PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 6 2016

bonarae
October 15th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Last week saw the Crimson exposed in the last OOC game of the season, and Dartmouth suddenly being back in contention...

It is also the first full week of conference action.

Penn at Yale
Cornell at Brown
Harvard at Princeton
Dartmouth at Columbia

bulldog10jw
October 15th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Last week saw the Crimson exposed in the last OOC game of the season, and Dartmouth suddenly being back in contention...

It is also the first full week of conference action.

Penn at Yale
Cornell at Brown
Harvard at Princeton
Dartmouth at Columbia

an out of league win does not put Dartmouth, who has two league losses, back in contention.

bulldog10jw
October 15th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Penn - tempted to pick Yale. They can really pound the ball on the ground, but the better QB usually wins and Yale's passing D is horrible.
Brown - for no good reason.
Harvard - would not be surprised if PU wins, though.
Dartmouth

Son of Eli
October 15th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Yale over Penn
Cornell over Brown
Harvard over Princeton
Dartmouth over Columbia.

Ivytalk
October 15th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Penn
Brown
Princeton
Dartmouth

ngineer
October 15th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Really hard to figure you guys out right now. I don't see a dominant team. Could be a wide open race for the first time in a long time.

World
October 17th, 2016, 01:50 AM
Penn at Yale
Cornell at Brown
Harvard at Princeton
Dartmouth at Columbia

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Harvard is looking very ordinary at this point. Why did Murphy start a sophomore QB who couldn't hold onto the football? Is Viviano hurt? Apparently Harvard's best RB (Smith) is hurt, and the backups couldn't generate any ground game. I'm not taking anything away from Holy Cross, which outplayed us on both sides of the ball and deserved to win, but this is looking like the most mediocre Harvard squad since 2000.

Go Green
October 17th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Dartmouth over Columbia.

Don't be so sure. Any team that loses to Yale can lose to Columbia.

:)

Spider from the North
October 17th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Penn
Cornell
Harvard
Dartmouth

Go Green
October 17th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Harvard is looking very ordinary at this point. Why did Murphy start a sophomore QB who couldn't hold onto the football? Is Viviano hurt? Apparently Harvard's best RB (Smith) is hurt, and the backups couldn't generate any ground game. I'm not taking anything away from Holy Cross, which outplayed us on both sides of the ball and deserved to win, but this is looking like the most mediocre Harvard squad since 2000.

The theory on the Ivy Board is that Murphy just doesn't give a damn about out of conference play and let the "stars" rest their "owies" against Holy Cross. Don't be surprised to see Harvard at full strength Saturday against Princeton....

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2016, 11:33 AM
The theory on the Ivy Board is that Murphy just doesn't give a damn about out of conference play and let the "stars" rest their "owies" against Holy Cross. Don't be surprised to see Harvard at full strength Saturday against Princeton....

Thanks for the insight, GG, but I just have the feeling that this isn't Harvard's year. The Georgetown game is a case in point. Murphy rolled up the score against G'Town just last year, but came back with a flat (albeit victorious) effort against them in 2016. Is it a combination of lesser talent and the coaching attitude you mention? We'll see on Saturday.

eiu1999
October 17th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Penn at Yale
Cornell at Brown
Harvard at Princeton
Dartmouth at Columbia

bonarae
October 17th, 2016, 07:14 PM

I'm afraid Murphy is the complete opposite (360 degrees I think) of many a ranked team's head coach (regardless of division the team is in). The latter set has figured out how to compete for a spot in the polls and also the playoffs (for many of them) year in year out. I think Murphy thinks he plays in the NESCAC and plays for nothing, that's why he has had watered down Harvard's OOC schedule xsmhx

Son of Eli
October 19th, 2016, 06:59 PM

Yale didn't look too bad against Fordham.

bulldog10jw
October 20th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Penn (-9.5) at Yale OU 60
Cornell (-6.5) at Brown OU 52
Harvard (-7) at Princeton OU 57
Dartmouth (-12) at Columbia OU 31

MR. CHICKEN
October 20th, 2016, 07:47 PM
PENN
BROWN
HARVARD
DARTMOUTH

Go...gate
October 20th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Penn 26, Yale 21

Cornell 20, Brown 17

Princeton 38, Harvard 31

Dartmouth 31, Columbia 14

Ivytalk
October 22nd, 2016, 04:29 PM

You are correct, sir!xnodx

bonarae
October 22nd, 2016, 05:29 PM
All final scores:
Penn 42, Yale 7
Brown 28, Cornell 21 (OT)
Harvard 23, Princeton 20 (OT)
Columbia 9, Dartmouth 7

Go Green
October 22nd, 2016, 07:51 PM
You are correct, sir!xnodx

Yeah, yeah... :(

Go...gate
October 23rd, 2016, 03:43 PM
Tough loss for Princeton.

Ivytalk
October 23rd, 2016, 05:08 PM
Tough loss for Princeton.
Yep. Harvard did its level best to hand Princeton the game late. I don't trust this Harvard team. Too many turnovers (in their good years, they won the takeaway battle almost every week), and they have no running game. To make matters worse, their long-vaunted rush defense is getting gashed.