PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Week 6 Review + Power Rankings

MrTitleist
October 11th, 2016, 09:10 AM
http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conference/big-sky-week-6-review-and-power-rankings/

For your morning reading.

Nodak78
October 11th, 2016, 09:21 AM
you might want to check the Big Sky standing. Montana is not leading the Big Sky with EWU.
Eastern Washington 3-0 5-1
North Dakota 3-0 4-2
Weber State 2-0 3-2
Southern Utah 2-1 3-2
Montana 1-1 4-1

MrTitleist
October 11th, 2016, 09:31 AM
According to my power rankings they are at the top, which is what I was implying.

Nodak78
October 11th, 2016, 09:37 AM
According to my power rankings they are at the top, which is what I was implying.

thanks for the clarification. Also Santiago did play some 7 carries for 56 yards. we did have 3 - 100 yard rushers

slostang
October 11th, 2016, 03:50 PM
How has Montana separated themselves from the pack? They are 1-1 in conference and have only one win against a team with a winning record. Don't get me wrong, I think Montana is a very good team this year, I just do not see where they have shown they are clearly at the top of the Big Sky with EWU. EWU has a win against Washington State (who just beat Stanford) and they took 5 time National Champions and currently top rated NDSU to OT on the road. I would say EWU at the top and Montana, Cal Poly and North Dakota a step back.

UNDColorado
October 11th, 2016, 03:54 PM
How has Montana separated themselves from the pack? They are 1-1 in conference and have only one win against a team with a winning record. Don't get me wrong, I think Montana is a very good team this year, I just do not see where they have shown they are clearly at the top of the Big Sky with EWU. EWU has a win against Washington State (who just beat Stanford) and they took 5 time National Champions and currently top rated NDSU to OT on the road. I would say EWU at the top and Montana, Cal Poly and North Dakota a step back.

What he said. Montana is definitely a good team but I believe EWU to be alone at the top right now.

UNDColorado
October 11th, 2016, 03:58 PM
I would like to point out that EWU proved me wrong this year. I knew they would be decent but I thought they had some rebuilding to do on the OL and defense, but they just keep chugging along.

Grizalltheway
October 11th, 2016, 04:08 PM
I would like to point out that EWU proved me wrong this year. I knew they would be decent but I thought they had some rebuilding to do on the OL and defense, but they just keep chugging along.

No doubt their offense is off the charts, but they still rank 104th in scoring defense and 107th in total defense. It'll be interesting to see what our D-coordinator cooks up in a couple weeks.

UNDColorado
October 11th, 2016, 04:12 PM
No doubt their offense is off the charts, but they still rank 104th in scoring defense and 107th in total defense. It'll be interesting to see what our D-coordinator cooks up in a couple weeks.

Yeah their defense is hard to get a handle on because they give up a ton of yards and points but seem to make big plays at the right time. How long will that hold up? We'll find out in a couple of weeks when they play you guys. That is setting up to be a heck of a game.

mvemjsunpx
October 11th, 2016, 04:32 PM

Hopefully the DBs haven't forgotten how to play zone. The tight man they've been playing the past few weeks isn't gonna cut it against EWU's receivers.

veinup
October 11th, 2016, 07:18 PM

agreed.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 11th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Hopefully the DBs haven't forgotten how to play zone. The tight man they've been playing the past few weeks isn't gonna cut it against EWU's receivers.

Honestly, you guys would have better luck pla... nevermind. Yes, play zone. :D

kalm
October 11th, 2016, 09:30 PM

Lol.

But dammit SE, we were in the middle of a 6 game win streak at this time last year and look what happened.

No need to get cocky yet.

But they should definitely drop 8 into coverage and take away Krupp and Bourne...

Grizalltheway
October 11th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Lol.

But dammit SE, we were in the middle of a 6 game win streak at this time last year and look what happened.

No need to get cocky yet.

But they should definitely drop 8 into coverage and take away Krupp and Bourne...

I'm pretty certain we'll rush more than 3 most downs, unlike NDSU. Getting after the QB(s) seemed to work pretty well last year.

grizband
October 11th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Might help Montana to get their best corner back before the game

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tomq04
October 11th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Stat wise ewu's defense is terrible, but in person they are LEAP AND BOUNDS ahead of the last 4 years.

They are actually making plays when they count, and getting off the field on 3rd down, and we are ahead in turnover margin.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 12th, 2016, 12:50 AM
Stat wise ewu's defense is terrible, but in person they are LEAP AND BOUNDS ahead of the last 4 years.

They are actually making plays when they count, and getting off the field on 3rd down, and we are ahead in turnover margin.

I don't care what anybody says about their stats and so forth. I'll take that every f'n time. If you don't cross the line, the opposing D is just fine.

JALMOND
October 12th, 2016, 01:28 AM
I must have missed the sound bite from Barnum last week that got Weber so riled up. All I heard was regarding the trip, seeing the zoo and Mormon Square in SLC, and taking the bus back. Granted Barnum's "Whoville" comment was all over the place (he should have called it "Hicksville", but that would have been tough to figure out which Big Sky town he was referring to), but I didn't see any comments from him regarding Ogden.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 1st, 2016, 02:07 PM

skylinesportsmt.com/grizzlies-fall-at-eastern-washington-for-second-straight-road-loss

"We thought we could play man against them and they just showed us that we couldn't."