PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 6

carney2
October 2nd, 2016, 07:21 AM
Week 6

I’m saying what you’re thinking: This is scholarship football?! At least we’ve reached that point in the season where we embarrass each other instead of depending on outsiders to do it for us.

HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @ LEHIGH
LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM
Princeton @ GEORGETOWN

Game of the Week: COLGATE @ LEHIGH – The first, and possibly deciding, battle for king of the cesspool.

DFW HOYA
October 2nd, 2016, 08:50 AM
Road teams favorable in all four games.

ColgateTD
October 2nd, 2016, 09:05 AM
[QUOTE=carney2;2386167]Week 6

At least we’ve reached that point in the season where we embarrass each other instead of depending on outsiders to do it for us. (QUOTE = carney)

Major meltdown in Hamilton yesterday, with others embarrassing us. A shot to the gut of the Raiders who may never recover this season.

Sader87
October 2nd, 2016, 05:48 PM
Bucknell is at HC fwiw.....

carney2
October 2nd, 2016, 06:40 PM
Bucknell is at HC fwiw.....

Thank you. Post no. 1 has been corrected.

bonarae
October 2nd, 2016, 07:39 PM
Holy Cross
Colgate
Fordham
Princeton

ngineer
October 2nd, 2016, 08:49 PM
Crusaders show they have discovered some offense even w/o Pujals, albeit it was against the spotted pussies. Bucknell has been searching for offense since...? Crusaders not the "Gilmore Girls". Holy Cross 27-21.

Rams will be slightly upset after getting roasted on the beach. Leotards will pay from long runs in their stockings. Fordham 38-23.

Hoyas licking their wounds but find a an opponent that may provide some balm. If they can forget last Saturday, they can win. Not sure they will, but I'll take a flier with the Hoyas, 24-23.

Lehigh and Colgate in "the" showdown of the year....to date. Lehigh has come on like gangbusters after their toe-stubbing in their opener with Monmouth. Not starting stars tackle Duffy and QB Shafnisky, the offense behind Mayes blasted records. Who will play on Saturday? Does it matter. Who does 'gate prepare for? Will the M-Hawk defense tighten up...and how will the loss of Quinton Jones impact the improved secondary? How do the Red Raiders respond from the Big Red's surprising come-from-behind win? Come with fire or has confidence been shattered? Also, will there be a hurricane lurking off the coast? With all these factors floating around, Lehigh will shine, 45-42.

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2016, 10:23 PM
Still trying to make sense of yesterday.

Ivytalk
October 3rd, 2016, 05:53 AM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Fordham
Princeton

Gangtackle11
October 3rd, 2016, 05:55 AM
Last week: 2-3 Season: 20-10

Holy Cross 21 Bucknell 19
Colgate 31 Lehigh 30
Fordham 38 Lafayette 21
Princeton 30 Georgetown 24

carney2
October 3rd, 2016, 10:52 AM
HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL – Cross continues schizoid so there are no guarantees. Bucky is not getting it done (again/still).

COLGATE @ LEHIGH – Not yet convinced that either one of these is the real deal. Nod to the home team.

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE – Anyone, besides KillaBee, picking the Pards has been unconscious, on drugs, dead, or all of the above. They are a really bad football program, and it goes way beyond coaching. Besides, the crack Leopard coaching staff can watch the Fordham running back that they, in their infinite wisdom, recruited as a DB.

Princeton @ GEORGETOWN – Do the Hoyas have a chance? Probably not, but it’s worth an idle dream, isn’t it?

crusader11
October 3rd, 2016, 11:04 AM
Should Holy Cross beat Bucknell this weekend, all of a sudden that home game against Lehigh on Oct. 22 becomes pretty pretty interesting. Despite the many issues (injuries and inner turmoil...whether that's true or not), the schedule is favorable for them the next three weeks with all being home games.

There seemed to be a renewed energy and attitude against Lafayette. Maybe it was third string QB Geoff Wade getting the start, and HC playing with a chip on their shoulder. By the way, ten year anniversary of a certain HC QB having a coming-out-party against Lafayette...final score in that game was also 38-28. Hmmmmm.

First things first -- need to take care of Bucknell.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2016, 12:21 PM
Should Holy Cross beat Bucknell this weekend, all of a sudden that home game against Lehigh on Oct. 22 becomes pretty pretty interesting. Despite the many issues (injuries and inner turmoil...whether that's true or not), the schedule is favorable for them the next three weeks with all being home games.

There seemed to be a renewed energy and attitude against Lafayette. Maybe it was third string QB Geoff Wade getting the start, and HC playing with a chip on their shoulder. By the way, ten year anniversary of a certain HC QB having a coming-out-party against Lafayette...final score in that game was also 38-28. Hmmmmm.

First things first -- need to take care of Bucknell.

Holy Cross is the only PL school I haven't been to. If Lehigh and HC are rolling into that game I might head up. The only thing is it's the same weekend as Temple-USF in Philly which could also be a huge game.

LU808
October 3rd, 2016, 05:17 PM
HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL

COLGATE @ LEHIGH

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

Princeton @ GEORGETOWN

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2016, 05:22 PM
Tough week all around. 2-3 last time, down to 21-9 for the season. Let's see if I can bounce back (like a certain PL team I know...)

Bucknell at Holy Cross Holy Cross Crusaders got a nice win to open up League play, in the sense that every League win feels good. 1-0 is better than the alternative. 2-0 is even better, which seems more likely. Unless of course the Bison used their bye week to get healthy and return the necessary bodies to make their offense...do something, I guess? Disappointing OOC aside, HC is still very much a player in the League race. Unless the Bison win, then who knows?

Colgate at Lehigh Colgate Musing about the too-early date aside, this has the potential to be a very pivotal game for Colgate's season. A win gets us to a (slightly) more palatable record, and represents a huge step forward toward repeating as League champs. With a loss? Tailspin might be too strong a word, but at 1-4 and already losing a tiebreaker to another contender, the season might be close to over at the halfway point. Beyond their ability to respond to a difficult collapse, how desperate will this team be with almost everything on the line so soon? Get the scoreboard warmed up, these two offenses are going to make this a fun one. Will it come down to the wire with the defense needing to make a stop again? At this point, our defense makes me nervous, but that's better than I'd feel if I were a Lehigh fan.

Fordham at Lafayette Fordham At this point, only the loss to Monmouth is unexpected considering preseason hopes for the Rams. I suppose, of course, Monmouth might be better than we were expecting (at least around here), but that moment has passed. Lafayette, meanwhile, is playing to type so far. Expectations are a funny thing, and right now the safe bet seems to be taking the slightly-below-expectations Rams over the right-about-where-we-all-figured Leopards.

Princeton at Georgetown Princeton Speaking of expectations, I can't be mad at the Hoyas for losing to Harvard. Sure they're struggling on offense, and may yet have similar trouble the rest of the way, but 3-1 still looks good as we're into October. I saw some noise last week about Princeton getting caught out by Columbia, which didn't quite seem to happen. To be fair, Georgetown is better than Columbia, but I think it's still safe to say Princeton is better than Georgetown. Fun fact, this will be the Hoyas 8th matchup with Princeton, making the Tigers their most played Ivy League opponent (if I'm counting right on cfbdatawarehouse).

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2016, 10:12 PM
Only reason Lafayette football is worth following is to see how eloquently C2 can describe the Lafayette train wreck each week and Bogie's ridiculous avatars. My favorites: Frank on the Moon, Creepy Ben Quaker, and Delaware Derpy.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2016, 10:14 PM
HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL – Cross continues schizoid so there are no guarantees. Bucky is not getting it done (again/still).

COLGATE @ LEHIGH – Not yet convinced that either one of these is the real deal. Nod to the home team.

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE – Anyone, besides KillaBee, picking the Pards has been unconscious, on drugs, dead, or all of the above. They are a really bad football program, and it goes way beyond coaching. Besides, the crack Leopard coaching staff can watch the Fordham running back that they, in their infinite wisdom, recruited as a DB.

Princeton @ GEORGETOWN – Do the Hoyas have a chance? Probably not, but it’s worth an idle dream, isn’t it?

It's something a bit stronger than crack I'm afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Lehigh 69, Lafayette 14... Lehigh gives up in the third quarter.

World
October 3rd, 2016, 10:40 PM
HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @ LEHIGH
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE
Princeton @ GEORGETOWN

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Just saw the injury report prior to the Fordham game. Good lord.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette/index.ssf/2016/10/8_lafayette_football_talking_p.html

van
October 4th, 2016, 06:54 PM
BUCKNELL @ HOLY CROSS , Cross 3rd string QB better than Becky 2nd string, but I have been wrong on Cross and Bucky 6 out of 9 games so far, so good chance for home team to win

COLGATE @ LEHIGH, Lehigh on a pay back mission, could be a lot of pts scored and last possession is key

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE, suspect this game may be a lot closer than most expect

Princeton @ GEORGETOWN, mid season and lack of Hoyas depth will start to show big time

21-9 on the year after a bad week 5

Sader87
October 4th, 2016, 07:25 PM
HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL, Cross 3rd string QB better than Becky 2nd string, but I have been wrong on Cross and Bucky 6 out of 9 games so far, so good chance for home team to win

COLGATE @ LEHIGH, Lehigh on a pay back mission, could be a lot of pts scored and last possession is key

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE, suspect this game may be a lot closer than most expect

Princeton @ GEORGETOWN, mid season and lack of Hoyas depth will start to show big time

21-9 on the year after a bad week 5

Once again, Bucknell is at Holy Cross this weekend not vice versa.

UNHWildcat18
October 4th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Holy Cross 31-20
Colgate 38-24
Fordham 35-17
Princeton 28-20

Pard4Life
October 4th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Lafayette football goes in 17 year cycles. Tavanis tenure overlaps nicely with that of Russo.

Fordham
October 4th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Just saw the injury report prior to the Fordham game. Good lord.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette/index.ssf/2016/10/8_lafayette_football_talking_p.html
Similar story at Rose Hill, injury-wise

Bill
October 4th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Limped along last week, now at 21-9 for the year. Who would have thought Colgate & Fordham were going to be my two losses....uggh.

BUCKNELL @ HOLY CROSS - Gilmore survives, again - much to the chagrin of several AGS posters. They are caught between wanting a new Head Coach...and wanting to win. This week they win, 23-17.
COLGATE @ LEHIGH - How I long for the late 90's /early 2000's..when this was THE game of the year for the PL. It was often played late Oct....now a mid season match up, this could theoretically be the game of the year. Is there an over on this one? First one to 50 wins. I'll take Lehigh, 52-49.
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE - Still surprised by last week for the Rams....but maybe I shouldn't be? Even though they're home, have to take Fordham, 36-16.
Princeton @ GEORGETOWN - I think this will be closer than others think. This will be my upset special...Hoyas, 21-17. Maybe something crazy happens on special teams.

carney2
October 5th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Apologies to all. It's Lafayette @ Fordham and not the other way around. Wait a minute, checking my shoes: one left, one right.

RichH2
October 6th, 2016, 07:00 AM
To Gate fans.
Is Holland in or out this week?

bluefish
October 6th, 2016, 07:54 AM
He is listed first on the depth chart. Hope he plays.

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Gate is still reeling from that Cornell loss. We need to go to the jugular early and often here. I'm very interested to see the mentality of both teams in the first half.

ColgateTD
October 6th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Gate is still reeling from that Cornell loss. I'm very interested to see the mentality of both teams in the first half.

You got that right. A devastating loss that could affect the team's psyche the entire season. That said....

Colgate over Lehigh by 10...Coach Hunt is a master psychologist and should have the team on collective amnesia.
Holy Coss over Bucky by 21
Fordham over the Pards by 17
Princeton over G'town by 35

22-8

Sandlapper Spike
October 6th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Holy Cross
Colgate
Lafayette
Princeton

PAllen
October 6th, 2016, 10:33 AM
My mind says Lehigh, but superstition (and my terrible record picking LU games this season) tells me to pick Colgate
HC - It'll be interesting to see how the wounded crusaders do against a decent defense
Fordham - Come on, it's Lafayette.
Princeton - They may not be great, but the Tigers are no Davidson.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Any word on James Holland or Drew Reed's status for this weekend?

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2016, 11:09 AM
BUCKNELL
COLGATE
FORDHAM
PRINCETON

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2016, 01:43 PM
I am loving all of these Colgate picks this week.

carney2
October 6th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Any word on James Holland or Drew Reed's status for this weekend?

Reed is almost certainly out for this week.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I am loving all of these Colgate picks this week.

I'm surprised how many people are picking Colgate. I tend to think that Lehigh is the odds on favorites and the pressure is on them to protect home field. Similar to Colgate last year.....

eiu1999
October 6th, 2016, 03:42 PM
I'm letting my wife pick these again as I'm horrible at it.....

HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @ LEHIGH
LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM
Princeton @ GEORGETOWN

Gangtackle11
October 6th, 2016, 04:02 PM
I'm letting my wife pick these again as I'm horrible at it.....

HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @ LEHIGH
LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM
Princeton @ GEORGETOWN

A tie @ Bucknell?

Leopard Loyalist
October 6th, 2016, 10:30 PM
After starting the first two weeks 12-1, I have been a miserable 8-9 the last three weeks.

BUCKNELL @ HOLY CROSS
LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM
Princeton @ GEORGETOWN
COLGATE @ LEHIGH

Go...gate
October 6th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Holy Cross 24, Bucknell 13

Fordham 33, Lafayette 14

Princeton 30, Georgetown 23

Lehigh 27, Colgate 21

jimbo65
October 7th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Holy Cross

Lehigh

Fordham

Princeton

World
October 7th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Quick question

on the Princeton at Georgetown game

can't find any live TV or Internet Video coverage

Is this game going to be blacked out unless one attends the game?

any thoughts?

LeopardBall10
October 7th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Quick question

any thoughts?

Let's be honest here, PL games aren't so much blacked out as they are just uncovered. But this game is listed as going live on the PL Campus Insiders live stream. I would also be surprised if the Ivy streaming service wasn't carrying it. If you have a Chromecast, send the stream right to the TV.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Let's be honest here, PL games aren't so much blacked out as they are just uncovered. But this game is listed as going live on the PL Campus Insiders live stream. I would also be surprised if the Ivy streaming service wasn't carrying it. If you have a Chromecast, send the stream right to the TV.

I think also if you have a Roku box there is a Campus Insiders app (or something like that) that allows a direct broadcast. I don't have one so I don't know for sure, but I recall in the preseason having a discussion about that.

DFW HOYA
October 7th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Quick question: on the Princeton at Georgetown game can't find any live TV or Internet Video coverage Is this game going to be blacked out unless one attends the game?

any thoughts?

Yes, it's on the PL network. It's also likely on one of those sketchy European web sites that stream sporting events--which are similar to the ones that got shut down en masse when they streamed the Super Bowl a few years back. Just don't click on any pop-up box (repeat, don't do it) and you can see nearly every D-I game out there.

Go...gate
October 7th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Quick question

any thoughts?

Bogus Megapardus can tell you everything you want to know about television coverage of Hoya football.

eiu1999
October 7th, 2016, 04:20 PM
A tie @ Bucknell?

Oh he$$

HC

Lehigh'98
October 7th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Too many losses to count on the year.

Lehigh
Fordham
Bucknell
Princeton

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Not a good week last week, 2-3, but still solid overall, 22-7....

Holy Cross 27 Bucknell 16 - I'm of the belief that Bucknell is terrible. Holy Cross remains the most dangerous team in the PL....

Fordham 45 Lafayette 24 - Searfoss played well last week and the Leopards still lost by 10. They'll lose by twice that this week...

Georgetown 27 Princeton 24 - I like the Hoyas to pull the modest upset. Their defense is solid....

Lehigh 51 Colgate 27 - I really like Lehigh tomorrow (which is probably a curse) at home and motivated from last year. Colgate is always a big a game so there's always a lot of emotion involved....

RichH2
October 7th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Cross
Hoyas
Fordham
Lehigh
GU a tough out . Princeton pretty bad. Just cause I feel like it.
Lehigh. Pretty much a homer pick. Gate D, altho not that good, probably the best D we've faced since Nova.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2016, 09:02 PM
Holy Cross 30, Bucknell 17
Princeton 45, Georgetown 21
Lehigh 52, Colgate 38
Fordham 41, Lafayette 14

ngineer
October 7th, 2016, 11:16 PM
Weather forecast for Goodman Stadium much improved. Only 20% chance of rain,now, and likely to arrive after game ends. Should be an exciting confrontation,and hopefully a good crowd, though Colgate does not travel well. I'm feeling a high scoring affair with O/U @ 90, and Lehigh hanging 50+ points.

World
October 8th, 2016, 04:07 AM

thanks

here we go:

https://campusinsiders.com/live/10-8-16-princeton-georgetown-fb/

Oddly, earlier on, neither college website showed the link to live video coverage. Now the Georgetown website has a link....

RichH2
October 8th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Weather forecast for Goodman Stadium much improved. Only 20% chance of rain,now, and likely to arrive after game ends. Should be an exciting confrontation,and hopefully a good crowd, though Colgate does not travel well. I'm feeling a high scoring affair with O/U @ 90, and Lehigh hanging 50+ points.

From your mouth to God"s ear ngineer. :)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Holy Cross 31 Bucknell 13

Fordham 55 Lafayette 16

Georgetown 24 Princeton 17

Lehigh 51, Colgate 42 (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/10/colgate-at-lehigh-game-breakdown-and.html)

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Rain is moving in. Tons of people tailgating! Great enviroment....

Go Lehigh!

PantherRob82
October 8th, 2016, 11:36 AM
I was just going to ask about the environment. Hard to tell from the visitor side on the feed. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 11:41 AM
TD Lehigh! Made it look easy

7-0 LU 13:16 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Colgate made it look easier. One play Melville 75 yards....

7-7 13:02 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 12:03 PM
TD Colgate following int. Lehigh D hopeless. #17 injured on play for Lehigh....

14-7 Gate 3:31 1Q

TheValleyRaider
October 8th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Colgate 14
Lehigh 7
End 1st

The promised shootout hasn't quite taken form yet. 3 punts, 2 picks, some decent defense being played. Lehigh has the ball starting the 2nd

UNHWildcat18
October 8th, 2016, 12:16 PM
any place to watch the holy cross bucknell game?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Colgate DL is winning against the LU OL so far.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 12:45 PM
TD Lehigh!

17-14 Gate 00:50 2Q

TheValleyRaider
October 8th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Colgate 17
Lehigh 14
Halftime

Colgate-Lehigh, close as always. Definitely lower-scoring than expected. Tough to give up a score right before the half, but overall not too bad. It will be very interesting to see how both teams adjust at halftime. Raiders get the ball to start the 2nd half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Colgate 17 Lehigh 14 Half

Colgate's first possession of the second half will be huge for both teams. i'm waiting for Lehigh to run a wr pass....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Rain is closing in on Goodman.....

TheValleyRaider
October 8th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Rain is closing in on Goodman.....

I am curious to see how the weather impacts things. Field already a bit slippery. Who has more trouble getting a grip or holding on to the ball?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Crowd today better be reported at over 10k. Best non-Lafayette crowd I've seen in a while.

Should be interesting second half. I still think they'llbe plenty of points scored....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Shaf to Casey for a 58 yard td...

24-17 Lehigh 7:30 3Q

carney2
October 8th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Edmonds has 226 yds. at halftime. Tavani was heard to exclaim to an assistant coach that Edmonds "would be a decent defensive back."

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Lehigh offense has it goin. Shaf to TP for a TD...

31-17 Lehigh 2:17 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 01:51 PM
LU defense no killer instinct. TD Colgate on 3 plays...

31-24 Lehigh 00:36 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Lehigh responds with a93 yard kickoff return for a TD

38-24 00:24 3Qy

TheValleyRaider
October 8th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Colgate 24
Lehigh 38
End 3rd

After spending most of the quarter in their own end, Colgate got a big TD right before the end of the quarter to cut it to a score. Then Lehigh ran the kick back for another score. Still within striking distance, but that was definitely deflating. Raiders facing a big 3rd down to start the final quarter

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Lehigh has dominated the second half.

45-24 8:46 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Interesting moment at the end of the 3rd quarter when a Gate fan left the stands and went over to the defense and started yelling at them. He had to be told to leave by gate coaches....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Lehigh 45 Colgste 31 Final

Very good win! TP once again a monster! Defense played well in the second half.

TheValleyRaider
October 8th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Colgate 31
Lehigh 45
Final

Tough day in Bethlehem. The offense really misses Holland, as Washington is a nice back, but too many times he seems to get caught after a yard or two. Lehigh made several plays when they needed to, especially the goalline stand and the kickoff TD, and were able to pull away.

Hard to say the season is really over, but even a 5-0 finish to the season only helps if the Hawks drop 2. Outside of Fordham, is that really likely? HC maybe?

RichH2
October 8th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Hell of a game Casey and TP dominated Gate DBs. Shaf after shaky start ran a great O. D after 1st quarter played well particularly in the 2nd half.

Lehigh'98
October 8th, 2016, 03:33 PM
The end of the 2nd qtr thru 4th Lehigh probably played it's best ball in awhile. #8 has some wheels!! Gate played tough but lacked the offensive firepower to put the game away early when they had a chance to.

Sader87
October 8th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Well, the Tom Gilmore era at HC probably ended today...so there's that.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 04:53 PM

That's a baaaaad loss! Yikes!

Southsider
October 8th, 2016, 05:44 PM
The end of the 2nd qtr thru 4th Lehigh probably played it's best ball in awhile. #8 has some wheels!! Gate played tough but lacked the offensive firepower to put the game away early when they had a chance to.

No doubt about that! It's the uni's........gotta love the brown & white. Scrap the gold.....now. This one felt like a good ol LU home game. D really stepped up after a very shaky start. But, like last week, coach should never, ever, take the foot off the gas. Game was not as close as final score, but when you can bury a team, you do it.

ngineer
October 8th, 2016, 07:46 PM
Heck of a game today. The first half Lehigh's O seemed out of sync. Some odd play calls, but when they get in gear, look out! Defense actually played well overall. About four plays where breakdowns occurred resulting n about 200 yards of Colgate's offense. For the most part, D played tough and #12 did a very credible job subbing for Quincy Jones at CB. Jones is done for the year due to severity of concussion. Special teams were pretty good. Mish had some great punts, but some of his PKs had low trajectories with one tipped that still went through, and a FG blocked. Gatlin Casey had a monster day with almost 300 all-purpose yards. With he and Pelletier, I doubt there is as dynamic a WR duo in the country. Reminds one of Spadola and Kurfis a few years back. Shaf had a very strong game after a shaky start. Was off on some of his passes, but really settled down. Said the ankle is sore but he just ignores it when between the lines. This was a strong win. No fluke type win. If they focus on each each game and not get caught looking ahead, they can certainly run the table. BTW, attendance "officially" listed around 9700, but there had to be over 10,000. West stands were full, people in and above the horsehoe and about 2,500 in the East stands. On the road for two weeks (Gtown and HC). Hopefully come back with a 3-0 record and great crowd awaiting to see the Fordham game.

ngineer
October 8th, 2016, 07:50 PM
No doubt about that! It's the uni's........gotta love the brown & white. Scrap the gold.....now. This one felt like a good ol LU home game. D really stepped up after a very shaky start. But, like last week, coach should never, ever, take the foot off the gas. Game was not as close as final score, but when you can bury a team, you do it.

Andy will never run up a score. He's taken his foot off the pedal the past few weeks. He was more concerned with running down the clock, which was done. Passing has only 1/3 outcomes good, with the other two being an INT or an INC, which stops the clock. I do like the basic Brown & White, which we used in the early 70's, though style was different.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that they lost to Bucknell, but the way they lost, giving up a nice lead. Trouble in River City....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Interesting moment at the end of the 3rd quarter when a Gate fan left the stands and went over to the defense and started yelling at them. He had to be told to leave by gate coaches....

Man, wish I had seen that from my vantagepoint. Can you see it on the game feed anywhere?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Man, wish I had seen that from my vantagepoint. Can you see it on the game feed anywhere?

You might be able to see it in the video feed. He had a black/greyish tshirt on with a hoodie slung over his shoulder. He literally went down the steps onto the side line, walked over to the defense and started to berate them for a good 20-30 seconds before the coaches intervened and forced him to head back to his seat. It was something you'd see at a high school game with a disgruntled parent. Really bizarre.....

carney2
October 9th, 2016, 05:00 AM

And the Tavani era at Lafayette goes on until he (Tavani) says it's over. Why? Because no one in authority cares.

van
October 9th, 2016, 07:45 AM

don't bet on it

Sader87
October 9th, 2016, 08:05 AM
don't bet on it

There will be a new head coach at Holy Cross next year. The dwindling few that still care and follow the program won't be back if he does return

Fordham
October 9th, 2016, 08:33 AM
Lafayette really really bad. Still able to move the ball on us though, which is a sign that we have zero shot of stopping Lehigh's O. In our coaches defense the injuries have been many and devastating so the true freshmen and expected 3rd stringers playing are doing well for guys not expecting to have to play this year.

Holy Cross will absolutely hire a stud this off season and they will be off to the races imo. Lafayette can do the same but not sure when they'll choose to do so.

Looks to me like it's mostly all about Lehigh being able to continue to improve enough to make some noise in the playoffs in representing the PL. Not giving up all hope that we can give them a scare but that's the way it's looking to me right now

RichH2
October 9th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Lafayette really really bad. Still able to move the ball on us though, which is a sign that we have zero shot of stopping Lehigh's O. In our coaches defense the injuries have been many and devastating so the true freshmen and expected 3rd stringers playing are doing well for guys not expecting to have to play this year.

Holy Cross will absolutely hire a stud this off season and they will be off to the races imo. Lafayette can do the same but not sure when they'll choose to do so.

Looks to me like it's mostly all about Lehigh being able to continue to improve enough to make some noise in the playoffs in representing the PL. Not giving up all hope that we can give them a scare but that's the way it's looking to me right now
Well perhaps so for Lehigh if D continues improving.
Ram game will be an o/u of 120 :)
We couldn'r stop Chase last year. This year maybe we keep him under 200. :)
Rams wont stop Lehigh O.

ngineer
October 9th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Well perhaps so for Lehigh if D continues improving.
Ram game will be an o/u of 120 :)
We couldn'r stop Chase last year. This year maybe we keep him under 200. :)
Rams wont stop Lehigh O.

Agreed. "Containing" Edmonds to 200 yards would be a moral victory and a real victory. I see a an O/U round 90-100 right now, but our D is getting better. Can't look that far ahead, yet. Big trap game coming up. Coaches need to really be up the team's butts this week about focus on what's immediately in front of them. This kind of talk is strictly for the fans.