MONTANA
NORTH DAKOTA
SACREMENTO STATE
NORTHERN ARIZONA
WEBER STATE
SOUTHERN UTAH

BisonTru
September 23rd, 2016, 12:09 PM
Montana atCal Poly - A team that can run the ball vs. a team that can stop the run
North Dakota at Montana State - Two MVFC teams playing in the wrong conference
Sac State at Idaho State -The Toliet Bowl
Eastern Wash at Northern Arizona - Case and Gub in a dome, I predict a basketball score
Weber State at UC Davis - I don't know enough about either team so the home team wins
Portland State at Southern Utah - Ditto my last comment

veinup
September 23rd, 2016, 12:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

hopefullyxpeacex

wapiti
September 23rd, 2016, 01:01 PM
Montana 24 at Cal Poly 26 Tough one to call. I will go with the home team in a close one.
North Dakota 24 at Montana State 28 Another tough one to call, so I will go with home team again.
Sac State 24 at Idaho State 32 Neither team has shown much yet this year.
Eastern Wash 38 at Northern Arizona 24 EWU has played well, but is dealing with injuries. I do not know the status of injured players. NAU was picked to do well and this game should show how good they are.
Weber State 24 at UC Davis 30 The BBQ struggled to beat a poor Sac St team in Odgen, now they have a road game.
Portland State 16 at Southern Utah 24 SUU's defense has been ok so far this year and should win this game.

srgrizizen
September 23rd, 2016, 03:37 PM
MONTANA
NORTH DAKOTA
SACREMENTO STATE
NORTHERN ARIZONA
WEBER STATE
SOUTHERN UTAH

Dittoxthumbsupx

eiu1999
September 23rd, 2016, 03:54 PM
Montana at Cal Poly
North Dakota at Montana State
Sac State at Idaho State
Eastern Wash at Northern Arizona
Weber State at UC Davis
Portland State at Southern Utah

nevadagriz
September 23rd, 2016, 03:55 PM
Cat fans how is your rush defense this year? I want to pick the cats but santiago is a beast.

Catbooster
September 23rd, 2016, 04:59 PM
Hard to judge against the teams we've played - not sure how they compare to the Big Sky teams.

But they seem to have learned how to ... you know, that thing where you grab the other guy and knock him down? Tackle. Yeah. They seem to have learned about tackling. :)

The defense is improved considerably but the offense is inconsistent. They looked really good last week but it was against DII. Improvement each game is good, but it's hard to judge just how much improved against the teams we've played. Much improved on D but with Prukop gone and new staff, etc. the offense is still a work in progress. We're almost looking opposite of last year - defense needs to keep it close for the offense rather than just needing a few stops so the offense can outscore the opponent.

Overall, I'm happy with the new program, but they're still working on it.

(but I'd put my bet on the Bobcats tomorrow xthumbsupx )

Edit to add:
The most noticeable thing in these first few games is an emphasis on ball security for the O and take-aways for the D. We've given it away once and taken it 12 times so far (lead the nation in takeaways right now). After the first 2 games we had more interceptions than all of last year.

Also we've played a lot of backups so far. Choate wants game experience on the younger guys so they're ready when injuries hit. Last week he played 50-60 of the players.

bonarae
September 23rd, 2016, 05:24 PM
Montana at Cal Poly
North Dakota at Montana State
Sac State at Idaho State
Eastern Wash at Northern Arizona
Weber State at UC Davis
Portland State at Southern Utah

Grizalltheway
September 23rd, 2016, 05:46 PM
Hard to judge against the teams we've played - not sure how they compare to the Big Sky teams.

But they seem to have learned how to ... you know, that thing where you grab the other guy and knock him down? Tackle. Yeah. They seem to have learned about tackling. :)

The defense is improved considerably but the offense is inconsistent. They looked really good last week but it was against DII. Improvement each game is good, but it's hard to judge just how much improved against the teams we've played. Much improved on D but with Prukop gone and new staff, etc. the offense is still a work in progress. We're almost looking opposite of last year - defense needs to keep it close for the offense rather than just needing a few stops so the offense can outscore the opponent.

Overall, I'm happy with the new program, but they're still working on it.

(but I'd put my bet on the Bobcats tomorrow xthumbsupx )

Edit to add:
The most noticeable thing in these first few games is an emphasis on ball security for the O and take-aways for the D. We've given it away once and taken it 12 times so far (lead the nation in takeaways right now). After the first 2 games we had more interceptions than all of last year.

Also we've played a lot of backups so far. Choate wants game experience on the younger guys so they're ready when injuries hit. Last week he played 50-60 of the players.

Are your backups better than your starters like they were during the Ash era? :)

mvemjsunpx
September 23rd, 2016, 06:54 PM
Montana 31-28 Cal Poly — The 'Stangs look better than expected, but the extra week should help the Griz

Weber 28-17 Davis — The Wildcats catch a break thanks to Aggie quarterback injuries

Sac State 21-28 Idaho St. — Looks like last place will be clinched after the first week

Portland St. 27-24 Suutah — The "We're Not as Good as Last Year" Bowl

EWU 42-49 NAU — First defensive stop wins…

NoDak 27-17 Montana St. — Bruggman's gonna have to be on fire for the Bobcats to win this

SeattleBobcat
September 23rd, 2016, 09:16 PM
Cat fans how is your rush defense this year? I want to pick the cats but santiago is a beast.
The DT position is thin, but the guys have been playing good fundamentals this year. I'm picking the cats 33-31 I hope they do just enough to get the stops they need to win at home. If this game was in ND it could get ugly with the crowd on their side, I think home field advantage wins this one for us.

SeattleBobcat
September 23rd, 2016, 09:17 PM
Cal Poly
MONTANA STATE
Idaho State
Northern Arizona
UC Davis
Southern Utah

veinup
September 23rd, 2016, 11:07 PM
made it to montecito tonight, on the way to san luis obispo. GO GRIZ.

bojeta
September 23rd, 2016, 11:58 PM
Enjoy the trip through all my hometowns on the way! Santa Barbara, Goleta, Orcutt, San Luis Obispo. The drive alone is worth it. Game should be great!!!! Wishing the best for both teams (which includes a victory for Cal Poly). Seriously, these two teams always put on a great show. May the best team win!

veinup
September 24th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Enjoy the trip through all my hometowns on the way! Santa Barbara, Goleta, Orcutt, San Luis Obispo. The drive alone is worth it. Game should be great!!!! Wishing the best for both teams (which includes a victory for Cal Poly). Seriously, these two teams always put on a great show. May the best team win!

man, you were lucky to grow up down here! i'm new to living in southern california, this is by far the most beautiful part i've seen yet. just gorgeous. maybe even prettier than missoula MT. sorry everyone.

JALMOND
September 24th, 2016, 12:45 PM
NAU 52, EWU 48---Jacks one of the few teams capable of outscoring the Eagles
CP 35, UM 27---Mustangs this year's Portland State?
UND 24, MSU 21---Hawks pound out a tough win.
SUU 33, PSU 27---Viks need to find a pass defense before they can find success
ISU 15, SAC 12---Like last week, Hornets best chance to win is to make it ugly
UCD 21, WSU 16---Upset special, Aggies muddle the game at home to get the win

SUUTbird
September 24th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Montana @ Cal Poly
North Dakota @ Montana State
Sac State @ Idaho State
Eastern Washington @ Northern Arizona
Weber State @ UC Davis
Portland State @ Southern Utah

Screamin_Eagle174