PDA

View Full Version : UNI@YSU

penguinpower
October 11th, 2016, 07:59 AM
I think this is going to be a very low scoring game. I also think it is going to be a very good game to watch. UNI has their backs against the wall once again.............while Youngstown won a game in October and demonstrated that they can score points in the second half of games this year.

I say this could be the game of the week. Defensive battle.

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2016, 08:38 AM
YSU only needs a couple of TD's and they win. UNI is anemic on offense and Farley always overrules his OC.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2016, 08:43 AM
UNI usually goes on a late season tear and YSU usually goes on a late season swoon.... problem is it's only mid-season. I still think UNI plays just well enough to pick up a low-scoring win in a slugfest.

Bisonator
October 11th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Come on guys it's not even November yet. YSU is still in mid season form.

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2016, 08:58 AM
What type of offense is Bo running out there in Youngtown? Can we expect an air attack or ground and pound? Can the QB run at all? I honestly haven't seen Youngstown play at all this year. I would guess if Bo has his way it is a spread attack with a mobile QB since that is all he had at Nebraska.

clenz
October 11th, 2016, 09:07 AM
YSU by 12+

ST_Lawson
October 11th, 2016, 09:29 AM
What type of offense is Bo running out there in Youngtown? Can we expect an air attack or ground and pound? Can the QB run at all? I honestly haven't seen Youngstown play at all this year. I would guess if Bo has his way it is a spread attack with a mobile QB since that is all he had at Nebraska.

They are strong on the ground on both sides of the ball. They don't blow anyone out with huge numbers, but it gets the job done.
They've got a decent rushing QB (averages 74.8 yards per game running), and a decent RB in Martin Ruiz (78.8 yards per game). None of their receivers average over 40 yards per game, but they do spread it around pretty well. On defense, they have two guys in the top 10 in the FCS in sacks (which means that with Karter Schult, 3 of the top 10 sack leaders in the FCS are playing in this game). DE Derek Rivers is #2 and DE Avery Moss is #8...I'd say they have probably the best d-line in the conference.

All signs point to a low-scoring defensive battle. Almost to the point where the first team to double-digits wins.

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2016, 09:43 AM
I doubt that we win, so we will probably win by 21. xlolx

F'N Hawks
October 11th, 2016, 10:05 AM
YSU by 12+

Several times when I have talked to former coaches I know from the MVFC the same things keeps coming up - "I will never understand why they don't just line up under center and pound the other team in the front of them. They keep trying to do different things and get in their own way".

Seems like with those big, Iowa OL you have that running a pro-style TE/FB offense would be pretty good. Instead they run zone-read 40 times a game creating confusion on who will actually get the ball because of what the defense does. UNI's roster is absolutely loaded with talent, blows UND's out of the water.

ytownchief22
October 11th, 2016, 10:28 AM
YSU has a very good defense. The only FCS school not not give up a rushing TD so far this year. They can rush the passer with ease with only 4 DL and play good pass coverage. Offense has been a work in progress. Our QB has led the team in carries the last 2 games (Thanks to our not well liked OC). Lots of read options. WR's are inexperienced but coming along. I expect a dog fight as usual with UNI.

penguinpower
October 11th, 2016, 10:44 AM

The QB can run it and he doesn't slide enough. Instead he lowers his shoulder and takes a significant amount of hits. He was concussed at WVU. He is a big QB too. YSU doesn't throw it much, but then again they really haven't had to. When they do throw nearly every pass is to the outside. They haven't thrown over the middle all year. YSU features 3 RB's and they are all good. Webb is a speed back, Ruiz is more of a power back and McCaster is a blend of both.

The Defense hasn't allowed a rushing TD this year. The DE's are probably the best in the FCS. The LB position is missing a superstar that is suspended this year and I would say they are a little thin there. There is also some inconsistent play at the CB position at times but there is a lot of depth on defense.

YSU doesn't look anything like the team that played UNI 3 years ago. Not even close.

Houndawg
October 11th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Several times when I have talked to former coaches I know from the MVFC the same things keeps coming up - "I will never understand why they don't just line up under center and pound the other team in the front of them. They keep trying to do different things and get in their own way".

Seems like with those big, Iowa OL you have that running a pro-style TE/FB offense would be pretty good. Instead they run zone-read 40 times a game creating confusion on who will actually get the ball because of what the defense does. UNI's roster is absolutely loaded with talent, blows UND's out of the water.

They need to spend more time in the weight room.xcoffeex

F'N Hawks
October 11th, 2016, 12:03 PM
They need to spend more time in the weight room.xcoffeex

If UNI needs more time in the weight room then UND is hopeless.

Wonder if UND has been using those power clean bumpers and thinking they were plates?

neverobeyed
October 11th, 2016, 01:19 PM
I doubt that we win, so we will probably win by 21. xlolx

By seven FGs, no doubt.

Paladin1aa
October 11th, 2016, 01:44 PM
I look for a low scoring game.... defensive struggle. Flip a coin as I see either winning this one. YSU may still be vulnerable by the pass however. UNI -YSU is usually won by a close game and won at the very end. Anything can happen.

Schism55
October 11th, 2016, 02:07 PM
I look for a low scoring game.... defensive struggle. Flip a coin as I see either winning this one. YSU may still be vulnerable by the pass however. UNI -YSU is usually won by a close game and won at the very end. Anything can happen.
Unless UNI drastically improves in 1 week, they won't be able to exploit this. Bailey sprays the ball all over and their WR corps has been average this season.
This should be a good old fashioned rock fight. Really looking forward to this game. UNI is done with a loss right???

centennial
October 11th, 2016, 03:00 PM
I never know which UNI team is going to show up. I expect this to be a close game with YSU winning. That probably means that UNI blows out YSU.

BisonTru
October 11th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Massey has the over under at 37.5. I'd easily take the under in this one.

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Unless UNI drastically improves in 1 week, they won't be able to exploit this. Bailey sprays the ball all over and their WR corps has been average this season.
This should be a good old fashioned rock fight. Really looking forward to this game. UNI is done with a loss right???

Yeah we aren't beating anyone through the air this year.

Also not quite done with a loss. If we were to win out from there on we would probably get in at 7-4. That would mean wins over NDSU, SDSU, and WIU plus the FBS win over Iowa State. I mean for all intents and purposes yes probably done, but not an absolute that we are done.

Bisonoline
October 11th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Bailey is still at UNI? It seems like hes been there forever.

Thumper 76
October 11th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Going to be a low scoring game where field goals are big. So advantage YSU xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
October 11th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Going to be a low scoring game where field goals are big. So advantage YSU xlolx

Plus they have a stadium which has to count for something?

BisonTru
October 11th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Bailey is still at UNI? It seems like hes been there forever.

Another fun fact about Bailey's long career at UNI. The Panthers have never beat the Bison during his time with UNI. I agree it seems like forever. xnodx

clenz
October 11th, 2016, 06:45 PM
It's been one season

centennial
October 11th, 2016, 06:51 PM
It's been one season

Get out of here with these facts. We all know Bailey has been the UNI QB for 7 years.

Bisonator
October 11th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Probably because we have played him twice already. Just seems like forever.

ytownchief22
October 11th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Low scoring game indeed. We'll see whatever QB is able to make the 1 or 2 big plays to get the W.

Twentysix
October 12th, 2016, 01:13 AM
How has pelini's behavior been this year?

penguinpower
October 12th, 2016, 02:29 AM

He's gotten a 15 yard personal foul called on him. I have noticed that if the game is close he is more volatile, but there are also times when the game isn't close and he is jawing at the referees. Some sort of switch flips when he is on the sideline. It is interesting to watch. He is like a caged animal, and when he gets out (on the sideline) all hell breaks loose. All of his anger and frustration during the game gets funneled toward the zebras. It is crazy. He seems to be better this year.

ValleyTalk
October 12th, 2016, 06:47 AM
YSU 20-14

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Just when we think UNI is 'done' they will probably win this game.

I-AA Fan
October 12th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Just a few things:

First of all, YSU's OC is very welled-liked by people on and off the field. Bo probably did not like being told he had to keep him, but Bo also realizes he is one of the top OC's in all DI (yes all). It is safe to say that Bo has never had as talented an OC in his HC career. There are a few people on the YSU board that think if they say something, that makes it so. Say I am from Youngstown, the home of smash-mouth football, so the spread is not my friend either. However this is 2016, so if we are going to spread it, then we have the right man for the job. We need to stop confusing a lack of execution, with play-calling. I am glad to see that Monty has added back more complexity to his offense. Wolford had Shane calling-in high-school plays, when he has the deepest play book in the nation. Last week, the man took a spread offense and shifted to almost an "i" formation with QB under center and finished off USD's d-line. He will go from 2nd-down and 5-ball carriers on the field to 3rd-down and 5-receivers. How can you not respect that at the I-AA/FCS level?

Secondly, Carl Pelini is now the DC. YSU's d-line is weak, so we put everyone up front. All UNI has to do is watch the WVU game to see how to beat us. Simply throw the ball down field. The WVU QB threw 4 TD passes and 3 of them were at 38-yards or above. To Carl's credit, he is blitzing on almost every play and most of the time, receivers are not getting that deep on us. However, that leaves us very susceptible to a big back. Carl's middle and secondary really jam hard on the receivers, but we had 9-penalties last week. I feel like I am watching a MEAC or SWAC team at times.

Davis is a good QB, but he is only in his first year and plays like it. He is not what I would call a running QB. He is a drop-back passer that can run when needed. At his size if he was a true running QB, he would be playing at Clemson or one of the teams from the old Big East. :) He probably does need to call his own number a bit less, but coach Shane lets his QB's call the plays so if he sees a chance he takes it. Last week I liked Davis' use of Webb. As soon as Webb got into the flat, Davis waited for an LB to move over into coverage and then tucked the ball and ran. This week I would like to see Davis hit Webb a few times as UNI will be game-planing for that "keeper".

As mentioned, YSU has a small, but effective FB this year (McCaster) youthful and deliberate in style. He is always going to get positive yardage. Ruiz seems to be playing more like his old self, but I really think that injury is somewhat permanent and we have to accept the fact that he is at about 85%-90%. Since he is capable of being the top all-around (rushing and receiving) back in the nation, that is not too bad. I feel that getting Webb into the flat is key against UNI. once he breaks free, he is the fastest man on the field.

Special teams coverage was very good last week, but has been a weakness. The kickers are solid, probably the best in the conference. We had a really hard time turning the field in Q3 last week ...that cannot happen again. I really fault the O-line on much of that.

Bo is not really 'Bo' this year. I am concerned that the natural hatred for him (by the men in stripes) will come to haunt us. Look at WVU, the very first time Bo opened his mouth, the official flagged him within a couple of seconds. Baring directed language, that should have been a sideline warning ...then the yardage if it happened another time. However, Bo is a quality local product and we need to be happy we have him. Even though I have concerns about bringing Carl on to the staff in the first-place, now that he is here ...he is finally where his talent needs to be .. as DC.

I see a good game, but this one should be lopsided ...one way or the other. Considering YSU has what 1-win against UNI in the last 20-years? Money has to go on the Panthers. YSU needs to win field position, as UNI does have a good record in the red-zone. This will be tough as UNI will have the best return teams (both punt and kick) that YSU has faced. Baily is only 60 of 128; however he only has 1 INT, while Youngstown QBs have given up 5. These teams are #1 and #2 in 1st-downs allowed, yet neither is in the top half of the conference in 1st-downs gained. So why am I predicting a lopsided game?

penguinpower
October 12th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Just a few things:

First of all, YSU's OC is very welled-liked by people on and off the field. Bo probably did not like being told he had to keep him, but Bo also realizes he is one of the top OC's in all DI (yes all). It is safe to say that Bo has never had as talented an OC in his HC career. There are a few people on the YSU board that think if they say something, that makes it so. Say I am from Youngstown, the home of smash-mouth football, so the spread is not my friend either. However this is 2016, so if we are going to spread it, then we have the right man for the job. We need to stop confusing a lack of execution, with play-calling. I am glad to see that Monty has added back more complexity to his offense. Wolford had Shane calling-in high-school plays, when he has the deepest play book in the nation. Last week, the man took a spread offense and shifted to almost an "i" formation with QB under center and finished off USD's d-line. He will go from 2nd-down and 5-ball carriers on the field to 3rd-down and 5-receivers. How can you not respect that at the I-AA/FCS level?

Secondly, Carl Pelini is now the DC. YSU's d-line is weak, so we put everyone up front. All UNI has to do is watch the WVU game to see how to beat us. Simply throw the ball down field. The WVU QB threw 4 TD passes and 3 of them were at 38-yards or above. To Carl's credit, he is blitzing on almost every play and most of the time, receivers are not getting that deep on us. However, that leaves us very susceptible to a big back. Carl's middle and secondary really jam hard on the receivers, but we had 9-penalties last week. I feel like I am watching a MEAC or SWAC team at times.

Davis is a good QB, but he is only in his first year and plays like it. He is not what I would call a running QB. He is a drop-back passer that can run when needed. At his size if he was a true running QB, he would be playing at Clemson or one of the teams from the old Big East. :) He probably does need to call his own number a bit less, but coach Shane lets his QB's call the plays so if he sees a chance he takes it. Last week I liked Davis' use of Webb. As soon as Webb got into the flat, Davis waited for an LB to move over into coverage and then tucked the ball and ran. This week I would like to see Davis hit Webb a few times as UNI will be game-planing for that "keeper".

As mentioned, YSU has a small, but effective FB this year (McCaster) youthful and deliberate in style. He is always going to get positive yardage. Ruiz seems to be playing more like his old self, but I really think that injury is somewhat permanent and we have to accept the fact that he is at about 85%-90%. Since he is capable of being the top all-around (rushing and receiving) back in the nation, that is not too bad. I feel that getting Webb into the flat is key against UNI. once he breaks free, he is the fastest man on the field.

Special teams coverage was very good last week, but has been a weakness. The kickers are solid, probably the best in the conference. We had a really hard time turning the field in Q3 last week ...that cannot happen again. I really fault the O-line on much of that.

Bo is not really 'Bo' this year. I am concerned that the natural hatred for him (by the men in stripes) will come to haunt us. Look at WVU, the very first time Bo opened his mouth, the official flagged him within a couple of seconds. Baring directed language, that should have been a sideline warning ...then the yardage if it happened another time. However, Bo is a quality local product and we need to be happy we have him. Even though I have concerns about bringing Carl on to the staff in the first-place, now that he is here ...he is finally where his talent needs to be .. as OC.

I see a good game, but this one should be lopsided ...one way or the other. Considering YSU has what 1-win against UNI in the last 20-years? Money has to go on the Panthers. YSU needs to win field position, as UNI does have a good record in the red-zone. This will be tough as UNI will have the best return teams (both punt and kick) that YSU has faced. Baily is only 60 of 128; however he only has 1 INT, while Youngstown QBs have given up 5. These teams are #1 and #2 in 1st-downs allowed, yet neither is in the top half of the conference in 1st-downs gained. So why am I predicting a lopsided game?

Don't smoke crack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHOQAT0-Mk

ysubigred
October 12th, 2016, 09:57 AM

He's turned over a new leaf xthumbsupx

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt2op5B2hH1qzxj5vo1_500.jpg

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Unless your DBs are as bad as SIUs, you should be fine.

ytownchief22
October 12th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Still spewing the same stuff just like on your other site. Jesus....

Just a few things:

Bo is not really 'Bo' this year. I am concerned that the natural hatred for him (by the men in stripes) will come to haunt us. Look at WVU, the very first time Bo opened his mouth, the official flagged him within a couple of seconds. Baring directed language, that should have been a sideline warning ...then the yardage if it happened another time. However, Bo is a quality local product and we need to be happy we have him. Even though I have concerns about bringing Carl on to the staff in the first-place, now that he is here ...he is finally where his talent needs to be .. as DC.

UNIFanSince1983
October 12th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Good Ole Coke Head Carl.

ysubigred
October 12th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Good Ole Coke Head Carl.

Better than knob slobbing Farley.

Penguin Nation
October 12th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Good Ole Coke Head Carl.

Why would you care if someone uses blow or mj on their own time, assuming its even true?

I'd like to see Carl become HC after Bo leaves. He and Bo have had an immediate impact on the YSU D last year.

Also, I didn't know Farley slobbed knobs. Not that there's.....

Twentysix
October 12th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Why would you care if someone uses blow or mj on their own time, assuming its even true?

I'd like to see Carl become HC after Bo leaves. He and Bo have had an immediate impact on the YSU D last year.

Also, I didn't know Farley slobbed knobs. Not that there's.....

I mean if you don't care about someones private coke use, why do you care about someones private suck sessions?

clenz
October 12th, 2016, 04:08 PM
I mean if you don't care about someones private coke use, why do you care about someones private suck sessions?
Yeah...

One can ruin lives. In many cases causes extreme stress and dysfunction on the family. Ruin someone financially. Destroy the physical health of the person. So on and so forth.

The other brings great physical pleasure to willing parties involved.

Completely equal

Penguin Nation
October 12th, 2016, 04:19 PM

As a Libertarian, I couldn't care less about either. If those are the things that Carl and Farley like, and it hurts no one else, then it's all good.

clenz
October 12th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Thing is coke use seems like a victimless crime, but his use could easily destroy lives other than his own.

Most of you probably don't know systemic theory though...not care

Penguin Nation
October 12th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Thing is coke use seems like a victimless crime, but his use could easily destroy lives other than his own.

Most of you probably don't know systemic theory though...not care

Geez...that coke stuff sounds really bad. We should make it illegal or something. :)

Making it illegal actually makes it more dangerous. By incarcerating a dealer or manufacturer, a consumer is forced to change to a dealer or manufacturer of which they are totally unfamiliar with their products potency, leading to many ODs.

The drug war is not only a catastrophic failure, destroying more lives than drugs ever could, it is a racist policy created by racist politicians.

I wrote this back in June

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,13427.0.html

I'm by no means an advocate for using drugs, I'm just against FUBAR government policy.

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2016, 04:38 PM
I am laughing entirely too hard at this thread.

UNIFanSince1983
October 12th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Easy fellas it was a joke. I live in a glass house when it comes to drug use so I shouldn't be throwing stones. Just saw Carl Pelini's name come up and it was the first thing to pop into my head.

Didn't mean to side track this into another thread about whether drugs should be legal or not (personal belief is marijuana should be legalized for the record). Back to game talk.

I-AA Fan
October 12th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Still spewing the same stuff just like on your other site. Jesus....

Guess that makes you one of those that I am talking about doesn't it? This 2016 ...not 1976 ...get over it ... I did when I lost my hair. What is he matter cannot tell that there is more running plays than off-tackle and outside? IF we are spreading the ball or in a wing-T ...I will be in the stands.

As to the turn of this into a non-football conversation, now I remember why I stopped posting on here in the first place. What a combo: drugs, sex, politics ... no football and no moderator ...LOL

BTW:

Here is proof of everything I said about beating YSU:

https://youtu.be/QlXLVc0J4lo

yet Pelini's defense is unstoppable? Even Robert Morris did that against us and they were 0-3 and had not scored a TD until that point. Every big pass play against corners not looking. Then when we had designed blitzes, WVU ran it down our throats. Then you complain out our offense even though it was 24-21 at one point early in the 4th-quarter.

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2016, 05:51 PM
Guess that makes you one of those that I am talking about doesn't it? This 2016 ...not 1976 ...get over it ... I did when I lost my hair. What is he matter cannot tell that there is more running plays than off-tackle and outside? IF we are spreading the ball or in a wing-T ...I will be in the stands.

As to the turn of this into a non-football conversation, now I remember why I stopped posting on here in the first place. What a combo: drugs, sex, politics ... no football and no moderator ...LOL

Was it thin skin?

xbabycryxxbabycryxxbabycryx

BisonTru
October 12th, 2016, 06:10 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1891509/rst.gif

ValleyTalk
October 12th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Back to the game.... did IAAFAN say our DL is weak?!? We have Derek Rivers and Avery Moss who are arguably the best DE duo in all of the FCS --- look at the stats before I'm criticized for being biased lol :). In addition, we haven't given up a rushing touchdown this year.... So please explain to me again how our DL is weak? It is easily the strongest part of this football team.

Kemo
October 12th, 2016, 07:41 PM

I have only admittedly watched just parts of Youngstown's last couple of games, but from what I've seen Davis has not shown to be a "good QB." When I've seen him throw the ball the first thing that comes to my mind is "Yikes, hope the Penguins aren't forced into too many obvious passing downs."

Maybe I've just turned the YSU games on at the wrong time, but I really think the QB spot could be the weak link for what is otherwise a solid Penguins' team.

This game against UNI has a chance to alter my opinion some if he can prove to be a better passer, as I suspect the UNI's front 7 will be good enough to slow down the Penguins' ground game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Just a few things:

You were the guy saying NDSU was washed up and would have at least 4 losses this year...right?

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2016, 08:21 PM
I have only admittedly watched just parts of Youngstown's last couple of games, but from what I've seen Davis has not shown to be a "good QB." When I've seen him throw the ball the first thing that comes to my mind is "Yikes, hope the Penguins aren't forced into too many obvious passing downs."

Maybe I've just turned the YSU games on at the wrong time, but I really think the QB spot could be the weak link for what is otherwise a solid Penguins' team.

This game against UNI has a chance to alter my opinion some if he can prove to be a better passer, as I suspect the UNI's front 7 will be good enough to slow down the Penguins' ground game.

He went beyond chattown when he said Davis would be on Clemson if he could run better. Holy God

Penguin Nation
October 12th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Just a few things:

Dude, based on what? Best in both FBS and FCS? What hard stats can you offer to support that outrageous claim? He's not, nor has ever been, even the best in the MVFC.

centennial
October 12th, 2016, 10:23 PM
You were the guy saying NDSU was washed up and would have at least 4 losses this year...right?
He is still hoping for it...

Schism55
October 12th, 2016, 10:53 PM
I just watched the Illinois St YSU game (Thank you Watch ESPN replay function)
YSU QB is a decent runner, but his passing is a dumpster fire.
I think UNI wins this game by 10+

I-AA Fan
October 12th, 2016, 11:17 PM
Thumper. You obviously do not understand sarcasm? I said that he is NOT a running QB... and ...IF HE WAS A TRUE RUNNING QB AT HIS SIZE he would be playing at Clemson or one of the old Big East.

Stop worrying about attacking posters and read.

I-AA Fan
October 12th, 2016, 11:34 PM
Dude, based on what? Best in both FBS and FCS? What hard stats can you offer to support that outrageous claim? He's not, nor has ever been, even the best in the MVFC.

Oh yes, this coming from a guy who complained about an OC averaging almost 36-points just a couple years ago because he scored most of it in the 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters? In fact to stop your pending BS, let's go ahead and say he scored nothing in the second half. Who cares when we scored that amount of points? If you cannot win games with that offensive production your team has problems, which are not on offense. God forbid you say something about a defense that could not hold our opponents below that. You still send out the same old crap and you find a few fools that seem to believe you and you are what 2-points ahead in the national polls? Now something with the name Pelini on it and it is Golden. Just like president Tressel is secretly guiding our team back to past greatness. You just crack me up. Then you turn a sports thread into some sort of political rants ...for the 8-millionth time ...as if any of us give a rat's behind about your political or spiritual leanings. Listen Coach Heacock had defenses this good almost every year when he was head coach & we saw the post-season 1-time. All because he tried to hang on to the style of his former boss. Most of the people on this board have no idea who Tressel is outside of the former coach at Ohio State ... and the Pelini's are just former big time coaches on a big redemption tour. Stop hanging on names and look at production. Then hope that WVU is indeed the best offense that we will face in 2016 and my fear are just the rantings of a stupid old fan.

I-AA Fan
October 12th, 2016, 11:45 PM

Again read what you highlighted. Yes Coach Montgomery is one of the top OC's in ALL DI. I said that Pelini as a head coach (because his offensive counterpart at LSU was outstanding) has never had anyone better.

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2016, 12:12 AM
Thumper. You obviously do not understand sarcasm? I said that he is NOT a running QB... and ...IF HE WAS A TRUE RUNNING QB AT HIS SIZE he would be playing at Clemson or one of the old Big East.

Stop worrying about attacking posters and read.

Dude the problem is he can't pass. Has nothing to do with his running. If he could pass it wouldn't have taken till late in the game to pull away from a team that scored 3 points. The same team that Easton Stick lit up in the first half.

penguinpower
October 13th, 2016, 04:18 AM
Dude the problem is he can't pass. Has nothing to do with his running. If he could pass it wouldn't have taken till late in the game to pull away from a team that scored 3 points. The same team that Easton Stick lit up in the first half.

You are correct. He with can't pass or doesn't have it upstairs. He shows flashes in his ability to throw the deep ball, but if it is early in the game he throws high. Those will get picked off as they have against USD and ISUr, RMU, and WVU. Mot sure about his QBR but it cannot be stellar. YSU has to play well enough around him so as to cover up for his play.

I personally think that running an offense like NDSU is the way to go because the running game opens up play action and that helps a QB like the one YSU has make safer throws. YSU has the size, speed and athletes to do it.

ysubigred
October 13th, 2016, 07:40 AM

Sorry he's not a runner either. I hate to talk **** about my own team but I'd love to line up against him in the 40 I'm 52 YO xrotatehx

Anyways, YSU has one of the worst "O" coordinators in football. He can't make any adjustments.

YSU SUCKS!! Should lose this one by 25. xrolleyesx

Daved
October 13th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Sorry he's not a runner either. I hate to talk **** about my own team but I'd love to line up against him in the 40 I'm 52 YO xrotatehx

Anyways, YSU has one of the worst "O" coordinators in football. He can't make any adjustments.

YSU SUCKS!! Should lose this one by 25. xrolleyesxYikes Red--so Farley and YSU suck--should be a closer game than 25 points.

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2016, 09:47 AM
The only way you could lose this game by 25 as if it was 25-0. xlolx

penguinpower
October 13th, 2016, 09:59 AM

YSU SUCKS!! Should lose this one by 25. xrolleyesx

I don't think YSU sucks.

ysubigred
October 13th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Yikes Red--so Farley and YSU suck--should be a closer game than 25 points.

LOL!! Geeezz!! You YSU fans are really bad with sarcasm xrolleyesx

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think YSU sucks.

LOL!! Geeezz!! You YSU fans are really bad with sarcasm xrolleyesx

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking 3-2 in 2 OT's :D

ysubigred
October 13th, 2016, 10:26 AM

Where's the Cap' n Cat (Bill) been lately?

Schism55
October 13th, 2016, 11:04 AM
How about a 12-9 game...first to 4fg's wins! :D

ysubigred
October 13th, 2016, 11:48 AM

That could be a possibility also,, Definitely one of YSU's bright spots this year is our left footed kicker xthumbsupx

ytownchief22
October 13th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Davis is a decent runner, whether you can wrap your head around it or not.

Daved
October 13th, 2016, 09:36 PM
That could be a possibility also,, Definitely one of YSU's bright spots this year is our left footed kicker xthumbsupxIf Bo gets laryngitis the margin of victory might double===15-9.

UNIFanSince1983
October 14th, 2016, 07:07 AM

We would never even make 3 field goals...

ysubigred
October 14th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Davis is a decent runner, whether you can wrap your head around it or not.

One question? Are you related to Davis?

I'll give you decent. I hope he get's his passing skills up to decent. Sorry I still like #6 better.

clenz
October 14th, 2016, 07:41 AM
How about a 12-9 game...first to 4fg's wins! :DHow many attempts do we get?

Penguin Nation
October 14th, 2016, 07:45 AM
Last year we went 5-6/3-5 and had a QB that was -44 yards rushing for the season. This year we are 4-1/2-0 and have a QB that is the MVFC's 8th leading rusher with 299 yards rushing so far. The myth was that #6 could pass better even if he was immobile and contact-averse (even taking knees before reaching the end-zone to avoid contact), but that isn't true either as #12 had a higher passing efficiency last season. Davis is fifth in passing efficiency this season (SDSU is both #s 1 and 2), so not great but not terrible. #12 is not perfect, but he's an upgrade. He should hand off more, but the dude has T Rex sized balls and just wants to win. Concussion? He doesn't care. He's still out there sacrificing himself for the team. We haven't had that at QB for awhile and its refreshing af.

ysubigred
October 14th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Last year we went 5-6/3-5 and had a QB that was -44 yards rushing for the season. This year we are 4-1/2-0 and have a QB that is the MVFC's 8th leading rusher with 299 yards rushing so far. The myth was that #6 could pass better even if he was immobile and contact-averse (even taking knees before reaching the end-zone to avoid contact), but that isn't true either as #12 had a higher passing efficiency last season. Davis is fifth in passing efficiency this season (SDSU is both #s 1 and 2), so not great but not terrible. #12 is not perfect, but he's an upgrade. He should hand off more, but the dude has T Rex sized balls and just wants to win. Concussion? He doesn't care. He's still out there sacrificing himself for the team. We haven't had that at QB for awhile and its refreshing af.

Don't get me wrong. I don't care who is the QB at YSU as long as we are winning. Just have some hard feelings with how #6 was done and can't believe there is no role for him. I just think #12 is not as strong as some of the rose colored glasses gang thinks he is. I hope I'm wrong and he's all that plus xthumbsupx

Penguin Nation
October 14th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Don't get me wrong. I don't care who is the QB at YSU as long as we are winning. Just have some hard feelings with how #6 was done and can't believe there is no role for him. I just think #12 is not as strong as some of the rose colored glasses gang thinks he is. I hope I'm wrong and he's all that plus xthumbsupx

I assumed that #6 is red-shirting this year (maybe due to the shoulder) and will transfer out after this season, and that's why he's disappeared.

ysubigred
October 14th, 2016, 09:03 AM
I assumed that #6 is red-shirting this year (maybe due to the shoulder) and will transfer out after this season, and that's why he's disappeared.

Could be. Nice kid and family xbowx

ysubigred
October 14th, 2016, 09:06 AM
If Bo gets laryngitis the margin of victory might double===15-9.

Even with laryngitis he's still got the hand gestures and eat **** looks LOL!!

PantherRob82
October 14th, 2016, 09:43 AM
It's Friday and there isn't even a game thread on Panther Nation. Ouch.

clenz
October 14th, 2016, 09:46 AM
It's Friday and there isn't even a game thread on Panther Nation. Ouch.
I don't think I've seen a single tweet about the game this week.

Football is dead at UNI.

ysubigred
October 14th, 2016, 09:51 AM
I don't think I've seen a single tweet about the game this week.

Football is dead at UNI.

Welcome to our world xbawlingx

PantherRob82
October 14th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Welcome to our world xbawlingx

At least the Penguins have basketba......never mind. xlolx

clenz
October 14th, 2016, 10:31 AM
I was going to say something similar but didn't. I've seen dozens of basketball related tweets but nothing football this week.

ST_Lawson
October 14th, 2016, 10:46 AM
I was going to say something similar but didn't. I've seen dozens of basketball related tweets but nothing football this week.

Yea, you guys with the good basketball teams have something else to look forward to if football isn't doing well.

Us, on the other hand....well....spring football practice will be here in....um....6 months xbawlingx

ysubigred
October 14th, 2016, 10:50 AM

I'd be hurt by that statement "IF" I didn't already know that for at least 30 years xdrunkyx

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, you guys with the good basketball teams have something else to look forward to if football isn't doing well.

Us, on the other hand....well....spring football practice will be here in....um....6 months xbawlingx

I feel your pain xthumbsupx

Penguin Nation
October 14th, 2016, 11:04 AM
YSU has a basketball team?

ST_Lawson
October 14th, 2016, 11:16 AM
YSU has a basketball team?

Crazy right?

We had a basketball team last year for like 5 games.
Then they were apparently replaced by something with the approximate basketball skills of an overdone bundt cake.

The Yo Show
October 14th, 2016, 03:21 PM

Technically we do have a pretty good basketball team, if you use the gender modifier "women's basketball team" :D

Penguin Nation
October 14th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Technically we do have a pretty good basketball team, if you use the gender modifier "women's basketball team" :D

Did you just assume someone's gender? Take your hate speech and microaggressions and be on your way. :)

For real tho, those ladies can play.

ytownchief22
October 14th, 2016, 09:59 PM
YSU wins a low scoring game. Defense dominates again.

JayJ79
October 14th, 2016, 10:11 PM
We would never even make 3 field goals...

TD, XP, and safety

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 14th, 2016, 10:38 PM
What type of crowd are they expecting tomorrow? I'm hoping YSU can keep things rolling....(sorry Clenz)

I have some free time to do something the weekend of November 12th. I thinking about going to the YSU-SIU if the Pens keep playing well and the Hornets-Cavs game on Sunday.

The Yo Show
October 15th, 2016, 05:51 AM
Expecting a decent side crowd for a night game. Wondering if the Indians playoff game will interfere, but the tailgate lots are sold out or so I'm told.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 07:12 AM
I picked YSU to win but I have a feeling UNI is going to play really well and might pull it off.

ytownchief22
October 15th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Will be a pretty decent crowd. YSU needs this W for a chance at postseason ball.

Daved
October 15th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Expecting a decent side crowd for a night game. Wondering if the Indians playoff game will interfere, but the tailgate lots are sold out or so I'm told.Hopefully we will have a decent crowd due to the good weather--however with the Tribe playoff game and OSU playing many will stay away for that.xrolleyesx

Daved
October 15th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Welcome to our world xbawlingxAgree Red--I checked Panthernation yesterday and started to think that maybe we werent playing them this weekend.

Daved
October 15th, 2016, 03:21 PM
I picked YSU to win but I have a feeling UNI is going to play really well and might pull it off.Always a strong possibility when we play them--in the past we've always found someway to lose this game---hopefully we will buck that trend tonite.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Watching this game. Bailey needs to get rid of the ball. Down field passing game needs to help the running game.

Both defenses are playing well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 06:56 PM
UNI up 3-0 in 2nd quarter

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 07:02 PM
UNI with a pick 6

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 07:05 PM
UNI up 10-0 with 7 minutes left in the half.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 07:07 PM
UNI gets another INT.

YSU's back up QB is in.

Schism55
October 15th, 2016, 07:10 PM
YSU's qb's, holy ****

ytownchief22
October 15th, 2016, 07:18 PM
We are on our 3rd string QB now. RS Freshman. Trouble.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 07:18 PM
UNI up 10-0 at half

Kemo
October 15th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Why isn't the QB that YSU stole from Clemson not playing?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Yikes.....Bailey needs to throw the ball better....:(

3/10 for 44 yards.....that will not get it done.....

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:01 PM
This game is so hard to watch.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:06 PM
YSU squeaking out some 3rd down conversions to keep the drive going....

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:10 PM
This game is so hard to watch.

UNI's defense is playing pretty well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Youngstown goes for it on 4th down and makes it...

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:16 PM
YSU marching....on UNI's 20

End of the 3rd quarter.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:16 PM
UNI's defense is playing pretty well.

Just well enough. Looks like we are about to give up some points. Seems like the get a TD here. We won't make any changes and they'll add another TD for a 14-10 win

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Just well enough. Looks like we are about to give up some points. Seems like the get a TD here. We won't make any changes and they'll add another TD for a 14-10 win

Bailey's play has been really suspect so far. Who is the backup?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Goal line stand for UNI......

- - - Updated - - -

YSU scores.

UNI up 10-7

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Bailey's play has been really suspect so far. Who is the backup?

Eli Dunne who was going to be the starter before Bailey transferred. Guess we'll see what we have with him.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Dunne is in.

PantherRob82
Rough first pass. I would have given him something really easy to start. Almost intercepted on the tip.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:29 PM
YSU's defense looks good also...

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Maybe if we can get our backup OC as well? :D

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Dunne looked OK. Would have liked to see some better play calls. 2-3 isn't a bad start. He made something out of nothing on 3rd down

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:31 PM
UNI's defense had a short break there....looking gassed....

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Ouch...bad off sides by UNI....

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Like I said.....14-10. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:44 PM
That could be a huge stand for UNI....generous spot

- - - Updated - - -

wow...huge INT for UNI

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Two good defenses

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Bailey comes back in and does nothing. 3 and out. Awesome

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Bailey bobbles the ball.....sack for YSU

Bad series for the UNI offense....3 and out

- - - Updated - - -

Huge return for YSU....

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Prediction:

Still going to be 14-10. They bring Dunne back in and call all deep routes and he throws a game sealing INT.

Maybe Bailey instead of Dunne, but same narrative.

Catsfan90
October 15th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Jeeze. This last 5 minutes is 1 giant penalty

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Wow....a lot of flags now....bad penalty to take on the YSU OL

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Geez.....UNI unnecessary roughness call....

Jackal
October 15th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Geez.....UNI unnecessary roughness call....
Horrible call

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:56 PM
We won't even get a chance to counter a TD. Looks like a loss or OT

Edit: I guess we still have a chance to throw a pick.

What's YSU's TOP in the 2nd half?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:56 PM
TD YSU

centennial
October 15th, 2016, 08:58 PM
YSU will take this one. So many unnecessary penalties.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Hold on.....review

YSU still scores

centennial
October 15th, 2016, 09:01 PM
14-7

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 09:03 PM
14-7

14-10 YSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 09:04 PM
28 seconds left.....can UNI go 75 yards and score?

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 09:05 PM
We have 2 timeouts. Let him throw some balls to get in rhythm.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Big catch for UNI

centennial
October 15th, 2016, 09:06 PM
14-10 YSU
My bad.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 09:07 PM
That sack should about do it short of a miracle. Like I said. All deep routes, no outlet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Maybe Dunne would be a better option at QB. He is a lot better passer than Bailey.

centennial
That sack should about do it short of a miracle. Like I said. All deep routes, no outlet.
It's done. Farley needs to go.

ytownchief22
Winner, winner chicken dinner!!! YSU defense is for real folks!!!

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 09:11 PM
How did they run that last second off? It said :01 well after the ball hit the turf. Can't believe they don't even review that.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the win, but don't make any assumptions about your defense based on playing UNI. xlolx

Bisonator
October 15th, 2016, 09:12 PM
How did they run that last second off? It said :01 well after the ball hit the turf. Can't believe they don't even review that.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the win, but don't make any assumptions about your defense based on playing UNI. xlolx
Lol that's what you call a hometown clock operator. xlolx

mmiller_34
October 15th, 2016, 09:12 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the win, but don't make any assumptions about your defense based on playing UNI. xlolxo

I was thinking the same. Thought they should have had one more chance for a Hail Mary.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 09:19 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Farley should keep Dunne in there. Way better passer and that would open up the running game.

UNI's defense is good but needs the offense to help it out by staying on the field for more than 3 plays at a time...:(

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Lol that's what you call a hometown clock operator. xlolx

Maybe they were trying to make up for the Fargodome's clock operator. xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Farley should keep Dunne in there. Way better passer and that would open up the running game.

UNI's defense is good but needs the offense to help it out by staying on the field for more than 3 plays at a time...:(

No ****. ;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Maybe they were trying to make up for the Fargodome's clock operator. xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

No ****. ;)

Can Farley get out of his own way?

xconfusedx

ytownchief22
October 15th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Has nothing to do with hometown clock operator. Refs had the chance to review it and did not. Wouldn't of mattered. UNI offense is pretty bad. Defense hang tough but just on the field too long.

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Fire Mark ****ing Farley

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 09:30 PM

No

UNI is that big of a ****ing **** show

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Farley putting Dunne in for 3 plays in a game like this and then pulling him because he "failed" is a massive chicken **** move. **** him for that. **** everything about his program right now

dewey
October 15th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Fire Mark ****ing Farley

How can UNI continually be so good defensively but so bad at the quarterback position? Amazing.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Farley putting Dunne in for 3 plays in a game like this and then pulling him because he "failed" is a massive chicken **** move. **** him for that. **** everything about his program right now

Maybe he'll keep him in there now. Is he too hard headed to make the change?

Dunne is a lot better passer.

UNI's defense is good but man, any defense is going to be gassed when they are on the field so long.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Has nothing to do with hometown clock operator. Refs had the chance to review it and did not. Wouldn't of mattered. UNI offense is pretty bad. Defense hang tough but just on the field too long.

It totally did. It was a total error. They should have reviewed it. On the last play he threw it to the end zone so one last play might have been enough. xcrazyx

I'm not saying we would have won, but you are either an idiot or an ass if you are going to argue this point. Take your pick.

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 09:38 PM
It totally did. It was a total error. They should have reviewed it. On the last play he threw it to the end zone so one last play might have been enough. xcrazyx

I'm not saying we would have won, but you are either an idiot or an ass if you are going to argue this point. Take your pick.

There is still a second on the clock from a game a few years ago.

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Can Farley get out of his own way?

xconfusedx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyV-asIY5rA

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 09:39 PM
There is still a second on the clock from a game a few years ago.

I forgot about that. xlolx

neverobeyed
October 15th, 2016, 09:47 PM

Agree, agree, AGREE!

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 09:48 PM
UNIs defense gave up just 14 points, scored 7, forced 4 turnovers, allowed just 254 yards of offense all while on the field for over 35 minutes....and UNI still ****ing lost.

I hope there is 15,000 NDSU fans in the unidome in a few weeks.

PantherRob82
Agree, agree, AGREE!

x100

I've never known any coach to think that was a good idea.

So was it:
A: Farley said make the change and second guessed it.
B: Salmon made the change and Farley overruled him
C: David Harris made them do it, Farley knocked him out and put Bailey back in?

neverobeyed
How can UNI continually be so good defensively but so bad at the quarterback position? Amazing.

Dewey

Coaching.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 09:49 PM
UNIs defense gave up just 14 points, scored 7, forced 4 turnovers, allowed just 254 yards of offense all while on the field for over 35 minutes....and UNI still ****ing lost.

unlikely. NDSU had trouble getting the students to take marker tickets. Apathy was high and now NDSU lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Why doesn't Farley use Bailey as a RB and put the 2nd string QB in as the QB?

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 09:50 PM
unlikely. NDSU had trouble getting the students to take marker tickets. Apathy was high and now NDSU lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's ****ing Farley. That's why.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 09:51 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the student tickets sold out in 20 minutes.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 09:54 PM
I thought the student tickets sold out in 20 minutes.

Interesting, I saw them for sale on facebook through NDSU.
What makes you say they were gone in 20 minutes? Maybe they were.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23719&stc=1

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 09:56 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23720&stc=1

Also they posted this 9 hours after the student tickets were available on Monday. It would be pretty weird to advertise them reminding the students to request tickets 8 hours and 30 minutes (because you said they were gone in 20 minutes) after they were no longer available.

ytownchief22
October 15th, 2016, 10:05 PM
No credit to the YSU defense. Sigh.... Both UNI QB's running for their lives all night. Guess we'll see as the year goes on. YSU wins with their 3rd string QB who has been running scout team all year lol.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 10:05 PM
Interesting, I saw them for sale on facebook through NDSU.
What makes you say they were gone in 20 minutes? Maybe they were.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23719&stc=1

My daughter that is an NDSU student said she missed out because she logged on too late. Another kid in town that goes to NDSU was at the wedding I was at today and said the same thing. Maybe a bunch of them didn't show...IDK.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 10:07 PM
No credit to the YSU defense. Sigh.... Both UNI QB's running for their lives all night. Guess we'll see as the year goes on. YSU wins with their 3rd string QB who has been running scout team all year lol.

No one said no credit. We said don't say your defense is "for real" after playing the worst offense in the MVFC.

Both UNI QBs running for their lives? One you know can't pass and the other one was in a situation where he had to. Hats off to you. xlolx

See you after the Penguins collapse like usual? ;)

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 10:08 PM

You clearly haven't watched a second of UNI football of you think that was YSU induced.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 10:08 PM
My daughter that is an NDSU student said she missed out because she logged on too late. Another kid in town that goes to NDSU was at the wedding I was at today and said the same thing. Maybe a bunch of them didn't show...IDK.

Could be.

centennial
October 15th, 2016, 10:10 PM
The fact that Farley uses Bailey is enough for him to get fired. Seriously, talent is comparable to NDSU, defense is as good or better. Offense is a terrible.

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 10:12 PM
The fact that Farley uses Bailey is enough for him to get fired. Seriously, talent is comparable to NDSU, defense is as good or better. Offense is a terrible.

And Carnes and Rennie

Our new AD has no UNI ties. He doesn't have he soft spot for Farley that Dannen did.

Nothing will happen this year but expect Farley to be in a massive hot seat next year

neverobeyed
October 15th, 2016, 10:15 PM

UNI can't afford the payout on Farley's contract ... through 2021, Clenz? Is there an out that won't seriously hurt UNI financially?

ValleyTalk
October 15th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Back to back weeks where YSU's defense has given up 0 TD's and our offense took over in the fourth quarter. We may not have the best team in the league (NDSU and SDSU still the best IMHO), but there is certainly an argument that they have the best defense right now. Huge road test vs a very very good SDSU team next week. Hopefully we get some QB's healthy because you can only rely on that defense so much.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Back to back weeks where YSU's defense has given up 0 TD's and our offense took over in the fourth quarter. We may not have the best team in the league (NDSU and SDSU still the best IMHO), but there is certainly an argument that they have the best defense right now. Huge road test vs a very very good SDSU team next week. Hopefully we get some QB's healthy because you can only rely on that defense so much.

YSU's defense is good for sure. Expect a huge dose of passing next week from SDSU. Weineke and Goedert are beasts plus TC can run the ball. Tough to defend.

clenz
UNI can't afford the payout on Farley's contract ... through 2021, Clenz?

I haven't looked real close at he contract but I'm betting Harris would make it happen if needed.

Harris isn't here to be a lifer. Harris is here to prove he can get **** done and drive programs forward so he can get an SEC job. That's what he wants. He played SEC football. Worked in SEC, B10 and B12 departments. He wants to lead one of them.

Allowing Farley to continue to drive thing program further into the ground because he couldn't find the funds to make a change isn't an option for him.

Twentysix
UNI can't afford the payout on Farley's contract ... through 2021, Clenz?

I was just thinking,"perhaps Farley gets more leeway because UNI is more concerned with paying Jacobson and being good at basketball.Maybe it is too expensive and they don't care enough about football."

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 10:18 PM
I'll hold off on commentary about YSU's defense until next week. We'll see.

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 10:19 PM
I was just thinking,"perhaps Farley gets more leeway because UNI is more concerned with paying Jacobson and being good at basketball.Maybe it is too expensive and they don't care enough about football."

Jakes contract is 100% paid for by donors. Not a single penny of his contract comes from the "basketball budget" though it's figured in the calculation. Much of the assistants pay is also privately funded.

Basketball runs in the black.

Nothing about our basketball program has an impact on football

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Jakes contract is 100% paid for by donors. Not a single penny of his contract comes from the "basketball budget" though it's figured in the calculation. Much of the assistants pay is also privately funded.

Basketball runs in the black.

Nothing about our basketball program has an impact on football

Well,then fire him already.

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2016, 10:35 PM

If the opposing team bring 15,000 fans to Terre Haute there will bw 16000 people in the stadium.

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 10:37 PM
If the opposing team bring 15,000 fans to Terre Haute there will bw 16000 people in the stadium.

There might be 15,100 in the dome....especially if the Cubs are in the World Series. That's game 4 I believe.

Daved
October 15th, 2016, 11:42 PM
Winner, winner chicken dinner!!! YSU defense is for real folks!!!Not according to Crapped in Calif--he claims UNI's D is significantly better!xdrunkyx

Daved
October 15th, 2016, 11:46 PM
I'll hold off on commentary about YSU's defense until next week. We'll see.One thing is for sure they kept us in the game--we probably completed more passes to UNI and in past years wouldve definitely lost--Farley's son was a beast and that pre-season player of the year was a joke.

Daved
October 15th, 2016, 11:51 PM
No credit to the YSU defense. Sigh.... Both UNI QB's running for their lives all night. Guess we'll see as the year goes on. YSU wins with their 3rd string QB who has been running scout team all year lol.No YSU cheated them out of one second---its impossible to beat UNI fair and square!:D

uni88
October 16th, 2016, 01:06 AM
No YSU cheated them out of one second---its impossible to beat UNI fair and square!:D
Lighten up Francis. You won. Ignore the complaints and savor the victory.

Daved
October 16th, 2016, 01:10 AM
Lighten up Francis. You won. Ignore the complaints and savor the victory.Just being sarcastic--usually somebody tries and taints one of our rare wins against u guys by finding every nit-picky thing that they were cheated on while ignoring everything we were cheated on.

The Yo Show
October 16th, 2016, 05:47 AM
Man... I'm glad my team won, but that is a tough loss for UNI. Not sure how YSU goes from here, I think the QB injuries are going to really drag us down...

clenz
October 16th, 2016, 07:07 AM
Not according to Crapped in Calif--he claims UNI's D is significantly better!xdrunkyx

It is.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2016, 07:12 AM
Just being sarcastic--usually somebody tries and taints one of our rare wins against u guys by finding every nit-picky thing that they were cheated on while ignoring everything we were cheated on.

It would be sarcasm if your clock operator didn't run an extra second off the clock. ;)

ytownchief22
October 16th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Lol, UNI defense is not better than YSU sorry. Good luck the rest of the season Panthers!

MR. CHICKEN
October 16th, 2016, 08:40 AM
It would be sarcasm if your clock operator didn't run an extra second off the clock. ;)

.....C'MON ROB.....YA HAD 59:59.......TA PUT 'EM AWAY..............TIME TA......FIRE BRAWK!

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2016, 09:33 AM
.....C'MON ROB.....YA HAD 59:59.......TA PUT 'EM AWAY..............TIME TA......FIRE BRAWK!

I already stated that if you read the thread. ;)

MR. CHICKEN
October 16th, 2016, 09:35 AM
I already stated that if you read the thread. ;)

....DIDN'T READ...DIS WHOLE PILE UH WOE.....GOT WOE...UH MAH OWN.......xsighx.....DOODLE-DOO!

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2016, 09:42 AM
....DIDN'T READ...DIS WHOLE PILE UH WOE.....GOT WOE...UH MAH OWN.......xsighx.....DOODLE-DOO!

Fair enough. :D

Daved
October 16th, 2016, 09:46 AM
.....C'MON ROB.....YA HAD 59:59.......TA PUT 'EM AWAY..............TIME TA......FIRE BRAWK!Years ago we got beat with 0:00 on the clock after they missed a last second fg--refs called a proven BOGUS roughing the kicker call and we ended up losing by 1 pt after the game was over with hts 2nd try--I understand the pain believe me

Daved
October 16th, 2016, 09:54 AM
It is.We both have biased opinions on that and would probably have to ask someone impartial such as USD's Streveler--statistics dont always tell the true story as I know we played 2 much weaker teams ---either way your "significantly better" defense did not get the job done in the 4th qtr against our joke of an offense.Our inferior defense at the moment is the only one out of over 200 plus Division 1 teams that hasn't given up a rushing td yet this year.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2016, 10:01 AM
We both have biased opinions on that and would probably have to ask someone impartial such as USD's Streveler--statistics dont always tell the true story as I know we played 2 much weaker teams ---either way your "significantly better" defense did not get the job done in the 4th qtr against our joke of an offense.

But you also have to take into equation or joke of an offense that ran like 12 plays in the second half. :p

Gil Dobie
October 16th, 2016, 10:02 AM
MVFC is looking pretty balanced this year.

penguinpower
October 16th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Alright guys. The stats tell a great story. UNI was 1-11 on 3rd down and never managed an offensive TD. UNI is loaded with talent, but they need to figure out how to make it work for them on offense. Their philosophy was we are going to run it and you try to stop it, we stopped it, they didn't have an answer. We had the same philosophy and they couldn't stop us. That is a quick analysis of the game. I bet you both sides woke up sore as hell today. That was a physical smash mouth games.

Daved
October 16th, 2016, 10:52 AM
No credit to the YSU defense. Sigh.... Both UNI QB's running for their lives all night. Guess we'll see as the year goes on. YSU wins with their 3rd string QB who has been running scout team all year lol.Haters gonna hate---their D is tough also but we did throw a few passes right to them that I would've caught.

Daved
October 16th, 2016, 10:53 AM
MVFC is looking pretty balanced this year.It sure does---balanced as well as brutal.

neverobeyed
October 16th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Alright guys. The stats tell a great story. UNI was 1-11 on 3rd down and never managed an offensive TD. UNI is loaded with talent, but they need to figure out how to make it work for them on offense. Their philosophy was we are going to run it and you try to stop it, we stopped it, they didn't have an answer. We had the same philosophy and they couldn't stop us. That is a quick analysis of the game. I bet you both sides woke up sore as hell today. That was a physical smash mouth games.

Welcome to UNI football under Farley.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Haters gonna hate---their D is tough also but we did throw a few passes right to them that I would've caught.

You can say you would have caught them, but it doesn't mean you would have. :p

penguinpower
October 16th, 2016, 11:35 AM
This article showed up on my news feed. Probably the best description of the game.

http://globegazette.com/sports/college/youngstown-state-hands-northern-iowa-second-consecutive-loss/article_b67956ea-f212-5b82-a99c-57854800dad5.html

Daved
October 16th, 2016, 12:47 PM
This article showed up on my news feed. Probably the best description of the game.

http://globegazette.com/sports/college/youngstown-state-hands-northern-iowa-second-consecutive-loss/article_b67956ea-f212-5b82-a99c-57854800dad5.htmlGood description--it was our typical dogfight with them where both sides played their hearts out--just a different final outcome.

Daved
October 16th, 2016, 12:49 PM
You can say you would have caught them, but it doesn't mean you would have. :pI do tend to exaggerate my talents.

Daved
October 17th, 2016, 09:10 PM
It would be sarcasm if your clock operator didn't run an extra second off the clock. ;)Tonite on Bo's radio show they said Farley told the officials about that one second and the head official told him the game was over---as a wise man told me years ago--Never leave the outcome of the game in the hands of the officials.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Tonite on Bo's radio show they said Farley told the officials about that one second and the head official told him the game was over---as a wise man told me years ago--(I think his name was Mr.Weiss)--Never leave the outcome of the game in the hands of the officials.

You never should leave the game in the hands of officials. I'm not saying it was the difference in the game. Just bogus that they wouldn't check to make sure it was right.

Daved
October 18th, 2016, 10:32 AM
You never should leave the game in the hands of officials. I'm not saying it was the difference in the game. Just bogus that they wouldn't check to make sure it was right.I agree and someone like Aaron Rodgers would definitely agree.

penguinpower
October 18th, 2016, 10:51 AM
You never should leave the game in the hands of officials. I'm not saying it was the difference in the game. Just bogus that they wouldn't check to make sure it was right.

Interestingly, I listened to a Youngstown radio talk show host who had a field pass and was observing the goal line camera operators and officials He stated that he was listening to the officials in the booth and observed the booth officials tell the field officials that the game was over and there was not one second left in the game. He said Farley wanted a review and the replay booth officials confirmed there was no time left. He said they officials n the booth said no to Farley's request

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Interestingly, I listened to a Youngstown radio talk show host who had a field pass and was observing the goal line camera operators and officials He stated that he was listening to the officials in the booth and observed the booth officials tell the field officials that the game was over and there was not one second left in the game. He said Farley wanted a review and the replay booth officials confirmed there was no time left. He said they officials n the booth said no to Farley's request

That makes sense.

Houndawg
October 18th, 2016, 02:05 PM
I do tend to exaggerate my talents.

Yep. The older I get the better I was...

JayJ79
October 18th, 2016, 05:25 PM
so we're playing soccer now where the official can end the game whenever he or she feels like it?

ValleyTalk
October 18th, 2016, 09:34 PM
That radio host Penguin Power speaks of is on the field in the yellow vest and is the direct line of communication to the replay booth upstairs. He signals to the head officials if a play needs to be reviewed based on his line of communication upstairs. He has some interesting analysis after games on his show about certain calls. He did confirm that the official upstairs said there was no time left.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2016, 10:25 PM
FedEx location makes sense. It's just odd because normally it seems like the official will come on and say after further review there is no time left on the clock the game is over.