PDA

View Full Version : Villanova @ Richmond

Gangtackle11
October 9th, 2016, 11:21 AM
VILLANOVA (5-1; 3-0) @ RICHMOND (5-1; 2-1)
Game time: 3:30
TV: Comcast Sports Network

Villanova leads series 22-11

Last Game: 11/14/2015 @ Villanova:
Villanova 21 Richmond 20

Common Opponents to date:
Towson
@Villanova wins 40-14
@Richmond wins 31-28

Stonewall D
October 9th, 2016, 12:06 PM
This will be a tough game. Villanova plays everyone tough. This could be the year nova wins a national championship. Andy Talley is one of the best coaches in the country. This is Richmonds home coming game and Andy Talleys final season.

Gangtackle11
October 9th, 2016, 12:46 PM
This will be a tough game. Villanova plays everyone tough. This could be the year nova wins a national championship. Andy Talley is one of the best coaches in the country. This is Richmonds home coming game and Andy Talleys final season.

I'm not buying into the niceties. Lol. We will see. We are built differently than most CAA teams in that our best unit is the defense. They aren't overly huge, but they are big enough & very quick.

DE Tanoh Kpassagnon (6'7" 290lbs.) will be collecting checks from an NFL team next season and is a beast! Need him & his defensive pals to play lights out!!

spdram
October 9th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Tough game, UR has won 3 of last 5 and last 4 in Richmond. Hopefully we'll be healthy enough to made a game out of it.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 9th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Like I mentioned on another thread, I am concerned about a physical hangover from the Albany game for the Spiders. 3OT and we had several notable injuries.

The bottom line for us is we need Lauletta to play better.

CHIP72
October 9th, 2016, 07:10 PM
I'll definitely try to catch the end of this game on TV after coming home from the Lehigh/Georgetown game. Hopefully the game is close at that point, or that the Wildcats have the game in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stonewall D
October 9th, 2016, 07:47 PM
The Richmond Spiders are underdogs this weekend. It was foolish of them to schedule Villanova for a homecoming game. UR could very well lose this game. Nova's team would love to spoil the Spider's homecoming. Andy Talley is the best coach in the league; he is the only current CAA coach with a national championship. Nova's QB is showing a lot of poise and promise. Nova's defense has been dominant and Nova is coming off a stellar victory over Rhode Island.

grizband
October 9th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Match up of the last two teams to beat Montana in the national title game...still shaking my head about Villanova in 2009! xsmhx

Should be a great match up, between two top teams from the CAA. Will there be an streaming feed of this game?

KPSUL
October 9th, 2016, 07:51 PM
I'm not buying into the niceties. Lol. We will see. We are built differently than most CAA teams in that our best unit is the defense. They aren't overly huge, but they are big enough & very quick.

DE Tanoh Kpassagnon (6'7" 290lbs.) will be collecting checks from an NFL team next season and is a beast! Need him & his defensive pals to play lights out!!

A surprising number of CAA teams are stronger on defense than offense this season. W&M is frequently stronger on D, but I think you can add Delaware, UNH, Stony Brook, Albany, Maine and Elon to that list this season. Villanova seems better balanced offensively and defensively than almost any other 2016 CAA team.

As far as the game @ University of Richmond, Richmond has been trying to lose the last couple of weeks, Villanova will help them accomplish it at Robins Stadium next Saturday.

Gangtackle11
October 9th, 2016, 07:56 PM
A surprising number of CAA teams are stronger on defense than offense this season. W&M is frequently stronger on D, but I think you can add Delaware, UNH, Stony Brook, Albany, Maine and Elon to that list this season. Villanova seems better balanced offensively and defensively than almost any other 2016 CAA team.

As far as the game @ University of Richmond, Richmond has been trying to lose the last couple of weeks, Villanova will help them accomplish it at Robins Stadium next Saturday.

I meant the would be contenders mostly, but good point as Albany is now in the running & UNH is hanging tough.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2016, 07:59 PM
This is going to be a great game! UR is coming off a tough, physical game but at least they're at home. Villanova has been rolling lately and will be fresh. I tend to lean towards Villanova. Keep making that Lehigh loss look better....:D

32counter
October 9th, 2016, 09:18 PM
The CAA scheduled Nova with back to back lightweights in Elon and URI prior to the contest with UR.That was after UR that just played consecutive weekends against teams that each had a bye week before playing UR.Nice gesture by the CAA management as a gift to Andy in his final year.No excuses but UR playing back-to-back bye teams and Nova playing back-to-back lightweights is a little much.Everyone is pissed in Spiderland and has been since schedule was issued.
Dopes at CAA.A gift to Andy.

jamesmadison
October 9th, 2016, 09:21 PM
The CAA scheduled Nova with back to back lightweights in Elon and URI prior to the contest with UR.That was after UR that just played consecutive weekends against teams that each had a bye week before playing UR.Nice gesture by the CAA management as a gift to Andy in his final year.

To be fair, I doubt the CAA thought that Albany and Towson would have been that problematic for UR this year before playing NOVA. It's not like scheduling JMU to play Maine, Delaware and Richmond coming off of their bye weeks.

Gangtackle11
October 9th, 2016, 09:34 PM
The CAA scheduled Nova with back to back lightweights in Elon and URI prior to the contest with UR.That was after UR that just played consecutive weekends against teams that each had a bye week before playing UR.Nice gesture by the CAA management as a gift to Andy in his final year.

A true conspiracy from the CAA offices located where ????. (Cough, cough, Richmond). We can do better than this. Can't we?

Stonewall D
October 10th, 2016, 07:19 AM
UR's bye week is later in the season, but right before the JMU game.

HailSzczur
October 10th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Can Brandon Harvey suit up again for us?

https://youtu.be/B-KWtwe6yGk

Matt
October 10th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Can Brandon Harvey suit up again for us?

https://youtu.be/B-KWtwe6yGk

ouch. remember this like it was yesterday. We had a chance to win it, too, and Howard missed like a 36-yarder.

SFspidur
October 10th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Spiders have lost their top 2 running backs and the CAA preseason defensive POY for the season...despite a 5-1 record, things are very precarious for the Spiders. I expect a Villanova win, but hopefully our guys can pull together and get it done.

clickclack
October 10th, 2016, 11:30 AM
The CAA scheduled Nova with back to back lightweights in Elon and URI prior to the contest with UR.That was after UR that just played consecutive weekends against teams that each had a bye week before playing UR.Nice gesture by the CAA management as a gift to Andy in his final year.No excuses but UR playing back-to-back bye teams and Nova playing back-to-back lightweights is a little much.Everyone is pissed in Spiderland and has been since schedule was issued.
Dopes at CAA.A gift to Andy.

Albany was picked 11th...

32counter
October 10th, 2016, 11:36 AM
From the mouth of Talley after a tiresome W vs URI:

On the schedule: Yeah I think that this schedule is frankly the easiest one we’ve had in my years here, where we started out and had the chance to take a team with some older guys and blend in some young guys like Aaron and so on into the mix with a positive force. Now you’ve got the confidence to go hit the challenge of your schedule, so we’ll find out what we are down at Richmond, but I think we’re well prepared to go down.

ngineer
October 10th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Haven't seen Richmond, but have 'nova. UR has had some close calls with good teams. SBU is troubling. 'nova's body of work a bit more impressive. Plus, I like the focus on D. To me, that's where championships are won. It should be great game, and with Spiders getting three for home field advantage, I will call this for 'nova in OT. 30-27.

Gangtackle11
October 10th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Line is out: Villanova -1.5 (49.5)

Stonewall D
October 10th, 2016, 09:12 PM
This could be Nova's year.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 10th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Line is out: Villanova -1.5 (49.5)

I think the spread is fair but I see the game being well under that posted total.

CHIP72
October 10th, 2016, 11:55 PM
This is going to be a great game! UR is coming off a tough, physical game but at least they're at home. Villanova has been rolling lately and will be fresh. I tend to lean towards Villanova. Keep making that Lehigh road loss by 5 points look better....:D

Enhanced for greater accuracy.

On a semi-related note, I just booked a trip to visit my brother at Mississippi State at Thanksgiving. The primary reason I'm going, besides obviously seeing my brother, is to attend the Lehigh/Mississippi State basketball game on Friday 11/25. I expect we'll probably attend the Egg Bowl (Mississippi State/Mississippi football game); the Iron Bowl (Auburn/Alabama, which will be played in Tuscaloosa this year, and Tuscaloosa is only about 1 1/2 hours from Starkville/Mississippi State) has obscene secondary market ticket prices that would give me pause for attending a Philadelphia Eagles game (the team at the top of my sports fandom pyramid), much less a college football game between two teams I don't follow. The big negative about visiting at Thanksgiving is at this point I think both Lehigh and Villanova qualify for the FCS/DI-AA playoffs and I'd miss possibly attending (and perhaps watching) their first round playoff games, though Villanova has a good chance at a 1st round bye at this point.

YoUDeeMan
October 11th, 2016, 09:27 AM
This could be Nova's year.

To win the CAA? Maybe. No way nova has even a remote chance to win the chipper.

Richmond isn't as good as people thought, so the CAA is open. nova's D isn't anything earth shattering, and JMU has way more speed than nova can contain. On the other hand, JMU doesn't have any D.

Stonewall D
October 11th, 2016, 02:18 PM
NOVA is confident and is playing very well.

smilo
October 11th, 2016, 02:57 PM
27-13 Nova (Missed PAT on our end of course :P). I would be completely torn apart by a loss this week.

Gangtackle11
October 11th, 2016, 03:44 PM
It will all sort out over the next month. I like this version of the 'Cats. An opportunistic defense & ability to run the ball.

Gangtackle11
October 11th, 2016, 06:14 PM
To win the CAA? Maybe. No way nova has even a remote chance to win the chipper.

Richmond isn't as good as people thought, so the CAA is open. nova's D isn't anything earth shattering, and JMU has way more speed than nova can contain. On the other hand, JMU doesn't have any D.

Just for the record.

Nova ranks 3rd nationally in scoring defense (15.2 ppg) behind Chatty & San Diego. Nova ranks 3rd in total yards defensively behind Chatty & Wofford.

Not bad, but long way to go.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 11th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Just for the record.

Nova ranks 3rd nationally in scoring defense (15.2 ppg) behind Chatty & San Diego. Nova ranks 3rd in total yards defensively behind Chatty & Wofford.

Not bad, but long way to go.

You guys are plenty good, but the schedule - the last 3 weeks in particular - has been a complete joke. Some pretty heavy skew on those numbers after the Laffy, Elon, Rhody stretch.

Stonewall D
October 11th, 2016, 07:21 PM
You guys are plenty good, but the schedule - the last 3 weeks in particular - has been a complete joke. Some pretty heavy skew on those numbers after the Laffy, Elon, Rhody stretch.
Correct. It makes me wonder.

Gangtackle11
October 11th, 2016, 08:01 PM

Like I said it will play out, but Pitt had 81 yards rushing & was in a zip-zip game for most of 1st half until Nova gave Pitt short fields off of punt returns & then the 2nd half ko back for a TD. Pitt isn't bad are they?

Gangtackle11
October 11th, 2016, 08:09 PM
It also could be said for JMU offense too. CCSU & Morehead State arent exactly the '85 Bears. Just saying.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 11th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Like I said it will play out, but Pitt had 81 yards rushing & was in a zip-zip game for most of 1st half until Nova gave Pitt short fields off of punt returns & then the 2nd half ko back for a TD. Pitt isn't bad are they?

Like I said, you are plenty good. Keep it up Saturday and I might "crown your ass". K?

- - - Updated - - -

It also could be said for JMU offense too. CCSU & Morehead State arent exactly the '85 Bears. Just saying.

You're reading ahead. Don't give away my playbook for 3 weeks from now, please.

Gangtackle11
October 11th, 2016, 08:32 PM
Like I said, you are plenty good. Keep it up Saturday and I might "crown your ass". K?

Haha. Richmond is the 1st of 5 tough CAA games for the 'Cats. Nobody is getting crowned anytime soon in the CAA, but I appreciate the thought. xpeacex

SpiderJPO
October 11th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Love how most feel Richmond has little chance to compete with the mighty Cats and Dukes. Here's some news this team has more talent then anyone in the CAA and has played a much tougher schedule than VU or JMU to date. We are banged up but we will show up Saturday and defend our home turf. May the best team win which I say will be the Spiders.

UNHWildcat18
October 11th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Love how most feel Richmond has little chance to compete with the mighty Cats and Dukes. Here's some news this team has more talent then anyone in the CAA and has played a much tougher schedule than VU or JMU to date. We are banged up but we will show up Saturday and defend our home turf. May the best team win which I say will be the Spiders.

Well you definitely have have the best WR core, the defense isn't horrible but not dominant either. Also I know lauletta can have a 380 yard 4 TD game, he's also prone to 220 yard 3 int games. Just depends on what team shows up..

Gangtackle11
October 11th, 2016, 10:03 PM
No doubt it will be a good game. Looking forward to it.

CatsWin
October 11th, 2016, 10:03 PM

For these three games, Andy had the second and third stringers in for most of the second half. Not saying that Richmond will be a walk in the park. Far from it. I expect an very close game. We shall see.

Stonewall D
October 11th, 2016, 10:33 PM
UR'S offense has been difficult to understand. They rack up yards, but don't score. UR'S best WR- Brian Brown has not seen the end zone recently.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 12th, 2016, 04:31 AM
UR'S offense has been difficult to understand. They rack up yards, but don't score. UR'S best WR- Brian Brown has not seen the end zone recently.

Brown scored against Towson 9 days ago and had 2 TD's against Colgate.

Are you a person or a bot?

Gangtackle11
October 12th, 2016, 05:56 AM
The last 2 matchups have been decided by 1 point! (10-9 Spiders in '14 & 21-20 'Cats last season).

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 3rd straight season decided by a measly point.

RootinFerDukes
October 12th, 2016, 09:44 AM

Massey ranks VU's SOS to date as 42nd in FCS while JMU is 49th. That's not an earth shattering difference.

Stonewall D
October 12th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Brown scored against Towson 9 days ago and had 2 TD's against Colgate.

Against Albany, neither Brian Brown, nor any of UR's receivers, scored a touchdown. All TD's against Albany were running TD's. In the Albany game, UR put up 433 total yards, with 249 passing yards with 2 INTs. Richmond dominated Time of Possession 35:52 to Albany's 24:08, yet Richmond had to win in 3OT's. Albany seemed to limit the damage of the passing game. Expect NOVA to follow this blueprint, with a greater emphasis on controlling the run.

RootinFerDukes
October 12th, 2016, 09:47 AM

Not true.

Massey SOS to date:
UR - #40
VU - #42
JMU - #49

Gangtackle11
October 12th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Massey ranks VU's SOS to date as 42nd in FCS while JMU is 49th. That's not an earth shattering difference.

Helping to support my point that if you are suspect of Villanova's defense than the same holds true for those googling over JMU's offense. I think both are legit, but some question at least Nova's defense here.

flyrod
October 12th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Starting this weekend and over the course of the next month I expect we will see some very exciting / nerve racking games between these 3 teams JMU, VU , & UR when they play each other... Talk about playing a conference gauntlet. Each team in their own right is extremely dangerous, It will come down to turnovers and mental preparedness to determine the CAA champ. TBH I dont think the CAA is "down" at all. Each one of these 3 has the ability to make a deep run this year, just gonna be a matter of the draws come playoff time and how early they get to face each other again....
As of this moment The CAA is up for grabs and will be quite interesting to see the results come mid November.

As a JMU fan I am really torn as to who to root for this weekend between UR and VU....
As a football fan the UR and VU game will be an exciting one to watch for sure.
All I know is I'm rooting for JMU to do the task at hand and keep their focus one game at a time...

Nova09
October 12th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Starting this weekend and over the course of the next month I expect we will see some very exciting / nerve racking games between these 3 teams JMU, VU , & UR when they play each other... Talk about playing a conference gauntlet. Each team in their own right is extremely dangerous, It will come down to turnovers and mental preparedness to determine the CAA champ. TBH I dont think the CAA is "down" at all. Each one of these 3 has the ability to make a deep run this year, just gonna be a matter of the draws come playoff time and how early they get to face each other again....
As of this moment The CAA is up for grabs and will be quite interesting to see the results come mid November.

As a JMU fan I am really torn as to who to root for this weekend between UR and VU....
As a football fan the UR and VU game will be an exciting one to watch for sure.
All I know is I'm rooting for JMU to do the task at hand and keep their focus one game at a time...

As long as it doesn't come down to a hail mary in the rain bouncing off a helmet. and teams 1 and 2 beating each other up in the quarters while 3 gets to coast to the championship (well I guess this is fine if nova is the 3)

Stonewall D
October 12th, 2016, 01:27 PM
I am not counting out either William and Mary or Albany at this point.

Gangtackle11
October 12th, 2016, 03:08 PM
I am not counting out either William and Mary or Albany at this point.

I think UNH & Stony Brook are still in the conversation. W&M looks like a long shot to me.

HailSzczur
October 12th, 2016, 05:56 PM
As long as it doesn't come down to a hail mary in the rain bouncing off a helmet.

You forgot to mention "that only happened because for some reason the NCAA hadn't adopted a run off rule for end of game penalties.....

Still bitter

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 12th, 2016, 06:52 PM
I think UNH & Stony Brook are still in the conversation. W&M looks like a long shot to me.

The Tribe could spoil a season or two but they are as dead as a doornail, as relates to the playoffs.

Stonewall D
October 12th, 2016, 06:57 PM
IMO, if the Richmond offense can improve its ground game, dominate up front, in the trenches and avoid injuries. the Spiders have the opportunity to put up points and dominate the time of possession. If the Spider offense can take advantage of weaknesses in the NOVA defense, by using its wide receivers and tight ends to advantage, the Spiders will have a real chance to win this game. If the Spider's secondary, which has suffered major injuries, has a bad day, I would expect NOVA to exploit this weakness and score quickly. Our strength on defense is really up front and with the linebacking corp.

MacThor
October 12th, 2016, 10:12 PM
You forgot to mention "that only happened because for some reason the NCAA hadn't adopted a run off rule for end of game penalties.....

Still bitter

If only you had gotten a second crack at them that year...

MacThor
October 12th, 2016, 10:15 PM
IMO, if the Richmond offense can improve its ground game, dominate up front, in the trenches and avoid injuries. the Spiders have the opportunity to put up points and dominate the time of possession. If the Spider offense can take advantage of weaknesses in the NOVA defense, by using its wide receivers and tight ends to advantage, the Spiders will have a real chance to win this game. If the Spider's secondary, which has suffered major injuries, has a bad day, I would expect NOVA to exploit this weakness and score quickly. Our strength on defense is really up front and with the linebacking corp.

Losing the probable CAA Def POY is a big blow, but I believe our corners are much better this year.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 13th, 2016, 04:44 AM

Which game are you guys referencing?

HailSzczur
October 13th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Which game are you guys referencing?

http://www.espn.com/ncf/recap/_/id/282990222

2nd and 10 at NOVA 38
(0:54 - 4TH) RODNEY LANDERS PASS COMPLETE TO ROCKEED MCCARTER FOR 8 YARDS TO THE VILLA 30, TACKLED BY JOHN DEMPSEY.

3rd and 2 at NOVA 30
(0:00 - 4TH) JMU PENALTY 5 YARD FALSE START ACCEPTED, NO PLAY.

3rd and 7 at NOVA 35
(0:00 - 4TH) RODNEY LANDERS PASS COMPLETE TO BOSCO WILLIAMS FOR 35 YARDS FOR A TOUCHDOWN.

KPSUL
October 13th, 2016, 08:33 AM

Agree on W&M. .With 4 losses overall, and currently 0-3 in the CCA, the Tribe has dug themselves a hole they are not likely to climb out of.

Stonewall D
October 13th, 2016, 09:49 AM
http://www.espn.com/ncf/recap/_/id/282990222

2nd and 10 at NOVA 38

(0:54 - 4TH) RODNEY LANDERS PASS COMPLETE TO ROCKEED MCCARTER FOR 8 YARDS TO THE VILLA 30, TACKLED BY JOHN DEMPSEY.

3rd and 2 at NOVA 30

(0:00 - 4TH) JMU PENALTY 5 YARD FALSE START ACCEPTED, NO PLAY.

3rd and 7 at NOVA 35

(0:00 - 4TH) RODNEY LANDERS PASS COMPLETE TO BOSCO WILLIAMS FOR 35 YARDS FOR A TOUCHDOWN.

October 25, 2008. It cost Nova a shot at the national championship that year. Tough.

Hanca
October 13th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Spiders are in trouble. Jones cannot be replaced in d backfield. Lauletta has potential to give Nova 14 on his own. OC looks lost since UVA and special teams coverage on punts and kos awful since Legg has been coord

Nova09
October 13th, 2016, 10:09 AM

ok we ended up having to go to their place instead of hosting or meeting in chattanooga, and in their place we had a lead with under 2 minutes to play, so I think it's fair to say if not for the nonsense in the rain storm we would have been in a better position to win a championship.

MacThor
October 13th, 2016, 10:35 AM
October 25, 2008. It cost Nova a shot at the national championship that year. Tough.
They could have gone on the road and TCOB like the CAA team on the other half of the bracket did.

You'd think a NCAA championship the very next year would wash away the bitter taste. ;)

MacThor
October 13th, 2016, 10:59 AM
ok we ended up having to go to their place instead of hosting or meeting in chattanooga, and in their place we had a lead with under 2 minutes to play, so I think it's fair to say if not for the nonsense in the rain storm we would have been in a better position to win a championship.
You won it all the very next year.

Ironically, UR's only FCS loss in 2007 was on a last play pass - to last place Towson! - costing a seed and a better shot at a NC. We had to go to Boone. That was Hightower's (and Flacco's) senior year. We got ours the next year, too.

Not that I'm bitter :D

RootinFerDukes
October 13th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Agree on W&M. .With 4 losses overall, and currently 0-3 in the CCA, the Tribe has dug themselves a hole they are not likely to climb out of.

They must win out to just "be in the discussion". One more loss this season and no playoffs is guaranteed.

Matt
October 13th, 2016, 12:14 PM

tangentially related this this: I will never forgive JMU for not getting it done against Montana. What a championship/revenge game that couldve been after the Scotty McGee game..

Gangtackle11
October 13th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Richmond is a dangerous opponent banged up or not. I'm not buying the cat & mouse talk. Hopefully, Coach Talley & his troops don't either. Expecting this game to be decided in 4th quarter.

Stonewall D
October 13th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Richmond desperately needs a bye week. It will be close at the end. This Richmond team has played a lot of games like that recently. I am not sure it gives them the edge.

Matt
October 14th, 2016, 10:13 AM
http://www.spidervoices.com/a-reason-for-everything/ this just got published. Will def give the Spiders some motivation and (maybe) an edge in the game. Yes, i know the game is played on the field.

Gangtackle11
October 14th, 2016, 10:20 AM
http://www.spidervoices.com/a-reason-for-everything/ this just got published. Will def give the Spiders some motivation and (maybe) an edge in the game. Yes, i know the game is played on the field.

Thanks for sharing. Hate to see anyone's college career shortened by injury. Appears to be a great person. NFL need more of them.

KPSUL
October 14th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Amazing phenomena occurring here. The Richmond fan base assuming the persona of their head coach.

RootinFerDukes
October 14th, 2016, 12:41 PM
tangentially related this this: I will never forgive JMU for not getting it done against Montana. What a championship/revenge game that couldve been after the Scotty McGee game..

Montana injured Rodney Landers and then it wasn't much of a contest without him in the game. Dudzik started to rally back but we ran out of time.

Matt
October 14th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Amazing phenomena occurring here. The Richmond fan base assuming the persona of their head coach.

none of us have even mentioned god yet!!

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Montana injured Rodney Landers and then it wasn't much of a contest without him in the game. Dudzik started to rally back but we ran out of time.

was that the game Dudzik got pin wheeled?

Stonewall D
October 14th, 2016, 08:18 PM
was that the game Dudzik got pin wheeled?
Yes, I believe it was and dudzik scored. It was also the game when Landers was in a pile and the Montana player grabbed Landers ankle and rolled like an alligator. It wrecked Landers' ankle and cost JMU the game.

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Yes, I believe it was and dudzik scored. It was also the game when Landers was in a pile and the Montana player grabbed Landers ankle and rolled like an alligator. It wrecked Landers' ankle and cost JMU the game.

Yep but when I called the Montana players dirty for trying to intentionally injure landers in that game, every griz fan on this message board called me a liar.

VUCats02
October 15th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Looks like game can be streamed on Richmond's website for 5 bucks. Welp I think I'm gonna have to do it! As for Bednarczyk, I still haven't seen enough from him to be confident that this will be a deep-run playoff team. The O-line is pretty good, and in Talley's system, as long as you don't turn the ball over, the offense should take care of itself in the run game, but Bednarczyk doesn't give Nova's O the added dimension that Whitney and Robertson gave it.

Matt
October 15th, 2016, 01:50 PM
I haven't been this nervous heading to a game since JMU two years ago. Hopefully it goes, um, better than that did. Go Spiders!

R3TRO
October 15th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Is there a link to watch this one?

Matt
October 15th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Is there a link to watch this one?

We are on tv. Try Vipbox dot tv

Also, 10-0 spiders, 10:57 left in second. We look in control on both sides so far. Lot of game left

Nova09
October 15th, 2016, 03:37 PM
All the talk about which Lauletta would show up and everyone forgot to ask which bednarczk would

seattlespider
October 15th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Referees having a howler of a game. Missed fumbles, and bad spots.

Matt
October 15th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Referees having a howler of a game. Missed fumbles, and bad spots.
Unbelievably bad.

Nova09
October 15th, 2016, 04:22 PM
This is in every way a 2015 nova game

MacThor
October 15th, 2016, 04:32 PM
This is in every way a 2015 nova game
Did they get such one sided officiating last year? :D

Nova09
October 15th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Did they get such one sided officiating last year? :D

I'm sorry, which of the one penalties against your team do you object to?

Matt
October 15th, 2016, 05:05 PM
All of them

VUCats02
October 15th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Both defenses playing amazing today. Nova's D has played just as good as Richmond's in my opinion. Nova's offense and special teams has put its defense in bad situations and to only give up 13 points at this point is pretty impressive. Backup QB just clearly is not ready for this.

MacThor
October 15th, 2016, 05:25 PM
It's more the two botched fumble calls in VU's favor.

Stonewall D
October 15th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Villanova is very good.

Matt
October 15th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Both defenses playing amazing today. Nova's D has played just as good as Richmond's in my opinion. Nova's offense and special teams has put its defense in bad situations and to only give up 13 points at this point is pretty impressive. Backup QB just clearly is not ready for this.

Nova was very good but we did score 23 points..

CatsWin
October 15th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Nova was very good but we did score 23 points..
Most teams would have taken a knee with 10 seconds to go and won 16 to 0.

Not a lot of class shown by Richmond.

MacThor
October 15th, 2016, 05:43 PM

Did we cover the spread?

kdinva
October 15th, 2016, 05:45 PM

Rocco did that at Liberty, too.....

CatsWin
October 15th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Did we cover the spread?
I guess I'm just used to the way that Andy Talley runs his team. He NEVER tries to show up his opposition.

It was still classless.

Matt
October 15th, 2016, 05:53 PM

I don't disagree but you guys were using your timeouts. Why was Talley doing that (honestly asking)

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 15th, 2016, 06:49 PM

Oh good grief. You were down 2 scores and still calling timeouts.

Go find a quarterback that can complete a forward pass, K?

Eight Legger
October 15th, 2016, 06:50 PM
All the respect in the world to Andy Talley and Villanova, but don't give me that weak crap about it being "classless" to score a late TD. Don't like it? STOP US. Come on. And I say the same thing when this happens against my teams. It's just weak to cry about that stuff whether it is happening against you or not. The game is 60 minutes long. Play the whole thing. It was still a two-score game at the end anyway, and besides that, a 23-0 win looks better than a 16-0 win. Maybe that helps us make a better case for getting in the playoffs, or getting a better seed in the playoffs. Who knows.

spdram
October 15th, 2016, 08:02 PM

Many Richmond fans were mildly surprised by that also. But as asked why was VU calling TO's. With the injuries to our RB's I suspect Rocco was working on our goal line running game, give some film to look at. Besides we just ran straight up power football -- no trick or fancy stuff

SpiderJPO
October 15th, 2016, 10:58 PM
The way we dominated that game it easily could have been a 30+ point win. Many forget we have to play for respect every week. We will get it one week at a time.

Gangtackle11
October 15th, 2016, 11:28 PM
Many Richmond fans were mildly surprised by that also. But as asked why was VU calling TO's. With the injuries to our RB's I suspect Rocco was working on our goal line running game, give some film to look at. Besides we just ran straight up power football -- no trick or fancy stuff

Go look at the play-by-play in box score. Richmond called a TO @ 1:49 & Nova called a TO at 1:30. I think Nova staff was upset that they didn't take a knee. That would have been the classy thing to do, but it didn't happen.

That said Richmond was the better team today. I'm not sure about could have won by 30 type comments, but certainly exposed the weak play of our offense today. See you down the road.

Matt
October 16th, 2016, 12:28 AM
Go look at the play-by-play in box score. Richmond called a TO @ 1:49 & Nova called a TO at 1:30. I think Nova staff was upset that they didn't take a knee. That would have been the classy thing to do, but it didn't happen.

That said Richmond was the better team today. I'm not sure about could have won by 30 type comments, but certainly exposed the weak play of our offense today. See you down the road.

You're right about the "could've won by 30" stuff. We won handily, but one big play could've turned the game. This game today was was as close as a three score game can be. I mean that sincerely. Really hope your QB is ok. Hate to see a starter (or anyone) go down like that.

32counter
October 16th, 2016, 06:27 AM
https://youtu.be/08pA4b8yvLM

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 16th, 2016, 06:53 AM
You're right about the "could've won by 30" stuff. We won handily, but one big play could've turned the game. This game today was was as close as a three score game can be. I mean that sincerely. Really hope your QB is ok. Hate to see a starter (or anyone) go down like that.

I'm not saying it would happen every time, nor am I denying that the Cats would probably beat us 2 or 3 rimes out of 10, but we could absolutely have won by 30 yesterday. Their offense was non functional.

Gangtackle11
October 16th, 2016, 08:08 AM
I'm not saying it would happen every time, nor am I denying that the Cats would probably beat us 2 or 3 rimes out of 10, but we could absolutely have won by 30 yesterday. Their offense was non functional.

It was, but the Nova defense is stout enough not to let it happen. Yesterday was the example of that. The last TD was on a short field & unnecessary. History will say 23-0, but it was closer to 16-0 than 30-0. Either way it's a bad loss because our offense has issues against solid opponents.

Terry2889
October 16th, 2016, 08:22 AM
This was a very big surprise to me. I stand corrected about Richmond.

SpiderJPO
October 16th, 2016, 01:21 PM
I guess the Villanova fans don't remember Richmond getting in red zone three times that all resulted in FG'S. There also was another trip where TE fumbled in red zone on a third down reception that was a possible first down. Did no see VU come close to red zone after first half INT in end zone which by the way came after a brutal blown fumble call.

On the note of the last touchdown, glad we ran it in as many want to cite how the Spiders should somehow be more harshly judged by score of loss to Stony Brook. If that is case give us some plus points for shutting down a high powered offense and beating a solid team handily.

Gangtackle11
October 16th, 2016, 04:28 PM
I guess the Villanova fans don't remember Richmond getting in red zone three times that all resulted in FG'S. There also was another trip where TE fumbled in red zone on a third down reception that was a possible first down. Did no see VU come close to red zone after first half INT in end zone which by the way came after a brutal blown fumble call.

On the note of the last touchdown, glad we ran it in as many want to cite how the Spiders should somehow be more harshly judged by score of loss to Stony Brook. If that is case give us some plus points for shutting down a high powered offense and beating a solid team handily.

You were in the red zone & stopped on those occasions. What's your point? You won 23-0 zip. Last TD was questionable by anyone not rooting for the Spiders. You are the better team, but making the case for 30+ wasn't happening on Villanova. You got 3 FGs because they stopped you guys in red zone.

You won the game. Saying you could have put up a huge # is foolish. Good luck the rest of the way.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 16th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Have we gotten to the final word on this drubbing yet or are we still going?

Hanca
October 17th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Nova lack of O was most surprising. Refs were not great but replay official was awful. Thought last TD was lack of class but it is Rocco-like. Spiders still struggle on O, esp in red zone. Have to give UR credit for win with injury situation. Spiders will be vulnerable to a decent passing attack.

Stonewall D
October 17th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Have we gotten to the final word on this drubbing yet or are we still going?
No way. This is still going on. UR might see NOVA again this year, and at the brick house, no less. If that happens, would we see a repeat?

MacThor
October 17th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Let's keep it going.
Talley was holding his last timeout. If UR takes a knee, he could use it and force UR to run a 4th down play/attempt a FG.
IIRC, UR could have gotten a first down without scoring. Proper play in that case would have been fall down once the first down is reached, but it's hard to get a teenage freshman RB to not score if he doesn't get tackled.

ur2k
October 17th, 2016, 09:26 AM
It's freakin football. Nothing to see here, move along.

I didn't even see it, this is what most of us were doing in the parking lot by the time that TD was scored. xdrunkyx

Gangtackle11
October 17th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Good win Spiders. We'll meet again.

StonewallSpider
October 17th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Saturday was my Son's first football game and we were in the tent beyond the north end zone. We waited all game to see a touchdown up close, I like to think Coach scored that one for us.

Gangtackle11
October 17th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Saturday was my Son's first football game and we were in the tent beyond the north end zone. We waited all game to see a touchdown up close, I like to think Coach scored that one for us.

That explains it. Thanks.xeyebrowx