PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota visits Indiana State

SD4ever
October 14th, 2016, 05:23 PM
So do I dare be cautiously optimistic about the Yotes and start a discussion about this MVFC matchup? I will be the first to admit that it has been a brutal first few seasons in the FCS. In fact since 1986 there have been a lot of brutal seasons. That being said it would seem that things might be on the verge of turning around just a little bit. They seemed to hold their own for a fair amount of time against New Mexico. Beating Weber after being down 21 points twice was surely acceptable. A stomping of North Dakota was going on until the foot came off the gas and the pick 6's happened. The result was not very good in Youngstown so that matchup needs to get worked out. Dakota Day helped against UNI. If anyone thinks that the offense is not capable of big plays you might want to check the season stats so far. You can get first hand knowledge from the Panthers. So they are 2 and 3. 3 and 2 would be good. 1 and 4 and 0 and 5 would be possible too. That's football. Especially being involved in this Conference.

Anyway I don't see the Sycamores stopping a weekly improving USD offense. The defense has been having its moments. They should be getting better. The Coyotes easily have one of the best kicker/punters in the League if not the whole country. Special teams seem to have been shored up. Coach Nielsen? Well WIU's loss is USD's gain.

I am going South Dakota 45 Indiana State 20.

Go Coyotes!!

Kemo
October 14th, 2016, 07:50 PM
So do I dare be cautiously optimistic about the Yotes and start a discussion about this MVFC matchup? I will be the first to admit that it has been a brutal first few seasons in the FCS. In fact since 1986 there have been a lot of brutal seasons. That being said it would seem that things might be on the verge of turning around just a little bit. They seemed to hold their own for a fair amount of time against New Mexico. Beating Weber after being down 21 points twice was surely acceptable. A stomping of North Dakota was going on until the foot came off the gas and the pick 6's happened. The result was not very good in Youngstown so that matchup needs to get worked out. Dakota Day helped against UNI. If anyone thinks that the offense is not capable of big plays you might want to check the season stats so far. You can get first hand knowledge from the Panthers. So they are 2 and 3. 3 and 2 would be good. 1 and 4 and 0 and 5 would be possible too. That's football. Especially being involved in this Conference.

Anyway I don't see the Sycamores stopping a weekly improving USD offense. The defense has been having its moments. They should be getting better. The Coyotes easily have one of the best kicker/punters in the League if not the whole country. Special teams seem to have been shored up. Coach Nielsen? Well WIU's loss is USD's gain.

I am going South Dakota 45 Indiana State 20.

Go Coyotes!!

Coyotes should win this game, but since that's the case, they probably won't.

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Ill take my sycamores. Weshould have our O-line back (3 lost vs MSU 1 still out last week all with concussions) one of our playmaker receivers was out the last 2 weeks too (Pugh). I think it could be high scoring. My big complaint has been no pressure on the QB.

Coyote Fan
October 15th, 2016, 02:05 AM
This should be a good one. It seems as if nearly every game Streveler has a long touchdown run. Indiana State will probably be keying on him. I do worry about the Coyotes against the pass. That seems to be the Sycamores strength. Most are predicting a high scoring affair. I am being a little too on the overly optimistic side which I am usually not when it comes to predicting the Coyotes on a weekly basis. This time I am going South Dakota 40-17 but that doesn't mean this couldn't go the other way. This is basically a pick em game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 07:21 AM
Toss up IMO.

Going with the home team.

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Toss up IMO.

Going with the home team.

Always a safe bet

Wind is coming straight through the stadium side. So on tv it will be coming straight from camera side. Its pretty breezy

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Its pretty windy. Standing beside the field its at least a 1-2 club wind

SD4ever
October 15th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Yotes off to a good start. Sycs rebounding.

End of Q1.

17 to 10, SD.

SD4ever
October 15th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Well, the 2nd Q. was basically bad for both teams.

At the half 17 to 10 Yotes!

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2016, 03:40 PM
I'm biased and think the refs have blown a few calls but even if they were all correct they are not looking good getting them right

SD4ever
October 15th, 2016, 04:41 PM
I'm biased and think the refs have blown a few calls but even if they were all correct they are not looking good getting them right

They seem very undecided a lot.

SD4ever
October 15th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Turnovers playing a big part as we move to Q4.

27 to 17 Yotes.

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Dumbest play call ever?

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2016, 05:23 PM
OVERTIME

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2016, 05:35 PM
2ot. Both teams crapped their pants and kicked fgs

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Dumbest play call ever?
Not to be outdone

Yote 53
October 15th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Raise the W. Yotes win!

SD4ever
October 15th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Well u can't say that one was not a nail biter. Congrats to ISUb for making it a game. Looked like the Yotes may run away early. Kind of a crazy game. Glad and fortunate USD got it.

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2016, 06:41 PM
We spent the whole day wrestling ourselves and the refs.