PDA

View Full Version : Kennesaw State: An Owl Goes To Sleep

ursus arctos horribilis
September 27th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Man I love this dude. He is like a B. A. Baracus that puts himself for sleep when flying. xlolx

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/780822103977259010

TheKingpin28
September 27th, 2016, 09:41 PM
xlmaox

chattanoogamocs
September 27th, 2016, 09:46 PM
That is awesome.

eiu1999
September 27th, 2016, 09:55 PM
I hate flying too.

Twentysix
September 27th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Good life experience for him. I can't believe people react like this to flying.

bonarae
September 27th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Hard to believe some people still hate flying in this day and age. xlolx

Bison56
September 28th, 2016, 07:52 AM

I am one of those people.

JaxSinfonian
September 28th, 2016, 08:00 AM
I had the pleasure of sitting in the seat next to my youngest niece, then 4, on her first flight two years ago. She had the window seat, and spent all of takeoff with her face right against the window. I saw her lips moving repeatedly, so I leaned closer. She was whispering over and over, "This ... is ... awesome."

Kind of the opposite of this young man's reaction. Poor guy.

UNIFanSince1983
September 28th, 2016, 08:08 AM
This is honestly how I will more than likely be when going on my Honeymoon in a few weeks. I've only flown once, and I do not like it.

Libertine
September 28th, 2016, 10:41 AM
I hate travelling by air but it isn't the flying part that bugs me. It's all the hassle you have to do just to sit in a cramped tube for hours at a time.

Still, the marvel of air travel is so impressive. The fact that we can travel in a matter of hours the same distance that it took even our more recent ancestors several weeks or months is just amazing to me.

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Used to fly a ton for work....not so much now. My first ever flight was in college....puddle jump from Fargo to Minneapolis.......connecting to a flight from MSP to Tokyo....connecting to a flight from Tokyo to Beijing. xlolx

McNeese75
September 28th, 2016, 12:54 PM
I will fly rather than drive every time. xnodx (Hell of a lot safer)

PAllen
September 28th, 2016, 01:10 PM

I don't hate flying. I hate being molested by "security", crammed into a tiny seat with no leg room, treated rudely by flight attendants, and having to add hours of time to my trip to account for the complete ineptness of others, all while paying for the privilege.

Daytripper
September 28th, 2016, 01:16 PM
I will fly rather than drive every time. xnodx (Hell of a lot safer)

Yep. You are statistically much, much more likely to die in a car accident than in a plane crash. That being said, I prefer driving over flying. Nothing in the world better than an long, leisurely road trip.

McNeese75
September 28th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Other than a nice quick flight covering the same distance. xnodx Club membership, preferential boarding, TSA Pre check all help make for a nice trip.

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2016, 01:54 PM
I have Global Entry and TSA Pre-Check so I get in pretty quickly.

Next flight up IAH-ORD-DUB then DUB-BOS-IAH.

Gonna be fun

SuperJon
September 28th, 2016, 05:33 PM
I hate travelling by air but it isn't the flying part that bugs me. It's all the hassle you have to do just to sit in a cramped tube for hours at a time.

Still, the marvel of air travel is so impressive. The fact that we can travel in a matter of hours the same distance that it took even our more recent ancestors several weeks or months is just amazing to me.

If only cell phone video was a thing when Asa took his first flight to Stony Brook...

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2016, 05:40 PM
If only cell phone video was a thing when Asa took his first flight to Stony Brook...

6.5 yrs. between posts...welcome back. xlolx

McNeese75
September 28th, 2016, 07:57 PM
I have Global Entry and TSA Pre-Check so I get in pretty quickly.

Next flight up IAH-ORD-DUB then DUB-BOS-IAH.

Gonna be fun

I have thought about global entry (only time I would use is is coming back from Mexico) but we would have to go to Houston to get it

POD Knows
September 28th, 2016, 09:20 PM
If you are a grown adult and afraid to fly, you are the biggest pussy that ever walked the face of the earth.

melloware13
September 28th, 2016, 10:48 PM
I was lucky that my first flight had a monitor on the seat ahead of me, so I just focused on the trivia contest. That and the person I sat next to brought a few issues of the SI swimsuit edition for the band trip.

Laker
October 2nd, 2016, 03:23 PM
I'm not so small myself anymore, but in 1994 flying back at midnight from Anchorage on a rough flight between two obese people was not fun. Couldn't fall asleep, couldn't even move. The pilot said it you look out the left side of the plane, you can see the Northern Lights. I couldn't see past the person next to me.