PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Conference Week 7 Predictions

SUUTbird
October 10th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Last week in the Big Sky saw the top teams get the wins they were supposed to and a few close finishes amongst the others. For this week I feel there are quite a few intriguing matchups as the middle tier teams of the conference jockey for position, my picks for this week:

Southern Utah @ North Dakota: Both teams have solid defenses when it comes to stopping the run and both teams rely on running the ball. Turnovers and field position will be key in this matchup but I am giving the nod to my T-Birds upsetting the Hawks Homecoming in what I'm seeing as a 17-14 type of game.

Montana State @ Weber State: Montana State is showing just how much Prukop carried this team on offense while Weber State was able to knock off the Vikings at home. Giving the nod to the Wildcats as again I feel this will be a close game and they have shown they can win close games, 3 in a row currently to be exact.

Sac State @ Montana: The Hornets are a better team the MVSU, however this should still be an easy game for Montana giving their backups more experience in another blowout win at home.

Cal Poly @ Portland State: The Vikings return home facing their 3rd opponent in a row who is coming off a BYE Week. Protheroe should be ready to go and I don't see the Vikings stopping the Mustangs offense.

Northern Colorado @ UC-Davis: The Bears traded blows with one of the best teams in the country and are the surprise team in the conference this season. The Aggies wont struggle as badly on offense against the Bears but UNC will get the win as they continue their impressive season.

Idaho State @ NAU: The Lumberjacks were able to hold off a struggling Montana State team to get the 2nd win of the year. Idaho State is coming off a BYE week, going with the Bengals on this one but their running defense MUST improve if they are to have a shot.

nodak651
October 10th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Last week in the Big Sky saw the top teams get the wins they were supposed to and a few close finishes amongst the others. For this week I feel there are quite a few intriguing matchups as the middle tier teams of the conference jockey for position, my picks for this week:

Southern Utah @ North Dakota: Both teams have solid defenses when it comes to stopping the run and both teams rely on running the ball. Turnovers and field position will be key in this matchup but I am giving the nod to my T-Birds upsetting the Hawks Homecoming in what I'm seeing as a 17-14 type of game.

Montana State @ Weber State: Montana State is showing just how much Prukop carried this team on offense while Weber State was able to knock off the Vikings at home. Giving the nod to the Wildcats as again I feel this will be a close game and they have shown they can win close games, 3 in a row currently to be exact.

Sac State @ Montana: The Hornets are a better team the MVSU, however this should still be an easy game for Montana giving their backups more experience in another blowout win at home.

Cal Poly @ Portland State: The Vikings return home facing their 3rd opponent in a row who is coming off a BYE Week. Protheroe should be ready to go and I don't see the Vikings stopping the Mustangs offense.

Northern Colorado @ UC-Davis: The Bears traded blows with one of the best teams in the country and are the surprise team in the conference this season. The Aggies wont struggle as badly on offense against the Bears but UNC will get the win as they continue their impressive season.

Idaho State @ NAU: The Lumberjacks were able to hold off a struggling Montana State team to get the 2nd win of the year. Idaho State is coming off a BYE week, going with the Bengals on this one but their running defense MUST improve if they are to have a shot.

How is your QB this year? This is his first year starting, right?

SUUTbird
October 10th, 2016, 01:01 PM
How is your QB this year? This is his first year starting, right?

Yes, he has started since Week 2 and has now beaten out our intended starter Hill.

wapiti
October 12th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Southern Utah 17 @ North Dakota 28

Montana State 17 @ Weber State 25

Sac State 10 @ Montana 48

Cal Poly 28 @ Portland State 17

Northern Colorado 21 @ UC-Davis 17

Idaho State 17 @ NAU 32

JALMOND
October 12th, 2016, 11:27 AM

Viks face their third opponent that is coming off a bye week, but not in a row. Idaho State was not coming off a bye week when they played PSU.

GetEmGriz
October 12th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Southern Utah @ North Dakota
Montana State @ Weber State
Sac State @ Montana
Cal Poly @ Portland State
Northern Colorado @ UC Davis
Idaho State @ ​NAU

Nodak78
October 12th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Southern Utah @ North Dakota

Montana State @ Weber State

Sac State @ Montana

Cal Poly @ Portland State

Northern Colorado @ UC-Davis

Idaho State @ NAU

mvemjsunpx
October 12th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Cal Poly 42-35 Portland St. — When the two run-heaviest teams play, you gotta go with the better run D

NoCo 38-31 Davis — Both defenses are lousy, but the Bears have the better offense

Montana St. 17-30 Weber — We still don't know how good Weber is, but they're better than Montana State

Idaho St. 21-41 NAU — Case Cookus's services will not be needed this Saturday

Sac State 14-45 Montana — The final calm before the storm…

Suutah 17-30 NoDak — The Fighting Hawks ground the Thunderbirds

JALMOND
October 13th, 2016, 09:06 AM
PSU 35, CP 33---Upset Special. Barnum (and Kuresa) have not lost a conference game at Providence Park.

NAU 21, ISU 7---Jacks sputtering offense should score enough to get this win.

WSU 20, MSU 14---Wildcat defense loves these types of games.

UNC 34, UCD 30---Bears get just enough to squeak by on the road.

UM 38, SAC 10---Grizzlies should have no problem at home.

SUU 24, UND 17---Thunderbirds show they belong in the top reaches of the conference.

F'N Hawks
October 13th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Southern Utah @ North Dakota - 27-19

Montana State @ Weber State - 21-16

Sac State @ Montana - 44-10

Cal Poly @ Portland State - 38-27

Northern Colorado @ UC Davis - 41-38

Idaho State @ ​NAU - 34-17

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2016, 09:49 AM
NORTH DAKOTA
WEBER STATE