PDA

View Full Version : Next head coach at Holy Cross?

Sader87
October 8th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Thoughts? Will this be a very desireable job in 2017?

Curious what the thinking is about this on a national level

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 08:15 PM
I don't think it would be as attractive as Lafayette should Tavani finally call it quits. Both jobs face administrative hurdles but Lafayette has better facilities, better access to HS recruits and no religious affiliation.

ngineer
October 8th, 2016, 08:18 PM
I almost don't want to say it....so I won't.

Sader87
October 8th, 2016, 08:34 PM
I don't think it would be as attractive as Lafayette should Tavani finally call it quits. Both jobs face administrative hurdles but Lafayette has better facilities, better access to HS recruits and no religious affiliation.

HC will have bettah facilities than Lafayette once the Hart Center is renovated....great facilities, future schedules attractive, great school....i think it will be a very attractive coaching opening

DFW HOYA
October 8th, 2016, 08:38 PM

Outside of (maybe) Lehigh, no PL job will garner much interest outside of the CAA/NEC/Ivy orbit.

Sader87
October 8th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Outside of (maybe) Lehigh, no PL job will garner much interest outside of the CAA/NEC/Ivy orbit.

I don't disagree as HC has usually tapped that pool (in our FCS era anyway).

Biased obviously, but I would think this is a great job.....coaching great kids, playing a great schedule against PL teams, Ivies and BC, Navy, Syracuse, a new 85 MM football facility, pretty decent salary etc etc ....I can't think of too many bettah FCS positions.....be interesting to see who applies.

Franks Tanks
October 8th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Patriot League head coach jobs will be very attractive. Good pay and little pressure compared to most other FCS jobs. We should look outside of the old patriot/ivy guys we hired in the past... like Gilmore. We need guys who know how to recruit scholarship athletes and build rosters with our 60 rides and other restrictions. Forget the ivy guys, unless you have a home run guy.

Sader87
October 8th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Patriot League head coach jobs will be very attractive. Good pay and little pressure compared to most other FCS jobs. We should look outside of the old patriot/ivy guys we hired in the past... like Gilmore. We need guys who know how to recruit scholarship athletes and build rosters with our 60 rides and other restrictions. Forget the ivy guys, unless you have a home run guy.

Completely agree on this.....Gilmore, being a product of the Ivy League, has been a very poor fit at Holy Cross in the scholarship era....just not the right fit for Holy Cross in this era

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2016, 09:29 PM
I almost don't want to say it....so I won't.

....AH'LL SAY IT FO' YA.....IT'LL BE UH........LEFTOVERAH....DELAWARE APPLICANT........AWK!

Sader87
October 8th, 2016, 09:45 PM
I think it will be a very attractive opening.....it'll be interesting

Fordham
October 8th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Agreed

Both jobs will get great interest imo.

Franks Tanks
October 8th, 2016, 09:55 PM
I guess ngineer is talking about Folmar, and yes he will probably have opportunities soon. As 87 said some of these ivy/patriot lifers struggle to recruit and properly build a roster in the scholly era. Frank and his staff have been a complete failure in this regard. Personally I would want a guy who knows how to recruit scholarship kids. I would ignore ivy guys, with the exception of someone like James Perry, who I think is young and clever enough to figure it out. I think Perry is a Mass native as well.

Sader87
October 8th, 2016, 10:00 PM
Perry is a Mass native....Andover HS I believe and then Brown I think....

I don't want to completely write off "Ivy guys" but Gilmore has been such an abject failure at Holy Cross, it's difficult for me not to do so.

Franks Tanks
October 8th, 2016, 10:09 PM
I hear ya. I like Perry, but he may be waiting for an Ivy job, and agree a guy from an ivy would have to be super impressive.

Sader87
October 8th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Holy Cross is in a weird spot....there are guys in the NFL/FBS with Holy Cross roots from the 1980s but they may not want to come back to HC.....we really have no "coaching tree" at the FCS level since we joined the Patriot League as we have basically sucked since we entered the league.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 11:21 PM
Agreed

Both jobs will get great interest imo.

I dunno. Spotty track record of success and lukewarm administrations at both schools are red flags imo.

I think the PL gigs definitely have a niche element to them. There's no red-shirting, you have roster limits, there's the AI and there's varying levels of administrative support. You have to have some background knowledge of the league imo.

If Folmar were to leave (and I think he will sooner rather than later to be a HC again) does Stambaugh get the call? He's killing it at ND-Green Pond....

ngineer
October 8th, 2016, 11:43 PM
I guess ngineer is talking about Folmar, and yes he will probably have opportunities soon. As 87 said some of these ivy/patriot lifers struggle to recruit and properly build a roster in the scholly era. Frank and his staff have been a complete failure in this regard. Personally I would want a guy who knows how to recruit scholarship kids. I would ignore ivy guys, with the exception of someone like James Perry, who I think is young and clever enough to figure it out. I think Perry is a Mass native as well.

Actually, no. I don't know if Folmer is ready, yet, for an HC job. I am not enamored with is job as OC. I think our exceptional players are more responsible for our surge on offense. I really have not seen great imagination from Folmar. Fairly vanilla imo. What/who I was afraid to mention for fear of a jinx that it could occur, was our former OC, now hidden at Valparaiso, IN. There, I identified my person without mentioning his name....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2016, 11:46 PM
I think it would be wrong for Holy Cross to interview K.C. Keeler. There, I said it.

ngineer
October 8th, 2016, 11:58 PM
I think it would be wrong for Holy Cross to interview K.C. Keeler. There, I said it.

Huh?

32counter
October 9th, 2016, 12:51 AM
Gilmore's record is almost breakeven.That ain't so bad.

Gilmore's Collegiate Head Coaching Record

Overall
Conference
Conference

Year
School
Record
Record
Place

Holy Cross
3-8
1-5
6th

Holy Cross
6-5
3-3
4th

Holy Cross
7-4
4-2
3rd

Holy Cross
7-4
4-2
2nd

Holy Cross
7-4
5-1
2nd

Holy Cross
9-3
5-1
1st

Holy Cross
6-5
4-2
2nd

Holy Cross
6-5
4-2
2nd

Holy Cross
2-9
2-4
4th

Holy Cross
3-9
1-5
6th

Holy Cross
4-8
2-4
5th

Holy Cross
6-5.
3-3
4th

Total
12 Seasons
66-69
38-34

Lehigh'98
October 9th, 2016, 06:19 AM
Actually, no. I don't know if Folmer is ready, yet, for an HC job. I am not enamored with is job as OC. I think our exceptional players are more responsible for our surge on offense. I really have not seen great imagination from Folmar. Fairly vanilla imo. What/who I was afraid to mention for fear of a jinx that it could occur, was our former OC, now hidden at Valparaiso, IN. There, I identified my person without mentioning his name....

Agreed, Folmar hasn't done nearly enough to warrant a HC spot.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2016, 07:31 AM
Agreed, Folmar hasn't done nearly enough to warrant a HC spot.

He was the HC at Kutztown....

Lehigh'98
October 9th, 2016, 07:56 AM
He was the HC at Kutztown....

D1 I should have said

TheValleyRaider
October 9th, 2016, 09:38 AM
I think HC could be an attractive job, but it depends what kind of coach you are looking for. A guy who's had the top job at a DII or DIII school would probably find the facilities and opportunities very attractive, especially if their ambitions aren't really to become a Power 5 #1. They're probably already used to working with some restrictions, and could adapt to PL requirements more easily.

Once you start looking at coordinators, especially who are already at the D-I level, your options become a bit more limited to schools in the PL's orbit. Gilmore, part 2? Yeah his overall record was pretty unimpressive, but he did win the school's first league title in almost 20 years. The Crusaders were pretty moribund before he arrived, and the resulting wins weren't all Dom Randolph and administrative support.

Of course, this all assumes Gilmore really is gone at the end of the year. PL administrations aren't the ones who really telegraph their plans like that, nor do we have the media coverage that draws that information out. On the other hand, if HC is ready to let him go at the end of the year, does that leak out to the rest of the program, and you see the team collapse? In other words, is there a scenario where HC has to pull the plug early because the players have already given up on Gilmore (convinced the administration has done the same)?

PAllen
October 9th, 2016, 10:07 AM
All I can say is that if there is anything behind these rumors, Sterrett better be on the phone with Tom letting him know that he has a place at Lehigh as a DC if he wants it. Oh, and yes, I definitely see Dave interviewing for and being successful in the HC slot. I hate to see it, as I'd much rather see him in Brown and White, but that's exactly the type of opportunity he's been setting himself up for.

Franks Tanks
October 9th, 2016, 10:33 AM
All I can say is that if there is anything behind these rumors, Sterrett better be on the phone with Tom letting him know that he has a place at Lehigh as a DC if he wants it. Oh, and yes, I definitely see Dave interviewing for and being successful in the HC slot. I hate to see it, as I'd much rather see him in Brown and White, but that's exactly the type of opportunity he's been setting himself up for.

Doubt he would come back to work for Andy. As a former FCS head coach, he will have plenty of opportunities, such a position coach at a P5 school.

I ma telling you that PL schools will attract quality head coach applicants. The schools are attractive, have scholarships and a great quality of life. Yes, we have AI and other stuff, but no job is perfect.

Daytripper
October 9th, 2016, 11:24 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/TU0YWTjo2e208/giphy.gif

PAllen
October 9th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Doubt he would come back to work for Andy. As a former FCS head coach, he will have plenty of opportunities, such a position coach at a P5 school.

I ma telling you that PL schools will attract quality head coach applicants. The schools are attractive, have scholarships and a great quality of life. Yes, we have AI and other stuff, but no job is perfect.

Oh, I'm not saying he'd take it. Just that the offer should be extended.

ngineer
October 9th, 2016, 03:59 PM

You got my drift. I see Cecchini as being an excellent candidate for Wuhster, though HC may balk, considering Gilmore came from Lehigh...(;-)

Fordham
October 9th, 2016, 04:14 PM
There are precious few DI scholarship head coaching opportunities out there. You guys are nuts if you don't think there will be significant interest from highly talented coaches for HC's HC spot. It more so comes down to what qualities the HC admin is going to value when interviewing

DFW HOYA
October 9th, 2016, 04:35 PM
There are precious few DI scholarship head coaching opportunities out there.

There are 253 Division I programs and 233 are scholarship programs.

Franks Tanks
October 9th, 2016, 04:40 PM
There are precious few DI scholarship head coaching opportunities out there. You guys are nuts if you don't think there will be significant interest from highly talented coaches for HC's HC spot. It more so comes down to what qualities the HC admin is going to value when interviewing

Agree. Guys will kill for a full scholarship FCS gig. The fact that PL schools have others challenges, is kind of a wash considering most league administrations are very patient with coaches.

Not sure i re I see Chick as a great candidate at HC. He is a very good OC, but I think Cross and hopefully Lafayette will have plenty of great options.

grayghost06
October 9th, 2016, 10:55 PM

Dr Eddie Anderson have any grandkids in coaching?http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23685&stc=1

Sader87
October 10th, 2016, 03:23 PM
If one is interested in the history of college football, this is a tremendous read. Dr Anderson played for Rockne, coached some all-time college greats like Osmanski at Holy Cross and Neil Kinnick at Iowa, coached for many decades, all the while remaining a practicing physician.

Biased obviously, but worth a read imo:
https://www.amazon.com/Eddie-Anderson-College-Football-Coach/dp/0786430079

citdog
October 10th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Kevin Higgins would be a nice fit there.

crusader11
October 10th, 2016, 04:15 PM

Ironically enough, Higgins was the head coach at Lehigh when Tom Gilmore was the D coordinator there.

Would Mike Sanford Jr. (Notre Dame OC / QB coach) be too big of a reach?

PAllen
October 10th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Ironically enough, Higgins was the head coach at Lehigh when Tom Gilmore was the D coordinator there.

That depends on how things play out with what may be an impending coaching change in South Bend. Many there are calling for Kelly's head after a few bad losses including trying air it out in a hurricane at NC State last this past weekend.

Schism55
October 10th, 2016, 04:55 PM
That depends on how things play out with what may be an impending coaching change in South Bend. Many there are calling for Kelly's head after a few bad losses including trying air it out in a hurricane at NC State last this past weekend.
Kelly is done imo, no way he makes it to next season.
Notre Dame has 2 of the top 3 O Lineman prospects for next years draft and they played against NC state that way....unreal.

ngineer
October 10th, 2016, 08:15 PM

Interesting thought. I think Kevin is the OC at Wake Forest now? Don't know if he'd be interesting in going back to FCS. Would seem to me he may be searching for his one last chance as an HC at the FBS level.

DFW HOYA
October 10th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Interesting thought. I think Kevin is the OC at Wake Forest now? Don't know if he'd be interesting in going back to FCS. Would seem to me he may be searching for his one last chance as an HC at the FBS level.

As long as Holy Cross and other PL schools to a narrow pool of coaches who have passed through its doors in the past, why expect schools like Holy Cross to ever get better?

Why not push the alumni to help fund a Randy Edsall, a Doug Marrone, or another former I-A coach that can breath some life and publicity into these programs? Hiring another offensive coordinator from Dartmouth or Cornell isn't going to change the calculus of what has become a mid to lower-tier I-AA conference.

Go Green
October 11th, 2016, 05:15 AM

That's what Peter Vaas was.

I always wondered whether he knew before taking over at HC that the scholarships were going to disappear.

Doc QB
October 11th, 2016, 07:59 AM
That's what Peter Vaas was. I always wondered whether he knew before taking over at HC that the scholarships were going to disappear.

Yes he did, as HC had already recruiting several non-scholarship classes prior to his arrival. In '91, Duffner's last year, they had a scholarship senior class only, three of need-based aid classes beneath. Vaas came in fully aware for '92 season.

And, Kevin Higgins is the WR and Asst. Head Coach at Wake...his kids are out of school I'm fairly certain, is seemingly mobile, and probably not getting the W's and exposure there to get a head coach gig at FBS level. He obviously did well at LU in need-based era. My buddy was down at Wake last weekend to visit with him, I'll have to ask if it came up, i.e. any lingering head coach aspirations at any level. Kevin was very good to me at LU despite me being on other side of the ball. Good man.

Engineer...we need to grab an adult beverage at Fordham; I haven't seen you since the football alum career nite.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 11th, 2016, 10:34 AM
As long as Holy Cross and other PL schools to a narrow pool of coaches who have passed through its doors in the past, why expect schools like Holy Cross to ever get better?

Why not push the alumni to help fund a Randy Edsall, a Doug Marrone, or another former I-A coach that can breath some life and publicity into these programs? Hiring another offensive coordinator from Dartmouth or Cornell isn't going to change the calculus of what has become a mid to lower-tier I-AA conference.

It would have to be the right fit - and a guy at the right price, too. Would a Mike London, Kevin Higgins, Pete Lembo go coach at Holy Cross, or would they rather be coordinators at P5 programs that can pay extremely well? In a lot of cases it would be a pay cut to head to Holy Cross, or Lehigh or Lafayette for that matter. Hell, Loose might be making more than PL head coaches.

Sader87
October 11th, 2016, 11:27 AM

That's basically what Edward Bennett Williams (then owner of the Redskins and Orioles) did in 1980...went out and found Carter ultimately.

Problem being, that generation of HC alumni are mostly no longah with us and have been replaced with a generation(s) of alumni, that on the whole, doesn't care about Holy Cross football anywhere near as much.

LeopardBall10
October 11th, 2016, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=Lehigh Football Nation;2391375]In a lot of cases it would be a pay cut to head to Holy Cross, or Lehigh or Lafayette for that matter. Hell, Loose might be making more than PL head coaches.[/QUOTE

Right now as a position coach at Army, not even a coordinator, Loose is making $150,000 base plus $30,000 in bonuses (Source (http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant)). Top that off with the best benefits and healthcare the government can buy, phone, car, etc. and yes he is making more than Frank at Lafayette. Loose may be willing to come back to Lafayette for less than/as much as he is making now because he still owns a house 3 miles down the road, but that is an unique situation. The PL will either need to go after younger coaches and expect more head coach turnover in the coming years, hire more "fired" guys who are out of work, or dramatically increase pay for entire staffs.

These jobs will get a lot of attention, and there are a lot of really great coaches out there. I just don't trust the PL administrators to make good choices.

DFW HOYA
October 11th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Problem being, that generation of HC alumni are mostly no longah with us and have been replaced with a generation(s) of alumni, that on the whole, doesn't care about Holy Cross football anywhere near as much.

As much or moreso than any other PL program, Holy Cross has the name recognition that could draw a coach to build up a truly nationally competitive program. And for those millenials who could never imagine Holy Cross in the top 10, remember, it happened because there was a commitment to be the best. If the commitment is just to be better than Georgetown or Bucknell, fine, but an impact coach outside the Ivy orbit can elevate its standing regionally and beyond.

Go...gate
October 11th, 2016, 07:26 PM
That's basically what Edward Bennett Williams (then owner of the Redskins and Orioles) did in 1980...went out and found Carter ultimately.

Very similar to what Penn did when they brought in Jerry Berndt to replace Harry Gamble in 1981. Not just a new coach but a completely new direction as a program.

Go Green
October 12th, 2016, 06:06 AM
but a completely new direction as a program.

That's one way of putting it. :)

ngineer
October 12th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Yes he did, as HC had already recruiting several non-scholarship classes prior to his arrival. In '91, Duffner's last year, they had a scholarship senior class only, three of need-based aid classes beneath. Vaas came in fully aware for '92 season.

And, Kevin Higgins is the WR and Asst. Head Coach at Wake...his kids are out of school I'm fairly certain, is seemingly mobile, and probably not getting the W's and exposure there to get a head coach gig at FBS level. He obviously did well at LU in need-based era. My buddy was down at Wake last weekend to visit with him, I'll have to ask if it came up, i.e. any lingering head coach aspirations at any level. Kevin was very good to me at LU despite me being on other side of the ball. Good man.

Engineer...we need to grab an adult beverage at Fordham; I haven't seen you since the football alum career nite.

Okay, but why not swing over to our Class of '74 "Kings of Tailgates". For the Rams we usually have grilled lamb. Assuming both teams make it through the next two weeks unscathed, it should be a great atmosphere.

ngineer
October 12th, 2016, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=Lehigh Football Nation;2391375]In a lot of cases it would be a pay cut to head to Holy Cross, or Lehigh or Lafayette for that matter. Hell, Loose might be making more than PL head coaches.[/QUOTE

Right now as a position coach at Army, not even a coordinator, Loose is making $150,000 base plus $30,000 in bonuses (Source (http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant)). Top that off with the best benefits and healthcare the government can buy, phone, car, etc. and yes he is making more than Frank at Lafayette. Loose may be willing to come back to Lafayette for less than/as much as he is making now because he still owns a house 3 miles down the road, but that is an unique situation. The PL will either need to go after younger coaches and expect more head coach turnover in the coming years, hire more "fired" guys who are out of work, or dramatically increase pay for entire staffs.

These jobs will get a lot of attention, and there are a lot of really great coaches out there. I just don't trust the PL administrators to make good choices.

You are pretty accurate on your estimations. My guess is that Frank is making in the $130-150k range. What's Dave Clawson up to these days?

DFW HOYA
October 12th, 2016, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=LeopardBall10;2391428]

You are pretty accurate on your estimations. My guess is that Frank is making in the $130-150k range. What's Dave Clawson up to these days?

Tavani is not listed on the Form 990 filed by the College for its highest compensated employees, although Fran O'Hanlon is.

FWIW, the 2013 report listed compensation to Daniel Weiss of $916K. Was that a buyout?

Franks Tanks
October 12th, 2016, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=LeopardBall10;2391428]

Clawson is probably making a mil at Wake Forest. I know Wake is a small private school that has limited success in football, but they are still in the ACC.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 13th, 2016, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=ngineer;2392205]
Clawson is probably making a mil at Wake Forest. I know Wake is a small private school that has limited success in football, but they are still in the ACC.

That is the scary part. Clawson is making more as an assistant than PL coaches are making as head guys. Joe Moorhead got right on that train too when Penn State's OC job came up.

My impression is that football coaching is really different than, say, men's basketball. When an assistant at, say, Duke takes over as head man at, say, Lehigh, he's probably making more money as head man. But assistant HC salaries at the D-I level are at crisis levels. For more than a decade people were worried about the day when HC salaries are making less that assistant coaches at the P5 type level - those days are now here.

Go Green
October 13th, 2016, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=Franks Tanks;2392244]

That is the scary part. Clawson is making more as an assistant than PL coaches are making as head guys. Joe Moorhead got right on that train too when Penn State's OC job came up.

Cornell's Jim Knowles did a similar move to Duke in 2009. At the time it seemed like a desperation grab at a life raft. But in hindsight, it was a very shrewd career move.

ngineer
October 13th, 2016, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=ngineer;2392205]

Tavani is not listed on the Form 990 filed by the College for its highest compensated employees, although Fran O'Hanlon is.

FWIW, the 2013 report listed compensation to Daniel Weiss of $916K. Was that a buyout?

I imagine so, as Weiss left to go to another D3 school (either Haverford or Swarthmore)....(;-)

Franks Tanks
October 13th, 2016, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=Franks Tanks;2392244]

My impression is that football coaching is really different than, say, men's basketball. When an assistant at, say, Duke takes over as head man at, say, Lehigh, he's probably making more money as head man. But assistant HC salaries at the D-I level are at crisis levels. For more than a decade people were worried about the day when HC salaries are making less that assistant coaches at the P5 type level - those days are now here.

I was talking about Dave Clawson, who is the head coach at Wake. The guy who used to be at Fordham and Richmond and of course Lehigh. Are we on the same page? Actually he is probably making more like 1.5 mil.

DFW HOYA
October 13th, 2016, 03:20 PM
I was talking about Dave Clawson, who is the head coach at Wake. The guy who used to be at Fordham and Richmond and of course Lehigh. Are we on the same page? Actually he is probably making more like 1.5 mil.

$2.25 million, at least according to this site.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

LeopardBall10
October 14th, 2016, 07:44 AM
For more than a decade people were worried about the day when HC salaries are making less that assistant coaches at the P5 type level - those days are now here.

As someone who has been in that world this has been the case for a while now in the money sports. Not only is Loose making more than PL head coaches as the Army position coach (not a coordinator and not a "big money program") he is only making slightly more than he was in his first stint with Army almost 2 decades ago. At the time, Loose decided to take a job at Lafayette for less money for the opportunity to run his own defense.

The real issue is more about the PL and the lack of staff pay increases over the last decade. So, while head coaching salaries have sky rocketed in FBS position coaching salaries continue to increase as well. Meanwhile the coaching staffs in the PL have been largely stable, and the older coaches have sacrificed increasing pay for that stability. Unfortunately, this means that the PL staffs as a whole are far underpaid even for the FCS. So either you find a guy on the way up willing to come in, work for cheap because he knows it will only be a few years before he takes the Joe Moorehead route to $$$ or you find a guy who is out of work and needs that stable retirement job.

carney2
October 14th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Make Frank Tavani an offer, pleeeeeeze.

32counter
October 15th, 2016, 03:21 PM
So your coach beats Harvard and you want him fired?

crusader11
October 15th, 2016, 03:53 PM
So your coach beats Harvard and you want him fired?

The guy who began this thread wanted him fired three years ago.

Let's see how the rest of the season plays out.

Sader87
October 15th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Great win, beautiful day....one game does not make a coach. He should have been fired three years ago....let's see where the rest of the season goes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2016, 05:01 PM
It sounds like Coach Murphy used this game as almost a glorified scrimmage like he did with Georgetown two weeks ago. Just weird...

Sader87
October 22nd, 2016, 08:34 PM
Bumped...again, thoughts, is this a desirable job in 2017?

Fordham
October 22nd, 2016, 10:23 PM
Bumped...again, thoughts, is this a desirable job in 2017?it is but imo you don't want to know the name of the candidate. You need fresh, not stale

crusader11
October 23rd, 2016, 10:19 AM
Terry Malone

Go...gate
October 23rd, 2016, 03:29 PM
It sounds like Coach Murphy used this game as almost a glorified scrimmage like he did with Georgetown two weeks ago. Just weird...

If Harvard wants to do this, Murphy should be calling the NESCAC for OOC games. Not trying to win has a certain odor to it.

TheValleyRaider
October 23rd, 2016, 05:29 PM
If Harvard wants to do this, Murphy should be calling the NESCAC for OOC games. Not trying to win has a certain odor to it.

If the Ivy title is all that matters, why would they bother...

Go...gate
October 23rd, 2016, 05:59 PM
If the Ivy title is all that matters, why would they bother...

Point well taken. Maybe they should follow the NESCAC model and simply eschew OOC games completely.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Holy Cross was embarrassed by Fordham 54-14 at Yankee Stadium today. The Crusaders close out the season with a 4-7 record...

Is Gilmore officially done?