PDA

View Full Version : Were going to find out if Albany is for REAL!!!

MRuler
September 26th, 2016, 08:48 AM
I last posted after watching an Albany practice the week before the Buffalo game. My report was they are finally a legit CAA team. I think we can agree that they are. The next game against Richmond will tell us for sure. By the same account Richmond is not as strong as I thought they would be. Should they get by Richmond they have a reasonable shot at the playoffs. I mean no disrespect to the other programs in the CAA but no one has really wowed me as in years past. Are any of those teams much better than Buffalo? Maybe. Richmond and JMU are the top dogs and we don't play JMU (Thankfully). I know, I know.... Villanova, Delaware, Elon, New Hampshire and Maine. I cant think any of those teams are that much further ahead of Albany this year.

The good news and bad news for UA is they are exceptionally young. I believe their only Seniors are on the OL. Oct 8 is HC and Richmond comes to town. The stadium will be packed and rocking. I cant wait to see how we do against one of the top teams in the CAA now that we are on equal footing.

RedFlash
September 26th, 2016, 08:58 AM
I was at the game Saturday evening against StFU and have to admit, I wasn't overly impressed by Albany. StFU basically handed this one away, turning the ball over 4 times including once inside they're own 30 and a second time at the Albany 2 yard line. I'll be curious to see how they fare against their CAA foes this year.

MRuler
September 26th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Funny how two people see the same thing and have differing opinions. I really don't think STFU handed it away as much as Albany took it from them. The same could be said of UA with a missed FG and an interception on a drive. UA is tops in forcing turnovers in the nation. By the same token it was only 9-3 when Albany took command. I was never worried as a fan about coming back from a 9-3 deficit. If it were 21-0 and STFU lost the game liken the Towson game I would agree with you.

I don't think Albany played exceptionally well on Saturday either. It may have been a case of looking past an improved STFU. I will agree you guys should do very well in the NEC this season. Bob Ford used to schedule up like that when UA was in the NEC and it brought us 6 NEC titles. I think STFU can pick up the where we left off but you need to deal with SHU.

The incident at the end of the game was unfortunate. I don't think we will be scheduling anything with STFU in the future from the reports I have heard. Best of luck going forward.

dewey
September 26th, 2016, 09:10 AM
I will be anxiously watching the score tracker to see if Albany is legit. A win over Richmond would be a very good win.

Dewey

Gangtackle11
September 26th, 2016, 09:15 AM
I'm interested to see Albany in person at Villanova on 10/22. It will be homecoming for us and the grand opening oF the new athletic building in the west end zone which will be the new home for football!

UNHWildcat18
September 26th, 2016, 09:17 AM
I think Ualbany is a great young team, they've had some great recruiting classes over the last three years and it's starting to show. I don't think they finish in the top two of the CAA with JMU and whoever but I absolutely think they are in a position to fight for the 3-5th place and a potential playoff spot.

MRuler
September 26th, 2016, 09:23 AM
I'm interested to see Albany in person at Villanova on 10/22. It will be homecoming for us and the grand opening oF the new athletic building in the west end zone which will be the new home for football!

Of all the teams we face after Richmond, Villanova is the one that worries me most. So I am also looking forward to the VU game. If Richmond hands us our A$$ I will be very interested to see how we respond. A winning season would be a great stride inside the CAA for us. I do think going forward we will really be a threat in this conference.