with the Mustangs going forward is that their defense does seem to give up a lot of points even with a ball control offense.

cpalum
October 16th, 2016, 12:47 PM
My biggest concern with the Mustangs going forward is that their defense does seem to give up a lot of points even with a ball control offense.

Now that is very fair....our secondary in is killing us. Somehow they got bigger and "more talented" but they make every WR/TE we play look like a Payton watch guy. Can't wait to see Cooper Kupp come to SLO

Matt
October 16th, 2016, 01:12 PM
I agree that this was an "upset" and that we are certainly an "inferior" program than NDSU at this point in time. Hell, with 5 straight Rings, everyone's the FCS is technically inferior... But, with that said, you're wrong on one thing. You evidently didn't watch any of the game, which is fine, but SDSU doesn't lose that game 8 out of 10 times. We left anywhere from 9-21 points on the field in drives that stalled inside their 5 yard line, plus had a TD missed by the refs and camera review.

With all of those mishaps, NDSU still maybe wins that game 5 out of 10 times. The score was deceivingly close but if you look at all statistical categories, (time of possession, first downs,total yards, ZERO PUNTS for us, etc), it's a different story. But that was just one day and we were the better team on that given Saturday. Great win for us, but winning in Fargo again this year would be another tall task.

They dont win that particular game (the way it played out) 8 out of 10 times. If anything, we do.

You're right that I didn't watch. You kicked off at the same time we did. I did read that you guys were even better than the score indicated. Like I said, I wasn't talking ****. But I think you guys played slightly above your talent level and NDSU made some mistakes they wouldn't make otherwise. The game yesterday, you guys win every time. "On paper" you guys win in Fargo 1 or 2 out of 10.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 01:24 PM
EWU but close to NDSU. I didn't really consider JSU at all.

semobison
October 16th, 2016, 01:27 PM
I don't necessarily agree with all this talk about how hard it is to win in Fargo. Four of our six losses since 2011 have been at home. That being said, an opponent winning in Fargo in the playoffs hasn't been done. Personally, I'm glad we are on the road next week.

dudeitsaid
October 16th, 2016, 02:39 PM
I can't justify seeing EWU with the Head to Head loss against NDSU. If we use the idea that teams develop over time, then it must be established that NDSU will do the same. I can see why people would say EWU should be the top spot, I just do not see it. I am having a difficult time so I am starting around the middle of my poll and going in both directions from there since I was able to get around 12-19 with a solid amount of certainty, but going on the other side of that, in both directions, is becoming a headache.

EWU has shown they have a championship caliber defense...for periods of time in several of the games we have played. We've also shown the porous defense that makes any offense, no matter how mediocre, look incredible. Until the defense that held Wazzu scoreless for 33 minutes shows up consistently, EWU is not the number 1 team in the nation. If the defense figures out how to play 60 minutes...watch out.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2016, 03:40 PM
EWU has shown they have a championship caliber defense...for periods of time in several of the games we have played. We've also shown the porous defense that makes any offense, no matter how mediocre, look incredible. Until the defense that held Wazzu scoreless for 33 minutes shows up consistently, EWU is not the number 1 team in the nation. If the defense figures out how to play 60 minutes...watch out.

If you had a decent/solid defense that could play consistent, I would honestly say that EWU has to be the favorite to win it all, but the lack of consistency is what troubles me from having them #1 overall.

Every team in the top 9/10ish has at least 1 MAJOR flaw that prevents them from being the overall favorite. I truly think this season is turning into something that resembles the 2011 NDSU team for this current 2016 team. I would like to see a little more parity (favoring NDSU at the end of course) but these last 5 weeks are going to be fun to watch. If NDSU wins out, they lock either the #1 or 2. If EWU wins out, they lock the #1, #2 or #3. If JSU wins out, they lock the #1, #2, or #3. If El Cid or Sammy wins out, I believe they lock the 4/5. I think a combination of JMU/UR/UM/SDSU getting the 6-8 will happen. That is how I see it breaking out. Yes that is a big IF but the loss by NDSU as well as Chatty, throws a wrinkle in the playoffs.

Regionalization I think will decide #1/2 and who gets seeded VS playing 1st round game.

Catsfan90
October 16th, 2016, 03:41 PM
In no particular order: SHSU, NDSU, EWU, JSU are the top 4 that jump out at me. I Can see a case for either one of them being #1, but as others have said, the H2H loss between EWU and NDSU is throwing me off.

grizband
October 16th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Don't forget, Montana lost to Cal Poly by one, after a blocked extra point was negated due to a phantom penalty (flag never thrown). It was a fairly close matchup.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CID1990
October 16th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Don't forget, Montana lost to Cal Poly by one, after a blocked extra point was negated due to a phantom penalty (flag never thrown). It was a fairly close matchup.

Well now that you point that out

Montana #1

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 05:02 PM
In no particular order: SHSU, NDSU, EWU, JSU are the top 4 that jump out at me. I Can see a case for either one of them being #1, but as others have said, the H2H loss between EWU and NDSU is throwing me off.

I can't see how SHSU is getting considered with their slate of cupcakes.

EWU and NDSU have played absolutely brutal schedules.

Bisonwinagn
October 16th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Is it possible NDSU will still be 1 after the loss? They still have the top Sagarin, Massey, and SOS with 3 wins over top 25, another win over Iowa, and a close loss to what will be a top 10 team. Also a win over EWU. If I was voting I would put NDSU, EWU, SDSU, YSU, Montana the top 5 based on resume.

BisonTru
October 16th, 2016, 05:12 PM

I agree. A couple teams I think deserve just as much consideration as the Bearkats that I haven't seen mentioned are YSU, El Cid, and Chuck S. Between all three the only FCS loss is NDSU.

Catsfan90
October 16th, 2016, 05:14 PM

I won't disagree with you there, but I guess this is where the ole "you can only play the games that are scheduled" comes in. Personally, I don't know about them for #1. But I can definitely see a case made for them. 6-0, albeit with a win against a DII, but they have still put these games away by large margins outscoring their opponents 266-165.

centennial
October 16th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Is it possible NDSU will still be 1 after the loss? They still have the top Sagarin, Massey, and SOS with 3 wins over top 25, another win over Iowa, and a close loss to what will be a top 10 team. Also a win over EWU. If I was voting I would put NDSU, EWU, SDSU, YSU, Montana the top 5 based on resume.

I agree in principle. However, NDSU is 2 missed field goals away from 3-3. The team is probably the most inconsistent in the top 5, there are a lot of big holes (punting, up and down play calling, QB who is inconsistent, lines that are inconsistent, secondary that is weak). Come playoffs we have a huge chance to lose. At this point other than being top 5 I don't know which NDSU shows up week to week.

kab
October 16th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Montanas schedule has not been that hard
look at their sos

centennial
October 16th, 2016, 05:34 PM
Montanas schedule has not been that hard
look at their sos

Here are the top 20 SOS as per Massey. Montana is 39.

Team

N Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5545&s=286577)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=286577)

Northern Iowa (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5641&s=286577)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=286577)

S Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7268&s=286577)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=286577)

E Washington (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2383&s=286577)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=286577)

Charleston So (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1457&s=286577)Big South (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10672&s=286577)

South Dakota (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7262&s=286577)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=286577)

Cal Poly SLO (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1032&s=286577)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=286577)

Southern Utah (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7399&s=286577)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=286577)

Youngstown St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=9217&s=286577)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=286577)

Illinois St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3449&s=286577)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=286577)

Furman (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2800&s=286577)Southern (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14064&s=286577)

Jacksonville St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3606&s=286577)OH Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=13193&s=286577)

W Illinois (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8754&s=286577)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=286577)

Portland St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6302&s=286577)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=286577)

Lamar (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3935&s=286577)Southland (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14112&s=286577)

Towson (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8000&s=286577)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=286577)

S Illinois (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7339&s=286577)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=286577)

Mercer (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4649&s=286577)Southern (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14064&s=286577)

Maine (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4319&s=286577)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=286577)

UC Davis (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8200&s=286577)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=286577)

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 05:36 PM
I won't disagree with you there, but I guess this is where the ole "you can only play the games that are scheduled" comes in. Personally, I don't know about them for #1. But I can definitely see a case made for them. 6-0, albeit with a win against a DII, but they have still put these games away by large margins outscoring their opponents 266-165.

I guess but I typically hammer teams that play nobody. Any team in the top 10 would be doing the same thing against that joke of a schedule.

Catsfan90
October 16th, 2016, 05:41 PM
I guess but I typically hammer teams that play nobody. Any team in the top 10 would be doing the same thing against that joke of a schedule.

I feel like SHSU goes through this every year.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 05:45 PM

A big problem with the SLC is the fact that league added a bunch of bad teams and then decided to mandate 9 conference games.

Not too long ago teams from their conference regularly played MVFC and Big Sky schools.

grizband
October 16th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Well now that you point that out

Montana #1

Haha, I wasn't implying that

Daytripper
October 16th, 2016, 05:56 PM
A big problem with the SLC is the fact that league added a bunch of bad teams and then decided to mandate 9 conference games.

Not too long ago teams from their conference regularly played MVFC and Big Sky schools.

Agree. That 9 game mandate sucks balls.

Bisonator
October 16th, 2016, 07:01 PM
I'd vote EWU #1 if i was voting. I'd probably drop NDSU to 3 or 4 at this point. Those 2 teams have played brutal schedules to this point compared to JSU or SHSU.

Cocky
October 16th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Our schedule probably isn't as tough as EWU or NDSU but the difficulty is closer to those two than SHSU.

centennial
October 16th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Our schedule probably isn't as tough as EWU or NDSU but the difficulty is closer to those two than SHSU.

Yes, it isn't close. 12(JSU) vs 83(SHSU). I see SHSU getting punched in the face come playoff time.

JSUSoutherner
October 16th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Yes, it isn't close. 12(JSU) vs 83(SHSU). I see SHSU getting punched in the face come playoff time.
62-10? :D

Cocky
October 16th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Our strength will continue to go down during conference games but our AD did as good of a job as possible with our OOC. LSU, Coastal, UNA (a good local DII who brings a crowd and $)and Liberty is the best we have had in years

centennial
October 16th, 2016, 07:37 PM

It is really hard to judge them because of who they are playing. However, they will probably be among the freshest teams in the playoffs.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2016, 07:45 PM
This thread is full of LOLs. I get everything can't be figured out using reason and logic and that we have to be subjective until the playoffs, but I see a lot of posters using something as an argument for one team and against another. It's like the election up in here. xlolx.

JSUSoutherner
October 16th, 2016, 08:08 PM
It is really hard to judge them because of who they are playing. However, they will probably be among the freshest teams in the playoffs.
I agree. I feel hypocritical trying to knock them for their SOS though given that we were pretty much in the same boat last year. But even then we still at least had Chatty.

It it will be interesting to see how the committee handles their seeding. Personally I think they should be seeded similar to McNeese last year. No, they haven't lost, but I'm willing to bet if EWU, SDSU, NDSU, and JSU (and even others) had SHSU's schedule they would be undefeated as well.

Gil Dobie
October 16th, 2016, 08:14 PM
This thread is full of LOLs. I get everything can't be figured out using reason and logic and that we have to be subjective until the playoffs, but I see a lot of posters using something as an argument for one team and against another. It's like the election up in here. xlolx.

Locker room talk xnodx

Bearkats94
October 16th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Haha,
well see if this guy remembers his words IF mu makes it to Huntsville,,

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Locker room talk xnodx

I'm going to grab Sam Houston State by the schedule. :D

Gangtackle11
October 16th, 2016, 08:32 PM
I'd vote EWU #1 if i was voting. I'd probably drop NDSU to 3 or 4 at this point. Those 2 teams have played brutal schedules to this point compared to JSU or SHSU.

Hard for me to vote a team ahead of a team with the same amount of losses that lost head -to-head. Only teams I would consider ahead of NDSU now would be an undefeated team with a strong schedule. Sorry SHSU (83rd SOS) & Citadel (43rd SOS).

SDSU with 1 FCS loss (2 overall) is the best option.

Catsfan90
October 16th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Guys, I don't know why no-body is taking Dayton seriously. they're 5-2 this year, and they went 10-2 last year. So they are a combined 15-4. They really deserve a look for 1st...

Bisonoline
October 16th, 2016, 09:14 PM

They lost to NDSU head to head. So how do you make that move? I also dont understand why you would drop 3-4 spots when you lose on a last second play to a ranked team.

JSUSoutherner
October 16th, 2016, 09:16 PM
I'm going to grab Sam Houston State by the schedule. :D
I'd like to nominate this for Post of the Year.

Bisonoline
October 16th, 2016, 09:20 PM
You're right that I didn't watch. You kicked off at the same time we did. I did read that you guys were even better than the score indicated. Like I said, I wasn't talking ****. But I think you guys played slightly above your talent level and NDSU made some mistakes they wouldn't make otherwise. The game yesterday, you guys win every time. "On paper" you guys win in Fargo 1 or 2 out of 10.

I dont think they out played their talent level. We were out coached which put them in a better position to be successful. There o-line is legit. But we only rushed 4 guys all game. 4 against 5-6 never ends well. LBs were playing soft all day looking for the pass. So they were of no help to the d-line.

YoUDeeMan
October 16th, 2016, 09:35 PM
I agree in principle. However, NDSU is 2 missed field goals away from 3-3. The team is probably the most inconsistent in the top 5, there are a lot of big holes (punting, up and down play calling, QB who is inconsistent, lines that are inconsistent, secondary that is weak). Come playoffs we have a huge chance to lose. At this point other than being top 5 I don't know which NDSU shows up week to week.

Hey, we have someone who actually THINKS! xnodxxthumbsupx

Everyone siad the Bison are #1 until they lose. Well, they lost. But...but...but...butt. If anyone thinks the #1 team in FCS should be squeaking by 2 teams in OT, AT HOME, and then getting the **** kicked out of them by SDSU...xlolx And dropping them only 1 or 2 spots? :pumpuke:

Yup, who knew Midwest people were so closed minded? Same folks thought EWU wouldn't score on NDSU (and that ISU would roll over poor Richmond). Hey, UNI should be #2, right, because they are from the MVFC? xeyebrowx UNI has no business being in the top 25.

And JMU? Seriously, what are some of you smoking? Has anyone seen their D? Their own coach hasn't seen their D.

As far as SHSU goes, they play who they are playing, and they are kicking the snot out of those team in front of them, and they will score on anyone. Instead of voting your biases, watch some games (they have ESPN up north, do they not). Stop voting for a conference and actually look at that talent on the individual teams. That is what you are supposed to be doing.

Cripes, some of you who are saying that you vote based upon schedule and/or conference should be banned from voting. JSU would beat the crap out of most of the MVFC teams.

Luckily, we have a playoff system, as homer based as it is. That's when a team loses and actually pays a fair price for doing so.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2016, 09:51 PM

Everyone siad the Bison are #1 until they lose. Well, they lost. But...but...but...butt. If anyone thinks the #1 team in FCS should be squeaking by 2 teams in OT, AT HOME, and then getting the **** kicked out of them by SDSU...xlolx And dropping them only 1 or 2 spots? :pumpuke:

Yup, who knew Midwest people were so closed minded? Same folks thought EWU wouldn't score on NDSU (and that ISU would roll over poor Richmond). Hey, UNI should be #2, right, because they are from the MVFC? xeyebrowx UNI has no business being in the top 25.

And JMU? Seriously, what are some of you smoking? Has anyone seen their D? Their own coach hasn't seen their D.

As far as SHSU goes, they play who they are playing, and they are kicking the snot out of those team in front of them, and they will score on anyone. Instead of voting your biases, watch some games (they have ESPN up north, do they not). Stop voting for a conference and actually look at that talent on the individual teams. That is what you are supposed to be doing.

Cripes, some of you who are saying that you vote based upon schedule and/or conference should be banned from voting. JSU would beat the crap out of most of the MVFC teams.

Luckily, we have a playoff system, as homer based as it is. That's when a team loses and actually pays a fair price for doing so.

Call me when SHSU plays somebody that has a pulse. Until then, they aren't touching my top 5.

That said I haven't had UNI ranked in a few weeks and NDSU will not be #1 in my poll despite beating the team that is ranked ahead of them. I need to get a handle on my homerism, it is getting weak.

Bisonator
October 16th, 2016, 10:15 PM
They lost to NDSU head to head. So how do you make that move? I also dont understand why you would drop 3-4 spots when you lose on a last second play to a ranked team.

They lost in OT on the road. As for NDSU they may have lost by 2 but you and I know SDSU kicked their ass. Until they start playing like a top 2 team and they don't deserve to be ranked there.

BisonTru
October 16th, 2016, 10:18 PM

Wanna make this interesting? I'll take NDSU and throw in a C note. You take SHSU or whoever you like. If either of our teams win it all, the other one pays up. Hell we can let anyone that wants in and wants to pick a team not taken in as well.

I like my odds. I'm sure you would like yours as well.

JSUSoutherner
October 16th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Wanna make this interesting? I'll take NDSU and throw in a C note. You take SHSU or whoever you like. If either of our teams win it all, the other one pays up. Hell we can let anyone that wants in and wants to pick a team not taken in as well.

If our offense was any level of consistent (and I actually had $100 to lose) I would take you up on that. But alas, 'tis not the case.

Sammy94
October 16th, 2016, 10:29 PM

yep and usually end up in the final four. We must not play anyone until mid December

Theee Catrabbit
October 16th, 2016, 10:44 PM

No, I agree with you. We have a difficult time with the triple option, always have, like I said we beat anyone with some sort of straight up offense, I agree Cal Poly could be placed above us and I don't have an argument and would agree in the placement. If you placed Cal Poly, SDSU, NDSU in the polls in that order in the polls I could agree with it based off the info we have. The good news is you still have EWU on your schedule and you guys can help sort some stuff out.

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 10:46 PM

No, make it interesting and you each pick a conference since that seems to be his major gripe.

ElCid
October 16th, 2016, 11:07 PM
Not saying that we are there yet for number one material, but just one data point to keep in mind in regard to The Citadel. The Dogs are 13-2 over the last 15 games (losses last year to UTC and CSU). Not too bad. But pretty darn good when you consider that it has only played at home in 5 of those 15 games. 8-2 on the road and 5-0 at home in that time. This year, all that matters at this point, 4-0 on the road, 2-0 at home. The Dogs are getting it done on the road.

BisonTru
October 16th, 2016, 11:20 PM
No, make it interesting and you each pick a conference since that seems to be his major gripe.

Even better. I'll take the MVFC. Let's see if I get any takers.

Daytripper
October 17th, 2016, 06:01 AM

Have you been alive the past 5 years? Besides your own team, nobody has been better or more consistent in the playoffs.

YoUDeeMan
October 17th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Have you been alive the past 5 years? Besides your own team, nobody has been better or more consistent in the playoffs.

Most of these posters simply have their heads in the sand. SHSU has taken the scalps of many conference champs recently. Their DL is better than EWU's...and their offense is on par with EWU's.

Watch the games...SHSU gets up and then puts their subs in. Abilene Christian had 100 yards of offense and zero points in the first half. Read that again. Yeah, that same Abilene team that put up 52 points on a Big Fluffy Sky Northern Colorado team (those same guys that were up on EWU at the half).

Keeler is building depth everywhere as he plays a whole bunch of players, so people better get used to seeing SHSU as one of a very few teams that can win it all.

Watching NDSU get absolutely manhandled by SDSU proved what everyone was thinking in the back of their heads...NDSU isn't going to win it this year.

YoUDeeMan
October 17th, 2016, 07:24 AM

Reading comprehension isn't your strength, is it?

You, and others, focus on conferences. That is ridiculous, lazy, self-serving, circle jerk thinking.

Focus on the team...you are supposed to be voting for the best team, not the best conference...not the best schedule...not the best ______ <----(insert other useless fluff).

Catatonic
October 17th, 2016, 07:46 AM

You, and others, focus on conferences. That is ridiculous, lazy, self-serving, circle jerk thinking.

Focus on the team...you are supposed to be voting for the best team, not the best conference...not the best schedule...not the best ______ <----(insert other useless fluff).

Agree. Alabama usually has a lousy OOC SOS, but they seem to do alright in the post season because they are the best team, as you rightly point out. The same principle works at the FCS level--a good team is a good team regardless of conference or SOS.

Bisonoline
October 17th, 2016, 08:44 AM

You cant pick the best team with out looking at who they played and how they played. Teams will always have a few low points but the best teams work through those and produce on a consistent basis.

BisonTru
October 17th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Agree. Alabama usually has a lousy OOC SOS, but they seem to do alright in the post season because they are the best team, as you rightly point out. The same principle works at the FCS level--a good team is a good team regardless of conference or SOS.

Alabamas SOS is 7th. Good argument.

Catatonic
October 17th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Alabamas SOS is 7th. Good argument.

You overlooked the qualifiers, usually and OOC. OOC because they usually schedule not so good G5 and FCS teams outside the SEC. Their overall SOS is helped by the rankings of conference opponents (some would say inflated rankings, but that's another debate). Usually, as in more often than not. The last couple of years they have agreed to play opening games against quality opponents like Wisconsin and USC, which helps. They still have three games against not-so-good G5 and FCS schools and more often than not the fourth OOC game has been another G5 rather than an elite P5 match up.

FCSwatcher
October 17th, 2016, 09:01 AM

Montana on resume? Their resume is horrible. You must mean reputation.

Cal Poly has a much better resume and also beat the Griz.

FCSwatcher
October 17th, 2016, 09:07 AM

Yes they did lose head to head, and teams improve and decline throughout the year

Polls should be thought of as if the most recent game was the final who is the best NOW Not 4 weeks ago. Isn't the Championship determined by the last game, regardless of record?

jacksfan29
October 17th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Most of these posters simply have their heads in the sand. SHSU has taken the scalps of many conference champs recently. Their DL is better than EWU's...and their offense is on par with EWU's.

Watch the games...SHSU gets up and then puts their subs in. Abilene Christian had 100 yards of offense and zero points in the first half. Read that again. Yeah, that same Abilene team that put up 52 points on a Big Fluffy Sky Northern Colorado team (those same guys that were up on EWU at the half).

Keeler is building depth everywhere as he plays a whole bunch of players, so people better get used to seeing SHSU as one of a very few teams that can win it all.

Watching NDSU get absolutely manhandled by SDSU proved what everyone was thinking in the back of their heads...NDSU isn't going to win it this year.

Wasn't that the same type of thinking we heard last year when USD (a bad MVFC team) went into Fargo and beat the Bison? I'd wait till the end to make those type of predictions. I would more than happy to not see the Bison not win a 6th but to base your statement on a last second loss to a rival (yes UND, SDSU and UNI are NDSU's chief rivals) will come back to bite you. Never count NDSU out.

TheRevSFA
October 17th, 2016, 09:58 AM

So why is Sam the best team in the nation? because they've manhandled their opponents? That's pretty easy to do with the SOS that they have.

Had Sam not been given a high preseason ranking due to last season's results, they wouldn't even be a top 10 team. Let's be honest here.

Sam isn't the best team in the nation.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2016, 10:05 AM
So why is Sam the best team in the nation? because they've manhandled their opponents? That's pretty easy to do with the SOS that they have.

Had Sam not been given a high preseason ranking due to last season's results, they wouldn't even be a top 10 team. Let's be honest here.

They might be, but it sure is hard to tell because of who they have played so far.

kalm
October 17th, 2016, 10:38 AM

They might be but there won't be a way of knowing until the playoffs.

And it's worth remembering that while they did make a run last year, they had a close game against SUU, beat an over-rated McNeese, benefited from an upset to get Colgate at home before getting trucked in the semi.

There's no question that they're really good, but there's more to it than just an eyeball test or history.

Silenoz
October 17th, 2016, 10:47 AM

Blame UNI for melting down. And we're what, 6th in Sagarin? So "horrible" is an embellishment.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Blame UNI for melting down. And we're what, 6th in Sagarin? So "horrible" is an embellishment.

You should have played Missouri State not Mississippi Valley State. It would have done wonders for your SOS.

YoUDeeMan
October 17th, 2016, 10:51 AM

They are as good, and better in most spots, as any top team. They are light years better than last year.

They are doing what they are supposed to do. Win, and win big. You thought your team had a shot...and your team was destroyed. It wasn't even as close as the score and you know it. Who can stop them? Not NDSU's defense...that's for sure.

For those tough minded MVFC folks out there...Longo was the OC for SIU when they were dominating the MVFC (15-1, two conference championships), and he was an assistant at Youngstown State. He knows football. And he knows he has a good team. KC has had his fair share of good teams...and he says this team is on par with those teams.

Perhaps you folks should listen.

Bisonoline
October 17th, 2016, 10:57 AM
They are as good, and better in most spots, as any top team. They are light years better than last year.

They are doing what they are supposed to do. Win, and win big. You thought your team had a shot...and your team was destroyed. It wasn't even as close as the score and you know it. Who can stop them? Not NDSU's defense...that's for sure.

For those tough minded MVFC folks out there...Longo was the OC for SIU when they were dominating the MVFC (15-1, two conference championships), and he was an assistant at Youngstown State. He knows football. And he knows he has a good team. KC has had his fair share of good teams...and he says this team is on par with those teams.

We heard the same crap when they were undefeated. Beat sombody good. That will make people believers.

Catatonic
October 17th, 2016, 11:01 AM
We heard the same crap when they were undefeated. Beat sombody good. That will make people believers.

About all they can do is play the teams on their schedule and do so by beating the spread. Fortunately neither your low opinion nor other's high opinion of this team will matter much since the FCS has a playoff system to take care of these kinds of disputations.

Big_Fan
October 17th, 2016, 11:04 AM
You overlooked the qualifiers, usually and OOC. OOC because they usually schedule not so good G5 and FCS teams outside the SEC. Their overall SOS is helped by the rankings of conference opponents (some would say inflated rankings, but that's another debate). Usually, as in more often than not. The last couple of years they have agreed to play opening games against quality opponents like Wisconsin and USC, which helps. They still have three games against not-so-good G5 and FCS schools and more often than not the fourth OOC game has been another G5 rather than an elite P5 match up.

Since Saban's second season there they have played a major ooc opponent every year... Va Tech, Penn State x2, Clemson, Michigan, Wisky, W.Va, and USC. They usually play one or two mid majors from the mac or sun belt, and a FCS team.

Bisonoline
October 17th, 2016, 11:04 AM
About all they can do is play the teams on their schedule and do so by beating the spread. Fortunately neither your low opinion nor other's high opinion of this team will matter much since the FCS has a playoff system to take care of these kinds of disputations.

Exactly.

clenz
October 17th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Someone has geniusly been voting EWU #1 for a few weeks....................

It's almost as though someone saw NDSU flaws and thought someone else could be number one. Yes, the early season H-H went to NDSU....in OT...at home....but someone watched the rest of the season unfold and maybe saw something different.

Silenoz
October 17th, 2016, 11:14 AM
You should have played Missouri State not Mississippi Valley State. It would have done wonders for your SOS.
I actually think we do play them in the next few years, interestingly enough

katstrapper
October 17th, 2016, 11:19 AM
I could see NDSU keeping their #1 ranking just because they have received ALL first place votes for at least a couple of weeks now. And if they did drop, I don't see them dropping past #3 and may only drop to #2.

As far as SHSU, this team is a different team from last year. Briscoe is entrenched as the #1 QB and is having a great season and this offense is more potent than last year. Defense is still improving, but I sure like what I see. The run defense is much better than the last 3 under Mike Collins and she front 7 is legit.

Yes the schedule leaves a little to be desired, but some of the schedule issues were created when New Mexico backed out of this years game so SHSU had to scramble for a last minute game with Ok-Panhandle St. SHSU schedule gets better the next couple of years with games against Nevada, Richmond and North Dakota just name a few.

Bearkat starters have yet to play a full 60 minutes this season so I think the verdict is still out on how good this team could really be.

Mayville Bison
October 17th, 2016, 11:21 AM

All I see here are plenty of "you did this wrong" statements. Instead of Team X should not be #1 or Team Y should not be in at all, why don't you give some actual evidence to go with it instead of just stating "Anyone west of the Mississippi doesn't know what they are talking about."

Who is your #1 and why should they be ahead of NDSU? - Full disclosure, I do not have NDSU #1 this week
Who are the 25 teams you have ranked ahead of UNI? - Full disclosure, I do not have UNI ranked
Where would you put JMU with this "non-existent D"?
Where would you put a SHSU team whose schedule rivals that of Pioneer League schedules?
How can you say "JSU would beat the crap out of most of the MVFC teams when they got destroyed by the only MVFC team they have played in recent years? Even JSU fans don't play that card (their only gripe has been how SHSU can be ahead of them when they have a "recent" game to say otherwise), so don't play it for them.

TheRevSFA
October 17th, 2016, 11:21 AM

It's the same thing year after year. Sam was viewed as the number one team a few years ago and then got the **** kicked out of them in the National Championship. Last year they benefitted from a very weak (by comparison) playoff schedule.

Sam is good, I never said they were not, but if they played the scheduled that UNI, or EWU, or JSU, etc...would they be undefeated still?

Guess we will find out come playoff time just how good Sam is.

Catatonic
October 17th, 2016, 11:25 AM
It's the same thing year after year. Sam was viewed as the number one team a few years ago and then got the **** kicked out of them in the National Championship. Last year they benefitted from a very weak (by comparison) playoff schedule.

Sam is good, I never said they were not, but if they played the scheduled that UNI, or EWU, or JSU, etc...would they be undefeated still?

Guess we will find out come playoff time just how good Sam is.

they are better than last year. Their transfer DE from the University of Texas is a nice counterpart to Hall on the opposite end.

clenz
October 17th, 2016, 11:26 AM
UNI is bad. Stop using them as any kind of resume builder for anyone.

katstrapper
October 17th, 2016, 11:34 AM
They might be, but it sure is hard to tell because of who they have played so far.

And the starters haven't played a full game yet because they have demolished teams by halftime. The schedule is about the weakest link of this SHSU team right now. Southland Conference is way down as well. New Mexico backing out late as the FBS opponent really hurt.

TheRevSFA
October 17th, 2016, 11:39 AM
they are better than last year. Their transfer DE from the University of Texas is a nice counterpart to Hall on the opposite end.

No joke on that...That's definitely a great combo.

- - - Updated - - -

And the starters haven't played a full game yet because they have demolished teams by halftime. The schedule is about the weakest link of this SHSU team right now. Southland Conference is way down as well. New Mexico backing out late as the FBS opponent really hurt.

Scheduling Richmond next year is probably a better thing than trusting a FBS game.

katstrapper
October 17th, 2016, 11:46 AM

When he is in the game, it allows the defense to move PJ Hall and Mouf Adebo inside as well. Kat front 7 is very good.

katstrapper
October 17th, 2016, 11:48 AM
No joke on that...That's definitely a great combo.

- - - Updated - - -

Scheduling Richmond next year is probably a better thing than trusting a FBS game.

Kats supposedly also have Nevada in 2018 ( I think) and a home and home with Univ of North Dakota. I think the New Mexico game is supposed to be made up in 2019, but I could be wrong.

Daytripper
October 17th, 2016, 11:49 AM

Derick Roberson

Katfan
October 17th, 2016, 11:49 AM

It does suck and makes it very hard to determine where you stand. Oh well it is what it is at least going forward we will have Richmond and North Dakota on the schedule.

Katfan
October 17th, 2016, 11:55 AM
What was the score the year before? Let the excuses begin. You won get over it! If you want to live in the past go ahead or you might want to take a look at this years team..

Katfan
October 17th, 2016, 11:57 AM

Quiet let them live in the past. We can wait until playoff time.

Katfan
October 17th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Are you talking about 2011? You didn't think that was a good team? Yeah you beat us, but come on man that was a great game between two really good teams.

TheRevSFA
October 17th, 2016, 12:05 PM
I will say, I'm definitely working on going to Huntsville for UCA and Sam. The way these two are going, that's going to be a de-facto conference championship game.

Katfan
October 17th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I'd like to nominate this for Post of the Year.
Second

RootinFerDukes
October 17th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Now that this week's poll is posted, I will say that I voted for EWU as #1 solely because it was down to JSU, EWU and SHSU and SoS reigned supreme in that scenario. The fact that JSU and SHSU have yet to play a ranked team had me asking, "can you honestly put them as the #1 team with them having not been challenged yet?". I obviously said no.

TheRevSFA
October 17th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Since the poll is out, I had EWU as #1 and Sam as #2.

I said I didn't think Sam was the best team in the country..I never said I didn't think they weren't second best.

Daytripper
October 17th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Since the poll is out, I had EWU as #1 and Sam as #2.

I said I didn't think Sam was the best team in the country..I never said I didn't think they weren't second best.

Great minds think alike....that was my top two also.

Katfan
October 17th, 2016, 12:16 PM

How ironic would it be if SHSU move up to #1 the same day your coach was fired? Before I get attacked by the masses,I'm not suggesting we should be #1.

JSUSoutherner
October 17th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Now that this week's poll is posted, I will say that I voted for EWU as #1 solely because it was down to JSU, EWU and SHSU and SoS reigned supreme in that scenario. The fact that JSU and SHSU have yet to play a ranked team had me asking, "can you honestly put them as the #1 team with them having not been challenged yet?". I obviously said no.
Would Coastal not be ranked if they weren't moving up?

JaxSinfonian
October 17th, 2016, 01:09 PM
The fact that JSU and SHSU have yet to play a ranked team had me asking, "can you honestly put them as the #1 team with them having not been challenged yet?". I obviously said no.

Coastal's not ranked in the AGS poll, I presume, because voters here are mainly interested in teams eligible for the FCS title. But the Chanticleers are ranked in the STATS poll (for what that's worth). Massey's system has Coastal at 14th among FCS teams, one slot behind Sam Houston, and Sagarin has them at 12th among FCS teams. Liberty, meanwhile, will likely return to peoples' radar once they've strung together a couple more wins.

I'm not arguing that JSU should be ranked first, just arguing a bit with your stated rationale. There are valid reasons to think JSU's not the best team in the land. However, while the schedule overall is not as strong as Eastern's, it's not as if it's been empty of challenges. The strongest argument for ranking EWU No. 1 is the win over Washington State, and that's a pretty strong argument.

Sammy94
October 17th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Just for the record, I had Sam 3rd, EWU, first and NDSU still has my respect behind them.

AmsterBison
October 17th, 2016, 01:19 PM
I'd drop NDSU to #5, but if NDSU puts together some W's, I'd move them up over teams I had them behind (although I might wait until after the UNI game.)

RootinFerDukes
October 17th, 2016, 01:23 PM
I apologize. I forgot JSU played and beat the STATS ranked CCU. I was referring to the AGS poll and simply forgot they played CCU. I do have JSU #2. EWU beating Wazzu is more impressive than CCU.

BadlandsGrizFan
October 17th, 2016, 02:05 PM

OMG how many times do we have to go over this??? Cal Poly is at this point every single year...and than tails off.....every single freaking year man.

BisonTru
October 17th, 2016, 04:11 PM

Any takers here? There's only 10 voters that shouldn't want to take this bet, and yes, I voted NDSU #1. Call it a homer vote if you will, but I will put my money on the line that I'm right.

Daytripper
October 17th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Any takers here? There's only 10 voters that shouldn't want to take this bet, and yes, I voted NDSU #1. Call it a homer vote if you will, but I will put my money on the line that I'm right.

https://media.giphy.com/media/sEULHciNa7tUQ/giphy.gif

YoUDeeMan
October 17th, 2016, 05:14 PM

Incredibly silly comment. How many semi-final and final games has SHSU played in the last 5 years? They got there by beating several conference champions. With one year being the exception, the MVFC has done little except NDSU, but keep on hanging your hat on the success of others...the my brother beat up your brother story is kinda' cute.

UNI...they should be number 4 or 5, right? xlolx

Twentysix
October 17th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Incredibly silly comment. How many semi-final and final games has SHSU played in the last 5 years? They got there by beating several conference champions. With one year being the exception, the MVFC has done little except NDSU, but keep on hanging your hat on the success of others...the my brother beat up your brother story is kinda' cute.

Go home, you are drunk.

YoUDeeMan
October 17th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Go home, you are drunk.

Nah...just right.

Bisonoline
October 17th, 2016, 10:41 PM

xcoffeex

longtimemocfan
October 18th, 2016, 07:44 AM
^this, chatty played no one and the first quality team they play they get beat. The score was closer than the game imo

Panther Rob can't disagree with what your saying. Bison 56 you've been smoking something besides that cigar. Samford is in the top 20. I guess they're nobody right?

Bison56
October 18th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Panther Rob can't disagree with what your saying. Bison 56 you've been smoking something besides that cigar. Samford is in the top 20. I guess they're nobody right?

Maybe:D

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2016, 09:47 AM

I don't even remember what I was talking about. xlolx

longtimemocfan
October 18th, 2016, 10:53 AM

Sorry I didn't reply with the quote. It was only like 20 pages ago. But anyway SDSU does have a better resume than we do.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Sorry I didn't reply with the quote. It was only like 20 pages ago. But anyway SDSU does have a better resume than we do.

Oh yeah, they do. Luckily none of it matters once the playoff field is set. I think the craziness of the political races flows over to our football discussions. Make sure to vote on November 28th. :p

longtimemocfan
October 18th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Will do xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2016, 11:37 AM

SDSU will have one hell of a resume if they win this week. For all the talk about UNIs schedule SDSU will have played @TCU (solid FBS), Drake (cupcake), top 20 Cal Poly, top 15 WIU, @SIU (decent at best), @NDSU, top 15 YSU.

In the last four games they will have faced (at the time) #8, a ORV team away, @ #1, and #13 I think. If we get through that without a loss would be pretty damn impressive.

dgtw
October 18th, 2016, 01:58 PM

2016-USC
2015-Wisconsin
2014-West Virginia
2013-Virginia Tech
2012-Michigan
2011-Penn State
2010-Penn State
2009-Virginia Tech
2008-Clemson
2007-Florida State

If by "last couple of years" you mean ten, then you are correct on Alabama's non-conference P5 teams.

longtimemocfan
October 18th, 2016, 03:28 PM
SDSU will have one hell of a resume if they win this week. For all the talk about UNIs schedule SDSU will have played @TCU (solid FBS), Drake (cupcake), top 20 Cal Poly, top 15 WIU, @SIU (decent at best), @NDSU, top 15 YSU.

In the last four games they will have faced (at the time) #8, a ORV team away, @ #1, and #13 I think. If we get through that without a loss would be pretty damn impressive.

We'll be able to one up you when we beat Alabama. Ha ha j/k sounds like somebody from our fan base. Saw most of the TCU game. In a track meet like you were in that game,TCU just had some more fresh bodies to throw out there. Looked like 2 evenly matched teams.

Bison56
October 18th, 2016, 04:54 PM

We're happy for ya!xthumbsupx