PDA

View Full Version : Pursuits of Perfection

melloware13
October 9th, 2016, 08:28 AM
As we reach about halfway into the season, the list of teams with a 0 in their record has reached a manageable number to track. Obviously, one portion of this list will want to maintain their 0, while the other part will want to eliminate the 0.

First off, the undefeated:
#5 Chattanooga (6-0, 4-0 Southern) [W 52-31 v Mercer; 10/15 @ #7 The Citadel]
#1 North Dakota State (5-0, 2-0 MVFC) [W 27-3 @ Missouri State; 10/15 v #12 South Dakota State]
#4 Sam Houston State (5-0, 4-0 Southland) [W 63-48 @ Incarnate Word; 10/15 v Abilene Christian]
#7 The Citadel (5-0, 3-0 Southern) [W 38-14 @ North Greenville; 10/15 v #5 Chattanooga]
#21 Harvard (4-0, 2-0 Ivy) [W 29-13 v Cornell; 10/15 @ Holy Cross]

And now, the fully defeated:
Bethune-Cookman (0-4, 0-2 MEAC) [Cancelled @ South Carolina State; 10/13 v North Carolina A&T]
Austin Peay (0-5, 0-4 OVC) [L 31-45 @ Tennessee-Martin; 10/15 @ #2 Jacksonville State]
Delaware State (0-5, 0-2 MEAC) [L 17-27 v Hampton; 10/15 v Florida A&M]
Abilene Christian (0-6, 0-4 Southland) [L 10-38 v Lamar; 10/15 @ #4 Sam Houston State]
Furman (0-6, 0-3 Southern) [L 21-28 v Samford; 10/15 @ East Tennessee State]
Mississippi Valley State (0-6, 0-4 SWAC) [L 7-67 @ #8 Montana; 10/15 @ Alabama State]

dgtw
October 9th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Kind of short lists for just being halfway through the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewey
October 9th, 2016, 09:40 AM
I would be surprised to see NDSU go undefeated. The only year in the last 5 years to go undefeated was the 2013 GOAT team and even that team needed a comeback against UNI and Kansas State. With the gauntlet of SDSU, @ Western Illinois, @ Northern Iowa and Youngstown State in the next 4 weeks coming I think they get tripped up in one of those.

I hope I am wrong though :D

Dewey

Catsfan90
October 9th, 2016, 09:41 AM
This is not the company Furman wants to keep.

Milktruck74
October 9th, 2016, 10:12 AM
I would be surprised to see NDSU go undefeated. The only year in the last 5 years to go undefeated was the 2013 GOAT team and even that team needed a comeback against UNI and Kansas State. With the gauntlet of SDSU, @ Western Illinois, @ Northern Iowa and Youngstown State in the next 4 weeks coming I think they get tripped up in one of those.

Dewey

If UNI loses to YSU, and is 3-4 when NDSU shows up.....a good solid football team with "nothing to loses" is a very dangerous scenario. If NDSU remains on the list.....they will have worked VERY HARD to be there.

Daytripper
October 9th, 2016, 11:28 AM
The two hurdles for Sam Houston are Nicholls and Central Arkansas. I hope both SHSU and UCA are undefeated in the Southland going into the final game. That, my friends, will be the AGS GOTW.

Nickels
October 9th, 2016, 12:28 PM
The two hurdles for Sam Houston are Nicholls and Central Arkansas. I hope both SHSU and UCA are undefeated in the Southland going into the final game. That, my friends, will be the AGS GOTW.

No. This is AGS. It will likely be a game between 2 3 loss BCS or MVFC teams.

ElCid
October 9th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Well after Chatty, we also got Wofford, Samford, UNC and even VMI (which is a whole other animal in itself) to deal with...so I'm thinking we will probably not go the distance, but I certainly think it possible.

Schism55
October 9th, 2016, 12:55 PM
LOL Nicholls St.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2016, 01:11 PM

Dewey

The odds are against it but I think this team can do it. The defense is getting better, as in, the secondary. Plank has done a great job filling in for DeLuca and the DL has been great getting pressure with only 4 guys rushing. I think one of the most important players is Tanguay. He eats up 2 blockers on almost every play and makes the LBs job a lot easier. He got tripled teamed many times during the Iowa game. Him and Steidl are a great combination and the rotation keeps them all fresh.

The only game that might be considered a "easier" game in the last 6 is Ind State.

The run game is wearing teams down as usual and Stick's passing has been very good.

The Bison will probably lose a game, maybe two but it will take a great effort by another team IMO.....but I agree with your statement though.

chattanoogamocs
October 9th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Odds of Chattanooga going undefeated are about .1%

But it has been an great run so far...and I hope it continues until the Mocs at least get to Tuscaloosa.

Twentysix
October 10th, 2016, 01:45 AM
Extremely unlikely that NDSU finishes the year undefeated. Though, I bet NDSU is the #1 seed even with a loss.