RedFlash
September 28th, 2016, 05:14 PM
NEC Week 5

Malone @ Saint Francis (-35)
Duquesne (-6.5) @ Jacksonville
Sacred Heart (-9.5) @ Wagner
RMU (+29) @ Liberty
Bryant (+4.5)@ Maine

· StFU needs to score some points in the 2nd half of their games. Should have an easy time with Malone this week.
· Was shocked to see the Dukes drop last week’s game to KSU.
· I’ll stop with the Sacred Heart/Pioneer League jokes now. Impressive win against Stony Brook last week.
· RMU got its first victory of the season last week and it looks as if last year’s starting QB got some snaps as he returns from injury.
· Bryant put 45 on the board against CCSU. If they get their defense playing well, they could be a dark horse
· Wagner held BC to 42 … moral victory?
· CCSU gets the week off

Last week’s record: 4-2; Overall: 20-6

Gangtackle11
September 28th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Last Week: 4-2 Season: 21-5

St.Francis 35 Malone 0
Duquesne 28 Jacksonville 23
Sacred Heart 31 Wagner 17
Liberty 34 Robert Morris 10
Maine 26 Bryant 20

bonarae
September 28th, 2016, 07:36 PM
St. Francis
Duquesne
Sacred Heart
Liberty
Maine

Bluefish845
September 29th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Last Week 4-2 Overall 20-6 The 2 surprises of course was the Dukes losing to Kennesaw and the Pioneers romping Stony Brook in pretty much every facet of the game. I picked the STFU-Albany game correctly with the Danes coming out on top, but a look at the Box score says STFU dominated much of that game but it was not reflected on the scoreboard.

This week STFU will put up big numbers against Malone.
Duquesne will win a close one at Jacksonville in what may be a shootout.
SHU will squeak one out over Wagner after a bit of a let down from the Stony Brook game and potentially a downpour in Staten Island.
Bryant at Maine, another possible CAA Scalp here. Maine's defense is good, offense meh, they should've beaten UConn and lost gas against JMU. but the Bulldog offense seems to be hitting stride. I'm picking Maine for the win but Bryant will cover.

Another paycheck game for Robert Morris at Liberty, possible shutout but more like 56-3 Liberty.

eiu1999
September 29th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Malone @ Saint Francis (-35)
Duquesne (-6.5) @ Jacksonville
Sacred Heart (-9.5) @ Wagner
RMU (+29) @ Liberty
Bryant (+4.5)@ Maine

blackbeard
September 29th, 2016, 10:16 AM
SFU
Duquesne
SHU
Liberty
Bryant

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2016, 02:43 PM
ST. FRANCIS
DUQUESNE
SACRED HEART
LIBERTY
MAINE

Original_RMC
September 29th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Malone @ Saint Francis - SFU uses their running game to control Malone and show why many are saying this could be the year SFU breaks out and wins the NEC. SFU 34-10
Duquesne @ Jacksonville - Who are the Dukes? They have not played a complete game. They show signs of a great team but mostly they are playing like a mid-tier NEC team. Dukes in a close one. Dukes 24-20
Sacred Heart @ Wagner - SHU should be ranked at least #25. There is a buzz around the FCS about SHU and they will continue to show why that buzz is legit. SHU 42-17
RMU @ Liberty - Not sure who is playing QB. Not sure if Fennell is able to play. And not sure if they will update the Game Notes to reflect any lineup changes. Liberty goes 5-0 vs. the NEC at home. Liberty 41-6
Bryant @ Maine - Maine has played some good teams to start the season. Only lost to UConn by 3 and last week it was a close game against ranked JMU. Bryant keeps it close maybe till the half but Maine is a veteran team and will put this away. Maine 31-14

RedFlash
September 30th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Malone @ Saint Francis - SFU uses their running game to control Malone and show why many are saying this could be the year SFU breaks out and wins the NEC. SFU 34-10
Duquesne @ Jacksonville - Who are the Dukes? They have not played a complete game. They show signs of a great team but mostly they are playing like a mid-tier NEC team. Dukes in a close one. Dukes 24-20
Sacred Heart @ Wagner - SHU should be ranked at least #25. There is a buzz around the FCS about SHU and they will continue to show why that buzz is legit. SHU 42-17
RMU @ Liberty - Not sure who is playing QB. Not sure if Fennell is able to play. And not sure if they will update the Game Notes to reflect any lineup changes. Liberty goes 5-0 vs. the NEC at home. Liberty 41-6
Bryant @ Maine - Maine has played some good teams to start the season. Only lost to UConn by 3 and last week it was a close game against ranked JMU. Bryant keeps it close maybe till the half but Maine is a veteran team and will put this away. Maine 31-14

Nice analysis O_RMC. Curious on your thoughts about RMU's coaching staff. Is Banaszak on the hot seat? I realize that expectations to win at NEC schools is somewhat tempered - otherwise many would have been calling for Coach V's head at StFU in his first few years - but I have to admit I thought Banaszak would bring some new energy to the place. And is it me or have they deliberately looked beyond the WPIAL for talent the last few years. They don't seem to have as many kids from Western PA as in the past.