3 - Samford - Rolling
4 - Wofford - Nice win on the road
5 - VMI - Stringing together a nice season
6 - Mercer - Got slapped
7 - WCU - Good effort, Adams will be only get better
8 - Furman - Still the best winless team in FCS
9 - ETSU - Struggling

Predictions
Chattanooga @ The Citadel (SOCON Game of the Year, so far) - Chattanooga got a great win and they are on a roll on both sides of the ball, but the Dogs are the best offense and defense they have seen so far. I don't think the Mocs will put up the big numbers they have on offense. The Citadel defense has improved over last year after most expected a drop off. One worry is Craine. He is a beast. No, he is a fast beast. And as long as the Dogs look for the trick play on the Mocs' first play of the game, they can at least keep from spotting them 7 right off the bat like they have two years in a row! Last year the Mocs held the Dogs to 291 on the ground. UTC is by far the best D the Dogs have seen or probably will see in the regular season. Which is saying a lot with UNC on the schedule. I don't see us gaining 400, but not sure they can stop us every time. I think we have more speed this year, especially on the edges. And they will have to stop Renew up the middle, over and over again. Special teams are about a wash, but I think they have a better field goal kicker and that might be critical. They got a pretty good punter as well, but our return man is pretty darn good. In addition to the Mocs D, as far as the Bulldogs effectvieness on offense, it will depend, as always, upon whether we drop the ball very much. Right now both teams are at +5 in the turnover column and the Dogs have held the fumble bug in check so far. If we hold onto it and make the adjustments that have made the last couple games so successful, I think it will be a dog fight. With Dominique Allen now back in the groove, our O gets better each game. I think UTC has more momentum right now especially after the Dogs unexpected travels, but it will all depend on how fast the Dogs can get focused again. Or how fast the Mocs can calm down after such a dominating performance. The home field advantage is nice especially since the Parents Day festivities were moved to this week. JHS will be partially back and have about 15K seats and I expect them to all be filled. I also predict that both the Dogs and Mocs will get screwed on a call by the officials. It is definitely a wishful prediction, but I think the Bulldogs channel their emotions well and pull it out - Dogs 24-20

Furman @ ETSU - Can Furman finally win one? Yes and they have some making up to do - 42-10
Western Carolina @ Mercer - Mercer is pissed and they try and make a statement - 35-21
VMI @ Samford - Cobb versus Hodges - Hodges wins 38-24
Wofford - Idle

chattanoogamocs
October 9th, 2016, 12:55 AM
That is some really big font you got going there.

ElCid
October 9th, 2016, 12:59 AM
That is some really big font you got going there.

Sorry, wanted to make sure you could read it. How is that?:D

chattanoogamocs
October 9th, 2016, 01:02 AM
Sorry, wanted to make sure you could read it. How is that?:D

It was nice, I didn't even need my glasses. ;)

chattanoogamocs
October 9th, 2016, 01:05 AM
Defacto SoCon title game. It's going to be a war, no doubt.

ElCid
October 9th, 2016, 01:09 AM
Defacto SoCon title game. It's going to be a war, no doubt.

I would like to think it is the de facto championship game, but whoever wins could stumble later on.:(

elcid96
October 9th, 2016, 03:14 AM
Winner of this game makes a deep run into the playoffs.

catamount man
October 9th, 2016, 06:10 AM
1) UTC - The Citadel
3) Samford
4) Wofford
5) VMI
6) Mercer
7) Furman
8) ETSU
9) WCU

Chatt at The Citadel.......cannot pick a winner. Both teams are just rolling along. Will be a good one no doubt.

Samford over VMI although I do think VMI will hang for a while.

Furman over ETSU but it's not enough to save this coaching staff's jobs. Furman will finish 2-9.

Mercer over WCU and the Bears finally get that elusive win over WCU that they all but guaranteed when they first joined the conference. This year's Catamounts just aren't up to the challenge. Mark Speir, IMO, needs to fire his entire staff and start over but he won't. He brought his OC from App State with him and it was the same coach that the App State fan base was fed up with. Well, add Cullowhee to that list.

Wofford gets a well earned bye before The Citadel come to Spartanburg Oct 22.

sudog03
October 9th, 2016, 07:27 AM
UTC @ Citadel - Won't be as close as some think, UTC is just a notch above the rest of the SoCon. UTC was up 38-3 on an opponent that Citadel needed a fourth quarter comeback to defeat.
Furman @ ETSU - Battle of the cellar dwellers. ETSU has lost its last three conference games by a combined margin of 99-14.
Western Carolina @ Mercer - Seems as though WCU is improving, but won't be enough to beat Mercer on the road.
VMI @ Samford - Game will be close at half, SU will win going away in the 2nd half.
Wofford - Idle

Power Rankings
1. UTC - absolute beatdown of Mercer, game wasn't as close as final score indicated.
2. Citadel - not real sold on them, will know much more after these next two games against UTC/Wofford
3. Samford - QB Devlin Hodges should start getting some serious national player of the year attention
4. Wofford - a much improved Mike Ayers team from last season
5. Mercer - UTC just took their pride
6. VMI - like Wofford, seem to be much improved, next two games @ SU, @ UTC
7. Furman - injuries making the situation go from bad to worse
8. ETSU - how did this team beat WCU?
9. WCU - improving, but not sure they will win more than 1 league game

ElCid
October 9th, 2016, 07:29 AM
UTC @ Citadel - Won't be as close as some think, UTC is just a notch above the rest of the SoCon. UTC was up 38-3 on an opponent that Citadel needed a fourth quarter comeback to defeat.

That's true but we are just a little bit better than in game 1, where we did not even have our starting QB.

sudog03
October 9th, 2016, 07:42 AM
That's true but we are just a little bit better than in game 1, where we did not even have our starting QB.

Dom Allen is a difference maker for sure. My prediction really has more to do with UTC's team than Citadel's. UTC's defense is the best defensive unit I've seen in the SoCon since SU joined the league. Mercer had essentially 6 first half drives yesterday (had one more at the end of the half), of those 6, UTC forced 3 and outs on 5 of the 6. Their offense strikes a really good balance between the run/pass. Solid special teams.

Mocs123
October 9th, 2016, 07:51 AM
I agree that our defense is really good perhaps special and our offense is balanced, but our special teams has looked suspect at times.

We are pretty good on kickoff coverage (#19 Davis is a beast) but I think Brewer is a better punter than Rubieo but he doesn't punt much. We have had one punt and one FG blocked, and we haven't been great on punt or kickoff returns.

A special teams mistake at the wrong time in a critical game could be disastrous.

ElCid
October 9th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Dom Allen is a difference maker for sure. My prediction really has more to do with UTC's team than Citadel's. UTC's defense is the best defensive unit I've seen in the SoCon since SU joined the league. Mercer had essentially 6 first half drives yesterday (had one more at the end of the half), of those 6, UTC forced 3 and outs on 5 of the 6. Their offense strikes a really good balance between the run/pass. Solid special teams.

All good points. The Mocs O is as balanced as I have seen in a while. And their D is ferocious. Mercer had 65 yards in the first half. Wow. But like you said, Allen could give them fits. We were crazy vanilla in the first 2-3 games. Its opened up a lot since then. Its going to be a great game.

ElCid
October 9th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Review of the games this past week.

http://thefcswedge.com/socon/socon-week-6-review-and-power-rankings/

Milktruck74
October 9th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Let's see who I can piss off this week....

UTC @ Citadel - The Mocs front four play in the Dogs backfield all day, forcing the triple option to bounce and bubble and frustration becomes the norm...Mocs 31-17 (BTW...Game of the Week)
Furman @ ETSU - ETSU showed a glimmer against the Mocs last week, but Furple finds some pride and gets this one 21-14
Western Carolina @ Mercer - Game of the Weak. Mercer manages to beat the Refs too....maybe another OT game 31-28
VMI @ Samford - Sammy takes the lead early and maintains it the whole way. 31-14

1. Chattanooga - 2 notches above most of the SoCon
1.5 Citadel - a half notch below the Mocs.
3. Wofford - Ayers has the team settling in nicely and looking to take the 3rd playoff slot.
4. Samford - A solid 4....could snag that 3 spot.
5. Mercer - not as good as their fans think they are....got exposed this week.
6. Vmi - if they could overcome the officiating, they would be above Mercer
7. ETSU - better than most thought they would be at this point....mainly due to the FU collapse.
8. Furple - once proud.....no more. Sad to see a talented team slip like this.
9. WCU - probably shouldn't be here, but they need to find a way to win some games and climb up to where they should be.

SU DOG
October 9th, 2016, 08:18 AM
UTC @ Citadel - Mocs win, and not as close as many predict. These Mocs are a special team.
Furman @ ETSU - Paladins going away.
Western Carolina @ Mercer - My upset pick is Western. They played Wofford closer than the score really shows, and their QB continues to get better - just a hunch.
VMI @ Samford - Bulldogs win, but probably not as easy as we would like.

UTC
The Citadel
Samford
Wofford
Western
Mercer
VMI
Furman
ETSU

kdinva
October 9th, 2016, 09:07 AM
1 - UTC
2 - The CItadel
3 - Samford
4 - Wofford
t5 - VMI
t5 - Mercer
7 - WCU
8 - Furman
9 - ETSU

UTC 28, Citadel 24
Samford 34, VMI 24
Furman 31; ETSU 20
Mercer 28; WCU 24

chattanoogamocs
October 9th, 2016, 12:49 PM
I am really excited for the game on Saturday.

Two top 10, undefeated teams...I am not sure Chattanooga has ever played in a game that big this far into the season (last time the Mocs started off 6-0 was before I was born, I am no spring chicken)

It's going to be a battle.

ElCid
October 9th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I am really excited for the game on Saturday.

Two top 10, undefeated teams...I am not sure Chattanooga has ever played in a game that big this far into the season (last time the Mocs started off 6-0 was before I was born, I am no spring chicken)

It's going to be a battle.

Well, the last time my Bulldogs started 5-0 was 1992. In that year the 6th game was also Chattanooga.........we won 33-13. I like it.:D

moc n tn1991
October 9th, 2016, 01:29 PM
UTC was tough that year. I think they ended up a powerful 2 - 9.

chattanoogamocs
October 9th, 2016, 01:36 PM
UTC was tough that year. I think they ended up a powerful 2 - 9.

I don't have access to research right now...1992, I am pretty sure that was Buddy Nix last season where the Mocs started the season by going out to Idaho and soundly beating Boise State, returned back to Tennessee to beat Martin, was top ranked in the top 10...and then didn't win another game the rest of the season (and that was the beginning of the Mocs wandering through the desert for 20+ years)

moc n tn1991
October 9th, 2016, 01:39 PM
That was the year. We started out with the huge win over Boise State.

chattanoogamocs
October 9th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Came back and lost to then DII Central Arkansas and the wheels fell off. :(

ElCid
October 9th, 2016, 02:16 PM
I don't have access to research right now...1992, I am pretty sure that was Buddy Nix last season where the Mocs started the season by going out to Idaho and soundly beating Boise State, returned back to Tennessee to beat Martin, was top ranked in the top 10...and then didn't win another game the rest of the season (and that was the beginning of the Mocs wandering through the desert for 20+ years)

You are correct!

Came back and lost to then DII Central Arkansas and the wheels fell off. :(

You are correct again!

But I have my research tools. Good memory.

longtimemocfan
October 9th, 2016, 02:39 PM
That season concluded with a total collapse at VMI that finished Buddy off. Blowing a 31-8 lead. VMI won in o.t. 37-34.

kdinva
October 9th, 2016, 05:03 PM
That season concluded with a total collapse at VMI that finished Buddy off. Blowing a 31-8 lead. VMI won in o.t. 37-34.

....and that was during their Wishbone years.......I was there and VMI had like 220 yards PASSING in the 4th quarter; and held UTC to one first down....

Milktruck74
October 9th, 2016, 07:15 PM
....and that was during their Wishbone years.......I was there and VMI had like 220 yards PASSING in the 4th quarter; and held UTC to one first down....

No Fair, you aren't allowed to throw out of the wishbone!!! I'm sure it is against the rules!!!

elcid96
October 10th, 2016, 05:17 AM
I'm predicting at least 2 pics during the game. After the second one, Chat falls apart and the Citadel wins by 14. We have some very talented defensive players this year and UTC is going to feel very frustrated.

walliver
October 10th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Power rankings:
1) Chattanooga - they haven't given me a reason to move them down yet.
2) The Citadel - They could move up this weekend
3) Samford - still in the playoff hunt
4) Wofford - still in playoff hunt
3 and 4 could easily be flipped. 5-8 are a toss-up
5) Western Carolina - ETSU loss was a fluke, otherwise have played as I suspected. QB and RB need better line play.
6) Mercer - lots of seniors on the team, but most of them are PFL-level players.
7) VMI - lost to Mercer, beat ETSU. I don't have a good feel for this team yet.
8) ETSU - likely to finish 1-7 in conference
9) Furman - most likely a middle-of-the-pack SoCon team, but they need to win to move up.

This week:
Chatty at the Citadel - Bullpups are finally getting up to speed, but choo-choos are on a roll. Citadel could win a close one, but I go with the train-driving mockingbirds 28-14.
Furman at ETSU - The mountain pirates beat KSU who beat FU, but that won't count for much. Hannon doesn't want to finish his career 0-11 and the horsey people finally get a win 31-6
WCU at Mercer - The cants have two playmakers, but the cubbies have more experience. Mercer wins 24-20
VMI at Samford - VMI will put up big numbers, but the Bama pups put up bigger numbers and Sammy wins 42-38
Wofford at BYE - The Terriers overcome penalities to pull out a win.

Playoffs:
Chatty and the Citadel win the auto-bid if they win out.
Wofford could win conference title, and most tiebreakers by winning out.
Sammy needs help for autobid, but at-large safe if they win out.

Everybody else would need a lot of help. Furman players are already making plans for Thanksgiving at grandmas

ElCid
October 10th, 2016, 10:15 AM
I'm predicting at least 2 pics during the game. After the second one, Chat falls apart and the Citadel wins by 14. We have some very talented defensive players this year and UTC is going to feel very frustrated.

Sure hope you are right. I hope the recent events do not distract the Dogs. Getting a 7th road game for the year was not timely. Not sure Chatty will "fall apart" though. I think it will be a hard fought game from start to finish. Thankfully we have a team that has finished games very well this year, on both sides of the ball.

OL FU
October 10th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Chatty at the Citadel -
Furman at ETSU - Our two starting linebackers will be back which hopefully will get the defense back to where they might can win a game for us.
WCU at Mercer -
VMI at Samford -

Longest Football Season everxembarrassedx

Catamount87
October 10th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Rankings:
1. UTC - Still king of the SoCon hill
2. Citadel - getting it done
3. Samford - defense holding their own
4. Wofford - much improved over 2015
5. Mercer - still a middle of the pack SoCon team, capable of beating anyone or losing to anyone
6. VMI - defense has improved which moves them up the rankings
7. ETSU - the bloom is wilting on this flower
8. WCU - new defensive coaches and scheme have mucked it up in a bad, bad way
9. Furman - winless = last place, when does the Fowler watch begin?

Predictions:
UTC @ Citadel - unofficial SoCon championship game, UTC is just a bit better
Furman @ ETSU - who will suck the least wins
Western Carolina @ Mercer - Mercer takes it to a confused Catamount defense
VMI @ Samford - unofficial 2016 SoCon offensive highlight reel game

SU DOG
October 10th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Rankings:
1. UTC - Still king of the SoCon hill
2. Citadel - getting it done
3. Samford - defense holding their own
4. Wofford - much improved over 2015
5. Mercer - still a middle of the pack SoCon team, capable of beating anyone or losing to anyone
6. VMI - defense has improved which moves them up the rankings
7. ETSU - the bloom is wilting on this flower
8. WCU - new defensive coaches and scheme have mucked it up in a bad, bad way
9. Furman - winless = last place, when does the Fowler watch begin?

Predictions:
UTC @ Citadel - unofficial SoCon championship game, UTC is just a bit better
Furman @ ETSU - who will suck the least wins
Western Carolina @ Mercer - Mercer takes it to a confused Catamount defense
VMI @ Samford - unofficial 2016 SoCon offensive highlight reel game

Hard to believe that some many Cats fans are throwing in the towel already. Lots of games left. I think that Fred Payne and Tyson Dickson are 2 of the best defensive players in the SoCon. Tyrie Adams seems to be improving on his overall game management, and definitely better than early on. Some very athletic players on this squad. I thought the Catamounts played pretty well against a TOUGH and physical Wofford team. Maybe I'm missing something here, but no team should sleep on WCU IMO. Just sayin.

ElCid
October 10th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Hard to believe that some many Cats fans are throwing in the towel already. Lots of games left. I think that Fred Payne and Tyson Dickson are 2 of the best defensive players in the SoCon. Tyrie Adams seems to be improving on his overall game management, and definitely better than early on. Some very athletic players on this squad. I thought the Catamounts played pretty well against a TOUGH and physical Wofford team. Maybe I'm missing something here, but no team should sleep on WCU IMO. Just sayin.

I think they are on the right path. Adams is good, just inexperienced. They just haven't got it together very well or been consistent yet. The next couple years will be interesting as he gets better and better. Their D has a new coach and not sure they are all on the same page yet.

Smitty
October 10th, 2016, 01:55 PM

I would be surprised if we win another game this year to be honest. I'm just praying that we are able to keep it within 70 at the UTC game...

eiu1999
October 10th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Let the wifey pick these.

UTC @ Citadel
Furman @ ETSU
Western Carolina @ Mercer
VMI @ Samford

Milktruck74
October 10th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Let the wifey pick these.

UTC @ Citadel
Furman @ ETSU
VMI @ Samford

She has a good shot at going 1-3 this week.

Scrappy94
October 10th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Rankings:

1. Chattanooga
2. The Citadel
3. Samford
4. Wofford
5. Mercer
6. VMI
7. Western Carolina
8. ETSU
9. Furman

Predictions:

Chattanooga @ The Citadel - Not as close as most think it will be. 34-17
Furman @ ETSU - 28-14
Western Carolina @ Mercer - 35-31
VMI @ Samford - 42-21

ElCid
October 10th, 2016, 09:09 PM
She has a good shot at going 1-3 this week.

Yeah, you are right, I think VMI can pull off the upset. Good call!

ElCid
October 10th, 2016, 11:21 PM
Week 7 SOCON preview up on the Wedge.

http://thefcswedge.com/socon/socon-week-7-preview/

Week seven in the Southern Conference has some great matchups. First, two top ten teams will go at it as The Citadel hosts Chattanooga. There will also be an aerial showcase as two of the most talented passers in FCS will be going at it as VMI travels to Samford. Both Mercer and Western Carolina will try and get back to winning ways as they meet in Macon, and Furman will see if it can find a win at ETSU. Wofford is idle....read more.

chattanoogamocs
October 11th, 2016, 12:00 AM
I like history, I hope The Citadel repeats it... In top 10 match-ups at Johnson Hagood, The Citadel is 0-2 and has lost by an average of 23 ppg.

The two previous Top 10 matchups in Citadel history both occurred at Johnson Hagood Stadium in 1992, when a No. 2 Citadel team lost to No. 3 Marshall by 34-13 in the regular season; and a No. 1 Citadel team fell to No. 6 Youngstown State, 42-17, in the FCS playoffs.

http://www.postandcourier.com/20161010/161019954/citadel-primed-for-rare-top-10-matchup-with-chattanooga

Catamount87
October 11th, 2016, 07:19 AM

I think they are on the right path. Adams is good, just inexperienced. They just haven't got it together very well or been consistent yet. The next couple years will be interesting as he gets better and better. Their D has a new coach and not sure they are all on the same page yet.

Oh yes, Adams is going to be a player to watch the next four years. Even though he has limited experience he's played very well. We loved Mitchell and Adams is even better especially when you look at them at similar experience levels. Personally, I think his decision making is better than Mitchell's was at the same experience level not to mention Adams has a better, more accurate arm. Defensively, we did play decently against Wofford. It was a 5 point game late until they ran out of gas. But in the eyes of many fans, there is plenty of talent there led by Payne, Dickson and Riddle (who's injured) and with that they expect similar results from the last two years. We did have big losses on the DL but many believe had we not have a wholesale change in defensive staff and system we'd have been just fine.

Unfortunately, because of the defensive issues the offense appears to be trying to do too much to compensate. That is something that never goes well. We saw that 3 years ago in 2013 with Mitchell and our offense. The defense was coming around but really didn't until late that season. Hopefully, the defense (coaches and players) can get it together at a bit faster pace especially some solid run defense.

That all said, I think we'll be fine in the long run but we have some serious growing pains going on right now.

ElCid
October 11th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Oh yes, Adams is going to be a player to watch the next four years. Even though he has limited experience he's played very well. We loved Mitchell and Adams is even better especially when you look at them at similar experience levels. Personally, I think his decision making is better than Mitchell's was at the same experience level not to mention Adams has a better, more accurate arm. Defensively, we did play decently against Wofford. It was a 5 point game late until they ran out of gas. But in the eyes of many fans, there is plenty of talent there led by Payne, Dickson and Riddle (who's injured) and with that they expect similar results from the last two years. We did have big losses on the DL but many believe had we not have a wholesale change in defensive staff and system we'd have been just fine.

Unfortunately, because of the defensive issues the offense appears to be trying to do too much to compensate. That is something that never goes well. We saw that 3 years ago in 2013 with Mitchell and our offense. The defense was coming around but really didn't until late that season. Hopefully, the defense (coaches and players) can get it together at a bit faster pace especially some solid run defense.

That all said, I think we'll be fine in the long run but we have some serious growing pains going on right now.

I really though you were going to stop Wofford on that last drive. At least until that reverse. Adams has a great arm.

ElCid
October 11th, 2016, 07:43 AM
I like history, I hope The Citadel repeats it... In top 10 match-ups at Johnson Hagood, The Citadel is 0-2 and has lost by an average of 23 ppg.

The two previous Top 10 matchups in Citadel history both occurred at Johnson Hagood Stadium in 1992, when a No. 2 Citadel team lost to No. 3 Marshall by 34-13 in the regular season; and a No. 1 Citadel team fell to No. 6 Youngstown State, 42-17, in the FCS playoffs.

http://www.postandcourier.com/20161010/161019954/citadel-primed-for-rare-top-10-matchup-with-chattanooga

Ouch, don't remind me. For more history, that Marshall game set an attendance record for JHS of 23,025. I think the boys just kicked back at the wrong time in 92. Marshall (I hate them still) came with game though. With a good chunk of the Stadium closed right now, we will not eclipse it Saturday, but we should be at capacity. We should be at 15K.

The Cats
October 11th, 2016, 07:56 AM
UTC @ Citadel
Furman @ ETSU
VMI @ Samford

ChattaHatta
October 11th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Ouch, don't remind me. For more history, that Marshall game set an attendance record for JHS of 23,025. I think the boys just kicked back at the wrong time in 92. Marshall (I hate them still) came with game though. With a good chunk of the Stadium closed right now, we will not eclipse it Saturday, but we should be at capacity. We should be at 15K.

That's awesome. Last time I was at JHS, I think the attendance was around 8000 (few years ago), but it didn't feel like there were 8k there. Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing a hyped Citadel environment, should be fun.

ElCid
October 11th, 2016, 08:06 AM
That's awesome. Last time I was at JHS, I think the attendance was around 8000 (few years ago), but it didn't feel like there were 8k there. Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing a hyped Citadel environment, should be fun.

There are a lot of people in the club boxes and Altman center at the endzone. Can't really see them but they are there. A few years ago? Maybe 08? Now that was a great game in the rain! Nothing like winning it late on a punt return by a future NFL receiver!

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Just looking at the standings, pretty legitimate race for the bottom with VMI, Furman, Mercer, ETSU, and WCU all still having to play a lot of games against one another.

FUBeAR
October 11th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Just looking at the standings, pretty legitimate race for the bottom with VMI, Furman, Mercer, ETSU, and WCU all still having to play a lot of games against one another.

Maybe - I just don't look at it that way. Maybe, despite recent outcomes for 'my team(s),' I'm just a glass half-full guy...VMI, with only 1 Conference loss is 'racing to the bottom'??? - that doesn't seem 'fair' to the Keydets. They haven't played Chatt or El Cid yet. They could beat both and still win the SoCon outright, for goodness sake.

Sammy, Woffy, and VMI only have 1 SoCon loss
Mercer only has 2.
Sammy & Mercer's 3 combined losses are to the Top 2 (currently) Teams

Chatt still has to play El Cid (in ChuckTown), Woffy, and VMI (who skeered them a little last year), and WCU (in the 'Whee)
El Cid still has to play Chatt, Woffy (in SparkleCity), Sammy, and VMI (in LexVegas)
....1 of these 2 will join Woffy (off this week) and Sammy OR VMI in the 1 loss level after this week

Sammy still has to play VMI, WCU, El Cid (in ChuckTown), and Mercer
Woffy still has to play El Cid, Mercer, Furman (in G'Vegas), Chatt (in Nooga), and VMI
VMI still has to play Sammy (in Homewood), Chatt (in Nooga), Furman, Western (in the 'Whee), El Cid, and Woffy (in S'Burg)

If 2-loss Mercer can beat WCU this week and VMI can upset Sammy, there could be BIG crowd racing for 2nd place, particularly if Chatt holds serve and beats El Cid.

3 loss FU, WCU, and ETSU all have a shot to race to the middle or even Top 1/3 with the loser of the FU/ETSU game this week being the only Team that is destined to finish near the bottom of the standings.

I think there's A LOT of SoCon Football still to be played and maybe a few surprises along the way...

Millwoch
October 11th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Don't forget its parent weekend and there is a lot going on before the game. recommend 11 am Parade on the parade deck then several hours of tailgating before the 3 pm kick. (schedule below)

http://www.citadel.edu/root/parents-day-weekend-2016/saturday

SU DOG
October 11th, 2016, 09:38 AM
If FUBeAR had adopted the Commodores, he would have stats and a clear cut way that Vanderbilt could not only win the SEC, but also the National Championship. xlolx

walliver
October 11th, 2016, 09:42 AM
If FUBeAR had adopted the Commodores, he would have stats and a clear cut way that Vanderbilt could not only win the SEC, but also the National Championship. xlolx

Unfortunately, the only clear way for Vanderbilt to win the national championship is for the rest of FBS to be declared academically ineligible.

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Maybe - I just don't look at it that way. Maybe, despite recent outcomes for 'my team(s),' I'm just a glass half-full guy...VMI, with only 1 Conference loss is 'racing to the bottom'??? - that doesn't seem 'fair' to the Keydets. They haven't played Chatt or El Cid yet. They could beat both and still win the SoCon outright, for goodness sake.

Mercer only has 2.

Chatt still has to play El Cid (in ChuckTown), Woffy, and VMI (who skeered them a little last year), and WCU (in the 'Whee)
El Cid still has to play Chatt, Woffy (in SparkleCity), Sammy, and VMI (in LexVegas)
....1 of these 2 will join Woffy (off this week) and Sammy OR VMI in the 1 loss level after this week

Woffy still has to play El Cid, Mercer, Furman (in G'Vegas), Chatt (in Nooga), and VMI
VMI still has to play Sammy (in Homewood), Chatt (in Nooga), Furman, Western (in the 'Whee), El Cid, and Woffy (in S'Burg)

If 2-loss Mercer can beat WCU this week and VMI can upset Sammy, there could be BIG crowd racing for 2nd place, particularly if Chatt holds serve and beats El Cid.

3 loss FU, WCU, and ETSU all have a shot to race to the middle or even Top 1/3 with the loser of the FU/ETSU game this week being the only Team that is destined to finish near the bottom of the standings.

I think there's A LOT of SoCon Football still to be played and maybe a few surprises along the way...

Of course anything can happen.

At this stage, I am looking at this like a four team race for three playoff spots. UTC and Citadel are in unless they just completely implode. Samford and Wofford will probably be the other team. Less certain Wofford belongs in the conversation as they have benefited from a pretty light schedule to this point and lost their only tough SoCon game.

Mercer could sneak in there, but you know as well as I do that one more loss and they are probably done. SoCon teams not named Georgia Southern aren't often invited to the post season with 3 conference losses.

Just from the eye test, I do think Mercer, Furman, and Wofford will play for slots 4, 5, and 6. WCU, VMI, and ETSU will fill out 7, 8, 9. Furman is the only team that has played UTC, Citadel, and Samford, so I would expect their schedule will get easier from here on out.

Again, just my opinion.

BearDownMU
October 11th, 2016, 10:24 AM

And that's why we heart him.

FUBeAR
October 11th, 2016, 10:34 AM

What you don't know (but may be able to piece together) is that I was a BIG fan of Vandy Football from 2002 - 2010. Attended several of their games, participated in summer football camp & took an unofficial visit there as a parent of a prospect. You may have mentioned them because today is the anniversary of the day in 2008 when they last held their highest AP ranking (#13) since 1948. They were 5-0 before losing by a FG to MissState and then 2 more close games before being blown out by eventual FBS Champ, Florida. If they had been able to win those close games over MissState, Georgia, and Duke...they might've cut the Gators and been well on their way to that Natty you mentioned.

Besides all that...THESE Commodores were absolutely at #1 for 2 weeks in the glorious summer of 1978...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4dl6JSf-bc

SU DOG
October 11th, 2016, 10:54 AM
This may be off topic, but since there has been so much conjecture about how this season could play out I want to bring up a point that might have been overlooked. However THE game goes this weekend, The Citadel has to go to Wofford the next Saturday. This could pose a real threat to The Citadel. Win or lose, the psychology for the week after would seemingly be more than a little challenging. Mike Ayers will have 2 weeks to prepare, and that guy knows some football. Wofford is a really good team, IMO, so anybody playing them better strap it on tight. Their O-line is a force! I'm not predicting anything that far out, just a thought that crossed my mind that I find interesting.

Toby
October 11th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Four SoCon teams in Massey Composite top twenty:

UTC 2
Citadel 7
Samford 12
Wofford 19
Mercer 33
VMI 47
WCU 70
Furman 79
ETSU 80

SoCon still ranked the #2 conference in FCS.

chattanoogamocs
October 11th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Four SoCon teams in Massey Composite top twenty:

UTC 2
Citadel 7
Samford 12
Wofford 19
Mercer 33
VMI 47
WCU 70
Furman 79
ETSU 80

SoCon still ranked the #2 conference in FCS.

Amazing what happens when the SoCon goes 9-1 against FCS teams in the OOC (even if the competition wasn't always stellar...just win baby). :)

Toby
October 11th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Amazing what happens when the SoCon goes 9-1 against FCS teams in the OOC (even if the competition wasn't always stellar...just win baby). :)

Yeah, I'm not sure why some are rolling over and saying the SoCon will just get 2 or 3 in the playoffs. Maybe we've been shafted too many times by the committee and the long time posters are legitimately skeptical, but I think we should all be pushing for four at this point.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 11th, 2016, 03:33 PM
I was 4-1 last week. I doubted VMI would do that well. Here's where I have at after this past weekend (wins needed to reach magic number to get in playoffs against number of D1 games remaining in parenthesis):

1) Chattanooga (2 out of 5) - Avenged last year's loss in convincing fashion
2) The Citadel (3 out of 6) - Won big on the road
3) Samford (4 out of 6) - Took care of business against Furman
4) Wofford (4 out of 5) - Had a hard fought win vs. WCU
5) Mercer (5 out of 6) - Got hit by the last train from Chattanooga
6) VMI (4 out of 6) - Won three of their last four
7) ETSU (OUT) - Saw their second streak against their conference opponent snapped in as many games
8) Western Carolina (6 out of 6) - had nothing to be ashamed of against Wofford
9) Furman (OUT) - It's a matter of time before Fowler gets axed a question.

Predictions
Furman @ ETSU - Bucs pick up their second conference win
Chattanooga @ The Citadel (Game of the Week) - Mocs win in quite possibly their toughest challenge to date.
VMI @ Samford - Bulldogs stop the Keydets' momentum
Western Carolina @ Mercer - Bears take out their frustration on the Catamounts

ElCid
October 11th, 2016, 03:33 PM

Mercer only has 2.

In other words, we may end up beating the crap out of each other before it is all over. Tie breakers are a be-atch.

ElCid
October 11th, 2016, 03:37 PM
This may be off topic, but since there has been so much conjecture about how this season could play out I want to bring up a point that might have been overlooked. However THE game goes this weekend, The Citadel has to go to Wofford the next Saturday. This could pose a real threat to The Citadel. Win or lose, the psychology for the week after would seemingly be more than a little challenging. Mike Ayers will have 2 weeks to prepare, and that guy knows some football. Wofford is a really good team, IMO, so anybody playing them better strap it on tight. Their O-line is a force! I'm not predicting anything that far out, just a thought that crossed my mind that I find interesting.

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. Them and Samford give me chills. But one other thing is, at least recently, we have actually played them better in Sparkle City than at home. Go figure.

CID1990
October 11th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why some are rolling over and saying the SoCon will just get 2 or 3 in the playoffs. Maybe we've been shafted too many times by the committee and the long time posters are legitimately skeptical, but I think we should all be pushing for four at this point.

The SoCon will get 2 teams in

The CAA will get 4

It is the way of things in the FCS

you can take that to the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearDownMU
October 11th, 2016, 03:53 PM
If Chatt and Citadel don't muck up the rest of their year after whichever one loses this weekend and some other team gets to 8 wins, we'll get 3 in the playoffs.

You can take that to the credit union (banks are a rip off)

CID1990
October 11th, 2016, 04:07 PM
If Chatt and Citadel don't muck up the rest of their year after whichever one loses this weekend and some other team gets to 8 wins, we'll get 3 in the playoffs.

Nope

The reason the SoCon gets two in is because the league has viewed the conference as a two horse race only- since ASU and GSU left. When they were in, the conference was black and blue and everybody had losses, sometimes to teams in the middle or lower part of the standings. That is what gave the appearance that there was parity in the top 4-5 teams.

Now the conference is Chatty and whoever comes in second. And you had better hope that El Cid beats Chatty because that sets up the only scenario where any team not named Wofford or Samford has a prayer at getting in

The CAA is viewed today the way the SoCon used to be viewed and that along with their size is why they get at least 4 in. That will happen again this year and at the expense of the SoCon

ElCid
October 11th, 2016, 04:09 PM
It theoretically could end up at UTC 9-2, with Cid 8-3, Sammy 8-3, and Wofford 8-3. That would be interesting and a cluster. Someone would get woofed especially if it was round robin loses.

Mocs123
October 11th, 2016, 04:18 PM
I think we get 3 in this year assuming we don't beat each other up. I don't think the committee would leave a 8 D1 win team out in the cold, a 7 D1 win team would be on the bubble and likely depend on how many other 7 win teams and their resumes.

The best argument for a bubble team would be Samford with a quality win over UCA.

CID1990
October 11th, 2016, 04:28 PM
It theoretically could end up at UTC 9-2, with Cid 8-3, Sammy 8-3, and Wofford 8-3. That would be interesting and a cluster. Someone would get woofed especially if it was round robin loses.

That would be two teams that get Woffed.

Cmon guys we've been to this rodeo before. Every year since the departure of ASU and GSU there have been homers speculating that we might get more than 2 teams in. And then we get 2 teams in. The size of the CAA along with lasting perceptions about conference strength guarantee that the CAA will by default land more teams in the playoffs at the expense of the SoCon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FUBeAR
October 11th, 2016, 05:07 PM
I think we get 3 in this year assuming we don't beat each other up. I don't think the committee would leave a 8 D1 win team out in the cold, a 7 D1 win team would be on the bubble and likely depend on how many other 7 win teams and their resumes.

The best argument for a bubble team would be Samford with a quality win over UCA.

SOUTHERN Conference gets 4 in this year or we secede from this Union of tyranny known as the FCS and form the Championship Subdivision of America (CSA), dammit!
I think El Cid and CID1990 know how to put that sort of thing together. I believe it's taught in their Bellhopping Knob Experience Workshop.

Certainly the Big SOUTH will join us (after they ostracize Monmouth, naturally). If we're smart the SOUTHland Conference will then follow suit and at least 5 teams from the Ohio Valley Conference will want to shed that name and will ride along as well. We need to be careful in opening up membership to some of those CAA Teams though. Elon is a carpetbagger and JMU is just a tad close to Washington DC to be real honest. Richmond is, of course, welcome and Bill & Mary can jump on board too. What the heck, let's take Jacksonville, Stetson, Campbell, and Davidson from the PFL too. Now....I'm thinking, with some VERY tactful conversations, we can bring the MEAC and the SWAC into the fold as well. Perhaps, there are a few more in KY and MO that will also want to join.

Sound like a good plan?

ElCid
October 11th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Public Service Announcement:

To all the Mercer bubba as well an anyone else. Do me a favor and try and bury the hatchet in regard to recent unpleasantness regarding the GotW here and please go vote for the SOCON game this week for the AGS GotW, if you already haven't. If you have, thanks. We can't let some crayola marker game beat us out.

moc n tn1991
October 11th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Here are my picks for the week.

Furman over ETSU, 28 - 7.
Hopefully Furman doesn't self destruct this week.

Samford over VMI, 38-20.
Samford is building a case to be the 3rd SOCON team in the playoffs.

Chattanooga over The Citadel in a hard fought game, 27-21.
This may be the first game that Chattanooga has had to stay focused for 4 qtrs.

Mercer over WCU, 35-17.
Mercer rebounds from their loss to Chattanooga.

Power Rankings:
1. Chattanooga
2. The Citadel
3. Samford
4. Wofford
5. Mercer
6. VMI
7. Furman
8. ETSU
9. WCU

OL FU
October 11th, 2016, 06:49 PM
SOUTHERN Conference gets 4 in this year or we secede from this Union of tyranny known as the FCS and form the Championship Subdivision of America (CSA), dammit!
I think El Cid and CID1990 know how to put that sort of thing together. I believe it's taught in their Bellhopping Knob Experience Workshop.

Certainly the Big SOUTH will join us (after they ostracize Monmouth, naturally). If we're smart the SOUTHland Conference will then follow suit and at least 5 teams from the Ohio Valley Conference will want to shed that name and will ride along as well. We need to be careful in opening up membership to some of those CAA Teams though. Elon is a carpetbagger and JMU is just a tad close to Washington DC to be real honest. Richmond is, of course, welcome and Bill & Mary can jump on board too. What the heck, let's take Jacksonville, Stetson, Campbell, and Davidson from the PFL too. Now....I'm thinking, with some VERY tactful conversations, we can bring the MEAC and the SWAC into the fold as well. Perhaps, there are a few more in KY and MO that will also want to join.

Sound like a good plan?
i read the first two sentences and was wondering if citdog hacked your user idxnodx

Milktruck74
October 11th, 2016, 07:10 PM

To all the Mercer bubba as well an anyone else. Do me a favor and try and bury the hatchet in regard to recent unpleasantness regarding the GotW here and please go vote for the SOCON game this week for the AGS GotW, if you already haven't. If you have, thanks. We can't let some crayola marker game beat us out.

So we are all voting for the Western/Mercer Game right? ha...sorry I couldn't resist.

Right now the Chattanooga @ Citadel is leading by 2 votes.

Mocs123
October 11th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Picks:
Chattanooga - 28
The Citadel - 24- Game of the Week - This will be a hard fought slugfest, but I think the Mocs are able to go down to the low country and get a win against an excellent Citadel team.

Furman - 17
ETSU - 7 - Game of the Weak - ETSU’s offense has scored 14 points the last 3 weeks and Furmans defense is pretty good. As long as the Paladin offense and special teams can keep from giving the game away, I think Furman goes into their bye week on a positive note.

Western Carolina - 20
Mercer - 27 - Western is a talented team - and I could see them exploding to beat the Bears, but Mercer is talented too, and not only are they playing at home, they are pissed off Bears.

VMI - 28
Samford - 38 - We will see 600+ yards of passing in this game but ultimately the Bulldogs have more talent than the Keydets and Samford has their eye on a playoff spot.

Rankings :
1.) Chattanooga - Soundly beat a pretty good Mercer Team
2.) The Citadel - Put away a pesky North Greenville team
3.) Samford - The Bulldogs is rolling and looking like a playoff contender
4.) Wofford - The ankle biters disposed of a talented Western team
5.) Mercer - The Bears are on the fringe of a playoff spot. Need to win 5 out of their next 6.
6.) VMI - The Keydets are a much improved team. They could knock off anyone.
7.) Western Carolina - Very talented team, but the defense keeps letting them down.
8.) ETSU - Better than everyone thought, but may have hit the wall a little bit
9. Furman - I never thought I would rank Furman last in the SoCon, but at 0-6, I am not sure where else to put them. They should move up a spot or two after this week.

Playoff Picture:
8 wins pretty much guarantees you a spot in the playoff field, and with 7 D1 wins you “should” be in, but no guarantees. I seriously doubt a 6 win SoCon team gets in this year.
Possible D1 wins (excluding $ games)
Chattanooga - 9
The Citadel - 9
VMI - 9
Samford - 8
Wofford - 8
Mercer - 8
Western Carolina - 6 - Eliminated
ETSU - 6 - Eliminated
Furman - 5 - Eliminated

Milktruck74
October 11th, 2016, 07:18 PM

Sound like a good plan?

FuBear, I know it's been a rough week....but put the pipe down dude!!!! I see SoCon pulling 3 slots. It looks like the MVFC is beating itself up in the middle and will have a victim or two when the bubble pops. I don't know who the 3rd team will be (I don't even know who will be 1 & 2)....But they need to send an Edible Arrangement to the Football office in at the Citadel to say thanks. The Committee expects the Autobid from the SoCon to show up, they did not expect the Citadel to perform like they did last year. I think their performance EARNED the SoCon some respect back....We all know we have been down since we kicked out Georgia State-Statesboro and App, but last year said....Hey, you better notice we are back!!!! and 9-1 OOC vs FCS, regardless of who they are, is solid!!!! We get 3 this year.....build on 3 and maybe we see 4 in the future.

BearDownMU
October 11th, 2016, 08:05 PM

Shut up

BearDownMU
October 11th, 2016, 08:08 PM

Just kidding. I voted. Now SoCon is up 3 votes.

But still shut up.

FUBeAR
October 11th, 2016, 08:40 PM
I see SoCon pulling 3 slots. I don't know who the 3rd team will be (I don't even know who will be 1 & 2)....But they need to send an Edible Arrangement to the Football office in at the Citadel to say thanks. The Committee expects the Autobid from the SoCon to show up, they did not expect the Citadel to perform like they did last year. I think their performance EARNED the SoCon some respect back...last year said....Hey, you better notice we are back!!!! and 9-1 OOC vs FCS, regardless of who they are, is solid!!!! We get 3 this year.....build on 3 and maybe we see 4 in the future.

Yes, you are abundantly accurate in your assessment that the boys manning the battery hard by the confluence of the Cooper and the Ashley have led the way for the SOUTHERN Conference having its honor restored. Such leadership has been bred into them for generations. But their uprising has now spread this season to the upper reaches of the Sandlapper state, into the mountains of the Tar Heel State and to those of the Old Dominion. The good people of the Peach State and on into Alabama have also joined the fray to break the tackles, I mean shackles, of tyranny that have been placed upon the Teams of the SOUTHERN Conference by the Teams from the North, the Midwest, and even the Frontiers of the Far West.

As was the case in a prior such uprising, the people of Eastern Tennessee (the state/region; not, necessarily, the University) are reluctant to take up the cause. Not to fear, that area will, almost certainly, be represented THIS season and the more rebellious faithful will fight to ensure that 3 other of your SOUTHERN Conference brethren also are feted with their rightful destiny. In subsequent seasons, you recalcitrant natives of the lower Appalachians may well receive the great benefit of the victories won in the battles that are being waged this very day. Then, you will be grateful for the valor of your neighbors and those same neighbors will graciously welcome you as if you were on the front lines from the day the battle was enjoined.

FUBeAR
October 11th, 2016, 08:47 PM

I would, but I'm boycotting voting this week because Cumberland @ Reinhardt was not nominated. Another travesty has been foisted upon us!

BTW - "crayola marker game"??? It's been a tough week for me (so I've heard)...not getting that...l'il help?

Milktruck74
October 11th, 2016, 09:47 PM
Yes, you are abundantly accurate in your assessment that the boys manning the battery hard by the confluence of the Cooper and the Ashley have led the way for the SOUTHERN Conference having its honor restored. Such leadership has been bred into them for generations. But their uprising has now spread this season to the upper reaches of the Sandlapper state, into the mountains of the Tar Heel State and to those of the Old Dominion. The good people of the Peach State and on into Alabama have also joined the fray to break the tackles, I mean shackles, of tyranny that have been placed upon the Teams of the SOUTHERN Conference by the Teams from the North, the Midwest, and even the Frontiers of the Far West.

As was the case in a prior such uprising, the people of Eastern Tennessee (the state/region; not, necessarily, the University) are reluctant to take up the cause. Not to fear, that area will, almost certainly, be represented THIS season and the more rebellious faithful will fight to ensure that 3 other of your SOUTHERN Conference brethren also are feted with their rightful destiny. In subsequent seasons, you recalcitrant natives of the lower Appalachians may well receive the great benefit of the victories won in the battles that are being waged this very day. Then, you will be grateful for the valor of your neighbors and those same neighbors will graciously welcome you as if you were on the front lines from the day the battle was enjoined.

Are you changing your name to FuBearDog?

FUBeAR
October 11th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Are you changing your name to FuBearDog?

Will that help ensure 4 Teams from the SoCon, preferably (but not necessarily) including Mercer and/or Furman, make the Playoffs? If so, I'm ALL IN!

walliver
October 12th, 2016, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure how The Citadel has created a new Southern uprising.
I know that many on this board try to look at playoff selections as a mathematic exercise, but I have always seen the process to be more political. From 1997-2012, only 4 teams won championships. No "co-champion" was excluded from the playoffs, even when there were only 16 spots. For reference, there were a total of 11 teams participating at some time during that 16 year period. During the first half of that period, ASU, GSU and FU would usually make the playoffs if eligible, toward the last half, Wofford replaced FU and GSU hired Van Gorder.
By 2013, Chatty and Sammy were added. Chatty got screwed, and I suspect it was because of their poor performance years prior. Even worse, Sammy's horrible performance in the first round added to a sense that the SoCon with ASU and GSU was not a strong conference. 2013 was a strange year, and I don't know if the SoCon deserved 3 spots, but Chatty deserved to be in.
The last two years, teams have played themselves out of contention or scheduled themselves out of contention. There were way too many OOC losses the last two years.

There is much more parity in the conference now, and as a result, we don't have 3-4 "name" teams which expect a bid every year.

reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southern_Conference_football_champions

PaladinFan
October 12th, 2016, 09:50 AM
I know that many on this board try to look at playoff selections as a mathematic exercise, but I have always seen the process to be more political. From 1997-2012, only 4 teams won championships. No "co-champion" was excluded from the playoffs, even when there were only 16 spots. For reference, there were a total of 11 teams participating at some time during that 16 year period. During the first half of that period, ASU, GSU and FU would usually make the playoffs if eligible, toward the last half, Wofford replaced FU and GSU hired Van Gorder.
By 2013, Chatty and Sammy were added. Chatty got screwed, and I suspect it was because of their poor performance years prior. Even worse, Sammy's horrible performance in the first round added to a sense that the SoCon with ASU and GSU was not a strong conference. 2013 was a strange year, and I don't know if the SoCon deserved 3 spots, but Chatty deserved to be in.
The last two years, teams have played themselves out of contention or scheduled themselves out of contention. There were way too many OOC losses the last two years.

There is much more parity in the conference now, and as a result, we don't have 3-4 "name" teams which expect a bid every year.

reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southern_Conference_football_champions

2013 was an outlier.

Three 6-2 teams. Furman was 7-5, but had the autobid through tie breaker. They had to be in, though they were probably the weakest of the three. Samford and UTC had identical 8-4 (6-2) records, and it would have been hard to put a UTC team in ahead of Samford, who they lost to head to head.

I can see the argument for putting in 3 teams, but if you only select two, UTC had to be the odd man out.

FUBeAR
October 12th, 2016, 10:00 AM

This is supposed to start @ 0:20, but I guess AGS doesn't support that functionality...oh well...you get it, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI&t=0m20s

SU DOG
October 12th, 2016, 10:20 AM

Very good points. YES, Samford was terrible,xembarrassedx but few people know how many injuries that team had sustained in the latter part of the season. We literally limped into the Playoff, and were pitted against a very good team. I feel that things are beginning to turn somewhat for the SoCon, however. If we are truly the #2 conference, then we do deserve more than 2 participants. What the SoCon schools need to do is schedule more quality OOC teams. Some of the lower rated teams from the OVC and Big South just don't help the cause much. I have always wondered why not some CAA teams also? Seems to me the proximity geographically would not be a problem. I wish we(Samford) played JSU, but due to some off the field issues in the past that probably won't happen. Glad that UTC is playing them. The Mocs have are doing their part, Samford beat a good UCA team this year, Furman did play Coastal, but overall, the SoCon needs to step it up a notch and play better OOC teams.

citdog
October 12th, 2016, 11:11 AM

SoCon Nationalism is alive and well!

http://vfwnc.org/files/2011/11/southern-conference1.png

CitadelGrad
October 12th, 2016, 11:49 AM
UTC @ The Citadel -- The Citadel has not put together a complete game this year. Nooga is on a roll.
Furman @ ETSU -- Furman can't really be the worst team in the SoCon, can they?
Western Carolina @ Mercer -- Western just doesn't look like they even want to be on the field anymore.
VMI @ Samford -- This could be the SoCon Week 7 upset special, but it won't be. The Knuckleheads of the Shenandoah will return to LexVegas with their kangaroo tails between their kangaroo legs.

Milktruck74
October 12th, 2016, 12:29 PM
If you look at last weeks predictions vs this weeks, it would have appeared that the Mocs were an underdog to Mercer, and this week we are going to blow out the Citadel.....Interesting. I do expect a Mocs win, but it'll be a close struggle

chattanoogamocs
October 12th, 2016, 12:38 PM
If you look at last weeks predictions vs this weeks, it would have appeared that the Mocs were an underdog to Mercer, and this week we are going to blow out the Citadel.....Interesting. I do expect a Mocs win, but it'll be a close struggle

And don't forget Samford fans. Many of their fans were sure it was going to be a blowout in their favor a couple of weeks ago.

I swear, every time another fans base or team starts to get cocky, UTC seems to have a great game. (WCU QB telling Davis Tull in warmups that UTC was overrated has to go down as the worst decision ever made by a QB...cough, 51-0).

The Citadel is smart, sand bag and play the underdog (even at home)...it's a TRAP!

BearDownMU
October 12th, 2016, 12:43 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23704&stc=1

chattanoogamocs
October 12th, 2016, 12:46 PM

Exactly. :)

SU DOG
October 12th, 2016, 01:28 PM
And don't forget Samford fans. Many of their fans were sure it was going to be a blowout in their favor a couple of weeks ago.

I swear, every time another fans base or team starts to get cocky, UTC seems to have a great game. (WCU QB telling Davis Tull in warmups that UTC was overrated has to go down as the worst decision ever made by a QB...cough, 51-0).

The Citadel is smart, sand bag and play the underdog (even at home)...it's a TRAP!

Glad that Samford fans are excited about their team. Shouldn't any fan base be loyal and supportive? I seem to remember Mocs fans predicting big things before their last game against JSU also.

SU DOG
October 12th, 2016, 02:05 PM
I took the trouble to go back and check our prediction thread, and it isn't exactly a blowout scenario. We had 14 posters who picked that game. Two of the 14 picked UTC by 2 TDs. There were only 2 of those remaining 12 who picked anything like a blowout. One at 16 and the other at 21 points. I picked us by 10xembarrassedx, but at that time UTC had not shown the domination this team is actually capable of, and I'm now admittedly a believer. I do think also that this game pointed out some things to our staff. Some changes were made, and I truly believe we improved after this game.

CID1990
October 12th, 2016, 04:41 PM

We generally don't talk much crap even when we're favored, and our kids are usually too disciplined to do it in that way.

FUBeAR
October 12th, 2016, 06:01 PM
If you look at last weeks predictions vs this weeks, it would have appeared that the Mocs were an underdog to Mercer...

Last week...

17 Posters predicted the Mercer @ Chatt game last week.
13 of 17 picked Chatt with a rounded average margin of victory = 17 points
3 Mercer Fans picked Mercer with a rounded average margin of victory = 2 points, (2, apparently, very cocky points)
1 Non-Mercer Fan picked Mercer with a margin of victory of 3 points

So...94% of the Non-Mercer Fans picked Chatt to win by 3 scores...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c0/57/da/c057da18cfbe46db6b8a6854c35eb2bf.jpg

Ummmm, No.
#notanunderdog

moc n tn1991
October 12th, 2016, 06:44 PM
How did you know Underdog is my hero?

ElCid
October 12th, 2016, 06:49 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c0/57/da/c057da18cfbe46db6b8a6854c35eb2bf.jpg

Here to save the DAY!

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2016, 10:08 AM
THE CITADEL
FURMAN
MERCER
SAMFORD

CID1990
October 13th, 2016, 10:38 AM
THE CITADEL
FURMAN
MERCER
SAMFORD

Given your pick in the WCU - El Cid game I'd say you've given us the kiss of death.

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Given your pick in the WCU - El Cid game I'd say you've given us the kiss of death.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23710&stc=1..........HEY.....AH HAD..........RICHMOND OVERAH ALBANY......BRAWK!

chattanoogamocs
October 13th, 2016, 11:14 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23710&stc=1

Looks like a Mockingbird and a Bulldog to me.

Milktruck74
October 13th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Last week...

17 Posters predicted the Mercer @ Chatt game last week.
13 of 17 picked Chatt with a rounded average margin of victory = 17 points
3 Mercer Fans picked Mercer with a rounded average margin of victory = 2 points, (2, apparently, very cocky points)
1 Non-Mercer Fan picked Mercer with a margin of victory of 3 points

So...94% of the Non-Mercer Fans picked Chatt to win by 3 scores...

Ummmm, No.
#notanunderdog

Now Now, lets don't let the facts cloud things up. ha.. I guess you 4 were very vocal....It's OK, Samford did the same before you....so much so, I started to question myself.

ElCid
October 13th, 2016, 06:27 PM

We generally don't talk much crap even when we're favored, and our kids are usually too disciplined to do it in that way.

Hehehe......our evil plot is working.

PaladinFan
October 13th, 2016, 09:49 PM

You're talking about the Citadel, right?

CID1990
October 13th, 2016, 10:35 PM
You're talking about the Citadel, right?

You pogues don't count.

Mocs123
October 14th, 2016, 07:16 AM
The Citadel is always tough and disciplined. I am excited for but anxious about this weekend. This should be each teams biggest test until the playoffs.

ElCid
October 14th, 2016, 09:49 AM
The Citadel is always tough and disciplined. I am excited for but anxious about this weekend. This should be each teams biggest test until the playoffs.

Kind of like a first date, huh?

One factoid I guess I just did not register until I heard it on The Citadel GrayLine Broadcast....

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_147645598582713&key=ccc2217bc2b75c4bdf5f7e57267f0464&libId=iu9vxcqx010009xy000DAf1rzps&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fdogfan1987.websitetoolbox.com%2Fp ost%2Fcitadel-grayline-beat-writers-jeff-hartsell-and-gene-henley-on-utccit-duel-8273565&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Ftraffic.libsyn.com%2Fcitadel%2FCG _101216.mp3&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fdogfan1987.websitetoolbox.com%2F% 3Fforum%3D70669%26full_version%3D1&title=Citadel%20GrayLine%20--%20Beat%20writers%20Jeff%20Hartsell%20and%20Gene%2 0Henley%20on%20UTC-CIT%20duel%20-%20The%20Citadel%20Independent%20Sports%20Network&txt=Citadel%20GrayLine%20broadcast

....was that this is only the second home game for my Dogs in TEN games! Beginning with the Mocs game last year. I guess since I have been to so many games since then I did not piece it together in my mind. Talk about a road stretch.

SU DOG
October 14th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Kind of like a first date, huh?

One factoid I guess I just did not register until I heard it on The Citadel GrayLine Broadcast....

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_147645598582713&key=ccc2217bc2b75c4bdf5f7e57267f0464&libId=iu9vxcqx010009xy000DAf1rzps&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fdogfan1987.websitetoolbox.com%2Fp ost%2Fcitadel-grayline-beat-writers-jeff-hartsell-and-gene-henley-on-utccit-duel-8273565&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Ftraffic.libsyn.com%2Fcitadel%2FCG _101216.mp3&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fdogfan1987.websitetoolbox.com%2F% 3Fforum%3D70669%26full_version%3D1&title=Citadel%20GrayLine%20--%20Beat%20writers%20Jeff%20Hartsell%20and%20Gene%2 0Henley%20on%20UTC-CIT%20duel%20-%20The%20Citadel%20Independent%20Sports%20Network&txt=Citadel%20GrayLine%20broadcast

....was that this is only the second home game for my Dogs in TEN games! Beginning with the Mocs game last year. I guess since I have been to so many games since then I did not piece it together in my mind. Talk about a road stretch.

Three great things about that link: The music, Jeff, and Gene. Wish every team in the SoCon was fortunate enough to have outstanding beat writers like those 2 guys.

longtimemocfan
October 14th, 2016, 11:12 AM
I just hope a loss from this game doesn't prevent either team from getting a bye in the playoffs. Right now this is the highest ranked matchup between conference foes in the FCS to date 3 vs 9. Richmond and James Madison 6 and 7 still have to play as well. The Citadel still has to play a good Samford team later on. Still a lot to shake out yet. Luckily The SoCon ranks number 2 among conferences right now. That should help not only seeding , but assuring a 3rd team in the playoffs from The SoCon.

Furman @ ETSU - Paladins win first game of the year. 24-14.
Chattanooga @ The Citadel - Huesman teams have always played well in Charleston. Mocs 27-20.
VMI @ Samford- Battle of 2 good QB's. Samford 38-24.
WCU @ Mercer- Bears finally get a win against Catamounts 31-17.

moc n tn1991
October 14th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Right now it feels like the calm before the storm.

FUBeAR
October 15th, 2016, 01:38 AM
Well...I've avoided this as long as I can...

Last Week...Head 3 vs. Heart 2
* MY PICK: Samford at Furman - 45-0 / ACTUAL: Bullpups won 38-21 - So, I only missed the score by an absolute value of 62 points. That's pretty close, right?
* MY PICK: ETSU at VMI - 38-17 / ACTUAL: Keydets won 37-7 - Using my BRAIN seems to produce better results
* MY PICK: Mercer at Chattanooga - 17-14 / ACTUAL: Mocs won 52-31 - Hey, Mercer's Offensive production far exceeded my expectations. #MaulEm
* MY PICK: North Greenville at The Citadel - 42-35 / ACTUAL: Bellhops won 38-14 - Brain engaged...Crusaders let me down a bit in their scoring after starting fast
* MY PICK: Wofford at Western Carolina - 28-24 / ACTUAL: PorchYappers won 31-19 - Not quite as close as I expected, but I do think the Cats gained some confidence back...dangit!

22-12 - .647 for the season - Damn you, Heart!

This Week...
* Furman at East Tennessee State - 12:00 PM - Paladins win this one 31 - 10 - Pretty sure that's my brain talking...this week
* VMI at Samford - 3:00 PM - Bullpups continue rolling 52-21
* Chattanooga at The Citadel - 3:00 PM - Can they both lose? No? OK - Gotta go with the Mocs 27-20, but ONLY if Chatt's O-Line plays with the intensity they did last week AND Craine is 100%.
* Western Carolina at Mercer - 4:00 PM - Bears win 42-17 - Mercer is getting healthier on Offense. Cats are not (starting 7 FR/SO's on O, including all 5 O-Lineman this week) *Brain Pick THIS week, cuz, y'know, I cited a factoid in my analysis. That proves it, right? Shut up Heart!!!

Power rankings
1. Chattanooga - No weaknesses on this squad. IF they stay healthy and play with discipline & intensity EVERY week, they can probably book some hotel rooms in Frisco
2, The Citadel - I really hate putting them here every week.
3. Samford - As the Bullpups bad loss to Chatt was 1 point better than Mercer's bad loss to the Mocs, I'll, reluctantly, move the Homewood crowd ahead of the Bears...for now
4. Mercer - Bad 1st half in The Scenic City pushes the Bears down to 4th, clinging to the SoCon's 4th Playoff spot
5, Wofford - Good win in Cullowhee keeps the AnkleBiters in the 5th spot; resting up to take down the BlueBoys of Samsonite next week
6. VMI - Could move up a notch or 3 with an upset of Sammy this week.
7. Furman - The 'Dins get off the schneid this week and could move up if VMI falters badly in B'ham week
8. ETSU - Bucs, last week, lost the 3rd of 4 in a row that they will lose. If the Cantamounts upset Mercer, the Bucs head back to the basement despite their early season showing
9. Western Carolina - The Cats are better than this, but I hope they don't get a chance to show that until next week when they set their sights on a smaller mammal

chattanoogamocs
October 15th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Furman ate their Wheaties this morning

28 points in the first 15 minutes and 13 seconds.

Furman 28
ETSU 0
2nd 14:47

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Furman ate their Wheaties this morning

28 points in the first 15 minutes and 13 seconds.

Furman 28
ETSU 0
2nd 14:47

I knew they were going to go big. Hannon went 12/12 and 4 TD by this point.

PaladinFan
October 15th, 2016, 12:19 PM
I knew they were going to go big. Hannon went 12/12 and 4 TD by this point.

It does, hopefully, remind our fans that we are not the worst team in the country.

Furman is talented, but they've struggled with poor play. That becomes fairly apparent against a team like ETSU.

Having Byron Johnson and Carl Rider in the lineup (they were absent against KSU and Samford) is a big difference on defense.

PaladinFan
October 15th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Paladins 35-0 at the half.

Feels good to be back in the saddle.

chattanoogamocs
October 15th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Furman 52
ETSU 7
Final

If I was a Furman fan, I would be screaming "save some for next week!" ;)

Mocs123
October 15th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Chattanooga down by 7 in Charleston

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Chattanooga down by 7 in Charleston

I am somewhat surprised we are having this much success on the outside so far.

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 02:26 PM
I am somewhat surprised we are having this much success on the outside so far.

Because they are committed to the dive right now. Jackson is also running tough.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Ouch. Huge TD pass by Mocs. 7-7.

Throwing it away from Delaney. Smart.

PaladinFan
October 15th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Furman 52
ETSU 7
Final

If I was a Furman fan, I would be screaming "save some for next week!" ;)

That's a season worth of frustration out on poor ETSU.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 02:46 PM
I am really surprised we are running it so well against UTC.

Now 14-7 Dogs.

chattanoogamocs
October 15th, 2016, 02:49 PM
I think the worst thing that could have happened was the offense scoring on one play...no matter how good or deep the Mocs D is, they can't be out on the field that long against an offense like the Citadel who is going to chew up time and yardage.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 02:52 PM
We are giving up the big plays. Being a bit too aggressive and UTC burning us.

BullDog85
October 15th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Tied up in 2nd. 14-14.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Caine is a beast. All tied again.

chattanoogamocs
October 15th, 2016, 02:59 PM
well, I said if the Mocs didn't get out to a quick lead, it would probably be a slobber knocker and that is pretty much what it has been so far

14-14 3:42 2nd

chattanoogamocs
October 15th, 2016, 03:01 PM
And honestly, exactly what I would expect in a heavyweight fight.

- - - Updated - - -

I just hope the missed field goal doesn't bite the Mocs in the butt.

PaladinFan
October 15th, 2016, 03:01 PM
well, I said if the Mocs didn't get out to a quick lead, it would probably be a slobber knocker and that is pretty much what it has been so far

14-14 3:42 2nd

I would have to think that is exactly what UTC would rather not have.

Mocs are an extremely explosive team, and the Citadel loves a brawl. Also, Mocs players may not be prepared for 4 quarters of tough football. That was a chink in the armor you used to see with Georgia Southern. Team was so used to clobbering everyone and putting it in cruise the second half, that the players were never tested for a full game against a tough team.

Mocs123
October 15th, 2016, 03:02 PM
I am really surprised we are running it so well against UTC.

The Citadel is just being more physical than we are on the outside.

Mocs123
October 15th, 2016, 03:06 PM
We are going to have to get some stops.

chattanoogamocs
October 15th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I would have to think that is exactly what UTC would rather not have.

Mocs are an extremely explosive team, and the Citadel loves a brawl. Also, Mocs players may not be prepared for 4 quarters of tough football. That was a chink in the armor you used to see with Georgia Southern. Team was so used to clobbering everyone and putting it in cruise the second half, that the players were never tested for a full game against a tough team.

Well I didn't say that is what I wanted to see. ;)

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Wow, we are going to get burned if we keep putting it on the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Chance to go up ay half with FG, and Dogs get ball to start 3rd.

Mocs123
October 15th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Wow, we are going to get burned if we keep putting it on the ground.

Not if we can't take advantage of one of them.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Wow!

17-14 Dogs at half.

Great game so far.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Meanwhile the other Bulldogs are putting a hurt on VMI 35-7 midway through 2nd.

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Not if we can't take advantage of one of them.

So far it's a wash. I wish we had fallen on that one Bennifield dropped down on our 1 yard line!

Both teams are playing really hard - that Craine is a monster

chattanoogamocs
October 15th, 2016, 03:19 PM
So, 6 possessions in the game and the missed fg was the only "stop" for either team.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 03:23 PM
We are going to have to get some stops.

That is the game story so far. Dogs are 10/11 on third downs and they have had ball twice as long (19:50/10:10). Mocs D is going to be gassed if it keeps up. Should be a interesting second half.

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 03:24 PM
So, 6 possessions in the game and the missed fg was the only "stop" for either team.

If Chatty had sustained that drive instead of throwing the TD pass on the first play, this game would likely be 14-14 at the half.

I think it is more likely that you guys get a stop or two than us, the way the two defenses are playing right now.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 03:38 PM
If Chatty had sustained that drive instead of throwing the TD pass on the first play, this game would likely be 14-14 at the half.

I think it is more likely that you guys get a stop or two than us, the way the two defenses are playing right now.

You called it. Dogs give up a possession finally.

I think that was only the second TFL by UTC.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Looks like the defenses stiffened up a bit in Charleston.

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Two VERY good teams in General Hagood's house today

Mocs123
October 15th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Craine hurt

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 03:51 PM
WOW, Craine goes out. That could hurt.

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Both defenses have made their halftime adjustments.

BullDog85
October 15th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Defensive battle so far in this half.

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 03:57 PM
4th and 1 at the Chatt 31

CID1990
This game is going to come down one or two mental mistakes. We just made one.

citdog
Qb run for 11

ElCid
Wow, Dogs go for it on 4th down and 1 and get 12.

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 03:59 PM
3rd amd 6 at Chattb16

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Dogs for it on 4th and 1 again and don't get it at the UTC 10.

BullDog85
October 15th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Turned over on downs. Let's go D!

CID1990
We gave up points there.

Mocs123
The Citadel is playing VERY physical football. We better man up and stop them.

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 04:05 PM
We may regret not kicking a FG there.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Wow, intentional grounding in End Zone...Safety Dogs up 19-14

BullDog85
October 15th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Intentional grounding in the end zone by Chatty!

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Oooooh! Safety!

citdog
stuffed on 4th down

chatt intentional grounding in the edn zone

safety

The Citadel 19

Chatt 14

Mocs123
Mental mistake - now down by 5. We better decide if we want to win this game or not.

BullDog85
October 15th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Craig going out hurt is making Chatty look one dimensional.

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Craig going out hurt is making Chatty look one dimensional.

When I saw him running in the first half their offense suddenly made total sense to me. They can punish you on the ground AND in the air.

Mocs123
October 15th, 2016, 04:20 PM
It's now or never for the Mocs.

I hope Craine isn't hurt too bad, we need him the rest of the year and he deserves it. He plays so hard.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Mocs putting a nice drive together. Chewing up clock. They can't afford to not score here. Dogs D better rise up.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Meanwhile VMI clawing back against Samford now 38-21 Dogs half way through 3rd.

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 04:29 PM
HUNKER DOWN YOU HAIRY 'DOGS!!!!

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 04:30 PM
4 and 7 Mocs on Cid 38. They have to go for it.

Dogs HOLD!!!!

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 04:31 PM
5:18 left chatt goes for it on The Citadel 37....

NOPE!

Cadets Ball

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 04:35 PM
We just need a couple first downs come on Dogs!

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Dogs not moving it though and we could give it back to them. Need a 1st down here in a bad way. UTC taking their TOs now.

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 04:36 PM
FOR THE OLD CORPS BOYS!!!

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 04:37 PM
A worker for the DNC just knocked on my door while I'm trying to watch the game. Asked me if I was registered to vote

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Wow, 3:20 to go and UTC out of TOs. one more 1st down and its done.

Its done.

citdog
A worker for the DNC just knocked on my door while I'm trying to watch the game. Asked me if I was registered to vote

I'M VOTING FOR THOMPSON!

CID1990
Renew delivers what might be a back breaking run. Still time but it's ticking

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Chatty timeout. If we can get one more first down and not turn the ball over....

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Its all over boys. Way to go Dogs.

Or maybe not. Stupid penalty stopped the clock. FG now puts it at 8 now. TD and 2 pointer now.

Mocs123
October 15th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Craine on the sideline in a boot and crutches.

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Argh false start on Tyler

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 04:44 PM
FIELD GOAL GOOD!

HOW YOU FEELING NOW CHATTOWN???

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 04:45 PM
UTC has 24 seconds. Kickoff coming.

22-14 El Cid

Mocs123
October 15th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Congratulations to The Citadel on the win today. You guys played extremely tough and physical football and just wanted it more. We made a few mental mistakes and you just can't make mistakes against a team as talented as the Bulldogs. Our defense couldn't stop the run and you guys made the plays when you needed to.

Missed FG..........

Intentional Grounding in the Endzone for a safety.....

Argh...

Good luck the rest of the year, now lets go make some SoCon noise in the playoffs.

BullDog85
October 15th, 2016, 04:48 PM
6-0 Go Dogs!

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 04:49 PM
DOGS WIN DOGS WIN

Bisonator
October 15th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Congrats to the Bulldogs! Suck it chattownmocs!:D

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Awesome job by the Bulldogs! 6-0 Baby!

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 04:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faMZeh_vmVU

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 04:51 PM
The last time The Citadel was ever 6-0 it came with a win over UTC in 1992.

chattanoogamocs
October 15th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Never like to be on the losing end, but that was a heck of a game. Hats off to the The Citadel. Great game, great atmosphere.

BisonFan02
October 15th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Never like to be on the losing end, but that was a heck of a game. Hats off to the The Citadel. Great game, great atmosphere.

I'm gonna have to watch it later....apologize in advance for the fury that may occur because of chattown. xthumbsupx

moc n tn1991
October 15th, 2016, 04:55 PM
I agree. Great game by The Citadel. We could not stop their offense in the 1st half, and once we stopped them in the second half, we could not move the ball. Your guys deserved to win this one.

ElCid
October 15th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Meanwhile WCU up over Mercer 7-3 at half. Uh oh.

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 04:56 PM
I'm gonna have to watch it later....apologize in advance for the fury that may occur because of chattown. xthumbsupx

If history is any indicator, chattown wont show up for at least a few days

chattanoogamocs
October 15th, 2016, 04:57 PM

No apologies needed, Chattown should get all he deserves.

CitadelGrad
October 15th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Great game in Charleston today. I was afraid penalties and turnovers would hurt us, as they have so often.

OL FU
October 15th, 2016, 05:18 PM
A big FU to the bulldawgs

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 05:20 PM
A SIGNAL victory for the SCCC today. The Citadel is as good as ANYBODY in the Football Championship Subdivision!

Should we add an extra Battle Streamer to Big Red????

- - - Updated - - -

fu one time or all the time????

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 05:20 PM

Thanks!

firmun also doesn't suck for another week too- for the solid you did us during the hurricane

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Thanks!

firmun also doesn't suck for another week too- for the solid you did us during the hurricane

EP is kinder than I.... vermin sucks

WE DON'T

OL FU
October 15th, 2016, 05:34 PM
EP is kinder than I.... vermin sucks

WE DON'T

Obviously you don't remember when I give you the fu it is a sincere compliment. I am not surprised

kdinva
October 15th, 2016, 05:35 PM
that is all VMI needs........to travel to UTC after this game.....

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Obviously you don't remember when I give you the fu it is a sincere compliment. I am not surprised

LOVE YOU EC! I can die happy now!!!

OL FU
October 15th, 2016, 05:51 PM
LOVE YOU EC! I can die happy now!!!

Lets don't get carried away

catamount man
October 15th, 2016, 06:00 PM
As usual WCU craps the bed and a 14-3 lead turns into a 17-14 deficit.

catamount man
October 15th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Mercer is up 31-21 and Detrez Newsome fumbles AGAIN. You have half the defense hating the new DC's guts and Speir gets stands by idly. WCU will finish 1-10, 0-8 in the SoCon in 2016.

longtimemocfan
October 15th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Good job by The Citadel. Your defense definitely gave us some looks we'll have to get better with. Still got Samford to get by, but you guy's are in the driver's seat now.

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Good job by The Citadel. Your defense definitely gave us some looks we'll have to get better with. Still got Samford to get by, but you guy's are in the driver's seat now.

Samford? Who is this Samford you speak of?

There's only one team on our seed and that's Wofford

elcid96
October 16th, 2016, 04:32 AM
Great win by the Dogs Last night. Good to be in the drivers seat by being 6-0. That game was everything I expected. Two very good teams battling it out on the field.

PaladinFan
October 16th, 2016, 04:53 AM
Three really big games left on the slate: Wofford/Citadel, Wofford/UTC, Samford/Citadel.

Not sure anyone really knows how good Wofford is. I would say they unquestionably have the toughest second half with UTC, Citadel, Mercer, and Furman left to play.

SU DOG
October 16th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Congrats to The Citadel, I really thought UTC would run the table, but that is college football these days. You're right PF, Wofford is definitely the unknown factor in the SoCon right now. Glad we managed to sneak by them. I can tell you they are VERY physical, and will, IMO, be a load for any team left on their schedule.

CID1990
October 16th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Three really big games left on the slate: Wofford/Citadel, Wofford/UTC, Samford/Citadel.

Not sure anyone really knows how good Wofford is. I would say they unquestionably have the toughest second half with UTC, Citadel, Mercer, and Furman left to play.

The Citadel has the toughest second half with UTC, Wofford and Samford.

ElCid
October 16th, 2016, 08:41 AM
The Citadel has the toughest second half with UTC, Wofford and Samford.

And UNC.

kdinva
October 16th, 2016, 04:02 PM
And UNC.

and VMI in Lex....

CID1990
October 16th, 2016, 04:13 PM
and VMI in Lex....

Thats true but you guys get an asterisk because you're tougher on us than anybody else