PDA

View Full Version : Play-up Games and Payouts

GRZZ
January 7th, 2007, 12:04 AM
This information is scattered in other threads. I was thinking people could post the FBS games they are playing next season and the expected payout in this thread for all of us to discuss. Sorry if there is already a thread dedicated to this, if so please delete...

Hammersmith
January 7th, 2007, 12:11 AM
NDSU: Minnesota for $300,000 + 5000 ticket allotment (same as 2006)

MaroonMafia
January 7th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Rumor on eGriz has the Griz going to USC for $1.25 Million next year, seems too far fetched for me...

th0m
January 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
That would be huge. It would go a long way to your expansion though!

UNHWildCats
January 7th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Rumor on eGriz has the Griz going to USC for $1.25 Million next year, seems too far fetched for me...

USC as in Southern California?

I dont see that happening, USC doesnt generally play below FBS and they could easily get a midlevel FBS program to southern cal for a lot less.

PSUVikings
January 7th, 2007, 10:33 AM
if I were a fan of the Griz, I wouldn't be happy at all, USC, that's like a 60 point loss

VictorG
January 7th, 2007, 11:09 AM
As a Griz fan, I would not like it at all. At first I thought it was a bunch of BS, as I couldn't understand why USC would want to take a hit on their RPI. Then I see Idaho is the 1st game scheduled. Maybe the Griz would help their RPI?:)

IMO it's BS but I have no inside info.

GOKATS
January 7th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Bobcats will play Texas A&M for $450,000.

Lionsrking
January 7th, 2007, 02:30 PM

USC will never play an FCS school in the first place, much less for 1.25 million. I would say that rumor is false.

bcrawf
January 7th, 2007, 02:46 PM
UNI goes to Iowa State for $350,000. We should get more as they set an attendance record when we were there last year, but that is another topic for another day...

Tribe4SF
January 7th, 2007, 03:33 PM
W&M at Va Tech on Sept. 22 for reported $450K.

SeattleGriz
January 7th, 2007, 04:08 PM
USC will never play an FCS school in the first place, much less for 1.25 million. I would say that rumor is false.

I thought 650K for Iowa was a rumor as well. I imagine it has more to do with teams backing out at the last second leaving USC with nobody to play.

If we did get to play USC, I have mixed thoughts. First, it would be awesome, but at the same time it would be a drubbing like no other.

andy7171
January 8th, 2007, 12:17 PM
SC would play down tot he competition.
Montana would play like they were in the Super Bowl.
Result - 45-18

I can't see SC taking a BCS hit like this though. The PAC-10 is weak as it is already. The only have room for 2 OOC games with Notre Dame being a constant every year.

My guess its false.

KiddBrewer
January 8th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I thought 650K for Iowa was a rumor as well. I imagine it has more to do with teams backing out at the last second leaving USC with nobody to play.

If we did get to play USC, I have mixed thoughts. First, it would be awesome, but at the same time it would be a drubbing like no other.

Iowa must have big money to spend on football it seems.....isnt their coach like the 3rd highest paid coach at a public school in the nation?

ucdtim17
January 8th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I can't see SC taking a BCS hit like this though. The PAC-10 is weak as it is already. The only have room for 2 OOC games with Notre Dame being a constant every year.

My guess its false.

The Pac-10 was the top ranked conference all year - SC had the #2 overall toughest SOS. Thanks for the opinion though :rolleyes:

With 9 Pac-10 games plus ND every year, they'll always have one of the toughest schedules in football. The hit their SOS will take is not the reason they won't play this game. They won't play a I-AA, just like ND won't.

89Hen
January 8th, 2007, 01:26 PM
No offense, but no chance. Your $600,000 for Iowa was the most ever paid. Why would USC give double?

MACHIAVELLI
June 11th, 2007, 12:43 AM

USC has contacted a FCS team about playing on more than one ocassion.

Cleets
June 11th, 2007, 12:47 AM

Right-O...
When they can get any crappy WAC team for nickles on the dollar...

already123
June 11th, 2007, 01:44 AM
I will go out on a limb and speak for the rest of the BSC and say that we would absolutely LOVE to see the Griz play USC! Nothin like havin a demoralized UM for conference play xthumbsupx

g-webb1994
June 11th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Like I said elsewhere....

9/1 at Ohio - $100K
9/22 at Miss State - $350K

aceinthehole
June 11th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Central Connecticut received about $70,000 from Georgia Southern last season and will get a similar amount from Towson this year.

CCSU is also getting about $225,000 from Western Michigan this year.

I don't know how much we are paying D-II Merrimack to visit New Britain this year.

AZGrizFan
June 11th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I will go out on a limb and speak for the rest of the BSC and say that we would absolutely LOVE to see the Griz play USC! Nothin like havin a demoralized UM for conference play xthumbsupx

Yeah, cuz that 41-7 asswhooping the Griz took at the hands of Iowa last year helped out the rest of the conference SOOOOO much. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

danefan
June 11th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Rumored that Griz are paying us $125,000.

Also, why is the potential Montana-USC matchup any different than App State-Michigan?

already123
June 11th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah, cuz that 41-7 asswhooping the Griz took at the hands of Iowa last year helped out the rest of the conference SOOOOO much. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

yea, and how good was Iowa last year?...

USC is definitely NOT Iowa

grayghost06
June 11th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Thee figures of WMU and VaTech payouts make me think JMU got the short end of the stick with their recent games against VT and WVU. I think we got like 175K and 225K. Anyone know what JMU is getting for the UNC game?

JALMOND
June 11th, 2007, 11:27 PM
As a Griz fan, I would not like it at all. At first I thought it was a bunch of BS, as I couldn't understand why USC would want to take a hit on their RPI. Then I see Idaho is the 1st game scheduled. Maybe the Griz would help their RPI?:)

IMO it's BS but I have no inside info.

I heard a rumor about USC/Idaho. Seems Erickson was influential at getting the game put together. Now that he has gone down to Tempe, look for the Vandals to do anything to get out of it.

PhantomCAT
June 12th, 2007, 08:39 PM
the griz will say anything. egriz has a weekly posting about going to the WAC and whipping everyone there on a consistent basis. bunch of arrogant sobs that consistently schedule lil sisters of the poor to pad their rankings.

example:

If MSU started a season ranked in the top 5 in the polls and lost to a BCS team, they would drop out of the top 15. um losing to the same team would stay in the top 7. the griz took a beating at Iowa and didn't drop much if anything. they started the season highly ranked and that was only because they have the reputation (arguably deserved?). they had nothing coming back and had several questions that needed to be answered. turns out the griz were good last year.

I could rant, but I will just stop by saying the I TRULY HATE THE griz WITH A PASSION

Tribe4SF
June 12th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Central Connecticut received about $70,000 from Georgia Southern last season and will get a similar amount from Towson this year.
CCSU is also getting about $225,000 from Western Michigan this year.

I don't know how much we are paying D-II Merrimack to visit New Britain this year.

I would be surprised if you get anything from Towson. They don't draw well, and their revenue per game can't be much more than that.

chattanoogamocs
June 12th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Chattanooga is getting somewhere between $400-$450K to play Arkansas in Little Rock on Oct 6th.

Much better pay out than they have been getting from Memphis (and Vanderbilt) the last couple of years. Chattanooga plays Memphis again in '08 and supposedly '09 too...and rumour is that the Mocs might pick up a 2nd FBS opponent in '08 to generate a big cash year.

Should have room on the sked...WKU series will end, and apparently the Mocs have been blackballed by the OVC so no more games against JSU and TTU (and a nix on playing former asst Jason Simpson's UTM Skyhawks too...that is who leaked that the OVC has unofficially made UC "persona non grata" after the school decided to stay in the SoCon). Apparently it also throttled talks in replacing WKU with a series with EKU

Really a bummer, those could all be great games with good away attendance on both sides...and JSU and TTU should always be playing UC, they are natural rivals.

BEAR
June 12th, 2007, 09:38 PM
if I were a fan of the Griz, I wouldn't be happy at all, USC, that's like a 60 point loss

The mighty razorbacks of Arkansas couldn't do much better...

....what was that....USC just scored again.....xlolx

GaelsFootball
June 12th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Do any UNH or Cal-Poly people know how much Iona will be recieving if any?

lizrdgizrd
June 13th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Rumored that Griz are paying us $125,000.

Also, why is the potential Montana-USC matchup any different than App State-Michigan?

Because the App-Michigan game is scheduled. I don't see USC on Montana's schedule yet.

Mountaineer#96
June 13th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Michigan until this year hadn't played any FCS schools, so it could be possible that USC could throw Montana on the schedule. Although I highly doubt for $1.2 million. Maybe more in the region of $600,000 and all trip expenses covered. That is more like how things work.

OldAggieAlum
June 13th, 2007, 07:48 PM
The USC schedule already lists 12 games, with Idaho, Nebraska, and Notre Dame.

PhantomCAT
June 13th, 2007, 07:57 PM
maybe because Montana beat Idaho, once upon a time, they think they should get a game with USC. of course that is how griz logic works!

McTailGator
June 14th, 2007, 09:48 PM
The Pac-10 was the top ranked conference all year - SC had the #2 overall toughest SOS. Thanks for the opinion though :rolleyes:

With 9 Pac-10 games plus ND every year, they'll always have one of the toughest schedules in football. The hit their SOS will take is not the reason they won't play this game. They won't play a I-AA, just like ND won't.
LOL...

I'd like to see how USC would survive week end and week out in the South Eastern Conference

The Pac 1o is a cakewalk compared to the SEC

lizrdgizrd
June 15th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Just like Michigan won't. Oops! xeekx

OB55
June 15th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Northern Colorado reportedly to receive travel plus $400,000. for game at Hawaii. Kicking out about 5% of that the next week to host Chadron State.

AZGrizFan
June 15th, 2007, 12:36 PM
maybe because Montana beat Idaho, once upon a time, they think they should get a game with USC. of course that is how griz logic works!

Montana would wax Idaho right now. xnodx xnodx xnodx

AZGrizFan
June 15th, 2007, 12:37 PM
LOL...

I'd like to see how USC would survive week end and week out in the South Eastern Conference

Pac-10 envy noted. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

PantherRob82
June 15th, 2007, 02:28 PM

That would have to be the highest payout yet.

PantherRob82
June 15th, 2007, 02:29 PM
UNI goes to Iowa State for $350,000. We should get more as they set an attendance record when we were there last year, but that is another topic for another day...

wasn't it their first Saturday game with the new seating? I think they tied or broke the record later.

PantherRob82
June 15th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Montana would wax Idaho right now. xnodx xnodx xnodx

agreed

AZGrizFan
June 16th, 2007, 09:48 PM
agreed

In fact, the Griz are 3-1 against Idaho SINCE they moved up. xlolx xlolx xlolx

CrunchGriz
June 16th, 2007, 11:44 PM
In fact, the Griz are 3-1 against Idaho SINCE they moved up. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Actually, the Griz are 4-1 over Idaho since Idaho "moved up" (the last four in a row - 2000-03).

PhantomCAT
June 16th, 2007, 11:57 PM
point being that just because the griz beat yudawhore, doesn't mean that they should be on the same ballfield as USC. i bet that the top 15 teams in FCS could beat Idaho

slostang
June 17th, 2007, 01:32 AM
I heard a rumor about USC/Idaho. Seems Erickson was influential at getting the game put together. Now that he has gone down to Tempe, look for the Vandals to do anything to get out of it.

I hope that they keep the game against USC. Cal Poly plays Idaho the week after that game and I am hoping they are beat up from the USC game.

CCU97
August 2nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Coastal is getting $450k to play Penn St. in 2008....sounds like we are getting a good deal based on the numbers I see here.

BisonBacker
August 2nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
I don't believe the numbers or the game with USC for that matter. I will believe it when I see it reported by USC.

McTailGator
August 3rd, 2007, 10:10 AM
This information is scattered in other threads. I was thinking people could post the FBS games they are playing next season and the expected payout in this thread for all of us to discuss. Sorry if there is already a thread dedicated to this, if so please delete...

I think you should be a little more specific.

There are PLAY-UP games, where your team might play a BCS FBS team, and then there are games that your tram might just play the "OTHER" subdivision in Division 1 (i.e., Idaho, UL-Lafayette, Kent St., etc.)

We play a FBS school (UL-Lafayette) this year, but I would heardly calling that a "PLay-up" game. ;)

PapaBear
August 3rd, 2007, 10:20 AM
Maine gets $200K for UConn this year and $400K for Iowa in 2008, according to today's Bangor Daily News.

laxVik
August 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
USC as in Southern California?

I dont see that happening, USC doesnt generally play below FBS and they could easily get a midlevel FBS program to southern cal for a lot less.Exactly. No way that is happening. I don't recall the last time they played a FCS school.

McTailGator
August 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
I think you should be a little more specific.

There are PLAY-UP games, where your team might play a BCS FBS team, and then there are games that your tram might just play the "OTHER" subdivision in Division 1 (i.e., Idaho, UL-Lafayette, Kent St., etc.)

We play a FBS school (UL-Lafayette) this year, but I would heardly calling that a "PLay-up" game. ;)

Anyway, they are giving us $110,000 guarantee, PLUS 50% of the first 5,000 tickets that we sale on our campus. We should clear about the same amount of money that we would with one of our normal home games. we already have our normal 6 home games, so this is above and beyond what we would have made anyway.

And it's only a 75 mile drive, so it could be the equivilant to another MCHome game.

laxVik
August 3rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
LOL...

The Pac 1o is a cakewalk compared to the SECPuh-leese. xnonox

Cakewalk. Only an ignorant fool would make that comment. Like Les Miles.

CopperCat
August 3rd, 2007, 08:35 PM

It was on egriz........that should say it all.

GRZZ
August 3rd, 2007, 08:40 PM
smack?

BisBison
August 3rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
Bison get $200K for Central Michigan and $300K for Minn. Minn is getting us on the cheap, as last year's game with us was their only sell out.

GrizFanIRAQ
August 3rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
I thought Youngstown was getting a near Million for traveling to Ohio state this fall or next year.....I cant remember for sure where I read or heard about it!!

GOKATS
August 3rd, 2007, 09:36 PM
smack?

Nah................Probably just more ronblo..............xcoffeex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

JohnStOnge
August 4th, 2007, 06:10 AM

Probably not. The reason I say that is because it's been a long time since Montana's not been a playoff caliber team. There were 365 games over the I-AA years between I-As and I-AA playoff teams. The maximum I-A margin of victory is 55 (Oklahoma 69, North Texas 14 in 1987). So a I-A/FBS team beating a I-AA/FCS by 60 is something that's never happened.

There have been only four instances of I-As winning such games by 50 or more and 19 in which I-As won by 40 or more. The last instance I can think of of a playoff caliber I-AA playing a I-A national champ was in 2003; when LSU beat Western Illinois 35 - 7.

The average margin by which "major" (BCS since 1998, major conferences comparable to today's BCS league prior to that) I-A teams that finished with 10 or more wins beat I-AA playoff teams is 32.4. What I look at as the "positive" extreme for I-AA playoff teams performing against I-As that might be thought of as being comparable relative to the rest of college footballt to what USC is now is Georgia Southern's 28 - 10 loss to 11 - 1 Florida State in 1988. That was during the Seminole heyday and the Eagles actually led 10 - 7 during the 4th quarter.

Finally I think a I-AA would be in greater danger of losing by 60 if it were playing somebody like Texas Tech rather than Southern Cal. The reason I say that is that I don't think USC would run up the score beyond what it got by, after a point, just running the ball with backups. I think a team like Texas Tech would be pressing to score throughout.

JohnStOnge
August 4th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Puh-leese. xnonox

Cakewalk. Only an ignorant fool would make that comment. Like Les Miles.

In recent years USC would have been a consistent contender for the league title in the SEC. But I don't think it would have been a cakewalk.

Col Hogan
August 4th, 2007, 07:26 AM
UMass gets $200k for this years bus trip to Boston College...

And JSO, we'll find out next year if your theory about Texas Tech is correct as UMass will play the Red Raiders...for $300K

Grizaholic17
August 4th, 2007, 12:09 PM
LOL...

The Trojans would own the SEC just like they own the Pac-10. Coaching is what wins you games, and USC has that coaching.

Grizaholic17
August 4th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Michigan until this year hadn't played any FCS schools, so it could be possible that USC could throw Montana on the schedule. Although I highly doubt for $1.2 million. Maybe more in the region of $600,000 and all trip expenses covered. That is more like how things work.

I hate to say it, but I would not doubt the powers that lie within egriz. They are right about most everything. IT amazes me. I would say that rumor is at least 60% true. No one would start a rumor like that and get away with it on egriz.

Grizaholic17
August 4th, 2007, 12:15 PM
the griz will say anything. egriz has a weekly posting about going to the WAC and whipping everyone there on a consistent basis. bunch of arrogant sobs that consistently schedule lil sisters of the poor to pad their rankings.

example:

If MSU started a season ranked in the top 5 in the polls and lost to a BCS team, they would drop out of the top 15. um losing to the same team would stay in the top 7. the griz took a beating at Iowa and didn't drop much if anything. they started the season highly ranked and that was only because they have the reputation (arguably deserved?). they had nothing coming back and had several questions that needed to be answered. turns out the griz were good last year.

I could rant, but I will just stop by saying the I TRULY HATE THE griz WITH A PASSION

And they will be extremely good this year again, so be ready. 18+ starters returning to kick the crap out of you.

JohnStOnge
August 4th, 2007, 12:30 PM
The Trojans would own the SEC just like they own the Pac-10. Coaching is what wins you games, and USC has that coaching.

Well, I disagree with you. USC has now won or tied for five straight PAC 10 championships and I don't think there's any way they'd have done that in the SEC. For sure the tie part wouldn't happen because of the conference championship game. And I don't think it's very likely that they'd have gotten to and won five championship games in a row. But we'll never know. It'll always just be opinion.

paytonlives
August 4th, 2007, 04:30 PM

example:

And this is a typical kittie fan...

ysuallthetime
August 4th, 2007, 04:40 PM
YSU vs. Ohio State, 2 year 1.5 million

Golden Eagle
August 4th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I believe Tennessee Tech gets $600,000 for playing Auburn this year.

CrazyCat
August 4th, 2007, 06:23 PM
This from a guy whose interests are "Watching the Cats get Killed."

GOKATS
August 4th, 2007, 11:53 PM

Your sig is a bit off- should read.........

Fat, Drunk and "wearing dark pink"...... I mean being dUMb is no way to go through life son.

Dean Werner- Animal House

Yep.......smack back, DSxnodx .

AZGrizFan
August 5th, 2007, 02:30 AM

WE pad OUR schedules? Now you're just talkin' ignorant, CAT.

Do the names

Humboldt State (2000, a 23-14 LOSS, by the way in your stellar 0-11 campaign)
St Marys, Adams State AND Central Washington (2002), with ANOTHER loss to Central Washington
St Marys (2003)
Adams State (2004)
Chadron State (2006--ANOTHER loss)

RING A BELL?

Another envious Cat fan with selective memory. WAFJ. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Ronbo
August 5th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Yes, that's pretty funny. We regularly schedule Cal Poly and are like 11-1 against them. MSU has what record verses Cal Poly? Oh, I remember 4-9.xlolx We might schedule a few games against the Sisters Of The Poor but we also show up against the tough opponents.

From 2000 to 2007 (8 years) Montana has scheduled 6 FBS games and 5 Division II games. Montana State has scheduled 6 FBS and 6 Division II games.

bcrawf
August 5th, 2007, 10:30 AM
wasn't it their first Saturday game with the new seating? I think they tied or broke the record later.

Nope... UNI is still the record.... Oh yeah, Nebraska played there in the new configuration and they had more people for US.

I can't wait for that game this year. Prediction-

UNI 34
ISU 20

CrazyCat
August 5th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Losing to schools we shouldn't have seemed to be a common occurrence during the Kramer era. Hopefully that won't happen under Ash.xprayx
Until then it is what I call Justified Smack.

TxSt02
August 5th, 2007, 11:58 AM

i sat down with Mike Garrett (USC's AD) last month and said he expects to never play a FCS... he said they will primarly play "west coast money games" only... as in Hawaii, San Diego State, San Jose State, Nevada, UNLV, etc...

not sure they have played a FCS team before...

Brad82
August 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Rhody gets $90-$100k to play ARMY,plus 100 tix to sell.

Ronbo
August 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by PhantomCAT

Chadron State 40 - Fort (Lil Sisters of the Poor) Lewis 27
Chadron State 35 - Montana (Lil Brothers of the Poor) State 24

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

GolfingGriz
August 5th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Losing to schools we shouldn't have seemed to be a common occurrence during the Kramer era. Hopefully that won't happen under Ash.xprayx
Until then it is what I call Justified Smack.

MSU wouldn't have some of those upsets without Kramer. ie: Colorado, UM in 02 and 03, and some others here and there. Kramer was a coach that had his team on a roller coaster. As a griz fan I was very happy when he was let go because the cat-griz game was always at the top of that roller coaster.

GOKATS
August 5th, 2007, 05:50 PM
MSU wouldn't have some of those upsets without Kramer. ie: Colorado, UM in 02 and 03, and some others here and there. Kramer was a coach that had his team on a roller coaster. As a griz fan I was very happy when he was let go because the cat-griz game was always at the top of that roller coaster.

I think Kramer also had something to do with the Cats win over the griz in '05. Three out of the last five.

Ash is new to the area so a 'Cat win over the griz will just be another 'W' until he's been here awhile.xsmiley_wix

AZGrizFan
August 5th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I think Kramer also had something to do with the Cats win over the griz in '05. Three out of the last five.

Ash is new to the area so a 'Cat win over the griz won't happen until he's been here quite awhile.xsmiley_wix

fixed it for you.

BobbyMo
August 5th, 2007, 09:01 PM
merrimack should pay you guys , i would be willing to bet merrimack beats ccsu.

please explain yourself.

Casey_Orourke
August 5th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Don't forget PSU played three bowl bound FBS teams in 2006. They beat a good New Mexico team and lost to two top 20 teams in Cal and Oregon, both of which were costly games in the injury department which, I believe, contributed to their other two losses to Montana and Montana State.

Both UM and MSU padded their usual cupcake OOC schedule with the College of the Sisters of the Poor and the Brothers of the Weak University which left them relatively intact and unscathed for their Big Sky schedule, whereas PSU DID NOT pad their schedule and still managed a 7-4 record.

Until Montana has a similar schedule where they play three bowl bound FBS teams for their OOC games, it is hard to take all their gloating all that seriously.

Ronbo
August 5th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Dude if your program drew more than 5200 fans you wouldn't need to play so many body bag games. You can't even pay the coache's salaries with the gate you pull. And what's really sad is you had a good team, there will only be 800 in the stands when you go 3-8.

GolfingGriz
August 6th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Don't forget PSU played three bowl bound FBS teams in 2006. They beat a good New Mexico team and lost to two top 20 teams in Cal and Oregon, both of which were costly games in the injury department which, I believe, contributed to their other two losses to Montana and Montana State.

Both UM and MSU padded their usual cupcake OOC schedule with the College of the Sisters of the Poor and the Brothers of the Weak University which left them relatively intact and unscathed for their Big Sky schedule, whereas PSU DID NOT pad their schedule and still managed a 7-4 record.

Until Montana has a similar schedule where they play three bowl bound FBS teams for their OOC games, it is hard to take all their gloating all that seriously.

UM will never play 3 FBS schools in one season because we can actually sellout our home games. Not many FBS schools can pay us the money that validates the griz having an FBS on the schedule. It wasn't a fluke that UM got a record payout from Iowa.

GolfingGriz
August 6th, 2007, 12:03 AM

Ash is new to the area so a 'Cat win over the griz will just be another 'W' until he's been here awhile.xsmiley_wix

I didn't think the cat win in 05 was an upset, but if you say so. Cat Nation might not look down on Kramer as much after 4 or 5 years without a win verses the griz.

Casey_Orourke
August 6th, 2007, 12:12 AM
UM will never play 3 FBS schools in one season because we can actually sellout our home games. Not many FBS schools can pay us the money that validates the griz having an FBS on the schedule. It wasn't a fluke that UM got a record payout from Iowa.

NO GUTS, NO GLORY, NO BALLS Anything else is in the toilet!

GolfingGriz
August 6th, 2007, 12:22 AM
NO GUTS, NO GLORY, NO BALLS Anything else is in the toilet!

Yeah, shame on UM for actually having a fan base. How dare UM have any OOC home games for their 24,000+ fans that show up to every game. THis coming from a fan whose team has beat UM twice in the 11 years they have been in the BSC.

Punchykky
August 6th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I think I heard somewhere that Norfolk State is gonne get paid 300K for being the sacrificial lamb at Rutgers' Homecoming this fall.

Casey_Orourke
August 6th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Yeah, shame on UM for actually having a fan base. How dare UM have any OOC home games for their 24,000+ fans that show up to every game. THis coming from a fan whose team has beat UM twice in the 11 years they have been in the BSC.

True, you have a fan base, but then you don't have any in state competition with two FBS programs on the rise, not to mention a cosmopolitian city made up of people who moved here from other parts of the country (including Montana) who are more loyal to their alma matas (as they should be) instead of the local program.

But seriously, until Montana has shown that they are willing to TAKE THE RISK...TAKE ON A REAL CHALLENGE...and PROVE THEMSELVES AGAINST THE ELITES OF THE GAME, Montana will always be just another small college in the junior division with no aspirations of moving on to the next level and possibly the ultimate prize in college football.

Maybe after PSU, who has never turned down the chance to prove themselves, for good or bad, against elite FBS teams, moves up to the next level they will take pity on poor little Montana and allow them the chance play with the big boys.

TheCatamount
August 6th, 2007, 01:23 AM
I think I heard Western Carolina is getting $500,00 each for the games at Alabama and Georgia, but I'm not sure of it. Can anyone confirm or deny that?