PDA

View Full Version : Albany vs. Richmond

Stonewall D
October 2nd, 2016, 03:13 AM
IMHO, Albany is for real. They are well coached and have an opportunistic defense. Albany is +13 in turnovers. They have a strong running game and have an up and coming QB. The winner of this game will be in the driver's seat for a conference championship.

Matt
October 2nd, 2016, 04:44 AM
we are playing beneath our supposed talent level, but squeaking by against inferior squads (or getting smoked by them...). That will not get it done at Albany, and will absolutely spell disaster when the Dukes come to town. The team needs a big kick in the ass. Albany should be slight favorites in this one.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 2nd, 2016, 05:54 AM
The point spread for this one will definitely be interesting. I think some Spider fans are more down on this team than they need to be after 5 weeks. The Stony Brook game was a definite wake up call and we got both Colgate and Towson's best shot. If anyone thought Towson, down on their luck at 1-2 and coming off a bye was going to be easy, I'd suggest they recalibrate their expectations.

Dane96
October 2nd, 2016, 08:18 AM
Albany's defense. Not worried about.

Albany's running game (may be top 2-3 in the CAA). Not worried about if...

...we get the raw and mistake free Nevan Sussman at QB, who completes more than 7-10 passes.

If we get the raw and mistake prone Nevan Sussman, which leads the coaching staff to run a Pop Warner offense, then it is game over. Richmond will score...even on a very, very good Albany defense. If we try 40-50 running plays then Albany's window to win the game gets smaller.

The crowd should be large and into the game if the remnants of Hurricane Matthew stay away. They will call it a sell-out (due to being dinged by the Fire Marshall in our opening season)...but I suspect the crowd could near 12,000 range if the weather is good.

MR. CHICKEN
October 2nd, 2016, 08:53 AM
....ALBANY HASN'T BEATEN...ANYONE...UH CONSEQUENCE........REASON DEY WERE PICKED BEHIND DELAWARE.....PRESEASON.......BYE-BYE BROCK!

....EVERAH-BODY IS OVER-REACTIN'...ON DUH DANES!.....AWK!

Stonewall D
October 2nd, 2016, 09:01 AM
Richmond suffered a big loss when it lost its starting RB in the second game of the season. We really struggled the next week against Stony Brook. Last week we played Xavier Goodall a true freshman. He has carried the load. Our QB sometimes tries to force the issue. He has been sloppy recently. Last year Albany outplayed and out coached us. They are coming off a bye week. Albany also has a win against an FBS team. I give the advantage to Albany.

Stonewall D
October 2nd, 2016, 09:05 AM
Albany did beat Buffalo, an FBS squad. They remind me of ODU. Overlook Albany at your peril.

MR. CHICKEN
October 2nd, 2016, 09:15 AM
Albany did beat Buffalo, an FBS squad. They remind me of ODU. Overlook Albany at your peril.

.....AN' RIGHTFULLAH SO.......LINDY'S HAS BUFFALO @ 107....AN' OL' DIMMY.....#111...........BYE BYE BROCK!

Stonewall D
October 2nd, 2016, 01:25 PM
To Dane 96's point, if UR can contain Albany's running game and control Spider turnovers, then UR might prevail.

BisonBacker
October 2nd, 2016, 01:25 PM
....ALBANY HASN'T BEATEN...ANYONE...UH CONSEQUENCE........REASON DEY WERE PICKED BEHIND DELAWARE.....PRESEASON.......BYE-BYE BROCK!

....EVERAH-BODY IS OVER-REACTIN'...ON DUH DANES!.....AWK!
You can only play who's on your schedule xnodx

KPSUL
October 2nd, 2016, 02:34 PM
I think Richmond will get a solid win at Albany. The experienced and tested Richmond QB and WRs will take better care of the ball than The Dane's previous 4 opponents and the Spider D will be able to hold the Albany one dimensional offense to a little more than 200 total yards. Albany will win more CAA games this season, but not this one.

MacThor
October 2nd, 2016, 02:58 PM
Richmond has trouble tackling strong running backs.
Every time Towson passed, they were doing us a favor.

KPSUL
October 2nd, 2016, 03:34 PM

Everyone has strong running backs! The turnovers are the key to this game. Put up your normal 400 plus yards, and hold on to the ball and you'll win the game. You Spider fans are now doing all the perseverating and hand wringing we see at Danny Rocco's press conferences.

MR. CHICKEN
October 2nd, 2016, 03:34 PM
You can only play who's on your schedule xnodx

...AH'M AWARE.....GET PAST SOME CAA BIG BIRDS.....AN'....AH'LL BELIEVE........SEE YA BROCK!

Stonewall D
October 2nd, 2016, 04:02 PM
UR's QB often makes throwing errors. In the Towson game, he had 1 pick nullified. That would have cost the Spiders the game.

BestDaneSinceHamlet
October 2nd, 2016, 04:35 PM
Hanks isn't just a strong runner. He's second in FCS in Rushing.

UAalum72
October 2nd, 2016, 05:44 PM
...AH'M AWARE.....GET PAST SOME CAA BIG BIRDS.....AN'....AH'LL BELIEVE........SEE YA BROCK!
One of Albany's advantages this year... of the top six teams in the preseason coaches' poll, we miss three (JMU, W&M, Towson) and play Richmond at home, leaving only Villanova and UNH on the road.

KPSUL
October 2nd, 2016, 05:58 PM
Hanks isn't just a strong runner. He's second in FCS in Rushing.

He's obviously am excellent runner. But number of carries is a big factor. If 60% of your offense comes from one guy, he's going to put up huge numbers. Maybe he is the best in the CAA, hard to say with guys like Khalid Abdullah, Kendall Anderson and Stacey Bedell. Looking at your total offense production as compared to Richmond, I don't see Albany beating the Spiders unless they make several more big mistakes than the Danes. It could happen of course, that's what makes college football so interesting.

KPSUL
October 2nd, 2016, 06:05 PM
One of Albany's advantages this year... of the top six teams in the preseason coaches' poll, we miss three (JMU, W&M, Towson) and play Richmond at home, leaving only Villanova and UNH on the road.

You guys are definitely in the driver's seat for finishing out the season with no more than a couple losses and getting a playoff bid. Doesn't mean you will, or even need, to beat Richmond.

Stonewall D
October 2nd, 2016, 07:14 PM
In Albany, they definitely believe. This game scares me.

spdram
October 2nd, 2016, 08:12 PM
Most games in the CAA can be an adventure, I agree with KPSUL, if we keep down our mistakes we will beat the Danes.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2016, 08:33 PM

I saw the D Victory runs, couldn't help but think the same thing.... Albany finds a way

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2016, 07:08 AM

......TOO BAD...YA MISS DUH TRIBE........WOODAH BEEN UH EASY W........AWK!

Gangtackle11
October 3rd, 2016, 07:38 AM
This game obviously helps immensely to clarify what we can expect from both teams down the stretch. Albany can go from pretender to contender with a win or strong showing. Richmond needs to show up & live up to at least some of the preseason hype.

RootinFerDukes
October 3rd, 2016, 07:43 AM
This game obviously helps immensely to clarify what we can expect from both teams down the stretch. Albany can go from pretender to contender with a win or strong showing. Richmond needs to show up & live up to at least some of the preseason hype.

I'm going to have to disagree with Albany being a contender with a strong showing. I've said on some of the poll threads that there comes a point when a team just needs to win if they want to be ranked, especially deeper into the season. Moral victories don't amount to much at the end of the day.
I'm not saying Albany should drop off with a UR loss, but they're at a point where if they want to drop the paper tiger label, here's your stretch of good teams to play and beat. I'll believe only once they beat the teams they need to beat.

Gangtackle11
October 3rd, 2016, 07:57 AM
I'm going to have to disagree with Albany being a contender with a strong showing. I've said on some of the poll threads that there comes a point when a team just needs to win if they want to be ranked, especially deeper into the season. Moral victories don't amount to much at the end of the day.
I'm not saying Albany should drop off with a UR loss, but they're at a point where if they want to drop the paper tiger label, here's your stretch of good teams to play and beat. I'll believe only once they beat the teams they need to beat.

I see your point. My thoughts were if they play Richmond close it bodes well for the rest of the way. A well played less than 7 point game would signal to me that they would have a great chance of beating the likes of Elon, Delaware, & Stony Brook at home. That gets them to 7 wins. It would mean they would be a slight favorite @Maine & competitive @Villanova & @UNH. Not a long putt to 8 wins with a strong showing win or lose Saturday.

Its not about moral victories, but a well played loss tells me that the rest of the teams on their schedule better be ready to play. All that said it's quite possible they are a paper Great Dane. We'll know soon enough.

KPSUL
October 3rd, 2016, 07:58 AM
A little skepticism is not unwarranted. Albany won their first 4 games in 2014 also. In fact, two of the four victories were against teams they've beaten so far this season. They ended the season with a 3-5 conference record. Now the win over Buffalo looms pretty large, and their CAA schedule seems less difficult, but as Mr Chicken would state, "Ahma juss say'n!"

RootinFerDukes
October 3rd, 2016, 08:06 AM
I see your point. My thoughts were if they play Richmond close it bodes well for the rest of the way. A well played less than 7 point game would signal to me that they would have a great chance of beating the likes of Elon, Delaware, & Stony Brook at home. That gets them to 7 wins. It would mean they would be a slight favorite @Maine & competitive @Villanova & @UNH. Not a long putt to 8 wins with a strong showing win or lose Saturday.

Its not about moral victories, but a well played loss tells me that the rest of the teams on their schedule better be ready to play. All that said it's quite possible they are a paper Great Dane. We'll know soon enough.

Yes I agree that it bodes well. UR is probably their toughest opponent of the season (Buffalo is probably worse than UR right now). They have a tough 3 game stretch here, UR Maine and VU. They need to win at least two of those three I would say. 0-3 would mean they're probably not going to make the playoffs. They should beat Maine.

Nova09
October 3rd, 2016, 08:49 AM
The winner of this game will be in the driver's seat for a conference championship.

A game that could end with both teams having a conference loss while multiple others have zero would put them in the driver's seat? Or an Albany team that hasn't played Nova or UNH and has no say in what JMU does would be in the driver's seat?

Hanca
October 3rd, 2016, 09:16 AM
Spiders are playing uninspired. Tackle poorly and cannot kick off without threat of big return. Lauletta averages 3 stupid passes per game, usually in first half. Unless Rocco makes changes, Spiders fall.

Gil Dobie
October 3rd, 2016, 01:02 PM
We'll see how tuff the Albanian Mafia is.

SpiderJPO
October 3rd, 2016, 09:00 PM
I am a Spider fan visiting Albany for first time. Love to experience tailgating with home crowd. Any Albany fans got information on parking in a tailgate lot or information on tailgates on campus. Hope to arrive at least 3 hours before kickoff to get situated and mingle. Any information will be appreciated.

Stonewall D
October 3rd, 2016, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know if outsiders can post on the Albany message board, big purple fans.com?

Dane96
October 3rd, 2016, 09:19 PM
I am a Spider fan visiting Albany for first time. Love to experience tailgating with home crowd. Any Albany fans got information on parking in a tailgate lot or information on tailgates on campus. Hope to arrive at least 3 hours before kickoff to get situated and mingle. Any information will be appreciated.

You won't be able to park in the SEFCU Lot (reserved for GDAC-Great Dane Athletic Club--Donors). Dutch is a 10 minute stroll...5 if you walk fast...from Casey Stadium. But you can stroll over and I am sure you may be invited to one of those tailgates.

Take a read on this page as, as there are strict bag policies:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=211043101

It's homecoming, so should be a good crowd.

Have fun...but hopefully on the losing end. ;)

Dane96
October 3rd, 2016, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know if outsiders can post on the Albany message board, big purple fans.com?

You'd have to register, I believe. But yes...you can.

Stonewall D
October 4th, 2016, 10:28 AM
This will be a great game. I agree with the sentiments stated here- the winner of this game is the odds-on favorite to win the CAA championship and a first round bye in the playoffs.

MRuler
October 4th, 2016, 10:49 AM
The rain "should" hold off until Sunday so the crowd will be into it BIG TIME!! If we get some rain that should help our cause. Dane 96 is right you could see 12,000. For fire code safety issues it will report 8500 and as I understand this is sold out. People sit on the hill, in the beer garden etc. and former players like myself get sideline passes which is great idea by Coach Gattuso, although I prefer the beer garden for obvious reasons. I haven't seen Alumni, former players amped like this in a long.... EVER. Fans can feel the tide turning in a great way on this program as they know we are going to be a force to deal with in the not too distant future.

Side Note: So everyone knows the year we started off 4-0 in 2014 (people are comparing that team to the 2016 team) and ended 7-5 was done with Coach Ford's NEC team. Ford managed to win 6 NEC titles and but as we found out the CAA was not the NEC. To GG's and the players credit those NEC kids willed themselves to a winning record. This is a much different team as they are a CAA caliber team.

Stonewall D you wont have any problems finding parking or a tailgate as the atmosphere is electric. Albany folks are good folks. Feel free to stop by my tailgate as martini's will be flowing around 1!!!!

Gangtackle11
October 4th, 2016, 10:58 AM
This will be a great game. I agree with the sentiments stated here- the winner of this game is the odds-on favorite to win the CAA championship and a first round bye in the playoffs.

I'm sure that sentiment isn't shared from Harrisonburg, VA to Villanova, PA to Portsmouth NH.

As Lee Corso says "Not so fast!"

Hanca
October 4th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Agree with above. If UR loses they are done, but if win CAA still has 4 contenders. JMU, regretfully, is my pick. Visitor in UR/JMU has amazing win %

RootinFerDukes
October 4th, 2016, 12:24 PM

Villanova, JMU and UNH are undefeated in CAA play. UA misses JMU this season. It is far from deciding who the favorite is as of October 8th. There could be a co-championship tie if both them and jmu win out.

Gangtackle11
October 4th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Villanova, JMU and UNH are undefeated in CAA play. UA misses JMU this season. It is far from deciding who the favorite is as of October 8th. There could be a co-championship tie if both them and jmu win out.

hmmm.....what CAA team not mentioned in the tie scenario plays all 3 above? You might not like having to play that Nova defense. xpeacex

MRuler
October 4th, 2016, 12:34 PM
I really am interested in this game. In reality the pressure is all on Richmond. If UA loses, they are "supposed " to lose. They can still get to 7-8 wins and hopefully get selected into the NCAA tourney. Richmond with all the hype is the "better" team and is supposed to be in the CAA final against JMU or Nova. No pressure on UA to win and that's when teams play their best.

Gangtackle11
October 4th, 2016, 12:49 PM
I really am interested in this game. In reality the pressure is all on Richmond. If UA loses, they are "supposed " to lose. They can still get to 7-8 wins and hopefully get selected into the NCAA tourney. Richmond with all the hype is the "better" team and is supposed to be in the CAA final against JMU or Nova. No pressure on UA to win and that's when teams play their best.

8 will get them in. 7 will be dicey as it was for Towson last season. They will be up against a few teams that may appear to have better resumes and if a MVFC team has 6 that won't help. Better think 8.

MacThor
October 4th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Gotta win 8 overall. Being 3-0 OOC helps both teams tremendously, as they can get to 8 even going 5-3 in CAA.

6-2 has been good enough to win a co-championship a few times in recent years.
8-0 has been very rare.

Gangtackle11
October 4th, 2016, 01:29 PM
I can see UAlbany getting to 8 win or lose to Richmond as long as they are legit.

Richmond *
3:30 p.m.
Albany, N.Y.

Sat, Oct 15
Maine *
12:00 p.m.
at Orono, Maine

Sat, Oct 22
Villanova *
at Villanova, Pa.

Sat, Oct 29
Elon *
Albany, N.Y.

Sat, Nov 05
Delaware *
1:00 p.m.
Albany, N.Y.

Sat, Nov 12
New Hampshire *
at Durham, N.H.

Sat, Nov 19
Stony Brook *
Albany, N.Y.

A legit contender should win @Maine, Elon, Delaware, & Stony Brook. That's 8 w/o much of a stretch.

MacThor
October 4th, 2016, 01:39 PM
If Richmond loses this one, I have trouble seeing 4 more wins.

Then again, UR had two "upset" losses in conference last year but beat both of their co-champions to get to 8.

KPSUL
October 4th, 2016, 01:50 PM
I can see UAlbany getting to 8 win or lose to Richmond as long as they are legit.

Richmond *
Albany, N.Y.

Sat, Oct 15
Maine *
at Orono, Maine

Sat, Oct 22
Villanova *
at Villanova, Pa.

Sat, Oct 29
Elon *
Albany, N.Y.

Sat, Nov 05
Delaware *
Albany, N.Y.

Sat, Nov 12
New Hampshire *
at Durham, N.H.

Sat, Nov 19
Stony Brook *
Albany, N.Y.

A legit contender should win @Maine, Elon, Delaware, & Stony Brook. That's 8 w/o much of a stretch.

Looks like Richmond is not a legitimate contender.

Gangtackle11
October 4th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Looks like Richmond is not a legitimate contender.
I was showing the path to playoffs with a Richmond loss. UAlbany has a shot at 8 with a loss here. That was the point.

I see that you are pointing to the Richmond loss @ SB, but Albany does get them @home.

The CAA could get 5 in. JMU, Richmond, Villanova, UNH, & UAlbany. Not inconceivable, but a looooong way to go.

KPSUL
October 4th, 2016, 02:16 PM

There's plenty of pressure on both teams. Expectations for Albany I'm sure are sky-high at the moment. This game would give them the recognition they have been seeking since joining the CAA and put them well on the path to a at least a tie for the conference championship. I'd say Albany is feeling plenty of pressure to win.

KPSUL
October 4th, 2016, 02:26 PM
I was showing the path to playoffs with a Richmond loss. UAlbany has a shot at 8 with a loss here. That was the point.

I see that you are pointing to the Richmond loss @ SB, but Albany does get them @home.

The CAA could get 5 in. JMU, Richmond, Villanova, UNH, & UAlbany. Not inconceivable, but a looooong way to go.

I agree on 5 teams but would say: JMU, Richmond, Nova, Albany AND perhaps UNH, Stony Brook or Towson. (either Towson or SB may be out of the equation after Saturday)

Just ribbing our Richmond CAA brethren with the last post.

Gangtackle11
October 4th, 2016, 02:28 PM
I agree on 5 teams but would say: JMU, Richmond, Nova, Albany AND perhaps UNH, Stony Brook or Towson. (either Towson or SB may be out of the equation after Saturday)

Just ribbing our Richmond CAA brethren with the last post.

Dont disagree with addition of Towson/SB at the moment.

Dane96
October 4th, 2016, 04:42 PM
There's plenty of pressure on both teams. Expectations for Albany I'm sure are sky-high at the moment. This game would give them the recognition they have been seeking since joining the CAA and put them well on the path to a at least a tie for the conference championship. I'd say Albany is feeling plenty of pressure to win.

FACT.

Stonewall D
October 5th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Albany is a potentially good team. They remind me, somewhat, of the Towson team from 2013, which went to the national championship game and lost to NDSU.

Gangtackle11
October 5th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Albany is a potentially good team. They remind me, somewhat, of the Towson team from 2013, which went to the national championship game and lost to NDSU.

Interesting....we'll know more about them soon enough.

Stonewall D
October 5th, 2016, 11:04 AM
IMHO, they need their QB to mature a little. They have a very good running game and a very good, opportunistic, defense.

Gangtackle11
October 5th, 2016, 11:23 AM
IMHO, they need their QB to mature a little. They have a very good running game and a very good, opportunistic, defense.

Have to say I'm surprised they are 4-0 at this point so they must be doing a lot right. Richmond this week will tell more and then I'll see them 1st hand vs. Villanova on 22nd.

Schism55
October 5th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Dont disagree with addition of Towson/SB at the moment.
Towson is NOT making it.

Gangtackle11
October 5th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Towson is NOT making it.

Loser most certainly goes home this weekend, but they still have the slimmest of hope.

KPSUL
October 5th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Towson is NOT making it.

Towson still has a shot if they win Saturday. They finish out with Dartmouth, UNH, Delaware, Elon, William & Mary, and URI. The UNH and W&M games are at Towson.

MR. CHICKEN
October 5th, 2016, 06:00 PM
...BACK TA ALBANY:

BEAT BUFFALO...FBS RANKED #107....BULLS ARE 1-3 WHIFF OT W AGIN ARMY
BEAT RHODE ISLAND....RAMS ARE 1-4....WHIFF W...OVERAH BROWN
BEAT HOLY CROSS........CRUSADERS ARE 2-3....WHIFF W'S OVER LAFAYETTE & MORGAN STATE
BEAT ST. FRANCIS......HARPS ARE 2-3....WHIFF W'S OVER COLUMBIA & MALONE
FOUR OPPONENTS UH COMBINED 6-10

....AH'M.....NOT LETTIN'....DAT SHINY 4-0......SUCK ME INTA THINKIN'...DANES ARE GREAT............ BROCK!

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 5th, 2016, 07:51 PM
With all due respect to Albany, if the Spiders are the team I think they are, this is a double digit Richmond win.

Albany will have our full attention.

Stonewall D
October 5th, 2016, 09:01 PM
There are only a handful of FCS teams that did beat an FBS team this year. Albany is one of them. Why didn't Delaware schedule Buffalo?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 5th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Because Buffalo pays less than half what Wake Forest does. There's little more to it than that.

Gangtackle11
October 5th, 2016, 09:31 PM
With all due respect to Albany, if the Spiders are the team I think they are, this is a double digit Richmond win.

Albany will have our full attention.

My apologies to Albany fans, but I think this ^ too.

Stonewall D
October 5th, 2016, 10:09 PM
That is interesting. If I were Delaware I would prefer an FBS scalp rather than more money.

Gangtackle11
October 5th, 2016, 10:15 PM
That is interesting. If I were Delaware I would prefer an FBS scalp rather than more money.

History tells you it's about a 10% chance to get that FBS scalp so most take the $$$ & run.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 5th, 2016, 10:20 PM

Would you rather play UVA for $350k or ODU for $150k?

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2016, 06:03 AM
There are only a handful of FCS teams that did beat an FBS team this year. Albany is one of them. Why didn't Delaware schedule Buffalo?

...........DEY'RE PLENTY UH FCS TEAMS.....WHO COOD BEAT BUFFALO........ALBANY DIDN'T DO ANYTHIN' SPECIAL...............GUESS WE'RE CHICKEN.........BRAWK!

BestDaneSinceHamlet
October 6th, 2016, 09:34 AM
I think Albany got 275k for Buffalo. And do play ODU next year

Gangtackle11
October 6th, 2016, 09:41 AM
I think Albany got 275k for Buffalo. And do play ODU next year

Doesnt matter just an accounting deal for the state university system. No $$$ leaving the state system.

Stonewall D
October 6th, 2016, 02:55 PM
IMHO, Richmond pulls this one out 37-14. UR has a lot of offensive weapons.

Gangtackle11
October 6th, 2016, 04:26 PM
I have it Richmond 28 Albany 21 with the GD's getting a garbage TD in final seconds to make it look closer than it was.

KPSUL
October 6th, 2016, 05:34 PM
.... Our QB sometimes tries to force the issue. He has been sloppy recently. Last year Albany outplayed and out coached us. They are coming off a bye week. Albany also has a win against an FBS team. I give the advantage to Albany.

?? Big change in your humble opinion.

jmufan999
October 6th, 2016, 09:14 PM
this is a double digit Richmond win.

i would agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schism55
October 6th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Albany hasn't beaten a good team yet.
They won't this weekend.
Spiders by 14+

Stonewall D
October 6th, 2016, 10:01 PM
After studying the analysis on Albany's message board, here are my conclusions. Lauletta sometimes makes questionable throws. Yes UR was out coached in last year's game. UR lost the next two games. But I do not think it will happen this year. The Spiders hit the banana peel at Stony Brook. This year Albany will be following the play book of Stony Brook and Towson. Albany will try to run it down our throats. UR will counter that by forcing Sussman to beat us. I predict that UR will stack the box on defense and will control the clock on offense.

Stonewall D
October 6th, 2016, 10:08 PM
If this turns into a shoot out or if Albany gets behind early, Albany will not be able to recover. I predict that UR will lead 10-0 after the first quarter, final score 37-14 UR.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 7th, 2016, 05:36 AM
Albany has a great TO margin, maybe the best in all FCS. This is a great sign of a team that will take advantage of opportunities or create them if not there. However, I question how strong their O-line and D-line are. Buffalo is not a great measuring stick, but it's a great sign that they could take down a FBS team. I think UR will win in the trenches. Also, Lauletta is on the radar as a NFL prospect. I don't expect him to make that many mistakes. My heart says Albany finds a way to win, my head tells me Richmond should be able to control this one and win by 7-10 points. UR @ Albany is by far the most intriguing of the CAA matchups this week.

Gangtackle11
October 7th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Albany-Richmond is the 1st of several CAA games that will sort out who are the contenders this season.

The Great Danes can win @Maine, Elon, Delaware, & @ Stony Brook that will get them 8 wins & in.

What they do with Richmond, @ Villanova, & @UNH won't matter for a playoff spot if they can take care of the aforementioned 4 games.

My guess is they lose to Richmond,go 3-1 in the winnable games, lose @ Nova & @UNH giving them a 7-4 season. May not be enough to get in.

They are in good shape for at least 8 wins if they are truly for real or even close.

ASU33
October 7th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Any TV for this game?

kdinva
October 7th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Any TV for this game?

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=70366&SPID=8009&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211214091&DB_OEM_ID=15800

TV: Time Warner Cable SportsChannel

most likely a local broadcast.....

UAalum72
October 7th, 2016, 12:34 PM
As stated elsewhere, video at http://www.ualbanysports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=0&id=1727078&db_oem_id=15800

ASU33
October 7th, 2016, 01:11 PM
http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=70366&SPID=8009&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211214091&DB_OEM_ID=15800

TV: Time Warner Cable SportsChannel

most likely a local broadcast.....

Gotcha!xthumbsupx

Stonewall D
October 7th, 2016, 02:58 PM
UR has 5 good receivers that pose a threat. UR has a running game that is young, but improving under the tutelage of Sparky Woods. UR looks to open up the run game through the pass. I expect UR will begin the game on offense and will score in the first possession. At this point, Albany is too one dimensional.

flyrod
October 7th, 2016, 03:58 PM
I think this game has some serious interest in everyone seeing who Albany really is and if they are for real, this will be a good test.
I believe RU will win in the end
So will the Dane's make it an "AnyGivenSaturday" we will know in 24hrs

Gangtackle11
October 7th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Losing to Stony Brook after UVA win is one thing.....losing by 42-14 score is another.

I'm interested to see if the Spiders are for real as much as Albany. Very intriguing game to say the least.

Stonewall D
October 8th, 2016, 06:50 AM
We will see how good Albany's secondary is. If they pay too much attention to Brian Brown, Lauletta will throw it to Hudson the tight end. If we turn the ball over it will be like last year.

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2016, 07:12 AM
Albany rising, Richmond D has looked less than stellar and the Albany RB should roll em..... Brock talking to 4 th and 5th Richmond receivers about transferring haha

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2016, 07:49 AM
..........NEVERAH SEEN SO MANY....GO GA-GA....ON UH SQWAD....WHIFF SUCH POOR CREDENTIALS......4-0........ON TEAMS COMBINED 6-10.....AN' ONE W...WAS OVERAH MALONE.....WHATEVERAH DAT IS......EVEN IFIN' ALBANY MAKES IT CLOSE......IT'S 'CAUSE ARACHNIDS....R TRAVELLIN'....AN' ROAD GAMES IN CAA....ARE TOUGH ON...DUH VISITORS.......ALSO.....'NOVA ON DUH HORIZON.......GEESH.....WHAA NOT RAMP UP TENNESSEE STATE....SAME DIFF.......BROCK!

Stonewall D
October 8th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Our 4th and 5th receivers are pretty good. They play behind Brown and Wilkins.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 8th, 2016, 09:56 AM
I have no doubt in my mind that Abell, Brissett, Tibbs could all start for Delaware.

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2016, 10:41 AM
I have no doubt in my mind that Abell, Brissett, Tibbs could all start for Delaware.

it's beyond any doubt at all, that's why I joked Brock was talking to your bench warmer receivers to come north with the promise of playing time

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2016, 11:00 AM
..........NEVERAH SEEN SO MANY....GO GA-GA....ON UH SQWAD....WHIFF SUCH POOR CREDENTIALS......4-0........ON TEAMS COMBINED 6-10.....AN' ONE W...WAS OVERAH MALONE.....WHATEVERAH DAT IS......EVEN IFIN' ALBANY MAKES IT CLOSE......IT'S 'CAUSE ARACHNIDS....R TRAVELLIN'....AN' ROAD GAMES IN CAA....ARE TOUGH ON...DUH VISITORS.......ALSO.....'NOVA ON DUH HORIZON.......GEESH.....WHAA NOT RAMP UP TENNESSEE STATE....SAME DIFF.......BROCK!

Mr C, has it really already been 10 years gone (LZ reference) since Albany came into to Newark and pulled of a big upset over the Hens... who would of thunk back at that time that the Danes would be in the CAA and not only in the CAA but 4-0 and being picked to beat Richmond (not by all of course :) ..... not me. Now today, the element of surprise is long gone and now they get to feel how it feels for people coming into the state capitol to do some harm..... you have a good point about Albany not being tested yet.... interesting ball game!

Matt
October 8th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Is the Albany stream not working for anyone else?

clickclack
October 8th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Richmond receivers have a big size advantage just eye balling it...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

BestDaneSinceHamlet
October 8th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Is working now

clickclack
October 8th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Rich fumble... Ua on the 27 yard line...

clickclack
October 8th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Play under review...

clickclack
October 8th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Fumble confirmed... Ua ball.

KPSUL
October 8th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Same halftime score in both games: RU 10 @ UA 10 AND W&M 10 @ JMU 10

spdram
October 8th, 2016, 03:55 PM
not RU UR is correct name

KPSUL
October 8th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Really, all the other pretentious private schools end in University or College. Your Trustees need to take look at that.

spdram
October 8th, 2016, 04:41 PM
I know you say that with love xsmiley_wix UR 13-10 5 mins left in3rd

kdinva
October 8th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Danes w/a 51 yard TD pass w/75 seconds left in regulation....PAT kick good.........20-20

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 05:43 PM
http://www.ualbanysports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&id=1727078&catid=0&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=15800

OT about to start. 20-20

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 06:00 PM
TD albany in 2OT. XP pending, UR gets a try after this.

- - - Updated - - -

XP good. UR ball.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 06:02 PM
TD Spiders!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Another UR TD, this time to start the 3rd OT...going for two following at Spider TO...

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Wow. Albany with the chance to win.

- - - Updated - - -

UR fails the 2pt conversion attempt.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 06:15 PM
albany loses.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2016, 06:15 PM
UR wins! Albany QB missed a wide open WR on 4th and 2!!

Stonewall D
October 8th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Albany is for real.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 8th, 2016, 06:22 PM
What a game. Tip of the cap to the Great Danes.

clickclack
October 8th, 2016, 06:24 PM
This loss hurts... My two little boys are drowning in tears. So many chances.

I mean it with all sinceraty... Congrats to Richmond... Tough team and out-gutted us. We'll done... Good luck the rest of the way

Stonewall D
October 8th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Those are classy sentiments. Great game. Albany should make the playoffs.

CatsWin
October 8th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Heck of a game. Glad I was able to watch the 3 OTs.

clickclack
October 8th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Heck of a game. Glad I was able to watch the 3 OTs.

What does this loss mean for UA ranking? Richmond?

RootinFerDukes
October 8th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Really, all the other pretentious private schools end in University or College. Your Trustees need to take look at that.

It's totally RU. UR is the university of radford. I'm glad I'm not the only other to notice the pretentiousness in those red sweater vests.

Stonewall D
October 8th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Great game. The CAA has very good teams. There is a lot of parity. Every week you get the best shot of the other team. Albany is a good team.

Gangtackle11
October 8th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Looking forward to playing Richmond down there next Saturday. Should be a good one.

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2016, 08:33 PM
where did the Albany RB go in the OT's? all I saw was the QB trying to run

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 8th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Looking forward to playing Richmond down there next Saturday. Should be a good one.

Agreed. I'm s little concerned about a physical hangover for the Spiders next week. Several injuries today.

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 08:55 PM
What does this loss mean for UA ranking? Richmond?

To me wherever you put Richmond Albany better be only a few spots behind them.

Dewey

Schism55
October 8th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Towson is NOT making it.
Told ya xthumbsupx

Matt
October 8th, 2016, 09:32 PM
It's totally RU. UR is the university of radford. I'm glad I'm not the only other to notice the pretentiousness in those red sweater vests.

I hate that I laughed at this. The sweater vests are a plague. Even worse at basketball games.

32counter
October 9th, 2016, 12:29 AM
Saw that you had a bye week this week with your more than easy 35-0 W over URI.Playing your 2's and 3's in 4th Q will help you down the road.

Gangtackle11
October 9th, 2016, 07:15 AM
Saw that you had a bye week this week with your more than easy 35-0 W over URI.Playing your 2's and 3's in 4th Q will help you down the road.

Villanova has an injury to starting LB, but they are deep there. All other starters are healthy. Coach Talley is fond of his former DC & current URI HC Jim Fleming. Starters were out late 3rd/early 4th as they throttled down the mismatch.

KPSUL
October 9th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Told ya xthumbsupx

To be fair about it, they did lose their all conference running back, Darius Victor, before the game. They lost their #2 RB Shane Simpson, early in the 2nd half.

Schism55
October 9th, 2016, 12:49 PM
To be fair about it, they did lose their all conference running back, Darius Victor, before the game. They lost their #2 RB Shane Simpson, early in the 2nd half.
Bummer. Good health to those two young men going forward.
I just thought Stony was a bad matchup for them.