PDA

View Full Version : FARGO IS FOOTBALL CENTRAL, DON’TCHA KNOW?

World
October 3rd, 2016, 10:31 PM
FARGO IS FOOTBALL CENTRAL, DON’TCHA KNOW?North Dakota State has built the greatest college football dynasty of the 21st century. Don’t believe it? Then transport yourself across the soybean fields to the place where they tailgate harder than most teams play, and win more than any team in the landBY LARS ANDERSONOCTOBER 3, 2016

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/fargo-is-football-central-don-tcha-know/

CappinHard
October 3rd, 2016, 11:15 PM
http://rs1082.pbsrc.com/albums/j370/Jezey/Gag%20Disgust%20Eww%20Gifs/tumblr_loh48313Pa1qkwc9zo1_500-threwupinmymouthalittle_zps07bb944b.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

For real though, cool article, well deserved.

Sincerely,
A begrudgingly jealous Jacks fan.

veinup
October 3rd, 2016, 11:56 PM
i make it a point not to cross the soybean fields if i can avoid it xpeacex

Thumper 76
October 4th, 2016, 12:32 AM
Oh good, another article about the bison. Maybe we can get another ten or fifteen of these by the end of the month, otherwise it wouldn't feel like we grovel at their feet enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
October 4th, 2016, 04:02 AM
Oh good, another article about the bison. Maybe we can get another ten or fifteen of these by the end of the month, otherwise it wouldn't feel like we grovel at their feet enough.

Well, you don't grovel enough.... but I doubt 10 more articles like this would change that. :D

PaladinFan
October 4th, 2016, 06:39 AM
I'm from the deep south. Not in a million years will you convince me that Fargo is "football central."

FCS football, maybe. Football? Not a chance.

Terry2889
October 4th, 2016, 06:45 AM
FARGO IS FOOTBALL CENTRAL, DON’TCHA KNOW?

North Dakota State has built the greatest college football dynasty of the 21st century. Don’t believe it? Then transport yourself across the soybean fields to the place where they tailgate harder than most teams play, and win more than any team in the land

BY LARS ANDERSON

OCTOBER 3, 2016

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/fargo-is-football-central-don-tcha-know/
..... Why? .... Usually a good journalist digs for new information rather than regurgitating crap that people have already heard 1000 times. We all applaud NDSU for their unprecedented success. But to try to convince educated and worldly people from outside of Fargo, ND that it's worth visiting is sheer ignorant stupidity. Lars must be short for Larsony, because he stole (by deception) 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back! : P

ysubigred
October 4th, 2016, 07:28 AM
http://movingforwardseminars.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/laughing.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/Peacebro/highlife.gif

Bison56
October 4th, 2016, 07:49 AM

Thumper 76
October 4th, 2016, 07:56 AM
When I first saw this on Twitter.....chttps://m.popkey.co/8c0b4a/4g98_f-maxage-0.gif

Bisonator
October 4th, 2016, 08:03 AM
http://www.keepcalmstudio.com/_gallery/300/kcs_cfa88b7a.png

Professor Chaos
October 4th, 2016, 08:48 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/94148-waynes-world-were-not-worthy-g-5CAn.gif

RabidRabbit
October 4th, 2016, 08:51 AM
http://rs1082.pbsrc.com/albums/j370/Jezey/Gag%20Disgust%20Eww%20Gifs/tumblr_loh48313Pa1qkwc9zo1_500-threwupinmymouthalittle_zps07bb944b.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

For real though, cool article, well deserved.

Sincerely,
A begrudgingly jealous Jacks fan.

Make that a second begrudgingly jealous Jacks fan.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2016, 10:29 AM

Just wait....poor Jacks fans, if the Bison win a 6th title in a row, ESPN is doing a 30 for 30 segment on this dynasty....for real!!!

Daytripper
October 4th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I'm from the deep south. Not in a million years will you convince me that Fargo is "football central."

THIS ^^^^ All this.

Daytripper
October 4th, 2016, 11:08 AM
More Bison self-gratification.........

https://media.giphy.com/media/1Tdb61mTs4eoU/giphy.gif

Lehigh'98
October 4th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Just wait....poor Jacks fans, if the Bison win a 6th title in a row, ESPN is doing a 30 for 30 segment on this dynasty....for real!!!

If??? You guys are a mortal lock for 6 & 7. There is absolutely no chance you will be stopped. In fact I will guarantee it!

POD Knows
October 4th, 2016, 11:32 AM
If??? You guys are a mortal lock for 6 & 7. There is absolutely no chance you will be stopped. In fact I will guarantee it!

We got this going for us, which is nice.

Professor Chaos
October 4th, 2016, 11:33 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/93135-its-good-to-be-the-king-gif-Me-f5bG.gif

BisonFan02
October 4th, 2016, 11:54 AM

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/George-Cheers.gif

ysubigred
October 4th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Just insert Bizzon where Ted says Buffalo. Same ****ing thing :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZwS0ZonEU

- - - Updated - - -

CappinHard
October 4th, 2016, 01:42 PM

I hope this is sarcasm, but I feel like it isn't.

BadlandsGrizFan
October 4th, 2016, 02:12 PM
few things are innaccurate....

Best tailgaiting and football scene???

I can think of one better in FCS nonetheless ---MONTANA ( ya ya ya...I'm a homer, but you get just as many if not more at the Griz games...attendance is always 26k plus and we got all the party busses and that sort of nonsense as well

You will never convince me the game day scene in Fargo is better than a late Fall day in Missoula on the banks of the Clark Fork...nothing compares and I've been to both scenes multiple times

2nd....man I bet this pissed of UNDs program...lol At least Fhawks hockey will always be considered a "big time" program haha

POD Knows
October 4th, 2016, 02:35 PM

I can think of one better in FCS nonetheless ---MONTANA ( ya ya ya...I'm a homer, but you get just as many if not more at the Griz games...attendance is always 26k plus and we got all the party busses and that sort of nonsense as well

You will never convince me the game day scene in Fargo is better than a late Fall day in Missoula on the banks of the Clark Fork...nothing compares and I've been to both scenes multiple times

2nd....man I bet this pissed of UNDs program...lol At least Fhawks hockey will always be considered a "big time" program haha

Nope, more drunks at the Fargo tailgate, adds to the ambiance. Scenery is not a tailgate.

Grizalltheway
October 4th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Nope, more drunks at the Fargo tailgate, adds to the ambiance. Scenery is not a tailgate.

Nope, they're just packed more tightly. Density is not a tailgate.

POD Knows
October 4th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Nope, they're just packed more tightly. Density is not a tailgate.

I saw a drum circle at the Montana tailgate when the Bison were in town, that automatically disqualifies it as a tailgate.

Actually, the Montana is the second best tailgate I have attended. Haven't been to that many, I have been to SDSU a bunch of times, Gophers (lame as ****), Iowa State (pretty good, great location, tons of people), drove by the Fighting Hawk's tailgate ( almost drove in the ditch I was laughing so hard).

Bisonoline
October 4th, 2016, 03:02 PM

I was actually disappointed in your tailgate scene after I had heard all of the hype. The scenery was nice but the majority of fans dont show up till 2-3 hours before game time. I was like WTF. But I did find your fans very engaging as well as the people of Mizzoula. Had a great time.

Thumper 76
October 4th, 2016, 03:07 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/1pw5Hn77ylYxW/giphy.gif

Grizalltheway
October 4th, 2016, 03:14 PM
I saw a drum circle at the Montana tailgate when the Bison were in town, that automatically disqualifies it as a tailgate.

Actually, the Montana is the second best tailgate I have attended. Haven't been to that many, I have been to SDSU a bunch of times, Gophers (lame as ****), Iowa State (pretty good, great location, tons of people), drove by the Fighting Hawk's tailgate ( almost drove in the ditch I was laughing so hard).

Missoula's an eclectic place. Open up your mind a bit ya crotchety old fart. :D

POD Knows
October 4th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Missoula's an eclectic place. Open up your mind a bit ya crotchety old fart. :D

I had a great time at the Montana tailgate, the people were super but it is a different atmosphere than Fargo. Fargo is more rowdy and it is probably due to the fact that a lot of people are crammed into a small area, that isn't every bodies cup of tea. The tailgate in Fargo is more of a mosh pit and Montana is more of a concert in the park, both decent, just different.

BisonTru
October 4th, 2016, 03:55 PM

Don't sell us short. Minimum 8 peat. xdrunkyx

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2016, 04:03 PM
More Bison self-gratification.........

https://media.giphy.com/media/1Tdb61mTs4eoU/giphy.gif

Check out who started the thread my friend.

CappinHard
October 4th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Check out who started the thread my friend.

I believe was referring to the article specifically, not the thread in general.

caribbeanhen
October 4th, 2016, 06:05 PM
how did Forest say it?

ALABIZON. haha

h5322rsh
October 5th, 2016, 06:54 AM
Good article and if I did not live in Sor-Dakota (pa norsk for South Dakota) I would not believe either. The Bison are unreal and do everything right. All we can say is good luck. When will we get the Dakota Marker back? Not in my short life expectation. I am 75 years young.

POD Knows
October 5th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Good article and if I did not live in Sor-Dakota (pa norsk for South Dakota) I would not believe either. The Bison are unreal and do everything right. All we can say is good luck. When will we get the Dakota Marker back? Not in my short life expectation. I am 75 years young.

SDSU has a real shot at it this year.

Thumper 76
October 5th, 2016, 12:29 PM
SDSU has a real shot at it this year.

Feels like a trap.....

POD Knows
October 5th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Feels like a trap.....

What do you mean?

Thumper 76
October 5th, 2016, 12:35 PM
What do you mean?

You saying something nice about SDSU, lulling us into a false sense of friendliness before Marker Week. I'm on to you xlolx

Milkman
October 5th, 2016, 12:42 PM
You saying something nice about SDSU, lulling us into a false sense of friendliness before Marker Week. I'm on to you xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou suck! Get bent.

Feel better?

POD Knows
October 5th, 2016, 12:43 PM

I am not that deep or devious :D I watched the SDSU/WIU game. If SDSU can stop the run, they have a chance but that is a big if. NDSU is very vulnerable to teams that can throw the ball, SDSU has big, good receivers and what appears to be, a pretty mobile QB with a good arm.

SDSU does have a mindset that they cannot beat the Bison and we are hoping to prolong that thought process for a while yet.

Maybe see you at the Marker Game. xdrunkyx

Thumper 76
October 5th, 2016, 12:58 PM
I am not that deep or devious :D I watched the SDSU/WIU game. If SDSU can stop the run, they have a chance but that is a big if. NDSU is very vulnerable to teams that can throw the ball, SDSU has big, good receivers and what appears to be, a pretty mobile QB with a good arm.

SDSU does have a mindset that they cannot beat the Bison and we are hoping to prolong that thought process for a while yet.

Maybe see you at the Marker Game. xdrunkyx

You know you're going to see me. I'll be the blonde one in blue.

Thumper 76
October 5th, 2016, 12:59 PM
You suck! Get bent.

Feel better?

Yes, much better thank you.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 5th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Who the hell knows what we'll get in the NDSU v SDSU game. The rabbits look great at times but have crapped the bed against NDSU before. I almost feel bad for them. Seems to be a mental hurdle as their coach has alluded to. Honestly think it benefits them the game is in Fargo. Last years home game being at home did them no favors.

Thumper 76
October 5th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Who the hell knows what we'll get in the NDSU v SDSU game. The rabbits look great at times but have crapped the bed against NDSU before. I almost feel bad for them. Seems to be a mental hurdle as their coach has alluded to. Honestly think it benefits them the game is in Fargo. Last years home game being at home did them no favors.

It seems to be a 50/50 proposition. Half the time it's a great close game and the other half our offense can't do a damn thing. Our defense usually plays pretty well, but in the games we get stomped the offense just can't get anything going. Part of that is our offensive strength has always been running the ball, we've never had a prolific passing offense like we do now. Should be interesting. If the defense plays well this weekend I'll be excited for the game. If they don't I'll be real worried.

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2016, 02:47 PM
It seems to be a 50/50 proposition. Half the time it's a great close game and the other half our offense can't do a damn thing. Our defense usually plays pretty well, but in the games we get stomped the offense just can't get anything going. Part of that is our offensive strength has always been running the ball, we've never had a prolific passing offense like we do now. Should be interesting. If the defense plays well this weekend I'll be excited for the game. If they don't I'll be real worried.

By half of the time you mean twice during the 7 NDSU/SDSU games from 2011-2015? That's how many times in that span that the NDSU margin of victory has been less than 20.

The truth is SDSU has had a team that had a decent shot at taking NDSU down several times over the last few years but for whatever reason seems to usually underperform when playing the Bison (outside of those 2 close games).

Thumper 76
October 5th, 2016, 02:57 PM
By half of the time you mean twice during the 7 NDSU/SDSU games from 2011-2015? That's how many times in that span that the NDSU margin of victory has been less than 20.

The truth is SDSU has had a team that had a decent shot at taking NDSU down several times over the last few years but for whatever reason seems to usually underperform when playing the Bison (outside of those 2 close games).

Yeah I'm in my pre Marker week build up for confidence so I end up with tainted memory syndrome where I forget as many of the bad games as I can.

TheKingpin28
October 5th, 2016, 06:40 PM
You know you're going to see me. I'll be the blonde one in blue.

Assuming you can handle your liquor... :p xbeerchugx

ASU33
October 5th, 2016, 07:03 PM

What he said!