PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Week 5 Review + Power Rankings

MrTitleist
October 4th, 2016, 09:21 AM
http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conference/big-sky-week-5-review-and-power-rankings/

For your morning reading.

nodak651
October 4th, 2016, 09:50 AM
If you watched the game, I wouldn't say we stole one from Cal Poly, but that's just me. I'm assuming you were just referring to UND being the underdog.

F'N Hawks
October 4th, 2016, 09:52 AM
If you watched the game, I wouldn't say we stole one from Cal Poly, but that's just me. I'm assuming you were just referring to UND being the underdog.

We stole it, just save your breath. If JP plays UND loses, end of story.

jacksfan29
October 4th, 2016, 10:03 AM
We stole it, just save your breath. If JP plays UND loses, end of story.

He has you at 3 and your still whining. I guess UND should have jumped Montana. The Rodney Dangerfield of FCS...

F'N Hawks
October 4th, 2016, 10:06 AM
He has you at 3 and your still whining. I guess UND should have jumped Montana. The Rodney Dangerfield of FCS...

I did not say anything about his rankings at any time. Quote the right person. And the other guy wasn't whining about the ranking. Boooooooo. You pretty much pitched an 0-fer on that post.

SactoHornetFan
October 4th, 2016, 10:11 AM
http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conference/big-sky-week-5-review-and-power-rankings/

For your morning reading.

No offense, but how can we be the worst team? Every game we lost we were within a touchdown at some point in the 4th quarter. If we had been getting blown out, sure. But we still have a majority of our two-deep are freshmen and sophomores (30 out of 44). Pretty un objective analysis. That and we played 3 straight road games. I'd say we are definitely a lot higher than 13th thank you!

MrTitleist
October 4th, 2016, 10:35 AM
No offense, but how can we be the worst team? Every game we lost we were within a touchdown at some point in the 4th quarter. If we had been getting blown out, sure. But we still have a majority of our two-deep as freshmen and sophomores. Pretty un objective analysis. That and we played 3 straight road games. I'd say we are definitely a lot higher than 13th thank you!

Who's worse? There's a pretty strong case for UCD, Sac, and Idaho State at the very bottom. Only one of those teams has lost to a D2 school.

And definitely no offense taken!

MrTitleist
October 4th, 2016, 10:36 AM

If Protheroe plays, I think it would have turned out different. But UND still did a good job of playing defense.

nodak651
October 4th, 2016, 10:39 AM
If Protheroe plays, I think it would have turned out different. But UND still did a good job of playing defense.

You could play the what if about any team, though. We had like 5 starters out... UND sure didn't get the benefit of the doubt last year when we lost our starting quarterback.

SactoHornetFan
October 4th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Well ucd only has a D-2 win on their books. Yes I know we lost to a D-2 at home, I was there. Point is, I truly believe if the WSU and ISU games had been at home, we'd be 3-2 right now. We went toe to toe with Fresno 3 quarters as well. Go inside the play by play sheets instead of seeing the final score, that's al I'm saying. I'd put us at 11th at this point. ISU is starting to regress, MSU is as well.

F'N Hawks
October 4th, 2016, 10:45 AM
You could play the what if about any team, though. We had like 5 starters out... UND sure didn't get the benefit of the doubt last year when we lost our starting quarterback.

If Studsrud goes out I beg of everyone to watch our backup quarterback throw the ball. Either of them-doesn't matter. You will see the worst mechanics ever by a college QB. Painful.

MrTitleist
October 4th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Well ucd only has a D-2 win on their books. Yes I know we lost to a D-2 at home, I was there. Point is, I truly believe if the WSU and ISU games had been at home, we'd be 3-2 right now. We went toe to toe with Fresno 3 quarters as well. Go inside the play by play sheets instead of seeing the final score, that's al I'm saying. I'd put us at 11th at this point. ISU is starting to regress, MSU is as well.

Dunno if I'd brag about going toe to toe with Fresno right now.. that's a pretty bad football team. Luckily the rankings are fluid every week.