PDA

View Full Version : As of Presbyterian has 7 away games, does anyone play us at home???

PCbluehose
January 6th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Is anyone coming to Clinton next year?

TexasTerror
January 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Aren't you guys playing a full Big South schedule during your transitional year? I'd assume some of those teams would come to your place...

UCA last year had four games at home and one at a neutral site (Little Rock) that was for all intensive purposes, a home game...

UNHWildCats
January 6th, 2007, 10:23 PM
only thing I found was Presbyterian going to Coastal Carolina midseason. Wasnt able to find anything on Chuch South, Gardner-Webb, Liberty or VMI

PCbluehose
January 6th, 2007, 11:33 PM
I know for a fact that we are going to Chuck South as they have come to us the last couple years. Also I know we are going to Liberty, CCU, and a few SoCon teams. LAst I heard from our AD is that we are begging for home games.

SuperJon
January 6th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Yea, you guys are coming up here for our game this year on October 27th.

youwouldno
January 7th, 2007, 03:49 AM
To clarify for me, because I'm having trouble remembering, PC will be considered D-I (transitional) in 2007?

Purple Pride
January 7th, 2007, 07:07 AM
When are ya'll gonna name a head coach?

rokamortis
January 7th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I know for a fact that we are going to Chuck South as they have come to us the last couple years. Also I know we are going to Liberty, CCU, and a few SoCon teams. LAst I heard from our AD is that we are begging for home games.

Are you certain that you are playing at CSU? I assume that the BSC is setting up the regular schedule and that they would have you alternate between Conway and Charleston every year instead of playing at both east coast schools in the same year. If you are playing at Liberty then I think VMI will be visiting you.

Thumper250
January 7th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Presby isn't playing an "official" Big South schedule next year, per se, although they are supposed to play all five BSC schools. Therefore, no home games from those five are assured, as PC is officially in transition. 2008 is their first official year in the league.

PCbluehose
January 7th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Presby isn't playing an "official" Big South schedule next year, per se, although they are supposed to play all five BSC schools. Therefore, no home games from those five are assured, as PC is officially in transition. 2008 is their first official year in the league.

I don't know about that, according to the Big South Press release

"The Big South Conference has added Presbyterian College as a member of the League effective with the 2007-08 academic year, it was announced today by the Conference’s administrators, in conjunction with Presbyterian College’s announcement of its transition to Division I status. Presbyterian will become the Big South’s 10th member institution."

From that it makes me think we are a member next year. This year was our transition year I think.

BEAR
January 7th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I don't know about that, according to the Big South Press release

"The Big South Conference has added Presbyterian College as a member of the League effective with the 2007-08 academic year, it was announced today by the Conference’s administrators, in conjunction with Presbyterian College’s announcement of its transition to Division I status. Presbyterian will become the Big South’s 10th member institution."

From that it makes me think we are a member next year. This year was our transition year I think.

Well, Pres. is in the same situation UCA was last year. UCA became a member of the Southland Conference but in football, not having played a full slate of teams, was not considered a full fledged member. If Pres. is not playing a full slate in football, then they will be considered independent but partial member in football of the Big South. Kinda hanging in La-La land, there by title, but not by schedule. We've seen it. Confusing, but necessary. :thumbsup:

PCbluehose
January 7th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks UCABear that makes sense. We need to get another game aganist you guys. We had a great time with you in town a couple years ago in the playoffs. Size was the main difference in the game.

TexasTerror
January 7th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Well, Pres. is in the same situation UCA was last year. UCA became a member of the Southland Conference but in football, not having played a full slate of teams, was not considered a full fledged member. If Pres. is not playing a full slate in football, then they will be considered independent but partial member in football of the Big South. Kinda hanging in La-La land, there by title, but not by schedule. We've seen it. Confusing, but necessary. :thumbsup:

Not entirely right...

Even if they play a full slate in football, they are considered independent. UCA could've played a full SLC slate and still not have been considered a member of the conference.

This is the transition year when you count as a Div II program for scheduling purposes. They could still back down and go back to Div II if the transition year does not work out. Next year, they will be a full-fledged member of the Big South without playoff privileges.

BigApp
January 7th, 2007, 10:27 PM
so, who are your 7 road games against??

PCbluehose
January 8th, 2007, 06:28 AM
All the big south teams, Furman, and Western Carolina

MarkCCU
January 8th, 2007, 09:19 AM
We'll see you at Hooters Stadium in the fall...i'll be the drunk with the Gadsden Flag drapped around me

It will be a decent between our schools and I look forward to PC being in the Big South. This gives the Big SOuth 3 SC teams, 1 NC team and 2 Va teams

RabidRabbit
January 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Aren't you guys playing a full Big South schedule during your transitional year? I'd assume some of those teams would come to your place...

UCA last year had four games at home and one at a neutral site (Little Rock) that was for all intensive purposes, a home game...

TT-I believe you're correct. But of those 5 games, I believe 4 were D-II teams. Only Mo State (FCS) went to Conway. USD, Augie, So Ark, Henderson St. all D-II's

SDSU's 1st year's home games were all D-II's or transitionals

I believe NDSU's were D-II's, maybe Poly or SUU at home, and no FCS teams OOC.

So Presbyterian, I hope you're talking with some transitional or D-II teams for the home games. You'll be hard pressed to get a home game against an established FCS school when you count as a D-II for a FCS school.

UCABEARS75
January 8th, 2007, 02:49 PM
TT-I believe you're correct. But of those 5 games, I believe 4 were D-II teams. Only Mo State (FCS) went to Conway. USD, Augie, So Ark, Henderson St. all D-II's

SDSU's 1st year's home games were all D-II's or transitionals

I believe NDSU's were D-II's, maybe Poly or SUU at home, and no FCS teams OOC.

So Presbyterian, I hope you're talking with some transitional or D-II teams for the home games. You'll be hard pressed to get a home game against an established FCS school when you count as a D-II for a FCS school.

Correct.

Coastal89
January 8th, 2007, 05:11 PM
PC might be able to get one or two PFL teams at home. Coastal got Morehead St. at home our first year. Davidson is a good option too.

BEAR
January 8th, 2007, 06:02 PM
You don't think the NCAA could make it more confusing do you? And you are right TT, we didn't play a full schedule of Southland teams..I heard some of them backed out....I guess they were SCARED...:asswhip:

Just Kidding. xlolx 2009 is coming sooner than the Southland knows...:hurray:

I would like to see another game vs. Pres. at Conway. Homecoming maybe....;)

TexasTerror
January 8th, 2007, 06:15 PM
You don't think the NCAA could make it more confusing do you? And you are right TT, we didn't play a full schedule of Southland teams..I heard some of them backed out....I guess they were SCARED...:asswhip:

Yep, scared that they would lose out on $$$! All those Louisiana schools went FBS to the tune of three games apiece against the Bowl foes...

We'll see how good UCA is this year. I'm not sure it'll be as good as last year, but the Bears are going to be a scrappy team...

Purple Pride
January 9th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I've been hearing that PC is naming a HC this evening.

lizrdgizrd
January 9th, 2007, 01:34 PM
I've been hearing that PC is naming a HC this evening.
Any hints as to who?

Purple Pride
January 9th, 2007, 01:59 PM
It's supposedly a 2 man race and one of them has until the end of today to make a decision. They're really guarding the names, though.

PCbluehose
January 9th, 2007, 03:51 PM
harold nichols is one of the guys running. I am not sure if he is the one who has until the end of the night to accept to job. I will let you know when we find out.

Purple Pride
January 9th, 2007, 03:57 PM
What about Rick Rhoades at Delta State? He's holding a team meeting and resigning (along with some assistants) as we speak.:eyebrow: